q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

How many moons does everyone have? I'm at Bowser's castle on the moon and only have 112.

Around 325 right now. There is so much game after the story is done. Such a great title. On a side note I finally managed to figure out some of the more complex jumps

https://twitter.com/B_Pennington/status/928084910258110464

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks like butt bounce jump, hat throw, another butt bounce jump then a bounce off the hat, then wall jump, hat throw, and dive! Phew!!!

More or less this.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There are even more really fun games.
Zelda, tons of indie games, and even more coming out this month!

Do not overlook Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Probably my overall favorite game on the system, and yes that includes BotW and SMO.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Just looked it up. Is it like the XCOM series?
Edit: looks like a yes, so adding this to my want list along with Zelda. If anyone wants Ultra SF II or RBI Baseball, or pinball parts, lemme know!

Yeah, very much like XCOM. A lot of people call it XCOM Lite, and while that is accurate in some areas, the strategy is just as deep IMO. The damage system and unit/weapon types are obviously more limited. If you like XCOM I can't imagine not liking it.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Also looked it up. Looks super interesting. Never played xcom but am super into turn based games like FFT, dragon warrior, chrono trigger, etc...... What would you compaired it to for older games?

FFT isn't terribly different other than this is a cover shooter. So the use of cover is paramount to winning.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, I'm at like 135 after last night with my 5th world not sucked dry of extra 'easy' moons yet. No spoilers needed, but I'm having a hard time fathoming that this game still has like 800 moons lying around. Doing some simple math, either the later worlds are stupendously massive in size (2x Tostarena size) or there's an awful lot of them.
some of the advanced jumping tricks required to get to some of these things is beyond ludicrous. Props to the design team for making things that are difficult but achievable... I just have to wonder if *I'll* ever 'get gud' enough to get to them all. =\</blockquote

it makes more sense after you complete the story.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

but they do power up the Odyssey.

you do what is fun for you.

#262 6 years ago

Another vote for the pro controller. Probably the most comfortable controller I have ever used. I even prefer it to the Xbone.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It might be lost on me. I've been playing games since the Apple II days, and really like RPG's like Baldur's Gate II, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Divinity, etc. so I think I've gotten so used to games with stories that when they don't have one I just have a hard time staying motivated to play it. It's like asking me to watch a 100 hour movie where I know the ending with almost no voice acting, at least with the other games I didn't really know what was going to happen so there was this anticipation of story to keep me going. Finding a shrine for the sake of finding a shrine isn't super motivating, especially when you about fall asleep trying to run around finding them, lol.

I just think maybe it isn't for you. I personally think BotW was one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had and I have been playing since the Apple II days as well

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’m hearing Rocket league has some great online play with friends (menu and function wise)

Yup, just got done playing some online with TSSKINNE and it works great.

#301 6 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Getting my 10 year old daughter a Switch for Christmas. Looking for game recommendations? I figured Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart would be the first two games I would buy. Not sure what to get after that? Zelda, or is that too much for a 10 year old?

My daughter is 9 and she loves Splatoon, Arms and Mario Kart. She actually really liked Mario + Rabbids as well.

1 week later
#315 6 years ago

I picked up the two Lego games for my daughter as they were both $20 each.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Flip Wars looked interesting but had some issues at launch, it may have been fixed by now.
Edit: I just read some reviews and they are pretty awful. Maybe Overcooked would be a better plan for some local multiplayer fun.

Overcooked is super fun for couch co-op. Had my brothers-in-law over right after it came out and we played it for hours, laughing the entire time.

#360 6 years ago

Two of my brother-in-laws came over last night to game and brought their Xbox and games for us to play. We spent the entire evening playing a little bit of Rocket League and 4 hours of Worms W.M.D. on the Swtich

1 week later
#376 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Does anyone have worms wmd yet?

I do. One of the best local multiplayer games on the system IMO.

1 week later
#404 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Google "Nintendo eshop" and you'll find it. You'll also find that selection for those older games is really poor at the moment. Too bad as I'm looking to own the older Zelda and Mario games on my account forever, and not just on the game device I currently own.

Virtual Console is said to be coming to the switch but nobody knows when. They seem to be releasing the arcade VS games but those are stand alone. Only vs Mario Bros. And VS Super Mario Bros are out so far.

#408 6 years ago

Rayman Legends is 33% off in the eshop right now. Fantastic platformer.

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

How does the little bug guy work on the Switch? On the Wii-U you controlled him with stylus on the tablet, manipulating the environment quickly while other players play on the tv. Was that migrated successfully or axed in this version? Rayman Legends was one of very few games where I found the tablet on the Wii-U to actually be well integrated into the game instead of a throwaway gimmick.

Dunno, I never played it on the WiiU. When you are playing by yourself you have an action button for him to interact with things. Not totally automatic, but sort of. Still fun.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Would love to see a Metroid pinball game someday. Theme lends itself well to pinball.
Maybe when Metroid Prime 4 comes out.....

https://www.loveroms.com/download/nintendo-ds/0142-metroid-prime-pinball-u/44876

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just bought riptide renegade as it’s 50% off, and I’m a big fan of vector unit and Hydro thunder. So far the game is pretty good, obviously not a boat racing but still plays nice, gets pretty hard!

A new Waverace game from Nintendo would be very welcome. The original Gamecube game still holds up pretty well as far as playability.

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

my kid got splatoon 2 for xmas, cool game, but I was very surprised to see there is no local multiplayer. that's really weak....

yup.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I've been playing Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle and really enjoying it! Didn't think it'd be my kind of game but it's grown on me and charmed me a lot. If you think it could interest you give it a chance you'd be surprised how entertaining and addicting it is.

Definitely one of my favorite games on the system.

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Anything that can be defeated with a shield can't be too tough.

Yup, once you learn to parry their attacks they are easy.

Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

also, i'd like to highly recommend STEAMWORLD DIG 2 on the switch. Its a downloadable game, it comes up for sale sometimes for $14.99. kinda reminds me of a steam punk dig dug with cool upgrades and gadgets.

Steamworld Dig 2 is a fantastic 'Metroidvania' style game.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I love the Switch for Nintendo and indies but sadly it will never compete when it comes to third party titles. I couldn't imagine it as your only console.

I am good with just the Switch and my PC. Between those I don’t have time to play other systems anyways.

1 week later
#540 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I just bought one?

Said sold out when I went to buy it earlier.

2 weeks later
#568 6 years ago

Another recommendation for Celeste. Such an incredible game.

4 weeks later
#584 6 years ago

Bayonetta is bonkers. I think the developers love cocaine

1 week later
#592 6 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Celeste is a great game if anyone is on the fence about it.

Celeste might be the best pure platformer I have ever played. So good.

2 months later
#813 5 years ago

For those that haven’t played it Hyrule Warriors is a good time. Much more to it than it seems on the surface.

#816 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't decided if I like it or not. I like the fan-service and all the Zelda-isness about it....but I find it VERY confusing to know what I should be paying attention to when there's so much going on on-screen & constant messages & all the shit on the map. The action also has this sort of hollow/too-fast/spazzy feel of series I do not like such as Ninja Gaiden & Devil May Cry. I'm gonna keep with it though, see if it clicks. If not, I have a buttload of games to play still!

You might try adventure mode if you haven’t yet. It is a bit slower paced and hits the Zelda fan service a bit harder.

It is really more of a strategy game at heart with a lot of flashy action.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#959 5 years ago

I didn't like motion aiming at first but after 50+ hours using it, I am sold. I try to play other FPS games now with the standard controls and find it frustrating now. I still prefer mouse and keyboard, but on a console I want motion aiming.

3 weeks later
#1016 5 years ago

I have Battle Chasers Nightwar for $25 if anybody is interested. Would mind trading towards Mario Tennis, Donky Kong, Kirby or something else maybe.

#1051 5 years ago

I had Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker show up today. Very charming puzzle type game. I like it.

3 weeks later
#1127 5 years ago

Smash just keeps getting bigger

1 week later
#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Switch has a couple of amazing games. That's why I purchased it for my trip coming up; sadly I returned it. I felt like it was cheaply made &amp; ran really hot. Went out &amp; got a 3DS way better especially for it being less than half the price of the Switch. I'm much happier now &amp; IMO God of War for PS4 is unbelievable &amp; Spiderman for PS4 looks amazing. I love the nostalgia of Nintendo but I feel in recent years they rely more on gimmicks than actual a decent solid gaming console.

k.

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Diablo 3 almost conformed?! This year? Ugh I just fired Starcraft 2 back up on pc,...I’m back in blizzard Diablo/wc/sc love

SC2 is as good as it has ever been. I love the Co-op commander modes a lot. Blizzard is my favorite game company by far and I don't even play WoW

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

You missed out big time. SC2 was one of the best games in recent memory. Well worth the cash. Same for D3 and its expansion.
I'm waiting for another Warcraft 3 type game

SC2 is free to play now. I think the entire Wings of Liberty campaign is free. If you of you haven't played it you should.

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Non hd sc1 is free and Terran sc2 online/campaign ya! My coworkers all got the free sc2, and we play on lunch break.
I never played diablo 3 on console, I hope it isn’t to hard to control?

it takes some getting used to but works well enough.

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yoku’s Island Express is on sale on the eShop for $11.99!!! Sweeeeet!!!

I need to get back in and play that some more.

#1220 5 years ago

I have jumped back into Shovel Knight after a long break. The Treasure Trove is such a great value and with the new content announced this week it becomes an even better value.

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Axiom Verge is half price in the eshop. It is a lot like Metroid. In that I mean that I also have no idea what I am doing in this game. lol

I have heard good things. On that note I picked up Dead Cells after listening to a podcast where they talked about it. It is incredible. That is all.

2 weeks later
#1299 5 years ago

Dead Cells is still consuming 99% of my time on the Swtich. Such an amazing game. Into the Breach is the other 1%

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I’m having a hard time getting into dead cells. Great fluid combat and music. Also, a neat idea... but the starting over thing drives me nuts!!

Rouge like games may not be for you then. I personally love them. The possibility of everything coming together for a run keeps me going. Unlocking new blue prints and abilities is a drive for me too. I have several rouge like games on the switch already but this one is my favorite.

Binding of Isaac
Enter the Gungeon
Dead Cells
Into the Breach

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Rogue Legacy and Risk of Rain are fantastic for the PS4.

I have Rouge Legacy on the PC. It is a good one and very tough.

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I initially hated them, partially because I hated the term (I had never heard of Rogue and now every f-king game on the eShop is roguelike or roguelite lol), and partially because I love great level design and though the idea of randomly generated levels was stupid. I’ve come around though, as I’ve found a few of these games massively addicting &amp; they seem to have more replay incentive than “normal” games. I hated Isaac, tho lol. I love:
Flame in the Flood
Enter the Gungeon
Flint Hook
I’m sure I’ll try Dead Cells once my backlog is a bit less huge or when it goes on sale (that’s my weak point and why my backlog grows).

I have Flame in the Flood on my PC that I got free through Twitch Prime. I need to try it out. Flint Hook is on my want list.

I hated Isaac at first and regretted buying it. It could benefit from some explanations of what stuff does that you pick up, but once I looked up a few things it made a lot more sense. I definitely like Dead Cells more. I really, really wanted to like Enter the Gungeon more than Isaac, but I just couldn't get into it as much. Maybe b/c I suck at bullet hell games

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just thought it was worth mentioning the new NES online functionality for Switch seems pretty awesome, also worth mentioning I stomped gov in Techmo Bowl last night while we were testing it out!

I am blaming lag!!!!

#1377 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Binding of Isaac and Cave Story + are both half off today.
These are both fun but expensive switch games, so a great deal at this point. I paid $40 for Isaac when it came out, and have played it more than most of my games (although I am still absolutely terrible at it).

Yup I have physical copies of both of those games and don't regret it. Definitely worth the price IMO.

#1385 5 years ago

I picked up Old School Musical for the heck of it and it is so funny and fun. Really neat concept and every call back to the classic console games makes me smile. Great chip tune soundtrack too.

#1391 5 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

I D/L "The Way" over the weekend and you cannot beat it for $2.99. Never player it before but its a lot of fun.

Agreed. Fun game especially for the price.

#1394 5 years ago

I have a physical copy of binding of Isaac and Cave Story+ I will sell for what they are on sale for right now. $25 for both + shipping. I would rather have the digital versions.

2 weeks later
#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I seen there was a review for it on the 3DS but its suppose to be on the Switch also i think? Ive never played Luigis Mansion before but it looks like maybe it could be fun?

Luigi's mansion 3 is coming to the Switch next year. It is an all new game. The 3DS now has the first 2 games and they are both very fun.

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I generally hate the rehashed titles but since WiiU is the only Nintendo console I didn't own NSMBU, Super Mario 3D Land and Pikmin 3 get a pass. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker could get some money if they released them at a budget price.

Same, these releases are for those of use that didn't buy a WiiU. I am happy for that.

1 week later
#1539 5 years ago

I honestly didn't know Dark Souls was a rogue like. Might actually give it a shot. Love me some rogue like action.

1 week later
#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've only played it on release on PC, it handles very well on console!

I am very pleasantly surprised at how well the controls translate to the console. Inventory is a bit cumbersome, but overall I am very happy to be able to play Diablo 3 on the go.

1 week later
#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Been playing Diablo III with gov
He has been playing the game for years, but it is my first foray into the series. I am enjoying it very much so far, and without a Switch I wouldn't have likely ever played the series. I picked up RDR2 for my xbox but haven't touched it since the first night, just something about the Swtich that makes gaming more fun for me it seems. Can't wait for the new Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

yup, it has been a good time. It is my first time playing Diablo III on a console and I am seriously impressed with how well the controls translate from a mouse and keyboard game.

1 week later
#1583 5 years ago

Mario vs Rabbids is $24 on the eShop right now. Fantastic game at a great price. Tons of other titles on sale as well. Enter the Gungeon is $7.50.

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How good is super mario odyssey? I like games like donkey kong tropical freeze but for some reason when i look at the mario odyssey game it seems very kiddish. I mean i realize its for kids but is it also fun for adults? I dont want it if its for a 5 year old. Im not being a dick either, seriously wanting to know if adults can like this game also. Amazon has it for 43 dollars right now i noticed.

Have you played any Mario games, b/c it doesn't seem like it from that statement/question. I have never really considered Mario games for 'kids' any more than any other video game.

It is a very fun game and while completing the main game isn't super difficult, collecting all of the stars is very difficult.

#1628 5 years ago

There are many games that are censored on systems like the PS4 and are not censored on their Switch counterparts. Nintendo isn't afraid of mature content on their devices, they just happen to have a wide variety and most of their 1st party stuff has a certain look to it that seems 'kid' oriented, but that is just their style.

1 week later
#1675 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Got my Flip Grip today! It’s great for vertical games like pinball and old arcade games. $12.[quoted image]

Nice I hope I get mine soon. More for Ikaruga than anything.

#1691 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have a question about Nintendo Online. Can I share one individual membership if both my kids will be playing on the same Switch, or do I need to purchase a family membership? They want to be able to each go online and play games using their own profile.

If they all have their own profiles you will need the family play if they plan on playing online with their own profiles.

#1693 5 years ago

I am loving Smash right now. I haven't played since Melee and it is bringing back all of the feels. Just sitting here grinding out unlocks all evening and listening to music. Pretty good way to spend a gloomy cold Friday night :p

1 week later
#1748 5 years ago

I think it is fair to say you guys don’t like the same kinds of games. I happen to love both games. Everyone is different.

That said I already have 50 hours in Smash Ultimate...

#1798 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

This is worth repeating. The app makes it sound like you get 27 machines for $1. What it really means is that you can unlock 27 'retro' versions of other tables provided you already own them in their original form.
The app is pretty cool, and at least lets you give the machines a play before purchasing, but that sale is disingenuous at best.

This company is kind of shady to say the least. On the iPad version of the their app I had bought maybe 10-12 tables that I enjoyed. Then they came out with their upgraded version of the app, which really just was a menu redesign. After that I lost all of my purchases. After several phone calls and emails with their response essentially being "*shrug* don't know what to tell you", I decided to not bother with them anymore.

#1807 5 years ago

http://www.8bitdo.com/gbros/

I have one of these I use with an original Gamecube controller and it works perfectly. I am very happy with it and at $20, it is a good price point.

#1819 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I KNOW that Mr. Nintendo is reading this thread and I IMPLORE him to add Skyward Sword to the eshop so that I don't have to buy a Wii U to play a missed Zelda game. Please Mr. Nintendo!!

There are many games from the last two generations I would like to see on Switch. I never owned a Wii or WiiU.

#1825 5 years ago

Hollow knight is on sale for $10. I haven't played it yet, but it gets pretty great reviews.

I have it on PC. Excellent game.

#1829 5 years ago

I finally beat the single player World of Light campaign in Smash Ultimate. I really wasn't expecting 50 hours of content from the single player of a Smash game, but I really enjoyed it. You could do if faster but I wanted to clear every spirit battle.

Love this game.

#1843 5 years ago

Agree that the GC controller is the best way to play Smash, but not necessary by any means. It is obvious the default controls were made with that controller in mind.

#1847 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t get it. All the buttons are right next to each other. Why is it harder to move your thumb?
I’ve never quite understood Smash’s controls in general. In order to play OK, I change it so B is jump &amp; Y is attack, as that feels more like traditional action/platformer controls.

People like what they like.

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Everyone who loves VR tried to pitch it with religious fervor.

Kinda like you and Splatoon 2

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

What is the best arcade style stick for the Switch, regardless of price?

don't know if it is the best but the n30 from 8bitdo is great. http://www.8bitdo.com/n30-arcade-stick/

Bluetooth rechargeable.

Works with the PC too.

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Have some spare games from my collection that i could thin out if anyone is interested. we can work something out over pm. usually use www.pricecharting.com as a price guideline.
1: Octopath Travelers Wayfayers Collectors Edition - Sealed
2: Mega Man 11 GameStop exclusive Amiibo Edition - Sealed
3: Snake Pass Limited Physical Release from Super Rare Games - Sealed
4: Retro City Rampage DX - Complete in open box
5: Kingdom: New Lands Limited Physical Release from Limited Run Games - Sealed
6: Secret of Mana Seiken Densetsu Collection (Japanese version) - Complete in open box

Really have been wanting to play Octopath Traveler but not a collectors edition guy.

1 month later
#1920 5 years ago

Its a great game if you can figure it out. Lots of good tutorials and lets play vids for it on YouTube. I played the pc version quite a bit.

#1930 5 years ago

I bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a couple of weeks ago and just can't get into it. $45 shipped to the US if anybody is interested. I like the story and characters but I don't care for the battle system, which a lot of people seem to like. *shrug*

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

It's a very complicated battle system. If you learn it (watch videos on YouTube) it is a super cool game. Took me a lonnnnnnggggg time to figure out battle system. Character development is top notch! Super fun game once you get the hàng of it!

I understand it, I just don't find it particularly fun. A lot of people do. I usually prefer turn based combat in JRPGs, (some exceptions) but thought I would give this a try.

I picked up Monster Hunter Stories for the 3DS and it has given me a RPG fix without having to invest a lot of time in character building and what not.

#1962 5 years ago

I have the 8bitdo fighter joystick for the switch that I need to try with Tetris 99

1 month later
#2005 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is the original any good worth a play?

It is very good, but takes a while to get used too. I am excited for this crossover though. The new graphic style looks great.

#2008 5 years ago

Cuphead is great, but it will be the source of a lot of Switches broken in rage.

4 weeks later
#2091 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Did anyone get into the Let's Go Pokémon games?
I played the original on Gameboy (and a couple of iterations after up to GBA) and this Switch version is kind of ok, but pretty dumbed-down by comparison. Mostly the random encounters are just really annoying and involve no battling like in the original. Otherwise it seems to be pretty much the same game as the original. I got through a few gym leaders and don't know if I'll end up finishing it.
I'm still grinding my way through Dark Souls, and am still frustrated by what seems like a lack of players online to summon or be summoned by. From my perspective, I'm basically soloing through the game, which is much more difficult.

I have been working through Let's Go Eevee that I bought for my daughter. It is a good remake of the original and I find it fun. I actually like that there aren't random pokemon encounters and you can pick and chose which pokemon you want to try and capture. Breaking up the battling and catching is nice in my book. When I go back and play the GB versions now I just get annoyed with all of the random Rattata battle nonsense.

1 week later
#2126 4 years ago

I am looking to sell some of my RPG's that I just don't have time for. All in excellent condition.

Final Fantasy X + X2 <--- Asian release, so BOTH games are on the cart, not just X like the US version. There is no download needed to play X-2. Everything is in English, including the packaging.
$50

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
$40

Battlechasers Nightwar
$20

All three for $100 plus shipping. US only please.

#2128 4 years ago

Pokemon Let's Go is a remake of the original 1st gen games I believe. So if you enjoyed those it might be fun to revisit. The mechanics for catching Pokemon uses motion controls instead of battling, but I actually find it kind of fun. I have enjoyed what I have played so far of it.

1 week later
#2135 4 years ago

Mario Maker 2 looking awesome!

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

this could be a fun one..

I have been playing through the original lately on my Gameboy and I have to say I am very impressed with the size of this game for a Gameboy game. It is huge and also, really, really good. Can't wait to play the remake.

#2145 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Always keep in mind, we're old AF. Imagine the 10 year old who just got a Switch. They've never seen a Gameboy. Great games are forever, so updating them for the younger audience that missed them originally is a great idea.

I am 39 and I am playing it for the first time. There are a few of us out there that didn't own a GB until we were adults Now I have a whole herd of them.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's cool that they are porting and remaking everything but the ratio is pretty tough to swallow. I just focus on new content and very very rarely will play a game a second time. Now they are remaking remakes. To be fair this version of Links Awakening looks pretty killer so they might get me again. I wonder how many systems it was playable on already, probably a handful.

They made two OG versions, the regular and DX for the GB color. Beyond that it has only been released on virtual console to my knowledge.

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Probably GB, GBC, DS, 3DS, Wii, Switch, did the WiiU get virtual console I skipped that one. You could even play it on gamecube.

I thought you were talking about new versions, not just VC versions. The Switch version is the first 'new' version since DX.

2 weeks later
#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

End of August, you can preorder the physical release on amazon now

I have been playing the beta on PC. Very cool game.

1 week later
#2186 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I've been thinking about firing up the original but wonder if it will spoil the remake. Anyone doing a GB run through before the Switch release?

Yup about halfway through. Been playing on my backlit Gameboy I don’t think it will really spoil anything. Might make it a bit easier but still fun.

6224B955-388B-4DE4-9A32-A360C58FD4B9 (resized).jpeg6224B955-388B-4DE4-9A32-A360C58FD4B9 (resized).jpeg
#2202 4 years ago

Cadence of Hyrule is really good and pretty difficult. Beautiful game with amazing music.

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Will Nintendo ever have the original RBI Baseball on the Switch you think? Thats the greatest baseball game ever, i would love to be able to play it again.

Kinda doubt it since it used mlbpa player names/likeness’

1 week later
#2246 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

How is Mario maker 2? Looks pretty awesome.

I am liking it quite a bit.

#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Is it worth it is you plan to never build a level? Are there a bunch of levels that you can just play offline?

Yes. I have never made a single level in a Mario Maker game and I love them.

1 week later
#2279 4 years ago

I still take my 3DS on trips and not my switch. It still has its uses but I know most have moved on. It has a great library.

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Not to derail the Switch Lite discussion, but is it even worth it to buy Splatoon 2 at this late date? The game looks fun, but the last SplatFest is right around the corner. What are the rumors on Splatoon 3? 2020 release?

Yes the game is great and still has a ton of people playing every day.

1 month later
#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

For those who love a good RPG, Grandia HD collection was released on Friday. Give it a look if your found of the JRPG and a spiritual successor to the Lunar games.

I played Grandia II on the Dreamcast and really enjoyed it. Bought Grandia I for the PS later on but never ended up finishing it. I don't know if I have the patience for them nowadays but glad to see them getting some love.

#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Any body double dip for the new Switch? This is a weird move for Nintendo especially with the exchange program. They are going to have to put the original switch on sale. Selling them at the same price is crazy. Also now the portable design Switch Lite is no longer that great at being portable. Is there any hope for a Switch Pro this feels like another step away from the home console market.

I will probably only get sucked in if they release a cool ass Zelda or Metroid version. I hardly ever play in portable either, but would like to have a special edition one to add to my Nintendo handheld collection.

1 week later
#2332 4 years ago

Anybody picking up Astral Chain tomorrow? I have been on an action game kick lately playing through some of my backlog and this one looks pretty sweet. Getting good reviews too.

#2335 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone trade their original switch to GS for the new longer battery one? My friend did....he said its double the battery life. The ONLY thing I can see for not doing it, is if you want to run the homebrew.

I play mine 90% docked so it isn’t worth it to me.

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hm, I like radical and new...but I’ve never liked Platinum’s games much at all. I couldn’t get rid of Wonderful 101 fast enough. Their games tend to be so frenetic with convoluted control schemes...I’m not sure I’ll like it if it’s similar in design theory as their other games.

If you didn't like Bayonetta or Neir: Automata you probably wouldn't like this game.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Anyone have a recommendation for a game that’s comparable to Super Mario Oddysey? I have 4 and 5 year old boys and they love watching me play, but we’ve almost exhausted Mario. Zelda is a bit heavy for them, hoping to find another light hearted game.

Yuka Laylee is pretty good IMO. Not as good as Mario but a collectathon kind of game.

2 weeks later
#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The system itself has motion, so if you’re playing in handheld &amp; a game has motion, you can still do it. They won’t have motion if you’re playing tabletop or docked with these things.

I watched a review on these and the reviewer tested out motion controls in Splatoon and BotW and they didn't work.

1 week later
#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I have been playing Ori and the Blind Forest and absolutely love it. It’s very similar to Hollow Knight, which is another incredible game if you haven’t played it.

I have Ori on the PC and it is one of the best metroidvania type games I have ever played. Beautiful too. I would say it is closer to a mix between Hollow Knight and Celeste.

#2474 4 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

It’s both and it’s very difficult.

yeah it is a good mix of both.

#2490 4 years ago

My first game for the NES in 1987 was $50. So paying $60 for a MUCH better game in 2019 is ok by me. We could have the same inflation prices as pins in videogames

#2501 4 years ago

Divinity II is an awesome game. Would love to have a group to play Co-op with.

#2503 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Man, I can't imagine playing that game co-op. It would take forever. If the game was only 10 hours it wouldn't be bad, but it's like 80 to 90 hours. And 3/4 of it is pretty slow paced for a multiplayer game.

I think if you thought of it like a weekly table top game night it wouldn't be so bad. Dedicate 3-4 hours a week for a campaign. I watched a streamer do this for a while. Was very entertaining watching them work out the problems and not just have one person telling everybody what to do.

2 weeks later
#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Outer Worlds is awesome btw. Been playing it the last two days.

I need to play it some more. I have it on Xbox Gamepass for PC, which is a nice surprise that it was released on there day one. It was good what little I have played of it so far. I was sick most of the weekend and spent a lot of it on the couch and broke out my Wii U and played some Zelda Windwaker HD. Still an amazing game.

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The sailing was in lieu of lengthy load screens, yes yes? That's what I read long ago. I also didn't finish Windwaker, but that was primarily because I was using a borrowed GameCube.
Any recs on how to play Ocarina in the best resolution possible? I could fire up my OG N64, but would need to find an HDMI converter. Would gladly buy an HD remaster instead. Are you listening, Nintendo?

The 3DS remakes of Ocarina and Majora's Mask are the best versions IMO. Updated graphics and what not. That said, emulating the originals at a higher resolution will probably yield the best results.

#2571 4 years ago

I got mine off of ebay cheap last year. Did the custom firmware and hooked up a portable HD and don't have to mess with discs anymore. I mainly got it to play Wii games, but I have been enjoying the HD Zelda's, 3D world and The Wonderful 101.

1 week later
#2598 4 years ago

I can vouch for the 8bitdo dongle. My DS4 syncs up perfectly with the switch and works great for an extra controller. Also works for connection my DS4 to the PC wirelessly.

3 weeks later
#2683 4 years ago

If you like turn based strategy, Into the Breach is a great rougelite as well.

2 weeks later
#2742 4 years ago

I would bet that 150 of those hours were SSBU. Hated Xenoblade Chronicles but I put a few hours into it hoping it would get better. I need to play more Mario Maker.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#2774 4 years ago

Got Luigi's Mansion 3 and Ni No Kuni for xmas. Enjoying both so far.

#2783 4 years ago

Luigi's Mansion 3 is fantastic. So much character.

#2804 4 years ago

I really like Splatoon, but don't find myself playing it much for whatever reason. Pity it doesn't have single screen multiplayer. My brother-in-laws would love it when they come over for game night, but none of them have switches, so we just play Smash and Rocket League.

1 week later
#2818 4 years ago

As much as I hate the theme of BoI, I really enjoyed it more than Enter the Gungeon. Some of the combinations you get for powers is really fun and absurd at times. I really like rouge likes though and will try any I can get my hands on. While it isn't on the Switch (yet), Hades is my new favorite rouge like. Feels a lot like Dead Cells, but from a top down Diablo like perspective.

#2820 4 years ago

Thanks for the recommendation, looks pretty cool.

FWIW the story and voice acting are really well done. They update it very frequently too.

#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I tried Binding of Isaac and f’ing hated it. I don’t think it’s easier than Gungeon at all. He shoots like one slow bubble at a time....I really don’t get how that game got so popular.

This only lasts for a room or two before you start unlocking powers. I didn't like it at first, but it is a really deep and interesting game in the way the powers all work together. Aside from the theme the only other thing I don't really like about the game is that it is really hard to tell what a power up is going to do before you take it. There are cheat guides on the internet but that is pretty cumbersome. It is popular for many reasons, even if that reason may be lost on you. It isn't for everybody.

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought I hated roguelike games until I played Flame in the Flood. Dunno why, but that one really worked for me. Now I like a bunch of them - Flinthook, Gungeon, Dead Cells, etc. yes there’s replay, but since it’s different every time, that keeps it from being repetitive.

The best roughlikes IMO are the ones that the better you do the more stuff you unlock and the more powerful you become for the next run. It feels like if you just do a little better this time, you will be that much better next time. Some are better at this than others.

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Aren’t they all like that? I was under the impression that was the general design philosophy with those games.

Some more than others is what I mean. Some just give you some small stat boosts and what not. The fun ones IMO are the ones that give you cool new powers to use or items/weapons.

2 months later
#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

I hated everything about it. Big open boring world.. Lack of story.. But the breaking of weapons is just a constant grind. Sucked the fun out of the game for me.

Your loss if you only played an hour, but it sounds like your mind is made up on it. One of my top 5 games of all time.

When Doom Eternal comes out on Switch I highly recommend it. I have been playing on the PC and they managed to improve on the gameplay of Doom 2016 which was incredible already.

2 weeks later
#3129 4 years ago

The Touryst looks really cool. Love the art style.

I picked up Animal Crossing for my daughter, but I have been playing it more than her. I owned the Gamecube one back in the day and it was ok, but I am really enjoying this one. I guess I am of the age where it is nice to have a nice chill game where I can just piddle around and be creative. I need to finish Luigi's Mansion tho.

1 week later
#3180 4 years ago

A great alternative to the Pro controller is the 8Bitdo SN30 Pro Plus. It is a fantastic controller with software to customize a lot of the buttons and even add turbo functionality. Best 3rd party controller I have ever used and has a fantastic dpad on it for Mario Maker and other 2D platformers.

https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Sn30-Pro-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Black/dp/B07TDTXHJP

#3187 4 years ago

I've had an SN30 and an SN30 Pro, and I have to say the lag for me is pretty noticeable on certain games (super mario world is usually my test). I actually returned the SN30 Pro.

never noticed myself, but it is very possible I guess. I don't look for stuff like that.

1 week later
#3197 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Been playing Rayman with the wife , is really good if you haven't played it. I had in on Wii u, forgot how much fun it is.

Rayman is great. I need to get back to it at some point.

Still completely enamored with Animal Crossing at the moment.

1 week later
#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I like this game room I saw on Reddit:
[quoted image]
Two exciting things happened for me in this first week of me playing--I saw and wished on two shooting stars last night (good for me reading up on those and how you're supposed to press A when you see them, not just snap a screenshot! Also, the only item I really wanted from Gulliver's task reward was the pyramid, which is the prize I got! I think there are 93 randomly-generated possible prizes. Now if only those balloons would drop an arcade game for me.

I haven't gotten the candy cabs yet

1 month later
#3277 3 years ago

You can't play some games without joycons. The only one I know of is mario party, not sure if there are more. That one forces you to use an individual joycon, which my man-sized hands despise.

Pokemon Let's Go is another one.

#3299 3 years ago

I own an oculus. It's really cool. I played it quite a bit for the first month or so. It's also kind of fatiguing (especially with text) and a little bit of a hassle. I use it only for sim racing at the moment.
Luckys Tale is the title that made me realize nintendo may eventually enter the arena. Platforming in vr definitely has potential.

VR is awesome. That said, it doesn't have the staying power with most people unless you have a specific use case. Outside of Half Life Alyx, the games are all pretty short and don't really take a time commitment. I use my Index for sim racing and have over 1000 hours on it, but only about 10 hours outside of sim racing with a dozen different games. Most of that extra time is beat saber.

As for the Switch, I can't see it really being powerful enough to provide any kind of meaningful VR experience. I have a monster PC and it still struggles with VR in certain titles.

#3301 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Switch Labo VR is pretty interesting & immersive ...but it KILLS my eyes after about 5 minuted & leaves them feeling stressed. Not sure if it’s a “me” thing or what.

VR definitely takes some getting used to.

1 month later
#3313 3 years ago

Neon Abyss is a new rougelike that combines the platforming of Dead Cells, the combat and items of Binding of Isaac and the color palette of Enter the Gungeon.

Pretty good stuff. If you have Xbox Gamepass for Xbox or PC, it is included with your subscription to try out.

#3320 3 years ago

Nintendo said the Switch will have a longer generation life than other systems when they launched it. I wouldn't expect to see a Switch successor for at least 2-3 more years, possibly longer.

I could see them releasing a 'NEW' Nintendo Switch like they did with the 3DS at some point to generate some more sales.

#3332 3 years ago

"Most" people buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo published games. I know I do. I love their charm and gameplay. If I want cutting edge, I have a gaming PC for that. I might pick up a Playstation during some generations b/c I like some of the Sony exclusives as well, but that will always be in addition to whatever Nintendo has out at the time.

The Switch kind of broke the mold a bit for Nintendo with the portability with the fidelity of last generations systems. It was a good bet and it paid off.

#3353 3 years ago

Blasphemous is half off right now $12.49 (I think). It is a gritty 2D 'souls like' game. Really digging it so far. Really dark and cool pixel art. Pretty morbid story.

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

How is this game? I enjoyed the original quite a bit, wondering if the new battle system is fun or not.

I have read a lot of user reviews and most people seem to really like it in spite of the battle system. I guess the sum of the parts is greater than the individual weaknesses of the battle system.

1 week later
#3383 3 years ago

Carrion is fun but the lack of map is annoying. Keep finding dead ends. Playing it on Gamepass for PC so at least I didn’t pay for it.

#3391 3 years ago

3D World is really easy, but it is enjoyable for me at least. Finding all of the stars on each level is fun. I need to play Pikmin 3. I have it on my hacked WiiU, just never got around to playing it.

#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The strong rumor is that there’s going to be a Mario All-Stars 2 collection with 64, Sunshine & Galaxy 1&2 remastered.

That would be pretty bad ass. All of those games are fantastic.

3 weeks later
#3427 3 years ago

I would honestly pay $60 to just play Mario Sunshine on my Switch. The other two are a bonus. That said, I know they won't add it, but the ability to invert the camera on Sunshine would make me so happy. Hard to play it with default controls as it is backwards from pretty much every game since.

#3449 3 years ago

Excited for Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. I enjoyed the first game and this one being set 100 years before BotW sounds awesome.

#3470 3 years ago

I love my pro controller. I have had it since launch and still works great. Battery lasts forever too.

1 week later
#3516 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I'm about to pick it up. Also, Dragon Ball Z Fighters is $9.59 today

Both are outstanding games. Hades is one of my favorite games ever and Dragon Ball Z Fighters is a great fighting game and probably the best looking fighting game I have played and I could care less about Dragonball Z.

Mario Sunshine plays great and I am enjoying it in 3D all-stars. I am not missing the analog triggers at all. The 30 fps doesn't bother me either. It looks great and controls like it always did. Haven't played the other two yet. Was never a 64 fan so I am sure I will play it at some point. Galaxy I will play after Sunshine.

#3519 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Just downloaded Hades. Gonna play tonight. Played a lot of Dead Cells before it

If you like Dead Cells, I have a hard time believing you wouldn't like Hades. Enjoy

2 weeks later
#3528 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Dead Cells is just as good, and different enough that it’s completely worth owning both.

Agreed. Both are must owns IMO

2 months later
#3592 3 years ago

Finally picked up Hades after they implemented cross saves with the PC. Love that game so much. Also picked up Dicey Dungeons which is a good little deck builder type of rouge like with dice.

1 month later
#3684 3 years ago

Anybody else excited for Monster Hunter Rise? I only recently started playing Monster Hunter World on the PC and have fallen in love with it. What I have played of the Rise demo, it seems like it will be just as good. Can't believe I slept on this series for so long.

1 month later
#3732 3 years ago

Reviews are looking great for Monster Hunter Rise. Looking forward to it.

1 week later
#3734 3 years ago
Quoted from Rivv:

Enjoying the game a lot so far. It's nice to return to the slower and relaxing early game after doing some intense Fatalis, Alatreon, and Furious Rajang grinding in Iceborne for the past couple of weeks. The amiibo is much bigger than I expected and very detailed. Also forgot about the free steelbook preorder bonus from Best Buy.
[quoted image]

Nice! Yeah I am really enjoying it a lot. It took me some time to adapt to the wirebug recoveries and moves, but I really like the additions. Just makes the game more fun IMO. Really impressed with how good it looks on the Switch as well.

4 weeks later
#3772 2 years ago

BoI is still one of my favorites. Problem is if I don't play all of the time I forget what the items are and have to end up looking them up which I have always found annoying. Playing on PC with mods is better since you can have a mod that tells you what stuff does.

1 month later
#3843 2 years ago

Mario + Rabbids is in my top 3 Switch games. Absolutely loved it. Excited for the follow up.

2 weeks later
#3880 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Please keep us updated. BotW is on my top all time list and I was wondering if this would scratch the itch.

Might check out Immortals Fenyx Rising. Have heard it is a BotW clone and actually very good. Can be found cheap too second hand.

#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Really appreciate the suggestion. I bought this the day it came out and have 100%ed it. I'm thinking about buying some of the expansions to continue the journey until BotW2. It is a really great game and I very much enjoyed playing it.

I have not played it yet as I have a backlog of stuff to get through but it is on my list to snag for the PS5 if I find it really cheap.

1 week later
#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Anyone check out the f2p pokemon Unite game? I’m not big into the pokemon scene, but the gameplay on this is pretty amazing. It’s a team-based battle game of banking points and cashing them in at enemy zones. Also, the f2p hasn’t effected me at all, as you get a good starting selection of pokemon and will get enough coin to buy one more from the remaining roster within a day. Only in it 3 days now, but at a price point of free, definitely worth a quick DL.

Yup it is a pretty good light weight moba. Needs some QoL stuff like, you know, showing your score during the game……. A few balance issues too but a good start IMO. The pay to win stuff is severely overblown. It is more pay to skip than anything.

1 week later
#3897 2 years ago

Link Between Worlds and Minish Cap are both fantastic.

#3913 2 years ago

Can't wait for Metal Slug Tactics. Looks awesome.

1 month later
#3977 2 years ago

Gonna be a good weekend

3E4B40AB-0F78-4403-97CC-6E3671908ECF (resized).jpeg3E4B40AB-0F78-4403-97CC-6E3671908ECF (resized).jpegD20C2714-F4BE-4BE6-932D-11A5B72F7355 (resized).jpegD20C2714-F4BE-4BE6-932D-11A5B72F7355 (resized).jpeg
#3981 2 years ago

Played about an hour of Dredd last night. It is Metroid, in a good way. Gonna be fun. Plays similar to the Samus Returns remake on the 3DS with the parry ability.

#3989 2 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

OK guys, need some game recommendations. Just picked up an OLED…this will be the first console for my 5 and 8 year old. They are used to playing the 2 button nes games on my playchoice and that’s it other than some lame tablet games.
Right now my list is below. Anything else for new young gamers I’m missing out on? Anything too involved like a BOTW may lose them.
Super Mario World 3D + Bowser’s Fury
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Splatoon 2
Carnival Games

The Kirby game might be a good fit for that age pairing. (I don’t recall the full title) it was pretty easy IMO but still engaging enough for the younger crowd. The Yoshi game is good too.

#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Currently stuck right now... again. Just have to find that pesky hidden block.

Replayed Fusion recently. The hidden stuff is absurd in that game. Pretty much bomb/shoot every block on every screen or you are screwed.

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Anyone upgrading their Nintendo Online membership for the N64 and Genesis games?

If it were like $10-15 more I might, but at this price? No. That said, I don't have much nostalgia for the N64 era as I was a PS kid. The Genesis games would be nice, but I can emulate those anywhere.

#4033 2 years ago

Check smaller town Wal-Marts. Some around here have had them on the shelves.

#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m really enjoying mine, but I’m bummed out that all my playtimes got reset. Feels weird seeing “First played 1 minute ago” instead of hundreds of hours for some games.

Well that is pretty dumb tbh. Freaking Nintendo.

#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just got ahold of two OLED white Switch's at GameStop! One for me, one for my son. We actually traded in his 3 year old Switch to upgrade to the OLED for him. Super excited!

What kind of trade in deal did you get?

#4043 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

$200 I thought it was fair. I was looking at it from the viewpoint that batteries wear out so paying another $150 for a brand new one after almost 3 years was a good deal.

yeah that is pretty good tbh. I might check with them. If I could get $200 for mine, I would take that deal tbh. Have had it since launch day and still works great, but I like the white and I really like the bigger screen. The bezel has always bugged me on the switch.

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

If it's in good condition I'll give you 200 for it.

Quoted from northvibe:

If you have a launch switch, you potentially could get more for it since it is “hackable” and the mod community may pay more.

I thought that was a only if it had never received a software update. Either way I have to find a white oled first.

#4066 2 years ago

I snagged an oled today at bb. So I guess my launch switch is for sale if anybody is interested. It is in great condition.

#4068 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Online or in store?

Online. Picking it up Wed.

#4075 2 years ago

My launch day switch for sale. Decals can be easily removed. Great condition. Screen protector since day one. Comes with normal pack in stuff from the box.

$200 shipped to the US

Also anybody selling Dragons Dogma for the Switch? I missed it at Best Buy for $8

Stuff for sale or trade as well: Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Pokémon Shield, Ni No Kuni, Captain Toads Treasure Tracker.

3D25997F-EAB9-4C3D-A58D-BE0494BB8747 (resized).jpeg3D25997F-EAB9-4C3D-A58D-BE0494BB8747 (resized).jpeg740F993B-E9F6-41F4-8C39-1535F83FBD08 (resized).jpeg740F993B-E9F6-41F4-8C39-1535F83FBD08 (resized).jpeg750D808B-88AB-4151-A3EE-304175C10F93 (resized).jpeg750D808B-88AB-4151-A3EE-304175C10F93 (resized).jpeg8E7EAB8C-A650-4E5A-85E9-C575390ED736 (resized).jpeg8E7EAB8C-A650-4E5A-85E9-C575390ED736 (resized).jpeg9B055B9B-0271-4A58-BB74-B715A72AC28C (resized).jpeg9B055B9B-0271-4A58-BB74-B715A72AC28C (resized).jpegB1824080-42D9-4A4B-8D2B-D0E517E8F50E (resized).jpegB1824080-42D9-4A4B-8D2B-D0E517E8F50E (resized).jpegEE8A4985-B6D4-4CA8-8385-42CC28A154CE (resized).jpegEE8A4985-B6D4-4CA8-8385-42CC28A154CE (resized).jpegF85A6D30-0E6F-4ED8-A8F5-8399D7FECD83 (resized).jpegF85A6D30-0E6F-4ED8-A8F5-8399D7FECD83 (resized).jpeg
#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

My buddy traded his day 1 switch to GameStop like 2 weeks ago. He got 260, if you don’t get a buyer.

Good to know, thanks. Also forgot to mention I will include a Satisfye grip as well. I will also be taking the decals off and uploading new pics tonight if that was a concern to anybody.

1 week later
#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A good game is a good game, no matter how long it is. I’d rather a game be short as I’m likely to want to play it again, vs. a 60 hour game in likely to never want to revisit.

Bingo. I have too many $60 that I didn’t enjoy and only played an hour or two.

3 weeks later
#4125 2 years ago

I picked up Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate last year for $10 and never got around to opening it up. The bug has bitten me again so I figured I would give it a go. It is a little tough going back to what is essentially a 3DS game after having hundreds of hours in MH: World and MH:Rise. After I got past the initial adjustments to how different a lot of the systems were and the loading between areas, I have found it to be very fun. The battles are more strategic it seems and a bit slower paced, but not in a bad way. Also considering it was a 3DS title, it actually looks fairly good. Still worth playing in 2021 IMO while we wait for MH: Rise-Sunbreak.

2 weeks later
#4129 2 years ago

Picked up Risk of Rain 2 last night. Is on sale for $6 so why not. Nice to have it portable. I also had 300 gold points or whatever they are called so ended up being $3 in the end.

#4151 2 years ago

I am not a cool kid. BotW is my fav Wind Waker 2nd. Yes I have played all of them.

#4155 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Hey IGN said BOTW is the #1 game all time now, lol. When Neogaf did their user poll for best game of the generation, I believe it came in second to Witcher 3, so high praise there too. So clearly my 'meh' attitude towards it is the outlier and the majority of people love it.

Not sure it is my top game of all time, but it is top 5 for sure. I would really like to play through it again, but my backlog is getting longer, not shorter sadly.

#4161 2 years ago

Outside of the screen I haven't really noticed a difference, but what a difference that screen makes. I went from nearly never playing handheld, to playing it mostly handheld now. The small size difference in specs is much more of a change than it first appears. Plus the display is beautiful.

#4164 2 years ago

Nobody knows if a 4k one is indeed coming. Rumors only.

#4167 2 years ago

We heard the same types of things Last year and we got the oled instead. Not saying it is not going to happen but I wouldn’t put money on it.

#4176 2 years ago

Most of them just act as a 'key' check anyways anymore. They all get installed to the HD for the most part.

1 month later
#4213 2 years ago

OlliOlli World is fantastic. Have been playing it a lot this week.

Mario Strikers is the hit of the direct for me. Loved it on GC.

5 months later
#4231 1 year ago

I am selling several of my Nintendo handhelds that I have built and some I have extra of. If anybody is interested hit me up. Willing to sell as a lot.

10AB220C-A12D-4987-8F92-4983D8FB1A7B (resized).jpeg10AB220C-A12D-4987-8F92-4983D8FB1A7B (resized).jpeg1BFA48AB-4F5A-45DF-9EE3-631280FA51C5 (resized).jpeg1BFA48AB-4F5A-45DF-9EE3-631280FA51C5 (resized).jpeg24880460-4683-4A75-A0D9-ADC1F46EC349 (resized).jpeg24880460-4683-4A75-A0D9-ADC1F46EC349 (resized).jpeg3E09FC43-2A05-4A91-BFF3-9D53865918B3 (resized).jpeg3E09FC43-2A05-4A91-BFF3-9D53865918B3 (resized).jpeg42F980D4-77C4-4160-AE76-30110BDA1D90 (resized).jpeg42F980D4-77C4-4160-AE76-30110BDA1D90 (resized).jpegBF59BA25-195E-4077-8553-EA3ED9AC41F6 (resized).jpegBF59BA25-195E-4077-8553-EA3ED9AC41F6 (resized).jpegDBDFE09C-9BF8-477F-BE5D-6669952A9BE4 (resized).jpegDBDFE09C-9BF8-477F-BE5D-6669952A9BE4 (resized).jpeg
10 months later
#4324 9 months ago

I have been enjoying ToK a lot and I can't believe they outdid BotW but here we are. I would say I am about 75% done with it. That said, Pikmin 1 & 2 completely derailed my progress this weekend I have always wanted to dig back into them since I originally owned the first one on GC, but never got into it. I beat Pikmin 1 over the weekend and I am working on 2 now. Just a delight and I am super excited for the next two. The QoL additions are nice as well.

Sooooo, if anybody wants to sell their copy of Pikmin 3 Deluxe, hmu

1 month later
#4355 8 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don’t know about a Switch version of Baldur’s Gate 3, but they’re working on it for Xbox. Issue is they have to gimp it to play on the Series S which is apparently a nightmare for this game. No firm timeline but they’re estimating four months after the PS5 release.

Yeah they should be able to do it. I am running it on my Steam Deck a lot of the time and it doesn't look amazing it definitely runs on there. Series S should be able to at the very least handle it at 30 fps and look good.

#4359 8 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Apparently it’s split-screen multiplayer that’s causing the problem — effectively running two versions of the game at once so probably challenging. MS insists that all features be available on all versions of the Xbox, so nothing can happen until they figure it out for the Series S.
I’m not complaining about split screen, I think it’s sad how few games offer it anymore (I guess the kids don’t like to be in the same room together while playing). Just a bummer MS can’t let them drop a feature if it won’t work on the lower tier hardware.

Ah, that makes sense. Forgot about the split screen.

2 weeks later
#4374 7 months ago

I have these I would sell.

IMG_4616 (resized).jpegIMG_4616 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4381 6 months ago

I really want to pick up Mario Wonder, but I have such a huge backlog right now. Going to try and hold out for Xmas sales....

3 weeks later
#4398 5 months ago

Tangentially related to the Switch, Valve announced an OLED model of the Steam Deck today that launches next week. I am a sucker for OLED displays so I am selling my 512gb Steam Deck.

If you are interested, HMU

Switch emulation works really well fwiw

#4400 5 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

we ordered the deckHD displays back when they were initially offered (and are still awaiting them). valve's announcement was kind of a punch to the gut for those of us that went that upgrade route.

oof, yeah that does suck. The resolution has never really been an issue for me, but playing my SD after playing my OLED Switch really makes me want an OLED SD. The larger size is a plus too, not that it is a lot, but the bigger the better for my terrible eyesight.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=gov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.