IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bossk4hire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I saw what MSRP is but how much are people paying or expecting to pay for a pro and how much for a premium? I'm trying to decide between a pro and premium.

I haven't found any distributor that is selling the pros or prems any lower than MSRP. Some might be willing to take a few bucks off for a cash only deal. Many are offering free shipping and no sales tax.

I've got a deposit down on a pro and am pumped for it!

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Cliffy slot protector did not help, FYI. Still sits there about half the time.
[quoted image]

I put a cliffy there on a pro and so far (granted its only 30 ish plays) I've not had it hang up there.

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Another magnet to cover up the ugly epilepsy warning sticker on the premium/LE metal aprons. Thunderball art for the LE or You Only Live Twice art for the premium.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance you could make some of the bath scene fit as a decal for the metal mountain?

20221219_101415 (resized).jpg20221219_101415 (resized).jpg
#548 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bring it up to at least 6.5, maybe even 6.7 and see if that takes care of it.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

I think this was meant for Mrsiyufy over in the Bond Mod thread!

Hahahaha yep

#555 1 year ago

Loving the Pro!

20221220_154749 (resized).jpg20221220_154749 (resized).jpg
#560 1 year ago

Anyone put a shaker motor in yet? Any code.for it?

#631 1 year ago

Wahoo! .80 downloading now!

#716 1 year ago

Ok yall I feel dumb asking this but I can't find any way to track how many balls, lights somewhere, are locked for the bird 1 MB on my pro. What am I missing?

#797 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Spectre Drop Targets
Anyone else getting BRICKS when hitting the Spectre drop targets? (targets don't drop when hit hard). Direct hits from flipper shots make me relive the bricks I'd get on the Scolari brothers on Ghostbusters.
Looking back most of us who had the issues on GB bought tighter springs or just tightened up the existing springs to make the "pull" have more tension.
I'll be tightening the springs tomorrow to see if it helps. (my Bond pro is on location).
Anyone else having this issue?
(note: there are YouTube videos on tightening the springs)

Yep! On my pro. Haven't messed with anything yet

#903 1 year ago

The only stuck ball I've had on my pro is this one. A little nudge and away it went. Sorry yall are having issues

20221219_143825 (resized).jpg20221219_143825 (resized).jpg
#997 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

So far so good but…. the dreaded monster shaker squeak again!
Stern shaker motors drive me nuts, lube never helps over the long run - the only thing I found was to reverse the motor’s polarity - cut it down quite a bit and held on other machines.
Anyone have any luck killing the squeaks completely? Remember reading pinball pro’s kits are better w different motors that have better bushings?
Dream would be to find a direct motor swap with proper bearings….

I've started buying the pinball life ones. No more stern ones for me. Neighbor had a stern one for 2 weeks with a squeak which then turned into smoke and burned up. Stern wouldn't give him a new one.

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

Im getting brick shots off my drop targets, did someone say there was an easy fix/adjustment for this? thanks, sorry if this is a repeat question.

I unhooked the part of the sping on the bottom and then stretched the springs out. Seems to have fixed it for my game. I can hit em really hard and they drop easy.

#1104 1 year ago

Any idea if the topper does anything or just stays lit?

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

For me, no. That's why I own a Pro. Premium owners are going to say it was worth it. The big differences are Bond on a wand, the physical ball lock and the "under water" moving figures, and I didn't see that making enough difference for me in gameplay to justify the extra $2600 USD.
Hopefully you can find a place where you can play both and decide for yourself. I'd also recommend waiting for some code updates before making a final decision, how Bond on a wand ends up working in gameplay could be the deciding factor.

I've got a pro and love it. The prem looks awesome but just couldn't justify the extra 2600 for it with my budget. The Bond Jetpack does look pretty dope!

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, my general philosophy is to not duplicate other people's mod work, unless it's atrociously bad. There are plenty of mod opportunities in pinball and if that mod-maker talent is spread out instead of overlapping, a lot more gets done, and that benefits everyone. Looking forward to seeing what you release.

Nice! I picked up the same tank off Amazon and was trying to figure our how to mount it. When will you have it listed in your shop?

#1282 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Having issues with my drop targets not dropping from direct hits - quite often in fact. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm happy to do the research on Pinside as I'm sure this is covered in detail but if there are any Bond owners with experiencing fixing this, much appreciated.

Mine had this issue and I saw someone talk about stretching out the springs and that did the trick for me.

#1297 1 year ago

Screenshot_20230107_205028_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230107_205028_Facebook (resized).jpg saw this.

#1389 1 year ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Just got my premium setup! Anyone have any advice for the speakers sounding practically blow during bass parts specifically when the balls in the pop bumpers.

I took out the stock paper ones and put in 5 1/4 kenwoods and it sounds a lot better. Also added an external sub.
Kenwood KFC-1366S 250 Watt... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SFC3P9

#1599 1 year ago

I cannot stand it when folks put white rubbers on their games. They get so dirty so quick and look like crap. I'm hooked on the clear ones. But that is just me

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Hey Bossk4hire,
I bought those speakers that you recommended but they are a little too big for the mounts. How did you install them? Got any pictures?

I snagged a set of brackets here.... http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I just ordered the same speakers and bought those same plates today after taking to Doug who owns that business. First time buyer.
Such an awesome experience, got detailed response to my request within minutes and after I put the order in he shipped within a few minutes more, that's totally incredible!
I got the kit that has also the lights in it - I had seen them at a show and they really dress up a machine.
I'll post pictures once it's installed. The kit will beat the speakers here and Amazon is super quick because we have a distribution center nearby!
Thanks Doug!

Great fella to work with! Great speaker lights and crazy easy to install too!

20230113_194311 (resized).jpg20230113_194311 (resized).jpg

#1621 1 year ago

I've also put this sub in the cabinet for my other games but havnt yet in my Bond.
Pyle 8" 1600W DVC 4-Ohm Car Audio Subwoofer Speaker Set, 2pk | PLPW8D https://a.co/d/iXRPpF8

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

New PB version out and it says compatible with .80 007.anyone want to try?

What changes does it make? I've got an extra SD card so I'd be willing to try it

#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Looks great! I'd like to purchase the same speaker lights, but wasn't sure if the Bond speakers are already 5.25" or do I have to buy new speakers first?

I put bigger ones in mine. Pro comes with 4" and these are 5 1/4. Same as the LE.
But they have another kit that goes around the whole speaker rectangle area that you wouldn't have to change the speakers

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I put a new translite together for my pro. Pm if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love it! Sign me up!

1 week later
#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Translite arrived and it looks incredibly good, even better than on the pictures. Thank you so much! I absolutely love it - this is a must mod for everyone with Pro or Premium before you do anything else.
[quoted image]
Sorry for the reflection in the image

So pumped to get one! That looks awesome!

#2099 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Current Pro owners, if you had a "do-over", would you buy it again or skip it?
I am used pro shopping and on the fence.

I really enjoy the game. Fun shots. Combo's are a blast and the variation in the speed of the game keeps you on your toes.
No regrets getting a pro at all. It's only going to get better.

#2304 1 year ago

Y'all are just too funny.... we need an update!.... this update sucks!..... the same old cycle.

#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just received what I think is mod of the year for 2023. Wow
[quoted image]

Agreed! I need to pull it back and trim like a 1/16" of the side and top and it'll fit perfectly.

20230123_192421 (resized).jpg20230123_192421 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3470 1 year ago

What eq settings are folks finding work well?
Got any pictures of the screens?
Thanks!

1 week later
#4052 1 year ago

I get the with the game costs going up the Operators need to bump the cost to play the games.
I wonder for the $2/play games do they get played alot?
There has to be a balance when coming up with the cost where it recoups the cost of the game but also isn't too high that people will walk past and play another game or none at all. I don't think I've seen games more than $1/play or $2/ 3 plays.

1 week later
#4822 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I will create its own topic again soon and if your one of the people that doesnt understand why I do this type work that is fine. Just click ignore loganpinball on pinside and your issue with me is resolved. Please do that if this is offending you that much. I am just a visual guy and like to do what we do with machines. 99 percent of pinside has been very good with our build topics. That 1 percent last week was just so damn crazy.. please dont be the 1 percent.
I am a big fan of George. And I am hopefull code is coming like everyone else. And this mod is just a base to build something around the rocket. Still thinking.. there was not enough momentum to circle the rocket as the ramp height exit to wireform is low. So, I am working on other ideas. But, I really do like the look of the wireform rerouted. And that is what I really like to do with our games. I figured I would share from this point on and I hope I dont have to burn out the ignore button.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty cool!

1 month later
#6877 12 months ago

If anyone is looking for a pro I've got mine listed:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/155470

6 months later
#12398 5 months ago

Anyone have a LE that they would be interested in trading for a jjp ruby red wizard of oz?

If so hit me up!

Jeff in SC

4 months later
#15160 20 days ago

Anyone have a Prem or Le that would be interested in. Trade for a Wonka ce?
Pictures and videos of it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19EMQqQyFeLQYwAuR5cWyVmtvwtqXg7DF
Jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bossk4hire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=bossk4hire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.