IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyking2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#274 1 year ago

LE #411 in the club! This game is beauuuuutiful!

20221214_171717 (resized).jpg20221214_171717 (resized).jpg20221214_173104 (resized).jpg20221214_173104 (resized).jpg20221214_173108 (resized).jpg20221214_173108 (resized).jpg20221214_173115 (resized).jpg20221214_173115 (resized).jpg
#315 1 year ago

Now that the game is here, I looked at my various color options and decided red is the way to go with the LE for my start button & coin buttons -- ties in with the red 007 accent in the art and the red in the lower playfield area. Obviously you pick whatever you like best -- in fact I'm printing some dark blue to match the sharks to see how that looks -- but in my opinion the red works best.

While I have six different designs for the start button, I went with the 2015 SPECTRE logo version since that's all over the game.

20221215_021603 (resized).jpg20221215_021603 (resized).jpg20221215_021823 (resized).jpg20221215_021823 (resized).jpg

#324 1 year ago

The t-molding is definitely orange on mine, as well as the rings around the speakers. Meant to match Bond's orange scuba suit, and complement the teal armor.

#347 1 year ago

Kids are trying to get me to change the start button to blue. Matches the sharks pretty well. When lit, it's a deeper blue color than it appears in the pic below -- just hard to capture colors accurately with the camera.

With all the talk about orange t-molding, I'm running a set of orange buttons right now just to see how that looks too. I still like the red personally, based on tying in with the red 007 and the red lights on the lower pf. (Ref post #315 for red)

20221215_164215 (resized).jpg20221215_164215 (resized).jpg20221215_164834 (resized).jpg20221215_164834 (resized).jpg

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Pro owners have to adjust the car lockout? Mines only doing the correct thing 20% of the time. Yes it’s level. Rolls over car into outlane or shooter lane.

My LE was doing this too, and also sometimes not coming all the way out -- the roof panel was just catching the edge of the habitrail. Like you, I adjusted its position so the door fully clears, and one piece of the habitrail blocks the direction of the outlane. Been 100% ever since.

Don't worry folks, it's that easy. Just two nuts to loosen. If you take out a ball, you can repeatedly test it while in attract mode, as the game ejects the ball immediately to get set up for a new game. Get it adjusted, retighten, you're done.

#380 1 year ago

Any score that has 007 in a grouping should earn a secret extra replay!

20221216_011001 (resized).jpg20221216_011001 (resized).jpg
#415 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Did it end up being 007 on the LE plaque?

We gotta know!!! I can't tell from the pics

#430 1 year ago

I was initially disappointed with the Scuba Bond, could barely see it, didn't move much ..... turned out it there was a block of foam under the pf that it was zip tied to, for shipping lol.... facepalm! Now he's much more visible and moves around as intended. Just thought I'd admit my dumbassery to help anyone else who didn't know about the foam either.

Finally caught the flow of the game and more than doubled my best score so far!

20221216_213352 (resized).jpg20221216_213352 (resized).jpg
#437 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Stern put paper directions on the playfield what to remove on top and underneath for the scuba.

Hence the dumbassery comment -- didn't look at that!

#443 1 year ago

Between having to adjust the habitrail above the Aston Martin out of the box, and then having to readjust it tonight after working on a mod (replacing the orange/pink plastic under the car, soon to be expanded into a road scene, reference https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread/page/2#post-7298690 for the initial baseline / pics), I decided to look a little more closely at the ejection process and how it interacts with this rail.

I took several super-slo-mo videos after various adjustments, and they show just how different the ejection process is despite very minor position changes. You'll also see it's much more violent than I realized -- the habitrail shakes a lot!

It's important to be sure you have good clearance for the roof to open and not contact the rails, yet still have a smooth feed. This is nearly impossible to see in real-time so I recommend you use this video method to check yours. I expect this will be unique to everyone's individual machines based on slope, ejector strength, etc. As you'll see, all three of these videos end up with the ball in the habitrail headed for the inlane, so you'd think it's all good ... but watch closely, there is more happening than meets the eye.

Here in the first vid, I discovered the ejection was messy -- the ball bounces slightly back toward the car, so the roof panel tries to slam shut on the ball, and then the ball actually bonks off the roof of the car before tumbling down to the main habitrail:

Adjustments made... this time it's redirected a little better but still barely clears the roof/car and kinda floats over to the main channel.

More adjustments made, this was the best I got it for now... it catches a little more of the curved section and floats over the car with a little more clearance. I left it in this setup as "good enough" for now, since I'll be messing with this hardware more as I continue work on the mod.

When you check & adjust yours (by loosening the two nuts at the base of the curved section), you'll want a flat tool to manually lift the roof to ensure you have clearance past the ends of the individual rails. Flex it a little too -- since now you see how much it moves during the event! Test it and shoot your videos by having a loose ball while in attract mode. Any ball dropped into the scoop will eject automatically since the game wants to get reset and ready for a new player.

#445 1 year ago

Forget Saturday morning cartoons ... came downstairs to find this:

20221217_092158 (resized).jpg20221217_092158 (resized).jpg
#453 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I found a glitch. Sometimes when you start the jetpack multiball, the lock to stop the ball does not actuate until after the ball has passed the lock. The jetpack then has no ball to grab. Anyone else experience this?

No problems with jetpack multiball here, have had it several times with no issue.

Where I DID run into code problem last night was, I was in Goldfinger mode, then started a multiball (Bird One I think) ... I figured this would stack, but I didn't see any indication that GF was still going. Then for the rest of the game, whatever villain/henchman mode I was in, wouldn't show their timer. It kept showing Goldfinger on the screen with 0:00 left.

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Anybody ever have problems taking off the glass on a recent game? It was really difficult taking this off and putting it back on. I think the plastic channel is too narrow and scraping against the glass (I don't think the glass was damaged).
[quoted image]

There is some importance to the channels being snug -- don't want it to juat slide out on its own when you take the lockdown bar off, and also shaker motors can cause the glass to rattle. One of the vendors sells special soft tape to add to panes that rattle. (Needed to do this on my GoT.) FWIW, Bond glass is noticeably more snug than my previous game.

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wouldn't say the geometry is "off" just that it's definitely DIFFERENT than usual. Your muscle memory from other games is what's screwing you over. Took me about a week of only playing Bond to adjust to it. You'll get it.

This. My first impression of this game was how unique the geometry of the shots is -- very different timing on the flippers than we're used to with recent games.

#524 1 year ago

Those not familiar with DJ Mixer mode (great to have on music pins) might want to be made aware -- DJ Mixer mode can be turned on in Bond with Standard Adjustment #70.

Then, while in attract mode, hold both flippers, and when the game selection comes up, scroll with the flippers to DJ Mixer mode and hit start. Now you can leave the game music playing in your game room!

Only three tracks on there for now, and two of them are "test tracks" you hear in some modes ... hopefully they add more down the road.

20221219_204801 (resized).jpg20221219_204801 (resized).jpg
#533 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Are they John Barry originsl score music or Stern originals in the spirit of John Barry?

It's the music that's currently in the game.

#672 1 year ago

In addition to Blofeld, Henderson, and Osato, looks like we got the knife shoe too, in the SPECTRE weapons.

#675 1 year ago

My kids have really been enjoying Bond -- I'm afraid to look to see how many games are on it since my son has been playing it constantly -- and it's made them really interested to watch the movies.

After sitting them down for a preemptive talk about Bond's treatment of women, we proceeded to watch Dr. No, and to my surprise they both really enjoyed it! It doubled as an Easter egg hunt, as they excitedly pointed out every thing/scene they recognized from the game (now making more sense in context) -- which kicked off right from the opening credits (all the colored dots).

I see several more Bond movie viewings in our future over xmas break...

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

One of my greatest childhood memories was getting to watch Goldfinger with my family when I was roughly ten years old (~1973). Even Speed Racer no longer seemed cool after seeing that car with the ejector seat, machine guns and other goodies. The one scene that has stuck with me to this day was when Bond met Pussy Galore on the plane. I was too young to fully understand at the time, but my mother rolled her eyes and my father laughed until he was red in the face. I don't think I ever saw him laugh harder. In fact I don't think he stopped laughing for weeks and even after that he was on a hair trigger to LOL any time you mentioned her name for decades.
Not that I didn't enjoy the Ten Commandments, Wizard of Oz, Planet of the Apes and other movies we watched as a family, but the Connery Bond movies were always the highlight of the family movie calendar!

Wonderful story, John, thanks!

I expect they'll enjoy the subsequent movies even more, when we start getting into more of the gadgets (of which there were none in Dr. No) and more eccentric villains.

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

We didn’t have broadcast TV when I was growing up. We lived in a dead spot in the mountains. But we did have a VCR and TV to watch movies on. My dad was a huge James Bond fan and some of my favorite memories are when he would bring home a new James Bond VCR movie to watch. I bet we watched them all hundreds of times. Gold finger was a favorite and Thunderball, oh my. That underwater fight at the end was EPIC. Dad passed away this year the same day as the Queen. I bought an LE the day they announced the release. I am patiently waiting for my LE to come in so I can spend a little time with Dad this Christmas, even if it is in memories. Come on Stern, please call today.

Thanks for sharing. Sorry for your loss, fingers crossed for your call!

#693 1 year ago

Not sure if a bug or just freak occurrence but the game died on me about 3/4 of the way thru Prof Dent. Hit a shot and all lights went out save for a few inserts, and screen froze. Flippers were still active though til I locked it. Rebooted game, all was fine after.

20221223_172251 (resized).jpg20221223_172251 (resized).jpg
#699 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Was it downloading the new code at that time? Check the service menu.

No, I downloaded the new code last night. Speaking of which, anyone else's make that obnoxious record-scratch/squeal when it reboots during the code update? Scares the hell out of everyone lol

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Dont be! That's why you bought it.

Fair point! Ok I looked, it's currently at 258. That works out to 26 games per day so far! lol

#720 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

My counter is at 9 and I got mine the same day as you did! The game definitely shoots great but the software is too early for me to play it. I have plenty to keep me busy with Gz, Rush and DP all of which I'm nowhere near tired of. Not to mention a couple of Williams EMs that need to be worked and a lift kit and big wheels that need to be installed on my golf cart. I figure within another month or two Stern will get the go ahead to add the call outs, modes and movie cuts that are so obviously missing. This last software update made a pretty big difference in game rules and lighting, but seems to be lacking a lot of things that need to be approved by the IP holder.

Haha yeah my son plays A LOT, he really loves the game -- it's something new for him to dive into and learn everything. Of the 258, probably about 30 are me (when he asks me to play with him), a handful in there from other famlly/friends, and alllll the rest are him lol

#824 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

After 65 games on Bond Pro and a few on a prem, I've never hit all the Spectre targets at once... not even close

You're not alone here. With the 300+ games we have on ours, my son (the majority player, lol) and I agree that spotting the SPECTRE letters is the hardest thing to do. I'd estimate we've gotten the SPECTRE weapon mode activated less than 15 times.

I feel like Gomez & Co. may have felt the ball would bounce around the rocket a lot more, almost like it were a pop bumper, but it simply doesn't work that way. So yeah, even when I actively try to shoot for the rocket to collect those letters, it generally doesn't work out.

Quoted from chuckcasey:

Spectre Drop Targets. Anyone else getting BRICKS when hitting the Spectre drop targets? (targets don't drop when hit hard).

Mine do this too occasionally but my son hasn't stopped playing it long enough for me to look into it. I have several other game hardware tweaks/installs I want to accomplish this week on my other games so I'll plan to investigate this also.

#843 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Good and bad.
I noticed the plastics on the left side have a huge gap and the longer plastic is only anchored by two screws with the far portion of the plastic lifting up.
Anyone else have this problem?
I sent in a ticket to Stern, but could not attach pics to the ticket.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I've got this too; wondering if the hole locations were misdrilled, forcing it to be rotated slightly out of position. Considering elongating one of the holes to allow it to rotate back, but it's low priority for now.

#931 1 year ago

I was under the playfield this evening and this wiring caught my eye, it was pulled super taut, to the point that it was flexing the lug on the switch:

20221230_230357 (resized).jpg20221230_230357 (resized).jpg

In the bundle right above it, the wires in question had an extra loop wrapped & cinched in this zip tie. I carefully cut the zip and freed the loop, to relax the tension on the wires. Next time you're inside yours, you might want to evaluate and see if you have the same. It's not attached to anything that moves but still not ideal to have it stressed like that.

20221230_230411 (resized).jpg20221230_230411 (resized).jpg

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

With all the talk about orange t-molding, I'm running a set of orange buttons right now just to see how that looks too.

After getting an order for an orange start button, I remembered that I'd never posted the picture when I was experimenting with different colors earlier in the thread. Here's a a fluorescent orange with a warm white bulb, makes a pretty good match for the orange t-molding/speaker rings in the LE.

20230103_230816 (resized).jpg20230103_230816 (resized).jpg
#1039 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

That's sharp; I wasn't sold on the specter button but I think I may actually prefer it to the gun barrel. Both look good in orange on the LE though. Clear with an orange bulb, tried a bulb options. Comet fire bulb was actually pretty cool, but I still like orange best on the LE.
I'd be interested to see the specter version with "start" in orange. Was thinking about that next time I'm ordering.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Yeah, the SPECTRE design(s) were my personal preference, but several people had asked about the gun barrel design also -- so I'm happy to accommodate. I don't think I printed an orange set with START yet (I'll check), and if I haven't, I'll run a set tomorrow and will report back. If you like it better, you can exchange the one you have.

Also, on your coin buttons -- if you have some warm white frosted bulbs, put those behind your orange coin buttons instead of the cheap bulbs they included in there. Reference my updated installation video below -- it shows the difference a better bulb makes.

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I'd be interested to see the specter version with "start" in orange. Was thinking about that next time I'm ordering.

Hot off the printer, here ya go!

20230104_230157 (resized).jpg20230104_230157 (resized).jpg
#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

What does the toggle switch below the start button do?

Sorry I was offline for a bit (working on a different mod lol) ... the other folks are correct, that's a volume switch from PR Mods. Bought a couple on Black Friday, as I really liked the idea of not having to open the door to make volume adjustments. Installation was very easy, so I had my kids do one each (with supervision) for good tinkering practice. Definitely recommend! Great communication from @Skeets, simple instructions, and excellent price for a useful product.

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Only issue I noticed is that the apron decal is shifted or smudged. Anybody else notice this on theirs?

Crazy that was allowed to be installed -- it looks terrible and what good is a safety warning if you can't read it??

Don't sweat it though, get yourself one of these from Space Coast Pinball and just cover it up:

20230106_194033 (resized).jpg20230106_194033 (resized).jpg

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Vuk above the swimmers ... is very unpredictable, goes many different places.

I actually LIKE the unpredictability here -- plus the variability in ball behavior based on which drop targets are up or down. Adds more challenge, and keeps up one of the best things about pinball -- that no two games are ever the same!

That said, I do occasionally get a SDTM off the dragon tank target when ejected from that scoop. I'd like to so something in the code similar to the scoop on Rush, where if the ejects from the scoop, hits the target, and goes SDTM, you get a ball save. It should be based on a very short timer and contingent on no other switches being hit.

#1175 1 year ago

Ok holllllllld on a second here. I need some help from Bond fans.

Admittedly I haven't seen ALL of the Bond films. I'd seen a varied selection of the early ones and then all of them from Brosnan and on. Since we have the pin, my family and I just finished watching the six Connery films included in the game. And we're super confused.

YOLT and DAF were two of the ones I hadn't seen.

The character of Henderson appears in You Only Live Twice, as a retired agent. He's also later killed in the film.

Then, in Diamonds Are Forever, the same actor is now playing the role of Blofeld. ...but he's Blofeld, and never referred to as Henderson.

Based on his inclusion in the game -- even being identified as Henderson on the insert & mode -- I was expecting some sort of plot twist revealing he wasn't actually Blofeld, but Henderson taking up Blofeld's mantle, or something like that. But that never happened.

Did I miss something? Is there some reveal later? Is this technically an error, listing him as Henderson on the game? Help me out, hardcore Bond peeps. We're confused over here.

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I found an oddity on my Premium compared to earlier Pros. There is no mylar around the right inlane switch. If this was the solution to uppostgate then it works. My balls aren't hanging up after the post drops. However there's no protection from the ball drop which drops directly on top of the switch. I've seen routed games (not Bond, to new) splintering around the the switch. I'll install a Cliffy ASAP.

My LE is the same. I stole one of my protectors out of Rush (in a lane that didn't need it but I'd put there to match) and put it in Bond until I get another to replace it. A Cliffy or a NinjaCamp should get the job done, but at least some mylar would be better then nothing in the interim for folks.

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't want to get into selling these dragon tanks with the mounts. There's already lit Dragon Tank mods, etc coming out or already available.

Much appreciated. My Rocket City Pinball version is still in work -- tomorrow I'm finally receiving some parts I needed -- and will be configured and presented differently than the other lit version already available.

Nice job on the mount design!

#1293 1 year ago

Jetpack multiball folks -- he drops the ball when you hit the gate left of the tank (same shot where you lock balls). Its insert should be blinking orange (the color for jetpack multiball) to indicate that's your next shot.
Once you release the ball, then you have two ball multiball, hit all the orange shots. Once you've hit them all, then hit the left orbit shot one more time for super jackpot.

#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I know people selling the Dragon lit

Quoted from PinMonk:

More options are always better.

Since there's been a lot of Dragon talk over here, and I just made more progress on my version yesterday, here's a couple pics. I like vehicles to be on a scene (see my Red Barchetta mod) so I'm making my lit tank with some low-lying marshy brush to look similar to its terrain in the movie. Mouth lights up when the standup target is hit (when tank shoots flames on screen), and eyes are lit with GI.

I suppose I could probably make the scenery & tank available without the lights for those of you who don't want the tank lit.

More info and video over in the mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread/page/4#post-7339831

20230108_220458 (resized).jpg20230108_220458 (resized).jpg20230108_220508 (resized).jpg20230108_220508 (resized).jpg20230108_220511 (resized).jpg20230108_220511 (resized).jpg
#1774 1 year ago

Hey coders at Stern -- my 8-year-old who's currently obsessed with James Bond (pinball & movies) pointed out an error...

When you start Bird One multiball, it activates the blue Diamonds Are Forever insert. .... except, as my son pointed out, the Bird One plotline was in You Only Live Twice, not in DAF.

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Anyone else have balls kicking out of the db5 into the shooter lane and the out lane occasionally? Just started happening prob 100 plays in.

You may need to make adjustments to the habitrail above the car, simply by loosening the two nuts where it connects to the main habitrail. This may require some trial & error/ fine tuning though; check out my post / videos about this at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/9#post-7298758

#2134 1 year ago

Ok so what's up with the pop bumpers? As someone noted previously, on the LEs, the pop bumpers fire simultaneously, regardless which one is hit. Yet today I was on a location with both a Pro and a Premium ... the Premium played the same, naturally, with simultaneous pops -- but the Pro pops worked independently?

What's up with this? I didn't see a bracket joining them in the LE so is this something in the code? This has got to be fixed please, the independent Pro pops were so much lively...

#2136 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

That one looks gorgeous on the LE! Are you selling it as well?

Yes, the fluorescent orange is one of the options in the listing for SPECTRE start buttons here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07252-3d-start-button-james-bond-007-spectre-versions

#2137 1 year ago

Teaser post: my Dragon Tank scene mod is finally fit-checked and field tested. I have one simple minor change I plan to make for cosmetic improvement on the mount, but it's ready to go up for pre-order. I'll try to have it up in the shop later on tonight, along with the installation instruction video.

Screenshot_20230122_205528_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230122_205528_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2139 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I have had your stuff for several weeks in my cart now and I freaking can't decide on a color and design for my Premium.

If you don't like the color, you can exchange it (as long as it's not broken), just gotta cover the shipping.

#2147 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can't be "fixed" without a new node board. All out of drive transistors on the node boards for the Prem/LE, so they tied two pops to one transistor. Stern cheaping out rather than adding a sub-node board (not even a full node, a sub would do the trick) to expand the number of drive transistors available once they maxed out the existing boards.

But they set it up differently on the Pro? Weird, from a manufacturing standpoint.

Quoted from spidey:

Stern told us we wouldn't be able to tell the difference with simulpops vs independent pops. They wouldn't lie just to save a buck, right?!

Yeahhhhh... the "simulpops" (cool name) have irked me since day one; they're so slow and clunky. If it was the only game i had or ever got to play, maybe then it wouldn’t be noticeable ... but when I have other Sterns in my collection whose pops individually rapid fire (because the ball can actually hit their skirts), it's definitely a detriment IMO.

Count one in the 'plus' column for the Pro.

#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

That is incredibly awesome of you. I actually doubt I would dislike either one, they are all cool.
I think I've narrowed it down to white and yellow, i like the modern spectre design without letters personally the most, but using the old one and have start on it may be more appropriate... Decisions decisions.

That's why I made both designs available! I thought I'd be a stickler for the wrong-era-logo usage and put the older era version on my game ... but the more I thought about it, the less I liked the idea of the logos not matching. So even though it's the wrong era SPECTRE logo in the game, since it's all over the place, I used the same one for the start button on my personal machine, so they'd all match. To each their own! It's been a pretty interesting divide between those who have purchased it thus far.

#2156 1 year ago

Finally! Rocket City Pinball's interactive Dragon Tank scene is up for pre-order. (Pre-order is to manage demand and accommodate my day job & everyday-life schedules, so I appreciate everyone's patience. Those with Red Barchetta mods know it took a while to get all the orders filled, but they were worth the wait and so is this!)

TankBanner (resized).jpgTankBanner (resized).jpg

Video of it in action:

Couple more pics:

TankFromAbove (resized).jpgTankFromAbove (resized).jpg

TankSide1 (resized).jpgTankSide1 (resized).jpg

TankSide2 (resized).jpgTankSide2 (resized).jpg

TankSideLit (resized).jpgTankSideLit (resized).jpg

All the details are in the listing but here are the highlights:
- Since the dragon tank scene in the movie takes place in a marshy area, my tank mount includes ground covering & vegetation to better represent the film -- instead of just being a toy sitting atop a piece of artwork/plastic. It's amazing how much more realistic it looks in an actual scene!
- Installation kit includes replacement hardware to better blend into the scene (gold screws/washers in lieu of the OEM silver ones)
- The tank has tiny LEDs for the 'eyes' which are powered off the GI
- The tank's mouth has a light strip to represent the fire belched forth by its flamesthrowers. (Sorry I couldn't put real flamethrowers on it -- didn't want to ruin your machine!) The mouth lights up when the stand-up target is hit (which is also when it appears on the screen to shoot flames)!
- Installation kit includes two connector/splitter sets to access these power sources, and requires no electrical work aside from separating and snapping connectors together. No soldering is required, and it's 100% removable with no permanent modification to the game.

Sure takes a lot less time to install than it does to build it, that's for sure! Installation only takes six minutes -- DIY installation video:

Link to shop listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07752-interactive-dragon-tank-scene-for-james-bond-pro

Final notes: Now that I've put one in a game (and I'm my own worst critic), I've decided there's a small section on the mount that I'm going to remove from the design. I've included a photo in the listing to show what I mean, but it's a small section in the back behind the tank. Not really visible from the player's perspective anyway, but just for cleanliness I'm going to fix that for production units.

Also, big thanks and shout-out to The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo, Florida (inside the Oviedo Bowling Center). The owners, Kurt and Ed, are amazing humans and I'm glad to call them my friends. Kurt has a Premium and a Pro (the latter of which he's about to put on location elsewhere) and was kind enough to allow me to shoot my DIY video with it. Check them out if you're ever in the area -- they have TONS of games from different eras, always in top working condition, they host tournaments and events (just hosted the state championships this weekend, and my favorite event is always Flip-Out Friday), and they have great food and drink too!

#2257 1 year ago

Was nearby and my machine squelch-farted! New code baby!!!!

#2263 1 year ago

Grant henchman is Orient Express. Didn't get too far into it on my first try though because multiball canceled it...

#2268 1 year ago

Largo villain is the Disco Volante mode. Gotta say that might be my favorite so far, because it has the best "scene progression" experience. In hitting each shot and advancing the scene, Bond gets closer to sneaking aboard. This is a progression that "makes sense" -- each shot makes Bond "do something". In other words it doesn't feel like it's just showing the next part of a clip, you're actually part of the action!

#2275 1 year ago

Oooooh when you light SPECTRE weapon, now the insert light starts rotating through the weapons until you activate one, neato, I like that

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Largo villain is the Disco Volante mode. Gotta say that might be my favorite so far, because it has the best "scene progression" experience. In hitting each shot and advancing the scene, Bond gets closer to sneaking aboard. This is a progression that "makes sense" -- each shot makes Bond "do something". In other words it doesn't feel like it's just showing the next part of a clip, you're actually part of the action!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Almost like a pinball QTE.

You know, I think this helped it finally dawn on me what's missing here. The modes in most games -- dating back quite some time -- are usually about you "accomplishing" something. Each shot in a mode is a punch in a fight, or an item to collect, or something advancement toward a goal. In Bond, most of the modes feel like it's just "hit a shot to advance through this clip". Exceptions are Grant / Disco Volante, maybe Odd Job if you consider that a "fight", maybe Radioactive Reconnaissance or Q's ring by "scanning" things or trying the next slot machine. But most of them are just "advance the scene". Hit the next shot to hear the next thing Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd have to say...why? Hit the next shot to watch Rosa Klebb inspect her henchman...why?

Given all the licensor troubles, I have little hope these modes might ever change, but that would be my constructive feedback to the programmers -- make modes feel like you're accomplishing things.

Maybe there could've been a Thunderball underwater battle mode -- remember how many diver fights there were? You could have a mode where each shot is a successful kill/incapacitating of a villainous diver.

Ooh oooh that could be a future multiball mode. Starts by getting it in the Scuba scoop, then all shots turn turquoise and each time you hit one, there's another diver fight on the screen (there were certainly enough in the movie). Defeat them all for thunderball super jackpot.

There ya go Stern, that one's a freebie, on the house!

#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think people are confusing the rocket in Diamonds with the Bird One rocket from You Only Live Twice.

That may be because Bird One multiball incorrectly lights the Diamonds are Forever insert, but should light You Only Live Twice. This should also be corrected.

#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I thought the movie title inserts just got lit randomly at the start of each ball. I don't think they actually get activated by the modes that get started (though it seems like they should).
I would have thought that you'd "complete" a movie by playing it's villain, henchman, and woman modes (and maybe it's Q and Spectre weapon too), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I still haven't figured out how they work (or how they're supposed to work), but I do know my 8-year-old now-James-Bond-crazy son noticed the Bird One DAF/YOLT discrepancy, since we just watched the six movies. I posted about it (and the Mr Henderson confusion) several pages back, knowing Stern often watches these threads. Didn't get corrected in the latest release, maybe next time.

#2447 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

What model tank should I get for the pro? Is 1:43 scale right?

Quoted from PinMonk:

This one fits perfectly:
amazon.com link »

Or you could get fancy and go with this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07752-interactive-dragon-tank-scene-for-james-bond-pro

#2471 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Another user a little while back asked here or in the mod thread I think.
It had been many years since I'd seen YOLT so it took my son and I a few minutes too! I'm confident he and I aren't the only ones who a little slow to figure it out.

Took us until we watched YOLT to be clear too, don't feel bad.

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Looking forward to the jetpack mode where you can drop the ball on specific targets.

Targets, plural? There's only one target to drop it on, what am I not seeing?

#2775 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Depends on what you call a target but Gomez said even in the video from a couple months ago that there would be options or modes to control the release so you could drop it on the Bird One ramp, for example.

I wondered if he'd reach that far, that'd be a cool shortcut for a lock!

#2826 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Magnets....they pull my brain apart....

download (6) (resized).jpegdownload (6) (resized).jpeg
#2905 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Play better...This thing flows for days!

My absolute favorite flow combo I've managed to hit several times is:
1) center lane looping around behind the rocket (lock gate not open on prem/LE)
2) upper left flipper to woman loop
3) upper left flipper again to henchman ramp, which has its own mini loop around and down to right flipper.

(Green/pink/blue):

Screenshot_20230206_201626_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230206_201626_Chrome (resized).jpg

...my god it's a such thing of beauty when it happens, and it happens so fast and smooth!

#2909 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

That is spectacular when you get it, but at my skill level that's unfortunately once in a blue moon, if a nine tailed cat is sitting on the roof haha. The flow and combos are pretty awesome on this machine.

Yeah not implying it happens on the regular, especially with how fast is goes screaming through those loops, but I sometimes get lucky. Beautiful!

#2911 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

So hit all those shots and then go jet pack to villain!

#combogoals

#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

anyone else having problems with the aston martin vuk occasionally going to shooter and right outlane? Thanks in advance

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Turn up the eject power

It's not necessarily just eject power -- the position of the habitrail above the car may need to be adjusted. See my post here for more details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/9#post-7298758

#3038 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

That is the only good thing about that pop. If I am in the basement when it goes off it usually scares the shit out of me!

Squelch-fart!

#3059 1 year ago

Welp, found bug in new code already. Was in Prof Dent mode, activated Bird 1 multiball (successfully stacked), when Bird 1 was over, stayed in Dent mode.... but the Dent timer was stuck. Then I got the ball into the Scuba scoop and it never ejected, and ball search never activated. Couldn't even cancel out the game via flipper/start -- had to shut the machine down and reboot.

20230209_210008 (resized).jpg20230209_210008 (resized).jpg
#3060 1 year ago

Sadly, Trouble in Jamaica (Dr. No mode) is just another boring talky scene mode. My reward for hitting the next shot is to listen to Bond and Dr. No have a chat. While it's good dialogue, this isn't exciting in the context of the game. Ref my earlier post about why Largo, Odd Job, and Red Grant are better modes -- you're helping Bond "do" the next thing or advance through a fight.
(ICYMI https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/46#post-7369678)

A better option here for Dr. No could have been helping Bond sneak into the reactor room, turn the dial, fight off the guys, fight off Dr. No, and eventually get him down into the water. Would've been much more rewarding. <sigh>

#3082 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Yep, Prof. Dent stacked with Bird 1, game reset on me. Just another data point to report. Overall, I'm optimistic on where we're going here.

Quoted from Grantman:

Wow. Definitely report that! [email protected]

Quoted from nwstewart:

Ha

I had the same happen to me.

I submitted bug report, fyi. Also mentioned the Bird 1 = YOLT (not DAF) since that's still not corrected and my son would like to see that fixed, lol

#3178 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

“heya Mr Q, you having any luck?” “I’m being somewhat successful, thank you”

A compliment to the film: this is actually very clever dialogue ... he dodges her question about luck -- since he knows it's irrelevant -- and comments on the testing of his new device while still SOUNDING like he's answering her question.

Anyway, the suggestion above is great -- cut it after the 'successful' line, and drop in the 'unbelievable' later.

#3386 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I with they would remove the auto plunge on locks. GZ doesn't auto plunge on ball lock. Gives you a nice catch your breath or sip a beer moment before continuing.

Same with Rush. Even sets you up for another stab at the skill shot.

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I actually hope at some point they code the option to turn off the physical lock entirely and run it just like the pro. I genuinely dig the no-stop lock on the pro. There is a "virtual ball lock" setting, but it just makes it spit the ball out immediately after lock rather than stacking them up.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have a pro and would prefer the ball stopped for the locks, so you could watch the cool animations.

As with anything pinball, you'll probably find debate here too. Personally, I hate virtual locks -- pinball is a physical game, and when you lock a ball, you've altered the physical configuration of the game -- especially im games where locking a ball changes where the next one(s) can go!
You get that little dopamine hit from accomplishing a minor goal, because the ball stops and the game pauses. Then you get a momentary break in the action to take a breather, and sometimes even get a choice of where/how you launch the next ball! And the most rewarding -- seeing all those balls you locked get released, especially when it's done in creative fashion, or when they get released from various spots on the pf where they were locked. You get none of these things from virtual locks, save for a few modern examples where it "sets up" a multiball start (e.g. TMNT, GZ).

For Bond, I do find the little curly ramp and physical lock satisfying -- I get to watch it do something cool and I get to see it stored there. Then I get the fun of it dumping each one out when I start multiball!

Yes sir, physical locks all the way, for me.

#3427 1 year ago

Just a heads up, owners: I was under the playfield today and noticed a bunch of wire bundle/connector labels near the right side of the pf... the adhesive is failing on almost all of the stickers, so they're likely to fall off if you bump them (or maybe vibrate off on their own). I'd imagine most folks wouldn't have a need to disconnect any of these, but just in case, you've been warned....

20230219_123621 (resized).jpg20230219_123621 (resized).jpg

20230219_124230 (resized).jpg20230219_124230 (resized).jpg
#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from CMechanical:

Joined the Club Yesterday Time to start moding
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love that bowling lane cornhole board!!

#3440 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Put a set of the Wizard art blades in yesterday. I think they look great! They pick up on the playfield regions nicely. I really prefer mirrors in my GZ, but these look great in Bond.

That's a really great design, pulling in the themes from the nearby areas of the PF.

#3523 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just wired in a pedal for GZ and GnR. Not apologetic at all. Made the games more enjoyable.
Made instructions so anyone can do it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/action-button-foot-pedal-for-bksor-godzilla-etc

That's awesome, I love this idea... though taking a hand away from the flipper for risk/reward is part of the fun!

#3622 1 year ago

Armada of RCP Dragon Tanks shipping out tomorrow!

Screenshot_20230224_012210_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230224_012210_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any update on the version for pre/le?

I'm overdue to ping my friend at the machine shop, will hit him up today.

1 week later
#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow! I didn't think a Pro could look that good. Just the addition of the Pinstein translite and the powder coating makes a HUGE improvement. Great work.

That slick red Start button helps keep the color scheme going too

#4011 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Should be going into the pops all the time.

Ugh, I certainly hope not. (Mine goes off the tank target too most of the time.)

The pops are my absolute LEAST favorite part of the (Prem/LE) game, with their clunky simultaneous/dual-pop function. I cringe (and/or yawn) every time the ball goes in there--
clunk ...clunk...clunk clunk... clunk ...clunk

...instead of pop-poppop-pop-poppoppop that you get on the Pro (and practically every other game since 1960something) with independent bumpers.

#4023 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Watch video stream with Jack Danger and Gomez - the ball is going into the pops. That’s why I adjusted mine that way. It was hitting the target all the time and draining often enough where it was getting frustrating. I would rather randomize the henchmen, villains, and affect women and Q. Once I watched the stream, I made the adjustment.

If mine shot into the pops -- intentional or not -- I would absolutely readjust so they DIDN'T. The ball ends up in the scuba scoop a lot, and if it went into the pop every time it would slow the game down sooooo much, especially on the frustratingly clunky dual-firing Prem/LE pops.

#4219 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

First time owner here, wondering if this is something i should even be thinking about if mine is HUO? probably me just being new but i haven't heard of anyone replacing these before. Do you swap in ones like on pinball life? Product ID: 515-6308-01 Flipper Coil Stop For Stern/Sega

Quoted from SimplePin:

Don't bother swapping until you need to. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Just keep in mind you WILL need to. These pics are from 1200 plays on my Rush, which apparently is longer than most typically survive. One of my flippers started sticking so there was no waiting any longer. And yes, the ones you noted at Pinball Life are the replacements I used.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4419 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

This is a strange game to me. I love playing it (and I do not know why), but I am baffled by the video clip montages. Is it the point of the game to do special shots in order to watch a clip from the film? Some of the clips relate better than others. Some are really long and this creates a real start/stop gameplay.

This has been one of my beefs with this game for a while (ref https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/46#post-7369678 when I finally realized it and https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/62#post-7397857 for some additional thoughts)

... hitting a shot in a mode traditionally helps you progress through something, or collect something, or work toward something. In most modes here, hitting the next shot reveals the next bit of dialogue in a talky movie scene, whoopdeedoo. Disco Volante is my favorite mode right now because I at least feel like I'm "helping" Bond through the actions to blow it up. Red Grant and Odd Job sorta work, since you could consider each shot like delivering a blow in the fight (many games have fight modes). Most everything else is just stepping through a movie scene and not really "doing" anything. I hope these modes get overhauled eventually, though if the licensor issues are to be believed, I'm skeptical we'd be so lucky. Hope I'm proven wrong here.

#4490 1 year ago

Just saw the new Foo code email, knew there'd be pitchforks out over here...

#4535 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Pitchfork Thursday is on!! I’m not sure what i’ll do every Thursday once there is a point to playing Bond.
[quoted image]
Edit: To kick off this week’s Pitchfork Thursday, I propose this thread’s title be changed to “007 James Bond Owners Club- From Stern Without Code”

Oooh ooh this could be fun.

Dr. No Code
From Stern Without Code
Middlefinger
(Th)undercoded
You Never Code Twice
Diamonds Forever, Code Never

.....I'll see myself out

#4548 1 year ago

FWIW, I'm trying to stay optimistic here but I'm getting frustrated along with everyone else. I think code needs to be more polished before games leave the factory. We wouldn't stand for purchasing a car where some of the features were missing -- "no A/C for you until the next code release" ... "You can open your windows but that makes the radio turn off" ... etc.

My last NIB was Rush, and IIRC the modes were all there from day one, except for the three wizard modes -- no big deal, we all suck at a new game so we're not reaching the wizard modes yet, that's fine. The modes needed a little polishing and tweaking, but they were all there and we could (and did) provide constructive feedback to help improve it or correct errors noticed by fans. Participating in that process was actually really fun -- especially since some of my suggestions & corrections were heard and incorporated into the game -- very cool! I got to watch the game mature with each update. But the point is, from day one -- particularly for those early adopters buying the most expensive version -- it was still very much COMPLETE enough to be an enjoyable game right off the factory floor.

That's not the same experience we have here in the Bond club.

Whatever the reason for the delay, be it coders, be it licensor -- this game should not have been released so prematurely. I suppose it'd be ironic, if it's true the licensor wanted it out on time for the anniversary, yet was also too slow / nitpicky on content approval. Perhaps the appropriate approach would've been to release Elwin's for the anniversary, and hold the Gomez one back until the code was more mature, even if that meant leapfrogging Foo Fighters ahead of it. In that case you'd have legions of folks buying the newest game (FF), who then might step up and grab the next new game (Bond) -- you'd have happy FF customers who then could become happy Bond customers, and you'd have happy secondary market customers picking up FF from those selling their FF to get Bond. Instead, we have angry, spurned Bond customers watching joyous FF customers, with reduced secondary market capability for those wanting to unload Bond to get a more functional game.

<sigh>

I really like the shots and the game has huge potential. Folks putting up funds to get one right away just can't help but feel cheated that we have to wait so long for it to be fully functional -- especially with a zillion other games out there. We could've bought some other game(s) with that money in the meantime. The pitchforks are out because we're all feeling like a bunch of suckers.

<waves pitchfork sluggishly & unenthusiastically>

#4555 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Yeah yeah, but the good news is, Pitchfork Owner's Club is LIT!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4571 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

It’s not pitchfork Thursday until a car analogy is thrown in the mix!

lol sorry if that got used already...my pitchfork certainly has been

#4573 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Lol. I figured you’d respond. Didn’t expect man ass!

at least we've got SOMETHING fresh and new around here!

#4594 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. Because they were out of drive circuits, so they had to wire both to one. The pro doesn't have that problem, so independent pops.

I recognize this problem cannot be fixed by code, and that makes me a saaaaaad panda. I hope they listen to us and never make this mistake again. Simulpops look, sound, and play in such a primitive way. Someone mentioned a Gomez interview where he said we'd barely notice (or something to that extent). Well, we notice, and I cringe each time the ball goes in there, knowing we're stuck with this colossal cheap-out design decision forever.

Sing it with me: "Simulpops forever ...forever ...forever"

Let Pitchfork Friday begin!

#4689 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The maker of my toaster never shows up online and tells me “two weeks” and your toaster will start to work like it is supposed to. [quoted image]

Hey at least it wasn't a car analogy

#4744 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Comparing them to cars won’t help either.

Don't worry, we're not allowed to do that anymore in here. Only appliances.

#4803 1 year ago
Quoted from rickker:

Favorite combo: up the middle around the rocket > upper orbit > henchmen ramp > right orbit > villain ramp

Hey rickker how are you going henchman ramp > right orbit? Henchman ramp delivers to right inlane; are you ski-passing over to the left flipper?

#4813 1 year ago
Quoted from rickker:

I likely just made an error typing it out from memory. C'est la vie. [quoted image]

Haha that graphic was a little hard to follow but your description made sense once I realized you meant left orbit (jetpack shot) instead of right orbit. So it's the combo I mentioned here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/59#post-7392542) but with two extra shots on the end I haven't been able to add yet. Nice!

#4814 1 year ago

That is pretty awesome! I have not done all those combo's together.
This just reminded me of something. Sometimes when it says two more ramps for Jetpack multiball. I get the multiball on the next one. I just blow it off as bad code. but has anyone else noticed this?

IIRC one of the high stakes awards might advance or light jetpack multiball, maybe that happened?

#4905 1 year ago

Loganpinball I applaud you for the creativity, I don't really understand why anyone gets bent out of shape (pun intended) about you making custom habitrails, that's really cool. What's their beef? Changing the designer's intent? Whatever. Keep doing what you're doing man, if people want it, they can buy it. If they don't, they won't. Every mod has its haters. Some people hate my start buttons because they can see 3D print layer lines when they look at it from two inches away. But you know what? A lot of people love my buttons too.

Everyone has their preferences, and if it's something people want, they'll buy it. Give THOSE people your attention, not the haters.

#4981 1 year ago

Ya know, early on the game had some kind of disclaimer banner, like "content pending licensor approval" .... maybe they should just start releasing the code like that. I'd much rather have a (more) complete game with a disclaimer banner splashed on it, than have to keep waving pitchforks...

#5060 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think rocket city may do something similar for a fraction of the cost.

That's the plan, contingent on my buddy at the machine shop.

#5066 1 year ago

Flash71 Jamesays seriously

6eb9e15bc43ddc12eedf09a2f36d5d1e--affleck-batman-ben-affleck (resized).jpg6eb9e15bc43ddc12eedf09a2f36d5d1e--affleck-batman-ben-affleck (resized).jpg
#5112 1 year ago
Quoted from rickker:

Hearing Pierce Brosnan's voice start it off though was again, jarring.

It's part of the Moby song, not an added soundbite.

Just got to B...JB, that was enjoyable, the shaker going in unison with the spinner was a fun effect. Nice to have something new, though still a long, long way to go.

#5119 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

I like to say it out loud as she's saying it. It makes it funny instead of annoying.

We do the same, trying to sound loud and obnoxious, "well HIYA MISTER Q!!! Are you HAVING any LUCK?!"

#5121 1 year ago

A few more notes before I call it a night --

1) got far enough into jetpack multiball (5 shots then hit the jetpack ramp) where he moves around enough to make it a challenge to hit the tank. Missed, but that was cool.

2) got to the B...JB again, did well, then moved on with the game. Could've sworn I'd then gotten everything I needed to get it a second time around in the same game but it didn't happen. See how you guys do, maybe I was just missing one of the four elements, or maybe you only get it once?

3) Keep an eye on your ball count. I swear this last game gave me at least two extra balls I hadn't earned. I even walked away after what I thought was finally ball 3 and out came another. No idea if I can re-create it so just watch carefully just in case. Ended up being a top 5 score but not sure I want to document it on my scoreboard.

4) not related to code, but fun stuck balls I got -- coil search shook em loose right after I snapped the pic:
20230322_235956 (resized).jpg20230322_235956 (resized).jpg

#5156 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I only got one game in this morning but was surprised when I started Jet Pack Multiball... So it wasn't a fluke? One orbit shot to start a multiball? I thought Deadpool's multiball was easy...

I'm wondering if that's temporary, just to up the fun factor for potential customers at TPF and elsewhere. Make it easy to showcase something cool, to draw your attention away from everything that's still missing.

#5158 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Also, this is no longer a period correct Bond theme. Kinda wierd having Pierce saying Bond James Bond on a Sean Connery themed game.

As mentioned earlier, that's not a soundbite they added on -- it's integrated into / part of the Moby song.

#5244 1 year ago

Wait, were some of you saying you can control Bond on a Wand during the jetpack multiball? I got 5 jackpots and loaded him all but he just moved from home to habitrail, back and forth slowly, waiting for me to shoot the tank target to drop the ball. I had no control over him with the flippers nor action button. Please clarify?

#5249 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

You had the first super jackpot qualified. You have to hit the tank while the ball is above the target on top of the tank to hit that switch and collect the super jackpot. During super jackpot 1, bond moves automatically.
If you collect super jackpot 1 then you get an add a ball and maybe another ball save. Hit 5 more jackpots, load the jetpack again, and THEN you can control the jetpack with the flippers.

Ohhhhh cool ok, so going for super jackpot #2 gives you control. Cool! Will have to keep trying...after TPF

#5253 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

So is everyone else able to pick up the ball with the Bond on a wand magnet.Mine used to briefly but not lately.

Yes, he should pick it up and carry over the tank when you start jetpack multiball, and should also pick it up and carry it when you've qualified super jackpots during jetpack mb.

#5256 1 year ago

Mine has always picked it up from day one. Not code problem.

#5479 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else think it would be nice to be able to bypass the pops on plunge by holding left flipper to open the gate?
Can ply into strategy

I want to be able to bypass the pops just because I hate them. Simulpops (Prem/LE only) are the worst.

But I'm beating a dead horse, since that can't be fixed.

#5495 1 year ago
Quoted from azcraigfamily:

Maybe I’m not understanding your question so bear with me here. You CAN do exactly that. Hold left flipper, 3/4-ish plunge and ball will go all the way around, let it double dead flip into Aston Martin scoop for secret skill shot. Be sure to let go of flipper button once ball passes the upper gate.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

It would be nice to do this during game play, not just on initial plunge.

Yeah I've been aware of the ability to do it (though the original person who asked may not have been), but right now it's only allowed once per ball. (If you don't do it on initial plunge then you can do it on a post-ball-lock plunge.) It'd great be great to have the ability to do it on EVERY ball launch regardless of whether you used it already durung the current ball.

#5508 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Well I didn't know I could save it for later. Not sure why I would ever do that though.

For me it's more for "oops I forgot, I'll get it after a lock" lol

#5543 1 year ago

I guess they had her take those two steps to the slammer

1 week later
#5859 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadlyVermin:

Had my LE since .87 - the high score initial screen has always sounded like it had some Goldfinger instrumental music in it- at least I thought so.

Agreed, I always thought this too ... it's like a 'clunky' version of the music that would lead into "...Gollllldfiiiingahh!" So that's not new.

#5860 1 year ago
Quoted from S_Parker:

Has anyone noticed... if you play Lago mode and the last ball drains and the mode is over YOLT lights up, not Thunderball.

Yeah there are other issues like this in here too -- Bird 1 Multiball lights DAF but that's from YOLT. Mentioned this many, many pages ago, hope they'll correct this someday to make my son happy lol

#5891 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

with the new JetPack multiball where you have to load the flying Bond and hit the tank target timed perfectly to drop the ball on the tank, I'm finding I'm getting hosed by the left scoop eject. It fires right into the tank and makes him drop the ball and you have to start over. I actually like the scoop hitting the tank, but I either just live with this challenge or tweak the scoop to divert it more to the right.

This happened to me too; it'd be nice if there were logic in place to not trigger the drop if the ball was just launched from the scoop. It's hard enough to try to get the ball to settle do you can take a timed, aimed shot. If it ends up in the scoop (which hits the tank) then you don't even get a chance.

(All I can hear is Steve Ritchie, "play better!")

1 week later
#6354 1 year ago

Sounds like it's time to dust off the ol' pitchforks!

#6362 1 year ago

I’m not pitchforking just wondering if we are getting an update this week. I believe tomorrow will be two weeks from last release? I’m happy with the last update. The wishlist I have is just what I am hoping for in the next release.
However, if I was an operator, I would be pretty upset with this machine. Stern released this machine, pros first for operators and shipped out a box of lights. Not really making their stern army happy I’d bet with this particular release.
Just my opinion

A lot of LE owners aren't exactly happy either. One of the perks of purchasing an LE is getting it early -- but it's not much of a perk if the game isn't even close to completion.

Anyway let's be careful, we're about to trigger another downward spiral of pitchforking...

#6622 1 year ago

Yay, new code .... boo, new code items are terrible to get to.

I played about 8 games earlier, never once got to Little Nellie because, like many others here, my rocket doesn't trip the sensors without a perfectly direct hit. (This has been obvious to me since I hit the crap out of once super jackpot is lit during Bird 1, and only rarely get the award.) Looking forward to hearing if there's a fix for this besides the junkyard route described a few posts back.

Took me all of those games to get to Atache, and I hated every minute of it because I wasn't playing the game-- just chopping wood at one specific shot, which is also terribly risky because mine often rolls SDTM outta there if it doesn't make it up to the pops.

Fortunately once I finally got it lit and activated, I focused extra hard to try to beat it -- mostly because I didn't want to have to qualify it again -- and was successful. Hunted by Helicopter was fun while it lasted but that wasn't very long for me.

So yeah, six shots up the orbit is way too many, and I'd never actively seek out this mode. I like the suggestion earlier to make your Q gadget selectable, or maybe it ties to the gadget from the last movie villain/henchman you fought, but however it is, don't make us chop so much wood to get there, that was just awful. I feel like this update didn't move the needle much because we'll never get to play these modes in a normal game with the current settings.

#6639 1 year ago

I had a thought just now, with the discussion of maybe making the Q gadget selectable -- it'd be cool if, once you completed a Q gadget, it gives you some sort of bonus or power up when fighting a henchman or villain from that particular movie. In other words, let's say I complete Atache Case, now I need fewer shots (or get more points) when I fight against Red Grant, since it was used against him in the film.

There'd be a little stretch for some (e.g., Q's ring never gets used on anything in DAF other than slot machines) but I think this would help a little bit with theme cohesion.

#6662 1 year ago

I hate to say it, but it's very telling how the community feels about this game, considering Project Pinball -- the wonderful charity placing pinball machines in children's hospitals -- can't sell out of the raffle tickets for a Bond LE. Everyone is so displeased with this game they don't even want to support a charity for children for a chance to win one.

On the contrary, recent raffles for FF and Scooby Doo literally sold out in minutes. Looks like there was one for a Bond Premium back in September, I don't recall how that one went but obviously that was before it became known what a mess it's been.

Do it for the kids, folks.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/james-bond-007-limited-edition-pinballmachineraffle/Campaign/Details

#6832 12 months ago

Agreed with the others that your shavings appear to be coming from the up-post -- look how off-center it is, through that hole:

It looks like it's positioned too far forward (toward the player) so it's shaving itself on the edge of the hole in the metal each time it goes up. You'll have to check how it's installed and see if there's play in its positioning (e.g., loosening screws / repositioning / retightening screws), etc.

#6883 12 months ago

Went to put a quick game on Bond just now. I had the PF up earlier, and during a game I spotted this:

20230430_212210 (resized).jpg20230430_212210 (resized).jpg

It's a dremel sanding disc. I've never had a dremel anywhere near this game. I wonder what they were dremelling in the factory...

1 week later
#7143 11 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

And now to the Airing of Grievances...

Festivus-Memes-1024x655 (resized).jpegFestivus-Memes-1024x655 (resized).jpeg
#7176 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

- Added a Tank Target background lamp effect to strobe the Tank Target when the next target.
Does this mean if you have a tank mod that you won’t be able to see it since the mod will be on top of the light?

Guess that depends how you did it. Rocket City Pinball's version of the mod intentionally keeps that light exposed, open through the scenery mount.
Screenshot_20230511_202121_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230511_202121_Chrome (resized).jpg

#7185 11 months ago

Praise for the new code: I love the idea of Q walking us through each feature on the DB5 and Power Pack. Very cool idea, clever use of requiring multiple shots.

Constructive criticism of the new code (and some of the exisitng ones): OMG the cut scenes are SOOOO LONNNG. These completely halt the game for WAY too long. The intro to the Power Pack mode was particularly heinous. Let's pare these down to just several seconds, for example maybe to just the moments when Q is saying what we just collected. Or, overlay that portion of the audio over him pointing it out or demonstrating.

I know I can just bypass it, but I WANT to see SOMETHING as my reward for hitting the shot. But I also want to play pinball.
(And so will everyone else waiting for their turn.)

I love what the team has done here, we just need the cut scenes trimmed down a bit. Thanks JB crew, keep it up!

#7201 11 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

They could award you a weapon/gadget if you complete the Q mode (using the action button) that would help you in the villain/henchmen modes.

I'd love to see something like this -- if you complete the Q gadget associated with a particular film, then if helps you complete the villain & henchman from that film.

Same could be applied with the Bond women. Personally, I'm not a fan of overall PF multipliers (it really skewed the scoring on GoT for example); if that weren't the plan, then it'd be cool if the women worked as a multiplier for the modes associated with their movie.

For example:
- If you acquire the DB5 via Q branch, you need less hits (worth more points to compensate for the shots you don't need) to complete Odd Job and Goldfinger modes.
- If you acquire Pussy Galore, and now the Odd Job and Goldfinger modes (and end-of-ball Goldfinger bonus -- anyone figure out how that works yet?) are all multiplied.

Setting it up like this could really make for some interesting strategic play.

#7339 11 months ago

Proposals on Skill Shots: There are SO many different skill shots, which is wonderful. With this many options, the opportunity is there for some great gameplay ideas, outlined below.

1) Allow us to shoot for skill shots after (physically) locking a ball, instead of the auto-plunge into the pops. As an example, Rush does this -- if you lock a ball (or sneak it under the right flipper into the shooter lane), the Skill Shots relight and you have a chance to plunge & flip for them, and it's a great perk.
Heck, several other games come to mind dating back to at least System 11A, that give you a post-lock skill shot opportunity -- Pinbot (11A), Taxi & Earthshaker (11B), Bride of Pinbot (WPC) all come to mind. (Obviously this feature wouldn't work on the 007 Pro, since you'd need the physical lock & dispensing of another ball -- but I guess that makes it a perk in the Prem vs. Pro debate.)

2) Deactivate any skill shot you've already achieved. Since there are so many different skill shots, this forces you to "get good" and try for the others instead of exploiting the same shot over and over (if you've found one you're good at).

3) Skill Shot multiball and/or wizard mode and/or huge bonus if you collect them all. If Proposal #1 is incorporated, this could give you enough opportunities. Could call it 'Sharpshooter Multiball' or 'Sniper Multiball' -- maybe open with video of Jill Masterson trying to snipe Goldfinger on the cliff road.

#7341 11 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Less keen on the idea of deactivating one's already achieved although obviously most people would/do go for the skill shots below the upper 3 lanes...at least i do

I've gotten really good at getting the skill shot in the Q branch, since I don't even have to flip -- on my machine, a well timed nudge and it bounces off both flippers and right up in there. Therefore it's easy points, no real reason for me to try any other shot. BUT, take that shot away from me after I get it once, and now I HAVE to try for other ones.

This would also work well for tournament play too, forcing players to step up their game.

#7376 11 months ago

let's now turn to the value of the LE over the premium:
1. Glass translite upgrade (maybe $200 cost to Stern over regular translite?)
2. Powder coating of otherwise stock armor (about $250)
3. Upgraded sound system (maybe $200 over standard speakers)
4. signatures of designer (Oh, whoop-de-freekin'-do, that's worth <$5 of GG's time)

You forgot the anti-glare playfield glass, shaker motor, and art blades. And signed CoA, lol

#7401 11 months ago
Quoted from curban:

Got a pro at home; seldomly have a bad game. Did all right on the premium in the Pinfest tourney (#10).
…then put up a whopping 16M game last night in league!
I love pinball.

lol, I feel this pain ... I was in a fair strikes tournament last weekend, had to play Rush, which I own and am very good at.... and picked up two strikes with a whopping score of only 4M. Adding insult to injury, the first place score was only 18M! I'm still licking my wounds of that embarrassment ... but hey that's pinball!

#7474 11 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Wife played JB last night and loved the game. No comments what so ever about the "Bond Women"

My daughter had some friends over yesterday for a tournament -- it was GREAT to see more kids enjoying pinball, a few of which had never played until now. Anyway, obviously most of them were unfamiliar with the Bond theme. It was highly amusing when one of the girls was looking over the Bond game, and then I saw her go wide-eyed when she noticed Pussy Galore. She then discreetly was calling the other kids over, "LOOK at her NAME!!" -- not in an offended sort of way, but in an in-on-a-dirty-joke kinda way, lol. They're at the age when those are the kind of jokes being slung about at school, so everyone had a good laugh.

#7538 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

you just love the random craziness of the pops

....except for the lack thereof from the prem/LE's simul-pops .... clunk clunk clunk, up the M lane, clunk clunk M lane again, clunk clunk clunk roll out of exit

...but I digress

#7558 11 months ago

A couple quick topics:

BOND WOMEN / EXTRA BALL:
I'm noticing hitting the Bond girls shot appears to be lighting extra ball now. Is that happening to anyone? Started a game, and going for the skill shot I hit the woman loop, and suddenly extra ball was lit. In the following game, had the first ball out and about for a little bit and then hit the woman loop, and extra ball lit again that time too.

Q GADGETS:
I had my highest game yet on the latest code (646M), and even managed to get to both Power Pack multiball and DB5 multiball. Also got RadRecon and Q's Ring. (Didn't get Atache Case this time, and STILL haven't seen Little Nellie a SINGLE time since it was added, lol) ...Anyway, after collecting so many Q gadgets, I'm starting to wish they'd put another row of inserts/lights under the Q gadgets too. If acquiring them ever has "value" where we'll want to know what we have, it's really going to be frustrating. I might need to make another 'tracker' like I did for Rush multiballs (ref https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/251#post-7412693 )

This game is becoming a lot of fun; looking forward to more completeness & cohesion.

#7624 11 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

So we’re doing bbq analogies now? Sweet.

Do we need to swap out our pitchforks?

Screenshot_20230525_092541_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230525_092541_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8088 10 months ago

Not sure if anyone else noticed it yet or if I'm just annoyed due to my interest in details... but Stern made a silly decision and only half-lit the PF multiplier insert. Watch it flash next time you play, you'll see what I mean.

Screenshot_20230610_023630_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230610_023630_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20230610_024000_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230610_024000_Gallery (resized).jpg

I played around with some ideas to correct this, check out my thread over here and lmk if you want me to make this available.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/007-pf-multiplier-light-corrector-mod

#8098 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

There was a problem with that on Rush that could be fixed by putting a thin strip of felt padding along the top of the curve where the switch is. It doesn't allow the ball to ride up and forces it down onto the switch.

Yeah this solution (combined with an MRS) worked on my Rush so I might try the felt. I also have a local friend with a laser cutter so might call on him for a lane cover, which a lot of other folks has success with on Rush also.

I'll keep you guys posted on the light mod once finalized; details along the way will go in that dedicated thread I linked above. Tournament today so won't be able to work it til tomorrow.

#8131 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I just switched out the Red springs for the block targets with the blue springs that Stern sent me and holy crap what a difference.
It’s a must upgrade in my opinion. I used to nail the drop targets pretty hard and they wouldn’t budge half the time, now they go down properly every time.
You can tell the very obvious difference in tension by pulling the red and blues separately, I don’t think you will get the same effect by shortening the red.
Call Stern and get them or buy them at the link below asap. The stock are 265-5003-02 but you want 265-5003-03’s
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/265-5003-03
[quoted image]

WTF ... I wonder if Marco saw a rush on this item is trying to capitalize? I just pulled up that link and they were $0.99 apiece. And I'm 99% sure that's what they were, because I remember thinking, meh, $3 in parts, shipping's going to cost more than the parts do! I mulled it over for a minute and then added 3 to my cart, and suddenly the price had gone up to $6.99 apiece!!!

The other springs remain at $0.99. Not cool.

#8139 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What’s the premium vs pro debate looking like these days?

It's always going to be gray, and it will always vary from game to game. So it's more about what YOU like/don't like.

But, since you asked, here's my personal take:

I don't like virtual ball locks so the rocket wireform & lock area is important to me.

Bond on a Wand has become interesting (and challenging) so I feel like that'd be missing if I played on a Pro. I don't know how Jetpack Multiball plays on a Pro, but there are so many different multiball modes now -- so having the B.o.a.W. differentiates Jetpack Multiball from all thr others. Having to get the ball up to B.o.a.W. every 5th shot, then having to take action with timing and/or positioning to hit the tank, makes it feel like its own little minigame.

I don't even pay much attention to Scuba Bond anymore, I know he's there and he's fun to look at, but I'm generally more focused on my next objective.

#8156 10 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Back to the spring topic, I'm about to order mine from PinballLife because my targets are bricking hard. .59 cents each. And of course, I might as well get some other stuff while I'm there to the justify the shipping cost. [quoted image]

Per Rhart's post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/163#post-7620314), the -03 springs are the fix. You're showing the -00.

After Marco jacked up the price on the -03, I requested them from Stern instead. They Cc'd my distributor and asked they submit the order on my behalf.

#8198 10 months ago

I was too caught up in excitement for the new code to mention -- I'm having jetpack up-post timing problems now. Never had any timing problems before, but ever since getting the latest code, the timing on the up-post for Jetpack has been too slow. I think a few others have mentioned Jetpack problems since the latest code too.

Sometimes it doesn't pop up in time when shooting the left orbit to start Jetpack multiball. In this case, the ball continues down the habitrail to the flipper. The game still spits a ball into the shooter lane and I still have to go through the motion of hitting the gate, while BoaW floats around with no payload.

Once I've hit my five jackpots and need to feed it back to BoaW for the tank shot, the up-post misses it almost every time now.

My success rate was 100% prior to the code update and I haven't noticed any related hardware issues ... I'll take a closer look at the switches/optos/hardware but may end up submitting a bug report.

#8229 10 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

He has a point. Q modes are dead ends right now. You can't stack a multiball with them. You can't stack a villain/spectreweapon/henchman mode with them. You can't even qualify the other modes. Any you don't earn anything to aid your progress by crushing them either. It wont stay like this of course but if it did it'd be a terrible shame.

lol I ran into this last night too ... was trying to progress to BJB mode. I had already done jetpack & henchman done ... I had two balls locked for Bird One only needed one more Villain shot -- aaaaaaaaaaand dammit Q!

#8254 10 months ago

Yeah....PF multipliers blow this game wide open.

20230615_232047 (resized).jpg20230615_232047 (resized).jpg

Personally I've never been a fan of PF multipliers, because it can skew the scoring by insane margins. You can successfully work your way through a lot of a game and rack up a ton of well earned points... and yet it can't even come close to a successful short run with a high multiplier. Game of Thrones had this same issue.

This game saw a 5x multiplier Bird One stacked on a villain, during which I got through a few super jackpot cycles. Later on Ball 3 I noted that I spent some time chopping away at Q's Power Pack, and earned about 22 million ... which increased my total score by less than 1%.

I'm not saying I'm not having fun, though,
because I am ...

#8256 10 months ago

007 Multiplier Corrector Mod is ready for preorders (to help determine the preferred colors)

Details in thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/007-pf-multiplier-light-corrector-mod

Shop listing at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08777-multiplier-light-corrector-mod-james-bond-007

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpg
#8284 10 months ago

BTW I got the blue springs from Stern (coordinated by distributor) and the drops work 100%, no bricks anymore.

#8304 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Has anybody got all the skill shots in a single game? Does it do anything special if you do?

This was something I proposed to George Gomez. If we were given more opportunities to shoot for them -- for example, after locking a ball, or on the post-BJB launch, it might be possible to eventually collect them all in one game. Then if you do, get a 'sharpshooter multiball' or jackpot or something.

I also suggested each one turns off after you've collected it, forcing you to have to try for a different one the next time (instead of continuing to exploit one that might be easier).

#8319 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

My memory might be bad but I can’t remember another mode behaving like this in a game, it’s the opposite of fun to watch.

This flipper freeze also happens on the wizard modes on Rush, but it doesn't release the locked balls. I don't understand the point of dumping the locked balls on Bond -- the game knows they're there, and they had nothing to do with the BJB mode. I too would like to see this corrected.

I don't mind the flipper freeze feature -- you're in a timed 2-ball mode that's meant to end and get back down to one ball, so it makes sense. Also gives your a quick breather after frantically trying to hit the shots before the time runs out!

#8356 10 months ago

Alright guys, I used my lunch break today to test the felt strip fix on the Woman Loop, and it appears to have 100%* fixed it for me. I put an asterisk there because there were two questionable instances, but read on for details.

Note: I'm one of the folks who had success with the felt fix on Rush, though that was also after adding a Magnetic Reed Switch first. On Rush, the MRS improved it but didn't solve it completely, so I added the felt and then it went to 100%.

For Bond, I cleaned the metal wall with IPA and then added an approx 2" strip of narrow furniture felt along the top edge as shown:

20230620_142521 (resized).jpg20230620_142521 (resized).jpg

20230620_134511 (resized).jpg20230620_134511 (resized).jpg

20230620_142846 (resized).jpg20230620_142846 (resized).jpg

(Looks like I let the end under the ramp slip down a little during installation, but read on, as it still worked.)

This is not visible from the player's perspective unless you're specifically looking through the clear ramp top and between a gap:

Screenshot_20230620_141952_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230620_141952_Gallery (resized).jpg

After installing it I played two games, during which I hit the Woman Loop a total of 26 times. Of these, 24 registered perfectly. There were two that were questionable but I believe it was only delayed response due to other active animations. E.g., one time there were animations going and then a second or two later the Extra Ball Lit animation came on, which I believe had been triggered by the latest Woman Loop hit. The other time was when I'd started BJB wizard mode and hit the shot while the opening animation was still going I think.

Your results may vary, but it's definitely worth a try, as it's nearly if not 100% working for me now, where it was more like ~65% with no correction.

#8368 10 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I have seen this on 5 different bond machines. That post is wobbly. Doesn't matter where you line it up. It doesn't go exactly straight up and down. It's like the coil sleeve is too big around or this post is too small. Possible that the hole in the metal is too small. It is annoying but I haven't spent much time on it. Too minor of an issue in my opinion. I might look at other games with up posts and see what's different. I'll report back if I find anything interesting. My guess is no other game has sharp metal around an up post.

Yeah mine's been doing this too. Seemed perfect in the beginning but lately it's been off ... I stuck a q-tip in along side it, and noted it is easily pushed around.

#8381 10 months ago

I've been meaning to ask for a long time ... anyone know what triggers the Bird One multiball extension? Seems completely random when it happens, haven't been able to identify what does it. If I knew, I might try to set it up ahead of time to keep it alive!

#8404 10 months ago

Hopefully the correctness and performance updates will fix the timing on the jetpack post! Downloading now....

#8417 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hopefully the correctness and performance updates will fix the timing on the jetpack post! Downloading now....

Ugh, jetpack pin timing is still jacked up.

#8431 10 months ago

Sooooooo close you guys, had 5 villains and 5 Q modes (sure wish there were lights for those, I gotta print my little tracker thing)... contemplated just cradling it til til time ran out on the 5th villain, but stupidly didn't listen. Played the mode and ended up losing the last ball. Turned into my 2nd best game so far -- yet not even half of my highest due to insane multipliers on my 2.5B game.
20230622_225242 (resized).jpg20230622_225242 (resized).jpg20230622_225431 (resized).jpg20230622_225431 (resized).jpg

On that note, I've STILL never seen Little Nellie, nor have I been able to get Kissy lit except maybe once. Are these both in the SPECTRE targets? Must be, because I'm rarely in there.

#8449 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

They're all visible on the playfield below the Q light, but unfortunately don't light up like the Villains, Henchmen, SPECTRE weapons.

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm starting to wish they'd put another row of inserts/lights under the Q gadgets too. If acquiring them ever has "value" where we'll want to know what we have, it's really going to be frustrating. I might need to make another 'tracker' like I did for Rush multiballs

So now that it's relevant, I'll drop this in here for those who might want this freebie. For those unfamiliar with Rush, there are six particular multiball modes that, once you achieve them all, trigger one of the wizard modes. However, like our Q gadgets, there are no lights on the PF to track your progress. (Eventally they added them to the info screens you can access while you cradle.) So I grabbed a webcam cover model and converted it into this cool little six-window Multiball Tracker, that I put on a magnet and placed on the lockdown bar -- so we can use this design to make a similar Q Mode Tracker l

pinside.8966544ba480d28e68032e05908737f34afd4eca (resized).jpgpinside.8966544ba480d28e68032e05908737f34afd4eca (resized).jpg

pinside.5e7aebd2d98d0d9673f7cb6384d2fd43a8583c21 (resized).jpgpinside.5e7aebd2d98d0d9673f7cb6384d2fd43a8583c21 (resized).jpg

As I play each multiball, I flip the little window closed so that at a quick glance I know which ones remain and can adjust my play strategy accordingly.

I've posted this on Thingiverse as a freebie (not for resale). Print and assemble your own!
1) 3D print the housing and six tabs in the color(s) of your choice
2) Print the icon strip -- someone needs to make one with the Bond Q gadgets -- on regular paper; image should be sized to 4.062" in length. Here is the Rush icon strip for sizing purposes if someone wants to make the Q gadget one:

pinside.2920e9fab421dc33383500d38b9e6131dae2a214 (resized).jpgpinside.2920e9fab421dc33383500d38b9e6131dae2a214 (resized).jpg

3) Glue/adhere the icon strip to a piece of magnet sheet -- the type with an adhesive upper surface will work best!
4) Glue the housing to the magnet/icon sheet combo, using super glue along the edges and the 'beams' between the windows
5) Insert the tabs oriented so the raised piece can be 'dragged' open or closed!

Link to STL files on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5861773

If anyone makes an icon strip, post it here. I'll make one eventually but I've got too much else to do in the meantime -- particularly assembly of the Multiplier Light Correctors!

#8457 10 months ago

I’m noticing the Bond women lighting up a lot now. It seems like their lights go dark when you push the button for 007 scoring. Am I right?
I’ve also seen the 7X Scoring light up a few times. When it does the lock bar button doesn’t necessarily light up. Is that a glitch? Anyone know the logic/rules behind 7X?

- As you collect the applicable shots for the Bond women, when you've qualified them, their light will blink.
- When you hit the woman loop when a light is blinking, it will go solid and the action button lights up -- this means multiplier is now available for use. Only one light will go solid per loop, if you have more than one woman blinking.
- The more women whose lights you get to solid, the higher your multiplier when you activate it. (e.g., 1 woman = 2x, 2 women = 3x ... all 6 women = 7x)
- Also, the higher the multiplier, the longer it is active! 2x = 20s, 3x = 30s ... 7x = 70s
- Any available multiplier (i.e., woman light is solid and action button is lit) is lost when you lose your ball. (e.g., you "risk" the multiplier by waiting to activate it -- as you might try getting higher multiplier set up and/or start a mode first before activating)
- After you use the multiplier, the lights for the women whose multiplier you used will go out, and you need to hit their qualifying shots again to re-light them.

#8468 10 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Some info from the stream on future code updates (stream will be on Youtube later)
- Three more mini wizards and main wizard mode still to come.
- Spectre weapons will have perks. Ones mentioned were add a ball on demand once per ball, as well as more time in modes.
- Mystery awards will be improved, more variety and more relevant to what you are doing in the game at that time.
- Focus is on getting all modes in, then doing polish passes.
- The u-turn shot (when ball goes up henchmen/villain and back down the other ramp) will do something in future updates.

These sound great. The other code polish / improvements they need to work in:

- ***Fix the timing on the jetpack ramp pin.*** There's no reason that shouldn't INSTANTLY instantly pop up when you hit the left orbit switch. It's too slow ever since 0.92, and it misses the ball 90% of the time.
- Fix the "Jetpack Ready" animation when you hit the scuba scoop, when it's NOT actually ready. This is only ready on the FIRST scuba scoop of the game. After you play jetpack multiball the first time, you have to start building it up again, which takes several shots. The scuba scoop keeps showing the "jetpack ready" video / announcement on the screen yet it still needs a few more scoop shots before it's ACTUALLY ready.
- Make more skill shot attempts available by NOT auto-launching after ball locks. Allow the player to launch for another skill shot instead, including after BJB wizard mode (and any future added mode that forces ball drains when complete).
- Make the skill shots shut off as you collect them, to force you to collect the others -- with (hopefully) some cool bonus / wizard mode / multiball if you collect them all.
- I also like the option suggested above to have the option to 'pass' on Q modes, or work in some way that it doesn't bring the whole game to halt.

#8490 10 months ago

Wholllllle bunch of Multiplier Light Correctors shipping out Monday!

20230624_114228 (resized).jpg20230624_114228 (resized).jpg
#8492 10 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

What’s a light corrector mod do?

Fixes a Stern design flaw. They only put a single light over on one side of the 007 Multiplier insert (because a node board covers the other half), so it only half lights up:

pinside.7cb2c7feec6e3bd4fea0c0ca083e31769a72d411 (resized).jpgpinside.7cb2c7feec6e3bd4fea0c0ca083e31769a72d411 (resized).jpg

My Multiplier Light Corrector includes a mount with better lighting that fully lights the insert, and also fancies it up -- my preferred type is Blue Fire so it sparkles to go with the Diamonds Are Forever theme. Can also do single solid colors.

Demo, though I haven’t captured a single video that actually does it justice:

Plug & play and 100% reversible (not that you'd want to) with custom matrix-to-molex connector that I include.

Available in my shop at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08777-multiplier-light-mod-james-bond-007

#8494 10 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Mike V said on the stream that this is coming in a future update

Awesome!!! Thanks, I didn't have a chance to watch the stream.

#8522 10 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

4. So you obviously agree with me, that by putting the logo on it, you made it look official, to the point where you had to put a disclaimer on it that it was not official. Why not just leave the logo off and remove the confusion?
You'd have to be pretty naive in not seeing how your graphic could be easily misconstrued as something official from Stern, regardless of your "unofficial" and "speculative" text disclaimers around it. Taken as a whole, by itself, the graphic is incredibly misleading.
The whole point of companies using their own logos on their own stuff is to show who it came from. It is part of their brand recognition. You purposefully made something using and misrepresenting their brand with information you made up. Is it a big deal in the scheme of things? No, it's just pinball after all. Is it kinda bizarre? Yeah.

I'm sure Stern will be thrilled when they start getting frustrated emails when the dates & updates don't align with what's on "their" update map.

NGL, at first glance I thought it was official too. Ballsy, I thought, for them to publish something like that...

#8537 10 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

The second issue was the DB5 eject. It was ejecting a ball into the drain so I adjusted the wire form. The only issue is it will sometimes rattle the ball ejecting when the shaker motor is firing at the same time. I was wondering if anyone started making a mod that would hang down and guide the ball back onto the main wire form? I was going to ask a friend to fabricate something but wanted to make sure nobody else was selling a mod first.!

If you have it adjusted properly that shouldn't be an issue. Once I got mine adjusted right, I've NEVER had a SINGLE time the ball ejected anywhere but into the habitrail, regardless of shaker motor, slap saves, earthquakes (ok i haven't had any of those), etc.

Reference my post about it here -- take some slow-mo videos of your setup to help you iron out the adjustment until it's just right.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/9#post-7298758

#8548 10 months ago

A few more code cleanup items needed:

1) Bond woman loop insert is white during BJB Wizard Mode, should be turquoise like all the others. Thought maybe it wasn't a color-changing LED, but it DOES light up turquoise during the BJB mode intro ... it just changes to white for the actual mode play. Doesn't make sense.

2) If you start a multiplier late in BJB Wizard Mode, it gets killed when BJB ends. Found this out when I'd started a multiplier right before time ran out (trying to capitalize on the final shot or two), so it was only active for about five seconds ... then BJB ends, regular play resumes -- but Multiplier is no longer active.

#8551 10 months ago
Quoted from scottgreenmagic:

My guess is the loop shot is white because it's worth 2X and qualifies another shot. (You can beat the mode without hitting that loop shot at all; you can also beat it hitting ONLY that loop shot and then the final side ramp super jackpot). Works different than the other shots, so it's a different color.

Ohhhh ok I hadn't picked up on that. Interesting, thanks for the clarification!

#8556 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Is it just me or does it seem like the ball does a lot of time bouncing around doing nothing but running clock? There's been times I've had modes nearly expire before I can even get the ball to a flipper to direct it. It's like it goes off the kickers hits a few posts, back off the kickers, into the left eject, up into the bumpers down to the flippers for a desperate save, back off the kickers...rinse and repeat and the clock keeps running while it's floating around doing nothing. Maybe I need to change the power settings on my kickers.

That's the beauty of this layout, if you just flail around you won't accomplish much. You need to get the ball under control -- give it some timed nudges to disrupt the chaos, try a dead bounce, etc. -- then ski pass or trap up, and take a planned, aimed shot. Now you're back in control.

#8568 10 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

So is the idea here that the ball needs to slow down a bit, otherwise the switch doesn't get depressed for long enough?

(This question is regarding the furniture felt in the Woman Loop.) Not necessarily to slow it down -- it's not a length-of-time issue; rather, it's a not-fully-depressed issue. The curve is tight and not far from the flipper, so when the ball goes screaming around that curve, it gets a little airborne and doesn't push the switch down far enough to close it. So in other words, yeah you hit the loop, but it didn't register because the ball literally flew over the switch. The purpose of the furniture felt is to help push the ball back down to playfield level so it rolls over the switch as intended -- that's why the felt is placed high on the wall of the curve. (Some folks have reported turning down upper flipper power has helped; in that case, yes, the ball is moving slower and so it doesn't get as airborne.)

I played several games over the last few days and confirmed the felt is definitely NOT 100% effective; I clearly had two loops that didn't register. But that's two out of probably 100 hits or more. So 98% now vs. ~65% before, is a vast improvement. Obviously the goal is 100% so I may still pursue a complementary fix.

As previously discussed, other potential solutions (like some of us used on Rush) included a Magnetic Reed Switch, or MRS, which is an aftermarket switch that uses an internal magnet to close the switch ... so this way, if the ball is still a little airborne it can still register. Send PM to Sonic to purchase. (On my Rush, the felt + MRS works 100%.) The other fix which seemed to work for a lot of folks was an aftermarket 'lane cover', basically a thin clear plastic (similar to the one atop the villain/henchman ramp) that makes the lane more like a 'tunnel', so the ball HAS to roll over the switch.

In the meantime, the felt is a cheap & easy option which had huge improvement over stock performance for me. Hope that helps!

#8570 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've been thinking about doing my premium rails (bought some lollipop one's) the hinges and the lock down bar in a gold colour. Either powder coated or plated.

oh wait, wrong character/franchise .... sorta

#8650 10 months ago

So did we ever ascertain whether it was code that jacked up the timing on the jetpack pin back at 0.92 release? Up til that point my pin was 100% perfect -- hit left orbit rollover switch, pin instantly rises. Ever since 0.92 dropped, the pin is totally whack and 9 times out of 10 has a long delay before it pops up, by which time the ball is long past it and riding down the habitrail. I've also had several instances where the pin pops up as the ball is right over it, which launches the ball into the glass and all over the place. I've looked at my switch and the pin's coil and see no obvious issues. Was this happening for anyone/everyone else too?

#8654 10 months ago

Isn’t the easy fix here to just have the pin rise as soon as jet pack is ready while the ball is in the left scoop? Is there any circumstance in which the pin would not trap the ball while Jetpack is ready?

This wouldn't work for the current hardware setup, you'd be leaving a coil locked on for an undetermined length of time. You'd either need a locking plate with a separate pull-in relay (like the older games with big pop-up posts in between the flippers), or a dual-circuit setup with low voltage hold like the flippers have.

I honestly don't understand why it's an issue at all. If jetpack is ready, then the coil should be instantly triggered by a closure of the left orbit switch. There should be no delay whatsoever. It should stay up for, what, 1-2 seconds? Then if the opto at Jetpack Bond doesn't see a ball, then drop the pin back down and await the next left orbit switch hit.

#8659 10 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I installed 2 of Rocket City Pinball's mods today, the "007" Flasher mod and the "Spectre Ramp" Lamp Flasher mod. Both were fairly simple to install (Andy provides great YouTube video 'how to' guides) and they really add to the game's cosmetics. I chose the 'blue diamond' color for the 007 mod and yellow for the Spectre ramp mod and I think both colors worked out great.

Thanks for the great feedback, Mike, I'm happy you're happy! Good suggestion on the habitrail, hopefully others will read that and take that into consideration when working on the ramp mod.

#8667 9 months ago

I took a long lunch today and I believe I have the jetpack pin/timing issues figured out. My son is play-testing it this afternoon (it's been 100% successful so far); I'll post up our findings later tonight. Stay tuned!

#8673 9 months ago

Jetpack Pin Alignment Corrector by Rocket City PinballJetpack Pin Alignment Corrector by Rocket City Pinball

Attention Bond owners! Here's the Jetpack pin delay fix I alluded to earlier -- a new "must-have" mod, in the literal sense. Without it, your game may be at risk of eventually having the same jetpack gameplay failures that several of us have been experiencing lately.

Those reading along in this thread have seen posts with pictures of white shavings in the right orbit. This was determined to be caused by the jetpack pin rubbing against the edge of the metal as it rises up through the ramp. I've been having this problem too. One example:

This pin is very long and has no significant lateral support aside from the coil sleeve (seriously, it come through the bottom of the PF and is just floating there with the tip sitting somewhere in the hole) and has a LOT of slop in where it comes to rest, so without better alignment, these shavings will continue to occur. I set out to improve the pin alignment to prevent recurrence of the shavings.

Those reading along in this thread have also seen posts (like mine) mentioning recent timing issues with the jetpack pin. Since the drop of 0.92 code, the timing of the pin seemed to be way off -- a long delay was allowing the ball to pass the pin before it popped up, causing frustration and difficulty with Jetpack Multiball. The onset of problems right after the code drop made folks (myself included) blame the code, particularly since there was no reason this function should have changed. Not everyone seemed to have this problem, though, which was an indicator that it might just be coincidence, not code. I struggled to believe this, since my pin was 100% before 0.92 but about 15% afterward.

I'm happy to admit I was wrong (lay it on me CrazyLevi , lol), as I've confirmed through the development & installation of this mod. Read on.

RebelGuitars and I had a conversation where he wondered if the pin dragging on the metal edge would be enough to cause the timing issues. Personally, I doubted it -- the coil should be strong enough to push on through (hence the shavings) -- but since I was already working on the alignment corrector I was curious to see if it might help after all.

When I removed the coil & inspected my pin more closely, the conical surface (which helps align/guide the pin up through the hole) was actually in much worse shape than I expected. There were jagged and rough edges all around the conical surface. It seemed RebelGuitars may be right -- while the intent of the conical shape is to guide it up into the hole, these rough surfaces may indeed have been 'catching' or dragging on the edge of the hole enough to cause the delay.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Sure enough, after installing my alignment corrector, the delay problem disappeared. Initial glass-off testing and in-game tests demonstrated instantaneous pin deployment 100% of the time with no delay -- the left orbit switch immediately triggers the pin as it always had before! My son continued play-testing the game all afternoon and the success rate remained 100%.

And so I present the Jetpack Pin Alignment Corrector! I believe every Bond game will probably need this eventually -- because as designed, there is just too much free play in the pin due to its length and lack of support; therefore, over time, every game is likely to suffer pin shaving. Once your pin has sustained enough damage to the conical surface, it can start catching/dragging which may delay the pin deployment timing and thereby mess up Jetpack Multiball. This is particularly critical on the Premium/LE, since the ball needs to be caught there for Bond on a Wand to pick it up -- during Super Jackpot attempts, if the ball doesn't stop there, you get robbed of the attempt and you're forced to try to shoot the left orbit again.

The Jetpack Pin Alignment Corrector mounts at an OEM screw location on the outside of the ramp. It is 3D printed in yellow (to match the color scheme of the Dr. No area in that corner) and includes a gold screw, washer, and lock washer (which replaces the original). It provides lateral support for the jetpack pin and prevents shaving/damage to the pin surface and ensures immediate deployment (instead of dragging along the metal). Installation is very easy and should only take 10-15 minutes. The only tools you'll need are a 1/4" nut driver, phillips-head screwdriver, and a ~24" prop (e.g., 2x4) or an assistant to lift back end of playfield clear of side rails.

Here's the video explaining what's already here in this post but also demonstrating the installation process:

I've been wondering, it'd be interesting data -- those of us who've been having pin damage & delay problems, how many games do you have on your Bond? I have more on mine than I realized -- 990, thought I was only in the 250-300 range -- I guess my son has been playing a LOT this summer while I've been at work, lol.

Anyway, here's the link to the Jetpack Pin Alignment Corrector in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08874-jetpack-pin-alignment-corrector-james-bond-007

(While you're at it, bundle up with my other mods like the 007 Multiplier Light Corrector -- another Rocket City Pinball innovation correcting a Stern design flaw -- and save on shipping! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08777-multiplier-light-corrector-mod-james-bond-007 )

#8680 9 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

just checked and adjusted the bond jetpack up post.

What adjustment did you make? There is nothing to adjust. There's a coil with a plunger with a long pin/post on it, that sloppily sits with its tip in the ramp hole.

(That whole sentence sounded really wrong.)

The point is, there's nothing else attached to / supporting it. That's why the Alignment Corrector is needed, reference a few posts up this page.

#8683 9 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Totally agree, the support is needed, just trying to trouble shoot my particular issue. It will also stop the plastic shavings

Ah thanks, I thought you meant physical adjustment. Let us know if you have any success with the power setting adjustment.

#8685 9 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Note, still getting the white plastic shavings on the playfield.
SkyKing, Does Rocket City have any other mods planned, would rather wait and order together to save on postage?

The Alignment Corrector will definitely help you with that!

No, nothing else in the works at the moment. I had two other long-term mod ideas but those haven't panned out yet, haven't had the time and/or outside support that I needed. So you're safe to order a batch of stuff now.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/by-game/3057-james-bond-007-pro

#8691 9 months ago

Like many, I've been having trouble with my rocket not registering -- I've NEVER lit Little Nellie, and I've only once or twice gotten Kissy multiplier lit over the course of a long game. It takes a hard, perfectly direct hit to trigger it and collect super jackpot during Bird One.

I checked it out in switch test mode, and it only triggered at the extreme back and extreme forward positions.

Today I visited John at Space Coast Pinball (to deliver & install the Multiplier Light Corrector and Jetpack Pin Alignment Corrector). I brought my rocket with me to try out his fix -- the large heat shrink that he mentioned several pages back.

20230701_190724 (resized).jpg20230701_190724 (resized).jpg

I'm happy to report it now triggers MUCH more easily, without having to be at the extreme ends. It registers 2-4 times on a solid, direct hit, so it might be a smidge too easy, but I'll take that over almost-never-registering. It does NOT register when I nudge/shake the game (tilt warnings trigger first) so I'm probably not too far off from the intended configuration.

#8695 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

If you want to fine tune it, just use electrical tape about 3/4 of the way down. Couple wraps at a time until it feels right to you.

Thanks, will consider this after I give it a few more games to see if I think it's too sensitive. I did just blow up the game, so....

#8696 9 months ago

Now that my rocket is registering and I got Kissy to light, I was able to finally get a 7x multiplier going! I was right near completing Power Pack when I got activated it, so went into Power Pack multiball with it -- and I was getting jackpots as high as 280M EACH!!! Holy moly, best game yet.

20230701_213327 (resized).jpg20230701_213327 (resized).jpg
#8705 9 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Apologies i can't find the original fix post. So what is the fix for the rocket exactly?

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Could you please tell me where to get that big heat shrink

So this is the heat shrink John and I both used: https://www.amazon.com/inch-Waterproof-Shrinkable-Insulation-Wear-Resistant/dp/B07VSYB41Y -- the 2" diameter. After using it, his seems about perfect, but I feel like mine registers a wee bit too easily. (Mine registers multiple hits with solid contact, so it only takes me 3 or 4 shots to it to light the Kissy multiplier and Little Nellie.) There are some variables though between setups, though:

- He has the Mezel Mods rocket, while mine is OEM, so there may be a slight mass difference and/or slight diameter difference between them, either of which could affect how easily it trips the optos
- Flipper power can certainly be a variable, though ours are set the same
- Playfield angle could play a role as well, in the momentum required to move the rocket and/or the ball speed on contact
- Accuracy/sensitivity of it right out of the box, which has also seemed to vary.

As an alternative to the heat shrink, others have suggested just wrapping it with electrical tape until it's just right for your game. This should certainly work too, my only concern here is how electrical tape gets kinda gunky over time, though I'm told Scotch Super 33 Plus is probably the best/neatest.

For anyone trying to make these adjustments, you need to remove the rocket from the game, but it's actually really easy to do. There's a bolt going up into it from below the playfield, just put a 3/8" socket/wrench on it, and the rocket simply 'unscrews'.

So in summary, unfortunately this seems to need to be an adjustment each owner might need to make on their own based on their current setup. I wish I knew what the exact intended sensitivity is supposed to be. I'm considering pinging Gomez to see if he can shed any light on his intent.

#8709 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Also, it's worth noting that the lower rubber rings significantly reduce the travel of the rocket. I removed the lower two from mine to give it more action

I wondered about this too, since it looked like the rings made contact. I might try that next.

#8712 9 months ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

Wasn't able to find a fix when searching for issue of Jetpack bond on a wand not moving back and forth when jetpack multiball is earned. He moves properly in the test but during gameplay when he picks up the ball he just moves over to the tank and jiggles left and right about an inch, then after dropping returns most of the way back. So it doesn't seem mechanical it's only in game.

That's what he's supposed to do at the start of jetpack multiball. While he's just "jiggling" left and right, hit the gate next to the tank to make him drop it and proceed into multiball mode. Then after you hit 5 jackpots, send it up to him again. This time, he'll move all the way back and forth slowly and you have to time your shot to the tank to make him drop it. This is "out of control" jackpot. Five more playfield jackpots and send it up there again, and this time you control him -- hold left flipper to move left, right flipper to move right, then hit the tank to drop it. This is "in control" jackpot.

#8725 9 months ago
Quoted from scottgreenmagic:

Okay. I'll admit I thought this was photoshopped when I first saw it. There's just no way.
But then I did it too. 7X, Dr. No. The dragon target seems to award the accumulated points or something? And at 7X each time, it gets exponentially large.
Someone's gonna have to fix this, I think? Or else the new and only strategy is going to be Dr. No at 7X.
{ETA: 3 ball game, factory settings, etc}
[quoted image]

This happened to a pinball colleague of mine, he posted it on FB the other day, had 7x going and got 38B on one shot. He wasn't sure what had happened, but what you described is my theory too -- some sort of accumulated points rewarded all at once, then blown up by the multiplier.

Have I mentioned I'm not a fan of PF multipliers, for exactly this sort of reason? lol ... I had similar issues on my Game of Thrones -- I put up some massive scores by having multipliers during a long multiball with several super jackpots. A year later, I finally "beat" the game (made it all the way past Iron Throne) and my score wasn't even half of the others.

#8736 9 months ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

New pinsider and recent Bond owner. I don't think you have a magnet issue as I think a few others have seen this issue. I've always seen the ball get stuck at Bond's feet in one specific circumstance, when the tank target it his prior to Bond taking the ball away from the rail. The tank target is supposed to be used to let Bond know to drop the ball but it seems if it get hit at any point prior to him taking it away from the rail (including before he even picks it up!), he'll just drop it and stay where he is. This is especially annoying since getting the other ball in the left eject almost guarantees its going to hit the tank.

This is only true during the jetpack "out of control" and "in control" super jackpot attempts. When you first START the multiball, he brings it over and hovers ("jiggles" as was previously described) over the tank -- but the trigger to drop it is the gate next to the tank, not the tank target itself. Tank target is only for super jackpots.

#8786 9 months ago
Quoted from JFresh389:

I don’t get this impression at all. Look at the playfield. “Dr. No” is written in the pops area. Pops area is yellow. All Dr. No modes are set based in yellow. Pop bumper hits qualify Dr. No’s Q branch mode (Radioactive Reconnaissance)
“From Russia With Love” adorns the right orbit. Color is red. Right orbit shots qualify attaché case.
“Goldfinger”-kind of in a weird spot, but space is at a premium by the DB5. Same thing though, qualifies DB5 Q branch.
Thunderball scenes/diver scoop- qualifies power pack.
You Only Live Twice- physical rocket, little Nellie on back artwork. Rocket hits qualify little Nellie Q branch.
Diamonds are forever- somewhat weak theming in my opinion, but some small artwork under the spinner and a diamond on the spinner itself. Spins qualify Q’s ring Q branch.
Highly unlikely it wasn’t planned that way.

In addition, these same shots / areas also qualify the specific Woman (multiplier) associated with each movie. I've recently realized I kinda like each movie having a shot/area, so if I have a specific mode or multiplier I want to qualify, I know where to go.

Obviously, it helps to be familiar with each movie and its characters & gadgets -- I'm glad we went and watched them when we got the game.

#8800 9 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

This game and Godzilla are really screaming for a way to show us multiple advancements at once. It’s kinda agrivating, honestly.
Like, I shoot a shot into the thunder ball scoop. I get the following screens:
1. Jetpack is ready
2. Mystery Award
3. 2 more shots to light power pack
4. Extra Ball
5. Power points
6. Advancement of whatever mode I’m in
Like, 1 or 2 screens is plenty, but 5 or 6? That’s just way too much.
Why can’t Stern setup a system that shows multiple things awarding at once? I really wish it was an option. I get it for newbies, but it just makes this game a terrible slog if you have more than 2 things qualified at that damn scoop.

Yeah I feel bad when friends/family play who don't know you can flip-both to skip each screen... they're trapped there forever waiting for all the animations to go by. This is especially rough for players who are too afraid to look away from the playfield, so they just end up stuck there staring at the scoop waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

#8932 9 months ago

Another potentially helpful idea for those needing Rocket adjustments.

Summary for those unfamiliar: some of us - myself included - have been having trouble with the rocket hits not registering. There's no real adjustment in the opto positioning, so my rocket was only registering with the rocket pushed alllllll the way back, or alllllll the way forward -- which was hard to achieve in gameplay, only a perfectly direct solid hit would register. Since you need to hit this repeatedly to qualify Kissy multiplier and Little Nellie multiball -- and I'd only gotten Kissy once and NEVER saw Little Nellie, this clearly was a problem.

First I tried the 2" diameter heat shrink suggested by John at Space Coast Pinball. This worked -- but TOO well, the rocket was registering multiple times per hit, making it WAY too easy. I started a game yesterday, and with one solid hit to the rocket, it registered enough times to qualify Kissy. Too easy.

So next I cut the heat shrink off and decided to remove the lower two rubber rings. This would give it more freedom to sway when hit, instead of the rubber contacting the edge of the opening sooner. This worked really well -- it wasn't quite as sensitive as the heat shrink. Trouble was, the rocket itself could now contact the edge, so I was worried about wear to the rocket and/or edge over time.

Some folks have reported success with electrical tape, so that's certainly still an option, but I had an idea last night while I had those two rubber rings off.
The rubbers on the rocket appear to be 1-1/2" ... so if I put a 1" rubber on there, it would need to stretch further and would thereby result in a narrower cross-section of the rubber and thereby a narrower overall rocket diameter. And so I put 1" rubbers on the bottom two grooves of the rocket, and I think it's just about perfect now. It registers a single hit each time, doesn't register 'freebies' if it's just lightly tapped, and certainly doesn't register many multiple hits as it bounces back and forth.

I think I might still ping Gomez to see if he intended to at least get double-hits (back AND forward), because if not then why bother with the second opto?

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there as another solution.

#8934 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just kept playing the game without doing anything and now my rocket hits much more often.
I think these games just need to be broken in. Same with the drop targets.
I didn't do anything but play it and it's not an issue.

That's certainly a possibility, but my game had almost 1000 plays on it and I wasn't seeing any improvement in rocket function.

#8942 9 months ago

Re: Rocket sensitivity, I got this response from Gomez:

Screenshot_20230708_183236_Lite (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230708_183236_Lite (resized).jpg

I asked for clarification -- namely, how this adjustment is made -- here is his response:

Screenshot_20230708_184757_Lite (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230708_184757_Lite (resized).jpg

So aside from fine tuning the optos it sounds like the tightness of the bolt may matter too. I just ran mine from both extremes (snug vs gorilla-tight like how it was when I first took it off), and one spot in between , and didn't notice much difference. Guess it's on to fine tuning the optos (though it was noted previously there's not much play here since they peep through tiny holes), or electrical tape.

#8943 9 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Guess it's on to fine tuning the optos

Went to tweak the optos and found one of them wasn't snug in place -- because the screw had been overtorqued at the factory and stripped the opto mounting insert. Guess I'll be getting that replaced...

20230708_191747 (resized).jpg20230708_191747 (resized).jpg
#8944 9 months ago

A little more from Gomez and a great CAD model to illustrate. I thanked him for being so accessible and willing to help.

He's confident my issue is that stripped insert, so I'll get a new one and go from there.

Screenshot_20230708_194548_Lite (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230708_194548_Lite (resized).jpg
1688859804010 (resized).jpg1688859804010 (resized).jpg

#8947 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Oh, that would be rich...heh. Can't imagine though. The issue is mainly the travel of the base, and I can't see how you change that from the stock assembly period.

Yeah I took some testing with the bolt super snug, barely snug, and medium snug and there wasn't any real discernible difference.

Quoted from Ollulanus:

That's cool...but how the heck would you adjust it?

Yeah I'm not sold that's going to fix the problem, but it's at least a variable that can be eliminated. Interestingly, while I had that one stripped screw out, I played around with angle of the opto, and it made a SIGNIFICANT difference how soon it was tripped, but it was way out of alignment with the screw hole. So I'll get the new part but I'll probably still end up with electrical tape layered on the fwd side, lol. The back side seems to be right where I need it, with those 1" rubbers on the bottom two grooves, it's just the forward side I need to tweak.

#8950 9 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

From what I can glean from this, the rocket should be only registering from direct hits from the the front or straight from the back, but did he intend one register per hit or multiple registers from one direct hit?
It’s hard to tell because Gomez really didn’t address what you had asked about what he intended it to be.

You're correct, unfortunately, that he didn't answer my question about intent. The only real insight there was that you don't want it registering when you nudge/shake the machine.

I can't imagine he'd want it to register 4-5 times per hit. What's the count to light Kissy or Little Nellie? We should compare this to the other women / gadgets. If it's on the order of the pop bumpers or spinner, then maybe you want the rocket pretty "trippy". If it's more like the one-shot-at-a-time (scoops, orbit) then maybe it's only meant to register once or twice tops with each hit.

#8975 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I don’t actually miss the shitty mode and obnoxious dialogue

Hiya Mr Q, are you having any luck?

#9001 9 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:if any of you are having problems with the damn ball jumping over the left scoop all the time, this is my ultra cheap, ultra stylish solution. Literally saves a ball almost every time I play.
[quoted image]

Hey KingVidiot you could get creative with that wall-o-rubbers -- get one of the moon buggies and cut it in half, stick the cut face against the 'wall' and it'll look like Bond crashing through it just like in DAF!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9002 9 months ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Andy, Your 1 inch rubber swap solution fixed my Mezelmod rocket. It functions much better now.
Also, your Rocket City multiplier light and jetpack post mods work great. . .highly recommend. My jetpack post was working fine; however, slight post shavings were accumulating. . .not anymore.[quoted image]

Awesome! So glad I was able to help.

Quoted from MadMagic7:

After this, yes it's annoying that there is no longer a counter so I can't give exact numbers.

Agreed, this would be helpful to have status on the screen. AIQ has this, showing how many more shots you need to collect each Avenger, e.g., x spins for Hulk, x shots for Black Widow, x bumpers for Captain America, etc.

#9080 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn't mind an "add time" high stakes award; it seems like every other game has more time as a mystery award, so it could be helpful.

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

In multiball I miss add a ball, isn’t there any ?

Both of these would be great additions to High Stakes. Though with the current Q-Blocking (unable to proceed with villains/henchmen/MBs til it's over), this might be a hindrance, though getting more time to finish and get the Q multiball could still be a benefit.

Add a ball would be great, on Rush the mystery award is always add a ball when you get it the first time during a multiball. Nice way to strategize and/or try to extend the MB.

#9150 9 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is it normal that the q brands mode inserts not lit with 0.94?

They've never lit up with ANY code, because they can't -- there are no inserts/lights for them. Here's a free tool you can use to help you track them (if you have access to a 3D printer): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/169#post-7636920

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is there a reason why the ball ends in the pop bumpers from the shooter lane (I mean not the first time) didn’t make sense for me

You have to hold the left flipper button to access the skill shots. Otherwise the ball will drop into the pops. Right now, you can only access the skill shots once per ball (e.g., if you lock a ball, the replacement can't be used for a skill shot) but this is supposedly going to change. Some multiball modes will launch balls all the way around also.

1 week later
#9317 9 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Thanks for your solution. I did install the Rocket City Mod but maybe I need to adjust the post coil mount as you suggest. I will give that a try.

You folks are the only two who have reported this issue so it's likely indeed just some fine tuning needed, either on your coil or on the alignment mod. Remember you need to adjust their positioning so there is zero resistance on the pin, it should just float up and down if you cycle it manually. If it binds or drags at all it could be creating enough stiffness to bounce that ball back.

Worst case scenario, if you still can't fine tune it adequately, you can take out the alignment tool and ream the hole slightly to make it a little larger. That will allow a little more play into the pin position but should still be enough to prevent it from shaving.

#9322 9 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Speaking of the next code drop, I really hope they put the Q Gadget status indicators on the LCD screen like the tasks in AIQ or the power ups in IMDN. Does anyone know if this is in the plan? I unknowingly hit Ahoy the other night after completing all 6 Q's. I had no idea I was even close and although it was a pleasant surprise, it'd be nice to know how close I was to make a strategic decision on what to work on next. Or at the very least, build the anticipation as you get closer to completing all of them.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All of this stuff simply needs to be added to instant info, which currently contains zero info besides how many Bird one locks you have.
They'll get around to it.

In the meantime you can make one of my trackers if you want. Even though they added the instant info on Rush, I still use my tracker anyway so I don't need to trap up to check my status. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/169#post-7636920 for details.

#9345 9 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Has anyone had their pop bumpers going off even though a ball isn’t near it?

Quoted from Rhart51:

Hmm, I hope it’s not a code thing. It probably isn’t, but I wanted to see of anyone else had the same problem.

Beware the wrath of CrazyLevi!

Like paul_8788 said, it's more than likely just an improperly-gapped switch; some vibration in the game may be triggering it. You definitely want pops gapped tight, but obviously not so tight that they go off when something else shakes them.

#9359 9 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I think there is a sticky post on this thread about putting a strip of furniture felt in the inner side of the loop to keep the ball down. I ended up using something similar in the same spot (a strip of black foam cut at an angle to 'guide' the ball down to the switch). That, along with bending the arc of the actual metal switch itself has corrected the issue enough for me to not worry about it anymore. It seems to register the hit almost all of the time now by YMMV.
EDIT: I just checked and there is no sticky, but hopefully someone will chime in with the post #.
I've also seen someone put a piece of the spare sling plastic over the switch to force the ball down. If that idea works, I'm surprised that a modder hasn't jumped all over that idea.

Here's my post about the felt, with pics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/168#post-7632399

Having had it in there for a while now, I can say it's It's still not 100% with the felt alone, but it's about 85%-90%. On my Rush, felt + MRS was enough to get me to 100%. I haven't had to opportunity yet to install an MRS nor connect with local friend with laser cutter to make a lane cover.

#9596 8 months ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

I should suggest checking out the mods that rocket city has.

And I second the comment about Rocket City Pinball's mods.

Quoted from Ollulanus:

Another vote for Rocket City's stuff.

Thanks for all the love, guys. I'm happy you're all happy! Here's a link to my Bond mods for those folks new to the club:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/by-game/3057-james-bond-007-pro

#9696 8 months ago

Sad news, my fellow double-Os ... I have submitted my resignation and departed MI-6.

It was a tough decision since my son loved the game, and I was finally enjoying it myself (despite the very painful first six months) ... but my daughter hated it and my wife was indifferent. I really enjoyed Venom at Southern Fried Gaming Expo last weekend, and I had an opportunity to trade for it, so I took the plunge and traded in Bond LE #411 toward a Venom LE. The game left the premises tonight, so we'll see if / where / with whom #411 resurfaces in time.

I'll still be producing the Bond mods I've been making, and will check in here periodically to see what's happening with the game and for product support. I have a local friend who still has the game so I'll still get to play it occasionally, plus if I come up with any other mods, I can test them on his machine instead.

My brother thought it'd be sticking around longer too, so he'd purchased me a nice Bond clock laser-cut from vinyl, and a Thunderball movie poster metal sign. I also just received phatchit's Goldfinger gold bar stack but didn't install it, so I'll be looking to sell all this stuff. LMK if anyone's interested.

#9715 8 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Congrats on Venom, got to make tough decisions sometimes in pinball. I can't see Venom as being a better game but I have not played it yet so I reserve judgement!

I don't think any two games could be any more different than these two, lol! It will be a major change for sure.

As deep as Bond is, it could really benefit from the save-your-progess that Venom offers. I've had some really long Bond games that still only covered a small fraction of the modes. I'm still on the fence about that feature -- obviously it'd be an amazing achievement to do it all in one game -- but then again I'm a reasonably good player and thus I'm likely the only one who would ever get that deep into the game to be able to appreciate that. I'm excited for my kids / friends to be able to save their progress and see modes they might otherwise never get to.

#9836 8 months ago

Hi my friends! My rocket gate was not registering to drop the ball on the tank while doing the Jetpack, after looking everywhere I found one of the cables well hidden beneath the switch was cut. I don't know how it happened, but before I do something that could make it worse I just wanted to ask what would be your advice to do in a situation like this to solve it? Any recommendations will be much appreciated. Thanks. Take care and thanks for your help. Nuno

Quoted from GRB1959:

Strip back the black wire on both ends to expose enough wire so that you can wrap them together (maybe an inch or a little more on each side). Make sure to slide a small piece of heat shrink over one side of the wire prior to making the mechanical connection.
Now, using a tiny bit of solder go ahead and heat up the joint where you have twisted the two ends of the black wire together and flow solder into your mechanical connection. Once you have soldered your mechanical wire connection slide the heat shrink over the repaired wire joint and heat it up using a lighter similar to what you would use to light your grill. Be sure to wave the flame over the heat shrink to evenly disperse the heat so that it shrinks snugly around your repair.
I have included a couple of links for two YouTube videos that shows you how to do the repair. Keep in mind you may want to flow solder into your mechanical wire connection even though they did not do that in the following YouTube videos.
This is how I have fixed similar issues on my games.
Gord

Nuno (and anyone else looking) - if you're not comfortable soldering, there's a solder-free solution as well ... I've recently started using these splices (when I had to splice 60 wires on an EM where some nincompoop cut all the wires between the cabinet and the head, instead of disconnecting the jones plugs):

Available here in various sizes and a multi-size kit -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098JQXK1T

They're super awesome and super easy, you just strip the wire ends and feed them into the splice, then hit it with a heat gun / blow dryer. First the heat shrink activates and holds the wires in place, and then the ring of solder inside melts and flows over the stripped ends. Works perfectly.

The only drawback I see in your situation is you'll be blowing the heat gun right into your game here, so I'd recommend removing the switch so you can pull it (and the wires) up and away from the game a little bit, and/or bring in something to shield the game from the heat gun/hair dryer.

#10027 8 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

2) Is there any way to see how many Q-Branch modes you've played so far in a game? Doesn't seem to be anything in instant info or on the playfield.

Presumably they'll eventually add this in the Instant Info while you hold up a flipper. But in the meantime (and if even later if you want the info at a glance without trapping up), you can make one of my tracker tools. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/169#post-7636920 for details.

#10172 8 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Although it is a fair question as it does say '7X playfield multiplier when lit'. When I first got the game I thought I was getting 7x when it was lit as well. Kinda confusing. They should have left the 7X out of there.
[quoted image]

Yeah I always wondered about that too, seems like plans may have changed between the art design and programming.

Anyway the photo you posted also really highlights the other mistake they made here -- the half-lit insert. If this bothers you (it should), don't forget you can fix it with my Multipler Light Corrector: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08777-multiplier-light-corrector-mod-james-bond-007

#10270 8 months ago

Edit: Pro owner identified to help with mod! Thanks

#10373 8 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Shout out to Rocket City Pinball! The multiplier light corrector is amazing! Highly recommend it!

Thanks for the love, I'm happy you're happy! Anyone else who would like to fix Stern's botched lighting for the 007 Multiplier insert can get it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08777-multiplier-light-corrector-mod-james-bond-007

Quoted from 8Pin:

What is the last Thunderball wizard scene?!?!?
So far we have used...
Largo shark scene
Fiona Volpe introduction chase scene
Largo boat recon and then i think crash/death (but I almost never make it this far in single ball on this mode to see the last few clips and remember)
Bond getting an underwater camera scene
Opening jetpack scene
What is left?

I'd proposed a while back that there should be a mode (multiball perhaps?) with the massive underwater brawl scene. It was so grand scale (and so cool that it was all real divers, can you imagine what a CGI crapfest that scene would've been today?), and there are so many individual fights / combat taking place, there's more than enough material to use for the display. Hit each shot, show another villainous diver getting wasted.

#10377 8 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

What's all this talk about the spinner lighting the Q branch modes? Shots to the two scoops light the Q branch. Or am I missing something?

Each particular movie's Q branch has a specific qualifier that you have to hit enough times to light it.

Dr. No - pop bumpers
FRWL - right orbit
Goldfinger - DB5 scoop
Thunderball - Scuba scoop
YOLT - rocket
DAF - spinner

#10444 8 months ago

Since I no longer have Bond, anyone wanna buy these off me for their game room?

Clock is about 12" diameter, metal sign is 10"x14"

Edit: sold! For anyone else interested, I looked around on Amazon and found the sign for $28 (https://www.amazon.com/10-14-METAL-SIGN-Thunderball/dp/B0C444W1HB/) and the clock for $33 (https://www.amazon.com/James-Vinyl-Record-Birthday-Decoration/dp/B0B2RPVRVS/)

I also saw the sign in other sizes for different prices. Thanks for the responses!

20230825_102455 (resized).jpg20230825_102455 (resized).jpg20230825_102459 (resized).jpg20230825_102459 (resized).jpg

#10448 8 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Is that clock cut from a vinyl record? Not sure I have a spot for it, but that's genuine cool.

Yes indeed, super cool.

Quoted from GRB1959:

Actually both items are pretty cool for anyone with a Bond pin. Why don't you list these items with a sale price and you should have no trouble selling one/both of the items.
Gord

Already sold! Updated post above with links where folks can buy their own.

#10543 7 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I’ll ask again.
Anyone have a solution on how to see the villain insert easily. The db5 wireform screws block my vision of it. Can’t see it lit in modes.

I had this same problem; I proposed to the NinjaCamp folks that they look into it, perhaps give it the same treatment as their Exit Stage Left mod on Rush.

#10633 7 months ago

Attention double-0s ... as you're painfully aware, the ugly black dummy button below the start button really sticks out like a sore thumb on all three versions of Bond, clashing with the artwork. No more, thanks to Rocket City Pinball's dummy button replacements!

TournamentButton_YellowCyan (resized).jpgTournamentButton_YellowCyan (resized).jpg

Here's a look at each version of the game with before & after -- yellow for the Pro and cyan for the Premium and LE.

DTB-BondPro1 (resized).jpgDTB-BondPro1 (resized).jpg

DTB-BondPremium1 (resized).jpgDTB-BondPremium1 (resized).jpg

DTB-BondLE1 (resized).jpgDTB-BondLE1 (resized).jpg

Clean up your game by picking one up in my shop -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/09284-dummy-button-replacement-james-bond-007
Save on shipping by ordering them together with other Bond items -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/by-game/3057-james-bond-007-pro

Thanks very much to LesManley , The Pinball Lounge (Oviedo, FL), and ATLpb for being guinea pigs to try these out!

#10773 7 months ago

Quick question, I know this has been answered before but I remember some Insiders mentioning issues with their DB5 ejecting the ball into the inlane or sometimes on the shooter lane, mine it's starting doing the same lately, what did you do to solve this issue? Thanks for the help!

NunoDirector you need to loosen the two nuts holding the curved habitrail and adjust its position. It takes some patience and fine-tuning, and shooting some slo-mo video will help you optimize it. After I worked through it this way, I never had the problem again. See more details at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/9#post-7298758

#10790 7 months ago

Thank you so much my friend SkyKing2301! Thanks for always having an answer and solutions for all these technical issues! I'm going to try and let you know how it went! Take care and hopefully you come back to MI6 Andy!
[quoted image]

I've gotten so much help from the community while troubleshooting other machines in the past, happy to provide help when I can!

#10849 7 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Anyone else have the car VUK eject go to drain?
About every third time it happens . Pops up but rolls out front and down that outlane . Grr

DCfoodfreak you need to loosen the two nuts holding the curved habitrail and adjust its position. It takes some patience and fine-tuning, and shooting some slo-mo video will help you optimize it. After I worked through it this way, I never had the problem again. See more details at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/9#post-7298758

Mods really ought to sticky that post, this has got to be at least the fifth time I've pointed back to it.

1 week later
#11198 7 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Issue with the post behind bond on a wand. Incredibly ive never had a post fly out of one of my games before. This one has now started to do that. I stuck it back in the post hole but it comes out again. Do i have to screw it into the coil or something?

Quoted from mbrave77:

Ive pressed firm on the post to get it in the coil sleeve well. But when doing coil test every 20 or so coil tests the post comes out and i need to force it back in.
Thoughts?

That up-post is supposed to be firmly attached to the coil plunger. (I don't know how exactly it's affixed, as I hadn't pulled the plunger fully from the coil, but the post definitely should NOT be falling out.) Check out my jetpack alignment mod video to see how to remove the assembly under the playfield -- linked here to start at the right time:

You'll see in the video the post is firmly attached to the plunger and should not be loose. Therefore either your post itself is broken, or it's detached from the plunger. Remove the assembly from the playfield and see which scenario you have. If the post itself doesn't appear to be broken, then you may have to disassemble things a little further to remove the coil and figure out how it's (supposed to be) attached to the plunger.

#11250 7 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

I sure couldn’t live without it We’ll have a handful at expo in October at our booth. Stop by to pick one up if you are there.

At Expo, after getting your Bond Girl loop cover from Electric Playground's booth, swing by Rocket City Pinball's booth too and get your Multiplier Light Corrector and Jetpack Pin Alignment Corrector. Then you'll have everything you need to fix Stern's oversights!

#11266 7 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Looks like I'm coming to Expo - hope you have some Bond start buttons also!

Yup, I'll have bunches of Bond start buttons. If you know which design & color you want, let me know and I can make sure I have it in stock and will earmark it for you! Send me a PM.

Ref gun barrel designs: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07425-3d-start-button-james-bond-007-gun-barrel-versions
Ref spectre designs: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07252-3d-start-button-james-bond-007-spectre-versions

1 week later
#11487 6 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Speaking of skill shots, what gives? Are we supposed to complete them all? Do we get something if we do? I appreciate that there are so many, but…why actually? All this thought went into naming them. Is there a greater purpose, or are there just 8 skill shots?
The best skill shot integration I know of is Lyman’s Spider-Man. If you nail the skill shot on all three balls you get double total bonus on your last ball (above and beyond any multipliers). Triple if you nail the super skill shot on ball three. It’s a very nice perk.

I'd pitched an idea to Mr. Gomez about this on FB (got a 'Like' from him but no official response), because with a standard three ball game, extra balls, plus manual re-launch after ball locks, you could have enough opportunities to collect them all. Personally I think each one you achieve should turn off for the next attempt, forcing you to go for a different one each time. Collecting enough or all of them could start a sharpshooter multiball or wizard mode.

IIRC, I think they'd announced they were at least going to incorporate manual re-launch after ball lock. Since my game is gone, I don't know if that's been incorporated yet.

1 month later
#12466 5 months ago

Hey fellow 00s, I miss you guys ... FYI, if you got the new code today you'll see Stern forced some attract mode commercials into your face.

Go into Standard Adjustments, go to #55 -- "Display Message of the Day" -- and turn to OFF.

Let's not clutter this thread, you can use my other thread here to discuss/rant/etc. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turning-off-stern-s-annoying-new-commercials

3 months later
#14703 55 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Oh ok, I see what you are saying now. Instead of the ball running into the pin and the pin absorbing some of the shot because it flexes, it is now hitting the pin like a brick wall with no give.
Seems to me like the simple solution would be to make the hole slightly bigger in the mod that lines the pin up, no? I mean the mod is only meant as a guide and if the hole was slightly bigger in the mod, it will still line things up and give it that little extra flex you are referring too.

Sorry I'm late to the conversation, I'm not over in this thread often since I don't have the game anymore. A few folks had contacted me about this issue and what you described above is exactly what I suggested to do -- just ream out the hole in the mod a little bit, to allow for a little give, and that seemed to fix it for everyone who'd inquired.

Once I need to print another batch of these, I'll increase the hole size slightly. Sounds like others found complementary solutions, so that's good, but I'm sorry to hear some folks just gave up and removed it without pinging me for input. Try the slight ream fix!

1 month later
#15426 4 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Fixed my upper post issue. Not as easy as I would have liked. The yellow plastic guide was slightly off center, causing the post to hang up on the ramp. I honed it out slightly with a drill and bent the bracket for the solenoid slightly and now it works perfectly.
It must have been like this since new, and therefore the jet pack magnet never worked right. No wonder the original owner sold it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from VisitorQ:

FYI... That yellow part you are dealing with is not even stock.

Quoted from Mancave:

Isn't that Rocket City mod supposed to be screwed onto the side of the ramp anyway??

Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yup. He even said that you could ream it out a bit if you were having issues with.
I have it installed on my game from almost day 1, zero issues with it. Works Great!

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Huh. Ok, so what is the purpose of it then? If I were to put it on the other side it would be quite visible. I like the way it is hidden now. Seller did say he installed some jet pack mod, but I wasn't sure what he was talking about.
Speaking of the jet pack, I see there is a target on top of the tank and the jet pack kind of hovers over it. How does that work?

Hey GoneFishinLvMsg sorry I'm late to seeing all of this. So, was the yellow piece (my Jetpack Pin Alignment Corrector mod) just sitting loose on atop the yellow plastic like in your picture?? If so, that's definitely not how it's supposed to be installed -- it's supposed to have a screw, lockwasher, and washer that threads through the mod and that hole in the side of the ramp. It sounds like you got it figured out, but it's intended to be attached, not loose like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,100 (OBO)
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyking2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=skyking2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.