IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Can’t wait to unbox in the morning!
[quoted image]

I give people credit for having patience. Mine is usually set up before the truck leaves.

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Got my LE last week and everything looks great except for this one LED. Its not bright enough to fill out the whole arrow and I cant see that its lit without peering around the wire form above it.
Has anyone dealt with this and have some advice? The led seems to be integrated into the board, so not quite sure how to approach it....[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a bad LED on the board. I think it would require a board replacement from Stern.

#544 1 year ago

Just received a note from my distro that their allotment of LEs may be delayed due to snow this week. This includes shipping or actually producing them.

1 week later
#943 1 year ago

Premiums shipping and I'm still waiting on my LE? Doh!

#1018 1 year ago

I got the storm delay message as well. Distro should receive today or tomorrow and then it will be on its way to me.

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I feel like I’ve had sterns shipped directly to me in the past, maybe I’m misremembering. I don’t understand why they ship to distributors first when already sold.

Stern doesn't want the hassle of shipping directly unless bought directly. I have bought a lot of new Sterns and all went to distro first. I could be wrong but they may do it for a fee.....

#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Two of my three Stern's came directly from Stern. Both bought through a distro. The third came from the distro that had previously shipped direct from Stern. Who knows! Let's see what happens this go around.

Its so dumb. Its such a waste of energy to ship twice. I hate that they do it this way.

#1042 1 year ago
Quoted from ukengineer:

Just got the call that Premium is ready to pickup from freight dock today. Gotta get through some work.

Priority is always pinball....or do I have this wrong?

#1076 1 year ago

My LE is shipping out today. I opted to choose pickup from the terminal so hoping for Monday or Tuesday.

#1137 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Reading that warning gives me seizures.

I immediately thought...damn it...these new glasses aren't right. I need to go back and get a replacement.

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nope. Zero problems making any shots.
I don’t measure I just play by feel. But behold my bubble:
[quoted image]

Seeing some shooter lane wear in this pic...turn down that coil power. Hoping the Cliffy's are ready soon.

#1394 1 year ago

Bond LE is finally home.

AFB10286-697C-4082-8704-FD4D5500ECA5 (resized).jpegAFB10286-697C-4082-8704-FD4D5500ECA5 (resized).jpeg
#1440 1 year ago

Looks like a lot of folks took delivery of their LEs today. I thought I was going to get the last one as I felt like it took forever. Game definitely exceeded my expectations already.

Hate to see the box damage noted above. I was really concerned about this as my last game had damage. My distro tried to get me to set up the shipping separately...which I pushed back on. I don't know how this would have worked if there was damage. Who would it be sent back to? I didn't want to have anything to do with dealing with the claim process myself.

#1443 1 year ago

Interesting that the LE above came on such a large pallet. Usually Sterns have the smaller ones same size as the box.

#1480 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My NIB anti-reflective glass had multiple markings all over it, none of which would come off, and a section with scratches on it. Had to make a warranty claim. Stern is sending new glass but they wanted me to send a pic of my serial tag first even after verifying the purchase. I’ve had a couple warranty claims before including the invisglass on my AIQ LE, and only had to provide serial number before, never a pic.

I've always had to show a picture of cosmetic issues. Stern and JJP. I think its a fair request.

#1482 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes you are misunderstanding my post I’ve had to send pictures of the damage too I’ve never had to send a picture of my serial tag that’s what I was talking about. That has nothing to do with the damage I thought my post was clear.

Got it. Yes, I've had to do that as well. Serial number and the cosmetic issues.

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Ok I thought that was a new requirement. At least they didn’t give me a hard time about the new glass. It was terrible. Look at how it came. There was actually a hand print fused to the glass. It must have been on there when they added the coating? Worse glass I ever got by far.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm. Mine is the same way. I think it was caused by the plastic bag that was on tope of it. I didn't try to get it off but perhaps I should in case mine is the same.

#1486 1 year ago

Did they run out of the angle plugs?

C74610A5-B7A6-4A70-BA3E-7D8A83E2FBA0 (resized).jpegC74610A5-B7A6-4A70-BA3E-7D8A83E2FBA0 (resized).jpeg
#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It appears so.
Some are handling this news better than others.

Quoted from GamerRick:

Apparently lol. I got blown up about my post about it a few pages back. My plug is the same The general consensus is they ran out of the proper cord and they used the computer cord to keep the line moving. I would’ve been OK with that if they could’ve just put a simple note in with the machine saying hey we’re sorry but in these times of supply chain issues we knew you’d want your Bond as soon as possible so we were forced to use a general plug, we apologize for the inconvenience. I would’ve been totally happy with that it’s just simple customer service things that Stern could do to take it up a notch and what they should do for the amount of money we pay them.

Quoted from GamerRick:

I assume this is directed at me. Thanks for the poke. I don’t see that I made that big of a deal about it I spent over 13 grand I was a little surprised about the cord sorry if I offended some this is an owners thread and I thought this is something that was appropriate to bring in here I was curious how often this was happening.

I wasn't trying to poke the bear here. Sorry. I didn't see that this was posted earlier.

#1506 1 year ago

Any info on the shooter lane cliffy? I'm putting Mylar on for now. I have the power all the way down and still started to see some wear after just a few games.

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Do you actually notice or is it the principle?

I do. It sounds different. It sounds like 2 pops going off at the same time. haha. Ball hasn't spent much time there so far for me....I thought it would be worse from some of the videos we have seen.

1 week later
#2236 1 year ago

Thank you Jesus. New code. Downloading.

#2260 1 year ago

I was expecting more songs and video. But I'm happy. Don't yell at me. I will be patient.

Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

First person to complain about the update gets booted for 6 weeks…… After all the crying on this site, you better be happy now.

#2399 1 year ago

I just want to hear Pussy Galore say her name.

#2585 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I examined my balls lovingly and thoroughly and they look fine, but I will continue To cradle them intensely in the coming weeks to see if the described symptoms appear.
Worth keeping an eye on!

So funny. I read this but hadn't looked at the post before. Reminds me of the time I sat in a bar explaining how I hold my cue stick when playing pool only to look over and see these 2 women with complete disgust on their faces wondering what in the hell we were talking about.

#2665 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Camel toe appears larger as well.

I was waiting for this comment. haha...

#2708 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

lol
Perhaps a picket line in front of the Stern plant, as well, yelling:
"What do we want?" "CODE!"
"When do we want it?" "NOW!"

Not just Code....perfect code that everyone on pinside will approve of.

#2766 1 year ago

All sounds good. Looking forward to the jetpack mode where you can drop the ball on specific targets. Really hope we get some more music.....

1 week later
#3311 1 year ago

I've had a couple bricks on my LE....doesn't bother me as I haven't had any go SDTM......second hit and it usually falls...

#3387 1 year ago

Had an air ball from the rocket land up in the lock. It spit it right out. Couldn't give me free sneaky lock? Sheesh....

#3521 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am of the firm belief that less is more when it comes to the "action button."
Games like POTC and Star Wars are much less fun because of their focus on using your non-existent 3rd hand to mash the action button.
My only "code" request right now is a very meager one:
WTF is up with the little baby puff "gunshot" sound during the opening gun barrel sequence. It sounds like a starter pistol! In the movies it sounds like a cannon. Seems very odd.
Please replace it with something much more over the top...should sound like a cannon or meth lab explosion.

You guys don't play naked and use the third arm?

#3525 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. I didn't find it fun. But since the mod isn't used in any competitive play, fun is the name of the game for me.
I haven't tried it on games like jjPotC or Star Wars, but I'm not sure it would be effective for gathering gold or taking out tie fighters since I don't think you could push the pedal as quickly as you could hit the button with a hand (but if someone wants to try it and report, please do!). But for most cases it works great and kept the funfactor for me, which smacking the button in the lockdown bar is not.

Yeah, taking out the tie fighters is the most challenging. Since I play the drums, I have a fairly quick foot (not by drummer standards though). May have to experiment with it.

2 weeks later
#4058 1 year ago

Only the old EMs get 5 ball.

#4089 1 year ago

I don't like the mod guys fighting. I have bought from you both. Solid products. Keep up the good work.

Now, lets focus on a code update. Its long overdue!

#4095 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know about LONG overdue. It's about a week later than expected currently.

That's fair. I'm hoping for a significant update.....so if it takes a little longer all good.

#4097 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I've been leaving my game on all day in anticipation of the supposed imminent code drop...

As soon as I get the email I turn the machine on with my phone no matter where I am. LOL..

#4109 1 year ago

We'll call him Elon Gomez..... promises promises!

#4151 1 year ago

I don't know if this is good in a location environment....but would it be good to reduce the coil power to the trough to minimize shooter wear? Most of us do this in a home environment but not sure if after a lot of play the coil power weakens.

#4235 1 year ago

Tired of the drop target brick fest. Here was my solution. I forgot how much to cut so did this and all is well.....

IMG_1664 (resized).JPGIMG_1664 (resized).JPG
#4429 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For me the joy of Bond was practicing that SPECTRE target sweep (which is SO satisfying, lighting them all up with one shot) .

I have yet to do this. I think I need to make the switches a little more sensitive.

#4453 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You know... I'm still really disapointed in the code on this one, but it is till a really fun game. I think it will be great once some real modes are put in. Never really realized how code can make or break a game until I brought a G&R home (briefly).

GNR never had code this bare bones. Really hoping this code drop that is coming is much more substantial than the last time.

#4482 1 year ago

Foo fighters code just dropped. Sigh.....

#4485 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

0.90 code for Foo. You can't make this shit up. Where you at, Lonny?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#4557 1 year ago

Here is an actual picture of the Bond coding department at Stern at 1pm today.

608a5d6837f88e9f4fa87c57_60823ab713ca2e84b5b03f5e_smart-building-28-dec (resized).jpeg608a5d6837f88e9f4fa87c57_60823ab713ca2e84b5b03f5e_smart-building-28-dec (resized).jpeg
#4596 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The most interesting thing on the podcast:
Mark mentioned that one early on in the process they sent a game mockup that was a wide body packed with stuff including LCD screens to QT. He pissed all over it and said it needed to be old school with photos of Captain Fantastic and Dolly Parton. QT had a vision for it.
The other interesting piece was that Butch WAS on the playfield at one point, and QT asked them to remove him....

Wrong thread I believe.

#4635 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Hey now! Don’t go bringing Joan Jett into this shit typhoon.

Whats this? Joan Jett pin? In for an LE....

#4650 1 year ago

You know, Stern has a phone number. If you’re actually interested in doing something productive about the code, call them. Be nice, the person who answers your phone call has nothing to do with the delayed code. But they can help you get information about it. With all this hate/frustration going on here, I decided to call them. Talked to a wonderful gentleman who understood my frustration. Said he would do what he could to find out where they are at with the code update and give me a call back. I’ll let you know what he says. In the words of Aaron Rogers, RELAX. Or at least do something productive about it.

Nice work. Perhaps we all need a darkness retreat with Aaron so we can relax.

#4669 1 year ago

A couple things he asked me not to share,

Probably that its a shit show.

#4991 1 year ago

Downloading. If the code sucks I'm going to push it off my roof.

#5194 1 year ago

Foo gets more new code. Damn it. We are losing the race again!

#5344 1 year ago

I had 2 balls stuck up during jetpack multball. New code. Anyone have this issue?

IMG_1742 (resized).JPGIMG_1742 (resized).JPG
#5449 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably wont boot due to battery damage. Who cares of course just noticing.
Game went for $130k. A record price paid for a pinball machine ?

Has to be a record. For that price it should come with a couple Bond girls (recent of course)

#5465 1 year ago
Quoted from Beez:

Man I wanna pull the trigger on Bond sooooo bad … I’m just so nervous about the code / gameplay

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Going through the same thing.

I had a nice long game on the new code today. Honestly, I was ready to sell it....but not anymore. Its absolutely turning a corner in my opinion.

#5550 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They really need to not promise us code updates and just deliver them.
NOTHING gets those pitchforks unsheathed like a blown deadline.
It's like...when the rollercoaster is down and Six Flags refuses to give you a time estimate when it will be running again. Even if they probably know. Nothing to be gained and a lot to be lost.

Under promise and over deliver. This entire thread will be watching for emails from Stern all day....and then it will come....but it will be Foo update instead...

#5614 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

PLaying bond pro on .88 last night, jetpack multiball.
Somethin' funky happened!!!
I lost my 2nd ball, and then hit the super jackpot (Maybe? It's whatever shot activates the add a ball / multiball extend on jetpack) grace period.
The ball save activated, and another ball was launched in to play. BUT the multiball was over. So I had 2 balls in play but it was single ball play. When I lost the second ball the game continued normally on single ball (it didn't go into bonus countdown or anything else funky).
So seemed like a bug; either the multiball should have continued, or the ball save shouldn't have activated. 
Not a big deal just a little odd, not used to extending a multiball but having the multiball end. I sent in a bug report.

I keep getting 2 balls trapped behind the jet pack bond during this multball. There is definitely a bug or 2 in that mode.

1 week later
#6084 1 year ago

Ball search will fix. They need to fix in an update.

Quoted from Ilushka85:

Ball keeps getting stuck like this. What should I do ?
[quoted image]

2 months later
#8813 9 months ago

If anyone knows where i can get a topper please let me know. I had one on order and was just told sorry....don't have the allocation.

#8895 9 months ago

I received a number of PMs with leads on the topper. Didn't score one yet but really appreciate everyone who reached out. Great community we have here!

2 weeks later
#9377 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are the new Bond toppers shipping yet?

Mine arrives tomorrow....

2 weeks later
#10008 8 months ago

Where do I get the loop lid mod?

#10034 8 months ago

Will there be any Bond girl additions or is that out of the question at this point?

#10039 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

More girls? Doubt it. Unless you mean more assets to their functions, perhaps, believe they said they wanted video clips for each bond girl

I meant more video clips.

1 month later
#11607 6 months ago

Hope there is some bond girl vids added....

#11698 6 months ago

Anyone else have a shooter lane cliffy installed and issues with plunges? I've tried everything to align it but I still can't get it to plunge smooth. Even with the coil firing the ball its not smooth and the fork is perfectly aligned with the ball. I may just remove the cliffy and use mylar instead.

#11816 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You get this figured out?

I haven't really looked in to it yet. I'm likely going to remove the cliffy and see how it is.

#11839 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

sorry it is on location and just got here..
Here is a pic of where my playfield is aligned marked with a sharpie so I know where it works correctly… any other position it goes in that’s not aligned with the sharpie makes causes failed launch 100% of the time …
None of my other pros shift so much left to right .. so far it’s stayed in place I assume the lockdown bar also holds it in the position you set it at….
[quoted image]

I believe I have the same issue. If I set it down so its right in the middle.....all good for me. But from moving the machine (if you aren't tilting, you aren't trying!) it moves and will cause the issue. I need to put something in the gaps to keep it in 1 position.

#11851 6 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Pinball Life has the "switch plates" aka centering tabs that come on some machines to help keep the playfield in a specific position. They're cheap, good add-ons to another for other stuff.
Left: https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html
Right: https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html
If you have design capability and a 3D printer, you can make your own playfield shim. My GZ Prem was similar to Vai's where it needed to be shifted full right to have a clean plunge, even with the shooter lane fix. So I designed and printed this playfield shim that you push in on the left side to hold the playfield in the correct position, before installing the lockdown bar. 100% clean kill for my issue. The files are in my post here and it could easily be modified to have one for each side to keep things centered or set to a specific thickness for positioning of the playfield.
https://www.printables.com/model/558740-stern-godzilla-playfield-wedge-shim-shooter-rattle

Thanks for this! I will print these up tonight.

#11861 6 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Pinball Life has the "switch plates" aka centering tabs that come on some machines to help keep the playfield in a specific position. They're cheap, good add-ons to another for other stuff.
Left: https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html
Right: https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html
If you have design capability and a 3D printer, you can make your own playfield shim. My GZ Prem was similar to Vai's where it needed to be shifted full right to have a clean plunge, even with the shooter lane fix. So I designed and printed this playfield shim that you push in on the left side to hold the playfield in the correct position, before installing the lockdown bar. 100% clean kill for my issue. The files are in my post here and it could easily be modified to have one for each side to keep things centered or set to a specific thickness for positioning of the playfield.
https://www.printables.com/model/558740-stern-godzilla-playfield-wedge-shim-shooter-rattle

Just printed and worked. Thanks. 100 percent perfect when I plunge now.

#11866 6 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Some of you thread old timers may remember that my Premium arrived with a "smudged" apron decal. Opened a ticket with Stern back in January. Just received my replacement decal. They sent two just in case. Very nice of them. What's interesting is the alternate right side decals that came with it. I guess the intention is to cover the IC hole if you don't use it or have relocated it to the coin door. First time I'm seeing one of these. Anyone else seen these before?[quoted image]

Interesting. Is there a cutout for the IC hole or do you have to cut that yourself?

1 month later
#12456 5 months ago

Why do these updates make me feel like I'm still paying for dial up internet?

#12460 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I pity you poor topperless bastards!!
The intro lighting is super cool.

The day Levi bought the topper is the day that we knew the pinball bubble burst.

5 months later
#15502 42 hours ago

Hoping for some Bond babe vids to be added to the code!!!!!

#15504 42 hours ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That would be cool.
Honestly... One feature I am really hoping for is the ball does not auto plunge when you lock it.

Agreed. I think they took this out of Foo recently but I could be wrong. So much better.

#15591 25 hours ago

Just had a nice long game. 5 extra balls which I like! Didn't notice much difference but as others said, it was already pretty far along. I did notice during the briefcase mode (forget exact name) that it went in to ball search when the ball was in the scoop. Maybe a bug but wasn't a big deal.

#15602 22 hours ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

First game on 1.0 code. I have an extra ball limit set to 3, otherwise I would have had 6-7. Bonus can be unbelievable now. Both outlanes maxed with tight tilt.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Come on man. Put the glass back on!

#15624 16 hours ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I tried to warn you guys.
This game has been basically done for like 6 months.
The only thing left to add was a wizard mode that nobody is ever going to get to.
Well, now we might get to it with a ridiculous 6 EBs.
So we get up to 9 balls to do it!!
It’s a great game, but from day one it always has had a “too many cooks in the kitchen” feel, being pulled in many directions and never really completely tying together satisfactorily.
I’m gonna play it on factory until one day - god willing! - I get the wizard mode. Then I’ll probably just turn off EBs and enjoy all the stuff I’ve been enjoying on it for months.
It’s bond, baby. It’s full of bond. If you like classic bond, you’ll like this. But the wishlist of weird shit (ie: make the film clips bigger!! Gives us golf ball EB animations!) should probably die off at this point.
This game has been done, now it’s REALLY done, and fantasy time is over. It is what it is; embrace the reality!

But can we have a few more Bond babe vids? Come on. Its Bond!

#15643 53 minutes ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

And V1.01 is out with a minor patch update.

Stern saw the feedback here and is going to address all of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (OBO)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=insight75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.