q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 89.
#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I didn't think much of Spider-Man or Horizon Zero Dawn, they both seemed average games that I couldn't play more than a couple of hours before losing interest. GTA is is what it is but its not a cinematic adventure or visual masterpiece its just everything under the sink all in one game. Right now I'm playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake and loving it, that kind of experience just can not be found on Switch it is fucking stunning in 4K HDR with a solid 60 FPS and the sound design is at another level as well.
Sorry for the three quotes in a row, didn't mean to hog the thread.

Thankfully there's something for everyone out there. I generally don't like realistic games, and I hate horror games. I like fun, colorful, beautiful music, and weird. I can't get anything like Splatoon, Mario Odyssey, Zelda, ARMS, Labo, Donkey Kong Country, etc on any other console. Nintendo's value is in their IP, style, and hardware concepts...not raw tech. IMO there's zero reason for them to be like the others...if you want mega-high tech skin 'n pores games, there are already multiple options...PC, Xbox, PS. If you want a system that can be played at home or on the go, with cool controller gimmicks & amazing 1st party exclusives (and 3rd party/indie support is pretty decent as well), Nintendo Switch is awesome.

#2302 4 years ago

I’m hoping the Granadia HD collection comes out soon. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t played it when it first came out (as my favorite RPG of all time is the Lunar series) so I’m hoping this as good as everyone says. Already have a Switch, but I might pick up the lite purely for its form factor and because I mostly play in portable mode as it is.

#2303 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thankfully there's something for everyone out there. I generally don't like realistic games, and I hate horror games. I like fun, colorful, beautiful music, and weird. I can't get anything like Splatoon, Mario Odyssey, Zelda, ARMS, Labo, Donkey Kong Country, etc on any other console. Nintendo's value is in their IP, style, and hardware concepts...not raw tech. IMO there's zero reason for them to be like the others...if you want mega-high tech skin 'n pores games, there are already multiple options...PC, Xbox, PS. If you want a system that can be played at home or on the go, with cool controller gimmicks & amazing 1st party exclusives (and 3rd party/indie support is pretty decent as well), Nintendo Switch is awesome.

You are such a fanboy no one is saying Nintendo doesn't do what they do better than anyone else. There is no need to talk shit about everything else. Some asked for some recommendations and people gave them.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I read that it only runs at 30fps...I dunno, kinda turns me off for a side scroller, since all the classics ran at 60fps. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze runs at 60fps. Seems like 3rd party ports always have trouble optimizing frame rate.

You yourself are disappointed with frame rates on Switch and BotW frame rate has serious issues. You never mention BotW has a frame rate in the 20s and can not make 1080p. You telling me you don't want this

#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You are such a fanboy no one is saying Nintendo doesn't do what they do better than anyone else. There is no need to talk shit about everything else. Some asked for some recommendations and people gave them.

You yourself are disappointed with frame rates on Switch and BotW frame rate has serious issues. You never mention BotW has a frame rate in the 20s and can not make 1080p. You telling me you don't want this

I wasn’t talking shit. Guy said he likes realism games, and I said PS4 is for realism games.

I like 60fps for racing, shooting, fighting....BOTW’s framerate doesn’t bother me. It works with the art style & pace. It looks like a Miyazaki movie, and the framerate helps the cinematic animated nature of it.

#2305 4 years ago

Before I post on eBay.... Anyone want a 256gb SanDisk micro sd card? Will sell for $28 shipped

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wasn’t talking shit. Guy said he likes realism games, and I said PS4 is for realism games.
I like 60fps for racing, shooting, fighting....BOTW’s framerate doesn’t bother me. It works with the art style & pace. It looks like a Miyazaki movie, and the framerate helps the cinematic animated nature of it.

LOL, come on you can't be serious, the 24 FPS of film does not work on a television. It only works in the cinema because of the way the light flashes through the film and it is a rock solid smooth 24. BotW does not have a 24 FPS frame rate, it tries to maintain 30 but can't so as soon as the action or visuals heat up the frame rate takes a dive. Nintendo has been putting a tonne of effort into it and it has gotten better with patches. That being said no one actually think a diving inconsistent frame rate looks good or is any way cinematic in nature. It also can't maintain a 1080p visual buffer so they render at 900p and stretch the image up to get it it to 1080p. No one thinks that makes it look good either. Nooo your not talking shit at all, LOL. I'll leave you guys to talk Switch games.

#2307 4 years ago

Switch lite is $399NZ Original Switch is on sale at $469 NZ For $70 I will take the original

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

LOL, come on you can't be serious, the 24 FPS of film does not work on a television.

Every show & movie you see on television is 24fps, unless it's the news or soap operas....or do you turn on that bullshit smooth-o-vision and make everything look like soap operas?

Quoted from Darscot:

It only works in the cinema because of the way the light flashes through the film and it is a rock solid smooth 24. BotW does not have a 24 FPS frame rate, it tries to maintain 30 but can't so as soon as the action or visuals heat up the frame rate takes a dive. Nintendo has been putting a tonne of effort into it and it has gotten better with patches. That being said no one actually think a diving inconsistent frame rate looks good or is any way cinematic in nature. It also can't maintain a 1080p visual buffer so they render at 900p and stretch the image up to get it it to 1080p. No one thinks that makes it look good either. Nooo your not talking shit at all, LOL.

It's mostly 30, it's 100% gorgeous, it 100% plays great, is an incredible game design feat, it 100% has amazing character designs, animation and music. The forest is the only place frame dips are noticeable.

It's the best game I've ever played. Every time I try to play Horizon or Uncharted, I fall asleep from the boredom of walking creepy corpses talk too much.

Quoted from Darscot:

I'll leave you guys to talk Switch games.

This is Switch Club, ya maniac! Go play your skin 'n pores corpse games that all look exactly the same.

#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is Switch Club, ya maniac! Go play your skin 'n pores corpse games that all look exactly the same.

さよーなら

#2310 4 years ago

Red necking switch to a virtual pinball machine. Duct tape and a few 2 x 4s.
Works great! Joy-cons easily removed. ( not taped to wood)

20190717_203328 (resized).jpg20190717_203328 (resized).jpg20190717_183551 (resized).jpg20190717_183551 (resized).jpg20190717_183712 (resized).jpg20190717_183712 (resized).jpg20190717_183700 (resized).jpg20190717_183700 (resized).jpg
#2311 4 years ago
20190717_203328 (resized).jpg20190717_203328 (resized).jpg20190717_203317 (resized).jpg20190717_203317 (resized).jpg
#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

さよーなら

Easy for you to say! what?

#2313 4 years ago

it translates to 'goodbye'

#2314 4 years ago

This works great for pinball
Joy cons fit snug and removable. No need to strap down .
20190718_184231 (resized).jpg20190718_184231 (resized).jpg20190718_184240 (resized).jpg20190718_184240 (resized).jpg20190718_184224 (resized).jpg20190718_184224 (resized).jpg

#2315 4 years ago
20190719_175818 (resized).jpg20190719_175818 (resized).jpg
#2316 4 years ago

Pinball game a big hit with friends on the weekend. Easy to make!

20190722_182018 (resized).jpg20190722_182018 (resized).jpg20190721_211407 (resized).jpg20190721_211407 (resized).jpg
#2317 4 years ago

What Bluetooth module should I get so I can use wireless headphones with my switch? Reliability and simplicity are more important than price. Thanks!

#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

What Bluetooth module should I get so I can use wireless headphones with my switch?

This recent article is focused primarily on Apple AirPods, but can apply to Bluetooth headphones more generally:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/07/09/how-to-easily-pair-your-airpods-with-nintendo-switch

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

This recent article is focused primarily on Apple AirPods, but can apply to Bluetooth headphones more generally:
https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/07/09/how-to-easily-pair-your-airpods-with-nintendo-switch

Thanks zombywoof, that is exactly what I was looking for.

#2320 4 years ago

For sale are some of my extra copies of rare, physical released nintendo switch games from Limited Run Games (LRG) and Super Rare Games (SRG)

All sealed, NIB and sold out
All games come with their trading card/s if applicable

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon LRG $50
Lumines: Remastered LRG (2 copies) $50 each
Lumines: Remastered Deluxe Edition LRG $75 - 1 of 2000 made worldwide
Lumines: Remastered Ultimate Edition LRG $180 - 1 of 600 made worldwide
Toe Jam and Earl: Back in The Groove Collectors edition LRG $100 - 1 of 2500 made worlwide
The Escapists: Complete Edition LRG (2 copies) $40 each
Earthlock SRG $65
Machinarium SRG $50

Shipping depending on what game you want
Everything OBO or package deals welcome

Could trade anything +/- cash for SNES stuff or other cool retro gaming stuff

SquarePic_20190724_09142395 (resized).jpgSquarePic_20190724_09142395 (resized).jpgSquarePic_20190724_09135590 (resized).jpgSquarePic_20190724_09135590 (resized).jpg
#2321 4 years ago

Anyone else really stoked for the new Wolfenstein?

#2322 4 years ago

Starlink is onsale for 19.99 on bestbuy, with the gamerclub scooped it for 14.99. any reason to buy any of those extra action figures/planes? they are all on sale too

2 weeks later
#2323 4 years ago

anyone else have their killer queen black pre-order cancelled by amazon this morning?

fortunately, bestbuy.com still has it listed at $29.99 (not sure why gamestop.com is attempting to gouge customers at $39.99

#2324 4 years ago

Virtua Racing!

Anyone who spent anytime in arcades in the early 90's will know where i'm coming from...

Still rock-hard.

#2325 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

anyone else have their killer queen black pre-order cancelled by amazon this morning?
fortunately, bestbuy.com still has it listed at $29.99 (not sure why gamestop.com is attempting to gouge customers at $39.99

OMG...been waiting 2 years since I saw this leaked at Cal extreme show.

#2326 4 years ago

Any body double dip for the new Switch? This is a weird move for Nintendo especially with the exchange program. They are going to have to put the original switch on sale. Selling them at the same price is crazy. Also now the portable design Switch Lite is no longer that great at being portable. Is there any hope for a Switch Pro this feels like another step away from the home console market.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Any body double dip for the new Switch? This is a weird move for Nintendo especially with the exchange program. They are going to have to put the original switch on sale. Selling them at the same price is crazy. Also now the portable design Switch Lite is no longer that great at being portable. Is there any hope for a Switch Pro this feels like another step away from the home console market.

only way im upgrading is if their is some real upgrades or a super sexy zelda unit haha. i hardly use portable mode for more than the battery life expectancy, never ran outta juice for the way i use it

#2328 4 years ago

For those who love a good RPG, Grandia HD collection was released on Friday. Give it a look if your found of the JRPG and a spiritual successor to the Lunar games.

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

For those who love a good RPG, Grandia HD collection was released on Friday. Give it a look if your found of the JRPG and a spiritual successor to the Lunar games.

I played Grandia II on the Dreamcast and really enjoyed it. Bought Grandia I for the PS later on but never ended up finishing it. I don't know if I have the patience for them nowadays but glad to see them getting some love.

#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I will probably only get sucked in if they release a cool ass Zelda or Metroid version. I hardly ever play in portable either, but would like to have a special edition one to add to my Nintendo handheld collection.

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Hard to say if they will firesafe the existing inventory. They aren't exactly advertising this swap out program. Most parents will never know the difference.

1 week later
#2332 4 years ago

Anybody picking up Astral Chain tomorrow? I have been on an action game kick lately playing through some of my backlog and this one looks pretty sweet. Getting good reviews too.

#2333 4 years ago

Anyone trade their original switch to GS for the new longer battery one? My friend did....he said its double the battery life. The ONLY thing I can see for not doing it, is if you want to run the homebrew.

#2335 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone trade their original switch to GS for the new longer battery one? My friend did....he said its double the battery life. The ONLY thing I can see for not doing it, is if you want to run the homebrew.

I play mine 90% docked so it isn’t worth it to me.

#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I play mine 90% docked so it isn’t worth it to me.

The only time it "ran out" on me was my trip to Korea. Otherwise I can usually plug it in etc.

#2337 4 years ago

The physical copy of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace just showed up. Kind of glad its Friday.

#2338 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

The physical copy of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace just showed up. Kind of glad its Friday.

i ordered the special edition so its not here yet, boo

#2339 4 years ago

Not Pro Controllers. 3rd Party. No HD rumble or Amiibo functions.

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not Pro Controllers. 3rd Party. No HD rumble or Amiibo functions.

ahh bummer. didnt read it close enough my bad

#2341 4 years ago

Damn...Killer Queen Black delayed again!

#2343 4 years ago
7A3C9260-5BF6-4555-B169-AD0DE363BAAE (resized).jpeg7A3C9260-5BF6-4555-B169-AD0DE363BAAE (resized).jpeg
#2344 4 years ago

Get Astral Chains on Switch, it’s the new platinum games, the grand masters of frenetic beat’em all action with a twist.
As always they outdid themselves and came up with something radical and new.

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Get Astral Chains on Switch, it’s the new platinum games, the grand masters of frenetic beat’em all action with a twist.
As always they outdid themselves and came up with something radical and new.

Hm, I like radical and new...but I’ve never liked Platinum’s games much at all. I couldn’t get rid of Wonderful 101 fast enough. Their games tend to be so frenetic with convoluted control schemes...I’m not sure I’ll like it if it’s similar in design theory as their other games.

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hm, I like radical and new...but I’ve never liked Platinum’s games much at all. I couldn’t get rid of Wonderful 101 fast enough. Their games tend to be so frenetic with convoluted control schemes...I’m not sure I’ll like it if it’s similar in design theory as their other games.

If you didn't like Bayonetta or Neir: Automata you probably wouldn't like this game.

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes Astral Chains fits the description, frenetic and a control scheme that "get some time to get used to" as they say in the reviews. Well truth is the control scheme is a mess for no reason, every platinum game has a weird control scheme, but their games are always so good that I get over it.

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Yes Astral Chains fits the description, frenetic and a control scheme that "get some time to get used to" as they say in the reviews. Well truth is the control scheme is a mess for no reason, every platinum game has a weird control scheme, but their games are always so good that I get over it.

I’ll wait until they release a demo. I’m churning through my backlog (finished Shovel Knight last nite) & Zelda Link’s Awakening comes out in a few weeks!

#2349 4 years ago

I'm playing astral chain and I like it a lot. Super easy unless on the hardest mode but super fun so far!

#2350 4 years ago

They've released 20 SNES games today. Cool! Wireless SNES controllers coming soon. I've only played SNES games on an emulator. I might need to get a set of controllers for a "real" experience.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.