IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4637 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 1 year ago

Hope we see some LEs ship this week.

3 weeks later
#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from heylou:

Jet pack fails motor test and also fails re-calibration. Do not understand thee three boxes 80, 81, 82 in test mode. My issue is jet pack goes all the way to the rocket holding the ball. I do not see adjustment on wheel with squares punched on it. Not to much in manual in the way of adjustment other than ball height, thats ok.....
I do not think you loosen the screw on the arm. Just starting to look into it. Anybody else have this issue??

I have the same issue. Just unboxed my game. I'm on .7 - going to upgrade to .8 and see if that changes anything.

#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

I have the same issue. Just unboxed my game. I'm on .7 - going to upgrade to .8 and see if that changes anything.

updating the code didn’t do anything.

Maybe the test itself is busted? I haven’t been able to play a game yet.

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from heylou:

Jet pack fails motor test and also fails re-calibration. Do not understand thee three boxes 80, 81, 82 in test mode. My issue is jet pack goes all the way to the rocket holding the ball. I do not see adjustment on wheel with squares punched on it. Not to much in manual in the way of adjustment other than ball height, thats ok.....
I do not think you loosen the screw on the arm. Just starting to look into it. Anybody else have this issue??

I think this is a bug in the test only. My jetpack works fine during gameplay

#1234 1 year ago

Anyone else have a tough time knowing when the upper shot will loop or stop at the control gate?

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Upper shot? You mean the center lock shot? It only diverts when lock is lit for bird one. Left ramp/orbit only stops when the Jetpack MB is ready.

no, I mean the loop from the upper flipper that can stop at the pops. Is it only combo shots that go all the way around?

#1428 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

A couple gameplay questions guys. First, the optos on the henchman and the villain ramp do nothing if the ball goes up one of those ramps and falls down the other one. So I’m guessing those optos are there simply to tell the machine which ramp it went up when it completes the ramp and only passing the second optos at the start of the habitrail counts. Correct? Second, what happens when you complete the Spectre targets. I know it raises bonuses but they reset. Does it keep registering higher bonuses each time you complete them?

There was an early stream where Mike V mentioned that U-Turn shots would eventually be recognized. It'd be cool if they used a Bond vehicle on the display during these moments. The ball does this surprisingly often on my game.

Having played the game a bunch and mostly dialed it in, the biggest complaints/hopes that I have are:

1. It is way too hard to complete SPECTRE. They need to give the player another way to qualify those modes. Maybe it's less lucrative or requires more shots than the "right" way. Like, give me credit on a SPECTRE target if I hit the adjacent target, or something along those lines. Or maybe hitting multiple switches up there in a short window of time gives you bonus credit for letters not captured. I don't know what the exact solve is here, but it's solvable.

2. Mode stacking. It's been discussed to death, George says something is in the works. At this point there are times where I want to cancel out of a multiball start because I am more interested in the mode I've started or am about to start.

3. All of the modes feel like "hit the flashing shot to advance the movie scene." I wish there was more thought to a metagame here. Some sort of incentive to line up henchman + villain + weapon modes from the same film all at once. Maybe that's how they're getting around possible IP restrictions around stacking footage from multiple films.

4. For a playfield that *really* gets the flow going when you have your shots dialed in, combos seem hardly celebrated. Lots of room for added embellishment here. I could see a TMNT 1-2-3 like mini-mode that plays part of the Bond Theme as sound FX as you hit each step of the combo.

5. I want to hear more Sean Connery. I only hear him when I manage to start a mode and trigger that part of a clip. Let's hear some of his VO as I'm bashing around the playfield. More VO from the films in general would be great. Ghostbusters does a good job of this, especially when you get to the mini wizard mode.

6. The clearly missing stuff - like scoring multiplier functionality, the controlled Jetpack mode, the missing skillshots, and who knows what else.

7. Service menu stuff that is confusing and doesn't appear to work, like the Jetpack test. I thought my game was messed up, but it's actually a software problem, I think. The jetpack works fine in gameplay.

Does this code work with pinball browser? I'm wondering if there's anything in there that hints at what's to come.

1 week later
#2161 1 year ago

Anyone else dig through the code with pinball browser? It was kinda cool to see that there's more planned for the Aston Martin. That doesn't come through via inserts alone.

#2280 1 year ago

Completing spectre targets is a non issue now. It makes some of those targets a waste because you dont really need one for each letter, but oh well.

I had a lot more fun playing with this update. Was able to see a lot more "stuff" rather than getting stuck just trying to start something interesting.

If mode stacking isn't allowed (unless maybe its ok to do henchman + villain + weapon from the same movie), then they need to let you cancel out of a MB start.

This might come across as blasphemy, and I don't say this lightly because its my favorite pin, but the structure of this game reminds me of a modernized IJ. I'm digging it.

Needs more Connery VO, for the love of god.

1 month later
#5092 1 year ago

Does the right orbit do anything yet?

#5172 1 year ago

Just played two games on the new code. The new jetpack multiball is a massive improvement. That super jackpot is really satisfying to hit, but the callout for it sucks. I wish we got a Bond line or something more exciting here.

I even got the second super jackpot, where you move the jetpack. It's really difficult to control that thing when you're cradling a ball on each flipper, but once you have the jetpack lined up you can do no hold flipper taps to hit the ball without moving the jetpack. It felt SO GOOD to line that up and collect it. This should shut some people up that thought that the jetpack was a meaningless toy. I had a total blast here.

I keep whiffing on the side ramp so I haven't been able to get to Bond, James Bond yet.

Please keep it up, Lonnie, Mike, George, and everyone else working on this!

#5185 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I know, I keep looking for the u turn bonus like I get in fish tales when I clank a shot up the ramp.

Mike V said this was coming.

#5188 1 year ago

Am I crazy or does the new mini wizard mode start with pierce brosnan saying “bond, James Bond”?

#5247 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Wait, were some of you saying you can control Bond on a Wand during the jetpack multiball? I got 5 jackpots and loaded him all but he just moved from home to habitrail, back and forth slowly, waiting for me to shoot the tank target to drop the ball. I had no control over him with the flippers nor action button. Please clarify?

You had the first super jackpot qualified. You have to hit the tank while the ball is above the target on top of the tank to hit that switch and collect the super jackpot. During super jackpot 1, bond moves automatically.

If you collect super jackpot 1 then you get an add a ball and maybe another ball save. Hit 5 more jackpots, load the jetpack again, and THEN you can control the jetpack with the flippers.

#5587 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

The 4 Q gadgets that are missing look like they will be the most interesting ones (see images from the code below). If you like the game so far and you can find a good deal, I'd say buy it because it will almost certainly get better as the code gets updated. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hopefully these have more to them than “shoot the lit shots to complete the gadget”

#5816 1 year ago

I played a couple games. I thought I would like the new combo stuff more than I do.

There are no callouts associated with them that I've heard, so it's a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of deal.

I also find that they really get logjammed in terms of what's displayed. It's not at all tight, especially if you've got other stuff queued up.

Finally, after 3~ games on the new code I hit Combo Champ at 37 combos. I didn't feel like I earned that. I bet a bunch of those were from various multiballs.

It's a positive step forward overall. Still a long ways to go.

2 weeks later
#6551 12 months ago

Fleshing out the game with the missing modes / polish > implementing playfield multipliers.

It will all come in time. I’d rather have new stuff than a way to make the existing stuff worth more points.

#6659 12 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Little Nellie mode is simply hitting the targets in front of the rocket. Very disappointing game so far. Glad I have machines NIB that came with complete code out of the box. Will be interesting to see if this theme rebounds. Have seen LEs sold for $10,900. BM66 was the same way with Premiums sellings for $6500. They saved that game by fixing the code, but I never could warm up to the game. Sold mine after the code was complete.

That’s not how little Nellie works. You shoot the drops to light the right ramp or increase the value of the right ramp if it’s already lit.

No wonder you didn’t like the mode.

1 month later
#7573 11 months ago

Would you guys feel better about the pops cycling modes if on the pre / LE they had independent coil drivers?

I’ll be here all week, folks.

2 weeks later
#7948 10 months ago

Wish we had a way to qualify more than one lit bond woman in a single loop shot. Like, X combo = X collected maybe.

This implementation reminds me of the original attaché case mode and how hard that was to access at first.

2 weeks later
#8487 9 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

Thaaaaank you for linking!
So 90% done.
1) Three more movie based wizard modes coming in the next immediate updates (Dr. No, Goldfinger, Thunderball based)
Dr. No and Goldfinger Death Scenes?
Any guess as to what scene for the Thunderball wizard mode?
These wizard modes along with Ahoy, Mr Bond and will be qualified the same way (playing all 6 of a mode category) and toggleable with the goldfinger target and pops.
2) The HMSS final wizard mode coming too.
3) Spectre weapons will obtain perks (increase mode timer, ball save timer, and tbd)
4) Bond women clips are TBD (Oh boy, I guess just bc its "on the freakin translite" doesn't making it a slamdunk for the asset police in 2023)
5) Skill shots, couple more to be added and they will eventually be playable at all opportunity (eg after BJB).
6) Extra ball pacing to be polished.
7) U-turn shots will do something eventually
High stakes will be improved with more meaningful awards
Some unknowns unasked questions
(for me anyways)
A) Will combos do anything? The fireplace graphic is a placeholder?
B) No perks eventually for Q modes? just seems obvious theme integration but Im only a customer.
C) Will completing all/most skill shots do anything?
D) Any new music or callouts planned? (Under the Mango Tree ?)
E) Will actually beating some of the main modes be required for anything at all? Just more points?
F) MI-6 rollover seems like a bonus multiplier but I dont see that on the LCD

Thanks for this summary. What does Bond girl clips TBD mean? That the specific clips or TBD or that they haven’t decided whether or not to include them at all?

#8489 9 months ago

Yep. Makes sense.

We need some perks that make it easier to get through modes IMHO. Some of them are way too hard.

#8610 9 months ago

I have both games and find myself coming back to Bond much more frequently.

Foo is a great game too, but something about Bond grabs me.

3 weeks later
#9239 9 months ago

Just got my topper yesterday. I installed it but haven’t had time to play a game. I only messed with it in test / attract mode.

The thing has well over 100 LEDs in it.

1 month later
#10308 8 months ago

I bet “exceptionally fine shot” is being saved for the MXK skill shot.

4 months later
#13422 3 months ago

I hope we get flipper button audio during attract mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,500 (Firm)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=zucot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.