IMG_3503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
20240423_202846 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_185527284 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8400 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 317.
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Here you go, folks. You can see the topper in action in this clip. The guy playing abandoned his game, so I didn’t get any game play, but the topper is very cool… adds a great vibe to the overall package.

Who's the moron next to him smacking the plunger?

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I found an oddity on my Premium compared to earlier Pros. There is no mylar around the right inlane switch. If this was the solution to uppostgate then it works. My balls aren't hanging up after the post drops. However there's no protection from the ball drop which drops directly on top of the switch. I've seen routed games (not Bond, to new) splintering around the the switch. I'll install a Cliffy ASAP.

My LE is the same. I stole one of my protectors out of Rush (in a lane that didn't need it but I'd put there to match) and put it in Bond until I get another to replace it. A Cliffy or a NinjaCamp should get the job done, but at least some mylar would be better then nothing in the interim for folks.

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Here you go, folks. You can see the topper in action in this clip. The guy playing abandoned his game, so I didn’t get any game play, but the topper is very cool… adds a great vibe to the overall package.

I like it. It’ll probably only be $2,499.00. A steal.

#1204 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just buy a different iec cord
Stern probably had a parts supply issue and just subbed the part to keep the line moving.
Buy a $9 cable if it really bothers you

Well obviously it bothers me lol. I usually hang a Stern banner on the back of my exposed machines, can’t do it with that cord, but I didn’t know they made a cord that will fit that plug, thanks for letting me know.

#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I like it. It’ll probably only be $2,499.00. A steal.

I like it a lot, but if it is $2499 I'll be liking it from a distance

#1206 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just buy a different iec cord
Stern probably had a parts supply issue and just subbed the part to keep the line moving.
Buy a $9 cable if it really bothers you

That’s great! Took 45 seconds to find a suitable replacement on Amazon. Much appreciated.

#1207 1 year ago

First game with a steeper incline and I blew it up!

608A0A18-7453-4522-9749-7779620234FF (resized).jpeg608A0A18-7453-4522-9749-7779620234FF (resized).jpeg
#1208 1 year ago

My Topper is better than the 60th Topper…..#495 finally in the house!

B79E046D-4E57-4BDF-A852-DE95C94ECEB2 (resized).jpegB79E046D-4E57-4BDF-A852-DE95C94ECEB2 (resized).jpeg
#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thanks. What the hell is wrong with Stern? Why do they make such stupid changes? I hate this plug setup. You can see the back of my machine. Is there a way to swap it out and replace with the old style? Looks like the plug in the machine has been changed as well so you can’t just get a new plug. Like the pin so far but I hate how they do things.

Mine has the new style. I’m sure they just ran out and you got a regular computer cable.

If it really bugs you complain and get your distributor to send the correct one. I guarantee he has another customer who won’t care.

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

My Topper is better than the 60th Topper…..#495 finally in the house![quoted image]

I think I use that same db5 on my topper

8278B634-BE3E-49CE-97F3-D2C23EE705C8 (resized).jpeg8278B634-BE3E-49CE-97F3-D2C23EE705C8 (resized).jpeg
#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thanks. What the hell is wrong with Stern? Why do they make such stupid changes? I hate this plug setup. You can see the back of my machine. Is there a way to swap it out and replace with the old style? Looks like the plug in the machine has been changed as well so you can’t just get a new plug. Like the pin so far but I hate how they do things.

Maybe supply chain?

#1212 1 year ago

Got the Dragon car from Amazon and made a mount for it tonight to fix up the area that has the Dragon tank on the Prem/LE, but just a printed plastic on the Pros. Ended up working out great. The Dragon tank at the correct scale is only $20 here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MVLD68R

And it's exactly the right size for that area on the Pros. The only thing that's a little off is if you want it to follow the edges of the plastic it mounts to, it's very slightly crooked. It can be made straight, but then it's hanging over one side a slight amount.

There's a peg that mounts the car to the diorama terrain it comes on that's perfect to secure it to a bracket. And the tiny screw that holds it to the ground in the display can be reused to hold it to the bracket, although I don't even think that's necessary as it sits inside the square slot on the bracket pretty securely. FYI the tiny screw is a triangle security bit (the kind like for Nintendo hardware) for some weird reason. NO IDEA why they didn't make it a plain philips.

I don't want to get into selling these dragon tanks with the mounts. There's already lit Dragon Tank mods, etc coming out or already available. But I will make the bracket available in the pinmonk store for $7 so you have an easy way to mount it if you want to pick up the Amazon one and don't want to mess with crafting a mount that looks halfway decent.

$20 (at Amazon) Dragon Tank, mounted on a Pro:
dragon_pro_install (resized).jpgdragon_pro_install (resized).jpg
dragon_pro_install2 (resized).jpgdragon_pro_install2 (resized).jpg

$7 bracket it mounts to:
dragon_bracket2 (resized).jpgdragon_bracket2 (resized).jpg

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

My Topper is better than the 60th Topper…..#495 finally in the house![quoted image]

You will be able to buy the 60th topper soon for 1k.
$tern lied to everyone in the 60th video saying its exclusive.

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got the Dragon car from Amazon and made a mount for it tonight. Ended up working out great. The Dragon is only $20 here:
amazon.com link »
And it's exactly the right size for that area on the Pros. The only thing that's a little off is if you want it to follow the edges of the plastic it mounts to, it's very slightly crooked. It can be made straight, but then it's hanging over one side a slight amount.
There's a peg that mounts the car to the diorama terrain it comes on that's perfect to secure it to a bracket. And the tiny screw that holds it to the ground in the display can be reused to hold it to the bracket, although I don't even think that's necessary as it sits inside the square slot on the bracket pretty securely. FYI the tiny screw is a triangle security bit (the kind like for Nintendo hardware) for some weird reason. NO IDEA why they didn't make it a plain phillips.
I don't want to get into selling these dragon tanks with the mounts. There's already lit Dragon Tank mods, etc coming out or already available. But I will make the bracket available in the pinmonk store for $7 so you have an easy way to mount it if you want to pick up the Amazon one and don't want to mess with crafting a mount that looks halfway decent.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great

#1215 1 year ago

Are you guys at higher pitch enjoying it better? 7.4? What is the sweet spot?

#1216 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

That’s great! Took 45 seconds to find a suitable replacement on Amazon. Much appreciated.

I feel lazy, link?

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't want to get into selling these dragon tanks with the mounts. There's already lit Dragon Tank mods, etc coming out or already available.

Much appreciated. My Rocket City Pinball version is still in work -- tomorrow I'm finally receiving some parts I needed -- and will be configured and presented differently than the other lit version already available.

Nice job on the mount design!

#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Much appreciated. My Rocket City Pinball version is still in work -- tomorrow I'm finally receiving some parts I needed -- and will be configured and presented differently than the other lit version already available.
Nice job on the mount design!

Yeah, my general philosophy is to not duplicate other people's mod work, unless it's atrociously bad. There are plenty of mod opportunities in pinball and if that mod-maker talent is spread out instead of overlapping, a lot more gets done, and that benefits everyone. Looking forward to seeing what you release.

#1219 1 year ago

Topper is 1k, limited to 500. Of course, it's also exclusive to the SLE, so who knows. Looks cool but cheap and easy to make, maybe they decide they want some more easy money later.

At any rate, I genuinely dig it and ordered one. Not usually a topper guy, but I've done stupider things :p If you want one I'd call around soon, would imagine they'll get snapped up quick.

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

$1k for a piece of plastic that says 007, or $29.99 for the classic car…..hmmmm

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, my general philosophy is to not duplicate other people's mod work, unless it's atrociously bad. There are plenty of mod opportunities in pinball and if that mod-maker talent is spread out instead of overlapping, a lot more gets done, and that benefits everyone. Looking forward to seeing what you release.

Nice! I picked up the same tank off Amazon and was trying to figure our how to mount it. When will you have it listed in your shop?

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got the Dragon car from Amazon and made a mount for it tonight to fix up the area that has the Dragon tank on the Prem/LE, but just a printed plastic on the Pros. Ended up working out great. The Dragon tank at the correct scale is only $20 here:
amazon.com link »
There's a peg that mounts the car to the diorama terrain it comes on that's perfect to secure it to a bracket. And the tiny screw that holds it to the ground in the display can be reused to hold it to the bracket, although I don't even think that's necessary as it sits inside the square slot on the bracket pretty securely. FYI the tiny screw is a triangle security bit (the kind like for Nintendo hardware) for some weird reason. NO IDEA why they didn't make it a plain philips.
I don't want to get into selling these dragon tanks with the mounts. There's already lit Dragon Tank mods, etc coming out or already available. But I will make the bracket available in the pinmonk store for $7 so you have an easy way to mount it if you want to pick up the Amazon one and don't want to mess with crafting a mount that looks halfway decent.
$20 (at Amazon) Dragon Tank, mounted on a Pro:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
$7 bracket it mounts to:
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. Any issues will ball hangs on the top of that tank? It just looks ready to grab an airball and not let go.

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Topper is 1k, limited to 500. Of course, it's also exclusive to the SLE, so who knows. Looks cool but cheap and easy to make, maybe they decide they want some more easy money later.
At any rate, I genuinely dig it and ordered one. Not usually a topper guy, but I've done stupider things :p If you want one I'd call around soon, would imagine they'll get snapped up quick.

Who said the topper was limited to 500 units? I wouldn't be so sure there. I bet this production run is 500 extra units, so 1,000 including 60th LE.

Doesn't mean they won't do another run if there is demand.

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I think they are only making 1000 total (500 for 60th and 500 for everyone else) so when he says Gomez version owners will be happy… 500 of them will

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Sorry I was offline for a bit (working on a different mod lol) ... the other folks are correct, that's a volume switch from PR Mods. Bought a couple on Black Friday, as I really liked the idea of not having to open the door to make volume adjustments. Installation was very easy, so I had my kids do one each (with supervision) for good tinkering practice. Definitely recommend! Great communication from Skeets, simple instructions, and excellent price for a useful product.

Ha! I had my kids install them too on JP and AIQ. (Will do on Premium JB when arrives). Also highly recommend!

#1226 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Unboxed LE #45 a couple hours ago. The pictures don't do it justice, the green is gorgeous and blends well with the orange t molding. Only complaint so far is the Vuk above the swimmers is placed in an area that catches the ball often, slows the game and is very unpredictable, goes many different places. The left ramp shot is dreamy, the loop shot from upper left flipper is super fast! Reminds me of JP. The pop bumpers go nuts sometimes and you get like 20-40million, lol. Updating to code .80 as we speak. Let's see what happens!

This isn’t scientific but “The pictures don’t do it justice” seems to be more common on Bond than any other pin. OK, everyone is excited about a new pin… but this seems to really be a thing. Maybe the expectation was lower on these colors so it’s a perception thing (eg many hated the yellow upon release but those who have pros also seems like it in person)

#1227 1 year ago

This is confirmed by me a while back by 4 distributors only 1000 toppers total so 500 for sale.

#1228 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

In an earlier Podcast with George Gomez he specially mentions the 60th topper is the official Bond topper and will be available for the other games. No one should have expected differently. I’m getting a 60th and this does not bother me, I did not expect it to be exclusive.

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

No one should have expected differently. I’m getting a 60th and this does not bother me, I did not expect it to be exclusive.

Except stern’s own marketing flyer… i mean how dare we expect them to vet their own flyer??

#1230 1 year ago

I am glad I am able to purchase a topper for me LE, but i do feel they materially misrepresented the topper in the video and brochure by labeling it exclusive. Rare toppers can go for several thousand dollars, it would have been part of the value calculation in considering paying the incredibly high price on the 60th. Maybe it wasn’t intentionally, but it’s how they presented it. If I bought a 60th I’d demand a refund based on that misrepresentation - I think it devalues the machine fairly significantly based on the value of the R2D2, ghostbusters and Elvira toppers.

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Except stern’s own marketing flyer… i mean how dare we expect them to vet their own flyer??

Marketing made a mistake. That's why the lawyers always add "Specification subject to change" on all marketing material.

but, I am learning fast that Pinside is no place for common sense or to defend mistakes. Pinsiders seem to think Stern is out to get them at every angle.

I am excited for my Bond games and don't give a crap which games get what topper, etc. Do I think these are expensive toys? Yes, but I am still excited

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nope. Zero problems making any shots.
I don’t measure I just play by feel. But behold my bubble:
[quoted image]

Seeing some shooter lane wear in this pic...turn down that coil power. Hoping the Cliffy's are ready soon.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Seeing some shooter lane wear in this pic...turn down that coil power. Hoping the Cliffy's are ready soon.

Whether I buy protectors or not, two layers of mylar carefully cut goes down in the shooter lane before the first ball is played... It's only NIB once.

#1234 1 year ago

Anyone else have a tough time knowing when the upper shot will loop or stop at the control gate?

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone else have a tough time knowing when the upper shot will loop or stop at the control gate?

Upper shot? You mean the center lock shot? It only diverts when lock is lit for bird one. Left ramp/orbit only stops when the Jetpack MB is ready.

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Upper shot? You mean the center lock shot? It only diverts when lock is lit for bird one. Left ramp/orbit only stops when the Jetpack MB is ready.

no, I mean the loop from the upper flipper that can stop at the pops. Is it only combo shots that go all the way around?

#1237 1 year ago

The flow on this game is so damn good. Had a game the other day with 23 combos. Hit the upper loop a couple times to left ramp, to right orbit to right ramp. Really opened my eyes to how good the layout is.

#1239 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I feel lazy, link?

This is for a right angle power block. You need to pay attention to whether you need a left angle or right angle power cord. I took a look at my Munsters LE and EHOH premium and both use a right angle power cord.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UAUYKY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00

#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thanks for sharing. Any issues will ball hangs on the top of that tank? It just looks ready to grab an airball and not let go.

Haven't had any yet, but the surfaces are sloped so I don't think a ball would park on it if it managed to get up there. I'll try laying a ball on it various places on the body of the tank today. Maaaybe on the fins? I'll check.

EDIT: No ball traps with the tank. I couldn't even balance a ball on it at a dead stop. The surfaces are sloped and even if it gets between the fins at the back they're not wide enough for the ball to rest there so they push it forward and then it rolls off the side.

#1241 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Nice! I picked up the same tank off Amazon and was trying to figure our how to mount it. When will you have it listed in your shop?

I'll get it up this weekend.

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

This isn’t scientific but “The pictures don’t do it justice” seems to be more common on Bond than any other pin. OK, everyone is excited about a new pin… but this seems to really be a thing. Maybe the expectation was lower on these colors so it’s a perception thing (eg many hated the yellow upon release but those who have pros also seems like it in person)

No I actually agree. Before I got it in person I thought the colors were stupid I also didn’t like the artwork on any of the cabinets. Now that I have it in house I actually think the colors look excellent together especially given the artwork and the clothes that Bond is wearing. I also like the artwork on the LE cabinet now. So this one you do have to see in person more so than others.

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Marketing made a mistake. That's why the lawyers always add "Specification subject to change" on all marketing material.
but, I am learning fast that Pinside is no place for common sense or to defend mistakes. Pinsiders seem to think Stern is out to get them at every angle.
I am excited for my Bond games and don't give a crap which games get what topper, etc. Do I think these are expensive toys? Yes, but I am still excited

Totally agree. These are all luxury purchases. I always laugh when people get so mad at topper prices, etc. That is capitalism at work. If you want it, pay what it costs, if you don’t want it, don’t buy it. Simple as pie. None of these are purchases we are forced to make, so do what you want and let the market control prices. I think Stern has started to overshoot with their prices and it will hurt their sales. For the first time in my purchases I would seriously consider a premium over an LE because of the ridiculous premium added to LE prices the last few years. I have noticed just in the last month or so price is starting to tick down in the market. Mirrored that glass in different artwork is not worth $5000 to me which is the difference between Premium and LE on some machines now. In general those are the only LE features that you cannot get and add to a premium

#1244 1 year ago

Really enjoying my Bond Pro, but the foam next to the underwater kick out keeps falling off. Has anyone replaced that yet? Or was it to be removed when I set up the game?

#1245 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Really enjoying my Bond Pro, but the foam next to the underwater kick out keeps falling off. Has anyone replaced that yet? Or was it to be removed when I set up the game?

I have an LE so I don’t know where they put foam in the pro but I’m not aware of any machine that you’re supposed to leave foam in your machine should’ve come with a white sheet on the Playfield that told you what you were to remove did yours? I’m almost sure you need to remove whatever it is you’re referring to. Can you post a picture if you’re not sure?

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

It's there to reduce the amount of times the ball goes in the VUK there (giving hard hits a bounce out chance instead of a dead drop into the VUK from a metal hit). I don't know how effective that is, but it's supposed to be left on that side rail, not removed.

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

This is for a right angle power block. You need to pay attention to whether you need a left angle or right angle power cord. I took a look at my Munsters LE and EHOH premium and both use a right angle power cord.
amazon.com link »

Does this simply mean that the tapered/rounded end is on the right side on this plug?

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

no, I mean the loop from the upper flipper that can stop at the pops. Is it only combo shots that go all the way around?

I'm guessing the issue is the switch in the loop is not triggering on hard fast shots. Mine is doing it, as is my buddy's LE. Probably riding up the wall and missing the switch, seems to be a common problem on certain shots. Rush had that on the inner loop, had a Ghostbusters that did the same thing on the right orbit. Gonna put an MRS in today or tomorrow and see if that does the trick; should, but I'm also afraid it may have issues with the jetpack magnet waving over it. Hopefully that magnet isn't powerful enough to cause problems.

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's there to reduce the amount of times the ball goes in the VUK there (giving hard hits a bounce out chance instead of a dead drop into the VUK from a metal hit). I don't know how effective that is, but it's supposed to be left on that side rail, not removed.

Victor knows more than I do for sure so listen to his advice!

#1250 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My friends all saying way too many vuk shots, my game is ready to be picked up. Any solution to this? I noticed this on reveal that the ball really wants to end up there. Maybe a thicker pad?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,500 (Firm)
$ 79.99
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.