q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timtim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago

Wife got me a switch today

I'm a sucker for 3d marios takes me back to 3rd grade

Played a bit and not disappointed one bit.

But the 4 player on 3d world was nice

1 week later
#148 6 years ago

My buddy asked me what I thought about the switch, he's had it day 1.

First thing I said was the rumble is nuts. I remember the talk about HD Rumble but I can honestly say I'm impressed.

been loving the switch. I love how I can pull it out of the dock and its ready to play. Was nice to collect a few moons while waiting for the wife to get ready.

Think I have to break down and buy Mario kart. Not many games id double dip on but I freaking love mariokart8 on wii u

#177 6 years ago

If Doom was around 40 bucks I would be tempted to get it tomorrow.

I did snag Mario kart and damn I forgot how much I missed battle mode

at least la noire is 50, that's a little better, but I have no interest playing through that again

#276 6 years ago

anyone else get rocket league for switch?

I never played it on ps4 since i don't have PSPlus but damn that game is fun. ]

I suck but I'm getting the hang of it, I did get back to back goals last night. I was pumping my fist like an idiot last night, almost like if i really did something meaningful, glad my wife had work early and was already asleep.

the game does take me back to Excitebike 64's Soccer mode. What a underrated game when it came out... not sure if its aged well at all.

3 weeks later
#366 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Switch gets:
Bayonetta 1
Bayonetta 2
AND
Bayonetta 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
» YouTube video

bayonetta 3 such good news. Bayo2 was one of the few highlights of being a wii u owner

1 month later
#502 6 years ago

I wish it had some more "new" games

Tropical freeze was awesome but i dont know if I would double dip cause I almost 100% it.

it's a tough platformer and lots of fun I totally recommend it. Plus killer soundtrack from David wise

2 weeks later
#555 6 years ago

I haven't played my switch in a while but I'm loving all the shooters it has been getting(shmups)

very pumped about zero gunners 2 which came out last Thursday

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Everybody needs REZ

Thanks for spreading the word of REZ, Amen

pretty much the only reason i want a psvr

1 month later
#598 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

waiting has paid off! physical release of Sonic Mania (Sonic Mania Plus) with a bunch of bonus stuff! you can preorder on amazon and get it for $24 shipped! woohoo
https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/16/17131294/sonic-mania-plus-release-date-new-characters-encore-mode

glad I waited, I have all the sonics on Genesis and Mania on PS4 but I would love a physical copy. might have been my personal favorite of last year

#600 6 years ago

I love how the insert is reversible into a genesis case

1 month later
#815 5 years ago

Best buy is ending the gamers club

8 months later
#1964 5 years ago

Finally a battle royal I can win regularly.

And gave me a reason to buy the online service

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Wow, I guess I'm bad at Tetris.
Can anyone give a quick explanation of the 4 r-stick modes?

ko sends garbage to players close to topping out
attackers sends it to people attacking you
badges goes after most badges but that's probably at top level player
and random is that

plus if you are in handheld you can just touch which ever one you want to send garbage.

this is how much garbage is sent out. the number is lines sent

Single 0
Double 1
Triple 2
Tetris 4
T-Spin Single 2
T-Spin Double 4
T-Spin Triple 6
Back-to-Back Bonus +1

if I have a good bag of pieces at the start ill do a t-spin double to a t-spin triple and that sends a total of 11 lines

or perfect clear and send 7, I think.

There are different openings to use like chess

Sorry I play lots of tetris and know the ins and outs.

1 week later
#1978 5 years ago

It took me a long time for tspins to click.

Honestly I was playing mostly game boy tetris for the last few years. I had ppt on ps4, but it wasn't till tetris effect that I started to get my tspin-fu back.

It does make me laugh when people watch my streams and never seen a tspin before. It's like black magic to them, but after I explain the points you get, they start asking more questions. I have helped a few people's tetris skills grow.

But the most important thing is being able to see the spots to make a t shape hole, then the over hang is the easy part

#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oooph, Sorry!!! I love all 3...I find it weird that the games creator is always apologizing for 2 and 3. 2 was an amazing take on the original concept in a side scroller. Amazing graphics, color and music. 3 was a really good “3D” take on the original, with great animation & funny voices. I still love the character selection screen rap intros.
Too bad they didn’t just use 3’s engine and use cel shading for a more cartoony look instead of the Flash clipart thing.

man I thought I was the only person to play the 3rd one lol

only reason I got a xbox was for the sega exclusives

2 weeks later
#2006 5 years ago

I'm so pumped to finally play cuphead.

I love contra(I've beaten most of them) and animation. So this seems like a match in heaven.

This was the only xbox exclusive that I wanted

#2018 5 years ago

I beat ape out yesterday. I really enjoyed it for the 15 bucks.

Had a good difficulty through out and levels are randomly generated with some continuity in certain parts.

Great art and I'm a sucker for music that is tused to actions on screen

3 weeks later
#2063 5 years ago

Pumped to play cup head finally.

And my tetris 99 gold coins got me a decent discount

#2081 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Whoa, are you a mega expert? How many 1sts did you get?
I've been getting more lately than usual, but I just assumed that's because the mega experts got bored.

I had 21 bit didn't even play in the last one.

But cuphead is great. I'm loving the difficulty but I love hard games

2 months later
#2267 4 years ago

I would miss the rumble the most as weird as that sounds.

2 months later
#2444 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I believe the Switch was specifically made for Dads with newborns....LOL.... You can play a Switch with a kid passed out in your lap... or so I am told.

Lol just had our first last Thursday.
I can confirm it does. When the wife and baby slept, I was playing links awakening in the hospital lol.

Had dx when I got a gbc as a kid, great remake, yes frame drops happen and it should be 40 bucks. But I'm pretty close to the end and had a great time.

2 months later
#2780 4 years ago

Most hours are just tetris lol
But I did play those other 2 a lot

Screenshot_2019-12-26-20-03-44 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-12-26-20-03-44 (resized).png
4 months later
#3201 3 years ago

I have no idea why I waited so long to get a flip grip. So worth 12 bucks

20200428_220533 (resized).jpg20200428_220533 (resized).jpg
#3205 3 years ago

Yep and it's great for the pinball games, except stern arcade doesn't flip the right way, at least that's what I've heard.
The fx3 and demon's tilt are great.

1 week later
#3226 3 years ago

Been loving streets of rage 4, and it plays wonderfully on the switch.

#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

UGHHHHHHHH my LRG physical needs to ship!!! i'm sooooo excited to play this. I have countless hours of SoR2 and 3 on genesis growing up. I remember being hyped for fighting force on ps1 and I also have the final fight arcade1up. However SoR4 has coop online...soooo pumped. I just wish it was cross platform coop

You'll feel right at home, my two buddies that lived on my street and I played the hell out of them growing up.

I still play them now lol spent so much time trying to beat 3.

Was pretty cool cause the one friend I still talk to and we both collect games. We got to play it online together, a little different than when I was 7 but fun and kind of nostalgic.

2 months later
#3328 3 years ago

I bet they call it the Switch U

1 week later
#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone here play Deadly Premonition? I've been hearing about how it's a good game and a lot of thought went into it, but that it is plagued by bugs and bad mechanics, but still worth the play for the story.

I actually really enjoyed it, but I also like playing bad games from time to time. It's weird as all hell, but it has that so bad it's good thing going for it.

It is a game from 2009 or something like that, but it does have a lot of things going on and is kind of ambitious for what it does. It's a quirky and has charm throughout.

But it is not everyones cup of tea for sure.

1 month later
#3412 3 years ago

Waited on a translation for like 20 years, finally been able to play this gem in English. Thank you Switch, sega port segagaga on this and I can die happy.

20200827_115759 (resized).jpg20200827_115759 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#3635 3 years ago

Happy to get this in the mail today. Switch has became my shooter system, got a tv in tate just for it and the ps4.

But when they made a new Aleste for the collection I had to grab a copy, didn’t know it came with a book.

733DF31E-E527-468C-8F56-C2672734E6E0 (resized).jpeg733DF31E-E527-468C-8F56-C2672734E6E0 (resized).jpeg
#3641 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

damn those games have shot up crazy. wish i woulda known about ESP Ra.De. Psi on its release date! not dropping that much coin on it now lol

Amazon Japan is your friend. ESP was on sale. Everywhere else was a premium even double.
Shipped Monday, and got it Tuesday. Dhl standard is nuts

#3645 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I got the ps4 Aleste box set, but only because I found it cheaper than I was seeing the switch version. The box set comes with a white special edition Game Gear Micro with some Game Gear and SMS Aleste games on it. It's a fun novelty item.

I want that game gear micro but I’m cheap AKA had other games I needed to buy

But the rumor is they might make a run of gg aleste 3 on game gear cartridges. I’ll have to double dip then.

4 months later
#3811 2 years ago

I think the thing that got me the most excited was the 3 Cave shooters coming. Mushihimesama is up on the eshop now.
This was in the Japanese direct, but game is out here.

Love warioware, not sure how I feel about the gameplay in this one but I’ll still get it like every other Wario game.

4 months later
#4077 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:My launch day switch for sale. Decals can be easily removed. Great condition. Screen protector since day one. Comes with normal pack in stuff from the box.
$200 shipped to the US
Also anybody selling Dragons Dogma for the Switch? I missed it at Best Buy for $8
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6b5c7dbc4a842a1010c8e526958cdf3df99311a1-1636119947-1800"};
//]]>

Stuff for sale or trade as well: Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Pokémon Shield, Ni No Kuni, Captain Toads Treasure Tracker. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My buddy traded his day 1 switch to GameStop like 2 weeks ago. He got 260, if you don’t get a buyer.

2 months later
#4144 2 years ago

Link’s crossbow training. Drops mic.

#4170 2 years ago

I’d think at this point the next Nintendo system will be 4K but it will be backwards compatible with switch games.

1 year later
#4294 11 months ago

Everyone forget about links awakening. Lol
For the multiple Zelda talk.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timtim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=timtim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.