Topic Stats

• 4,566 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    50%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 32 votes
    38%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_142138 (resized).jpg
20240422_142122 (resized).jpg
20240422_142107 (resized).jpg
20240422_142050 (resized).jpg
20240422_142035 (resized).jpg
20240422_142031 (resized).jpg
20240422_142026 (resized).jpg
20240422_142018 (resized).jpg
20240422_142005 (resized).jpg
20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 92.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

There should be a category for people who are empathetic to animals but not humans. I have a name for it, but there should be a clinical term. Its a trip that someone will bend over backwards for animal, but has no second thoughts screwing over someone very close. Oh well. We are all on our own path. With 15 stitches in my foot, I am hobbling down mine.

My ex was like this and she had Bordeline Personality Disorder. The animals were like 1000 times more important to her than people. It’s sad really, so insecure and wounded inside that they can’t trust people anymore. Cat lady syndrome.

And since mental health care is generally so shitty or expensive people like this don’t get help and can keep hurting those closest to them.

Ah well, hope it wasn’t too rough on ya!

#1252 2 years ago

My ex is also a boderline. The description my shrink describes is narcissism turned up to 11. She also assured me that I would never be able to have a long relationship w someone with BPD.

I have never heard of another person in my life circle with that diagnosis. I had never heard of it until her. I have my own problems for sure. I guess I am thankful that I could be way worse off from how it seems to me.

Shrinks are printing money since covid. there is such a line. Its a trip. I am glad i have my pinball.

#1253 2 years ago

Thanks the kind words Ron. I try and work quick before I forget or lose momentum. I can see why others spend a year doing it and forget things. I will have some time to tackle another swap in the next week if anyone is nearby and wants one done. Ron has a HGT that will be coming to me when it’s ready and I’m on a hunt for an Earthshaker CPR playfield if anyone has one they’d cut loose.

Hope you’re taking it easy on the foot so it can heal right! Sounds like you’re better off without her. Very sad that people are that way.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I lost the squirrels in the break up. She has not replied since the text dump, so I have no idea how they are doing. I dont even know what I did wrong. I would guess she released them at her parents.
There should be a category for people who are empathetic to animals but not humans. I have a name for it, but there should be a clinical term. Its a trip that someone will bend over backwards for animal, but has no second thoughts screwing over someone very close. Oh well. We are all on our own path. With 15 stitches in my foot, I am hobbling down mine.

Are you sure they didn't partner up with Morocco Mole in the guest house?

418c4ec4aaeb49373f67d0423499cd51 (resized).jpg418c4ec4aaeb49373f67d0423499cd51 (resized).jpg
#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

My ex was like this and she had Bordeline Personality Disorder. The animals were like 1000 times more important to her than people. It’s sad really, so insecure and wounded inside that they can’t trust people anymore. Cat lady syndrome.

And since mental health care is generally so shitty or expensive people like this don’t get help and can keep hurting those closest to them.

Interesting My ex was very similar. Had some sort of paranoia memory issue ("deja vecu"), which made her extremely unstable. We had a kitten that we found when it was 2 weeks old, raised it by hand. By the time we split up (she made claims abut how I treatd her decades before we actually met), the kitten - Tink - at ten years old kept her centered and a little more sane. So I let her take Tink with her.

Five years later, and I worry more about the cat than I do my ex.

Quoted from kruzman:

a bunch of pfs ;hanging around... making trouble. See if you can find yours

Nope, mine's not in the spotlight. Yet.

Quoted from kruzman:

Got some pics of pfs with last coats
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What is that third one, with the archer?

#1256 2 years ago

Thats Solar City. there are a couple titles with that lay out. Its drop target heaven. Some of the old gottlieb lay outs are just perfect. They would make 2-6 titles from one pf, then like this one use it again 10 years later. I think that the same lay out as my eldorado city of gold?

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Thats Solar City. there are a couple titles with that lay out. Its drop target heaven. Some of the old gottlieb lay outs are just perfect. They would make 2-6 titles from one pf, then like this one use it again 10 years later. I think that the same lay out as my eldorado city of gold?

I like the layout and the art. May have to look into that one..!

#1258 2 years ago

I saw StarGazer in there, is it mine?

#1259 2 years ago

That iron man is looking good

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

There’s my Paragon … mostly hidden. Can tell by the weird shooter lane inlay.

27D66FBE-994F-431E-A943-408C207EDE30 (resized).jpeg27D66FBE-994F-431E-A943-408C207EDE30 (resized).jpeg
#1261 2 years ago

I think it fun trying to identify games or pfs by just a small amount, like that paragon. Those 2 piles to the left of my light table are always the paint piles. Paragon, DM, FT (creech has been there for 3 years, its mine) top half of jungle lord cant be seen.

There are 3 stargazers in there, the one with 4 coats belongs to MW.

here is what I see from the pics
globe trotts
afm
TZ
totan
BH
Lord of the rings JJP
monopoly
beatles
back side of a jungle lord mini up on the red shelf The main pf is obvious
stars
BH mini pfs
IJ
stargazers
BK2K top and bottom
HH mini and BK mini
and my drawings for topless Genie and topless creech are hanging on the wall
I know what the white one behind centaur is, but I cant remember the name.
I cant find waldo

#1262 2 years ago

I am getting a lot done considering I am wearing a ski boot on one leg.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am getting a lot done considering I am wearing a ski boot on one leg.

You’re a beast Ron! Half crippled and still trying to work! Your work ethic and energy are incredible.

I don’t know your ex-situation but you may have been too much for her! Who can match the energy? Lol!

#1264 2 years ago

Glad to see you are still active despite the injury and boot. I am happy to have my 4 year old Sheltie as my emotional support dog. She loves to chase squirrels up trees. I don't know what would happen if one stood its ground. I saw her run towards a cat, and when the cat did not run, my dog turned around and came back to me. LOL. Its all about the chase.

One day my NOS Dr. Who PF will find itself back in your lair. I have located a used PF for a dimpling example, and two sheets of thin plexi. Too damn hot around here to do much of anything but taking kid to the pool or an airconditioned arcade.

#1265 2 years ago

Lmao at the globe trots. Is that a retheme for horse game!?

#1266 2 years ago

One time a girl was mentioning in a story she was telling me, that she had "the trotts"
I have no idea if anyone else uses it for the term diarehia, but I think its hilarious!!!!!
Since I wrote that, I think of it every time I see that pf, and laugh.

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m assuming the BH playfield is mine.

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Concerning the JP pf, the customer called his distributer and they are going to make a claim and try to do it that way. I am pretty surprised at the condition of a HUO one owner pf. even if they give him a discount on a new pf, I think that would be fair, but I am just helping people I have no dog in the race. I may get a clear job out of it.
I think things may have changed but back in my day of being able to afford a new stern, if you made a complaint about anything besides opening the box and something wont work (in that case they were very helpful) they would say the game is designed to earn quarters, not be in a museum.
But... now that they make prem, and LE varieties, it goes without saying that they are not made to earn quarters.
I have an iron man nos pf here that has such thin clear, I can feel all of the ink layers, but that KISS LE has a really nice clearcoat. I dont know how it holds up though. several pf makers make thick clearcoats, but they are not hard because the clear was applied all at once, or maybe 2 applications.
Mr know it all will be here all day taking questions

So now that JJP is offering owners a spare jjGnR playfield at "cost" of $499 to offset the playfields being destroyed around the posts, the question becomes, can the new NOS replacement be stabilized to not be soft clear forever like Mirco's are known to often be?

Do you think you could sand off the Mirco clear on an NOS playfield and re-clear it properly over time to end up with a hard, protective clearcoat like it should have had from the start? And if you could do that, what might it cost?

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

One time a girl was mentioning in a story she was telling me, that she had "the trotts"
I have no idea if anyone else uses it for the term diarehia, but I think its hilarious!!!!!
Since I wrote that, I think of it every time I see that pf, and laugh.

I wouldn't call it a common term but it is used by some people to describe their ... um predicament

#1270 2 years ago

green apple quick step

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So now that JJP is offering owners a spare jjGnR playfield at "cost" of $499 to offset the playfields being destroyed around the posts, the question becomes, can the new NOS replacement be stabilized to not be soft clear forever like Mirco's are known to often be?
Do you think you could sand off the Mirco clear on an NOS playfield and re-clear it properly over time to end up with a hard, protective clearcoat like it should have had from the start? And if you could do that, what might it cost?

In the last year 75% of my work is mirco. I sand off his clear until I start to hit the ink. My process takes 3 months min because the emphisis is on making the surface nice and hard... but not brittle. I do that by many many thin coats with a lot of time in-between to cure.
a production clear is usually done in one day. Otherwise they would have to sand.

I would like a GNR pf. can anyone pick one up for me? do you have to be a gNR buyer or can anyone?

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I forgot about the price. clear coat is 650 for regular size pf and 750 for wide.

right now I am accepting work... to get in line. I finally have a working amount of jobs in the studio. as one goes out, one is pulled from the line. Since I am a one man operation, it doesnt take much for me to get behind. This week I had 2 pfs pull some shit on me, and it takes a couple 3-4 days to re-do them, and there is a ripple effect. I dont like how long it takes (I dont get paid until it is complete), but there is nothing I can do but stay focused.

If you are not familiar with me or my work, reading this thread will give you some insight in the last year. I have been doing this as my full time career for almost 14 years now, so there are a lot of my pfs out there. I am always trying to improve my process and product, so there have been a bunch of different stages. I used to restore pfs until like 6 years ago? I forget. I couldnt restore pfs, and pay the bills. I jus couldnt make it work the way I wanted it to.

#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I’m assuming the BH playfield is mine.

Knocker lover. ha. yep thats a great name. I am 53 and I love knockers more today than ever in my life, but no idea who you are. if your initials are MW, I believe it belongs to you sir.

#1274 2 years ago

Working on getting JJP to send you a GNR collector's edition playfield. Stand by

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Working on getting JJP to send you a GNR collector's edition playfield. Stand by

saaaweet

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

In the last year 75% of my work is mirco. I sand off his clear until I start to hit the ink. My process takes 3 months min because the emphisis is on making the surface nice and hard... but not brittle. I do that by many many thin coats with a lot of time in-between to cure.
a production clear is usually done in one day. Otherwise they would have to sand.
I would like a GNR pf. can anyone pick one up for me? do you have to be a gNR buyer or can anyone?

This is great news for people that want a jjGnR playfield that won't take a dump because of Mirco's crap clear process. An extra $650 to have a good playfield shouldn't be necessary, but people that dropped 12-20k on a machine will be grateful they can at least have a good PF option, even if it is two-step (JJP NOS, then you).

JJP is requiring serial numbers to "qualify" to get a spare playfield, so I don't think you can just buy one, but it looks like maybe Vitty has an inside line. If he does and you can do a proof of concept one, I can see you getting a LOT of NOS playfields to clear correctly.

Since you do so many Mirco playfields, what do you think is the problem? They clearly HAVE one. Is it their newer digital printing process? Because the last playfields they did that were pretty bulletproof were for The Hobbit. I don't know of any issues with that one. The problems started with Dialed In and its hard/thick/cracking/chipping playfields, then got a lot worse with jjPotC/Wonka/jjGnR. He KNOWS he has a problem. EVERYONE knows. Why can't he FIX it?

#1277 2 years ago

I have not seen the new GnR pfs, and I dont know what the issues are. It seems like mirco has issues all of the time. He changes his process all of the time so I cant keep up. about a year ago he started clearing before he cut the wood with the cnc machine. That leaves knife sharp edges around every hole and edge, so I am guessing that chips like crazy.
Maybe they are installing the star posts with an air gun that is horking them down super hard, and the clear was all done at once and has not cured yet. It seems like his clear is different on JJ games than his.
This has never happened before but on the WWonkla I am doing right now, MY clear keeps sinking over top of the inserts. NO IDEA why. I thought the pf was done, I had enough clear built up, but with the sinking on the inserts, I felt that if I just sanded it flat and polished it, it may happen again, so I sanded it level and re coated with 2 coats, and we shall see what happens. It did not happen on the POTC.

I get super freaked out when this mystery crap happens, but all I can do is stick with the program and do my best.

I try to sand off as much of his clear when i get started as possible, but its impossible for me to take an even amount off the surface. Now I have to be super careful because I cant do any touch up at all on those pfs because of the art style is printed like a photograph. I sanded off the top of an insert on POTC and lucky for me it was simple art I could repaint.

I deal with so many different problems on pfs. often they are made on wet wood.
On time when cpr got a new vendor for inserts who I believe was mirco, they didnt know you had to sand the edges, so they popped out thru the clear. In one I have, it took some laminate and art with it and made a mess (cyclone and firepower)
When the IJ pfs got here they really needed to cure. I couldnt tell if it was the clear or the wood, but every couple weeks they looked very different.
Of course clogged star inserts from cpr.

I ask everyone: no matter what you are going to do with a pf, let it sit for a couple months first, then decide if you wanna install as is, or have it worked on. Its just the way they are. They would never be able to do what I do. I let the pfs cure for more than 2 weeks every 2 coats, not to mention sanding in between coats rather than just dust spraying. Plus when a pf is done here, I block sand it to 3000 grit, and polish it out and clean the edges. They cant do any of that stuff. which is great because then people can decide for them selves what they want, and they dont have to spend all of the money if they dont care about stuff. especially vendors.

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have not seen the new GnR pfs, and I dont know what the issues are.

Soft clear. Pooling around posts and tearing clear/art to the wood around some of them (which seems to be due to JJP making the holes too big and the posts moving slightly back and forth from ball hits). Others have stated that UV doesn't harden mirco's clear, and they've left it alone for a year and you could still press a fingernail into it and leave a mark. That's terrible.

Quoted from kruzman:

I ask everyone: no matter what you are going to do with a pf, let it sit for a couple months first, then decide if you wanna install as is, or have it worked on. Its just the way they are. They would never be able to do what I do. I let the pfs cure for more than 2 weeks every 2 coats, not to mention sanding in between coats rather than just dust spraying. Plus when a pf is done here, I block sand it to 3000 grit, and polish it out and clean the edges. They cant do any of that stuff. which is great because then people can decide for them selves what they want, and they dont have to spend all of the money if they dont care about stuff. especially vendors.

I understand WHY JJP doesn't want to do it, but it sucks that JJP won't let buyers choose to let you bulletproof their playfield well in advance of their machine being assembled so it has a good playfield from day one. It's THEIR problem because they refuse to address the Mirco issue directly and change vendors or transition to their own setup in-house where they have control. Throwing up their hands and leaving it to the customer to figure out is not going to work for them for long.

Thanks for the detailed reply. At least jjGnR owners have an avenue to get a decent playfield with you, even if it costs them another $650 for the work.

If JJP could get Mirco to ship the replacement playfields uncleared so you wouldn't have to guess how much clear to sand off, would those uncleared playfields travel well enough not to be damaged in transit?

#1279 2 years ago

Its much better for me to have the clear on there. when I get pfs that are uncleared, I havent had a chance to test my clear with that ink, and I have had bad results.

The last star gazers I did didnt have clear, and they traveled fine, but the inserts and the outside of the print was gloss. so Imagine the ink is taller than the glossy area, and I have to sand it before i can clear. it took a lot of time to sand little round inserts and get to the edge, without taking off ink. Its very difficult. Its much better for me to have them cleared for me since every one does it different and uses different materials.
Sometimes the leveler they used to use before print would have a long term reaction with my clear and eventually cause gas bubbles only on top of the inserts.
These planks are way too expensive for me to be experimenting on them.

#1280 2 years ago

I do think that is smart of Jack to offer people an extra pf. very smart.

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I do think that is smart of Jack to offer people an extra pf. very smart.

I don't think it was Jack's decision. Pretty sure the money man is running the show now.

But yeah, this should have been offered as soon as the problems were showing up. Instead, JJP literally changed their warranty NOT to cover playfields at all. This spare playfield offer happened about 3 months too late and burned a lot of goodwill with customers, who also have to pay for this playfield, even though theirs are proven defective from the factory with torn clear at the posts. Not a good look for JJP.

Thanks again for this clarification. I really think you'll have pretty heavy business in re-doing jjGnR playfields with reliable clear once the spares are shipped next year.

#1282 2 years ago

I cant imagine paying 10-12 grand for a game and the pf goes to crap immediately. I havent seen pics, but it sounds like a bitch.
My problem is most people think I just spray on a couple coats. every week someone will write me to ask, "How much to spray on a couple more coats to make it a little thicker.
No matter is I document every little step in my process, they think I just get the pf, and spray on top of it. I am surprised how many ask if they have to remove the parts.

Then there is the people who are displeased by how much I charge to just spray on a couple coats, after they all ready spent 10 grand. I get a little satisfaction telling them that the most expensive game I have ever owned was 6200, and within a year I had to sell it for a roof.

I was lucky to be so busy this year because of covid and finding that group of wpc nos pf. I often get anxiety that this run could end in one day all of the sudden with some new technology or something. I am very thankful and happy I get to do this. Its about 1/10 of what I made before I started focusing on pfs, but as long as I have enough to live, I am fine. I gotta get me a suga moma and knock her up.

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Then there is the people who are displeased by how much I charge to just spray on a couple coats, after they all ready spent 10 grand.

People are cheap in the weirdest ways.

Also, if it was so easy, why aren't they doing it themselves?

#1284 2 years ago

I would like to thank Ron for his transparency into his daily routine to make the best playfield finish possible. We are getting to hear and see the issues he addresses each day. Thank you Ron.

#1285 2 years ago

wow, very cool my pleasure. since I work and live alone, this is a good thing for me.

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

People are cheap in the weirdest ways.
Also, if it was so easy, why aren't they doing it themselves?

This this so much this.
I see people all the time going, 'I'm going to do it myself!' and then they're proud of their work, and I can see the ball rolling sideways in an uneven spot. Something like this, I KNOW I can't do, and would rather pay someone to do it *right*. In reality, even though Ron only has one of my fields at the moment, I have at LEAST.. uh.. 3 more to send him, FFS. But IMHO? Totally worth it.

#1287 2 years ago

Just because you have a hammer you are not a carpenter. check your ego.
But what do I know. heck if it makes you happy, so be it

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Just because you have a hammer you are not a carpenter. check your ego.
But what do I know. heck if it makes you happy, so be it

Okay, apparently I can't attach an animated GIF. Darnit. Had one of someone hammering a screw in, and figured that fit here.

ezgif-4-56a6ca0939ff (resized).pngezgif-4-56a6ca0939ff (resized).png
#1289 2 years ago

Sounds like GNR playfield availability won't be until sometime in 2022 as pinmonk said above.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Okay, apparently I can't attach an animated GIF. Darnit. Had one of someone hammering a screw in, and figured that fit here.
[quoted image]

You can, but it's a secret.

Before uploading the file, you have to select PDF/GIF (no rescaling) from the add image dropdown so it doesn't further compress the image into a jpg, stripping out the animation.

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Sounds like GNR playfield availability won't be until sometime in 2022 as pinmonk said above.

So JJP wouldn't even squeeze one out for Ron to perfect fixing before the tidal wave of 2nd playfields are send to him in mid 2022?

Lame.

#1292 2 years ago

Ron after finishing the last playfield for the day...

tenor (2).giftenor (2).gif
#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Before uploading the file, you have to select PDF/GIF (no rescaling) f

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. Thanks for that! I'm an idiot.

#1294 2 years ago

Man a good laugh in the morning is the way to start the day. Last night after work, I went out and sanded the backs of most of the pfs, and added a second coat of poly. They are leaning everywhere I could find space. I have a bunch of fans blowing out the fumes right now, its nasty in there. I know I dont have the covid, because all I can smell is polyurethane!

We have some serious heat and humidity coming, and its suppose to last for a while

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Working on getting JJP to send you a GNR collector's edition playfield.

If you can’t, let me know. I’m trying to get Ron one as well to go with mine.

#1296 2 years ago

kruzman You are correct ,Mirco first prints on the wood then clears them,cut the holes and re clear again.

I know as I have a few playfields here that are printed and cleared but not cut yet.

And here is the pooling/chipping issue...

Problem is that this makes the clear verry thin around the cutted holes ,so chipping is verry fast,and the stacking of the clear makes it to soft and pooling happens. As mirco/JJP has no time to wait for the curing , Even after a year it’s easy to put your fingernail into the stacked clearcoat of the mirco playfields. So keeping them to cure for a year or so will make no diff imho. What you do is the best way sand most clear off and redo the finish you do and it will be rock solid

Here is proof that it’s cleared and printed before cutting . (Will make a picture tommorow of the playfields from pirates uncut)

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Mirco first prints on the wood then clears them,cut the holes and re clear again.
I know as I have a few playfields here that are printed and cleared but not cut yet.
And here is the pooling/chipping issue...
Problem is that this makes the clear verry thin around the cutted holes ,so chipping is very fast, and the stacking of the clear makes it to soft and pooling happens. As mirco/JJP has no time to wait for the curing
Here is proof that it’s cleared and printed before cutting . (Will make a picture tommorow of the playfields from pirates uncut)

I totally believe you. The reason I made the assumption is first because the edges of the clear are so sharp, like they were cut with a very sharp/fast tool. The other issue is there is no clear going over the edges of the holes that are cut out. Mirco knows more about making pfs than me, but it seems like there is going to be a lot of issues down the line after a couple hundred plays.

I was really looking forward to the patz show so I can see how those pfs, are wearing as well as there were suppose to be a couple of mine installed, at the show. I totally understand the situation with the virus, but Patz is my Chanukah. stupid virus.

#1298 2 years ago

Yes here is a brand new mini playfield from a pirates . You can see the stacking of the clear and also where the machine has cut. Already some chipping is starting before even applying all the needed parts

4BEECE70-EFF5-46D0-B4A4-8EFB53C0695C (resized).jpeg4BEECE70-EFF5-46D0-B4A4-8EFB53C0695C (resized).jpeg68686E94-0FDE-4242-B44E-0313513FEF84 (resized).jpeg68686E94-0FDE-4242-B44E-0313513FEF84 (resized).jpeg92989045-0751-4285-88EC-4758912A68B6 (resized).jpeg92989045-0751-4285-88EC-4758912A68B6 (resized).jpeg
#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I totally believe you. The reason I made the assumption is first because the edges of the clear are so sharp, like they were cut with a very sharp/fast tool. The other issue is there is no clear going over the edges of the holes that are cut out. Mirco knows more about making pfs than me, but it seems like there is going to be a lot of issues down the line after a couple hundred plays.
I was really looking forward to the patz show so I can see how those pfs, are wearing as well as there were suppose to be a couple of mine installed, at the show. I totally understand the situation with the virus, but Patz is my Chanukah. stupid virus.

I am not complaining though. Its job security for me.

When the pf makers clear their pfs. One of them would do 2 coats (plus a mist coat to avoid sanding) and then they would do 2 more coats later in the week. Thats a good effort because it would be easier to just stack it 4 layers high. The deeper you stack it, all at once the longer it takes to cure and the softer it is, and stays. With the amount of planks they do, its impossible to do it the way I do it (which is a butt load of work). I have said it in the past, but if they did my job the cost of the game would be another grand. So its best for them to do what they can to make a game that will make quarters, and if a collector wants to tweek it, they can call me. actually I dont talk on the phone, please text or email.

#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am not complaining though. Its job security for me.
When the pf makers clear their pfs. One of them would do 2 coats (plus a mist coat to avoid sanding) and then they would do 2 more coats later in the week. Thats a good effort because it would be easier to just stack it 4 layers high. The deeper you stack it, all at once the longer it takes to cure and the softer it is, and stays. With the amount of planks they do, its impossible to do it the way I do it (which is a butt load of work). I have said it in the past, but if they did my job the cost of the game would be another grand. So its best for them to do what they can to make a game that will make quarters, and if a collector wants to tweek it, they can call me. actually I dont talk on the phone, please text or email.

Keep doing what you doing! As you do a verry good job! And I really enjoy reading you stuff

Just wanted to show you that the fault is with mirco . And not JJP assembly line person persee. The clear is shit and not cured and will never be . It’s JJP fault for not telling mirco to pound sand. But the problem is they have a contract that mirco keep making the playfield even if JJP no longer wants him. As some of his investors put money in the compagny when it was doing bad in 2013/14

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.