q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 89.
#2501 4 years ago

Divinity II is an awesome game. Would love to have a group to play Co-op with.

#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Divinity II is an awesome game. Would love to have a group to play Co-op with.

Man, I can't imagine playing that game co-op. It would take forever. If the game was only 10 hours it wouldn't be bad, but it's like 80 to 90 hours. And 3/4 of it is pretty slow paced for a multiplayer game.

#2503 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Man, I can't imagine playing that game co-op. It would take forever. If the game was only 10 hours it wouldn't be bad, but it's like 80 to 90 hours. And 3/4 of it is pretty slow paced for a multiplayer game.

I think if you thought of it like a weekly table top game night it wouldn't be so bad. Dedicate 3-4 hours a week for a campaign. I watched a streamer do this for a while. Was very entertaining watching them work out the problems and not just have one person telling everybody what to do.

#2504 4 years ago

Anyone else anxious for the port of outer worlds to switch? Cant wait to get my hands on this game!

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Anyone else anxious for the port of outer worlds to switch? Cant wait to get my hands on this game!

Looks creepy. Why do game designers insist on ugly corpse mannequins?

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Even though Divinity 2 is getting 95% ratings, I kind of think it's more like an 8 out of 10. It's a 10/10 battle system with a 6 out of 10 rpg part. I know the real hardcore people are like it's amazing to have something buried in an obscure place where you can only see it if your perception is high enough, but to me it's extremely frustrating to not be able to advance because I'm searching around forever not being to find stuff because it's actually not even there.
The books in the inventory are ridiculous. I think I have like 100 of them now. I can't tell which ones I need and which ones I don't, and I think the reading is screwed up sometimes (so you have to read them again) so I end up keeping them all just in case.
I also don't like that you can't grind at all in the game. The ONE GAME where battling is amazing, and the game prevents you from doing extra, lol. Whereas most games you have to grind because you have to.

I totally get you bro

#2507 4 years ago

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the Witcher 3 in here...or did everyone already play it on other platforms?

#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Yeah, it looks good. I believe it's coming out for free on Xbox game pass in about 10 days which is when I'll grab it.

#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the Witcher 3 in here...or did everyone already play it on other platforms?

I’ve never even heard of 1 & 2. How can I get excited for 3?

I’m busy playing The Ninja Saviors, the amazing update to the SNES classic Ninja Warriors!
C56B6FEA-0155-46BD-947A-126D62DBBEE1 (resized).jpegC56B6FEA-0155-46BD-947A-126D62DBBEE1 (resized).jpeg

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m busy playing The Ninja Saviors, the amazing update to the SNES classic Ninja Warriors![quoted image]

dang mine hasnt come in yet! hopefully today!

about 20 hours into fire emblem, really good, highly recommend if you like the genre

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

dang mine hasnt come in yet! hopefully today!
about 20 hours into fire emblem, really good, highly recommend if you like the genre

Enjoy, I can't stand turn based anything, except for the South Park games. The humor guided me through those...but I generally can't stand RPG's at all. I really like the Fire Emblem music though - there's a skin in Tetris 99 with FE art and music...it's lovely.

#2512 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You won't agree, but to me it's a way better game than BOTW.

Witcher 3 stands well enough on its own and it's a nearly completely different game than 1 and 2, which are dissimilar from each other to begin with. It does a good job of allowing you to infer established relationships and events without needing to know what happened before. I had barely played 1 and never played 2 beforehand, and found W3 to be very enjoyable.

Its a beautiful open world game with enjoyable combat in the vein of the Batman Arkham games.

Seems like the Switch version would be a diminished experience. As much as I love the game, I have no reason to want it on the Switch.

You'll dismiss it as corpse mannequins, but whatever.

#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

BOTW is pure perfection and art...this looks like a yappy yap yap talky talk corpse manequin game...soooooo yeah, I won't agree lol. Tell ya what though...when this goes on sale for $15 or $20, maybe I'll give it a shot. Although I guess I could do that on my PS4 right now lol

Its a beautiful open world game with enjoyable combat in the vein of the Batman Arkham games.

I tried those games based on the praise, but those games were very convoluted to play, kept pausing for talky cut scenes, and I got bored of them pretty quickly. I forget which one was in 3D...Arkham City, I think? That definitely looked cool, but I got bored. Maybe I'll try to get into it again, I still have it.

Seems like the Switch version would be a diminished experience. As much as I love the game, I have no reason to want it on the Switch.

Reason: People who want to play it portable.

Yup. It's got that distinct modern game non-style & too much talking that puts me to sleep!

#2514 4 years ago

My friend Pedro is on sale for 13$ on the eshop right now.
I guess the game didnt sell so well at 20 but I would strongly encourage you to give it a shot. Its a stylish shooter that encourages replayability, once mastered it turns into a beautiful choreography of blood and bullets. Truly a one of a kind.

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I guess the game didnt sell so well at 20 but I would strongly encourage you to give it a shot. Its a stylish shooter that encourages replayability, once mastered it turns into a beautiful choreography of blood and bullets. Truly a one of a kind.

Nice, I was waiting for that to go on sale! WOOOO!

#2516 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

a physical copy is coming nov 12th if you are into that sort of thing

#2517 4 years ago

I go back and forth...if it's cheap enough, I'm fine with digital...but maybe I'll wait for physical - I don't really have time for it anyway lol

#2518 4 years ago

Im fine with digital, I find it easier than carrying a bunch of carts and opening the slot (I dont have any nails its a pain)

#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Im fine with digital, I find it easier than carrying a bunch of carts and opening the slot (I dont have any nails its a pain)

My reasoning waffles. Usually I like having the $60 Nintendo games physical...but then like, with Smash Bros, since so much of the content would be updates and DLC, I just said "F it" and got it digital. Mario Odyssey I bought digital because I was impatient and wanted to play it right away lol.

I like physical for games I want to play but probably won't want to keep long term...it's nice to get a few bucks back and thin the library sometimes. If a game is cheap enough, who cares.

BTW, speaking of cheap - if you like NES-style Mega Man-ish games, Revenge of the Bird King is on sale for 9 cents right now lol...NINE CENTS! It's pretty fun and that's definitely a "who cares" price.

#2520 4 years ago

Witcher 3 stands well enough on its own and it's a nearly completely different game than 1 and 2, which are dissimilar from each other to begin with. It does a good job of allowing you to infer established relationships and events without needing to know what happened before. I had barely played 1 and never played 2 beforehand, and found W3 to be very enjoyable.

I never play 1, but finished 2 and 3. I didn't even remember what had happened in 2 when I played 3 really. One thing for parents out there, this is not a game for kids. No language for the most part, but Gerald is ahem a "ladies man", lol. I agree that Rare Hero should stay away, it's a deep story based game with legit choices that absolutely determine the outcome of the game. And the choices aren't what you think, and can come at any time. Definitely not for those who think BOTW is the best rpg ever (and I seriously mean that, this is story based action rpg, and not a puzzle based rpg, and it not remotely the same type of game). Even the expansions are legit full fledged games that are rather amazing on their own.

Basically, if your liked Mass Effect, you'll probably love it.

#2521 4 years ago

Witcher 3 and BOTW should not even be compared IMO. Completely different games.

I must be a slow gamer because I'm getting way more than 10 hours out of the new Link's Awakening game. Loving it as I never completed the Game Boy version.

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Witcher 3 and BOTW should not even be compared IMO. Completely different games.
I must be a slow gamer because I'm getting way more than 10 hours out of the new Link's Awakening game. Loving it as I never completed the Game Boy version.

I finished it around 15 hrs....but I didn’t do the Color Dungeon or find all the seashells yet.

#2523 4 years ago

I burned through Links Awakening pretty quickly, in the end it didn't feel like a console game there is just not enough depth or content. It was a masterpiece on Gameboy, it literally changed handheld gaming at the time. 26 Years later as a full price release on Switch it kinda felt like a cash grab. Nintendo sucks me in far to often but this is firmly in the should have bought used for half price camp for me. It's a super enjoyable romp through nostalgia but at that price point, with the graphic and performance issues it is just does not compete with what you get for that same money.

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I burned through Links Awakening pretty quickly, in the end it didn't feel like a console game there is just not enough depth or content. It was a masterpiece on Gameboy, it literally changed handheld gaming at the time. 26 Years later as a full price release on Switch it kinda felt like a cash grab. Nintendo sucks me in far to often but this is firmly in the should have bought used for half price camp for me. It's a super enjoyable romp through nostalgia but at that price point, with the graphic and performance issues it is just does not compete with what you get for that same money.

Keep in mind anyone born in the 90's onward probably never had a Gameboy or played it...so, for most of Nintendo's demographic, it's a new game. There's no rule on what the length of a new game should be. Not every game can be 100+ hours. IMO a great short game is usually better than a mega long game. If a game is too long, I will most likely never play it again. Short and sweet...I'll revisit and enjoy the experience all over.

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Keep in mind anyone born in the 90's onward probably never had a Gameboy or played it...so, for most of Nintendo's demographic, it's a new game. There's no rule on what the length of a new game should be. Not every game can be 100+ hours. IMO a great short game is usually better than a mega long game. If a game is too long, I will most likely never play it again. Short and sweet...I'll revisit and enjoy the experience all over.

If you take away the nostalgia or never played it before its probably worth even less. It's charming in it's Nintendo factor but that is really all it brings to the table. I think it has two dungeons that I would consider clever the others are just a quick run through. The usual items and a trading side quest. We all know your taste just letting others know it's a good fun game at $30 but very mediocre at $60.

#2526 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If you take away the nostalgia or never played it before its probably worth even less. It's charming in it's Nintendo factor but that is really all it brings to the table. I think it has two dungeons that I would consider clever the others are just a quick run through. The usual items and a trading side quest. We all know your taste just letting others know it's a good fun game at $30 but very mediocre at $60.

Well the nice thing is if you buy it physical, you can still prob sell it for $50 since Nintendo titles hold their value.

I thought it was cute, but it's not even close to one of my favorite top-down Zeldas...but I had a good time. It's all good.

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well the nice thing is if you buy it physical, you can still prob sell it for $50 since Nintendo titles hold their value.
I thought it was cute, but it's not even close to one of my favorite top-down Zeldas...but I had a good time. It's all good.

If you can get $50 jump on it, I have seen several on the classifieds at work already for less. It's one of those titles everyone jumped on and everyone is hoping to get some of that money back. Physical version also has the worst performance, Nintendo is clearly focusing on the digital sales.

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I totally agree. I played Link awakening on the gameboy and it was a B version of a real Zelda. So I had no interest in doing the remake.

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Witcher 3 and BOTW should not even be compared IMO. Completely different games

Really?
-open world games with no loading screens
-explore, explore, explore
-horseback riding with potential to get different horses, and even tame wild horses
-quests that span the world map
-upgrade your character and items to take on more powerful foes
-real-time combat
-boss battles
-random enemy mobs
-interact with numerous NPCs
-crafting

Pretty similar games, IMO. Sure, they're plenty different, but similar enough that one could be preferred over the other.

#2530 4 years ago

Really?
-open world games with no loading screens
-explore, explore, explore
-horseback riding with potential to get different horses, and even tame wild horses
-quests that span the world map
-upgrade your character and items to take on more powerful foes
-real-time combat
-boss battles
-random enemy mobs
-interact with numerous NPCs
-crafting
Pretty similar games, IMO. Sure, they're plenty different, but similar enough that one could be preferred over the other.

You're right, one is the mother of all, the other is the 100 million dollars plastic surgeon knock off !

#2531 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Physical version also has the worst performance, Nintendo is clearly focusing on the digital sales.

Well that's interesting...I hadn't heard that. Why would a physical version perform differently than digital? I've heard of loading time differences between physical vs. digital system memory vs. digital microSD, but never actual performance.

#2532 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well that's interesting...I hadn't heard that. Why would a physical version perform differently than digital? I've heard of loading time differences between physical vs. digital system memory vs. digital microSD, but never actual performance.

I think he meant sales performance. An unfortunately he is right. It's a bummer though, digital content poses some clear issues in keeping the integrity of a game through time. There were a few exemples of games that have been modified long after their release because some content became politically incorrect.

#2533 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I think he meant sales performance. An unfortunately he is right. .

All articles I've seen indicate it's a top seller.

#2534 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All articles I've seen indicate it's a top seller.

Oh it is a top seller, the discussion is does it sell more in phyisical or digital copies.

#2535 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The frame rate issues are caused by memory access loading the assets. It runs best installed on internal flash. If you have a good SD it will run slightly worse on that. It has the most lag on a cheap SD or the cartridge. Its most noticeable when you transition between locations in the over world. The opening wave is laughably bad I can't believe anyone thought it was ok for the opening shot to chug like that. Sadly its another game that the hacking community has made serious improvement too, you can get rid of that horribly implemented tilt shift and do other tricks to make it run better.

I'm talking about framerate and memory performance. They game performs considerable worse on the cartridge.

#2536 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The frame rate issues are caused by memory access loading the assets. It runs best installed on internal flash. If you have a good SD it will run slightly worse on that. It has the most lag on a cheap SD or the cartridge. Its most noticeable when you transition between locations in the over world. The opening wave is laughably bad I can't believe anyone thought it was ok for the opening shot to chug like that. Sadly its another game that the hacking community has made serious improvement too, you can get rid of that horribly implemented tilt shift and do other tricks to make it run better.
I'm talking about framerate and memory performance. They game performs considerable worse on the cartridge.

Gotcha...so does the digital on the system version have the frame stutter at all? Does it just go away quicker?

(At this point I already finished the game, so it's not like I'm gonna rebuy it digital)

#2537 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gotcha...so does the digital on the system version have the frame stutter at all? Does it just go away quicker?
(At this point I already finished the game, so it's not like I'm gonna rebuy it digital)

It still stutters but it doesn't drop as low or for as long. Its pretty common on that type of system the cartridges are super cheap and don't have ideal speeds. None of the other consoles actual run anything off media anymore, everything is copied over to an internal drive.

#2538 4 years ago

I picked up GB remaster for my plane trip to Florida this week. Played a couple levels on x360 so this should be fun to beat before LM3

#2539 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I picked up GB remaster for my plane trip to Florida this week. Played a couple levels on x360 so this should be fun to beat before LM3

The game is ok but not great. I had never played it so I was excited but it’s kind of meh. It’s too much paint by numbers, everything is too scripted. Sometimes that is fine but in 2019 it feels like you’re on rails.

#2540 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The game is ok but not great. I had never played it so I was excited but it’s kind of meh. It’s too much paint by numbers, everything is too scripted. Sometimes that is fine but in 2019 it feels like you’re on rails.

That's what I didn't like about it when I played the demo way back when it originally came out. Also the characters didn't sound like they were in the environment or part of the action....felt very "read off the page".

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Quoted from Rarehero:

That's what I didn't like about it when I played the demo way back when it originally came out. Also the characters didn't sound like they were in the environment or part of the action....felt very "read off the page".

Yeah I played the first level to get the update and make sure. It for sure felt aged. Looking for lame fun, and I love GB, probably be okay and at $30? Not a bad deal

#2542 4 years ago

Wow took the advice and purchased Ori this morning. It's very fun and beautifully made.

Thanks for the suggestion!

#2543 4 years ago

So, is My Friend Pedro worth buying? I’ve heard it’s kind of short and not much replayability?

#2544 4 years ago

Yes. If I heard that someone loves BOTW, my response would not be to recommend Witcher 3. Maybe HZD instead. Similarly, if someone loves Witcher 3, I would not recommend BOTW. Maybe Octopath Traveler or Skyrim instead.

#2545 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

So, is My Friend Pedro worth buying? I’ve heard it’s kind of short and not much replayability?

It’s super short, 14$ seems like a decent price for it. The replayability depends if you get into the game of mass killing with style, in that case it’s probably endless, each scene has a ton of ways to be completed and doing it nicely is rewarding for the eyes.

I get back at it for some quick sessions, the game gets more enjoyable once you master the controls.

#2546 4 years ago

streamed Ninja Saviors with my buddy in full last night. very casual but complete playthrough
pretty fun game, really well done remaster and the added 2player couch co-op is a blast

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/497874919

#2547 4 years ago

streamed Ninja Saviors with my buddy in full last night. very casual but complete playthrough
pretty fun game, really well done remaster and the added 2player couch co-op is a blast
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/497874919

I unlocked the new character with the crazy Doc Ock arms - she’s really fun to play as!

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I unlocked the new character with the crazy Doc Ock arms - she’s really fun to play as!

yeah thats who unlocked after we beat it. the other unlockable character , raiden, looks pretty dope. probably have to beat it on hard to get him im guessing.

#2549 4 years ago

Just finished Link's Awakening and loved it. Will likely list it soon, so if anyone here wants it for $48 shipped let me know.

#2550 4 years ago

Looks like Outer Worlds is getting really good reviews. Say it's a lot like Mass Effect and Fallout New Vegas.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.