q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

410 posts in this topic match your search for posts by northvibe. You are on page 1 of 2.
#102 6 years ago

I'm almost about to beat the main story. But there are SO many moons to go back and find....freaking soooo good. However I need to get much better at the jump, hat, dive, hat thing long jumps. I am not that talented yet.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Dang.
I'll probably get one anyway, we just have so much money in the Wii U setup, I hate to have to buy a bunch of joy cons and accessories again.

I feel you. My wiiu is still connected to the main tv and I have new games :/

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Cool, thanks for the info! We have a lot of the pro controllers for the wii u at the moment, we all like playing with those.
How do you normally configure yours? With the grip in the middle of left and right joycons?

I game a TON with the switch in handheld mode (joy cons attached to switch) It isn't the most comfy but it reminds me of the wiiu gamepad, so my wife can watch tv.
When I have full access to the tv, the PRO controller IS THE BEST!
When I take my switch to work and fight/race my coworkers, we just pop the joycons off and play that way, with 1 person on a pro controller. I still should get a 2nd set of joycons....but haven't done so yet.

#118 6 years ago

someone showed joycon use is fairly spot on to a wiimote...soo there are tons of things that could be done!

#151 6 years ago

Hd rumble must be similar to the iPhone 7/8 vibrate as it is via a speaker thinger.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang! Rayman at $20 is a steal. I'm not gonna wait in line - but if I can show up later in the day and get 1-2 Switch & Bomberman for $24 each, I'll buy them.

I was hoping they'd be like that online...but yeah. I'm not going to the store unless it was that evening after the crazies are done

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Is 1-2 switch actually fun?

Yes. HOWEVER. It is a party game. A Great party game. Single player....meh
Snipper clips is also a great coop fun game.

#183 6 years ago

I’m gonna go snag doom tomorrow to have a cool FPS and show support for more good games ported! Wolf2 soon too!

I️ think I️ just hit 450? Moons about. I’ll try to 100% so it will be a bit and I️ may ask for the guide for Xmas to help

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you can't find any more moons you can give Hint Toad 50 coins or use an Amiibo to mark a Moon spot on the map for you....although there are a few marked spots that have me stumped at the moment!

Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Apparently there are 900 moons so get to it !

Yeah, I hit toad up and the parrot but there are many that are very hard to find, or on other worlds. The guide is my backup for not finding those last ones.

Just hit ~550 moons! there is a little surprise at 500

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from Avi8er:

I'm thinking of buying a switch for SMO and Splatoon 2. Seems like both of those games are a ton of fun.

There are even more really fun games.

Zelda, tons of indie games, and even more coming out this month!

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Do not overlook Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Probably my overall favorite game on the system, and yes that includes BotW and SMO.

It should be on sale on BF!

Quoted from Rarehero:

My brain just glazes over. I just wanna run and shoot and do all the action in real time. I don't get turn based stuff at all.

You need doom!

#207 6 years ago

I️ figured since you wanted a run n gun. It is a fast paced run shooter. Good game to tide you over until Metroid.

Otherwise wolf2 is coming next month? I forgot when.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Getting there. About to just blow through it because there doesn't seem to be any benefit whatsoever to collecting more than the needed number up front.

There really isn’t, just get enough to move on and continue forward. 5th world? Mmm you got a lot of game left!

There are hidden moons that are in plain sight and some are super hidden. I love it. I crushed some more out last night in the sand kingdom. Man I’m using a guide but I never would of found a handful without. Pretty fun even using a guide!

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Not using a guide until I absolutely have to.
Still in shock that someone already 100%'ed this in one sitting, and it was only 17 hours and 20 minutes.

The speed runners probably can beat it in 30-40 min now so I could see that once they know where all the moons are.

There are so many moons that you just idk how you’d find them. If you don’t use the guide, just make sure to go everywhere and inspect everything

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Someone did? I mean...even at 135, we've found moons in the most retarded places imaginable. I know where one is that I just *CAN'T* GET TO because I'm not good enough with manipulating the hat yet to cross a giant poison pit.. I can't see it, but I know it's over there because:
Every internal moon location has two moons, and the only place I haven't been to, is the far side of that one room. I made it across the middle room on a few attempts, but this other one basically requires me to make that perfect jump series three times to get across? FML.
Literally: Look EVERYWHERE, even places you think should be impossible to go. I haven't found any benefit to it YET, but like for example...(ERMAGERD MINOR SPOILERS HERE) when you go back to the very first tutorial stage, and can take over the paratroopa goombas, you can actually APPARENTLY fly *under* the hats that are down in the mist. I've only checked one so far, no idea if there's a hidden moon under one of the others, but hey...now I have to go check them all. >_<;;

The guide book shows them all, and places like ign and others are getting video/walk throughs on how to.

A handful of them took me 20+ tries. I’m enjoying the challenge! Almost 100% wood kingdom then continuing the next to 100%.

Tip: shaking the controller can do moves/abilities not able to be done by just buttons.

#222 6 years ago

590 moons!!! Almost to the magical 600!!!!

The game only gets harder the more you complete.....

Tip of the day. Collect as many coins as you can! They come in useful dying and buying stuff

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Getting all the moons is going to be a massive chore. Sorry, I like the game but I can't see why everyone thinks it's so perfect. Ah well, I'll just buy moons 10 at a time in the shop.

those moons don't mark them off your list though. You just need those after you collect every one, to meet the 999 task

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

but they do power up the Odyssey.

Quoted from Gov:

you do what is fun for you.

Yup, whatever allows you to enjoy the game.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Anyone playing it multi-player?
I'm not enjoying multi-player as much as I had hoped. That alone lowers it from a perfect score for me. I don't know. Maybe I went into it with the wrong expectations of a robust 2-player experience. After playing as the hat last night, I just found myself frustrated trying to direct my wife where to go with Mario. I might as well just watch her play. A few times I tried directing the camera and she walked Mario right off a cliff...
Super Mario 3D World had some good multi-player, but was way too easy.
The best multi-player Mario seems to be the New Super Mario Bros series.

Mario's coop. mmm. Nintendo is good at throwing coop into games for families and playing with kids. It will not be the "BEST" way to play frustration free, however it is a great way to enjoy the game with someone. Similar to Galaxy series, but Odysseys is more involved. If you want a real coop game, get snipper clips, overcooked, 1-2 switch, mario kart, bomberman or even rayman. There are tons of indie games on the eshop with good/decent coop.

NSMB/3dmw was good as you had your own players...the use of the cap can be pretty hard as coop.

#251 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh, see, I still only have the 2 it came with. I didn't know you could DO that. I needed to buy an extra set for Bomberman anyways, so there's another reason! That makes WAY more sense LMFAO.

do you have a pro controller yet..I'd recommend that over a 2nd set of joycons, UNLESS you are going to do the 1-2 switch stuff a lot.

EDIT:
OMG people are playing mario with 1 joycon....no wonder someone didn't like it, THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE

#257 6 years ago

Because the switch is a new experience with HDrumble etc. Wiimotes would not allow the full switch experience. ANd hey you got to use wiimotes on 2 consoles plus a pc...that is pretty good, NO other (recent, ps1/ps2) console allowed controllers from their older unit to the new one.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

lulwut....
I use the 360 controller on my PC. I never use a wiimote on the pc (Yeah, I know it's bluetooth, but who gives a f...)
I mean...is Ninty selling replacement battery packs for Joycons yet? No? Then as far as I'm concerned, the Wiimote is a more viable longterm product. Battery wear is real, and things without user-replaceable batteries SUCK. Joycons did everything else right, but ultimately, they're going to be just as usefully limited as PS4 controllers are, and that's garbage.....especially for dingy games that won't really make use of rumble.
I don't give two craps about 'the full experience' past playing a game for the very first time. Beyond that...just working is fine with me. Which reminds me. I need to hook up my Gamecube adapter and see if I can use GC controllers on Bomberman LOL.
Arguing that because something is the norm, that's the way things should be is......well....dumb.

Battery replacement for the joycon doesn't seem that bad. Once opened they are actually pretty easy to work on.

You know....they don't cater to us DIY, cheap folk that like to resuse things Also Nintendo is a Japanese company...they work very differently then say Xbox/us. They provide you the way they WANT you play/experience, you have to go their way or nothing. All the gaming companies make us buy crap for every console and charge 60 for controllers etc...but we keep paying Hey I saw target may of had some joycon sets on clearance....maybe a fluke though.

No other console had me purchasing so many freakin' different options! That's a gripe of mine with Nintendo that's going to carry forward into Switch: too many controller options
I shouldn't complain, though. Switch is super well priced for what it is and comes with the possibility for 2-player gameplay right out of the box.
Heck, it's dumb that I'll plop down $400 for a mere piece of a pinball machine, but a whole console experience with a few games for that same price and I'm left hesitant to spend more on extras!

did you get all the colored joycons? those stupid things have me wanting all the colors. :-p Neon yellow looks sooooo goooooood

#270 6 years ago

I haven't looked into the other colors. I specifically buy the switch with blue and red, passing on the Mario bundle since it just had red.
Ugh... but once you have more than 2 joycons, how do you keep all this stuff charged?

Quoted from V_piscopo:

It's just a USB C cable you can charge it in the wall with a USB charger for your phone if you like. I try to keep one charging from the system at all times and charge the other one in the wall if need be. But I mostly play alone.

Yeah you have to swap them onto the switch while docked OR get a joycon charging dock.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/powera-joy-con-charging-dock-for-nintendo-switch-black/5729904.p?skuId=5729904&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=43&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=1f44c0eb-2105-4e0e-a63e-08698c673e19&ksprof_id=15&ksaffcode=pg236067&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

I guess amazon even has charging hand grip things
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071J8BP7K/ref=asc_df_B071J8BP7K5266686/

However....BE WARNED, the non licensed docks for the switch have been breaking switches. So you are taking a big chance with non licensed things dealing with power on this console.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

anyone else get rocket league for switch?
I never played it on ps4 since i don't have PSPlus but damn that game is fun. ]
I suck but I'm getting the hang of it, I did get back to back goals last night. I was pumping my fist like an idiot last night, almost like if i really did something meaningful, glad my wife had work early and was already asleep.
the game does take me back to Excitebike 64's Soccer mode. What a underrated game when it came out... not sure if its aged well at all.

I'm going to snag RL, but I think i'll wait until after xmas to see if I get it as a kid. I just got doom and need to calm down with the number of games I keep buying

EDIT: see, and now Worms WMD comes out Nov 27!!!

#280 6 years ago

I’m hearing Rocket league has some great online play with friends (menu and function wise)

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Getting my 10 year old daughter a Switch for Christmas. Looking for game recommendations? I figured Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart would be the first two games I would buy. Not sure what to get after that? Zelda, or is that too much for a 10 year old?

1-2 switch may be a fun family game, of for her friends.

See how she likes Mario and get Zelda based off that?

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I snagged 1-2 Switch and Bomberman from BB. Great prices on those two. Was tempted to get Mario/Rabbids for $30 at WM....but I still don't think I'll come around on that genre and have so much to play already.

Oh Walmart was the only place that had to for $30... dang. It is a great game, I think I’ll snag it for my stocking

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Switch owners...family of four (2 adults and 2 kids age 7 and 9)...what accessories/controllers are best? Pro controllers? Game suggestions?

I personally would do, 2 pro controllers and 2 sets of joycons. But it will also depend on what kind of games you guys usually play.

They make base stations for joycon charging, I think nyko makes one.

Games...like all of them
Mario kart
Mario Odyssey
1-2 switch (good family fun game)
snipper clips deluxe (good family/coop fun game)
zelda - single player experience
bomberman

tons of other games from indie to big titles like pokentourny and doom etc.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just picked up Switch for kids and new X box X for me. WWII is waiting.

HA! nice! I got WW2 for x1 too on BF. Only played 15 min of campaign but it plays soooo much more realistic than the old "arcade" cods

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The nice thing is that people seem to be able to actually buy a switch. All the availability problems in the past have been annoying.

Yeah! There has been stock at my BB and target for a month or so now. Tons were there on BF.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I’m thinking of getting a 4K oled tv, but concerned how the switch looks on it…anyone know?

It’s 1080p, so it would depend how your tv up scales or not. Should be fine.

#355 6 years ago

Ya! Pinball fx and the stern pinball arcade! I’ll snag em for some on the go play that is much better than a cell phone.

The other game I just found out about is riptide renegade is on switch!!!!!

1 week later
#361 6 years ago

Switch gets:

Bayonetta 1
Bayonetta 2
AND
Bayonetta 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#365 6 years ago

no wii sports like game yet, but 1-2 switch is a fun sort of activity game.

Yes there are a couple lego games on switch! those are worth it!

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

bayonetta 3 such good news. Bayo2 was one of the few highlights of being a wii u owner

I love that they are taking great wiiu games and bringing them over plus a new bad ass exclusive!!! So good! This console is so good but keeps getting better

#368 6 years ago

Cool pinball like game coming!

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Talking of which, Pinball FX3 is out on the Switch and you can get 3 free tables at the moment. It has a very nice portrait mode.

3! I only see two :/

EDIT: there are three. Sourcerers lair was dark purple and I didn’t see it in the dark

#371 6 years ago

Pbfx3 and tpa stern are both in the Eshop! Stern app is free but tables are paid.

#373 6 years ago

My buddy just got me mario rabbids kingdom for xmas....this game is fun and I'm not a big turn based xcom person..but they just make it so easy to pickup and learn. The only thing that annoyed me was the intro movie being like 40 min long and I couldn't skip it.

#381 6 years ago

Omg they have horizontal support.... freaking sweet!!! I can’t wait to see people make vpin mini cabs to hold their switch!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I hope it's just coincidence, but since I started playing that, I've had a lot of problems with my joycons freezing or going crazy. It was the same with another pair so it's the consoles problem.

Hmm, all is well with mine. Did you call Nintendo to ask about a joycon fix? There were antenna issues on many.

#387 6 years ago

Yes! need to make sure your joycons all got the firmware update (docking to switch). But if there are still issues, they will repair them. Just give them a call! They have SUPER AWESOME support.

#402 6 years ago

hell ya tommy. I have played splatoon since its original release. 2 is fun and has lots of enhancements over 1.

#409 6 years ago

I concur, it is a good game....but I just got it on wiiu this past summer! AHHHHHHH

Now I debate RL on physical or digital.... love collecting carts but.....so cheap digital

#417 6 years ago

I just bought riptide renegade as it’s 50% off, and I’m a big fan of vector unit and Hydro thunder. So far the game is pretty good, obviously not a boat racing but still plays nice, gets pretty hard!

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

So when I tested the portrait mode when the switch was docked, it became clear what I needed to do with that extra TV I had sitting in my basement. Mounted the TV and got an extra switch dock for pinball purposes.

Oh sweet!!! I’ll have to make sure my tv in the gameroom can rotate!

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

A new Waverace game from Nintendo would be very welcome. The original Gamecube game still holds up pretty well as far as playability.

I’m waiting for aqua moto racing utopia!

The same dev has a snowmobile game too. I hope we get all the refreshes!

#430 6 years ago

splatoon 1 had vs mod offline but it was weak imo. The switch I don’t think has the power for split player I don’t think. However it should have offline multiplayer but everyone needs their own switch

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I've been playing Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle and really enjoying it! Didn't think it'd be my kind of game but it's grown on me and charmed me a lot. If you think it could interest you give it a chance you'd be surprised how entertaining and addicting it is.

me too! Unlike xcom or jagged alliance, they make it easier to play but with strategy!

#447 6 years ago

Gonna snag RL physical today for my trip to CES... the physical should have all the DLC in, so that is nice.

#455 6 years ago

zelda easy? wtf.... Those guardian things kicked the @#$# out of me.

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Anything that can be defeated with a shield can't be too tough.

you guys use shields? I just run around with a stick :-p

Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

has anyone played DOOM on the switch yet? this game could be so good for "on the go" mayhem

I have DOOM. Game is great, except in handheld mode the joycons are uncomfy as F. The joystick(s) slide they don't rotate and there is no grip so your hands cramp and they fatigue with the flat back. I need to play more with my pro controller....

#486 6 years ago

Crap, there are still devs making wii games.

Not everyone in gaming wants to play games you only see on PS4/x1

BF2 takes how long to load and get into a game?! 30 min? A switch game is fast, can play quick and pause, pick up later. Now we don’t have the same games here but I’m not into those anymore, no time. The good casual games on switch have made me start gaming again

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The irony is that BF2 probably takes like double what the switch base capacity can hold by itself, has multiplayer that their system wouldn't be able to support, and requires graphics settings that their system can't support. It's like me telling someone "look how fast my DOS games load suckers!".
I love mine for portability. That's it. If it wasn't portable, then it wouldn't get played very much honestly. But it's super handy when waiting on kid events for an hour.

Sure, everyone likes different games. But I’ve been playing wiiu and switch over my x1 for years now. The games on Nintendo appeal to me so much more these days. Destiny just requires so much bs and time, I don’t have that anymore to dedicate.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

What did you guys think of Nintendo Direct?

Mario £{?{>~*~ tennis!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!
Huyrule warriors
Kirby
Dark souls
Odyssey update

Did you see Kirby has 4 player and the display looks like smash? It caught me off guard and I had to go back.

Not a huge direct but a nice direct that I’m excited for

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

The HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick has gotten excellent reviews.

This one?

868DAAD7-3365-4E42-A9DA-5B230E5AD2CF (resized).jpeg868DAAD7-3365-4E42-A9DA-5B230E5AD2CF (resized).jpeg

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Yes, that’s it. It’s also officially licensed by Nintendo.

Nice! They aren’t selling at ces but it looks huge and nice

#514 6 years ago

I’m gonna put some back spin on your ball

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Has anyone out here tried wwe2k18?

Main issues are slow load times, lots of bugs, frame rate issues and “unplayable” in multiman matches. Blind squirrel mentioned releasing a patch, but until that comes, I would suggest waiting.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That's a sweet set up working for EA....they do well with their sports franchises. Have you heard any rumblings of getting a NHL game ported over to the Switch?? That may be tougher than a soccer game but that'd be fun online and portable. I'd love something pixelated from there 90's era.
Maybe Super Blood Hockey will makes its way over?!

Wasn’t Old Time Hockey supposed to come out on switch?

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I am just now getting back into Zelda. I can't for the life of me figure out why I stopped playing it last year in the middle of the first dungeon...

I played 6 ish hours on wiiu, then got the switch...JUST picking it up on the switch...I also forgot how awesome this game was

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Now I remember, the constant Game Over screen and dungeon reset so I have to run to the top of the beast and move the switches again. The boss fight in there was like it was from Dark Souls or something. Had to leave to try to find some better gear and more hearts.

Ha! Well now you can have dark souls soon! Crush your soul :/

#546 6 years ago

0.o Nintendo just threw some features out of no where!!!! This is so cool!!!!

Man I love that they are doing things out of the normal "console" box.

#550 6 years ago

Rocket league physical is out today!

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I am not telling my kids about this. Can you imagine the amount of cardboard switch thingys all over the house? And how many times you'd say "the dog ate my labo"

Haha yeah. My dog sometimes chews cardboard but I know he would chew these as I love them

1 week later
#554 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Finally beat Mario + rabbits. What a great game! Anyone who is on the fence about buying it. DONT BE. Now back to Zelda, just beat my first divine beast dungon!

It is a GREAT game! fun and easy to pickup and play.

I started zelda on wiiu 6-8 hours...but have moved to the switch. bought zelda and haven't touched it until early this Jan on a plane...freaking forgot how GREAT this game is. I have to crush through all the stuff I've already done but oh man it is so full of things to do and explore. Reminds me of the feeling when playing GTA3 for the first time.

#561 6 years ago

Well all the switch/nintendo haters can suck it. Nintendo's latest financials came out and this thing is selling like crazy. Over a million units sold over wiiu's entire life. Splatoon 2 has already sold as many as wiiu splatoon. On and on, it is a great hit. THe zelda numbers were lower than I thought but I think this proves the switch is here to stay and be a great console for them.

Now for Bayo 1 and 2 soon

2 weeks later
#570 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Finally pulled the trigger today and went and bought a Switch and Mario Odyssey! I’m on my way Peach!

Nice! You’ll love it

I grabbed Rocket league last week....forgot bayonetta came out the other day man, I can’t keep up!

I have started Zelda and am crushing through that when I get time. Such a good game, but those a hole guadians are mean.

1 week later
#572 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

My brother was debating buying one. I said “get it, the guys on Pinside like it, and they are pinball guys so they know good shit.”
He bought it last night. Most fun I’ve had playing a console since I was 11 and Nintendo 64 came out. Good call guys!

yay! what game(s) did he get?

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. Glad he lives across the street from me. I’ll pry grab a couple games this week. Suggestions?

depends if you want coop/multiplayer or single.

mario +rabbids kingdom battle
overcooked
splatoon 2
Doom
Bayonetta 1/2
rocket league
splunker

sooooo many more good games.

Man I have a stack of games at home and haven't played most...but know they are good.

Kirby comes out in March and mario tennis is rumored for june!

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

We still play heated games of Mario Tennis on N64, so we were pumped when we saw the Mario Tennis clips for Switch earlier this week.

I totoally forgot, If you like fighting games, ARMS, is freaking great!

#581 6 years ago

Yeah...... I’ve bought way too many. 1-2 switch is a fun party game if you get it cheap. Like $20 or less?

1 week later
#586 6 years ago

Nintendo direct

I don’t want to spoil it but good news!

#591 6 years ago

Splatfest this weekend!!! Go team egg!

2 weeks later
#601 6 years ago

Pro to buying physical is amazon and B.B. offer 20% off. The con is that eshop purchases get more gold coins vs physical games. If you are into those “perks” of 100 gold coins == $1 off eshop.

#605 6 years ago

Most likely, the VC will come with the online package. They had talked about having VC titles when you paid for the yearly online.

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

So if you have to pay for online access, do you then also have to pay for the games?

Which games?

Ok so it is similar to Xbox and ps. You pay a online fee to get online playing. You buy a game, like splatoon 2 or smash and can play online.

The “free/included” games are these, classic games with online functionality added. Here it is from Nintendo

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

1 week later
#613 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

New Adventure Pals game looks fun. Anyone try it yet? It has co-op, so I think my 7year old will love it too.

Did you try Kirby yet with your son? Free demo on eshop!

#619 6 years ago

Just got bayo 1/2!!!

#621 6 years ago

Waiting for a steal A deal on the bayo 1/2 set.

Should be soon I would think. I do the Best Buy rewards thing so 20% off is an ok deal off physical

#623 6 years ago

Just played Totan on switch TPA. Almost unplayable. I have it in docked mode, flipper lag is horrible, bad lag when ball is on the ramps. They better have some patches to smooth this up.

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s probably your TV. Make sure you’re in a “fast” or “game” mode. Turn off smooth-o-vision or any other post-processing and you’ll see that lag minimized. Plays fine on mine docked.

Ha! You reminded me of that. I’ll have to check that vs handheld, I did think it was odd as the stern one is fine... but when the ball returns on the clear ramps, ugh it’s laggy :/

3 weeks later
#629 5 years ago

Such a good game only better now as funky kong will be a good player for your SO or child to use.

I need to snag Kirby and DK still.

#633 5 years ago

Hahah you hijack a shipping box

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

What kind of home Wi-Fi are you running? The switch has support for all the major versions: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. Why doesn't yours work?

I was going to say the same. If your xbox or ps4 can go online, the switch should have no issue, unless it is too far from the router.

Quoted from taylor34:

I haven't picked up GoW yet but want to, it sounds pretty good. The problem I have currently with the Switch is that other than portability, it doesn't offer anything else for me. I own Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, Splatoon 2, etc but the online is awful compared to the Xbox plus it's missing all the best online games (Overwatch, Fortnite, Pubg, etc). So the key feature would be playing online outside of your house but it doesn't have the games I'd want to play. Nintendo's network doesn't even work with my home internet from AT&T, I have to play off a mobile hotspot, super annoying.
And like Rare Hero mentioned, if you like story, don't buy first party Nintendo games, stick to 3rd party games or other consoles. The first party games are all action and no fluff. Most of the time I like story except for a few cases like Far Cry 5 (but I could skip it all anyways, so it was like it had no story).

Nintendo is almost like blizzard, their story comes from outside the game. Japan has more access, but ARMS has a comic coming out to tell the background. Splatoon's story is all in single player, etc. So it really depends on the game and what and how you want it fed to you.

#677 5 years ago

After playing CoD on Xbox for years and socom on ps2, I’m glad Nintendo doesn’t have chat, my god would kids be yelling about my mom and other nasty things on splatoon.

#679 5 years ago

Nintendo still is holding onto the way they make you play the game the way THEY want you to. They force the experience they envision, onto you, which does NOT sit well with westerners but in Japan they are so deep in some chat app they are totally good with the way it functions. It is a large disconnect with japan vs US mind set in those old people that run nintendo

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Dug into DKC Freeze last night, really digging it but the second boss is kicking my ass, anyone have any tips?

That owl jackass?

I remember the phase 3 sucking

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I never played a Wii U at all, and although I bought a new xbox I haven't played it but maybe 5 times in two years, switch has sucked me back into games a bit largely due to its portability.

I'm in the same boat as you, but my wiiu got me into gaming again even with a x1. The switch only makes it better! with wiiu I could play on the couch while the main tv was used by family (for most games). With the switch, I can play where ever. I also like the nintendo based games seem to be able to be played in short bursts or with sleeping the console "paused" until youre ready again

#715 5 years ago

just snagged DKTF at bb today should be a good couch coop

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't use Amazon anymore.
Almost all of the Toys/Games we purchase are through Target and Walmart and there is never an issue. The Walmart orders arrive in 2 business days without spending the money on the silly Prime membership.

Or B.B. gamer rewards. I always go into the store and buy but my friend has his shipped to him. I can ask how they package it

#734 5 years ago

I played DKTF this morning. My gosh, I forgot how hard the game is. Great platformer and it still looks gorgeous

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why is $60 insane for a great game staring one of Nintendo's most iconic characters? Maybe it'd be cheaper if people weren't bootlegging it *cough cough cough*
In any case, it's already sold better than the Wii U version in its first week and is #1 on the eShop. People are buying it at $60.

$52 with gamer rewards (20% off)

I’ve doubled dipped with wiiu and switch. Totally great if you like completing 100%

#745 5 years ago

I forgot how brutal DK is. The first boss is a pita

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

South Park: Fractured But Whole is on sale at Amazon if anyone was looking to pick that title up.

There is a couple game crippling bugs on the switch so I would caution to keep checking for updates if you wait or buy now

#751 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Doh......thanks for the heads ups, already ordered, but at least its through Amazon so easy return policy.

Well if they patch the game, no worries!

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I went and read up a bit, sounded like an issue with auto save, they recommend manually saving for now and they are working on a patch so doesn't seem too terrible. May leave it unopened for a bit as I continue working through Donkey Kong anyway.

One bug can wipe all saves out, even if you use multiple..... I mean this game is broke :/

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Got my switch right at the beginning of march and just haven had much time to devote to it. I just finally finished Breath of the Wild. What an amazing little game. I spent most of the time exploring and the only strategy I read up on was how to farm arrows because I always seemed to be out. it could have been a little more challenging. I stumbled into the final boss and defeated it easily. I have to go back and find the last handful of memories though, because I hear there's an alternate ending when you get them all. Going to get to some other titles right now and circle back later. I started Wonder Boy and it's pretty cool so far. Though I don't think it's going to take more than a couple hours to go through. In the first sitting, I went through half the different forms or curses.

I just got wonder boy a few weeks ago....my god is that hard. No checkpoints so starting over at the beginning suckkkssss

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I haven't died yet. Do you lose all your progress if you do?

No, you just go back to town and have to start section again.

I guess what is also annoying is after you beat a "section" you have to work back to the town...ugh, it is a great throw back with NOTHING updated but graphics and sound. Checkpoints.....ugh would of been nice for an easy mode.

#764 5 years ago

GREAT news!!

Oh tommy, dude I got to that A hole owl in DKTF....I know remember how @#$@#$ hard that bastard is.

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I'm backlogged like a mofo....and I keep playing Splatoon 2 for hours and hours....and Hyrule Warriors comes out tomorrow lol. I've played thru my Switch games WAAAAAY more than I have for the last few generations though, that's for sure.

I think we need to have a pinside splatoon fest!!!

Also we should suggest arcade game vs pinball as a splatfest

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

BoTW and Odyssey are GREAT games.
But THE BINDING OF ISAAC: AFTERBIRTH+ is right up there with the absolute best of them!

omg I can't even get to like level 4 and I bought it at launch

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hate that game. If you wanna try a really fantastic retro styled dungeon shooter, try Enter the Gungeon.

I just want a new Gauntlet that doesn't suck

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You guys are going to convince me to buy Splatoon 2, and I didn't even play the first one. Overwatch 2nd anniversary starts on tuesday..don't do this to me!

The second one fixes issues and is a better game, the only part you miss is the single player story

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All the 12 year olds playing would be like “what’s an arcade?” “What’s pinball?” Lol.
Hey, here’s my friend code again if anyone wants to add me! Donnie vs. Raph Splatfest starts tonite!!!

I’ll add you! I didn’t get a chance to splatoon this weekend but I did get quick plays of DK. Finally beat the 3 monkey boss... man this game is gorgeous and fun but hard af. Like lightning flippers on FT

#780 5 years ago

They are adding single player content as DLC in the fall I think.....my son got Splatoon 2 for his bday last November but he's too young to understand it (he's 5). I've been thinking of trying it out tho I'm not good at FPS's where I get destroyed but little kids online haha.
I picked up Super Burger Time and Wonder boy was on sale on the store for $10....worth it!!
I have been digging into Xenoblade but it's requires time and a lot of story so far.....the monsters and fighting system are solid so far tho.

Oh, I mean if he hasn’t played splatoon 1, he is only missing out on the story from that by playing 2.

Ya the octoling story comes this year

Edit:

Mmm yeah may be a tad young for online, but story mode he can mess around. Great games would be Kirby, 1-2 switch and my friend says sonic forces. His 3yr old plays those and gets around good

#794 5 years ago

This stupid blow fish can go to donkey Kong hell

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't decided if I like it or not. I like the fan-service and all the Zelda-isness about it....but I find it VERY confusing to know what I should be paying attention to when there's so much going on on-screen & constant messages & all the shit on the map. The action also has this sort of hollow/too-fast/spazzy feel of series I do not like such as Ninja Gaiden & Devil May Cry. I'm gonna keep with it though, see if it clicks. If not, I have a buttload of games to play still!

It literally is just dynasty warriors, if you have ever played that. Hack and slash in giant battles. Really great if you love repeative hack and slash games. Which I do

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Best buy is ending the gamers club

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/5/22/17379246/best-buy-ending-gamers-club-unlocked-program

Friggin lame. I have 2 yrs left as I just renewed so unless they release a new one, I’ll have to go through amazon :/ I just liked being able to wait until after the game shipped and reviews etc were out

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Be happy you just renewed. Mine expires next week.

I suppose you could see if they’ll let you re up

#824 5 years ago

Tsskinne and anyone else with South Park. A patch JUST dropped! I hear it fixes a lot of issues

#831 5 years ago

What in the actual F is this. Maybe a bad translation? “Most entertaining” “perfect reproduction” whaaaatttttt

Jurassic Pinball

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jurassic-pinball-switch

The most entertaining Pinball is back!

Enjoy Jurassic Pinball, a perfect reproduction of a real pinball machine, with all the graphic details and sounds.

Discover all the secrets, complete all the missions and become number 1 in the world or the best among your Friends, posting your high score on the online leaderboard.

Arcade design.
Set in the Jurassic age.
Multiball, Extraball, Skillshot, Jackpots...
Reproduction with all the details, lights and sounds.
4 different cameras to choose from.
Online Leaderboard.

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just picked up a Wii U on Craigslist after a decade or two out of the Nintendo fold. Can't wait any longer to play Mario Kart with my boys, there's really just nothing quite like it on Xbox or Playstation. My only real complaint is the insane mishmash of controllers, none of which seem to work with more than 60% of the games. On the plus side people have been writing homebrew software and mods for this thing for five years, so I'm having lots of fun messing around with it already.

Wiiu has so many great games and now they are all cheap! Awesome grab! Get a few official pro controllers. They are the bomb dot com and last for freaking ever before a recharge

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I can’t beat level 6 boss on DK freeze. Want to smash the whole thing.

Which one is that? I’m about there I bet....

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Beta it! No powerups but finally roughed it out. Didn’t realize that was the end of he game. Helps explain the difficulty.

Are you going to go back and unlock all the levels or 100% it?

1 week later
#908 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't have a PC. Doesn't matter what the specs are. It's just the way emulation works. There will be lag. Maybe you don't perceive it...but it's there. If you enjoy it, continue.

Yes, there is. Just look at the nes classic. Powerful hardware, enough to emulate GameCube and nes games still had some lag if compared to original. It isn’t a deal breaker but it really depends on what you are looking for or doing.

Enough with emulation. this is a switch thread

#910 5 years ago

Did anyone try Pokémon Quest on switch yet? It comes to mobile end of the month, but yeah, very mobilish but someone amusing to play

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pokémon is where I draw the line. lol.
Nah. Will not bother.

You didn’t pre order Pokémon go picachu?! :-p

Did everyone play MARIO tennis this last weekend? Jesus online I feel like I’m playing Starcraft against Korea. However I can see single player or local multi being super fun

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

More
I was really wishing simple mode would have been active during the demo. I got destroyed.
Preordering gets you an extra 300 gold points on the eshop. I just want to play against friends, and check out the single player.

Yes! I kept clicking and it was a no go.

After single player I bet we will be better at the power stuff but man online will still be brutal

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I played it at E3 yesterday! I tried the Inkling and got destroyed....so on round 2 I switched to the only character I really kinda sorta know how to use: Pac-Man!!! I killed!!!!
Also got some Nintendo schwaaaag!

Nice!!! Did the game feel like wiiu smash?

I miss going to E3, lots of fun

#957 5 years ago

play salmon run if it is open super fun

#965 5 years ago

Good concept as a handful of games work well in that screen mode however I’m never “crowd funding” anything anymore; even if it gets out it could be the biggiest pos.

1 week later
#971 5 years ago

Crash bandicoot tomorrow! Gonna scoop that up

Oh and for Father’s Day I got a dock to play and charge at the same time

B04C8E4B-1D08-4482-AD46-0DA6A88F3731 (resized).jpegB04C8E4B-1D08-4482-AD46-0DA6A88F3731 (resized).jpeg
#974 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh I think I got a similar stand, but black...it's great for games with a TATE/Vertical mode!

Man I haven’t gone into the eshop in a while. DK looks good

#981 5 years ago

Did anybody buy the switch physical copy of Blazblue CTB? I can’t figure out how to DL the newer characters being released up until this point and I got the game on day 1.

Did you get it new sealed? Mmm my RL has DL codes on paper inserts for the expanded cars.

#983 5 years ago

I did. It only came with a mini music CD.

Interesting. I only ask as GameStop will open games but still sell them as new, so they could of not put the dlc card in.

So how do you know you don’t have the characters? I am just asking as I have not played B.B. since ps3. Maybe they are unlockables or maybe they are dlc, and there is a dlc option in the game settings while in game.

#987 5 years ago

I purchased my copy from amazon...they are releasing new character packs each month and they have already released 1 pack plus 1 pack was free DLC with the game. It was supposed to be included with the software update...checked and mine is up to date but none of the characters I should have received are there as I checked. I gotta call them me thinks.

Oh man this game has some dlc drama around it

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7q4jr2/do_not_buy_blazblue_cross_tag_battle_half_of_the/

#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I'm thinking about getting a Pro controller. Is it worth the price tag?

Quoted from Kronlar:

Pro controller is excellent if you ever play it in docked mode.

Yup, pro controller is the only way to play, if you can!

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone wants my Crash Bandicoot for $30, PM me! Dogs not included.

You didn’t like it?

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I finally got a Pro controller and everyone was right - this thing rocks! Now I want another

Ya, the joycons in a hand held unit can’t even compare. The pro controller is the way to play.

#1036 5 years ago

If you like puzzle games at all, get the demo for toad treasure tracker and try but I’m getting it. I played it on wiiu and loved it

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Friend code is SW-5177-4301-7526
Hit me up!!

I sent you one

1 week later
#1093 5 years ago

Paladins is now FREE on switch!!!

1 week later
#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I'm a bit late to the party but there is an official Nintendo wired controller that is about a third of the price. It doesn't have motion control though.

Negative. Only the pro controller. There are licensed wires controllers though.

BUT spawnwave didna review of this eee knock off pro controller and liked it for the price. My friend Ordo also got one and said it was good for the price. It literally is a knocked off xbox1 controller.

EEEKit Wireless Pro Gaming Controller Gamepad Joypad Remote for Nintendo Switch Console https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PRCXNZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_x4dzBb80FAE34

#1114 5 years ago

I charge my switch on the road with a samsung wall wart. But usb c cable. specs : 5v 1a output, i think i've used the iphone one as well.

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of....but maybe some companies out there would include a sensor like the Cabelas games (not a fan of the sneak n shoot games) or a sensor will be made by a 3rd party since the motion controls are so spot on with the Switch.

There was a Dev that proved the joycon could do a "light gun" style game with zero additional hardware, but you'd want a back to home button to recenter your joycon if it got funky. There was a video somewhere.....

#1119 5 years ago

Today!

3D262706-43C4-4907-AF0C-25BFBA54A563 (resized).jpeg3D262706-43C4-4907-AF0C-25BFBA54A563 (resized).jpeg
#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone wants my Crash Bandicoot for $30, PM me! Dogs not included.
[quoted image]

Thank you again! I made it far into crash 1 but holy moly is that hard. I started crash 2 and it has a really good balance of gameplay. Loving the game

1 week later
#1144 5 years ago

Diablo 3 almost conformed?! This year? Ugh I just fired Starcraft 2 back up on pc,...I’m back in blizzard Diablo/wc/sc love

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

SC2 is as good as it has ever been. I love the Co-op commander modes a lot. Blizzard is my favorite game company by far and I don't even play WoW

I really hope a war craft comes out or wc2 is remastered

I hope d3 sells like bonkers to prove blizzard should bring more games to switch!

Could you imagine a new lost Vikings game???

#1165 5 years ago

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

SC2 is free to play now. I think the entire Wings of Liberty campaign is free. If you of you haven't played it you should.

Non hd sc1 is free and Terran sc2 online/campaign ya! My coworkers all got the free sc2, and we play on lunch break.

I never played diablo 3 on console, I hope it isn’t to hard to control?

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

it takes some getting used to but works well enough.

Great! Three of us at my office are planning to get it, so we should have some fun I love the 4 player on 1 console or 4 local lan. So awesome.

#1209 5 years ago

anyone try the monster hunter demo? I remember playing MH on wii and really liking it. But after playing this demo, maybe I forgot...but it plays really clunky and meh.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I've always wanted to be an MH fan, and as hard as I've tried I never got it. It's the feeling of combat that never made it for me, like the only result from hitting is a number showing up on the screen.

I have a hardcore friend who would always bug me to play, so I did on Wii. But I agree. I think I’m more of a diablo person.....

#1223 5 years ago

Get ready to build an arcade!

Nyko Pixelquest Acrade Kit - Nintendo Switch

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DP1J3K9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_UthIBb4BQS17M

14DFA2AE-4CE3-49B0-802A-A9E5A04BB0FA (resized).png14DFA2AE-4CE3-49B0-802A-A9E5A04BB0FA (resized).png
1 week later
#1252 5 years ago

I think I kick stared the wiiu for $20? And they moved it to digital switch for me.

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i know they did a coupon towards the collectors edition for switch for kick starter backers

Ah maybe I remember that in my email.

I recommend the game if you remember playing Banjo, but everyone should know, it plays like the old game so there are clunky things.....

#1266 5 years ago

Mmmm my Japanese account just got an email about that I assume. I should verify my account before this happens....

Where’s diablo 3?!

#1275 5 years ago

Holy shit the games

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does the switch have any retro games or is Nintendo leaving those for the NES and SNES classics? I’d love to play Earthbound after watching the Angey Video Game Nerd’s review. It’s a SNES game I missed...

They have neo geo classics now, and they’ll have nes when the online service starts

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Looks like a new Mario Kart is coming out? Lots of buzz on Twitter. Can't wait to play as my favorite character Toad![quoted image]

No, MK8Deluxe is fairly new and still popular. The reason for the twitter buzz is the stormy/trump thing. She mentioned the character and now it is a buzz.

2 weeks later
#1433 5 years ago

WTF I didn't know BBH was coming...sweet! I miss my arcade

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/big-buck-hunter-arcade-switch

YT

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am interested in this game as well but i just wonder how good it is going to play with a controller? Also it appears that there is no online multiplayer. That sucks because this would be a really good online game to play with your friends.

I’m not sure if they’ll be using gyro controllers or touch screen. However I love Bhh and miss my bbh world. I sold it to plan on getting a bbh hd. This is based on the new hd but cuts most the game out :/ maybe they’ll release dlc. The big excitement for me is, if this get pulled off good, all the rail shooters like RE, house of the dead. Oh man!!! So excited!

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If Splatoon is the best game ever made then i quit gaming forever lol. I mean you try and paint a bigger area than the opposing team with your gun. Im just not finding that fun for some reason and then when you start the game up you have to sit and watch all those cut scenes. Is it possible to skip thru that crap?? If its not that alone will keep me from playing it.

Splatoon is an AMAZING game, hampered by Nintendo’s oddness. You can’t skip the beginning ( splat1 was less annoying, I assume I enjoyed the characters more than these two), you can’t skip Sheldon just make him talk faster. The online friend talk and play is absolutely odd and hard to figure out. If you can get over a few things and just enjoy it, the multiple modes (not just turf war) make this game really fun. I finally booted the game back up last night and put a few hours into salmon run with a friend we did Xbox live chat (him via Xbox, my from my phone) and played salmon run and turf war.

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey guys, is Mario Tennis a good game to play online with a friend?

MARIO tennis is a great game..... imo with caveats. If you play with the specials enabled it’s hard af. No skill needed, just power hits over and over. If you just play against a friend it would probably be super fun. Very technical game if you want it to be and easy for new/young players too

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was doing some reading on it and someone was saying the best way to play is with what they call simple rules. I think that means no power ups, just regular tennis?

From my understand, yes

#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, it's always something...the Zen B/W games are censored for some reason. These games were in public arcades...now they have to be censored in digital form? Why!?!?
They play pretty great, but how annoying.
[quoted image]

What did they censor? I don’t remember anything crazy....

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

First one was originally a Gamecube game. It was just remastered and released on 3DS.
Second one (Dark Moon) was released on 3DS a couple years ago.
Third one will be released on Switch next year.
I hope they release a collection of 1 and 2 on Switch at some point, but I am not holding my breath.

Yes! I never beat the gcn one, but would love them to bring them all to the switch

#1523 5 years ago

Anyone play Kirby Star Allies yet?
i'm on the final boss on Octopath after beating all chapter 4's so i can start thinking about future gaming haha

Great game! There is a demo on the eshop. It “seems” easy but it’s about replay and unlocking.

Did anyone get Big Buck Hunter Arcade? I want to know what controls are available before buying

1 week later
#1538 5 years ago

I’m so disappointed, BBH arcade has NO gyro/motion controls. Only via the joystick I was so excited for this, and now it’s a no buy, unless they patch it. I sent the publisher a letter but I bet nothing will happen. Cabelas is supposed to have a motion control hunting game coming

1 week later
#1552 5 years ago

Grabbed one for a coworker!

F639C6A0-E4F0-4249-AB6A-7493B21FFD1C (resized).jpegF639C6A0-E4F0-4249-AB6A-7493B21FFD1C (resized).jpeg
#1554 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I have it on my PS4 and love it.

I've only played it on release on PC, it handles very well on console!

1 week later
#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

yup, it has been a good time. It is my first time playing Diablo III on a console and I am seriously impressed with how well the controls translate from a mouse and keyboard game.

Yes! I haven’t played D3 since launch and was really skeptical. The joycon joystick is a little funky but I usually use the pro controller and it works great.

Three of us at work got it so we play at lunch sometimes

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Still looking to pick up 3 switches for Xmas. It appears that $299 for a bundle is the cheapest. Everyone agree?

299 with a game bundled? Yup!

#1574 5 years ago

Anyone playing Dark Souls? I made the mistake of asking for it for Christmas...

mistake? because you have to wait?.....wait to die hahahaha. what a hard game. Great game though.

Anyone excited for Pokemon tomorrow?!

#1581 5 years ago

My friend just let me see his War Frame game in handheld.... 0.0 that game is gorgeous.

#1587 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

FYI, Wal-Mart has a pricing error right now. They are selling Diablo 3 for $17 and Doom for $12. It's supposed to be the PS4 prices but they messed up. I saw this on Reddit, rushed down and was able to snag them both at those prices. If you're looking for either, beat the rush or the fix and get them!

Both good games at stupid awesome prices!!!!

1 week later
#1637 5 years ago

If you like the road rash series, road redemption released earlier this month. I missed it! Been looking forward to this game since announcement on PC a while ago. Not sure if it’s good but I wanna say reviews said it was a great spiritual successor to road rash.

#1646 5 years ago

I love physical, but I got snake pass on kickstarter for wiiu....then switch so buying it again physical won't happen, and I'm stuck on a level where moving the snack is a pita! but i liked the game. shoot I still need to play yookalyee.

#1652 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone in this thread down for some Unreal Tournament action?

Unreal tourney was amazing. Ma ma ma monster kill!!!!!

#1663 5 years ago

it will be interesting to see what the impact of the new "5G" network everyone is trying to roll out will be on speeds and rates.
I remember when 4G LTE came out, L T E meaning Long Term Evolution, and here we are with 5G being the thing lol. It is crazy how many towers are on practically every street corner now and real low to the ground in compassion to other cell towers.

man and where I live, I still don't have consistent voice coverage :/

#1672 5 years ago

Sega Genesis Classics come out Friday!!!

179658b1 (resized).jpg179658b1 (resized).jpg
#1695 5 years ago

Smash is a interesting fighter. It’s only a few buttons, unlike most with 4 (kick, high kick etc), however it still has the techniques and technical play to make people watch moves per frame aka competition.

We play the wiiu one at work for fun, I die a lot via falling off the level but it still is fun.

Marvel alliance 3 announced just on switch!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/nintendo-and-marvel-unite-for-nintendo-switch-exclusive-marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-the-black-order

#1700 5 years ago

I bought yokus island express as it was on sale. Wow, this game is a unique fun puzzle pinball platform game! I’ve been trying to play as much as I can between house work etc. you go on one mission and boom you’re doing 50 other side things and exploring. Some of the path travel is confusing but once you get a feel for the layout it seems to be better.

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

This is the problem I have, I pick it up for a game, wander around lost and put it down not having got anywhere. It sounds like that can be overcome though.

Yaaaaa you really need to use the map and explore. I mean I was about to start writing peoples names down and where they were because it got pretty confusing, like delivering the lost mail, idk who those people are. He’ll even finding the 3 main chiefs I had no idea.

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I just started playing Tropical Freeze on the Wii U after having it on the shelf for probably a year or so. Af first I wondered why everyone is saying it's a hard game, then I played a few more levels!

I never beat it on wiiu, so I got it for switch. Was trying to collect all items and that lasted a couple levels. Now I’m just trying to beat the damn game. I think I’m on the last island but jeez it’s hard

#1723 5 years ago

SO MANY NERD ORNAMENTS!!! Firefly, star wars, HP, DK arcade unit...

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They will get it figured out soon i bet. Even Playstation and XBOX has trouble sometimes still when games first launch. They arent going to let Smash Brothers fail as big of a game as it is.

Ya weren’t they even updating wiiu’s smash online through out its life?

#1735 5 years ago

weren't people just complaining about limited run games?

#1789 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure why someone would give you a downvote for this...buuuut anyway, Monster Boy is an awesome all new Wonder Boy in Monsterland sequel. I'm about 5 hrs into it, just totally gorgeous and fun with excellent music.

Is it as freaking hard as wonder boy?

#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s challenging, but it has reasonable checkpoints &amp; a Super Metroid type map.

That’s what annoys me the most with wonder boy, lack of checkpoints, mmmmm

4 weeks later
#1906 5 years ago

Anyone else get retro city rampage? I snagged it while it was I think on sale recently for my flight. It reminds me of gta 1/2, but has a structured story or free play. However the controls are meeeh? Maybe I need to tweak them.

The throw back references are pretty good though

#1909 5 years ago

Yeah it's pretty fun, I sold my physical copy like a week ago on eBay tho .
Looking forward to the next game from vblank , Hawaii shakedown

Hawaii shakedown looks like a nice upgrade and better than retro city. I’m excited for it but man did it get delayed.

#1911 5 years ago

My little one is starting out in a good direction

E400C519-0CDA-4BE3-9D12-F8C2864D0F03 (resized).jpegE400C519-0CDA-4BE3-9D12-F8C2864D0F03 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1949 5 years ago

If I was only good at Tetris :-p love to play but man I suck so bad

1 month later
#2031 5 years ago

So I’m a huge arcade racer, I haven’t turned my switch on since January. Are there any games like Excite Truck, or hydro thunder?

I have riptide renegade, and that’s ok, but looking for more. So much so, I got my excite truck back out on my wiiu

#2033 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fast RMX is great if you like F-Zero future style hover racing.
Mario Kart, of course.

Ya!! MK was a day 1 and I have fast rmx on wiiu, very wipeout like, but harder then hell

I’m looking at mantis burn racing as just a fun one. I really need Monster games to bring an excite truck or their excite bike to the switch....so fun

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Mantis burn was a fun one. Reminded me of the old RC Pro Am on NES or ivan stewart off-road with better graphics.

ok cool. I'll get this game then.

1 week later
#2060 5 years ago

hyper crazy ninja gaiden! looks cool

1 month later
2 months later
#2333 4 years ago

Anyone trade their original switch to GS for the new longer battery one? My friend did....he said its double the battery life. The ONLY thing I can see for not doing it, is if you want to run the homebrew.

#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I play mine 90% docked so it isn’t worth it to me.

The only time it "ran out" on me was my trip to Korea. Otherwise I can usually plug it in etc.

3 weeks later
#2389 4 years ago

I just played Links awakening for a few hours last night. Didn’t have unplayable frame rate issue, only time I really noticed it (handheld) was with the lake/swamp and the moving water. Loving the game!!! I never played the original so this is awesome

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Anybody download Fuze yet? It's a program that lets you make games with a modern BASIC programming language.
I'm pretty impressed with it so far. It has tons of built in sprites and audio you can use, as well as the ability to create your own. You can share you programs with your friends online.

No, how is it? Have you tried?

#2414 4 years ago

I have to beat links awakening soon, because LM3 is going to rock my socks off!!! I have a 3ds at work and was thinking of getting the 3ds version so I could try it. I started the GCN version on my wii/wiiu and it was cool, but with the new engine, they could doo sooooo much more.

#2426 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The 3DS was such a great system, it kills me they never released an Advance Wars on it. I thought the Luigi Mansion franchise was a perfect match for the system and playing handheld, I liked it more on the 3DS than Gamecube. It never felt like a full console release, I guess going room to room was like the original game boy.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon on 3DS is awesome, and the 3D effect is incredible and adds to the haunted house &amp; ghost atmosphere. I’m kinda bummed the new one won’t be in 3D...but it’s still going to be awesome.

Did the rename of Luigi’s mansion get out in 3d? Or was it just dark moon?

#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Oh, and congrats on your first kid! There is nothing better/more satisfying in this world than being a father.

I’m at terrible twos....not a fan

#2460 4 years ago

On the last dungeon of links awakening. Jfc idk how you’d beat this without a guide of sorts. Awesome game

1 week later
#2479 4 years ago

While it was full price, it took me over 10hrs to beat, sooo the price vs time/enjoyment was a good value imo. However id you think it is over priced, wait until it is used or play the original on nes classic app on switch.

Well I think I’ll snag the ghostbusters remaster for switch to play before Luigi! I have a few plane flights coming up as well so it will be something fun

#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Unfortunately you can't asses the value until you've played it which usually means you've already bought it. I don't mind paying any price for things that are "worth it" to me (obviously with thousands of dollars worth of pins). I just usually look for about 20-40 hours worth of play for a game at $60. At least if it was a hell of an amazing 10 hours. In the end it was pretty fun and a nice scratch of the Zelda itch just not my full $53 worth. I might sell it as I'm not sure I'll keep it for any replay factor and I don't usually sell any of my games.

I mean you can google reviews before buying..it was a remaster from gameboy so you kind of knew what you were getting....

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Reviews I read were glowing, not that I really give much stock to reviews unless it's a landslide one direction or another. Either way $60 isn't going to break anyone here but everyone is entitled to feel whether it was money well spent or not and for me, I just didn't get my monies worth.
I didn't mention it but it's frighteningly drastic a difference if you are to compare BOTW to LA for the same price. That's my Nintendo to Nintendo, even Zelda to Zelda bang for my buck comparison.
Now to decide the next game to sink my teeth into... that is as soon as we finish binging Downton Abbey

I don't disagree the game wasn't worth $60, but I knew going into it after reading and listening to a friend that bought it and knew I was kind of over paying. HOWEVER I never played the original so it was all new to me. I put BOTW back into my switch after I beat it and THAT game feels well worth over 60.

#2488 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nintendo games hold their value, so if you buy physical &amp; wanna get rid of it after finishing, you end up not paying too much for the experience.

ya, you can resell them for good money. Unlike sports or call of duties

1 week later
#2538 4 years ago

I picked up GB remaster for my plane trip to Florida this week. Played a couple levels on x360 so this should be fun to beat before LM3

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The game is ok but not great. I had never played it so I was excited but it’s kind of meh. It’s too much paint by numbers, everything is too scripted. Sometimes that is fine but in 2019 it feels like you’re on rails.

Quoted from Rarehero:

That's what I didn't like about it when I played the demo way back when it originally came out. Also the characters didn't sound like they were in the environment or part of the action....felt very "read off the page".

Yeah I played the first level to get the update and make sure. It for sure felt aged. Looking for lame fun, and I love GB, probably be okay and at $30? Not a bad deal

1 week later
#2568 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I am officially in the market for a WiiU now.

Great console. I see many on fb market for cheap

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How come nobody is talking about Luigi's Mansion? That game looks pretty sweet!

I've been playing little bits here and there. It starts slow, but thats how they get you into the story and game play/controls. I really enjoy it! if you liked the gamecube one, you'll enjoy this. As the IGN review said, it is the best ghostbusters game ever made.....coop is the icing on the cake

#2575 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have never played a Luigi's Mansion game but I'm considering picking this one up.

I haven’t played a full game of any of them, but when I got my GameCube controllers on my wii I got it for GCN and played about 30-60 min of it. Fun game, good puzzles, hard sometimes but really feels like a ghost busting game. If you like ghostbusters or any MARIO/puzzle game, you’ll enjoy it

Edit: wiiu sorry.

#2576 4 years ago

I bet someone posted this already but here is a trailer for flipper/pinball mechanic

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

It is great. Having a great time with it. About 6 hours in and like it more than the Mario game.

did you enjoy chasing that stupid cat? I only have a few issues with the game, but they are pretty small for how great the game is.

some puzzle/chasing is almost too hard, the low life noise is annoying.

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I'm confused about the purpose of this game....

Fix games, make a living, get cash.... hahha idk. Seems like an odd indie game but sometimes these random ones do well, like the goose one. We will see when it comes out, I'll watch some reviews, but I should probably spend time fixing my real games, than fixing virtual games....

#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks rare. I didn't realize the joycons were individual (2 separate) controllers. I was thinking they were like the Wii nunchuk controls. Thanks. This is exactly what I was thinking as far as which to get. One other question, do lite systems link up with standard switches if a friend has the opposite system and wants to play multiplayer?

Yes the lite will link for multiplayer.
I think of it like this. The regular should be system 1. If you have kids or spouse that also wants to play, get the lite as the families 2nd system. You can share digital bought games and the 2nd is probably used for more on the go anyway. Otherwise I can't justify the price and feature drop.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I found using the joycons in the combined controller set up to feel awkward. I bought the Nintendo dedicated controllers and feel they are much better.

I love the Nintendo pro controller. But they make dongles to sync your Xbox or ps4 controller to a switch! Otherwise there are some pretty sweet “pro” knock off controllers for $20-30

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Those knockoffs usually ditch HD Rumble, amiibo, motion, etc.

Ya, but if you buy a $20 controller you can’t expect it all? It’s a good way to go if it is controller for spares. I personally would rock Nintendo pros

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah I guess some people don’t care. I like the full feature set. Playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 right now and there’s a cool feature where the controller pulses more when you get close to hidden Boos. How do they let you know where the Boos are on Switch Lite?

Does the switch lite have rumble but not hd rumble?

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I’m gonna snag Aladdin/Lion King for $15, Spyro Trilogy for $25, and Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair for $20!

Oh snaps. Those are good deals. They’re games I want but not bad enough to buy full retail

1 week later
#2641 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GameStop’s got Yooka-Laylee &amp; The Impossible Lair for $10 if you can find one!
Amazon’s got Spyro Trilogy for $25.
I’m in cheap platformer heaven!
[quoted image]

So I have the first yooka laylee, I heard they did some changes to another? Is this that one where they changed controls etc so it played better than a n64 version?

Did you play the first? Curious how the game is

#2643 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This Yooka is totally new and different. It’s a side scrolling platformer like Donkey Kong Country. I haven’t played it yet, but it got great reviews.

Oh wow, I heard they changed it but never realized it was that much!

#2645 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Played a few levels today. Very good, high quality just like DKC. 60fps smooth gameplay. If you can’t find it for $10, it’s gonna be $20 at Target. Still a great price considering it’s a new $40 game.

Found it at a GameStop near work! I’ll swing by tomorrow, good stocking stuffer for myself

#2647 4 years ago

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
$39.99 $25.99 (-35%)
Sale Ends 12/04/19 11:59 PM PT
From nintendo themselves.

I found yooka at GS! snagged the last one for 10 bucks!

#2649 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GameStop’s got Yooka-Laylee &amp; The Impossible Lair for $10 if you can find one!
Amazon’s got Spyro Trilogy for $25.
I’m in cheap platformer heaven!
[quoted image]

So I freaking HATE how GS, opens ALL their new games, and puts the blank case on the shelf. YA THIS ISN'T NEW NOW. Its not NIB, it is opened. jfc. So I went to buy mine and they lost the case. He finally found it but 10 min later. If he was going to offer that game to me at new price with only the cart....heck no. Sooo irritating. leave one on the shelf empty, or hell print the stupid sleeve out for a blank case, and leave the sealed in back...wow easy. ugh...rant over.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The original isn’t crappy. I think the screen on it looks better. A tad more battery life isn’t that big of a deal.

If they were the same cost, I’d take the new one. If the old one was cheaper, then ya maybe. But man I hear the new one has a few more hours of battery which is worth it alone

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My “Black Friday” haul (all online purchases). Should keep me busy for a few years lol[quoted image][quoted image]

I want lion king and spyro, but man I don't have time to play them! where were they on sale?

1 week later
#2724 4 years ago

anyone try Safari Pinball? At $1.50 I figured someone would of
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/safari-pinball-switch/

Mario Odyssey is great! Finding all the secrets is challenging and fun. 100%'ing the levels is challenge, the main game is just medium to hard. Being a cappy expert like Rare said is the hard part but ultra awesome when you can zoom through things fast.

#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I will have to play it some day. Problem is, I just bought a few other games, and already have some games that I've bought but haven't played yet! I'm at various stages of completion of about a half dozen games now and it doesn't seem like it'll let up any time soon. Such awful problems to have...

totally! I stopped buying games until I complete them. Almost done with LM3, then I had yuka laylee picked out for xmas. otherwise I'm just wasting money :/

1 week later
#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I'm in. Just saw this thread. Purchased a Switch on Black Friday and have done nothing but played Zelda BotW since.

How are you liking Zelda? Have you fought any divine beasts?

#2754 4 years ago

Not as much as I thought

3C9748A0-AA2B-4868-B00C-8DC53330D882 (resized).png3C9748A0-AA2B-4868-B00C-8DC53330D882 (resized).png
#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Absolutely loving it. Which is weird because I'm normally a first-person shooter/fighting type gamer, but this one has me hooked.
I've defeated all of the divine beasts and am currently searching for as many shrines as possible. I'm also working to develop the full set of guardian armor from the lab, so I'm re-doing a lot of the "test of strength" trials and then going and fighting guardians for their gears/cores/etc.
Game. Is. Good.

oh man you are working through good! I've beat 1 divine beast and don't think I've killed a guardian yet. I was just shrine hunting for more life/stamina so I could beat a guardian. When I crossed into another territory to try and get the checkpoint/pole, I got lasered hard!

#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Seems like Zelda: Link's Awakening is another great title from looking at everyone's year end play profile. Any other "must have" suggestions?

depends on what you like. Almost all 1st party games are great

New super mario bros
Mario odyssey
Yoshi
Kirby (great for young kids or non gamers as well)
Splatoon 2
ARMS
Luigi Mansion 3
NES collection
SNES collection
zelda botw
zelda links awakening

Diablo 3
witcher 3
Crash team racing
Crash trilogy
Spyro trilogy?
octopath travler
Overcooked 1 and 2

TONS Of indie games

Dang soooo many games.

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

The best divine beast to beat is the Rito one (bird). That will give you an ability to create your own updraft. It allows you to cheat all of the towers (as they are usually blocked/guarded at the base) and unlock the map.
I've found the key to beating guardians is to beat the "test of strength" trials and use their own weapons against them. Normal weapons don't do much damage to them. Also, not sure if you are aware, but you can go back into a trial and do it over and over again. I've been doing that to regain the weapons when they break.

man i just need to get back into playing. Once I beat LM3 i'll go back to botw! I'll have to try the feats of strength> I think I found 1 and just got wrecked so I stopped going until I was a little more beefed up.

#2769 4 years ago

My pinside SS got me the lion king Aladdin game!!!!

989696EE-53ED-4C0E-AC51-AC6843FF79BA (resized).jpeg989696EE-53ED-4C0E-AC51-AC6843FF79BA (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Shakedown Hawaii!!!

Is that game finally out?

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Still loving Zelda: BotW here. I just finished upgrading all of my armor (except the soldier set) to 4 star. I remember when Lynels and mobile Guardians where an absolute "must avoid". Now, I go hunting for them. It's amazing how the more you play, the better you get at the mechanics such as a flurry rush.

I forgot you can get better sets! I need them so I can actually kill them. I’m excited to get back into this game

#2884 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just bought the racing game Horizon Chase Turbo it's fun and easy, was on sale yesterday. Reminds me of beefed up Outrun arcade game.

I think I played the demo and it did seem outrun ish, but wasn't sure how good the full game would be so I passed at the time. How is it?

I played Yooka laylee impossible mission this morning. Man, I forgot how fun a 2d side scroll can be. It is hard ish like a old n64 or nintendo game and has some cool explore/secretes like DKC.

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One thing that was a pleasant surprise is how fun the overworked map is on Yooka 2...There are so many great little puzzles and secrets that are really satisfying to discover.
I’ve got 42 bees to protect me, but the Impossible Lair is still pretty impossible lol.

Okay good. When they offered me to go back to battle the impossible lair I was thinking....mmmm is this game that short? hahah

Quoted from rai:

very fun especially if you like simple games. I haven't got into the upgrade garage but the actual racing is great. I got it on sale at $9.99

Ah cool, if it is still on sale then maybe I'll snag it!

1 week later
#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I like "takedown: Hawaii" are their other games like this?

Their prior game, retro city rampage is “similar”

#2898 4 years ago

Anyone interested in the dark crystal age of resistance tactics game? Looks to be a turn based rpg.

Trailer

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-tactics-switch/

2 weeks later
#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Anybody playing the new dark crystal tactical game? I want to check it out but not finding enough reviews yet. Would like to check out grand guild when that comes out too.

the ign review made it sound pretty bland

really? It looked cool. the Tree House gameplay of it was pretty neat. I think they are trying to cater to a greater audience than hardcore rpg people. The employee I have that is really huge into FE says it looked good and she'd try it.

EDIT: I have not seen any reviews!

1 month later
#2932 4 years ago

ya but how will I get DOOM or animal crossing?

#2937 4 years ago

Oh yea, I ordered this some days ago

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

I bought a switch not long ago and have been loving it. But, I was all excited to play Zelda: BOTW and after an hour of playing I went and listed it on ebay. I hated it.

Why didn't you like it? I had a great time! Just need to get back to it.

Quoted from Gamer85:

Im pretty sure that is going to be released digitally. Isnt that physical copy $65? I could never spend that on that type of game.

It is a digital release, but Limited run games is releasing physicals for consoles. Switch game starts at $35

#2948 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Oh, I must have looked at the classic edition. What is the difference between the two?

Cases the game comes with. One has like a Sega genesis case for all the games

#2958 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Yea sorry, BOTW was a total dud for me. Maybe ill pick it up again down the road if I get bored but imo, thats not Zelda game. Not looking for that kind of grind. From what ive read, it gets better after 10-20 hrs. To me, having to wait that long for a game to be good, isnt a good game.

Are you into the old style zelda style? Which zelda games do you like?

#2959 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think its fair that Nintendo should have done more to hand hold players early on. I loved the way it opened but I totally understand it threw a lot of people off. Then you have the idiots that say it took them 10-20 hours to get past that initial section. I don't think they should have changed it to hold everyone's hand but did something like a add some enemies that force you in the direction you need to go after a certain amount of time. There is a tonne of feedback just like Gamer85 from people that never got far enough to even understand the game. It is such a masterpiece and I never had to grind.

Not sure I agree. I think they could keep it in different games, like Pokemon. Like BOTW is the open world zelda, and they could still make a zelda game that plays old school, just with a different title. Similar to pokemon where the go types are the "easy handhold" and the main line game sword/shield keep the main feel going. I think zelda sold so well because the open world atmosphere. WHich is huge now, gta5, etc.

#2971 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My point had nothing to do with the games style. What I meant by hand hold is just player engagement, every game has to make sure that as many people as possible get far enough to see what your game has to offer. BOTW clearly failed that for a percentage of players, the old school Zeldas have the same problem. Back in the day plenty of people got stumped right at the start of Ocarina and didn't crawl into the hole and find the sword. It's about making sure people get to the first epic moment. Twilight Princess had a bit of a grind at the start as well. Nintendo should have a helper that kicks in for those that get stuck. Back in the day Nintendo could get away with because people just stuck with it, today there are a million options people just walk away and never look back.

but they bought it :-p and sales were huge. What about too many games doing handholding? Part of the experience is to just explore and figure it out on your own, and again, I think botw did it well.

#2983 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Anyone have any recommendations on a game that is similar to BOTW in terms of open world and puzzle dungeons? I'm trying to find something to hold me over until BOTW2. For reference, I'm not a fan of the anime style games. Is Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim close?

witcher 3? I haven't played it, so I don't know if it is full of puzzles, but it has the open world mission stuff, skyrim would be close too

#2984 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

On another note.. Can they please release something similar to Wii Bowling!!??

Sort of.... 1:02m in

#3015 4 years ago

Neighbor and I were talking about racing games on switch.

Anyone try rush rally?
Otherwise thinking grid..or wrc8 when they go on sale

410 posts in this topic match your search for posts by northvibe. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.