2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,265 posts
  • 223 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by kingfishtr
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 259 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

881A0C13-CC88-45FA-85C9-3E5CB8890737 (resized).jpeg
0BE07796-4910-472F-AA9B-B2A0B6E16E6D (resized).jpeg
363E74EC-5BB7-46D8-8192-AB757994AAF2 (resized).jpeg
E046AC42-CD75-4681-94D4-84E672873883 (resized).jpeg
39A44D9A-0A01-40C9-858D-B910537BF27C (resized).jpeg
5D59B2BD-0A56-46CD-8F0A-B70A1928F903 (resized).jpeg
B5DA974C-C2D6-4C50-902F-EBE42AEA9142 (resized).jpeg
lonely-mountains-downhill-switch-hero (resized).jpg
acmc (resized).jpg
92D06873-45C2-4B2B-ADC4-57FBBD90691B.jpeg
17D3AE92-ECCC-4CB2-A585-4EF4F0D54ECA (resized).jpeg
687C6F11-ECE0-45A2-B4F9-81DE4852A529.jpeg
FA4E4AF6-3824-4456-9A78-C580565412B3.jpeg
A8E504C1-9606-45A2-9009-64CF91C013CA (resized).jpeg
20200428_220533 (resized).jpg
75E6454C-1867-4632-BB94-89592AF4701F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#469 2 years ago

I love the Switch for Nintendo and indies but sadly it will never compete when it comes to third party titles. I couldn't imagine it as your only console.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am good with just the Switch and my PC. Between those I don’t have time to play other systems anyways.

I should have said other system as that was my point, I can't imagine gaming on only a switch. I wish Nintendo would just make a proper gaming system that could try and compete with the other platforms.

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

They are competing very well with other systems. The big AAA games are not the only games people want to play. A lot of people want to play portable games. The 3ds has sold almost as well as the PS4. The Switch has already sold more units in the first 10 months than any other console has.
The last thing we need is another console similar to the PS4 and XBOne. That need is filled. I have a PS4 and a Switch. If I could only have one, I would keep the switch. I am glad that is not the case, as I enjoy the PS4 (mostly for VR), but I definitely spend more time with the switch. I don't think one console could do everything I want without compromises: VR, portable, hidef huge game worlds. With the switch, I get Nintendo games (which have always been enough to buy the system), and great looking and playing portable games. The PS4 gives me VR and High def games.
All of these consoles are in the price range of mods for pinball machines. I am happy buying the two consoles that meet my needs.

Not everyone can afford multiple consoles and if you can only choose one Nintendo would be a bad choice they just can't compete. Thinking the 3DS is anywhere close to the revenue of PS4 is pretty funny.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

The Nintendo Switch has now set records in the United States and Japan as the fastest-selling console in those two respective markets, beating even the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii in terms of early adoption. Nintendo’s AAA titles are world-beaters and can only be played on the Switch. Everyone has their own opinion but to say they can’t compete isn’t true. They are in a very strong position currently because they have a great device and great games to play on it.

Ah the early hype, how Nintendo loves to show how fast they come out of the gate. The Wii was a world beater too, remember how that ended.

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

The Wii sold 101.63 million units according to Wikipedia, placing it as the 5th best selling console in history.

The problem is selling hardware is not where the money is. It got destroyed in the market, everyone bought the hardware and no one bought any software. It was so bad they rushed the Wii-U and it also bombed. Everyone moved on to Sony and Microsoft. They have made some corrections and the Switch is an improvement. It is not a competitor in the market, yes the true hard core gamers have jumped in and bought it as an additional system. They need depth of software and they are a long way from that. I love Nintendo but I also understand the realities of the business and Nintendo's position in it.

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Nintendo is in a very strong position because they have multiple sources of revenue: the Switch and 3ds line of hardware and their corresponding accessories like the Pro Controller; first-party games like Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda (the 3 best-selling video games on amazon in 2017 - they also have 7 of the top 10), Splatoon, Arms and many more. They are starting a paid online subscription service in 2018 for $20 a year. Nintendo also sells Amiibos and other merchandise such as dolls and toys based on their beloved IP franchises, much like Disney does. They are in an enviable position because tens of millions of people adore their products. They also have a vault of dozens of classic games they haven’t even started to leverage on the Switch system yet. Just look how popular the NES Classic was last year. Can’t wait to play Bionic Commando on my Switch!

I'm not saying they are going broke, I'm just saying they have decided to play in the minor leagues and can not compete with the other major players in gaming. They do ok on hardware but the 3DS has terrible sell through with software. It's just a pirate box at this point. Switch is doing ok but its not even close to Sony or Microsoft and it will never have much for third party because it is a generation behind. Being the best selling game on Amazon is great but it is not a accurate view of the market. Direct consumer goods are monsters for the other platforms and Nintendo is just starting into that market.

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I've had a Nintendo console as my only gaming device for many years now (including the Wii U). I have been perfectly happy with that as (in my opinion) Nintendo games are always the most fun. I'm not constantly playing video games and I still have a bunch of games that I haven't even unwrapped yet.

A gamer from the UK and you only play on Switch trust me you are an insignificant minority. Nintendo is just a niche market, its a healthy market for them. All I said is I wish they would compete with the other platforms. The portability is cool and part of their niche, beyond that there is no reason to buy a third party game on Switch. It cost way more and you get way less. The Switch platform can not compete with the other gaming platforms. If all you want is Nintendo obviously it will fill that need. When it comes to the gaming industry Nintendo is no longer a major player they are a niche market.

#499 2 years ago

What did you guys think of Nintendo Direct?

#501 2 years ago

I'm interested in Tropical Freeze because I didn't get to play that on Wii U. I was hoping they might have dropped more from that catalogue. Not much else I'm excited about.

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I wish it had some more "new" games
Tropical freeze was awesome but i dont know if I would double dip cause I almost 100% it.
it's a tough platformer and lots of fun I totally recommend it. Plus killer soundtrack from David wise

I hear you, not much new at all. Even as far as recycled there are other Wii U games I would prefer, I was hoping they might release a few of them on the store.

#507 2 years ago

Your getting fooled by pretty graphs from game journalism. http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/
PS4 70,000,000 massive online community and sales channels.
Switch 10,000,000 virtually no online community and minimal sale channel.

My favorite part is how they projected an extra 4 million for switch.

#513 2 years ago

If they let Camelot go all in with the RPG elements they had in the single player campaigns in the GBA era I'm in. There is just not enough depth in Mario Tennis to hold me for a full price console title without it. Hopefully it delivers.

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

PS4 release 2013 VS switch 2017!
Of course the install base is lower for the time beeing.
But factor in huge 3DS install base & amiibo sales.
Projections of sales are essential if you run a business this huge and totally legit.
Just saying, these are not biased facts from fanboys but black and white numbers from analysts and game media outlets!
Anyway, i‘m having fun on both systems

Im a Nintendo fan I just accept the reality of the financial numbers.
https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-25-companies-game-revenues/
Look at them compared to the major players. Don’t look to a silly graph from an IGN story.

Just read a little closer and the source I posted isn't that great but if you look around you can get a good picture.

Full disclosure I do work in the industry.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Does anyone play FIFA 18? It seems all I've been playing lately is Doom and FIFA online. I love the Switch. It has completely revitalized my passion for console/portable gaming and it's a nice distraction from pinball.

It’s the game I work on, I don’t work directly on Switch as I’m on the Frostbite platform. Would have been nice to get that engine on Switch but it just wasn’t feasible. Great to hear your enjoying it.

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Good to hear I wanted to try that game but skipped it because of the negative reviews along with wwe 2k18, maybe I’ll give them a shot.

FIFA Switch is exactly what I have been trying to talk about. If you a hardcore FIFA player that typically games at home you are going to want it on one of the other platforms. That being said FIFA switch is still amazing and the best mobile sports game ever created.

I do make the game so obviously I have some bias and this is my personal opinion not me just saying this for EA.

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That's a sweet set up working for EA....they do well with their sports franchises. Have you heard any rumblings of getting a NHL game ported over to the Switch?? That may be tougher than a soccer game but that'd be fun online and portable. I'd love something pixelated from there 90's era.
Maybe Super Blood Hockey will makes its way over?!

I can’t talk about anything that may or not be coming in the future. I can say the NHL market is pretty small in the big picture.

#547 2 years ago

Damn that is pretty sweet, I hate that they suck me in with these novelties but it does work.

3 months later
#647 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zelda is amazing. It’s great in portable mode or docked and playing at home. Nostalgia helps, but the games stand on their own merit and no one else can touch them in terms of art direction, music, and pure gameplay.
I watched some “gameplay” video of the new God of War for PS4 since it’s getting tons of hype. I just don’t get it. At all. Hyper-realism has no “style”...the game seems to be non-stop cut scenes and talking. I could tell I’d be bored of it very quickly. Realistic skin & grass will never be as impressive to me as Nintendo’s whimsical approach to art direction, and non-stop talking will never be as engaging as great gameplay design.
If you like classic Nintendo IP, Mario Odyssey & Mario Kart 8 are must haves. If you wanna try newer IP, Splatoon 2 is phenomenal (I just passed the 345 hr mark on it lol), and if you like fighting games, ARMS is an incredible experience...fresh as hell.

Don't overlook GoW it's the real deal. There is actually not a single camera cut the entire game. It's technically and graphically a master piece. The story is seemlessly intertwined into the gameplay. You could not be more wrong about cut scenes and talking. Sure the art style is personal opinion but GoW is one of those landmark games and one of the best games ever created. It deserves the perfect 10s it's getting. So far it's every bit as good as Zelda.

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know it’s all ps4 graphics and no FMV, but in the gameplay video I was watching, it was almost non-stop talking and tons of cool action that isn’t player controlled. “Realistic movie wannabe games” just instantly put me to sleep. As much as I’ve tried, I can’t get past more than an hour or so of Uncharted, Infamous, Batman Arkham, etc. It’s just not a design philosophy that hooks me. I might finally bite on a PS4 for the new Spider-Man...it looks like it has some quicktimes, but looks to have enough of the type of action I like. I also want the Shadow of the Colossus remake & Gravity Rush 2 looks really cool.

I love my switch but game like GoW highlight some of the hardware shortcomings. You have to admit seeing loadings screens and subbar performance in BotW was disappointing. Still an amazing game and I loved every minute. The combat in GoW is amazingly good, it seems like the video you are watching is just a few cinematic moments. When you actually play it it's all strategy and gameplay. Every fight is a challenge and very satisfying the big moments are paced just right, they are not the norm they are spectacle moments. The acting and story are amazing and never interrupt the flow. At no time have I ever felt that I wasn't completely in control, it's not on on rails kind of game. Kind of game no gamer should miss.

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I admit nothing. BOTW is pure magic from start to finish & then some. It’s exactly what I want in a game. Loading only when warping and going into shrines. Doesn’t bother me at all. I can’t get thru an hour of most modern Xbox/PS games - yet I have 200 hrs on Zelda. This type of game speaks to me. Absolutely gorgeous from start to finish. I don’t see “shortcomings”, I see spectacular art direction, animation, world design, AI, sound design, etc. All iconic. When I see something like GOW, I just see “another mocap mannequin game” and “realistic skin...kinda impressive but kinda gross”.
As for the online, I’ve got 90 hrs online with ARMS and 345 hrs on Splatoon. Online is fine for me. Again, most aspects of modern gaming turn me off - so these are the only online games that appeal to me. I don’t want to hear people talking and yelling into a headset. I wanna crank up my spoons system and hear the great music and sound. Splatoon’s “Booyahs” and “This ways” are social enough for me.

You are clearly only a Nintendo gamer and that's fine. Your really going out of your way to try and make it seem like GoW is in some way bad or flawed. Zelda is a great game but it's kinda silly to just blow off other games because Nintendo didn't make them. You comparing apples to oranges, Zelda is not even in the same league technically to GoW.

#660 2 years ago

You should really play it because you clearly have not seen it and you basing your opinion of a some video that is clearly not a good representative of the game. Every game is a tech game and it's unfortunate Nintendo limits games because of the tech. There is no doubt BotW would have been better if it was not limited by the hardware. Games like GoW show what is possible in the industry. If you like BotW there should be nothing not to like about GoW. As I said art style is personal opinion but the actual game play in both is incredible. They are in the same genre of game and have very similar game design. You talking shit about it because it looks different.

#662 2 years ago

Ok this is just getting silly. I myself would love to play BotW in 4K HDR or at 60 FPS and done away with those ridiculous loading screens. No game is perfect, it was great but there will always be another landmark game and GoW is it. I'm not finished it yet but i've logged a lot of hours so I can't decide which is better yet but it's damn close. I'll let you get back to all things Switch. I am a software engineer in gaming so maybe I just see a lot more.

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

The new GoW is an open world design? If so, maybe I will finally pick up a PS4....

It is, it's not as completely open as Zelda that anything you can see you can climb and reach. It's an open world though, so much to do and so many side quests. You can spend hours just exploring. It has a central hub that connect realms. The main world you can just hop in a boat and go. Warp portals and boat docks all over the place. You do have to land at a dock and follow basic paths.

It has all the same type of things as Zelda, people ask you to get them things and give you rewards. Searching for ingredients to upgrade armour and weapons, maps to treasure. There is no food mechanic.

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Awesome, that does sound interesting. I will admit, when I first saw the trailers and gameplay videos, it looked a lot like Ryse, basically just a quicktime movie event game. But if this is actually zone driven (kinda open world), not on rails, with full player freedom, that sounds incredibly exciting and fresh for this game series. I have played a god of war since 2 came out on the PS2.

I am not a traditional God of War/Brawler fan. They were just button mashers to me, the new one is on a whole other level. There are a some quicktime events but they tend to be the very end of a big fight. When you make that last hit to knock their health to zero it kicks off a kinda quick time finale.

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You can already play this at 4K 60fps with Cemu and get an HDR effect with custom shaders, and greatly diminished loading times. You just need a nice PC to do it that honestly would probably not much more than a Switch, joycon grip, pro controller, and other accessories needed.
» YouTube video

I know this exist and do follow the scene. The recent switch hack could really be the death of an already very weak 3rd party support. As a SE in the industry though, I have a very look don't touch policy.

#706 2 years ago

Having the new virtual console as part of online could suck. Most subscription based services need you to be online to use. Nintendo is pretty brutal about this stuff, just look at Mario IOS.

2 weeks later
#849 2 years ago

Are you guys talking about the Ikuraga from 2001? Did they build a new one or just a port?

2 months later
#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Switch has a couple of amazing games. That's why I purchased it for my trip coming up; sadly I returned it. I felt like it was cheaply made & ran really hot. Went out & got a 3DS way better especially for it being less than half the price of the Switch. I'm much happier now & IMO God of War for PS4 is unbelievable & Spiderman for PS4 looks amazing. I love the nostalgia of Nintendo but I feel in recent years they rely more on gimmicks than actual a decent solid gaming console.

I can related to this, I loved Zelda and Mario, played a little Mario Kart with the my kids. Other than that it collects dust. Hoping they can drop something this Xmas. I wish they hard hardware that could compete with the big boys, maybe get a little 3rd party support.

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

There are over 900 games available on the switch now. It really doesn’t need to compete with a PS4. A few nintendo games, and hundreds of indies is all the switch needs. Triple A 3rd party games are just a bonus.

So many of those indies are already out and at a lower price. How many games are available on competing hardware? All 3rd party titles will be superior on other platforms. Is it so wrong to wish multi platform games were as good on Nintendo as they are on other platforms? I love Nintendo just wish they would get back in the game and out of this little niche market.

#1170 1 year ago

I'm down with the portability but the price is pretty rough, there are so many great handheld and mobile games that are dirt cheap. Pricing on Switch is pretty crazy what I want for my switch is big new Nintendo titles. Everything else is better and cheaper on other platforms. Octopath has me really tempted but $90 CDN for an old school RPG, I just can't do it. Metroid can't come soon enough.

The downside of the lesser horse power hardware is it creates a very real lack of interest on the development side.

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Octopath is amazing fwiw

As soon as it goes on sale or I can find it used I'll grab it. I have a long trip in Nov I'm sure I'll get my hands on it for the flights.

3 weeks later
#1272 1 year ago

I think this is related to the rampant piracy on switch. Right now they are banning hardware but you can take your account to another switch and everything is fine. Always seemed greedy to ban hardware. I get they are trying to make people go buy a new switch but the reality is they just get dumped on to the used market and innocent people get ripped off. Hopefully now they actually ban the people that are screwing things up. It makes no sense that you can cheat online and just buy a new switch and go right back online and play with that same account.

3 weeks later
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

It started with a major hardware vulnerability, related to the Tegra X1 processor that can't be fixed with a software update. So all current switch can be jailbroken. Nintendo has no other option but to launch a new version asap.
More infos here : https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3030823/nvidias-tegra-x1-flaw-allows-all-nintendo-switch-consoles-to-be-hacked

This is not entirely true, the vulnerability is already fixed in all currently for sale switches. They just couldn't fix switches already sold. New hardware has nothing to do with the vulnerability. You would have to be very luck to buy a new switch today that is hackable.

I won't upgrade but I wonder if Nintendo is going to go with a "Pro" version that has a little more horsepower. It's Nintendo so who knows but they did finally do it with the 3DS.

1 week later
#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I see they're going to re-release New Super Mario Bros U on Switch. Couldn't they have just made an all new version? I don't much care for their trend at re-releasing games I already bought... but I might have to get NSMBU again.

I generally hate the rehashed titles but since WiiU is the only Nintendo console I didn't own NSMBU, Super Mario 3D Land and Pikmin 3 get a pass. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker could get some money if they released them at a budget price.

1 month later
#1600 1 year ago
Quoted from jwo825:

FYI, Wal-Mart has a pricing error right now. They are selling Diablo 3 for $17 and Doom for $12. It's supposed to be the PS4 prices but they messed up. I saw this on Reddit, rushed down and was able to snag them both at those prices. If you're looking for either, beat the rush or the fix and get them!

Great info but this is one of the things that drives me nuts about Nintendo. Why do we have to pay so much more for games, it takes a pricing error to get the same product at the same price. Actually portability aside, the other console versions are typically better.

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Boooooo....get out of here you Nintendo hater!! Lol...just kidding. You are right, their game and system is pricey for sure. I like the switch alot so far but its definitely pricey. It has costed me alot of money so far to play Donkey Kong and Techmo Bowl. They should at least give us the original R.B.I. Baseball to play. I would be a happy camper if they did that!

I have no issue with the price of 1st and 2nd party titles, its the 3rd party ones that drive me crazy.

1 month later
#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

?!? really?!? sid meier's civilization is huge series that was originally pc based and then later converted to a few console platforms in its past iterations
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_(video_game)

Your avatar could not be more perfect for this response

2 weeks later
#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Metroid Prime 4 scrapped. Nintendo wasn't happy with the progress of the game.
Good news is that it will start up from scratch with original developer Retro making it!

This is good and bad, the original Metroid Prime is up there with the greatest of all time. That being said the two sequels showed steady declines, it kinda felt like they needed some new blood and Retro was getting fatigued with the franchise. This will mean a big delay which sucks. Hopefully Retro can find that magic again.

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's a interesting quandary. On one hand, most of the main engineers that worked on the Prime Trilogy are no longer at Retro. On the other hand, it allows for some fresh blood, while still having some of the Retro DNA there.

Yeah in the long run I think it will be great but I really want Nintendo to discover that magic studio that balances out their line up like Rare and Retro did. They just don't push out big titles fast enough for me.

1 week later
#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Hate to say it, but I'm selling my Switch. I've loved playing it and it's an awesome system, but just not enough time and my daughter hasn't been into it like I hoped... Before I leave the club, I would like to recommend Lumo - you may not have heard of it, but worth checking out for uniqueness and retro style. Isometric puzzle game. Also LA Noire is awesome on the Switch, especially if you've never played it. Same for Skyrim, which I can't ever stop playing. I thought Mario Odessey & Zelda were amazing, but just didn't grab me (and I'm a HUGE Zelda freak).
Above all, I highly highly highly recommend West of Loathing. If you have any interest in turn based RPGs and like to laugh, it is mind-blowing.
If Bethesda ever puts a remastered Fallout out on the switch, I will be back...
Here's my ebay listing for my collection if you don't have one yet! ebay.com link » Nintendo Switch Console Lot 6 Games 128gb Sd Mario Skyrim Nice Collection

You should probably add the the serial number of you switch or at least the first few digits, if its an older switch it could increase the value and demand significantly.

#1927 1 year ago

The early systems have a hardware flaw that makes them hackable that can not be repaired with software. Nintendo will ban them from online if you install switch games on them. So early release unbanned Switch is the hot item right now. I don't pirate games but the Switch is rocking the emulation scene. Most Nintendo fans have paid for games several times over by this point so I have no issue if people want to load up a Switch with every retro game they have owned. The N64 emulation is taking strides ride now and games are legit playable, 720p N64 on the go is pretty sweet.

1 week later
#1958 1 year ago

I don't mind the Zelda art style but I do not remember side scrolling moments with goombas that looks completely out of place and doesn't belong

1 week later
#1976 1 year ago

I finally finished New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, well I got every star except for Superstar World 8. I have to say it had some great moments but it was also way more frustrating than other Mario's. The number of traps, cheap death and forced slow downs just took all the flow out of it. The game design choices were just really odd, they clearly realized portions of the game would be super frustrating and not enjoyable, so they added the invincible character. To me that was just such a cop out, how about you actual adjust the level design. Also that green ? with the annoying as fuck sound for the Luigi guide. Where is the option to turn that off, the last thing I need when the game is most frustrating is the you suck alarm.

P.S. This actually looks pretty great and would make a killer pin.

3 weeks later
#2004 1 year ago

this makes me excited!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is the original any good worth a play?

1 week later
#2029 1 year ago

There is a lot of April Fools in that Nintendo Direct.

3 weeks later
#2105 1 year ago

The opening of BOTW is old school, you explore and learn. I can not stand the tutorial in every game these days that spoon feeds you like a toddler.

#2130 1 year ago

Man Switch is just going port crazy these days. Are they trying to break some kind of record with the most Final Fantasy and Resident Evil ports in the shortest time frame.

1 week later
#2146 1 year ago

It's cool that they are porting and remaking everything but the ratio is pretty tough to swallow. I just focus on new content and very very rarely will play a game a second time. Now they are remaking remakes. To be fair this version of Links Awakening looks pretty killer so they might get me again. I wonder how many systems it was playable on already, probably a handful.

#2148 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

They made two OG versions, the regular and DX for the GB color. Beyond that it has only been released on virtual console to my knowledge.

Probably GB, GBC, DS, 3DS, Wii, Switch, did the WiiU get virtual console I skipped that one. You could even play it on gamecube.

#2151 1 year ago

I have played Steamworld 1,2 as well as Cursed Kingdom. Dragons trap is just another port/remake. There is a lot of smaller titles on Switch but I’m not really in to indies. Nintendo is just so slow creating content. Since I skipped the Wii U I would be happy with Pikmin, shit I would take Twilight Princess but the endless Final Fantasies and Resident Evils, enough already.

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

So you only want games specifically for the Switch then? So Nintendo first party titles only?

Why else would you buy a Switch? If it’s a major release and has been available on other hardware I’ve probably played it already. Also the Switch version is going to be inferior. Yes I would love a steady stream of Nintendo titles and less remakes and ports.

#2157 1 year ago

No one makes first party titles at that pace. Takes at least a year to make a quality game. Closer to two. No ones figured out how to churn software out at that rate. Nintendo Sony Microsoft or any.
You should play more pinball and less video games.

Other hardware gets major titles from other parties, switch not so much. i love Nintendo but its pretty slow, when is the next major release? Plenty of companies put out several major games a year.

2 weeks later
#2167 12 months ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I just downloaded RE4 Friday. Having a great time with it! Lots of good memories.

I’m a little ashamed after complaining about all the ports but RE4 sucked me in. Great game but it’s weird that the opening village can be the hardest part.

1 week later
#2185 11 months ago

I've been thinking about firing up the original but wonder if it will spoil the remake. Anyone doing a GB run through before the Switch release?

#2196 11 months ago

Punch Out is a fav of mine, play it all the time. All the emulated versions seem pretty tough and it was hard enough on the NES. The arcade version is still my favorite. I can still easily beat the arcade version but it's been years since I beat the NES version.

#2216 11 months ago

Sadly sports games on Switch are just not a good investment. The hardware does not allow for parity so you get a lesser product and it doesn’t sell. The online community is also nowhere near parity and that is the driving force behind sports.

#2221 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Will Nintendo ever have the original RBI Baseball on the Switch you think? That's the greatest baseball game ever, i would love to be able to play it again.

I don't really know much about baseball video games. The licensing is pretty crazy and kinda killed the genre outside of Sony.

1 week later
#2230 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I read that it only runs at 30fps...I dunno, kinda turns me off for a side scroller, since all the classics ran at 60fps. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze runs at 60fps. Seems like 3rd party ports always have trouble optimizing frame rate.

It's its just a matter of horse power, sure games like Cuphead that are purely sprite based are going to be the same. That is a rarity though, anything 3D, with particle effects and shading is going to have concessions on switch. Especially now that games are updated for the X/Pro and those are what everyone is going to compare against. The Switch was a week late so they obviously put extra time on it and we still may get lucky with a patch. I still went for the Switch version, Metroidvania just feels at home on Nintendo. It won't be as bad as the internet makes it out to be.

#2237 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've always thought that having the steel book adds value to the game, but in reality no one is going to pay more for it than a game without one
Saves me a trip out to Best Buy when I have Amazon Prime and it gets delivered tomorrow. I can pick it up from my mailbox in my underwear. Can't do that at Best Buy
Plus I'm cheap and it's $32 on Amazon right now.

I'm the opposite I hate those steel books, they just look so weird on the shelf. I want the legit case and will not buy a steel book. I do wonder if some of the alternate or regional covers will be collectible one day.

#2242 11 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you still get the game in the regular retail packaging. the steel book is an additional bonus (at least it's always been that way so far with best buy and all of the switch games that I've gotten a steel book with
but tell me that you wouldn't want this steelbook that comes bundled with the eu limited edition release of link's awakening, (nintendo of europe kicks @ss again with their limited edition)
[quoted image]

You got me with that Zelda steel book, its awesome. The standard Best Buy steel books no thanks. That Bloodstained massively over sized switch case is hideous, well the art is nice folded open but I'm not a fan of the disk and cartridge holder.

2 weeks later
#2263 10 months ago

It's official, Switch Lite. They are being vague with battery life but it is supposed to be longer. I really hope they also drop the Switch Pro, with some real horsepower gains. I don't want them going away from home console to focus on portable.

#2269 10 months ago

The whole kids and 3D is just legal protection and silly science. There is no evidence that 3D images affect eye sight in any way its actually completely the opposite. The human brain starts to process multiple images into 3D representation from birth and does it every moment both eyes are open. Your already looking at 3D images all day everyday. They never took 3D out to protect the children, it was simple cost reduction. Its exactly the same with switch lite. They want a cheaper version for kids, no removable parts, less moving parts and lower price. That is why they took the hinge and the screen out of the 2DS. It makes total sense but I personally would pay more for more horsepower. This version is meant to be under the tree as an individual gift. With this one they are moving away from the, "its for the whole family". Now all your kids can have their own and they can sell multiple to each house hold.

#2277 10 months ago

The 3DS line has been dead since they announced the switch. Sure Nintendo does a little lips service now and then and says oh we have big plans for it. Those plans are to milk it for as long as possible while investing as little as possible. The only thing interesting is will Nintendo invest anything in the home console market going ahead. Sadly I think they are going to focus on the portable switch and by default games will be playable on TV as well. I'm still holding out hope they at least release a Switch Pro that is in the ball park of the current consoles when Sony and Microsoft drop the next generation. I wonder what will happen with this rumored online Zelda. I guess it all depends on how the market splits with the Switch Lite, if most people are playing 720p on the go I can't see them putting a lot of effort into a 1080p online Zelda experience.

#2287 10 months ago

First the Uncharted franchise is pretty much the crown jewel right now but Tombraider is similar style and very good give it a try. If you missed The Last Of Us it is another killer game from Naughty Dog. The new God of War is incredible as well.

#2290 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You seem to like the mo-cap skin & pores reality corpse games. Stick with PS4. Switch games are more about beautiful art direction, character design, and fun gameplay mechanics. BOTW is one of the best games ever made...but it looks like beautiful art, not reality with stiff doll people.

Nintendo does what it does well but there are plenty of graphical master pieces on PS4. Being a console fan boy just means your missing out. There is nothing on Switch that comes anywhere near what Naughty Dog has done. That being said there is nothing compared to BotW on Sony. There is no need to talk shit, it just makes it obvious you have never played an epic on another platform. Tell me this isn’t beautiful art.

#2296 10 months ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I forgot about those others. Yes I did Spiderman (and the 3 add on missions). Played Horizon Zero Dawn and that is artwork when you stand on a mountain or tower. The add on was meh. I do not like games like GOW. The jump around and do a bunch of certain kicks things bugs me. Never like the Mortal Kombat / Streetfighter games either.
Yes, Uncharted is like Tomb Raider. I played all of the original TR games back then.
Thanks everyone for the info.

The new GOW has significantly departed from the old games. Its not really an action heavy brawler anymore, it's much more of a cinematic adventure.

#2297 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think theres also been rumors that a more powerful Switch is in the works and could be released as early as December. I can see Nintendo offering a higher spec Switch that plays at 1080p in handheld mode (versus 720p today), comes with a higher quality screen, better D pad, and better battery life.

I think they may go the other way. Now that they have the lite they may make the pro more home use only and drop the screen. Sell the lite mobile only, the Pro home only, original Switch being the hybrid. If it has real horse power I would buy a home only pro but I don't need another mobile switch and prefer they put all the money into the specs.

#2298 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have a PS4, for the record. I have Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, GTA5. And no, I don’t consider those games beautiful art. They’re realism simulators, aiming for grass, leaves, skin and hair - not character design or art direction. They can be cool, but generally feel like tech over art. I think ARMS is more gorgeous than Spider-Man.

I didn't think much of Spider-Man or Horizon Zero Dawn, they both seemed average games that I couldn't play more than a couple of hours before losing interest. GTA is is what it is but its not a cinematic adventure or visual masterpiece its just everything under the sink all in one game. Right now I'm playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake and loving it, that kind of experience just can not be found on Switch it is fucking stunning in 4K HDR with a solid 60 FPS and the sound design is at another level as well.

Sorry for the three quotes in a row, didn't mean to hog the thread.

#2303 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thankfully there's something for everyone out there. I generally don't like realistic games, and I hate horror games. I like fun, colorful, beautiful music, and weird. I can't get anything like Splatoon, Mario Odyssey, Zelda, ARMS, Labo, Donkey Kong Country, etc on any other console. Nintendo's value is in their IP, style, and hardware concepts...not raw tech. IMO there's zero reason for them to be like the others...if you want mega-high tech skin 'n pores games, there are already multiple options...PC, Xbox, PS. If you want a system that can be played at home or on the go, with cool controller gimmicks & amazing 1st party exclusives (and 3rd party/indie support is pretty decent as well), Nintendo Switch is awesome.

You are such a fanboy no one is saying Nintendo doesn't do what they do better than anyone else. There is no need to talk shit about everything else. Some asked for some recommendations and people gave them.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I read that it only runs at 30fps...I dunno, kinda turns me off for a side scroller, since all the classics ran at 60fps. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze runs at 60fps. Seems like 3rd party ports always have trouble optimizing frame rate.

You yourself are disappointed with frame rates on Switch and BotW frame rate has serious issues. You never mention BotW has a frame rate in the 20s and can not make 1080p. You telling me you don't want this

#2306 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wasn’t talking shit. Guy said he likes realism games, and I said PS4 is for realism games.
I like 60fps for racing, shooting, fighting....BOTW’s framerate doesn’t bother me. It works with the art style & pace. It looks like a Miyazaki movie, and the framerate helps the cinematic animated nature of it.

LOL, come on you can't be serious, the 24 FPS of film does not work on a television. It only works in the cinema because of the way the light flashes through the film and it is a rock solid smooth 24. BotW does not have a 24 FPS frame rate, it tries to maintain 30 but can't so as soon as the action or visuals heat up the frame rate takes a dive. Nintendo has been putting a tonne of effort into it and it has gotten better with patches. That being said no one actually think a diving inconsistent frame rate looks good or is any way cinematic in nature. It also can't maintain a 1080p visual buffer so they render at 900p and stretch the image up to get it it to 1080p. No one thinks that makes it look good either. Nooo your not talking shit at all, LOL. I'll leave you guys to talk Switch games.

#2309 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is Switch Club, ya maniac! Go play your skin 'n pores corpse games that all look exactly the same.

さよーなら

1 month later
#2326 9 months ago

Any body double dip for the new Switch? This is a weird move for Nintendo especially with the exchange program. They are going to have to put the original switch on sale. Selling them at the same price is crazy. Also now the portable design Switch Lite is no longer that great at being portable. Is there any hope for a Switch Pro this feels like another step away from the home console market.

1 month later
#2383 8 months ago

Any one else playing Links Awakening, I only played an hour or so and sadly the frame rate is pretty unstable and the vignette blur is very weird. On a big screen it's kinda disorientating, it doesn't follow the rules of motion blur. Two areas that look the same distance away and one is super out of focus. In hand held mode its not as bad. I'm pretty disappointing because the graphic style looks amazing on my 65" but the blur gives me a headache. I'm hoping I'll get used to and learn to just focus on the middle of the screen. It looks so cool you can't help but look around though. I wish you could turn it off but the frame rate is already bad and I suspect the blur is to try and hide that.

#2384 8 months ago

Just so you guys know what I mean by vignette in this screen shot see how everything get more out of focus the farther you get from the center of the screen. When you running around and looking around everything goes out and in to focus as it gets closer and its weird. Also it gets more out of focus up and down than left and right so that also hurts the brain. See how the chicken is in focus on the left and the fox above is not, yet the chicken is twice as far away.
TLoZLA_ss_01 (resized).jpg

#2386 8 months ago

Yeah I didn't get to play very long just running around a little, hopefully its not as bad in the dungeons. Also playing in handheld with the small screen and seems fine.

#2391 8 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just played Links awakening for a few hours last night. Didn’t have unplayable frame rate issue, only time I really noticed it (handheld) was with the lake/swamp and the moving water. Loving the game!!! I never played the original so this is awesome

The framerate doesn't take away from the playability, its such a simple game more of a puzzler than an action game. Its just so disappointing to see it jugging as you move around the map or go in and out of anything. Its a major release from Nintendo and there is no excuse for a gameboy game to have a shit framerate on Switch. It just an issue of polish, and it is disappointing. I don't think anyone that doesn't consider themselves a gamer would even notice.

#2409 8 months ago

got to play a little zelda today in handheld mode
the frame drop/ slowdown and blur is kinda annoying for sure, definitely noticeable and shouldn't be in a $60 Nintendo first party game. if this was $40 like it shoulda been, I wouldnt be as bummed about it. enjoying the game for sure but cant believe they let that slide and didnt hear anything about it in the few reviews I checked out.

I initially thought it bothered me more on a big TV but I tried playing at night in bed and with tired eyes running around the overworld is brutal. I'm enjoying it but at the same time it's still just a gameboy game and I paid more for it than I did for Resident Evil 2.

#2415 8 months ago
Quoted from adol75:

Death Stranding is coming out soon, The Last of Us 2 is on its way soon. There are some blockbusters still on their way on ps4.

I know this is the switch thread but the new Last of Us 2 trailer is incredible. Naughty Dog is just on a whole other level.

#2418 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No pores ‘n hair mocap corpse talk in Switchland!

I knew before I even posted that you would be in here waving you finger in a matter of minutes. Did you sit front row in school and endless wave your hand in the air. Why do you incessantly police this thread like an 8 year old teachers pet?

#2420 8 months ago

The 3DS was such a great system, it kills me they never released an Advance Wars on it. I thought the Luigi Mansion franchise was a perfect match for the system and playing handheld, I liked it more on the 3DS than Gamecube. It never felt like a full console release, I guess going room to room was like the original game boy.

#2422 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why can't you recognize schtick for schtick?

surejan.w710.h473.2x (resized).jpg

Maybe its time for some new material.

#2438 8 months ago

Any one playing Untitled Goose Game it looks incredible.

#2441 8 months ago

I haven't tried it myself but its blowing up everywhere right now, I'll grab it tonight.

3 weeks later
#2523 7 months ago

I burned through Links Awakening pretty quickly, in the end it didn't feel like a console game there is just not enough depth or content. It was a masterpiece on Gameboy, it literally changed handheld gaming at the time. 26 Years later as a full price release on Switch it kinda felt like a cash grab. Nintendo sucks me in far to often but this is firmly in the should have bought used for half price camp for me. It's a super enjoyable romp through nostalgia but at that price point, with the graphic and performance issues it is just does not compete with what you get for that same money.

#2525 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Keep in mind anyone born in the 90's onward probably never had a Gameboy or played it...so, for most of Nintendo's demographic, it's a new game. There's no rule on what the length of a new game should be. Not every game can be 100+ hours. IMO a great short game is usually better than a mega long game. If a game is too long, I will most likely never play it again. Short and sweet...I'll revisit and enjoy the experience all over.

If you take away the nostalgia or never played it before its probably worth even less. It's charming in it's Nintendo factor but that is really all it brings to the table. I think it has two dungeons that I would consider clever the others are just a quick run through. The usual items and a trading side quest. We all know your taste just letting others know it's a good fun game at $30 but very mediocre at $60.

#2527 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well the nice thing is if you buy it physical, you can still prob sell it for $50 since Nintendo titles hold their value.
I thought it was cute, but it's not even close to one of my favorite top-down Zeldas...but I had a good time. It's all good.

If you can get $50 jump on it, I have seen several on the classifieds at work already for less. It's one of those titles everyone jumped on and everyone is hoping to get some of that money back. Physical version also has the worst performance, Nintendo is clearly focusing on the digital sales.

#2535 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well that's interesting...I hadn't heard that. Why would a physical version perform differently than digital? I've heard of loading time differences between physical vs. digital system memory vs. digital microSD, but never actual performance.

The frame rate issues are caused by memory access loading the assets. It runs best installed on internal flash. If you have a good SD it will run slightly worse on that. It has the most lag on a cheap SD or the cartridge. Its most noticeable when you transition between locations in the over world. The opening wave is laughably bad I can't believe anyone thought it was ok for the opening shot to chug like that. Sadly its another game that the hacking community has made serious improvement too, you can get rid of that horribly implemented tilt shift and do other tricks to make it run better.

I'm talking about framerate and memory performance. They game performs considerable worse on the cartridge.

#2537 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gotcha...so does the digital on the system version have the frame stutter at all? Does it just go away quicker?
(At this point I already finished the game, so it's not like I'm gonna rebuy it digital)

It still stutters but it doesn't drop as low or for as long. Its pretty common on that type of system the cartridges are super cheap and don't have ideal speeds. None of the other consoles actual run anything off media anymore, everything is copied over to an internal drive.

1 week later
#2560 7 months ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I could never finish the Windwaker, for the same reason I couldn't finish GTA5...long travels of nothingness, causing me to fall asleep while playing it, lol. I played it on gamecube before cell phones and when you had to sail long distances I would just fall asleep. GTA5 I felt like I was commuting to work, same pass out effect.

I completely agree with the travel times on the original Windwaker, I got through it but the sailing was ridiculous. Didn't they fix it in the HD version allowing you to warp or something. Once was enough for me so I never played the remake.

1 week later
#2587 6 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

did you enjoy chasing that stupid cat? I only have a few issues with the game, but they are pretty small for how great the game is.
some puzzle/chasing is almost too hard, the low life noise is annoying.

The controls are driving me a little nuts, motion controls are reversed but no way to invert look with the sticks, WTF Nintendo. I ended up going with turn only and using motion but I've been avoiding playing hoping they patch it. I don't mind motion control on TV but I hate it playing handheld.

#2591 6 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's really good to know. Thanks

The new Switch box is all red (above) and the old Switch has the white background (below). They are typically the same price and the new one is much improved.
New (resized).png

So stay away from this one
old (resized).png

#2607 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:Yeah I guess some people don’t care. I like the full feature set. Playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 right now and there’s a cool feature where the controller pulses more when you get close to hidden Boos. How do they let you know where the Boos are on Switch Lite?

There are visual clues, the vacuum shakes. This is a bit of a collectathon that you have to cover the same ground several times. I don’t mind backtracking to open new areas but just searching the same rooms over again is just artificially adding length. Do the gems and Boos reward you with anything? I’ve been getting them all on every floor but man it’s slowing things down.

1 week later
#2627 6 months ago

Luigi - but i've never been into Pokemon so somewhat lopsided opinion.
However no one is "unhappy" with Luigi......while fans are split on Pokemon because.................. reasons I don't understand........pokedex something something........hate/rant death threats to developers (seriously - dev's have been getting death threats and company morale is in the toilet apparently).

The whole death threat thing is just the nature of the beast, I know lots of guys that have had to suffer through some crazy shit. I doubt it would have any impact on the team, happens all the time. I guess it might be new for Pokemon but I suspect they have just as many lunatic fanatics as any big title. So far I've been lucky, I have had some really weird and awkward interactions but so far they have all remained positive.

1 week later
#2656 6 months ago

I tend to just give away all my old systems and games. It's funny though during the N64 era I was particularly poor and those games seemed crazy expensive so I kept that system and all my games. Gamecube I went right back to just giving away it all away again. I do still have my PS3 but the Xbox360 got donated. Did a quick search and not even the red blood gold Zelda seems to be worth anything, I guess I kept the wrong era.

#2698 5 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've owned my copy for about a year now. I haven't given it earnest gameplay, but it's also a game that I don't find myself wanting to load up either. I can't be the only one, right. What am I missing out on?

I'm with you I played it through till the end but it was pretty ho hum the entire way through. No real difficulty curve to speak off other than the old school platforming levels. No real discovery or magic as you uncover new worlds, it had a few moments but its no Mario 64. I would consider it for top ten 3D platformers. It's not even in the conversation of best games all time, in a word I would call it boring. I started out gathering every item but quickly lost interest I had to make an effort to play it to the end of the story and never touched it again.

#2714 5 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Alien Isolation any good on the switch?

The atmosphere is amazing, the gameplay is a complete chore, I didn't feel it was worth it at the bargain bin price I payed for it years ago. Can't imagine it would be worth it on switch.

1 month later
#2847 4 months ago

I finished Luigis Mansion over the holidays but it was a complete chore after about 1/2 to 2/3. There was a couple interesting settings but the gameplay is just so repetitive. I collected the stupid gems and boos and that was completely pointless as was the currency. It looked great but man it was a unrewarding grind.

1 month later
#2920 3 months ago

Golf Story is in the style of the Camelot GBA Mario Golf, it an retro RPG style golf game. Its really good as I thought the Camelot game was incredible, its on my all time list.

1 month later
#2957 65 days ago

I think its fair that Nintendo should have done more to hand hold players early on. I loved the way it opened but I totally understand it threw a lot of people off. Then you have the idiots that say it took them 10-20 hours to get past that initial section. I don't think they should have changed it to hold everyone's hand but did something like a add some enemies that force you in the direction you need to go after a certain amount of time. There is a tonne of feedback just like Gamer85 from people that never got far enough to even understand the game. It is such a masterpiece and I never had to grind.

#2960 65 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Not sure I agree. I think they could keep it in different games, like Pokemon. Like BOTW is the open world zelda, and they could still make a zelda game that plays old school, just with a different title. Similar to pokemon where the go types are the "easy handhold" and the main line game sword/shield keep the main feel going. I think zelda sold so well because the open world atmosphere. WHich is huge now, gta5, etc.

My point had nothing to do with the games style. What I meant by hand hold is just player engagement, every game has to make sure that as many people as possible get far enough to see what your game has to offer. BOTW clearly failed that for a percentage of players, the old school Zeldas have the same problem. Back in the day plenty of people got stumped right at the start of Ocarina and didn't crawl into the hole and find the sword. It's about making sure people get to the first epic moment. Twilight Princess had a bit of a grind at the start as well. Nintendo should have a helper that kicks in for those that get stuck. Back in the day Nintendo could get away with because people just stuck with it, today there are a million options people just walk away and never look back.

#2972 65 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

but they bought it :-p and sales were huge. What about too many games doing handholding? Part of the experience is to just explore and figure it out on your own, and again, I think botw did it well.

They also dumped it used quickly and that is something all gaming companies want to avoid. BOTW did well but telemetry doesn't lie and there was a significant percentage of users with the exact same sentiments as Gamer85. As I clearly stated I didn't believe they should hand hold everyone, but they should have detected the users that where just aimlessly wandering around the starting area and did something to crank up the engagement and push them forward. The rest of BOTW did a really good job with the dynamic AI and it was a nice even ramp until you started bitch slapping the Lynels. Then it pretty much fell apart.

#2975 65 days ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

I think this was mainly my problem. Most open world games will give you bit of direction at first and then let you go off. For me, it was a bit aimless, no information on weapons and such, so I was faced with enemies and no weapon at all. I still am not a fan of the weapons breaking like that... I still had the question of what to do when a weapon breaks and you dont have another one. Seemed the answer was just run away. So running away from enemies until I find a weapon that will break very shortly after and then having to repeat that cycle seemed not fun in the least.
Obviously from reading on here, seems i was playing it wrong I guess.

Yeah, if they detected uses that were kinda lost and kicked off a little mini mission, small quest that you had to do some little task and exchange for a half way decent weapon I think the game would have changed significantly. Nintendo is still kinda living in the old days that once you spent money on a game your were going to play it through. All that data is tracked and we know the exact percentage of players that played less than X minutes and those players have a almost no chance of buying the next iteration of the franchise or at best will buy it used. No company just goes, the game sold well that is all we care about, they study every lost user.

#2977 65 days ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Ugghhh, I sold my game and now im feeling that I need to give it another chance.
But first, I am going to play Link's Awakening. I love the visuals on that but hate the blur!

That blur drove me crazy too, but I did eventually get over it and enjoy the game. BOTW is the better game and once you get rolling you will spend way more time just adventuring, it really is a masterpiece. Link's Awakening is a really great gameboy game with a little polish sold at full console game price. You should be able to score it used for the right value. It was not worth the launch sticker price compared to other games of that price point.

#3067 58 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

Scroll down, read and scroll some more. Methinks you just bought their clone "sport" controller, and the actual ring fit game is not included either.

Me thinks he has a Switch of the Caribbean so just needs the controller but it doesn't make sense with his physical media comment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
£ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 124.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 28.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside