Topic Stats

• 4,575 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Tophervette
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    50%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 32 votes
    38%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_195419815 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
image000000(2) (resized).jpg
image000000(1) (resized).jpg
20240426_140019 (resized).jpg
20240422_142138 (resized).jpg
20240422_142122 (resized).jpg
20240422_142107 (resized).jpg
20240422_142050 (resized).jpg
20240422_142035 (resized).jpg
20240422_142031 (resized).jpg
20240422_142026 (resized).jpg
20240422_142018 (resized).jpg
20240422_142005 (resized).jpg
20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 92.
#3701 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I put this STTNG on the bench to sand it for the first time, and it looks like its a little worse than when it came in. I decided to hold off on sanding, but after thinking about it, I am going to sand it, and I will still be able to watch it move from perfect sanded. I just dont want it jumping in the spray line.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Inserts like this are big time sucks.

#3702 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Proto or sample nos WCS. It got it first coat a long while ago, and I got it all prepped for some paint work, before it gets another coat.
I have so much paint work to do.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cheeky!

#3703 6 months ago

Yes indeed. Praise the artist for putting that little bit of buttcheeky hanging out. Oh hot times change.

#3704 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I put this STTNG on the bench to sand it for the first time, and it looks like its a little worse than when it came in

Is that one mine, Ron?

#3706 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Proto or sample nos WCS. It got it first coat a long while ago, and I got it all prepped for some paint work, before it gets another coat.
I have so much paint work to do.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dat butt.

#3707 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Yes indeed. Praise the artist for putting that little bit of buttcheeky hanging out. Oh hot times change.

How or hot? Both work! Miss seeing this stuff.

#3708 6 months ago

Has anyone seen this?
I saw a video of people put tin foil on the counters, and when the cats jump up on the corner, they instantly jump backward off it, like the counter is on fire. I dont let max and ruben, aka blackie and moma in the house, but that would be a great way to train them. I will have to see if I can figure it out for my tenants black cadillac coupe. Its got an amazing black paint with silver metal flake in it. I cant imagine what it would cost, but stupid asses max/blackie insists on goin up there, more than likely for the sun on black.

I saw it on tic toc because someone posted a tictic of one of my pfs arriving. I suppose that means my biz is going to get hacked by the PRC. I am so important, I am sure they have been waiting for a way to get to me. If I disappear it was Xi.

#3709 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Has anyone seen this?
I saw a video of people put tin foil on the counters, and when the cats jump up on the corner, they instantly jump backward off it, like the counter is on fire. I dont let max and ruben, aka blackie and moma in the house, but that would be a great way to train them. I will have to see if I can figure it out for my tenants black cadillac coupe. Its got an amazing black paint with silver metal flake in it. I cant imagine what it would cost, but stupid asses max/blackie insists on goin up there, more than likely for the sun on black.
I saw it on tic toc because someone posted a tictic of one of my pfs arriving. I suppose that means my biz is going to get hacked by the PRC. I am so important, I am sure they have been waiting for a way to get to me. If I disappear it was Xi.

Yes it does work I have seen it before cats just don’t like tin foil at all

#3710 6 months ago

Yeah.... My wife and I recently got two new cats after about a year or so of not having any pets around. They're young - not quite 18 months old - and basically some mix of Siamese, Tabby and pure unadulterated chaos.

Tin foil on the counter?

Girl cat dragged that to the floor and just said thank for the new toy, dumbass.
unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

Boy cat came along and chewed it up.
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

Found bits of tin foil around the house all that week.

And those motion sensor air cans that are supposed to surprise them? LOL. They flat out don't give a shit and will stand in front of it as it goes off over and over.

#3711 6 months ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Yeah.... My wife and I recently got two new cats after about a year or so of not having any pets around. They're young - not quite 18 months old - and basically some mix of Siamese, Tabby and pure unadulterated chaos.
Tin foil on the counter?
Girl cat dragged that to the floor and just said thank for the new toy, dumbass.
[quoted image]
Boy cat came along and chewed it up.
[quoted image]
Found bits of tin foil around the house all that week.
And those motion sensor air cans that are supposed to surprise them? LOL. They flat out don't give a shit and will stand in front of it as it goes off over and over.

Those are two good looking cats.

#3712 6 months ago

Shit, I just got my first good laugh in a long time!!! Thank you for that post.

#3713 6 months ago

Started on my Strange World playfield swap today. Here are some old/new shots while I have the whole topside stripped:
IMG_1771 (resized).jpegIMG_1771 (resized).jpegIMG_1773 (resized).jpegIMG_1773 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpegIMG_1774 (resized).jpegIMG_1774 (resized).jpegIMG_1775 (resized).jpegIMG_1775 (resized).jpeg

#3714 6 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Started on my Strange World playfield swap today. Here are some old/new shots while I have the whole topside stripped:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow !

#3715 6 months ago

That looks awesome. You wanna ship me that old pf when you're done?

Quoted from PlanetExpress:Started on my Strange World playfield swap today. Here are some old/new shots while I have the whole topside stripped:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#3716 6 months ago

Looks good!
how is that roticery working out?

#3717 6 months ago

Here are some pics hanging on the wall of the shop of my muf-stain before I totaled it. I had a friend who owned a detail shop and taught me how to clean them up, and I am still pretty good at it. Also my pantera`at a rest stop on the ohio turnpike

also finishing the second coat of pain in the inserts of the cpr totan. finished the nos kiss also, but didnt get pics of that. Paint work takes me a long time. Enough that I dont charge the customers how many hours I actually put in to it. Hopefully when I get new glasses it will help, rather than these dime store readers.

20231020_132938 (resized).jpg20231020_132938 (resized).jpg20231020_141143 (resized).jpg20231020_141143 (resized).jpg20231020_141209 (resized).jpg20231020_141209 (resized).jpg
#3718 6 months ago

Its been a while since I got one of these letters: It is an email about one of my pfs on my website. The price is on the headline/title. No niceities or greetings just "how much is the total?" So I write back, say hi, talk about the condition of the pf and what makes it so nice.
The reply is simply, "do I get a rebate on my old pfs, I have 2 titles"
I take the time to explain why I dont. I offer shipping options, and the cost of clear ect.

The next reply is ;
I just can't fathom putting a $1300 playfield $400 art $200 plastics and 100 hours of work into a $3500 game that value maxed out is $3800 I'd be afraid I'm gonna end up 6k into this.

I may try a hard top or an overlay. I'm thinking I need to be no more than $1000 into a playfield I just got a Funhouse for $899.

Pinball is not baby food, and pampers. dont do it if you cant afford it, and certainly dont restore it if you cant afford it. All of those prices are inflated except how much it maxes out at, because I see this title with the things he list sell for 9k in one day.

I dont know this person, he never introduced him self. I spent a half hour explaining things, and honestly I am not in a great mood because of the dam rain.

Put a hard top on it and sell it for less. I dont know why people write me crap like this. I thank god I didnt try to work with him, as i doubt it would be rewarding or fun for me.

I cant afford even WPC games, so I am the last person who wants to hear someone bitch about being underwater if they restore a game. Its not like you need it to get you to work.

Maybe one of the reasons everyone is so pissed off lately is because they treat others with no respect. It cant hurt to try.

#3719 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

If those were the first words out of his mouth, then run away ! He's a tire kicker.

#3720 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Its been a while since I got one of these letters: It is an email about one of my pfs on my website. The price is on the headline/title. No niceities or greetings just "how much is the total?" So I write back, say hi, talk about the condition of the pf and what makes it so nice.

Maybe one of the reasons everyone is so pissed off lately is because they treat others with no respect. It cant hurt to try.

Being nice, or respectful? It literally costs a person nothing, and they accumulate and deliver happiness. Easiest way to be a human billionaire, be respectful or give away niceness. My wife and I often wonder why everyone doesn’t try it more often.

A person might never know they can make a friend over a green river hotel and end up with a dream Funhouse playfield…. oh wait…that happened to me! And thank you for that Ron.IMG_0759 (resized).jpegIMG_0759 (resized).jpeg

#3721 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Paint work takes me a long time.

Preparation for paint work takes me gobs of hours. And then it seems there is always one little bitty item I missed.

#3722 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Looks good!
how is that roticery working out?

Rotisserie is awesome, thanks again!

It is so nice having two rotisseries, especially with one on wheels. Here’s my little playfield swapping corner of the basement:

IMG_1777 (resized).jpegIMG_1777 (resized).jpeg
#3723 6 months ago

Where did the one on wheels come from, I think I may need one of those.

Quoted from PlanetExpress:Rotisserie is awesome, thanks again!
It is so nice having two rotisseries, especially with one on wheels. Here’s my little playfield swapping corner of the basement:
[quoted image]

#3724 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Where did the one on wheels come from, I think I may need one of those.

It’s a one-of-one I bought off Ron. The parts are all industrial extruded aluminum (8020.net) and about 100x more quality than a rotisserie needs to be, but it’s an awesome tool.

For something more budget friendly, PinDoc here on Pinside made the green one I’m using, and also makes skate to fit a Costco plastic work table to make a mobile rotisserie platform.

#3725 6 months ago

Oh no, now I have to have one like the erector set one.... Lol

Quoted from PlanetExpress:It’s a one-of-one I bought off Ron. The parts are all industrial extruded aluminum (8020.net) and about 100x more quality than a rotisserie needs to be, but it’s an awesome tool.
For something more budget friendly, PinDoc here on Pinside made the green one I’m using, and also makes skate to fit a Costco plastic work table to make a mobile rotisserie platform.

#3726 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Oh no, now I have to have one like the erector set one.... Lol

Buy the Pindoc ones they are awesome. Pricey but work great

#3727 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I can't even tell what discount they were asking for, but I'm positive I wouldn't have written back at that point.

Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Rotisserie pics
[quoted image]

I covet a pindoc rotisserie really bad, and will no doubt bite the bullet eventually despite how infrequently I'd use it, but damn. That one off looks even more insanely nice.

#3728 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

"do I get a rebate on my old pfs, I have 2 titles"

Hey, maybe he’s on to something…. You could add $150 “core charge” to each playfield, just like alternators at the parts store. Unlikely anyone is going to spend $100 to ship back a playfield for the core charge, but if they do, you get your crate back and can put together some frames w/$20 LED backlight and sell ‘em as wall hangers at a show for $500 (there is already a guy doing these, and he charges $950 for an EM or $1,250 for a SS).

#3729 6 months ago

Have all of those "cores" come to me.

Quoted from PlanetExpress:Hey, maybe he’s on to something…. You could add $150 “core charge” to each playfield, just like alternators at the parts store. Unlikely anyone is going to spend $100 to ship back a playfield for the core charge, but if they do, you get your crate back and can put together some frames w/$20 LED backlight and sell ‘em as wall hangers at a show for $500 (there is already a guy doing these, and he charges $950 for an EM or $1,250 for a SS).

#3730 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

"how much is the total?"

"That's more than I paid for the game!"

#3731 6 months ago

By the time I'm done with my STTNG, I'll have nearly $14K in it NOT including the 150+ hours of labor I'm going to put in myself doing as top a notch restoration as I can do. Will I even come close to that $14K if/when I sell it to the next owner? Hell no....and they're going to get a beautiful game that features a Kruzman playfield. You've got to love what you're doing and enjoy your hobby. If you're in this to make money (or in a lot of cases, even recoup the money you have in the game), you better find something else to do.

#3732 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I take the time to explain why I dont. I offer shipping options, and the cost of clear ect.
The next reply is ;
I just can't fathom putting a $1300 playfield $400 art $200 plastics and 100 hours of work into a $3500 game that value maxed out is $3800 I'd be afraid I'm gonna end up 6k into this.
I may try a hard top or an overlay. I'm thinking I need to be no more than $1000 into a playfield I just got a Funhouse for $899.
Pinball is not baby food, and pampers. dont do it if you cant afford it, and certainly dont restore it if you cant afford it. All of those prices are inflated except how much it maxes out at, because I see this title with the things he list sell for 9k in one day.
I dont know this person, he never introduced him self. I spent a half hour explaining things, and honestly I am not in a great mood because of the dam rain.
Put a hard top on it and sell it for less. I dont know why people write me crap like this. I thank god I didnt try to work with him, as i doubt it would be rewarding or fun for me.
I cant afford even WPC games, so I am the last person who wants to hear someone bitch about being underwater if they restore a game. Its not like you need it to get you to work.

Ron, I’ve never been happier to be so upside down on a nos Demo Man you cleared for me. You are always money well spent. I look at your work and it reminds me that professional craftsmen like yourself are still active in our hobby helping us improve our nearest and dearest. My family and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

I am still working 6 days a week and this restore will be my future project.

Rick.

#3733 6 months ago

Between Wade Krauss, Shay, Steve at PBR and Ron - I'm North of $2K into an El Dorado that I don't even own yet.

Do I care? Not a damn bit. Cause I love that game and when I do get one, I want to go as tits as I possibly can on it. And if I ever sell it, well it's not like I don't know that I'll take a bath ahead of time. Investments is for my 401K, not my pinball collection.

#3734 6 months ago

I can say the same about my TAF between finding a NOS playfield, having a new cabinet built the base game granted I bought it in the mid 2000s, Ron’s clear job, plating all the brackets, random parts and having Bryan Kelly finish the assembly I am prob well north 12k but it will be in my house forever and I don’t care.

#3735 6 months ago

Ditto on the previous comments by owners of Kruzman PFs.
I was able to get probably the last NOS Doctor Who Pf's in existance and have it cleared by Ron.
I painted and decaled a new Cabinet and back box.
I put new boards from Victor aka Dumbass and Pinsound throughout.
I reused the wiring harness, but added all new coils, switches, popbumpers and bulb holders, etc.
A new color DMD and board. New speakers and speaker lights.
New Invisiglass and back glass.

Long story short...I have around 6K plus my labor in a game that sells for 4K. But it is the nicest, best looking Doctor Who on the Planet. It is bolted to the floor and will leave when I am 6 feet under.

#3736 6 months ago

Same here…. I put the work into games I love, not games that necessarily have high resale.

Strange World is one of the highest priced EMs, but I’ll be at $5k or more for mine. But, that’s my highest resale Kruzman percentage wise.

My next two Kruzman playfields are: Rocky and Bullwinkle and Ripley’s. Not games that are much beloved, but they are games I love and I’m willing to put in the $s and hours to have the best examples anyone has seen.

#3737 6 months ago

You made a difference in our lives Mr. Kruzman. Thank you.

#3738 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

No the install kit is not on my web site.

You have a web site? Can i have the link?

Thanks

#3739 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You have a web site? Can i have the link?
Thanks

https://pinballplayfieldskruzman.com/

#3740 6 months ago

Have to agree with everyone else, too - all my games I put far more time and money into than they're worth. Only because I enjoy the work, and enjoy the look of the finished game. (Example? I paid $1200 to have a Big Ben PF touched up and cleared. Jeebus, 4 times what that game is worth. But I'll be damned - it's gorgeous, and now a freakin' tough game. )

#3741 6 months ago

Good morning, sorry for crying about a lame email. I spend about 2 hours sometimes 1.5 on emails every day, and sure lots of them are folks that I know arnt gonna buy, but they may some time, plus I like to help people on pfs and restoring. It makes me feel like I have something to offer if I think about it.
I think pinball Ike stated it better than I can.
A lot of times folks will write for info on how to clear, or prep or whatever. Of course thats not paying my rent, but I dig being a part of peoples journey.
For example when someone shows a restored game at a show and it has one of my pfs in it, or in Dayhuffs collection there is a little card in his FH about how it was bought from kruzman at so and so date.
And now that I have my wood burning brander (thank you Ben) people will see that I was involved in a restoration, when they lift the pf.

So I spend a lot of time on emails every day, and it can sometimes set the mood for the day. In my "on line life" evolution I have grown much thicker skin, and dont get irritated like I did before, but once in a while something will make its way up my ass.
And thats what happened. There is one thing that has haunted me for 16 years, and I am not the only one that hates hearing it.

THATS MORE THAN i PAID FOR THE WHOLE GAME!!!!!!!
its just not my concern and its totally irrelevant to anything but maybe your wallet or wife!

#3742 6 months ago

That work station with 2 roticerys looks like an environment that you would enjoy working at. Its a good reminder that setting up and maintaining the work environment is very important to the quality of work and life.

#3743 6 months ago

Solid reminder I need you to make me one of those extruded erector set rotisserie setups....

Quoted from kruzman:

That work station with 2 roticerys looks like an environment that you would enjoy working at. Its a good reminder that setting up and maintaining the work environment is very important to the quality of work and life.

#3744 6 months ago

I am still painting and I was ready to lock down the paint with a coat of clear. Also it allows me to see how its going to look, and if I have to, I can still sand and re-do. Also the clear makes everything all one texture, so I can look at it with out only seeing the paint work I did.
I am glad I do this step because there was an insert I missed on the totan. in the pics its so obvious, but where 75% of the inserts are painted, and then double coated, its hard to see the trees thru the forest.
On totan I painted all of the mode inserts, all of the bonus, the genie inserts pretty much all of the inserts on the left and center. There are before pics a page or 2 back.
If I double coat the paint work, it stands up to the sanding I do before the clear better. Thats another issue I have to evaluate after a thin coat, l is if my sanding left any thin spots.
The last pic shows the obvious insert I missed. That how numb and dumb I get after staring at that pf for 2 days.

I sprayed the nos kiss at like 9.30 last night, left the heaters on and when to bed. so I have to go see how it came out. Those old nos ballys need every insert's crack filled and painted, plus there was planking I painted that areas where it showed the most.

personally the old ballys are the only pf I prefer repro over nos. The problem is the games are old enough to be like a classic car or bike, and that would be like using Chinese parts on a 66 chevelle resto.

20231023_133832 (resized).jpg20231023_133832 (resized).jpg20231023_133848 (resized).jpg20231023_133848 (resized).jpg20231023_133857 (resized).jpg20231023_133857 (resized).jpg20231023_191031 (resized).jpg20231023_191031 (resized).jpg20231023_191042 (resized).jpg20231023_191042 (resized).jpg20231023_191054 (resized).jpg20231023_191054 (resized).jpg20231023_191102 (resized).jpg20231023_191102 (resized).jpg20231023_191124 (resized).jpg20231023_191124 (resized).jpg20231023_191139 (resized).jpg20231023_191139 (resized).jpg
#3745 6 months ago

When I eventually end up getting my GNR PF, it’s to hang a Kruzman piece of art on the wall… I mean it.

#3746 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

When I eventually end up getting my GNR PF, it’s to hang a Kruzman piece of art on the wall… I mean it.

Not a bad thing at all. I have a Kruzman restored CFTBL that will end up being a wall hanger when I get the space to put all my games in

#3747 6 months ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Not a bad thing at all. I have a Kruzman restored CFTBL that will end up being a wall hanger when I get the space to put all my games in

Hahaha similar situation. Just shipped 12 games abroad as we moved this summer. Now they’re all stuck in the living room and all the paraphernalia boxes around. Can’t wait to find a place and showcase my collection to…. well, MYSELF. ;-p

IMG_9585 (resized).jpegIMG_9585 (resized).jpegIMG_9586 (resized).jpegIMG_9586 (resized).jpegIMG_9596 (resized).jpegIMG_9596 (resized).jpegIMG_9600 (resized).jpegIMG_9600 (resized).jpeg
#3748 6 months ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I have a Kruzman restored CFTBL that will end up being a wall hanger

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#3749 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Hahaha similar situation. Just shipped 12 games abroad as we moved this summer. Now they’re all stuck in the living room and all the paraphernalia boxes around. Can’t wait to find a place and showcase my collection to…. well, MYSELF. ;-p
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is what I have to do when we move looks like your getting there though

#3750 6 months ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

This is what I have to do when we move looks like your getting there though

Gonna have to. My wife won’t put up with this for long. Since they couldn't be insured
Other than total loss for the boat ride, I didn’t bother, so I’m not rushing to unwrap them in case something did get damaged and I’d have to report.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
There are 4,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.