Topic Stats

• 4,566 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    50%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 32 votes
    38%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_142138 (resized).jpg
20240422_142122 (resized).jpg
20240422_142107 (resized).jpg
20240422_142050 (resized).jpg
20240422_142035 (resized).jpg
20240422_142031 (resized).jpg
20240422_142026 (resized).jpg
20240422_142018 (resized).jpg
20240422_142005 (resized).jpg
20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Kruzman Kit details. Posted by kruzman (4 years ago)

Post #420 Ron offers drill and dimple service for your playfield if needed. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #551 Mirco IJ after Ron’s magic to it. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #1196 How to care for a Kruzman clearcoated playfield. Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1272 jjGnR: Cost and process of fixing Mirco's bad playfield clear Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1277 jjGnR: Summary of Mirco playfield problems Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1296 The reason Mirco/JJP clear is soft and tears, explained Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Ultimate Alternative Cuss Words Handbook Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1727 Instructions for using Ron's Clear Kit. Posted by dmacy (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

crap I didnt take pics of the before sanding, and it would be good to show that the clear was so thin you could feel the layers of colors. If it is too cold to get the spray room above 75, I need to get the small amount of black touch up done on that pf.
My job is feast or famine. when the pfs are done I bring them in the main house and put them against the wall in the living room, and I am out of wall room with hopefully 4 more pfs getting completed this week. If my worst problem is no room to lean complete jobs then my world is OK[quoted image]

I see a TAF in the back is that a repro or an original. Still love how mine came out

2 months later
#312 4 years ago

Hi everybody, throwing this out there if anybody is interested. I am thinking about selling my CFTBL that I bought from Ron about 5 years ago. I was saving it but never came across a Creech for the price I wanted and now don’t have much room for any more games. It really should be in a game not wall art. It’s an original that Ron touched up and cleared and looks beautiful. I can provide tons of pics so PM me if you are interested. I would like to get $1700 for it.

Thanks
Mike

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

So this is pretty funny, at least to me. I live alone out in the country, I dont have kids. I have a sister but I may see her once a year as she lives on the east side of michigan, plus she is newly married, so they are busy. My point is I have no reference for time.
This is concerning the paragon, that I bought from a customer. It was not drilled and dimpled as I was saying in the post above. I said it was about 3 years ago that I cleared it. Well, I have done a lot of nos paragons. I was looking at the back and (I noticed that I hadn't re-glued the inserts which I made policy about 3 years ago I think) I actually signed this one with pencil, so i didnt notice it originally. It says Kruzman 2012! Man, I am getting old!!!

You better watch out Ron. Pinball repair is not an essential business the governor would not be very pleased with you

2 years later
#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I saw this in the classifieds. this pf has nothing to do with me. Not my work, not my pf. I actually dont know what a hard top is?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/148660

Don’t be putting people’s names to work if you’re not sure they did it or not. WTF is wrong with people

#2670 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Once you go Ron, everything else sucks.

Ron is the only guy that touches my playfields

#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am trying to think of the rarest NOS pfs I have owned (not what has gone thru here) while I eat lunch.
I had several gottlieb sys 80 pfs from harry williams collection rocky/cubs/amazing spiderman/Qbert
The proto TZ and WCS. I have owned 2 proto's of STTNG
2 taf golds
The speakeasy made of resin, I have is pretty rare.
DE playboy
Hit the deck
DE guns and roses (still have)
DE royal rumble
classic stern viper
pharoah
Strange science and black water100
Charlies angels EM version
These are not the most expensive, but they are the pfs I have never seen before. I have never seen or owned a NOS superman.

What’s the DE GnR selling for

#2710 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I wanted to mention for a friend/customer that philip baliey in texas has a TAF pf that I cleared for chad some years ago. He has a couple taf pfs, and we cant tell if this one is nos or repro. Anyway he is looking to sell it.
I forget his handle on pinside. I am old.

Is it possible it could be on of the ones like mine was, B/W spare parts stock that was run well after production. Do you remember if it had any distinctive markings on it. Like a date or anything.

#2715 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

As requested. It sure is pretty
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmm I can tell. The interesting thing is there is no manufacture initials like TAG, LS or SP.

Dude how many TAF playfields do you have??????

#2724 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Thanks! I’m pretty sure it’s nos. I’ve never seen a repro with that stamp on it.

Yeah I think so too. It has the very pronounced pattern in the carpet too like the gold PFs which is cool

#2729 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Pretty sure the hidden serial number was only on the gold version and I’m pretty confident it’s not the TAFG version. CPR colors are different and it not a mirco. IPB was was missing the routing around the chair and subway. All the repro’s are missing the serial tag. I’m really leaning nos on this one. Maybe b/w contracted for replacements at some point. Kruzman worked his magic on it and it’s absolutely stunning.

The more I see it seems like a very similar situation to mine which was also cleared by Kruzman. Mine was missing the barcode and he added it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-taf-nos-or-not-still-not-100-sure-/page/2#post-7348034

#2730 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That's not the TAFG version, I agree. No, tho - the TAFs I had on location back in the day had the hidden serial numbers on them. (Can't say that ALL did? But mine did..)

Where was the S/N?

#2732 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

It’s a UV number that’s in the center. I thought it matched the machine serial number. The part I’m confused about is it never made it in a machine. So how would they know what number to stamp on it.

If that’s the case spare part playfields probably don’t have it

#2737 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

It looks like maybe the date or something was on it but it’s not legible. [quoted image]

Either way it’s a nice looking playfield and it has a Kruzman clear job on it. Mazle too to whoever buys it

#2745 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am ready to pull my hair out. I got 15 emails from someone who wanted a spiderman nos pf. he wanted to make sure it was new. he wanted to make sure its was not cleared, but it has a clear. he said he will take it several times. he sent me his address, I sent him mine and the total. I had to explain over several emails that it dosent matter if you send a check or a post office money order. I had to explain what a post office money order is. then he asked if he could send a money order from his bank? fine. again, he will take it. I make out a shipping tag. he didnt send his phone number, I ask and he sends it. Then he writes can he send pay pal he will send an extra 10$, and is it used? before I answer he writes forget it, sorry to waste your time.
I dont have much hair left to be pulling out. 55 years old and an advance degree and this is what I do for a living. I am as dumb as him.

Ron can you just send me 5 NOS playfields and I will send you money after they arrive. I promise I will send

#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Mr Guitarded shared a fantastic idea for using the kruzman pf install kit more efficiently.
When my special glue is loaded in the hypo, its much thinner than water, and a couple bad things can happen. It can drip, or the eye will get a little clogged from debris causing it to split or shoot off to the side, like a post-sex urine stream. (we are all adults here)
So he suggested keeping a piece of cardboard on the pf where you are working like a 15 inch "drop cloth" and the other part is, he uses card stock and uses a hole punch to put a hole in the center. He puts this over the hole or area he is going to drip the clear. Rather than just working over open pf. Its sounds so logical, but I never thought of it!
The install kits really help keep the heat and lights on in the winter in the studio.
It cost 100 shipped and comes with 12-15 different diamond bits specially picked out by me, and a stone to clean them when they get clogged up with a clear.
A inexpensive tool for measuring the diameter of screws and drill bits so you can know the size of the screw and use the drill bit that is one size smaller. Plus a glue kit which is an ounce of thinned out super glue, and 6 hypo needles to get the glue where you need it.
If you only used it to remove the clear out of the t nut holes and the pop bumper lug countersinks, you got your money's worth. Its so frustrating getting t nuts thru a bunch of clearcoat, and you have to get the heads of the pop bumper lugs to sit flush with the surface of the clear. Plus if you have the lugs with the jagged collar you want to measure those 2 diameters for pre drill. (the inexpensive measuring tool)

Hey man, I can’t remember if these came with any specific set of instructions. I am about to start populating the TAF you did for me and am going to need to buy a kit soon.

#2764 1 year ago

Thank you sir. I didn’t realize you should shoot glue in every hole

#2770 1 year ago

What do you guys do on your Kruzman cleared playfields as far as protectors. If it’s a home use only game do you still go full on cliffy’s or do you leave it all stock.

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Depends on the title and customer. They sometimes do affect the ball. I do not have one on my own TAF chair scoop fwiw. No wear after a few thousand plays and years.

It’s my own personal game and it also is a TAF. I never liked the look of the protectors and always subscribed to the thought that in my house were it’s only my friends and family playing I wouldn’t think the chair, swamp and thing hole would get chewed up.

Other games are IJ, TZ, TOM and T2

#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I like to see mylar pads where balls get dropped on the pf.
For known high wear areas like on a DE GnR axl hole, I used to get this great "removable mylar is what I called it" It was an office supplies product and about 2/3 the thickness of pinball mylar. You could custom make protectors and since it wasnt super glossy, it was very very hard to notice installed.
I hate condoms and I hate mylar. Both are good at their job, but I still hate them.
What I loved about the stuff I used to use, was after 2 years when you are ready to do a serious pf clean, you could pull it off with no adhesive sticking to the pf, and make a new one after cleaning the pf.
The key to really making it "invisible" was keeping in mind your edges. thats the only place that will cause it to be noticed, either from change of sheen or dirt around the edge. so I pull off the plastics and make my edges go under plastics where I could. Otherwise I cut so the edges sat on a key line. Since cause the eye to accept the break or change, the mylar edge, which is very minimal went unnoticed.
I am not talking about regular mylar here but the stuff I used to use and sell, but I couldnt find it any more. I havent looked in a couple years. if you think I should try to carry this again, let me know. I think I sold it for 5 bucks for 3 sheets. Its was cheap enough that the shipping was more than the product, so great to throw in with a pf.

Yes!!! I was definitely planning on putting Mylar under the ball drops.

I also vote for the low stick Mylar if you can find it again. I will buy some from you.

2 weeks later
#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have always been a maiden fan. I will own one some day. I still haven't played the premium yet. My buddy ryan bought one new and picked it up at the kalamazoo show. He was kind enough to set it up and let folks play. I didnt know the rules at all and I love it, plus the music!! It would have been a crime if that game didnt look as good as it does. All of the art work has been done over the years. Though they may be fun to play the LZ and rush titles do not draw me at all. My fear is that they will do a pink floyd pin and just make it uninspiring and lame. If they do a pink floyd pin, it better have something very new or cool as hell. Look at the toys on TOTAN. when that game came out, it must have blown minds, the cage ball saves, and the floating ball on the circle thing, plus the beautiful art.
anyway thats my 2 cents.
Also I want to invite anyone to post pics of any pf swaps they are doing, or any new pfs. I would like to see some nos pfs. I am always stressing that I will sell the last one, and they are all gone. should have saved one dummy.

Waiting on my Pindoc Rotisserie and to get my basement back together to start a TAF swap I will post pics as soon as I start

#2841 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Bummer on the sound down. WTF with the dumbass with mask on??? They don’t work. They never have. Ugh!

I knew I liked you Dave

#2843 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Can people please not start dumb shit in this thread? Take your issues somewhere else, this is for positive playfield talk.

Fair enough

#2864 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am totally unfamiliar with the prices of late model games, but with the demand of games of any title, my guess is godzilla will stay within 1000 of its sale price. I paid 9300 shipped. I dont even know if thats a good price or not.
Unless of course the pin bubble bursts, then all games will be cheap.
There is no way I could afford a 9300$ game. I financed it with zero down!!!!
I have spent years waiting for the prices to go down, and in the meantime, I am not playing and they are not going down. So i really meditated on it, and called upon my white trash roots spirit animal, the river rat, who told me to just charge it and if you walk in front of a bus, oh well!
Its an amazing game, and no use getting the pro, the spinning ramp on the right is a great addition. In my mind its right there with twilight zone, not as good, but its that kind of game (sorry to offend)

I have to track one of these down here in CT I have been hearing a lot of people sing it’s praises

#2874 1 year ago

Guys, does Ron seal the backs of playfields. I can’t remember for the life of me if I would have asked him to seal the backside of the playfield it was 4 years ago at this point. I can’t even tell by looking at it

#2876 1 year ago
Quoted from sunarf:

Here's a quote from Ron's email... "I also seal the back."

Yeah I went back and found my old email exchange with Ron he polyed the wood side. I thought I drained that beofe anybody saw that lol

#2878 1 year ago
Quoted from Dono:

Ron, do you have some type of logo? I have a lead on perhaps getting a small hot branding iron with your personalized logo/brand so you could emblazen your mark on the underside of the playfield... just a thought. I could potentially cover the cost as well, if it isn't exorbitant.

Would be happy to have a Kruzman seal stamped on the bottom of my playfield

#2882 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

This was on the last work of art (Taxi) Ron did for me and so happy he started adding these, although I would have preferred a branded mark LOL.[quoted image]

That’s cool, I guess my other playfields will get that stamp when they go to him

#2884 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Yeah not sure when he started adding them as the one I got in December 2020 didn’t have one, so sometime after that.
It looks to be a clear label, guess he did that in case some wanted to remove it, but it will stay on mine.

Ahh, yeah mine was 2019, Just noticed that it is a sticker thought it was a brand, think that is what Chris does at HEP does but can also see how that would ruffle some purist feathers

#2904 1 year ago

Any of you guys have a part list to make the Jim McCune style t-nut tool or something like it?

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Not sure what it is?

Bryan has one but thought maybe somebody else on here may have known, Jim sent him one before he got out of the business. It makes cranking the t-nuts into the playfield much easier and minimizes the risk of cracking the clear. I know you can do it with a few fender washers and felt padding but this one has a bearing attached that makes it even better from what I am told

#2909 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

The way I do it is use the flat bit from my install kit. That removes the clear and the teeth push in with your thumb alone. then when you install it the teeth go down a little further. Those teeth hate clear coat if it is as hard as it should be, it bends them.

I definitely knew to remove the clear, i was not aware that the teeth will bite into the wood without some pressure. Some people use a hammer, actaully Bryan said he used to use one until he got his hands on Jim's tool (see what I did there)

#2911 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

MMR: I made one following Jim’s recommendation. It pretty easy to make. I used a bearing from one of the many failed cheap tumblers I bought. Some washers and some 6 and 8-32 screws and you’re set.

What does the bearing actually do to make it easier than just a bunch of washers.

#2915 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just smoother and I had the bearing. I’m anal as my car show friends can attest but the washers would be fine.

Got it, I tend to be a pain in the ass about it too so I know where your coming from

2 weeks later
#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

In the depressing winter, when i get bummed, lonely whatever, I get this feeling that I can only describe as wanting to consume. Its been like that all my life, and has a lot to do with my drug/booze addictions, as well as obsessive compulsion. So In my older age, rather than dope, booze and hookers, I consume pfs and ebay goods (mostly coins).
So this week I scored lots of pfs. a month ago, I maxed out one card buying pfs and I said I was done, but I still had another card. Ha ha! jokes on them?
Anyway i got:
game of thrones
nos space shuttle
a sweet cpr flash gordon
Munsters pro which is beautiful. never played that game, but now I want to!
I swear there is one more, but I cant remember. All the better surprise when it shows up!

Let me know when you come across a TZ lol

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Hehe… yeah, that’s the truth … albeit Ron’s crates are built to take a pretty good punishing.

Agree, I have had two of Rons playfields delivered to me and one sent to him for a clear and in all three instances the arrived perfect. So either FedEx did a good job which I doubt they do or Ron’s crates do a hell of a job protecting (most likely)

#2991 1 year ago

Looks awesome Ron

#2992 1 year ago

Any words of wisdom on here from you guys on drilling the roll pins for the flippers on a new playfield. My NOS TAF that Ron cleared for me does not have the holes pre drilled and I am shit scared about drilling those bastards in

#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I always have issue on weather or not I should drill them when I drill and dimple. I decide not for 2 reasons. the first is I am not sure they will be the right combo or place on this pf since I am working off a template from another, and they need to be exact.
The other issue is I dont use or like them.
Drilling out that kiss pf that I was totally done with the clear, was no problem at all. I would definitely use the glue after drilling them because of the nature of the pins pushing outward. It's made to want to grab the sides, if it is going to be moved.

I have no issue not putting them in and honestly would save me from a mild heart attack while doing it. How do you line up the flippers otherwise

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am usually focused on the back end of the flipper not causing the ball to bounce or stall. A nice smooth straight line off the rails.
sounds like pillow talk.

Haha, I am sure Dave or Bryan will have something to say about it

#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I never put the roll pins in. There's honestly no need for them.
Line the flippers up with the inlane plastics so it's a straight line for the ball to roll. Once you have them both lined up, lift them up and make sure they raise the same distance.

Thanks Bryan makes total sense

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I had this exact same quandry. I had dimpled the back side of the PF that Ron did for me. But did not remember to drill all the way through, only half way. Then when I putting the flippers and mechs on, I realized my mistake. I decided to not drill them out for the roll pins. In case it would mess a very visible area up on the top of the PF. I looked at many pictures online. Then put a 1 foot ruler sideways down the inboard out lane. The ball rolls down that area straight. That was the process I did. I compared it to other games and it seemed right.

Yeah I figure too risky for little reward and Ron makes great points adds a wear spot

#3012 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

More projects
NOS EBD some planking and de lamination
IPB creech
DE BATMAN used but in amazing shape. I have been wanting to restore it for a long time, and I may get to it some day but I am going to make it available if someone wants to buy it.
Populated wild Fyre pf

WhTs the deal with the IJ?

1 week later
#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from Dono:

Just want to take a minute to provide a big shoutout and many kudos to Ron and his expert clearcoat service executed on my Illinois Pinball KISS reproduction playfield. The work on this field is just ridiculously awesome in every way. Perfect smooth as glass surface, perfectly dimpling, perfect everything. My son and I were flabergasted at how superb this thing looks... our first glance view of the surface under light was by itself well worth the price of the service. If you've never quite had the gumption to pull the trigger on a Ron Kruzman work of art you are sorely missing. We are blessed to have Ron provide this service to the pinball community; I'll be sending you more work in the very near future.
Once I finish up a few games for Pinfest, I'll begin work on the KISS P/F swap and will post pix once that work is complete. Thanks again for a job incredibly well done.
Don O

I own 2 Kruzman playfields, one was a clear on as NOS TAF I am working on now, that he did for me and another a restored CFTBL that he sold when the guy he was doing the work for didn’t pay him. Both are beautiful works of art. The creature has become a nice wall hanger since I ran out of room for games. RON is a great guy I am glad we have him in the community

2 weeks later
#3054 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Posting some pf porn.
The GnR CE is my new prized possession. Not to brag, but I have nos DE GnR, nos JJP GnR, and NOS JJP GnR CE.
I have still never owned a MM or a AFM game. never really wanted either, but its rare for someone who has owned pins since 1983 to never owned those titles.
The Addams Fam is a mirco repro. I posted it because I like the glitter in the addams fam logo in the center. subtle, yet flash. I dig it
The star roll overs are a job that was dropped off last weekend. I am not sure what happened to them. I am going to call and find out. pretty sure I can make them like they should be
I just got the 007 and pink panther this weekend. I think its the third I have had of both titles this year, and by far the nicest versions.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The GNR artwork is really something. I like the old DE version also but the translite is gross

#3055 1 year ago

Alright for you guys that have used Ron’s install kit do you only use the cone bits to remove the clear from the holes? I am doing my first install and was trying it out on an inconspicuous spot under the wood rails and tried the different kinds of bits and felt I couldn’t get it down and just want to be sure when it comes to the real spots on the playfield.

Also what do you guys typically do, do you drill all the holes first so you don’t get dust everywhere. Then do you go bottom side first or topside first. I felt confident in my abilities until now.

Also worth mentioning this is on a new playfield not a cleared that was previously in a game

#3058 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

As for the install kit, I use the bit that looks like a football the most to remove the clear to predrill. It depends on the pf. Like if it is a mirco and he has the big dimple holes. If it is a pf where the dimple is fully cleared over, I use the big round bit. I use a flat top bit for the t nut depressions.
On some pfs that have the pop-bumper nail/screw lugs, I will use the football, then I predrill and then I will use a big flat bit to get the clear out of the way for the head to counter sit (unless the lug is the type with fins to stop it from turning. you dont want those fins splitting clear).
Dave macy of dmacy on pinside has had a lot of experience with the bits, even more than me. I always use the slow speed on my dremil, but it was his idea to use the cordless drill with some bits.

I am actually have both kinds of jet bumper screw should I avoid the fin shanks and only use the screw in

#3061 1 year ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Is there are tips for not pissing yourself in terror the first time you lower a spinning dremel onto your playfield?
Side note to Ron - the better half got through the lottery for both Saint Paul PJ shows. Pretty damn nice when they play a mile and a half from home.

Yeah a catheter hahaha, that’s why the first time I did it last night I did it under the wood rails so it was an inconspicuous spot

#3066 12 months ago
Quoted from ibis:

Is there a different thread about the kit, the bits and how to use them? id like to research this.

No separate thread that I am aware of, but Dave dmacy does a good job at going over how to use it. Even with Dave's great writeup questions still come up I have been just firing them off on this thread and everybody including Ron have been a great help

#3068 12 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:I like to explain the concept of what we want to do, and everybody uses the differently.
Its common to get a pf that has burrs in all of the holes from the cnc bit being dull or going to fast.
Actually the idea for the whole thing came from installing pop bumper nail lugs. I wanted to get them to sit flush with the clear, and I had finned nails. Then I got sick of bending the teeth on t nuts.
Another example is on the totan repro. the holes for the save lane cages on both sides are always full of clear. same with the star roll overs. There is a special bit for stars in every kit.

I can attest, to the t-nuts bending. I forgot to clean out one of the t-nut holes my god what a difference between trying to sink them into bare wood vs clear coat

#3071 12 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Also the diamond bits do wear out eventually, and the glue only last 2 pfs max, so if you ever need parts for your kit, just let me know, I will help ya cheap. if there is one bit you like, and you wish it were more aggressive I may be able to help w that also.

What can you use to clean the glue that is safe for the clearcoat for those of us that get a little too happy with the glue

#3072 12 months ago

Did you ever find that low tack mylar?

#3076 12 months ago

Something I've wondered about the kit and the glue used to lock the clear back down around the edges of the hole:
Are there any issues should you ever have to depopulate a part of the playfield? Once a post is screwed in place - can you safely remove it again or will the glue harden and hold things such that removing it risks causing issues?

The point of the glue is to lock down the clear once you remove the clear from the holes. From what I understand (experts feel free to chime in if I am talking out of my ass) you remove the clear in a slightly larger diameter than the screw hole itself so that when you screw the screw into the hole the threads aren't anywhere near the clear. Also more importantly if you ever need to take the screw out, the threads aren't bumping the clear or when the wood peaks as you back the screw out its not pushing the clear up with it. That extra diameter in reaming out the clear gives you that clearence. Vid actually does a good job visualizing on one of his guides and Ron and the guys on here do an awesome job describing the process.

#3078 12 months ago

Yeah, that's my general understanding of it, and I think I can picture the image you're referring to from one of the Vid's threads.
I think my head is just hung up on the idea of the glue gripping the threads of the screw in some weird way. Where unscrewing it would somehow still cause the edges of the clear to come up regardless of the dremel creating clearance. Probably basically impossible. Once you clear a bit of the clear out of the way, pre-drill if you need to and use the glue to lock the edges of the clear back down - I assume you're good to go and there's nothing to worry about should you have to remove things later.
Dumb crap I think about 101.

Believe me I am also in the overthinking camp so I know what you are talking about. Let the glue dry before putting the screw in and only hit the sides of the hole where the clear meets the wood and you should be fine

#3080 12 months ago

Please tell me I can buff or compound this out!! I just started putting parts on and after I got the apron brackets on I wanted to test fit it just to see how it looked and this was the result. I don’t don’t feel any gouges but definitely have marks in the clear. I know it won’t stay perfect forever but this will piss me off if it’s permanent

#3083 12 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I always put a piece of painters tape in front of the lock tabs before installing..I had an apron once with a burr on the bottom...put a deep scratch into it...prior to me ownig it but I always remember that and now super anal about that issue

Ugh didn’t even think of that so pissed at myself. I don’t think it’s that deep of a scratch hopefully you can just barely feel it. Just looking for some advice to minimize visibility at this point luckily it’s not that obvious of a spot hopefully Ron jumps on today with his words of wisdom.

#3084 12 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I’ve put down little pieces of Mylar where they ride into.

Dave, anything I can try to minimize the visibility of the scratches, I know it won’t look perfect again but hopefully less visible

#3090 12 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I should have said, just like populating a pf, there is a lot of skill and experience polishing paint. so if you dont know anything about it, find a detailer, or do plenty of study, and maybe practice on your car.

Yeah I don’t have much experience at all detailing and probably should not fuck around with it, I assume I could make it worse. Is the risk worth it, I will know it’s there which will drive me nuts. My dads friend owns a body shop wondering if I should bring it down to him

#3092 12 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

absolutely. he will know if it needs to be sanded or if it can be done with compound

Ron and everybody that chimed in, thank you all for the advice. Got some help from my brother he is good at that stuff we were able to use the compound and get it pretty much out. It’s just a faint line you have to look really hard to see and given pinballs are going to be rolling all over the playfield and it won’t stay perfect I am going to leave it as is.

#3116 11 months ago

Ummm mr Kruzman are you keeping this or selling it???? You know this is exactly what I am looking for

#3119 11 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just wanted to say Ron your beautiful work to me is art. Carry on.
PS: Get out here to Allentown one of these years. We would love to have you.

Ron comes to Allentown, I’ll be there, because I doubt I’ll ever be in MI

#3126 11 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

No matter how many I have owned, I still get so excited when I get a NOS pf of an A-title game. I think Twilight zone would be one of the highest of the highs.
It was pretty cool to own that proto type pf with 3 mags a couple years ago, and I have owned probably 4 other NOS TZ.
BUT never one this nice. dam this pf is just beautiful. I cant find the flaw. it may be that there is a knot the size of a nickel under the art, and if you look at an angle you can see it in the reflection, I think that is the flaw.
A super cool client contacted me because he found it, and it was available. I asked him to buy it for me, and we would work it out, with the job I was doing for him. I really appreciate it when folks write or call me when they see a nos pf available that they dont want. I dont have the time to look. Also, I have found that if I look for NOS pfs, I end up buying everything that is for sale, weather it will ever sell or not!
I am not a huge fan of signatures, but surprisingly I like the Youssi scribble. I havent quite figured out the price yet. I am Him and Hawing on weather or not I should keep it in my collection.
With coins, and baseball cards, and other collectables like concert posters, there is a 3rd party company that grades them. The best part about it is then you can see how many there are out there, and in what condition. I have been saying for years, there cant be many out there? Every time one gets installed, there is one less NOS out there. This is the best NOS TZ I have seen or owned. So far.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just curious how come they didn’t put the part number on the side where John’s signature is? Is this an early production or something

#3128 11 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

That is something I have never seen before. also there is the numbering of the screens in little letters below that usually. It always says 1st, 2nd, then 3, 4, 5....
It has just the 2nd right in the place, but without all of the other.
Coyote is the professor on TZ.
This came from a WPC employee that worked on this title. He owned it since they made it.

Thing is gorgeous I am curious what Coyote thinks he always has great insight too. Maybe even rarer of a playfield than just standard NOS

#3130 11 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Back in the WPC days, not all fields had art that had the game's model number on it.
As I told a few others - I believe it's a mid-run Sun Process playfield. (Note: I accidentally mentioned it was LencSmith in statements made previously to folks...! I just mistyped; brain fart.) Based on the dates, it could be the FIRST run of SP playfields for the game - I do not know of anyone having an SP sample or proto field.
That would explain the lack of a model number, and the missing pop-bumper post holes. If memory serves, SP used their own file types for the wood work, and they also modified all the art-files to include "-SP" in the WMS part number (reference - plastics). So my educated and somewhat shot-in-the-dark guess is that it's a first-order from SP.
Why it was never used? .. Can't tell by looking at photos. It COULD be a 'test field' from SP for the WMS quality guy to approve before an order was placed. That would also explain the multiple date stamps on the edge of the field.
Again - conjecture. Having seen the photos - art-wise it looks like a d@mn good field. If I had a production-run TZ with an NOS field in it, I would freakin' seriously consider this field over a Mirco reproduction.

Thanks Coyote for the lesson. It’s an awesome looking playfield and as I have mentioned before we all know Ron knows his stuff so not a doubt in my mind if he says it’s genuine and beautiful than that’s good enough for me. The missing numbers threw me off never saw that before.

2 months later
#3267 9 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Its half nos and half repro. many have what looks like my clear, and I noticed my crown stamp from pre 2012 on one of them.
There are a couple of nos you may be in to, but only 2 are A title dmd. there are 2 butthamburg repros in there.
I dont think this will be a huge fall off the wagon for you.
I all ready have 3 of them. So if the deal dosent happen because I cant get the $ together it wont kill me.
40% are steve ritchie design
30% lawlar designs
1 gottlieb

Quoted from kruzman:

Its half nos and half repro. many have what looks like my clear, and I noticed my crown stamp from pre 2012 on one of them.
There are a couple of nos you may be in to, but only 2 are A title dmd. there are 2 butthamburg repros in there.
I dont think this will be a huge fall off the wagon for you.
I all ready have 3 of them. So if the deal dosent happen because I cant get the $ together it wont kill me.
40% are steve ritchie design
30% lawlar designs
1 gottlieb

IJ or TOM in there by any chance??

2 weeks later
#3330 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

That NOS GnR that john has now, is a really special pf to me. It has a really amazing history that I havent told anyone. Its not only one of the best 3 games made, but the pf itself has a personal story, that I cant say about any other.
Very special pf.

A very cool game, love that it plays the music from the album. All great songs too

#3337 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I did a house audit, when I found a couple pfs behind the couch today. Feel free to pass it on. Everything is new or nos unless noted.
Tommy
bally cpr Kiss
diner cpr
Game of thrones
Demo Man nos
DE Guns and Roses cpr
JJP Guns and Roses CE
JJP Guns and roses not CE
Iron maiden premium
road show nos
Elvis
whirlwind screened cpr
TX sector
No Fear
Total nuclear inaliation
NO Good Gophers NOS
No Good Gophers butthamburg repro
Rocky and bullwinkle restored cleared/kruz,man
Safe cracker NOS
Munsters
Earth shaker screened cpr
alice cooper
Dead Pool
Jurassic park stern LE
Jurassic Park stern
Rolling Stones stern LE
rolling Stones bally NOS
charlie and the chocolate factory
Avengers
Bumper Pool
Ted Nugent nos
star wars episode 1 pin 2k
Monte Carlo gottlieb
Nitro ground shaker cpr gold
Space station NOS
Space shuttle NOS
Avitar
Wheel of fortune
Spring Break
Batman Dark Knight
Transformers LE
mario andretti
Seawitch greatsandwich repro
Monopoly
Sharkies shootout restored/cleared kruzman
Houdini
Hobbit
Medusa cpr gold screened
Corvette NOS
Circus Voltaire IPB repro
AC/DC pro
Popeye
Knock out bally nos
spiderman stern
Captn Fantastic nos bally
Hurricane
Iron Man
CSI
Harley Davidson stern
car hop
Black Knight set cpr
The following need a little work so I will take offers to buy as is.
Creature from Black Lagoon IPB area of slight mis-print
Kiss cpr small area of damage to art in center. (sanding)
Eight Ball Delux NOS water damage
Stingray stern
Capcom flipper football
Right now is a really good time to make an offer and save on a pf. I will sell as low as I can to get some cash flow going.

No IJ NOS hanging out under there or TOM?

#3360 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have always liked the 3 pinbot games. I am one of the few that likes bride the least of the 3. I really like bride but I like Jack and pin better.
I am surprised people are not more in to comet, cyclone, and hurricane. I would kill for another cyclone. back when it was fresh on route I played a lot of comet. I have never owned hurricane.

I love cyclone

#3367 8 months ago

Any harm leaving I mostly unpopulated playfield in a rotisserie for a while?

I have my TAF that I didn’t get around to finishing sitting on a rotisserie. It has the side rails screwed in place. It’s one of pin docs rotisseries so it being held in place by the playfield brackets on both ends not trigger clamps. Do I have to worry about warping or anything?

IMG_1628 (resized).jpegIMG_1628 (resized).jpeg
#3369 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I would not worry with the rails on and there seems to be no extra weight.
My daily life is dealing with plywood warping. It does seem that if I dont make sure, when I stand them against the wall, on top of each other, I have to make sure that both sides of the top, and bottom are in line with the pf I am laying it on. So my point is they love to warp.
Actually I dont have an opinion on this one, since I just dont know.
I am sure there are others like me that get distracted and left their pf on the rack for a season or 2?.
I sure like the way the roticery I showed last week has side support rails. So the whole pf edge is supported all the way around.

Thanks sir. That’s your handiwork dying to get in a game

#3371 8 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You could always turn it 90 degrees either direction and not worry about a thing.

Ha funny you say that I was down the basement earlier looking at it saying that same thing to myself wondering if that would be a better position

#3380 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Here are some pics of a proto TZ. It came with just ink. It never even got locked down, so I had to be super careful with this one. I have 2 coats on it now, and its finally flat except just a couple inserts have cracks/holes around them.
After the first coat I have to hand sand with woven, wool style abrasive. The sander would have gone right thru to the ink, and my world would be shit.
After the second coat I used the sander carefully, and got some good results, did some hand sanding on edges.
This hasnt been dimpled, and needs some drilling, as well as touch up on the inserts and the red path on top, but I need to get with cayote, and have him tell me again what the plan is on this one. It may be for wall art, and he just wanted to protect it, since it was very vulnerable, especially over time, and movement.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey I thought I got your last super awesome TZ playfield . This will look great hanging on a wall

How does a playfield like that get insert wear, or is due to the inserts shifting over time

#3382 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

He got this from some where else, I think long ago.

I figured, just messing with you

#3387 8 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No dimpling, no drilled holes unless absolutely necessary. Sadly, too many incorrect things on this PF to make it even usable in a game. So it is, yes, regulated to wall art. But this little piece of history will be protected now!

It would look awesome on the wall.

Coyote have you ever seen the sketch drawings of the original backglass where Rod Serling had his signature cig. He looks total cartoonish but wish the cig made it in the Final Cut. I understand why it didn’t but you never saw that guy without one

#3404 8 months ago

It’s freaking nuts how expensive shit has gotten I was talking to one of vendors out there about my next or see and trying to plan ahead and he said that the number of order has started to slow down and lead times are dropping. I have to believe that we are starting to see people abandon some of the luxuries. I also saw that prices of Rolexes on the secondary market are plummeting they have been insane as it is and maybe it’s a correction or again an indication of people cutting back even people that are more wealthy

#3407 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

fixing a little de-lamination
[quoted image]

Working late? Or just posting at night?

#3417 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I spend forever sanding. Friday I opened a quart of clear hardener. Its a 4 to 1 mix. I had 4 pfs sanded and prepped, and I laid a coat on all 4 and prepped one pf for the next day. The next day in the morning I prepped another, I forget which, and cleared those 2. Yesterday was balls humid so I packed 4 used pfs in custom boxes,for shipping, they were all different sized including an atari which is 48x25 I think, and spent the second half of the day painting the kiss pf.
I just got home from doctor bs, and I have nothing sanded to clear, and that hardener only has about 2 more days before it starts getting crappy. Tomorrow is suppose to be 95 with 75-80% humidity, so no spraying or sanding tomorrow. the sand dust balls up and clogs the paper.my point is half of that qt of hardner is going to go to waste. I am way better off paying the extra 5 bucks each for the half pints, but for some reason they dont stock enough for me.
The DA sanding is not bad, it just makes cancerous dust, and a lot of it. the hard part that takes the time is sanding over the edges. I dont know for sure but it makes sense that if the clear didnt have something to bite on to, it would easily lift as soon as you got to the glossy part that didnt get sanded as part of the flat surface. So even the dimples have a 2 mm ring around them that dont get touched with the sander. It seems to me if I didnt sand that well, if someone drilled or threaded there, it would easily lift. That I have seen happen on repros.
A couple years ago, 2018, I hired a girl with an art background to help sand and do other things. she sanded at 1/3 my speed, and 20 bucks an hour and quit after 4 days. we had about 30 pfs in the shop at that time and all of them needed sanding. so I did the da sanding and the hand sanding for the last block sand, she did the sanding in between coats, and it wasnt worth it to her. a single mother, on welfare and food stamps and medicaid. Plus I was paying cash.
If I had a helper that just sanded I could double my production. I just cant pay anyone to do it. At least the girl I just talked about sanded well enough that I didnt have to redo the whole thing after she did it. That was the case with my other helper. every job, sanding, painting what ever, it was never up to my quality, even when I would explain this is not good enough. rather than doing it better he got all pissed off. I dont enjoy that part of mgmt, and if I am going to have to do it, I will get a job that I at least get paid better, to hate my work.
For now, I just do it and say... "its better than digging ditches"

The world needs ditch diggers too

#3437 8 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:Good lord Ron, the more pics and stories you tell it further opens my eyes that it's not always as simple as sand/shoot/sand/shoot/sand/shoot/sand/buff ordeal.
I know I've said it before but damnit dude, it's past time you tell people "I can potentially run into X,Y or Z and if so, this is how much extra it will cost you".
Send a pic as proof with the clients name and date on a piece of paper next to the repair being recommended and let them decide. You shouldn't have to eat anything extra but you sure as hell should get paid for it!

Some of us clients would gladly pay the up charge if that is what it takes. I know I am getting what I pay for and if it needs to be more because Ron is dumping hours into it then so be it

1 month later
#3550 7 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

A lot of folks have pfs sent straight to me.
I have a bunch pf jobs in the shop right now that came right from the maker, and they are too fresh to clear. if I clear them too soon, when the wood shrinks the inserts move and the clear is no longer perfectly flat. so its best to Take shipment of it, let it air out. Dont leave it in the box, keep it out of the closet. let it get aired out for 4 months. The longer the better.
Once a pf is cured as much as it is going to get, they will still absorb moisture if stored in a humid place (over 50% rel humidity) wich will cause the grain to swell. I do everything I can to seal them up, but I cant seal them all of the way, especially the insert holes, or any hole. I sand and seal the back, and some clear sprays down in some holes, but not complete at all.
So If I finish a job and it looks perfect, and ship it to you and your basement is humid, or you live in south carolina and the windows are open, the pf will adjust to the new humidity.
The key is changes in humidity cause it to move. I try to keep my house and shop closed up because of the humidity, and that still means about 50-60% rel humidity.
lastly, once a pf is in a game, the game is another layer of sealing it up, from changes in humidity.
changes in humidity makes wood move. Try to avoid that.
I keep my stock of about 100 nos/new pfs in the spare bedroom, and that door and windows are always shut.

Any IJ or TOM sitting in there

#3553 7 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

There are 2 IJs here that I waited 3 months after they got here still fresh from mirco, and I have been letting them sit a long time. They are prob ready to join the rest.

Ughhh micro

#3561 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I seriously figured we were going to start a cult around that alien pf. Its the best work I have done to date. well most of the work I didnt do, the fellas at buthamburg did,.... but I made is real shinny and purdy!!!!!

He does some nice work. His T2 cabinet decals were a dead match. I only wish he was doing the playfields back when I restored mine

#3569 6 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

"From what I have heard" "As I understand" "According to my sources" "Some have said" "Based on the stoties"
Sure Ron, sure.

I am going to start my own city, with hookers and blackjack….

1 week later
#3629 6 months ago

Any broncos out there? Their value skyrocketed in the last 4 years

#3638 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I paid $1500 for this 1967 circa mid 90s. Kinda wish I still had it.
[quoted image]

Restored going for over 100k today it’s nuts. Was in Nantucket this summer there was one parked outside the place we were staying with a for sale sign $95k

#3641 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know. TV and movies made it a star just like Grand Wagoneers that the junkyards were full of in the 90s and 2000s.

That and Ford brining it back

#3648 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I was growing 34 plants in my basement. The year of my trial the state voted medicinal (which this was) legal. 2 years later fully legal. My first encounter, and since I have a registered and licenced in my name, pistol in my night stand thats committing a felony with a hand gun. mandatory minimum 2 years! The judge apologized, but...
They seize my accounts and house and rentals. the law is written that even if I can show my income could pay for everything I owned, One dollar of pot money spoils the whole thing. They decide what the bootie was worth (780,000) and you have 21 days to post 10% cash, or its gone. I asked when the auction would be and they said there will not be one, we will keep this stuff to aid in the fight against drugs (dump truck, bobcat, every power tool that has a case, my drum kit, 7 or 9 pins, you get the pic. I ended up buying the compound from them. They had some woman living here when I got out. A dear friend co-signed for it. I had the original and the cop mortgage for a long time, now just one.
I talked to an attorney about getting my felonies expunged since there is a pot store on every corner. He quoted me 10-12 grand. I said F it. I am not loosing another dollar to the system. After it was done I had probation for 2 more years,(which cost a lot of money and meant I had to call a cab constantly for the 20 mile each way trip since they took my drivers license for 1 year,(I was in my living room when I got busted. They take you license and every other thing they can do because they have you over a barrel.) . and I had to have a job for probation/parole, so me and my 2 degrees rode a bicycle to subway. I tried to get food stamps when I worked at subway and they said, "you have a drug conviction, you cant get any kind of welfare".
The law was changed a while ago and now I can vote.
When I was in college I got caught with a fake license and got a misdemeanor for that , so growing plus fake id+ public enemy. mandatory minimums are a trip. Made by populist crooked butt-sucking politicians, with no law degrees.
It really messed me up mentally. I think its why I cant save money, and I piss it away the sec I get it now. I used to be a big saver. Since, I have not even J walked, and I will never stand before a judge again. Its like an 80% recidivism rate. How could anyone go thru that twice? I would blow my brains all over the place before I went thru that again.... but I am not allowed to buy or own a gun

Holy shit. I always knew something happens but never heard you tell the full story. That’s fucked up

1 week later
#3726 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Oh no, now I have to have one like the erector set one.... Lol

Buy the Pindoc ones they are awesome. Pricey but work great

#3734 6 months ago

I can say the same about my TAF between finding a NOS playfield, having a new cabinet built the base game granted I bought it in the mid 2000s, Ron’s clear job, plating all the brackets, random parts and having Bryan Kelly finish the assembly I am prob well north 12k but it will be in my house forever and I don’t care.

#3746 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

When I eventually end up getting my GNR PF, it’s to hang a Kruzman piece of art on the wall… I mean it.

Not a bad thing at all. I have a Kruzman restored CFTBL that will end up being a wall hanger when I get the space to put all my games in

2 weeks later
#3808 5 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I added a poll at the top of the page or thread about the choice between NOS and repro pfs when doing a game restoration. It will help. I know there are people who dont want repros at all, and people that will pay for nos even if it is more. I just dont know if it is a small percentage or if it is most.
I dont buy too many repros since I dont get a discount, and once I pay shipping, you cant buy it cheaper from the maker.
But when I do, it takes the gamble out of buying a repro and the star inserts are totally clogged, or the print is bad. I always describe the flaws in a pf before I talk about the good stuff, since people assume the good stuff.
Plus I like to have nos pfs because they are so cool since they are from the original making of the game. There are only so many, and every day they become more and more rare. So that is one of the reasons I will but a nos pf that is a title that is not popular.
One of the reasons why, is an amazing restored game is awesome no matter the title. For example I bought a gottlieb Dragon SS (game). I had never wanted it, or played it. When I saw it has a nos pf installed and a nos back glass, and new plastics, I saw it as a new game. so I bought it no regrets.
BUT nos stuff cost a lot more, mostly because it needs to be cleared, inserts painted and glued, and any damage repaired.
So if you have restored a game, or plan to some day, please take that poll. also if you have an opinion that you feel strong about and think it will add to the convo please feel free to post it here.

You know me Ron NOS all the way I’ll spend whatever it takes. I will even go as far as restored original if you can locate one not too blown out to redo. And yes I would rather buy from you any day of the week because I know I am getting what you say it is and your as honest as can be and stick to your word just like you did with that NOS TZ you sold me earlier this year

#3847 5 months ago

Does anybody on here have any interest in a Kruzman restored Creature From the Black Lagoon playfield. This was a playfield Ron restored for somebody back when he was doing them and the guy ended up not paying, it’s restored to original condition no naked girls or any of that stuff. I will post pics just have to get it out of from storage. Been stored flat in a climate controlled area of my house. Never ended up getting a CFTBL and I have hit my max for games in my house. Plus want to use the proceeds to pick up a NOS TOM for my upcoming restoration

#3850 5 months ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

You dont do resto’s Ron ? Clear only ?

Minor touch ups on new playfields to do paint corrections or fix insert shifting but he hasn’t done restoration in a really long time.

#3851 5 months ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Does anybody on here have any interest in a Kruzman restored Creature From the Black Lagoon playfield. This was a playfield Ron restored for somebody back when he was doing them and the guy ended up not paying, it’s restored to original condition no naked girls or any of that stuff. I will post pics just have to get it out of from storage. Been stored flat in a climate controlled area of my house. Never ended up getting a CFTBL and I have hit my max for games in my house. Plus want to use the proceeds to pick up a NOS TOM for my upcoming restoration

Photos as promised

IMG_2543 (resized).jpegIMG_2543 (resized).jpegIMG_2545 (resized).jpegIMG_2545 (resized).jpegIMG_2546 (resized).jpegIMG_2546 (resized).jpegIMG_2548 (resized).jpegIMG_2548 (resized).jpegIMG_2549 (resized).jpegIMG_2549 (resized).jpegIMG_2551 (resized).jpegIMG_2551 (resized).jpegIMG_2552 (resized).jpegIMG_2552 (resized).jpegIMG_2553 (resized).jpegIMG_2553 (resized).jpegIMG_2554 (resized).jpegIMG_2554 (resized).jpegIMG_2555 (resized).jpegIMG_2555 (resized).jpeg
#3853 5 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

What is the asking price for the CFTBL? Asking for a friend, who is considering a Repro.

1800 crated and shipped

#3855 5 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

That creech still looks amazing. one of the prettiest pfs, for sure.

Its a shame they get covered up with all the ramps when its in a game

#3860 5 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Whoever did the original art for that title is awesome!!!!

Yeah not my first choice to sell it but hard to give up a NOS TOM that your cleared

#3877 5 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Looking for an Addams Family Playfield.. Anyone?

Oof good luck man, they are hard to come by unless you go with the Mirco ones

#3890 5 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have 2 of them here. They have been here like 10 months. I am embarrassed how long they have been here. A couple years ago a fella had me clear his IJ, and I think I gave it a month or so to cure before starting. I did my best work, and the customer was from across the country and was going to stop by and pick it up while on a road trip. I wrapped up the beautiful pf, and 6 months later when he and his girlfriend came to get it, I unwrapped it and the inserts had lifted. Not enough to cause any cracking in the clear or anything like that, but when you have a perfect mirror, the slightest flaw is huge. It wasnt enough to scrap the clear and redo it, but it wasnt like it was 6 months earlier. Like I said there is not much wiggle room in the flawless category. Usually you get an A for 90-100% and B for 80-90% and so on. If I had a pf that scored a 94, I would consider it a total failure.
So then I get dave's and another IJ over the winter and they are as fresh as can be, I could smell them before I opened the box. I let them set about 4 months, and sanded them, put one coat on and let them sit. within 2 months the inserts had lifted a bit, I could feel them. So I sanded them flat and set them aside, right in front of my work space. Some how my brain figured they came in the spring. Anyway I dropped the ball and probably could have started more coats 3 months ago, but whatever. When I checked them last week they had not moved since the last sanding. Now they are in the mix with the others and now have 3 and 4 coats.
I have just become so gun shy with brand new pfs. When they come and they are fresh off the presses there is a good chance they will morph a lot during their initial cure dry of the wood, ink, and clear. If I put my clear down before it is done turning in to a butterfly, it will keep morphing/curing but with my smooth surface. The inserts will still lift, sink, spin around, as well as the wood grain. Occasionally wood grain will pop on an older pf from being exposed to high humidity.
Anyway these 2 IJ's are not usual business. I really want them to be perfect, and I screwed up the dates.
It usually takes 3-4 months for my process. The longer between the coats the better, so if it takes 4 months and 2 weeks I wont charge you extra for the stronger, more stable surface.
Once again, short answer made long by ron kruzman

How are IJs to touch up? I don’t mean blown out but minor insert things and such.

#3903 5 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

That sucks. FedEx is always my last choice when I have the option.

I always had good luck with them when shipping playfields. Who do you use Dave

1 week later
#3961 4 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

This T-2 by the butthamberg fellas was a total gentleman. required nothing but the clear. everything else is perfect. All of the people who make pin parts for us do a great job. I know these guys are a small set up but their quality is great!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Been hearing great things about these guys

#3969 4 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Super jealous of the T2 and White Water. Both will play hella nice as they look.

This may be the one time I would consider using a repro over original. I had my t2 playfield restored before I knew Ron by another guy. It looks good but you can still see the touch ups if you look close enough. May buy one for the hell of it and have a Ron clear job done

#3972 4 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

last I heard the T2 repros were not available (this was back when I got this pf in early sept) . I had a t2 and a f14. I priced them both at 800 and they both sold in a week. I dont know if it was because I got a good price on them, or if it was because they were not available.

He’s printing a run of T2 currently should be ready in the next two weeks. It’s totally sold out pre order wise but has a list of people he will reach out to if people back out

1 week later
#4020 4 months ago

Just but one of bauthamburgs T2s should be coming this week. How long should it sit in my house before I even consider having you clear it. I know you have a backlog anyway but just curious since this is the first time I ever bought a repro

#4022 4 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I borrowed this pic off pacmans ac/dc for sale, to show what happens to the shooter lanes in no time. I had the same thing happen on mine, but I caught it pretty quick, and I made a mylar patch to stop any further wear. I sold the game last summer, and I was cleaning the pf and found the patch of mylar and forgot that I used it. My acdc didnt have mylar in places like the middle of the pops, and where the ball returns drop the ball on the pf.
This is the removable mylar I sell. It comes in a 8x11 sheet so you can make your own custom cuts, and put the edges out of sight. By removable, I mean you can pull it up without harming the pf, or cleaning up glue.
I recommend when removing any sticker or tape, you try to pull it back on its self rather than up. I say that after over 15 years of mylar removal.
This spot on the stern games is a point of contention for me. It happens sometimes in 25 games or less.
I sell the mylar sheets for 25$ shipped. I put 5 or 6 sheets in there. I am sure it can be found cheaper, but this and my install kits help keep the heat and lights on in the studio during the michigan winter months, which can be sept till june sometimes.
[quoted image]

Do you ever have to worry about this kind of thing happening on a properly cleared playfield especially one that is only getting used occasionally in a home environment

#4067 4 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

That is a clean job! all of those parts look brand new. what method did you use to clean everything? The way I clean a wire harness, is I hang it in the shower, and I have a commercial spray bottle that I put my simply green in, and I start at the top and work down. I use the power of the sprayer to get in between the wires. I use a whole bottle, and then rinse in the shower, and then let it hang to dry for 24 hours.
I dont know how common it is, but my brain doesnt get excited to build something from scratch, though I can and do it. The endorphins really kick in when I see something go from all messed up and filthy in disrepair, to better than new.

It can be expensive but there is nothing like an ultrasonic cleaner. I bought one earlier this year the shit that comes out of these parts is unreal

#4070 4 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I was wondering about that. Does it have a liquid that it sets in?
I bought a royal flush from a fella that was going thru something, and polishing made him at ease. He shopped the game really well. He took the coin door apart on his bench one weekend and polished all of the parts. Its really stood out. I am like a fish, I like shiny things.

I don’t think anything sets in. I use purple power and throw all the harnesses right in there and they come out so clean. Rinse them off and blow them off with a compressor.

#4093 4 months ago

Ron I think I speak for most of us on here that we come to you because you are the best at what you do. This is an expensive hobby and we all know what we are getting ourselves into. The ones that are going to nickel and dime don't appreciate what you are capable of doing and should really evaluate if they want the best work possible or if they just want it done. The latter should just go to one of the run of the mill restorers

1 week later
#4114 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

This week, I am pretty sure i can squeeze 100 or close to it off any title. Either the price, or shipping, or a crate, or install kit, I will find 100$
But only in the next about 7 days before the propane truck gets here to fill both tanks. So I can take paypal if sent as a gift/friends and family.
Unfortunately I haven't found a reasonable ship to Australia
Here are the pfs available
NOS DE Tommy cleared by Kruzman $1300
Diner cpr repro cleared by Kruzman 1300
NOS Iron Maiden Pro stern cleared by kruzman 1300
NOS No Good Gophers cleared by Kruzman 1300
NOS Transformers LE cleared by kruzman 1375
Whirlwind cpr repro 850
DE Guns and Roses cpr repro 950
NOS Alice Cooper Factory second 500
NOS Elvis 850
NOS JJP Guns and Roses CE 1500
NOS JJP Guns and Roses non CE version 850
Nos Stern Munsters 850
EarthShaker cpr repro 900
NOS No Fear! 850
NOS Deadpool 850
NOS Stern Rolling Stones LE 1000
NOS Bally Rolling Stones 1300
NOS JJP Charlie and the ch Factory 850
NOS Stern Avengers LE/Prem 1000
NOS Bally Bumper Pool 750
NOS Stern Ted Nugent 875
NOS Star Wars Episode 1 pin2k 850
NOS Monte Carlo Gottlieb 700
Nitro Ground Shaker cpr repro 850 Plastics available also.
NOS Stern Avitar 700
NOS Stern Wheel of Fortune 700
NOS Stern Batman Dark Knight 800
NOS Spring Break gottleib 700
Medusa cpr repro 850
No Good Gophers Repro 900
NOS Mario Andretti Gottleib 700
NOS 007 Gottlieb 900
Seawitch Greatwich Repro 800
NOS Monopoly Stern cleared by Kruzman 1300
NOS Safecracker cleared by kruzman 1300
NOS Houdini 700
NOS JJP Hobbit 850
NOS Corvette Bally 900
NOS Jurrasic Park Pro stern 850
Circus Voltaire IPB repro 700
NOS AC/DC stern Pro 850
NOS Popeye Bally 850
NOS Knockout Bally 700
NOS Spiderman stern 850
NOS Captain Fantastic/Elton John Bally 750
NOS Hurricane williams 800
NOS Iron Man stern 850
NOS CSI stern 800
NOS Stern Harley Davidson 700
NOS Pirates of the Caribbean stern 850
NOS flipper football capcom 500
Strange World Wade Krausse repro 950
NOS capcom Pin magic 850
NOS Bally Night rider ss/em amazing condition 900
CPR Black Knight set regular inserts, not jeweled cleared by kruzman 1300
NOS stern sting ray sanded, prepped for resto/clear by someone besides me 475
NOS bally 8 ball delux rough shape but totally restorable by someone besides me 575
Install kits are 100 shipped
removable mylar is 30 shipped for 5 sheets
Used pfs
IJ $500
t2 300
cue ball wizard amazing condition 275
Family guy 400
Kiss repro I was prepping it and sanded too deep in to an area 500
stern magic 225
6 mil dollar man 150
bobby orr 150
Earth shaker 300
wild fyre stern populated 300 pick up only
I will take a look and write down some more used pfs.

What kind of shape is the IJ in?

1 week later
#4149 3 months ago
Quoted from flipper_nutz:

FOR SALE - NOS INDIANA JONES - Ron Kruzman CLEARED!!!
I'm offering up my beloved IJ playfield FOR SALE to someone looking for the last oppurtunity to have a flawless Original NOS IJ PF. It was for my ultimate restore that I'm not going to have the time to do, so making it available to someone(like me) that only wants the best NOT a reproduction. Ask Ron or Myself if you have any questions at all? Thanks Anthony B.
Kruzman thread for playfield: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/48#post-7113245
PINSIDE FOR SALE AD: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/170844[quoted image]

Quoted from flipper_nutz:

FOR SALE - NOS INDIANA JONES - Ron Kruzman CLEARED!!!
I'm offering up my beloved IJ playfield FOR SALE to someone looking for the last oppurtunity to have a flawless Original NOS IJ PF. It was for my ultimate restore that I'm not going to have the time to do, so making it available to someone(like me) that only wants the best NOT a reproduction. Ask Ron or Myself if you have any questions at all? Thanks Anthony B.
Kruzman thread for playfield: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/48#post-7113245
PINSIDE FOR SALE AD: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/170844[quoted image]

Holy shit!! Beautiful but way out of my price range

#4153 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Boy that ij is beautiful... and one of the best games ever made.
A really low dough improvement I did on my ij, back when dinosaurs roamed west michigan, was upgrade the speakers and add a powered sub. They did a great job on the sound of the game, its just the factory sound is not nearly as good as it can be.

Not cheap but with all the advances I hear using the pin sound board and the real score from the movies is an even bigger improvement too.

1 week later
#4192 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Posted by one of my MOST patient supporters.

Good work is not cheap nor is it quick, we all come to you because we want quality. Still baffles my mind how people cant build a proper time line into a project and account for this

1 week later
#4221 81 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I got a letter from france, where a guy is looking for a transformers pro pf. I have a clearcoated LE. So I told him he is welcome to post on this thread, and I wanted to remind you'all that this is an open forum for anything pf, even though I post pets and bad days.
I dont charge to hook people up who are buying and selling. It makes me happy to do so. The guy that was looking for the EATPM replied to me and he all ready found one, so if you need one mike fox has one.
I should mention this since I was told that he was going to notify the community that I am not a stand up guy. Captain fantastic was made in 1976. No matter how nice the NOS pf looks (or doesnt) you do not want to waste the time and money installing it as is. The glue is brittle, the lacquer is brittle the wood is brittle.
When you break in a new game, and the parts and materials are plyable and fresh, they absorb impact. A NOS pf that is 50 years old is going to just fall apart in no time. You see the planking on the titles I have been fixing this winter. if you installed them stock, the first thing is the inserts will fall out. then the lacquer will crack up and chip off. That wood has expanded and contracted so many times. You need to put a new finish down to hold the art down, as well as protect the wood from the impacts.
Or you can spend 40 hours installing and watch it fall apart.
Ask questions before you buy a pf from me if you have them. you can even tell me your proposed plan for it, and I would give you my opinion. If you have ever written me you know I am long winded on the subject of pfs, and offer free verbal opinion and help. In this case I threw in a crate and charged 50 rather than 90/100 for shipping. I made less than 100 on the deal before taxes.
I dont give refunds after I spend 2 or 3 hours packing a pf and shipping it across the country. When I buy pfs its rare I get what I expected or wanted, though it happens. And I dont expect to get a refund. Its not wallmart. I also get pfs that are much worse then they look in pics. I have learned to ask questions.
I do feel I am a stand up guy and offered other options besides a refund, but if you want to post how you feel about me, I cant do a thing about it.
I am not writing to mock the fellow, like i said I offered options and help, I just thought its a good idea to tell folks if I spend a couple hours packing up a pf, and shipping it to you and you expected to install it as is, and dont think you can now, I am not refunding the money. Besides it all ready was spent on the mortgage.
The more you know...

Many of us on here know the kind of guy you are. Every interaction and deal I have done with you has been super straight forward and upfront. You have always done right by me.

Just to give those on the thread an example that may not know Ron as well. He and I worked out a price on a NOS TZ he posted on here, shortly after he told me he got several DMs offering a significant amount more for it and turned them down because we already had a deal nor did he try to use them to ask for more money. If that isn’t standup I don’t know what is.

1 week later
#4258 71 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Speaking of nos parts getting more and more scarce, a friend is looking for a nos smoked ramp for his Addams Family. If have or know of one, let me know and I will send him to ya.

Hey Ron PM I think I know somebody that has one

#4259 71 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

That one is easy to remember with the top laminate sanded off on the left side. NOS pfs are really getting hard to come by. I used to get a call from someone selling a collection of nos pfs, like once a year. I cant remember the last WPC DMD I bought. I may be that shadow from the person I cleared it for long ago, and that has been almost a year.
I think we are finally at the place I have been expecting for a long time, where you cant find a NOS dmd title, no matter how long you look and how much you will spend.
The quality of repro's has not gone up, so at least I got that keeping me employed!
Now that I think about it, when I do find nos pfs for great titles, I want to see them get installed and used. I have this battle in my head. I have part of me who collects things and finds nos pfs so valuable because of the chances of them existing are so small.
Then the other half of me desires the kinetic energy of the ball rolling in a beautiful game that plays amazing. My dreams are of games in play, as opposed to a game that has been amazingly restored, and sits, covered and never played.
so I am probably more responsible for all of the nos pfs disappearing. It would be like strip mining the top of a mountain, and then bitching that the view and nature is gone.

You can buy a IJ nos with Ron clear for 5k

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread?tu=mmr61184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.