q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 89.
#2451 4 years ago

Nice! I have that game but didnt know that. I'll give it a shot.

#2452 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Nice! I have that game but didnt know that. I'll give it a shot.

When you are at car selection, press "+" and at the bottom at the box that opens you can select auto drive, auto throttle, and actually switch between joystick control and gyro.

#2453 4 years ago

Getting ready for Killer Queen Black

0F7D8EED-C8C5-4CD9-ABBD-D3440FF09933 (resized).jpeg0F7D8EED-C8C5-4CD9-ABBD-D3440FF09933 (resized).jpegDB5F1AAF-512B-43AA-8763-7E8139E7C1B0 (resized).jpegDB5F1AAF-512B-43AA-8763-7E8139E7C1B0 (resized).jpeg
#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Exactly this..... My lack of sleep usually wasn't kid related, it was Switch related. Once the kid was asleep, the smart parent would use that time to catch up on some sleep as well. The 14 year-old trapped in a 43 year-old man's body (myself) used that time to level up in Pokemon.... You can still look super tired in the morning and come out looking like an All-Star though.... My wife- "Thank you for staying up with the kid while I slept".... Myself -"You are lucky I enjoy being a dad so much, it really wasn't any trouble".....

This is funny.

I'm 46 and I can only get Switch time after 1030pm when my wife is asleep and the 14 y.o. and 12 y.o. are in bed and off of it.

#2455 4 years ago

I just bought Bastion for 2.99 yesterday. I didn’t check it today, but if it is still on sale, seems like a great deal.

#2456 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

A new Bubble Bobble game is coming soon

It's the same publisher than The Ninja Saviors, it could be good.

#2457 4 years ago

I did buy and play the goose game with the kids tonight. Worth it for the laughs alone (my 5 year old daughter was hyperventilating), but I don't think it would hold up much if I were playing on my own. The controls are a little tough... the damn goose doesn't want to track in one direction very well. I found myself picking up and dropping things consecutively while trying to work through some time-sensitive stuff since there's some delay from button press to action.

Fun, but felt a little monotonous after the first section. Get these items.. bug the shit out of this guy.. All good fun, but more like $5 fun than $15 fun.

Overall.... tomorrow I'm going to try and convince my kids to play some Mario kart, but I'm guessing there will be chants of "sil-ly goose! sil-ly goose! sil-ly goose!"

#2458 4 years ago

I did buy and play the goose game with the kids tonight. Worth it for the laughs alone (my 5 year old daughter was hyperventilating), but I don't think it would hold up much if I were playing on my own. The controls are a little tough... the damn goose doesn't want to track in one direction very well. I found myself picking up and dropping things consecutively while trying to work through some time-sensitive stuff since there's some delay from button press to action.
Fun, but felt a little monotonous after the first section. Get these items.. bug the shit out of this guy.. All good fun, but more like $5 fun than $15 fun.
Overall.... tomorrow I'm going to try and convince my kids to play some Mario kart, but I'm guessing there will be chants of "sil-ly goose! sil-ly goose! sil-ly goose!"

My experience was somewhat similar.... my 5 year old lost his mind with laughter.... that being said, I found the game incredibly difficult to figure out until I learned about the checklist of things you are supposed to do by pressing select. Then it was actually enjoyable. I will definitely spend more time on it.

#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Oh, and congrats on your first kid! There is nothing better/more satisfying in this world than being a father.

I’m at terrible twos....not a fan

#2460 4 years ago

On the last dungeon of links awakening. Jfc idk how you’d beat this without a guide of sorts. Awesome game

#2461 4 years ago

I was hoping to get a new entry in the great Mario and Luigi RPG series on the Switch, but Alpha Dream the developer just went bankrupt. I guess there wasn't as many fans of the genre that I thought there would be.

It's too bad, these were really among my favorite Mario games.

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I was hoping to get a new entry in the great Mario and Luigi RPG series on the Switch, but Alpha Dream the developer just went bankrupt. I guess there wasn't as many fans of the genre that I thought there would be.
It's too bad, these were really among my favorite Mario games.

ahh thats a bummer, I liked those games better than the paper mario series as the spiritual successor of Mario RPG

#2463 4 years ago

Finally picked up Cuphead as it's currently on sale for $16 in the Nintendo store. The game is tough but my 5 year old and I are having a blast playing it in co-op mode! I think this is one of the best and most addictive games on the Switch and seems like a bargain compared to full price games.

#2464 4 years ago

I have been playing Ori and the Blind Forest and absolutely love it. It’s very similar to Hollow Knight, which is another incredible game if you haven’t played it.

#2465 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Finally picked up Cuphead as it's currently on sale for $16 in the Nintendo store. The game is tough but my 5 year old and I are having a blast playing it in co-op mode! I think this is one of the best and most addictive games on the Switch and seems like a bargain compared to full price games.

It's such a great game, true masterpiece level. I had it on Xbox One, then got it on Switch. It's a tough but fair game, I ended up finishing it which felt very satisfying.

My best advice besides learning the patterns, is to use the right equipment on each boss, it changes the difficulty drastically and can make a painful time way easier.

#2466 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Your 5 year old is clearly more coordinated than mine.

#2467 4 years ago

I wouldn't feel bad. I've been gaming my whole life, and while I'm far from an expert level gamer he can legitimately beat me on most games. It's kind of embarrassing!

#2468 4 years ago

Quoted from MikeS:

I wouldn't feel bad. I've been gaming my whole life, and while I'm far from an expert level gamer he can legitimately beat me on most games. It's kind of embarrassing!

Just wait until they start teaming up on you..... Nothing sadder than getting my ass handed to me at Fortnite by three kids under 12. They really know how to make dad feel special by fighting over who is "stuck with dad".....

#2469 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Just wait until they start teaming up on you..... Nothing sadder than getting my ass handed to me at Fortnite by three kids under 12. They really know how to make dad feel special by fighting over who is "stuck with dad".....

Dad, want to help me beat this level on Super Meat Boy? (after trying a few times and failing). Nevermind, I'll just do it! The kid ended up beating that game on his own last week and it isn't easy.

I'm sure once the youngest two get old enough they'll be handing me my ass too. Kids and their great eyesight and super fast reflexes make it almost unfair.

#2470 4 years ago

Your 5 year olds are clearly more coordinated than me. I get smoked in this game.

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I have been playing Ori and the Blind Forest and absolutely love it. It’s very similar to Hollow Knight, which is another incredible game if you haven’t played it.

I have Ori on the PC and it is one of the best metroidvania type games I have ever played. Beautiful too. I would say it is closer to a mix between Hollow Knight and Celeste.

#2472 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have Ori on the PC and it is one of the best metroidvania type games I have ever played. Beautiful too. I would say it is closer to a mix between Hollow Knight and Celeste.

Definitely a beautiful game. Looks like it's more platform heavy vs combat heavy. I like some upgrade/weapons/magic combat type metroidvanias. Does it lean more on platforming?

#2473 4 years ago

It’s both and it’s very difficult.

#2474 4 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

It’s both and it’s very difficult.

yeah it is a good mix of both.

#2475 4 years ago

dang, Indivisible comes out tomorrow for every console but switch... and the switch release date isnt known yet. game looks awesome!

#2476 4 years ago

I love cheap sale games, and today Ultra Space Battle Brawl dropped from $14.99 to $1.49! There's even a demo to try if a buck fitty is too much to risk. It's basically Pong, but with funny/cool 16-bit style characters with special moves. Seems like something fun to play with friends!

Oooh, and I noticed Flame in the Flood is on sale for $5.24. I bought it way back when, but I love that game. Really cool survival mechanics, beautiful style, and great music.

#2477 4 years ago

Just finished Link's awakening. While I enjoyed it (probably a little early frustration from starting in hard mode), it's a little light in content for a $60 price tag. Fortunately I got it from my brothers BB gamer club membership but that was probably a little heavy still at $53. I feel it's probably more like a $39.99 game for the time/enjoyment I got from it.

I'm not comparing this to a PS4 game necessarily (just speaking about $ spent) but to see recent offerings that I just finished playing as well (like GOW and HZD) for $60 at the same price as LA, I just feel I need to get a little more for my Nintendo money.

#2478 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Just finished Link's awakening. While I enjoyed it (probably a little early frustration from starting in hard mode), it's a little light in content for a $60 price tag. Fortunately I got it from my brothers BB gamer club membership but that was probably a little heavy still at $53. I feel it's probably more like a $39.99 game for the time/enjoyment I got from it.
I'm not comparing this to a PS4 game necessarily (just speaking about $ spent) but to see recent offerings that I just finished playing as well (like GOW and HZD) for $60 at the same price as LA, I just feel I need to get a little more for my Nintendo money.

yeah, i am an insane zelda collector and was a little bummed at the price/value on this one. still enjoyed the heck out of it and had a few head scratching moments trying to remember/figure out a few puzzles. for example A Link Between Worlds on 3ds was cheaper on release and a bigger (much better) game.

#2479 4 years ago

While it was full price, it took me over 10hrs to beat, sooo the price vs time/enjoyment was a good value imo. However id you think it is over priced, wait until it is used or play the original on nes classic app on switch.

Well I think I’ll snag the ghostbusters remaster for switch to play before Luigi! I have a few plane flights coming up as well so it will be something fun

#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

yeah, i am an insane zelda collector and was a little bummed at the price/value on this one. still enjoyed the heck out of it and had a few head scratching moments trying to remember/figure out a few puzzles. for example A Link Between Worlds on 3ds was cheaper on release and a bigger (much better) game.

Nintendo usually prices by system, not by content. Games on 3DS are $40. Games on Switch are $60. That’s just how it go.

For some reason Captain Toad was $40 on Switch. One of the few exceptions.

#2481 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

While it was full price, it took me over 10hrs to beat, sooo the price vs time/enjoyment was a good value imo. However id you think it is over priced, wait until it is used or play the original on nes classic app on switch.
Well I think I’ll snag the ghostbusters remaster for switch to play before Luigi! I have a few plane flights coming up as well so it will be something fun

Unfortunately you can't asses the value until you've played it which usually means you've already bought it. I don't mind paying any price for things that are "worth it" to me (obviously with thousands of dollars worth of pins). I just usually look for about 20-40 hours worth of play for a game at $60. At least if it was a hell of an amazing 10 hours. In the end it was pretty fun and a nice scratch of the Zelda itch just not my full $53 worth. I might sell it as I'm not sure I'll keep it for any replay factor and I don't usually sell any of my games.

#2482 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nintendo usually prices by system, not by content. Games on 3DS are $40. Games on Switch are $60. That’s just how it go.
For some reason Captain Toad was $40 on Switch. One of the few exceptions.

yup, just agreeing with jarby that the game shouldnt be a $60 game is all.

whats interesting is almost all the first party games that have been out for alittle while are now $50 normal price at like walmart.

#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Unfortunately you can't asses the value until you've played it which usually means you've already bought it. I don't mind paying any price for things that are "worth it" to me (obviously with thousands of dollars worth of pins). I just usually look for about 20-40 hours worth of play for a game at $60. At least if it was a hell of an amazing 10 hours. In the end it was pretty fun and a nice scratch of the Zelda itch just not my full $53 worth. I might sell it as I'm not sure I'll keep it for any replay factor and I don't usually sell any of my games.

I mean you can google reviews before buying..it was a remaster from gameboy so you kind of knew what you were getting....

#2484 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I mean you can google reviews before buying..it was a remaster from gameboy so you kind of knew what you were getting....

Reviews I read were glowing, not that I really give much stock to reviews unless it's a landslide one direction or another. Either way $60 isn't going to break anyone here but everyone is entitled to feel whether it was money well spent or not and for me, I just didn't get my monies worth.

I didn't mention it but it's frighteningly drastic a difference if you are to compare BOTW to LA for the same price. That's my Nintendo to Nintendo, even Zelda to Zelda bang for my buck comparison.

Now to decide the next game to sink my teeth into... that is as soon as we finish binging Downton Abbey

#2485 4 years ago

Nintendo games hold their value, so if you buy physical & wanna get rid of it after finishing, you end up not paying too much for the experience.

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Reviews I read were glowing, not that I really give much stock to reviews unless it's a landslide one direction or another. Either way $60 isn't going to break anyone here but everyone is entitled to feel whether it was money well spent or not and for me, I just didn't get my monies worth.
I didn't mention it but it's frighteningly drastic a difference if you are to compare BOTW to LA for the same price. That's my Nintendo to Nintendo, even Zelda to Zelda bang for my buck comparison.
Now to decide the next game to sink my teeth into... that is as soon as we finish binging Downton Abbey

I don't disagree the game wasn't worth $60, but I knew going into it after reading and listening to a friend that bought it and knew I was kind of over paying. HOWEVER I never played the original so it was all new to me. I put BOTW back into my switch after I beat it and THAT game feels well worth over 60.

#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

started fire emblem three houses today, pretty great so far!

#2488 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nintendo games hold their value, so if you buy physical & wanna get rid of it after finishing, you end up not paying too much for the experience.

ya, you can resell them for good money. Unlike sports or call of duties

#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't disagree the game wasn't worth $60, but I knew going into it after reading and listening to a friend that bought it and knew I was kind of over paying. HOWEVER I never played the original so it was all new to me. I put BOTW back into my switch after I beat it and THAT game feels well worth over 60.

I have to imagine that by just blanket pricing every game at $60, some games subsidize others. I mean, the vast amount of money that went into making BOTW - it should maybe be a $200 game! Then you have games like Link's Awakening that maybe "should" be like $20 ...but, it will sell well at $60, and that all goes into the company and helps R&D on bigger stuff.

#2490 4 years ago

My first game for the NES in 1987 was $50. So paying $60 for a MUCH better game in 2019 is ok by me. We could have the same inflation prices as pins in videogames

#2491 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

My first game for the NES in 1987 was $50. So paying $60 for a MUCH better game in 2019 is ok by me. We could have the same inflation prices as pins in videogames

Since I stopped buying pins, spending $60 on video games seems like throwing pocket change around.

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Since I stopped buying pins, spending $60 on video games seems like throwing pocket change around.

No kidding. Video games keep getting cheaper and cheaper. I think it's only going to get cheaper as people try and come up with their own Xbox Game Pass alternatives. The biggest problem right now with video games is the time to production and cost, it feels like games either have to be AAA or small indie games, there's no inbetween. And lots of remakes right now.

#2493 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Haha, I'm in the same boat. My Nintendo and Pinball lives are suffering.

#2494 4 years ago

I love the old Portal games on PC and I really enjoyed Portal Bridge Constructor on the Switch. Any recommendations for similar games on the Switch?

#2495 4 years ago

Just about ready for action

B0EECB6D-8739-4718-8831-E8579E93B34D (resized).jpegB0EECB6D-8739-4718-8831-E8579E93B34D (resized).jpeg
#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just about ready for action[quoted image]

i almost forgot i have that preordered (killer queen black), looks like it comes out in a few days, sweet!

#2497 4 years ago

I didn't realize Divinity 2 is now out for the switch. If you guys are looking for a LONG tactical RPG, there probably isn't a better one than Divinity 2. It probably has the best turn based battle system I've ever played, unfortunately saddled with an inventory system and quest system from the 90's. You'll definitely have to look up solutions for this game, some of them are rather hidden and not obvious. I'm almost done with it on the Xbox one finally.

#2498 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I didn't realize Divinity 2 is now out for the switch. If you guys are looking for a LONG tactical RPG, there probably isn't a better one than Divinity 2. It probably has the best turn based battle system I've ever played, unfortunately saddled with an inventory system and quest system from the 90's. You'll definitely have to look up solutions for this game, some of them are rather hidden and not obvious. I'm almost done with it on the Xbox one finally.

You’ve described my hell.

#2499 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’ve described my hell.

Even though Divinity 2 is getting 95% ratings, I kind of think it's more like an 8 out of 10. It's a 10/10 battle system with a 6 out of 10 rpg part. I know the real hardcore people are like it's amazing to have something buried in an obscure place where you can only see it if your perception is high enough, but to me it's extremely frustrating to not be able to advance because I'm searching around forever not being to find stuff because it's actually not even there.

The books in the inventory are ridiculous. I think I have like 100 of them now. I can't tell which ones I need and which ones I don't, and I think the reading is screwed up sometimes (so you have to read them again) so I end up keeping them all just in case.

I also don't like that you can't grind at all in the game. The ONE GAME where battling is amazing, and the game prevents you from doing extra, lol. Whereas most games you have to grind because you have to.

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Even though Divinity 2 is getting 95% ratings, I kind of think it's more like an 8 out of 10. It's a 10/10 battle system with a 6 out of 10 rpg part. I know the real hardcore people are like it's amazing to have something buried in an obscure place where you can only see it if your perception is high enough, but to me it's extremely frustrating to not be able to advance because I'm searching around forever not being to find stuff because it's actually not even there.
The books in the inventory are ridiculous. I think I have like 100 of them now. I can't tell which ones I need and which ones I don't, and I think the reading is screwed up sometimes (so you have to read them again) so I end up keeping them all just in case.
I also don't like that you can't grind at all in the game. The ONE GAME where battling is amazing, and the game prevents you from doing extra, lol. Whereas most games you have to grind because you have to.

tenor-2.giftenor-2.gif
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.