1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,309 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Darscot
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 143 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Nintendo Switch Lite - pokemon shield and sword (resized).jpg
Mario_Maker_ID.jpg
A2F72120-FEA7-4F28-A8CC-D92DF62AE31E.jpeg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
20190625_130316 (resized).jpg
Punch-Out_Mr._Dream_boxart (resized).png
51TK9HNJ3PL._AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg
6224B955-388B-4DE4-9A32-A360C58FD4B9 (resized).jpeg
Dreamer-Edition (resized).jpg
3546108-link's awakening limited edition (resized).jpg
20190418_075203 (resized).jpg
Bye.gif
dims (resized).jpg
Cadence-Hyrule_03-20-19 (resized).jpg
20190212_171042 (resized).jpg
AEE21181-F1C7-4C78-9494-28A7C5210803 (resized).jpeg

There are 2309 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.
#2251 15 days ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I have the WiiU SMM and bought SMM2 as well....even better than the first one. I don’t get into the stage building but the online community is huge and you’ll never get bored if you enjoy 2D Mario games. The story mode is a nifty idea...creative, fun stages.

I wish Amiibo costumes were still in the game - it was fun making stages themed around them. Aside from that, it’s better in every way. Having 3D World in there is amazing & opens up huge possibilities due to the unique mechanics of that game.

#2252 15 days ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Is it worth it is you plan to never build a level? Are there a bunch of levels that you can just play offline?

Yes. I have never made a single level in a Mario Maker game and I love them.

#2253 14 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There are 100 levels (maybe more) in the "Story mode", and even if you don't build any - if you are online, there will just be unlimited levels to play that other people are making.
Also, I forget if this was mentioned in this thread. But if you have Twitch Prime (free with Amazon Prime), you can get a FREE year of Nintendo Online...it works even if you're paying for it already, it just stacks onto your subscription.
Even if you don't have any online games, it allows you to download & play the NES games and Tetris 99 for free.
amazon.com link »

Thanks - didn't know about this. I just added 3 months to my sub without about 3 clicks.

#2254 14 days ago

I started playing Mario Maker 2 last night, right when it arrived and.... slept 2 hours ! It's literally endless, the story mode features some great stages, then the online one is simply incredible.

I never had the patience or the creativity to build a stage on my own, but luckily there are a lot of people out there that have a lot of good ideas !

Anyways, for creation or to play, this Mario Maker 2 is a must have

#2255 14 days ago

Here's my Maker ID if anyone wants to play my dumb courses! I've made 2 so far, which weren't too hard TO ME, but then I realized almost no one can finish them lol....I'll try to make some easier ones. Mine aren't troll-y...nothing falls on you out of nowhere...but they do require some precise jumping.

Mario_Maker_ID.jpg
#2256 14 days ago

im gonna pick mario maker 2 up later this week and stream some action, ill def try some of everyones stages!

#2257 14 days ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

im gonna pick mario maker 2 up later this week and stream some action, ill def try some of everyones stages!

What's your stream? I wanna see you play my levels lol

#2258 14 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's your stream? I wanna see you play my levels lol

twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

we played yoshis island for a few hours last night

#2259 14 days ago

Mega Man 11 = Fun
Highly recommend

#2260 13 days ago

Every time I play a "'regular" Mega Man game, I realize how much more I like the wall jump ability in Mega Man X. I did buy 11 from Target with their 30% off deal, though.

I've been playing Celeste. That game is really fun. I loved Super Meat Boy, and this provides a similarly difficult challenge. I don't know if I'll ever see the end, which is a shame, because the story is pretty interesting.

#2261 13 days ago

Celeste is awesome. Even when it seems crazy impossible, keep trying - it’s so satisfying!!!!

#2262 13 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Every time I play a "'regular" Mega Man game, I realize how much more I like the wall jump ability in Mega Man X. I did buy 11 from Target with their 30% off deal, though.
I've been playing Celeste. That game is really fun. I loved Super Meat Boy, and this provides a similarly difficult challenge. I don't know if I'll ever see the end, which is a shame, because the story is pretty interesting.

Celeste is so, so good. Just beautiful in every way. I made it to the "normal" end at the Summit, but haven't attempted going further into The Core. Pretty sure I have reached the extent of my abilities, and it's very satisfying ending there. I think if I kept going, it would just sour the experience and get frustrating. Then again, I do have a slight feeling of unfinished business...ugg...

1 week later
#2263 6 days ago

It's official, Switch Lite. They are being vague with battery life but it is supposed to be longer. I really hope they also drop the Switch Pro, with some real horsepower gains. I don't want them going away from home console to focus on portable.

#2264 6 days ago

$100 doesn't persuade me into giving up TV connectivity. Joy cons are no big deal as I would never take them off. Im still waiting to buy a switch. Maybe a "pro model"

#2265 6 days ago

I usually love Nintendo hardware revisions, but I don't really get this at all. It's ALREADY a portable. The very name "Switch" implies the different ways you can play. Joy-Cons coming off for unique gameplay or multiplayer is awesome. Using everything with Labo is super cool. This Micro Switch basically takes away everything from the concept. If they wanted to make a cheaper "portable only" version, just repackage it with no dock for $200, and keep the docked version at $300 but throw in a free game. I dunno...I don't get it. Just gonna keep jamming on my Day 1 Switch. No complaints.

#2266 6 days ago
Quoted from MRG:

$100 doesn't persuade me into giving up TV connectivity. Joy cons are no big deal as I would never take them off. Im still waiting to buy a switch. Maybe a "pro model"

Joycons are a big deal though if the controls on the Lite break. Nice to have the option to replace if a stick or button go bad.

#2267 6 days ago

I would miss the rumble the most as weird as that sounds.

#2268 6 days ago
Quoted from timtim:

I would miss the rumble the most as weird as that sounds.

Absolutely. HD Rumble rules. You NEED it in Mario Odyssey to find some moons.

I get why they made 2DS...many people don't use the 3D, and kids SHOULDN'T use 3D...so they took it out and made it cheaper.

Don't get why they made this. Switch was already portable with tons of great features. It'll just confuse the market, IMO. Can't wait till a parent buys their kid a Lite Switch & then a Labo Kit, only to find it isn't compatible.

#2269 6 days ago

The whole kids and 3D is just legal protection and silly science. There is no evidence that 3D images affect eye sight in any way its actually completely the opposite. The human brain starts to process multiple images into 3D representation from birth and does it every moment both eyes are open. Your already looking at 3D images all day everyday. They never took 3D out to protect the children, it was simple cost reduction. Its exactly the same with switch lite. They want a cheaper version for kids, no removable parts, less moving parts and lower price. That is why they took the hinge and the screen out of the 2DS. It makes total sense but I personally would pay more for more horsepower. This version is meant to be under the tree as an individual gift. With this one they are moving away from the, "its for the whole family". Now all your kids can have their own and they can sell multiple to each house hold.

#2270 6 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I usually love Nintendo hardware revisions, but I don't really get this at all. It's ALREADY a portable. The very name "Switch" implies the different ways you can play. Joy-Cons coming off for unique gameplay or multiplayer is awesome. Using everything with Labo is super cool. This Micro Switch basically takes away everything from the concept. If they wanted to make a cheaper "portable only" version, just repackage it with no dock for $200, and keep the docked version at $300 but throw in a free game. I dunno...I don't get it. Just gonna keep jamming on my Day 1 Switch. No complaints.

This isn't for you. It's for young kids and parents who want to save $100. It'a more rugged, less moving parts. It's a replacement for the 3DS, which is being put out to pasture. The Switch Lite will sell like hotcakes this Christmas alongside the new Pokemon game. They timing of the release is not a coincidence.

#2271 6 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

This isn't for you. It's for young kids and parents who want to save $100. It'a more rugged, less moving parts. It's a replacement for the 3DS, which is being put out to pasture. The Switch Lite will sell like hotcakes this Christmas alongside the new Pokemon game. They timing of the release is not a coincidence.
And as for changing the "concept" as you say......I guess you forgot about the 2DS.

2DS was called 2DS, not 3DS.

Switch Lite is still called Switch without any of the Switching ability.

You’re right, it’s not for me. I’m allowed to think it’s stupid though. I hope it sells well, as I’m a Nintendo stockholder.

#2272 6 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

2DS was called 2DS, not 3DS.
Switch Lite is still called Switch without any of the Switching ability.
You’re right, it’s not for me. I’m allowed to think it’s stupid though. I hope it sells well, as I’m a Nintendo stockholder.

Regardless, it replaced the core concept of the 3DS. So Nintendo isn't afraid of knifing the baby to reduce price.

#2273 6 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Regardless, it replaced the core concept of the 3DS. So Nintendo isn't afraid of knifing the baby to reduce price.

Sure, but I think a more on-brand move would have been to sell a dockless Switch for $199, and the docked version with a free game download for $299.

Switch just has so many things it can do with Joy-Cons & Labo...a lot of games take advantage of the Switch's nature like Mario Party & all the retro games with vertical modes...they hyped up HD Rumble so much, and many games use it really well. Just seems so odd to make a version that can't do all the things a Switch can do. All 2DS did was remove 3D, which many people didn't use anyway.

#2274 5 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, but I think a more on-brand move would have been to sell a dockless Switch for $199, and the docked version with a free game download for $299.
Switch just has so many things it can do with Joy-Cons & Labo...a lot of games take advantage of the Switch's nature like Mario Party & all the retro games with vertical modes...they hyped up HD Rumble so much, and many games use it really well. Just seems so odd to make a version that can't do all the things a Switch can do. All 2DS did was remove 3D, which many people didn't use anyway.

A dockless Switch wouldn't have gotten the price down to $199. Ever seen inside one of these things? There's not much there.

Nintendo has tons of data....they know almost exactly how people are using the Switch. Those extra features like HD rumble and the IR camera probably just weren't used much. Nintendo zeroed in on exactly what they needed to remove to get the price point to $199.

The good news is, they still sell the regular Switch! That's what we have, and if it broke that's what we would buy again. Choices are good. The well sell tons of Switch Lites. They will sell tons of regular Switches. They will do an intergenerational upgrade to the main Switch. The life span of this console is going to be longer than the usual 5-6 years. It will outsell the Wii eventually. The future is good.

#2275 5 days ago

my take-away from the announcement was that this is step one in slowly moving people away from the 2DS/3DS line that they are eventually discontinuing.

and while I get the fact that it's a bit more portable (smaller) at a price point that is 2/3s the cost of a normal switch, there are a number factors that gamers (and not parents) will take into account:
- it has a smaller screen (almost 1" smaller diagonally) but supports the same 720p resolution
- no HD rumble, IR camera
- no removable joycons (but has the option to sync with external joycons)
- strictly portable, no tv connection
- no kickstand (probably a good decision, since I think that the one in the original switch was a bit flimsy
- strange choice of initial color options (for the yellow and teal, I'm really surprised that they didn't go with dandelion and teal colors from the gameboy era. yes, the muted colors make the device look a little less child-like, but imo are not very pleasing

the unanswered questions:
- what is the battery life compared to the regular switch (the smaller screen and lack of rumble should increase the life, but by how much?
- in the circuitry completely eliminated that prevents viewing the console on a television or is it simply just not included at the 199 usd MSRP?

and I realise that it's only one game (mario party), but the functionality of using 2 switch lite with the controllers attached kind of defeats the effect that was able to be achieved with the standard switch model

#2276 5 days ago

I was sort of surprised Nintendo released the Switch in the first place. They do well in portables, and I thought that would cannibalize a lot of those sales. I'm not sure if it has or not, but I sold my 3DS when I got the switch. I think the 3DS is inferior in practically every way.

I'm a little more confused now at this move. Perhaps they didn't see the sales increase on the Switch to makeup for the slowing of the 3DS, so they're trying to bridge that gap. That's the only way I think this makes sense. And it's still not THAT portable..

#2277 5 days ago

The 3DS line has been dead since they announced the switch. Sure Nintendo does a little lips service now and then and says oh we have big plans for it. Those plans are to milk it for as long as possible while investing as little as possible. The only thing interesting is will Nintendo invest anything in the home console market going ahead. Sadly I think they are going to focus on the portable switch and by default games will be playable on TV as well. I'm still holding out hope they at least release a Switch Pro that is in the ball park of the current consoles when Sony and Microsoft drop the next generation. I wonder what will happen with this rumored online Zelda. I guess it all depends on how the market splits with the Switch Lite, if most people are playing 720p on the go I can't see them putting a lot of effort into a 1080p online Zelda experience.

#2278 5 days ago

remember when they came out with the DS they said it would be the "third pillar" with the home console (wii) and game boy (GBA) lines. then the GBA was dead instantly after launch.

the 3DS is over. look at any retail shop how much space, if any, is allocated for the 3DS stuff. pretty much non-existent

the 3DS is more portable to me than the switch for travel gaming. I'd rather take it on the plane than the switch tbh but id rather be playing my switch games.
this would slightly intrigue me for travel but i am not going to buy one for that reason. They might get me to bite if it was a sweet zelda collector edition but thats about it.

#2279 5 days ago

I still take my 3DS on trips and not my switch. It still has its uses but I know most have moved on. It has a great library.

#2280 5 days ago

I was baffled when I bought my 3DS and it didn't even come with a charger.

#2281 5 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I was baffled when I bought my 3DS and it didn't even come with a charger.

that is simply NOA adopting the practices that NCL (japan) has done since the introduction of the super famicom (snes)

1. it's cheaper to produce in many regards (one less item to add into the bom and pass the cost onto the consumer which also trickles down to smaller packaging equaling a cost saving there as well. finally, less weight to ship equals further savings

2. it's the same charger that was used by the DS and many consumers that purchased one, it wasn't the only system that they owned, so they already had a charging solution (in japan, the super famicom used the same ac adapter as the famicom, so the "foam pak" sfc system did not ship with an ac adapter. it was sold separately for those individuals that were not "upgrading" from the famicom system

#2282 5 days ago

Not to derail the Switch Lite discussion, but is it even worth it to buy Splatoon 2 at this late date? The game looks fun, but the last SplatFest is right around the corner. What are the rumors on Splatoon 3? 2020 release?

#2283 5 days ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Not to derail the Switch Lite discussion, but is it even worth it to buy Splatoon 2 at this late date? The game looks fun, but the last SplatFest is right around the corner. What are the rumors on Splatoon 3? 2020 release?

Yes the game is great and still has a ton of people playing every day.

#2284 5 days ago
Quoted from Gov:

Yes the game is great and still has a ton of people playing every day.

LoL, mine is still wrapped...but then again I just cracked open BOTW a little while ago which was a day one purchase. Too many games too little time.

#2285 5 days ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Splatoon 2 has so much content, so many modes, and is so endlessly fun & the community is very active. Splatfest is just a small part of it - and you will be able to recreate Splatfests & play all the special levels soon. Splatoon 3 is years away...no reason to fracture such an active player base.

#2286 5 days ago

Sorry to jump in uninformed. I'd like an opinion.

I was a big gamer in the old days from Atari 2600 to full arcade to PS2 and Wii. Took a break for a few years.

I loved games like WOW but mostly played single player quests. Last year I got a PS4. I love games like Fallout 4, Witcher, Skyrim. Like Destiny 2 and Uncharted.

I'll go pickup a switch if it has similar titles. The only one I looked into was Breath of the Wild. Can anyone list games like these for me to lookup? Skyrim and Fallout 4 are some of the best hours I have ever wasted.

#2287 4 days ago

First the Uncharted franchise is pretty much the crown jewel right now but Tombraider is similar style and very good give it a try. If you missed The Last Of Us it is another killer game from Naughty Dog. The new God of War is incredible as well.

#2288 4 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

First the Uncharted franchise is pretty much the crown jewel right now but Tombraider is similar style and very good give it a try. If you missed The Last Of Us it is another killer game from Naughty Dog. The new God of War is incredible as well.

Agreed go buy GOW and Horizon Zero Dawn for ps4 do not pass go do not collect $200. Once you get done with those worry about a switch lol.

The games on the Nintendo platform for me are all about fun quirky type games, Mario, and Zelda franchises. I don't ever expect any huge sweeping epics or good adventure games on it. That's what my ps4 is for.

#2289 4 days ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Sorry to jump in uninformed. I'd like an opinion.
I was a big gamer in the old days from Atari 2600 to full arcade to PS2 and Wii. Took a break for a few years.
I loved games like WOW but mostly played single player quests. Last year I got a PS4. I love games like Fallout 4, Witcher, Skyrim. Like Destiny 2 and Uncharted.
I'll go pickup a switch if it has similar titles. The only one I looked into was Breath of the Wild. Can anyone list games like these for me to lookup? Skyrim and Fallout 4 are some of the best hours I have ever wasted.

You seem to like the mo-cap skin & pores reality corpse games. Stick with PS4. Switch games are more about beautiful art direction, character design, and fun gameplay mechanics. BOTW is one of the best games ever made...but it looks like beautiful art, not reality with stiff doll people.

#2290 4 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You seem to like the mo-cap skin & pores reality corpse games. Stick with PS4. Switch games are more about beautiful art direction, character design, and fun gameplay mechanics. BOTW is one of the best games ever made...but it looks like beautiful art, not reality with stiff doll people.

Nintendo does what it does well but there are plenty of graphical master pieces on PS4. Being a console fan boy just means your missing out. There is nothing on Switch that comes anywhere near what Naughty Dog has done. That being said there is nothing compared to BotW on Sony. There is no need to talk shit, it just makes it obvious you have never played an epic on another platform. Tell me this isn’t beautiful art.

#2291 4 days ago

Switch, what a boon to gaming. It is a gem! Very excited for Animal Crossing finally coming to switch on March 20, 2020. Can’t wait!!
Favorite Switch games:

Mario Kart
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Mario Odyssey
Street Fighter

#2292 4 days ago

well, here's your limited edition nintendo switch lite for pokemon sword and shield

Nintendo Switch Lite - pokemon shield and sword (resized).jpg

currently, available for pre-order on amazon.co.jp for 21,978yen (approx. 203usd)
BB%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82-Nintendo-Switch-Lite-%E3%82%B6%E3%82%B7%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B6%E3%83%9E%E3%82%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF/dp/B07V5NC4FD/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=%E4%BB%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82%E3%82%B9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%83%E3%83%81lite&qid=1562942103&s=gateway&sr=8-16">https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BB%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82-Nintendo-Switch-Lite-%E3%82%B6%E3%82%B7%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B6%E3%83%9E%E3%82%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF/dp/B07V5NC4FD/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=%E4%BB%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82%E3%82%B9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%83%E3%83%81lite&qid=1562942103&s=gateway&sr=8-16

or as a bundle with both sword and shield for 35,134yen (approx. 325usd)
BB%E3%82%B7%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%89%E3%80%8F%E3%83%80%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-Switch%E3%80%90%E3%83%80%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%89%B9%E5%85%B8%E3%80%91%E3%83%A8%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AE%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%81%A8%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B3%E3%81%A8%E3%81%AE%E7%89%B9%E5%88%A5%E3%81%AA%E3%83%9E%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%83%90%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB%E3%81%8C%E3%81%A7%E3%81%8D%E3%82%8B%E3%82%B7%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%892%E7%A8%AE-%E3%80%90Amazon-co-jp%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E3%80%91%E9%87%91%E3%81%AE%E3%83%9C%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%B3/dp/B07V4KQ2X3/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=%E4%BB%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82%E3%82%B9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%83%E3%83%81lite&qid=1562942103&s=gateway&sr=8-18">https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B7%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%89%E3%80%8F%E3%83%80%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-Switch%E3%80%90%E3%83%80%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%89%B9%E5%85%B8%E3%80%91%E3%83%A8%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AE%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%81%A8%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B3%E3%81%A8%E3%81%AE%E7%89%B9%E5%88%A5%E3%81%AA%E3%83%9E%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%83%90%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB%E3%81%8C%E3%81%A7%E3%81%8D%E3%82%8B%E3%82%B7%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%892%E7%A8%AE-%E3%80%90Amazon-co-jp%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E3%80%91%E9%87%91%E3%81%AE%E3%83%9C%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%B3/dp/B07V4KQ2X3/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=%E4%BB%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82%E3%82%B9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%83%E3%83%81lite&qid=1562942103&s=gateway&sr=8-18

#2293 4 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Nintendo does what it does well but there are plenty of graphical master pieces on PS4. Being a console fan boy just means your missing out. There is nothing on Switch that comes anywhere near what Naughty Dog has done. That being said there is nothing compared to BotW on Sony. There is no need to talk shit, it just makes it obvious you have never played an epic on another platform. Tell me this isn’t beautiful art.

I have a PS4, for the record. I have Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, GTA5. And no, I don’t consider those games beautiful art. They’re realism simulators, aiming for grass, leaves, skin and hair - not character design or art direction. They can be cool, but generally feel like tech over art. I think ARMS is more gorgeous than Spider-Man.

#2294 4 days ago

I forgot about those others. Yes I did Spiderman (and the 3 add on missions). Played Horizon Zero Dawn and that is artwork when you stand on a mountain or tower. The add on was meh. I do not like games like GOW. The jump around and do a bunch of certain kicks things bugs me. Never like the Mortal Kombat / Streetfighter games either.

Yes, Uncharted is like Tomb Raider. I played all of the original TR games back then.

Thanks everyone for the info.

#2295 4 days ago

I think theres also been rumors that a more powerful Switch is in the works and could be released as early as December. I can see Nintendo offering a higher spec Switch that plays at 1080p in handheld mode (versus 720p today), comes with a higher quality screen, better D pad, and better battery life.

#2296 4 days ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I forgot about those others. Yes I did Spiderman (and the 3 add on missions). Played Horizon Zero Dawn and that is artwork when you stand on a mountain or tower. The add on was meh. I do not like games like GOW. The jump around and do a bunch of certain kicks things bugs me. Never like the Mortal Kombat / Streetfighter games either.
Yes, Uncharted is like Tomb Raider. I played all of the original TR games back then.
Thanks everyone for the info.

The new GOW has significantly departed from the old games. Its not really an action heavy brawler anymore, it's much more of a cinematic adventure.

#2297 4 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think theres also been rumors that a more powerful Switch is in the works and could be released as early as December. I can see Nintendo offering a higher spec Switch that plays at 1080p in handheld mode (versus 720p today), comes with a higher quality screen, better D pad, and better battery life.

I think they may go the other way. Now that they have the lite they may make the pro more home use only and drop the screen. Sell the lite mobile only, the Pro home only, original Switch being the hybrid. If it has real horse power I would buy a home only pro but I don't need another mobile switch and prefer they put all the money into the specs.

#2298 4 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have a PS4, for the record. I have Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, GTA5. And no, I don’t consider those games beautiful art. They’re realism simulators, aiming for grass, leaves, skin and hair - not character design or art direction. They can be cool, but generally feel like tech over art. I think ARMS is more gorgeous than Spider-Man.

I didn't think much of Spider-Man or Horizon Zero Dawn, they both seemed average games that I couldn't play more than a couple of hours before losing interest. GTA is is what it is but its not a cinematic adventure or visual masterpiece its just everything under the sink all in one game. Right now I'm playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake and loving it, that kind of experience just can not be found on Switch it is fucking stunning in 4K HDR with a solid 60 FPS and the sound design is at another level as well.

Sorry for the three quotes in a row, didn't mean to hog the thread.

#2299 4 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The new GOW has significantly departed from the old games. Its not really an action heavy brawler anymore, it's much more of a cinematic adventure.

This 100%, Uncharted is my favorite series and I feel that the new GOW is very much inline with that type of game along with HZD.

#2300 4 days ago

since we are talking about other systems at the moment, anyone play sekiro, shadows die twice yet? thinking of picking it up for the ps4

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 12.75
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 126.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
There are 2309 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside