Topic Stats

• 4,551 posts - Hot topic!
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    51%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 31 votes
    37%

(83 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1634 (resized).jpeg
20240416_145204 (resized).jpg
20240416_145151 (resized).jpg
20240416_144619 (resized).jpg
20240416_144602 (resized).jpg
20240416_144554 (resized).jpg
20240416_144539 (resized).jpg
20240416_144526 (resized).jpg
20240416_144518 (resized).jpg
20240416_144512 (resized).jpg
20240416_144507 (resized).jpg
20240416_144454 (resized).jpg
20240416_144437 (resized).jpg
20240416_144425 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Kruzman Kit details. Posted by kruzman (4 years ago)

Post #420 Ron offers drill and dimple service for your playfield if needed. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #551 Mirco IJ after Ron’s magic to it. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #1196 How to care for a Kruzman clearcoated playfield. Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1272 jjGnR: Cost and process of fixing Mirco's bad playfield clear Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1277 jjGnR: Summary of Mirco playfield problems Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1296 The reason Mirco/JJP clear is soft and tears, explained Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Ultimate Alternative Cuss Words Handbook Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1727 Instructions for using Ron's Clear Kit. Posted by dmacy (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rca1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 4 years ago

Hey Ron-
Playfield pics look great as usual.
I know you posted it before, but please tell us about your install kits again.
I think I need one for use with the CPR Sorcerer playfield I just got.
Don't want to mess up their clear around the posts.

1 month later
#121 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Steve Pandol (i think he is in PA) has a GLOBETROTTERS for sale. Its a cpr bronze, and he would like to get rid of it. since mine is sold I figured I would try to help him out. you can contact him at [email protected]
He is on here, but I forget people alias's.
He is a good guy and wont screw you around.

Looks like this is him:

3 months later
#188 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Its a customers sorcerer repro, that has aprox 3 inches of twist.

Just getting ready to start my Sorcerer playfield swap and noticed that my CPR repro has a visible twist. Not as bad as that one, but it's there. I'm hoping the siderails straighten it out.

Quoted from kruzman:

my buddy Ryan Thompson is opening a Pinball Game room in Rockford MI

Looks cool. Is Chris part of this?

1 month later
#276 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

CONCERNING THE CORONA VIRUS:
I dont know how many of my customers follow my thread here, but I wanted to talk about the finance side of my business during this situation. The only thing political I will say is I dont think this is a hoax, or media sensationalism. Many people including my customers are going to get knocked on their asses both physically and financially.
My state got locked down yesterday. I dont have many close friends and I still got texts from 4 people that lost their jobs, just yesterday. One fella works for a local company that laid off over 200 people.
So most of my jobs got here before this epidemic started, and I totally understand if your financial situation has changed. I am pretty easy to talk to, so if I have your pf and you are concerned please write me, and I have no doubt we can figure out something. If you want to try to see the positive, some people just got an opportunity or the time to do a restoration (making lemonade from lemons). I know from experience that occupying your mind and hands with a Project or challenge that is enjoyable, will produce something that when done, you will look at in the future as the most positive thing to come out of the months of this change of life.
I am using my job to keep me from freaking out. I think it is from the times I have lived in big cities like Detroit, L.A, Chicago, London, and NYC, that I became hyper stressed about germs and what not. So lately with this virus, I am getting gray hair.
There is no doubt that when I finish the jobs I have in house right now that my business is going to seriously decline. Perfectly cleared pf's are not really a top priority. So I am going to ask and tell folks that in the future, if you have a job you want to do and payment is an issue, please feel free to communicate with me with what you can offer and what you want to do. Anything is an option. Thankfully I am used to going without discretionary income, and my obligations are only the compound here where I live and work. Its not cheap, but I am used to living on mac and cheese from most of my life. No payment on the 24 year old truck, which doesn't run currently, so I zoom around in a 13 year old KIA (with no payment). So Off the top of my head, there is barter, payment plans, discounts, and any other thing you can think of. Its been about 13 years since I went "full-in" as my full time job and I want to keep at this job, and I will continue to do so as long as I make only enough to pay the morg and lights.
I have never never taken for granted the work people send me, as well as trust. I know what I do cost a lot of money, so I figure I owe a lot of karma out there. So please feel free to be open and talk to me if you want to do something and have limited funds. I really hope that peoples health is minimally effected, and we are able to look back on this nightmare as the time we made lemon-aid from the lemons and had the opportunity to do the best game restoration that you will never sell. Or maybe you do sell because you did a couple games, or you sell to pay me for the pf
I hope I am able to get my point across in this letter, and I hope we all get thru this as unscathed as possible. I know plenty are going to get way screwed, and dont deserve it, but I am going to stay positive while I can.
So KRUZMAN PINBALL PLAYFIELDS will stay open full time until something stops me. Thank you to all of my supporters, and please stay in contact. (I am starting to get compound fever)

I have seen approximately 10,000 email notices about the virus in the past couple weeks. This is the one that makes the most sense.

1 month later
#331 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Sorry thats the DEER population. The heard is huge this year. There are more that 13 that live on my 10 acres.(and they have not dropped the fawns yet) So this coming fall, Some hunting friends are going to harvest some of them.

You plant the garden.
Deer eat the garden.
You eat the deer.

Problem solved.

7 months later
#643 3 years ago

Looks like the inserts on one are much more transparent than the other.

#652 3 years ago

Clay and the VFW crew built one. It would be great to play one that Tommy built at PATZ, then play Clay's at VFW to compare.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-rider-by-geiger-at-vfw-pinball-museum

Someone needs to build one with a Kruzman playfield though.

3 weeks later
#710 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I finished swapping my cpr KISS pf this past weekend. Ron had cleared it this summer, and I finally picked it up in late fall, and started the swap over the holidays.
This plays so fast and looks fantastic. Great job as always Ron.
If only we could have PATZ this year, others might get to enjoy it too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's so nice it looks wrong.
I thought KISS playfields were made with half the wood showing through.
Every one I've ever seen is that way anyway.

1 month later
#817 3 years ago

Odd question, Ron.
You must go through a TON of sandpaper.
What brand do you use and where do you buy?

#842 3 years ago

Able to save Doug's tailgate?

2 weeks later
#924 3 years ago

I thought that the art on Jungle Lord showed the woman with hairy legs.
I guess the ball swirls on mine were just that bad.

1 month later
#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

The same almost 2 acre patch has two canadian goose families with 5 littles each.

Watch out. Geese are MEAN.

1 month later
#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

This is what my living room looked like in a different lifetime
[quoted image]

Well, if no one else is going to ask about life-size-Jesus........
Cool picture. Where did that come from?

1 month later
#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have never owned a space shuttle game, because they are always so dam worn. I have had 3 space stations, and I love that game and think it would be so cool to have them side by side! Anyone out there have them both?

You should come down and play them.
Get some 9-Ball in too.

20210913_210239 (resized).jpg20210913_210239 (resized).jpg
#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

How far off of the 94 are you?

In town, just 5 min off exit 27.
That's the Space Shuttle that I got from Chris. The one that had most of the center of the playfield painted black to make the worn area look better. It looks really goood with a Hardtop on it. Not Kruzman playfield good, but way better than black cover up paint.

#1426 2 years ago

Stargazer looks like two different shades of blue when indoors and out.
Love the art on that and looks like glass.

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

It bugs me that one of her hands is orange. And there’s a ring on her finger? Like her robe has a built in glove for one hand? That’s not even a thing, lazy art

I think it's that the dress is supposed to have a semi-sheer, wrap around cloak type deal that's over her arms. Does look odd though.

#1465 2 years ago

Everyone screws up now and then.
How you deal with it is the thing.
Don't be down on yourself.

5 months later
#1806 2 years ago

Starburst FTW.

1 month later
#2057 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I looked at the data base and they had very little info on it. so I still cant tell if a premium will work on a le or will it work on a pro.

So I don't own the game and never have, but you got me curious and here's what I have been able to find.
When Rolling Stones came out, Stern was not making Pro, Premium, and LE models for every game like they do now. They were only making regular (Pro, but not called that), and LE. They also referred to the LE model as Premium, sometimes.
Seems like the main playfield difference between regular and LE was three up posts controlled by an extra set of buttons. If the playfield has holes in the left and right outlanes and near the drain for controllable up posts, it should be an LE playfield, which Stern also called Premium in some info.
That's not guaranteed, but I think that's it.

1 month later
#2134 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

It ran on to the pf as I was taking the pics.

What did he think of his reflection?

1 month later
#2283 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Nastasia (her voice was so hot)

June Foray, who also did the voice for Rocky, believe it or not.

June_Foray_1952 (resized).jpgJune_Foray_1952 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2366 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED 9 BALL!!!!

You gotta stop by here.

2 months later
#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

or focus on the reflection of the light bulb

Ha, I can see the seams in the drywall on your ceiling.

4 weeks later
#2570 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I remind myself its better than digging ditches or a real job for sure!!!!

Smails (resized).pngSmails (resized).png
1 week later
#2585 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I dont really celebrate christmas

Hope you have a good day anyway!

2 weeks later
#2612 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

. I really wanted to find him, and where he lives, and drive Doug, my F250, over to his place to run some shit over.

I know you're kind of serious about this, but I laughed really hard.

How are the current cats getting along?

*Just to clarify, laughing at a mental picture of you running shit over in some dudes yard, not about the cat. That part sucks.

2 weeks later
#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

anyone wanna explain a hard top to me? some kind of overlay?

Thin, flexible, hard plastic sheet with the art printed on the bottom.
Sand all the art off the original playfield inserts and stick the hardtop down.

#2690 1 year ago

Provenance - French word.

Think happy thoughts, Ron. We'll have a sunny day sooner or later.

2 weeks later
#2814 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

So every girlfriend/wife I have ever lived with is cold at all times (a lot had to do with the way they dressed, some just wanted to whine) and always complaining that its too cold in the house.
So when I see these healthy young women hanging around in the cold vacuum of space, wearing just a thong... I gotta call BS!

Yup, those ladies complaining that it's cold in the house were clearly full of it.

1 week later
#2891 1 year ago

Holy crap.
Didn't realize it was that bad just up the road.
My parents got 16" of snow, but they live in the UP.
It was all rain here, with no real problems.

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

This is tommys STARS repro pf.

Man, that art is sweet. Even if the surface isn't.

3 weeks later
#2981 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

my eyebrows will fall out.

All at once, or gradually?
Cause I'd kinda like to see it if it was all at once.

2 weeks later
#3017 1 year ago

Is that more checking/planking in the paint than normal? or does it just look bad because of the lighting and close up picture?

Interested to see how it comes out when done.

#3023 1 year ago

That's pretty Freudian.
Sometimes steel balls and shooter rods are just steel balls and shooter rods.

1 week later
#3046 12 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just got an email from someone who told me that the Flash gordon I was talking about is a hardtop pf. He also said it wont best 80's and daanes Rolling Stones won best game.
Obviously I think the flash gordon looked beautiful, but I dont see hardtops in the same category I see restoration in. Yes it is a form of resto, its just not my thing. There is plenty of options and variety for restoration, which is a good thing.

You could see it is a Hardtop if you looked REALLY closely at a few of the inserts.
That's beautiful game and it plays mean.
But yes, Hardtop is not the same as a professional clear over an original playfield.

1 week later
#3120 11 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Here is a beautiful 8 Ball Delux

Only problem with that is the Mom jeans.

1 month later
#3180 10 months ago

Sweet!
Love that Stars alternate playfield.
Is that a Gottlieb Strange World in the woks in process?

1 week later
#3212 10 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am looking for a nice tommy game

Oops, sorry. I just came home with the Tommy that was for sale in Chicago.
You and your buddy are welcome to come play it.

1 month later
#3279 8 months ago

I think every Hotdoggin that I have ever seen has had bare wood showing, terrible touchups, or both.
That's a sizeable plank of wood.

#3304 8 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I hadn't heard of these guys. Is there other info somewhere?

Or here:
https://www.beehivepinball.com/product/stars-custom-playfield

Obviously the finish looks better with Ron's clear.

1 week later
#3356 8 months ago

My PinBot is jealous.

#3383 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

god dam I am stupid

I don't agree with this, but gave you a thumbs up because it was hillarious.

1 week later
#3418 7 months ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

The world needs ditch diggers too

I know quite a few ditch diggers (excavating contractors and their employees). That's a HARD job. You can make pretty decent money, but you're gonna earn it.

(Edit: Caddyshack, I know. How 'bout a Fresca?)

1 week later
#3443 7 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

and clone kruzmans to save the world

Only to find out that the hair was from one of the cats.

4 weeks later
#3568 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

or so I am told.

"From what I have heard" "As I understand" "According to my sources" "Some have said" "Based on the stories"
Sure Ron, sure.

1 week later
#3647 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I talked to an attorney about getting my felonies expunged since there is a pot store on every corner.

Don't give up on that, unless it's going to automatically drop off your record at some point.
One of the best feelings I have had is walking out of court after being ready to appear as a character witness at an expungement hearing. The process was apparently a drawn out pain, but the final hearing was good. Judge was very nice about the whole thing and the hearing didn't take long. Said witnesses were not needed since all the conditions were met and there were no further violations. Judge said it was a pleasure to deal with something like that rather than a trial or violation hearing. Expungement was granted and that person now has a clean record.

#3680 6 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

found this under my hickory tree. anyone know what it is?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you read H.P. Lovecraft?

1 week later
#3730 5 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

"how much is the total?"

"That's more than I paid for the game!"

#3739 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You have a web site? Can i have the link?
Thanks

https://pinballplayfieldskruzman.com/

1 month later
#3952 4 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

but I prey not to die at the hands of a jilted/crazed woman.

OK, but how about if that happens when you're 90?

1 week later
#4014 4 months ago

My great uncle wanted a Viking funeral. So they had him cremated and requested to take his ashes.
Family and friends then took his ashes to an inland lake, placed them on a wooden raft, lit the raft on fire, and let it sail on the lake.
I wasn't there, but my Mom says it was cool.
No one asked, but likely way illegal.
Been thinking about asking for that, or having my ashes scattered somewhere awesome.
I do like the idea of someone who builds making their own coffin.
Ron's correct about a conrete vault outside the coffin being required for burial in Michigan. Theoretically to prevent disease spread, but I've always thought about the permanance. Like some Egyptian sarcofagus.
Anywho, Strange World looks sweet, and that Paragon is beyond awesome!

1 week later
#4083 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:The price of classic reproductions will be 750.

But that's more than I paid for the whole game!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Seriously, you gotta charge what you gotta charge. People get that.

3 weeks later
#4142 3 months ago
R-1820174-1423927857-2129 (resized).jpgR-1820174-1423927857-2129 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4212 76 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

lasted 12 months, and the willow is wrecked from an ice storm, and I will have to cut it down this summer. Rainey, my dog died in '15 I think. I got her in the divorce.

Damn. I think you may be living in a country music song.

#4230 72 days ago

Seeing that last picture, I'll just leave this here.

#4245 68 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I got a letter from a fella installing an Iron man pf he bought from me, and he is down at the shooter lane and the wood pf is cut different where the shooter assembly goes.
The only think I can think of is either the game or the pf is a vault eddition, and they changed it to use parts they used at the time. Has anyone heard of this? or had any experience?
At first I was thinking of how to midify the pf. It has an extra extension of wood that comes down like 3 inches. so I was thinking of making a peice of wood and using dowell rods to affix it.
But now I think the best way would be to check the manuals, and see if there are different part numbers for the shooter assembly. If so possibly buy the correct shooter lane assembly for that pf?
I had no idea there is any change to a pf. I dont remember if there is a sticker on it that says iron man/ vault eddit. or not. Or if the game would say vault eddition on the back of the cab.
I hate when this stuff happens. selling pfs is turning in to a bad idea for me

Tell him (or if he sees it here) to post pictures of what he's talking about in the Iron Man owner's thread. Maybe we can figure it out over there with owners of all versions of the game active in that thread.

2 weeks later
#4306 49 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Any chance of doing a Canada Dry playfield?

I'm sure Ron will clearcoat one for you, if you send him one. But I doubt he's going to manufacture any. That's not what he does. Only clearcoat.

3 weeks later
#4439 23 days ago

I would have sworn you took that picture through a window in the rain.

2 weeks later
#4529 4 days ago

Ron-
If you don't get the game out before then, happy to help Friday PM or anytime Saturday.
There should be lots of folks around who would not mind a quick run out to your place to help.
Count me in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rca1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread?tu=rca1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.