IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 314.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How is shaker coded in 007 so far? Don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention it.

There is a little bit of shaker integration, but them have a lot more they could do with it.

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My Premium arrived today. Packaging was perfect. No damage. Have it set up and playing as nicely as it can be with .80 code. Only issue I noticed is that the apron decal is shifted or smudged. Anybody else notice this on theirs? Dec. 22nd build date.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Space coast Pinball has a nice sticker or magnet to cover that.put mine on today looks great.

#1153 1 year ago

Do you guys feel the justification to upgrade to a premium for the price is there over the pro ?

I’m on a budget but absolutely loved this theme I know upgrading GZ was worth it just wondering what y’all thought

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Do you guys feel the justification to upgrade to a premium for the price is there over the pro ?

I’m on a budget but absolutely loved this theme I know upgrading GZ was worth it just wondering what y’all thought

For me, no. That's why I own a Pro. Premium owners are going to say it was worth it. The big differences are Bond on a wand, the physical ball lock and the "under water" moving figures, and I didn't see that making enough difference for me in gameplay to justify the extra $2600 USD.

Hopefully you can find a place where you can play both and decide for yourself. I'd also recommend waiting for some code updates before making a final decision, how Bond on a wand ends up working in gameplay could be the deciding factor.

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I bought an LE, don't regret it. No kids, I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it, it's gorgeous and *the* grail theme for me. That said, I put a bunch of time on the pro at Pincinatti - just get a pro. If anything I might prefer it; I actually really dig the no stop lock. No way there's an extra 3k of value there.

Bond on a wand IS growing on me though.

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

For me, no. That's why I own a Pro. Premium owners are going to say it was worth it. The big differences are Bond on a wand, the physical ball lock and the "under water" moving figures, and I didn't see that making enough difference for me in gameplay to justify the extra $2600 USD.
Hopefully you can find a place where you can play both and decide for yourself. I'd also recommend waiting for some code updates before making a final decision, how Bond on a wand ends up working in gameplay could be the deciding factor.

I've got a pro and love it. The prem looks awesome but just couldn't justify the extra 2600 for it with my budget. The Bond Jetpack does look pretty dope!

#1157 1 year ago

My Bond LE #387 was delivered to the Palmetto State today. It looks even better in person than I imagined. I've only played 10 games or so and have had a software glitch. While playing my 2nd ball in a game, the tilt warning came on and the playfield went dark. The flippers quit working and the ball drained. Then the game automatically gave me a ball save and auto plunge. The machine immediately went into the tilt warning, power down, ball drain scenario described above. This went on for 4 cycles and then when the ball drained, the game ended. No 3rd ball. Weird....

#1158 1 year ago

Setting up #138 now. Found an empty wire crimp in the bottom of the cabinet, that’s a first. Sure hope it’s an extra from installation and not one that broke off because that will mean something doesn’t work for sure. I wanted to ask what do you all have your pitch at? I’m going to wax and then level and pitch in a few minutes.

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

. I wanted to ask what do you all have your pitch at? I’m going to wax and then level and pitch in a few minutes.

I'm at 6.8 currently, actually think I might bring it down a little though.

#1160 1 year ago

Alright who has made a mod making the jet pack guy move like the premium? I have a pro and would like to make it like a premium.

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Only issue I noticed is that the apron decal is shifted or smudged. Anybody else notice this on theirs?

Crazy that was allowed to be installed -- it looks terrible and what good is a safety warning if you can't read it??

Don't sweat it though, get yourself one of these from Space Coast Pinball and just cover it up:

20230106_194033 (resized).jpg20230106_194033 (resized).jpg

#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Setting up #138 now. Found an empty wire crimp in the bottom of the cabinet, that’s a first. Sure hope it’s an extra from installation and not one that broke off because that will mean something doesn’t work for sure. I wanted to ask what do you all have your pitch at? I’m going to wax and then level and pitch in a few minutes.

I set mine with the top of the bubble slightly outside the top line. Was surprised when I put the level on it the slope was at 7.4. It plays really well very fast.

#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I set mine with the bubble slightly outside the top line. Was surprised when I put the level on it the slope was at 7.4. It plays really well very fast.

For bond, steeper is better.

#1164 1 year ago

I usually aim for 6.8 on most of my games. I’ll have to play around with Bond a bit and see if more is better

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

The code is like half done so hard to judge completely right now. Bond on a Wand is supposed to get at least one more capability (manual control). The jetpack multiball is a fun gimmick but probably not worth the $3k upgrade if you are on a budget. As someone else said, play them on location and see if it's worth it to you.

#1166 1 year ago

Unboxed LE #45 a couple hours ago. The pictures don't do it justice, the green is gorgeous and blends well with the orange t molding. Only complaint so far is the Vuk above the swimmers is placed in an area that catches the ball often, slows the game and is very unpredictable, goes many different places. The left ramp shot is dreamy, the loop shot from upper left flipper is super fast! Reminds me of JP. The pop bumpers go nuts sometimes and you get like 20-40million, lol. Updating to code .80 as we speak. Let's see what happens!

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Unboxed LE #45 a couple hours ago. The pictures don't do it justice, the green is gorgeous and blends well with the orange t molding. Only complaint so far is the Vuk above the swimmers is placed in an area that catches the ball often, slows the game and is very unpredictable, goes many different places. The left ramp shot is dreamy, the loop shot from upper left flipper is super fast! Reminds me of JP. The pop bumpers go nuts sometimes and you get like 20-40million, lol. Updating to code .80 as we speak. Let's see what happens!

I originally had this problem and I played around with the level of the back legs to get it pretty steep but that kicker shoots it directly into the pop bumper area every time now. Just play with it a bit and I’m sure it’ll work out.

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Unboxed LE #45 a couple hours ago. The pictures don't do it justice, the green is gorgeous and blends well with the orange t molding. Only complaint so far is the Vuk above the swimmers is placed in an area that catches the ball often, slows the game and is very unpredictable, goes many different places.

If the ball is rolling back down from the shooter lane into the left scoop a lot then check if the one-way gate in the upper right is working properly. There was some info early on in this thread on how to adjust it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/3#post-7285317

#1169 1 year ago

Any recent unboxings premium or LE check their goodie bag for Disco Volante decal?

Gomez mentioned again on recent podcast it should be in there but early pros did not have.

#1170 1 year ago

Issue resolved and I'm an idiot. I forgot that I threw the paperwork in the bottom of the cabinet. Eventually, the items wiggled free from the top of the coinbox and wedged up against the tilt bob. Embarrassingly, the only glitch was user error but easily remedied.

My Bond LE #387 was delivered to the Palmetto State today. It looks even better in person than I imagined. I've only played 10 games or so and have had a software glitch. While playing my 2nd ball in a game, the tilt warning came on and the playfield went dark. The flippers quit working and the ball drained. Then the game automatically gave me a ball save and auto plunge. The machine immediately went into the tilt warning, power down, ball drain scenario described above. This went on for 4 cycles and then when the ball drained, the game ended. No 3rd ball. Weird....

#1171 1 year ago

Doh

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have noticed this as well. I started at 6.6 but now am closer to 7.2 and it shoots better. Where are you at?

#1173 1 year ago

My Premium comes Monday!
We’re watching Dr No now!
Going to watch all 27 movies between now and when our 60th comes.
Excited for Monday

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Vuk above the swimmers ... is very unpredictable, goes many different places.

I actually LIKE the unpredictability here -- plus the variability in ball behavior based on which drop targets are up or down. Adds more challenge, and keeps up one of the best things about pinball -- that no two games are ever the same!

That said, I do occasionally get a SDTM off the dragon tank target when ejected from that scoop. I'd like to so something in the code similar to the scoop on Rush, where if the ejects from the scoop, hits the target, and goes SDTM, you get a ball save. It should be based on a very short timer and contingent on no other switches being hit.

#1175 1 year ago

Ok holllllllld on a second here. I need some help from Bond fans.

Admittedly I haven't seen ALL of the Bond films. I'd seen a varied selection of the early ones and then all of them from Brosnan and on. Since we have the pin, my family and I just finished watching the six Connery films included in the game. And we're super confused.

YOLT and DAF were two of the ones I hadn't seen.

The character of Henderson appears in You Only Live Twice, as a retired agent. He's also later killed in the film.

Then, in Diamonds Are Forever, the same actor is now playing the role of Blofeld. ...but he's Blofeld, and never referred to as Henderson.

Based on his inclusion in the game -- even being identified as Henderson on the insert & mode -- I was expecting some sort of plot twist revealing he wasn't actually Blofeld, but Henderson taking up Blofeld's mantle, or something like that. But that never happened.

Did I miss something? Is there some reveal later? Is this technically an error, listing him as Henderson on the game? Help me out, hardcore Bond peeps. We're confused over here.

#1176 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been addressed but when I scan my code it says this?

2EF0D8E3-BA33-44E5-9D57-744F1FD25C39 (resized).jpeg2EF0D8E3-BA33-44E5-9D57-744F1FD25C39 (resized).jpeg
#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok holllllllld on a second here. I need some help from Bond fans.
Admittedly I haven't seen ALL of the Bond films. I'd seen a varied selection of the early ones and then all of them from Brosnan and on. Since we have the pin, my family and I just finished watching the six Connery films included in the game. And we're super confused.
YOLT and DAF were two of the ones I hadn't seen.
The character of Henderson appears in You Only Live Twice, as a retired agent. He's also later killed in the film.
Then, in Diamonds Are Forever, the same actor is now playing the role of Blofeld. ...but he's Blofeld, and never referred to as Henderson.
Based on his inclusion in the game -- even being identified as Henderson on the insert & mode -- I was expecting some sort of plot twist revealing he wasn't actually Blofeld, but Henderson taking up Blofeld's mantle, or something like that. But that never happened.
Did I miss something? Is there some reveal later? Is this technically an error, listing him as Henderson on the game? Help me out, hardcore Bond peeps. We're confused over here.

Correct, this is weird and makes no sense. Mr. Henderson takes a knife in the back during a brief scene in YOLT, and has nothing to do with the clip of Jimmy Dean as Walter Whyte in Diamonds are Forever that accompanies the “Henderson” mode.

The code is a pretty hot mess right now, that’s the best explanation I can give you.

Hey! I think we just gave somebody something to Jabber on about in a pinball podcast for 30 minutes!

#1178 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I think they didn't want to list Blofeld twice so they listed that actor/character as "aka Mr. Henderson" even though Henderson wasn't in DAF. Yeah, I don't think it makes much sense but they had to put in a villain for DAF and he's it.

#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I think they didn't want to list Blofeld twice so they listed that actor/character as "aka Mr. Henderson" even though Henderson wasn't in DAF. Yeah, I don't think it makes much sense but they had to put in a villain for DAF and he's it.

That doesn’t make any sense because “blofeld/Henderson” isn’t even in the clip. It’s very, very odd.

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

with the steeper angle did you have to adjust the flipper power to make the jet pack ramp?

#1181 1 year ago

Owners threads are so much more fun than hype threads. I am new here. But this is nicer

#1182 1 year ago

Yes! Generally they are.

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct, this is weird and makes no sense. Mr. Henderson takes a knife in the back during a brief scene in YOLT, and has nothing to do with the clip of Jimmy Dean as Walter Whyte in Diamonds are Forever that accompanies the “Henderson” mode.
The code is a pretty hot mess right now, that’s the best explanation I can give you.
Hey! I think we just gave somebody something to Jabber on about in a pinball podcast for 30 minutes!

Quoted from Grantman:

Considering how over the top, control freakish the liscensor (allegedly) is…I am amazed this was not caught!! My biggest fear with this pin…a theme I am ALL in on … is these folks totally limiting Stern on how the assets can be used. Gimping the code would be a real shame I hope they get it worked out as this thing has loads of potential.

#1184 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

with the steeper angle did you have to adjust the flipper power to make the jet pack ramp?

Nope. Zero problems making any shots.

I don’t measure I just play by feel. But behold my bubble:

B7071444-2F04-45ED-996C-61CF45A7DF6A (resized).jpegB7071444-2F04-45ED-996C-61CF45A7DF6A (resized).jpeg
#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Owners threads are so much more fun than hype threads. I am new here. But this is nicer

Welcome. Stay away from 60th thread. Like 400 posts a day of bitching about price.

#1186 1 year ago

Yeah I was wondering about the blofield/Henderson thing too…I wondered if it was an error.

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nope. Zero problems making any shots.
I don’t measure I just play by feel. But behold my bubble:
[quoted image]

And what a bubble it is to behold!
thanks I'll give it a try

#1188 1 year ago

Having a little fun with my new LE #385.

If anyone is interested in getting set up with Little Nellie and Wet Nellie, DM me. I can sell you a full kit (I have a few on order) or just the 3D parts. Works on Pro and Prem as well.

Also both of these models are available online for about $85 total, happy to share the 3D files with anyone who wants to DIY.

Both are very secure. The copter has a small plate on the front end to protect it. I'll be adapting it further if needed.

Photo Jan 06 2023, 9 01 15 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 01 15 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 01 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 01 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 02 01 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 02 01 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 23 24 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 23 24 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 21 02 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 21 02 PM (resized).jpg

Photo Jan 06 2023, 9 36 49 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 06 2023, 9 36 49 PM (resized).jpg

#1189 1 year ago

I found an oddity on my Premium compared to earlier Pros. There is no mylar around the right inlane switch. If this was the solution to uppostgate then it works. My balls aren't hanging up after the post drops. However there's no protection from the ball drop which drops directly on top of the switch. I've seen routed games (not Bond, to new) splintering around the the switch. I'll install a Cliffy ASAP.

#1190 1 year ago

Gonna pick my Premium up tomorrow from Zach. I am super stoked!
Was planning on picking it up on Wednesday already, but i got totally flattened by a stomach bug for 2 days. Apparently that's going around currently here in Ohio.

#1191 1 year ago

Hm. Maybe I need more, not less then. Started at 7, felt like 6.8 was better. Will kick it up a few notches tomorrow and see what I think.

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Learn to "ignore". It is amazing how few people you need to ignore to change your entire experience on Pinside.

Owners clubs are meant to be for owners and fans of the game.

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Sorry if this has been addressed but when I scan my code it says this?
[quoted image]

In the past with other titles this would clear itself after some amount of time (hours) and would appear after an update. (Assuming there is some checksum that needs updating that happens in the background).

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

In the past with other titles this would clear itself after some amount of time (hours) and would appear after an update. (Assuming there is some checksum that needs updating that happens in the background).

Thank you! hope that is all. I have another issue I just discovered. Jet pack can’t find home error.

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I set mine with the top of the bubble slightly outside the top line. Was surprised when I put the level on it the slope was at 7.4. It plays really well very fast.

Thanks. I started at 6.8. Took a long time to set up, download and update code, wax, level and pitch. Played one game, not having an issue with the gates or other problems people have mentioned but only played one game. However, what the hell is this? I have 9 spike 2 Sterns, every single one before this has the 90 degree plug, nice and neat and tight to the machine. My 007 came with a computer plug that sticks out. The third pic is my Munsters. WTF???? Does everyone else have the same plug in Bond?

Also the plastic over my ramps has no screw in the front hole. The plastic isn’t even drilled for the screw in the front left. Is this by design?

08825C65-ECF7-4C5C-9857-C995FF306B40 (resized).jpeg08825C65-ECF7-4C5C-9857-C995FF306B40 (resized).jpeg

F6585A3E-5B81-47CE-ABE9-51231BF5751F (resized).jpegF6585A3E-5B81-47CE-ABE9-51231BF5751F (resized).jpeg5792711A-0ACF-40B2-A8AF-7291C8691235 (resized).jpeg5792711A-0ACF-40B2-A8AF-7291C8691235 (resized).jpeg1C06EE44-EB24-464D-9056-3A7C79387287 (resized).jpeg1C06EE44-EB24-464D-9056-3A7C79387287 (resized).jpeg
#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thanks. I started at 6.8. Took a long time to set up, download and update code, wax, level and pitch. Played one game, not having an issue with the gates or other problems people have mentioned but only played one game. However, what the hell is this? I have 9 spike 2 Sterns, every single one before this has the 90 degree plug, nice and neat and tight to the machine. My 007 came with a computer plug that sticks out. The third pic is my Munsters. WTF???? Does everyone else have the same plug in Bond?
Also the plastic over my ramps has no screw in the front hole. The plastic isn’t even drilled for the screw in the front left. Is this by design?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same on mine.

#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Same on mine.

Thanks. What the hell is wrong with Stern? Why do they make such stupid changes? I hate this plug setup. You can see the back of my machine. Is there a way to swap it out and replace with the old style? Looks like the plug in the machine has been changed as well so you can’t just get a new plug. Like the pin so far but I hate how they do things.

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thanks. What the hell is wrong with Stern? Why do they make such stupid changes? I hate this plug setup. You can see the back of my machine. Is there a way to swap it out and replace with the old style? Looks like the plug in the machine has been changed as well so you can’t just get a new plug. Like the pin so far but I hate how they do things.

Just buy a different iec cord

Stern probably had a parts supply issue and just subbed the part to keep the line moving.

Buy a $9 cable if it really bothers you

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Yeah I was wondering about the blofield/Henderson thing too…I wondered if it was an error.

In a bold move, Blofeld got plastic surgery to look exactly like Mr. Henderson, who Bond saw get killed in You Only Live Twice.

#1200 1 year ago

Topper Video

Here you go, folks. You can watch the topper in action in this clip. The guy playing abandoned his game, so I didn’t get any game play, but the topper is very cool… adds a great vibe to the overall package.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Contact
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

There are 15,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.