IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4637 (resized).png
GTY_crack_smoker_jef_131107_16x9_1600 (resized).jpg
bttf (resized).jpg
soon.gif
PXL_20240408_232532904 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justeverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#805 1 year ago

Got the call from fed ex on my LE to. They are delivering tomorrow.

#859 1 year ago

#64 in the door…of the garage. Hopefully I’ll get it inside the house and setup tonight.

B9874B1B-975B-4C1C-A5CD-7280F1B5CC35 (resized).jpegB9874B1B-975B-4C1C-A5CD-7280F1B5CC35 (resized).jpeg
#872 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Code is obviously very early and incomplete. To rate it now would be a disservice to the game. If you are looking for other people's opinions, you only have to read through the last several pages of this thread and see that the layout and flow work well, the games (especially the LE) look beautiful in person, and a lot of people believe that the game will be outstanding once code is completed (which could take several months).

My thoughts exactly. I'm never in a rush to rate a game, especially with weak early code. Hard to give a solid review without a decent number of games a new machine.

#940 1 year ago

Finally set up Bond last night. Love the shots on the game and I see a ton of potential. No use beating a dead horse on the code, it’s bare bones. Came with .7 code, so updated that and swapped all the easy to access rubbers to titan clears. Lots of fun. Ready to see how it evolves.

1423E157-C7F4-4735-A216-49F10B8CFA02 (resized).jpeg1423E157-C7F4-4735-A216-49F10B8CFA02 (resized).jpeg1F113969-5583-4E5B-9E8F-68AEE49F99EA (resized).jpeg1F113969-5583-4E5B-9E8F-68AEE49F99EA (resized).jpegA4309249-C556-4462-8577-6103FAC32A5B (resized).jpegA4309249-C556-4462-8577-6103FAC32A5B (resized).jpegBFDA6313-D71A-4599-9635-EFBB9675A01A (resized).jpegBFDA6313-D71A-4599-9635-EFBB9675A01A (resized).jpeg
#965 1 year ago

Replacing the rubbers on the rocket took me back to middle school health class…

A981991C-DD72-486D-AE86-E3F74014A4D5 (resized).jpegA981991C-DD72-486D-AE86-E3F74014A4D5 (resized).jpeg
#995 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool was SUPER BORING until stacking was added in the mid .90s code. Disliked the machine since launch, and then, like magic, it was amazing when you could stack. Stacking opened a bunch of scoring strategies that made the game much more interesting. I sincerely hope they don't mandate no stacking with Bond, or you have to stack within the same picture only.

Saw a comment from Gomez on fb today saying the stacking modes and mb is “in the works”.

#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Setting up #138 now. Found an empty wire crimp in the bottom of the cabinet, that’s a first. Sure hope it’s an extra from installation and not one that broke off because that will mean something doesn’t work for sure. I wanted to ask what do you all have your pitch at? I’m going to wax and then level and pitch in a few minutes.

I set mine with the top of the bubble slightly outside the top line. Was surprised when I put the level on it the slope was at 7.4. It plays really well very fast.

#1237 1 year ago

The flow on this game is so damn good. Had a game the other day with 23 combos. Hit the upper loop a couple times to left ramp, to right orbit to right ramp. Really opened my eyes to how good the layout is.

#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I have 50 plays in over the last few days. I have it dialed in pretty nice. Installed Cliffy's shooter lane and out hole protectors. I'm really enjoying this game. I love the shots and variety that the diverters create. Really digging the hold left flipper button down to open the top diverter on plunge al a AFM. Looks like it sets up a skill shot indicated by a purple arrow at the right scoop. Haven't made that shot yet. The ball rips around that upper orbit on plunge.

It does. 10 million points. I’m curious about a number of the other skills shots listed. There are a bunch I haven’t figured out. Wondering if some are not in the current code but listed on the screen.

#1555 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I have a Bond LE and I'm going to give you an honest answer. Is Bond going to be better than the top-rated game of all time? I really doubt it. The code is super early (like half done, honestly) so any assessment of Bond is premature at this point. However, Godzilla (Premium) just has a more interesting playfield (rotating ramp, sinking building, falling bridge, 2 interesting magnets) and a really well-integrated theme with good video, music, animation, call-outs, sound effects and a lot of interesting modes. It would be difficult for any game to match the complete package that Godzilla has.
If you have the space and funds, you can always get both, of course. They are both going to be in production for at least another year or two.

I agree with this sentiment. I have an LE with a GZ prem on the way. Very tough to give a review of Bond at this point given the limited code. I do think the layout is great, but I think the layout on GZ beats it. Both themes are great for me. Both layouts are great, but GZ is just tough to beat. I do think Bond is a better game than several in the top 10 of the Pinside 100 and definitely better than several in the top 20. So I see it as at least a top 20 game once the code gets better.

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone else get constant STDM from balls that don't make it up the right orbit. On mine that orbit guide is pointed right down the middle, doesn't seem much room for adjustment either. :-/

Yep...it's almost always a death sentence. The game could really do with a gate to direct the ball back into the shooter lane rather than dribbling back down the middle.

#1876 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

zero second solution - just ignore it. I don't know why people are so obsessed with this gate position.. both our pro and premium don't sit in the notch and play just fine. The gate works as a one way gate. success.

Mine is riding above the notch as well, and I haven't noticed any bounceback out of the pops. Figured if I start seeing an issue, then I'll make some changes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it #wiregate

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Finally! Rocket City Pinball's interactive Dragon Tank scene is up for pre-order. (Pre-order is to manage demand and accommodate my day job & everyday-life schedules, so I appreciate everyone's patience. Those with Red Barchetta mods know it took a while to get all the orders filled, but they were worth the wait and so is this!)
Also, big thanks and shout-out to The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo, Florida (inside the Oviedo Bowling Center). The owners, Kurt and Ed, are amazing humans and I'm glad to call them my friends. Kurt has a Premium and a Pro (the latter of which he's about to put on location elsewhere) and was kind enough to allow me to shoot my DIY video with it. Check them out if you're ever in the area -- they have TONS of games from different eras, always in top working condition, they host tournaments and events (just hosted the state championships this weekend, and my favorite event is always Flip-Out Friday), and they have great food and drink too!

Can't wait until you have one for the prem/le. I'm not a big mod guy, but this looks so much better than the stock Dragon!

1 week later
#2787 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I can’t imagine waxing this game. I already have balls flying around so fast they came back and jump over the flippers more than any other game I’ve played.

I'll never understand anyone waxing a game. It's just adding unnecessary crap to the pf that builds up everywhere.

#2789 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Not if you do it properly

Wax is still going to get on the balls and end up everywhere. I play a a local collectors house and I asked him about PF care a long time ago as he's been in the game for decades. Has one of the most excellent collections I've ever seen, and he told me there is no reason to wax. I agree with him. Especially after seeing and playing his games. Then every time I buy a second hand game, someone has been adding wax and the shit is everywhere. Plus even after the wax, it wears off quickly. Completely unnecessary imo.

#2872 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I have read that some call this game a fantastic shooter. Personally, I don't think it is. I do enjoy playing it, but "a fantastic shooter" is a bit of a stretch. The placement of the villain and henchmen ramps goes against the basic principle of dividing the playfield into thirds: bottom, mid, top and most importantly to keep the mid section free of "stuff" so the ball can gain momentum. But, that's me. Unfortunately, all the coding in the world cannot fix the design of the playfield. I have spoken with a few people who are getting off what they view as a sinking ship. To me that seems a bit harsh, but I do think the design of the playfield is annoying....and placing blame on code delays and licensing agreements overlooks this fact. Amazing theme, just wish it hadn't been such a rush job.

Play better...This thing flows for days!

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

My absolute favorite flow combo I've managed to hit several times is:
1) center lane looping around behind the rocket (lock gate not open on prem/LE)
2) upper left flipper to woman loop
3) upper left flipper again to henchman ramp, which has its own mini loop around and down to right flipper.
(Green/pink/blue):
[quoted image]
...my god it's a such thing of beauty when it happens, and it happens so fast and smooth!

The best one I had was a couple loops around the bond women, to henchman, to left orbit then villains ramp to left orbit a few times. It was a ton of fun. Think I ended up with 23 combos that game.

#3000 1 year ago

The spinner falling off is getting a bit old. 3rd time so far. Seems like the spinner hanging out being hit from all different angles is what’s causing the issue. Any ideas for a fix
other than continuing to bend?

A7FB1366-A862-4B54-8DE2-6343043CAEEA (resized).jpegA7FB1366-A862-4B54-8DE2-6343043CAEEA (resized).jpeg

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Add a small washer to the end of the arm and then crimp it.
Like what Stern did to fix this problem.

I may look at something like this. I bend the outside arm in slightly the first two times it fell off. It seems like it only falls off when the ball impacts the outside arm and pushes it though the hole.

#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

When you put the spinner back in does it hang straight up and down? Basically it is getting knocked off because of hits on the bottom edge rather than square against the face. Maybe bend the frame a little tighter? Make sure it hangs straight and not angled forward and make sure there is enough wire sticking through the frame.
Another more subtle point it that this is an opto spinner, so it has less friction and will spin much longer than a normal spinner when properly adjusted. That means it is more likely to get hit again while it is still spinning. When it is hit while spinning there is always that chance that it will be turned just right to get whacked on the bottom edge (see LZ spinner issues). So here is another suggestion learned from LZ. Don't aim at the spinner while it is spinning already. The main reason is that hitting it while still spinning will most likely slow it down or stop it, so just let it continue to rip. Waiting for it to stop spinning and come to rest standing straight up and down then has the second benefit of less off angle smashes on the spinner. So higher score and less wear. Win/win.
Edit: Another possibility is the spinner is hanging to low or the ball is somehow airborne when hitting it? This would result in a hit on the spinner that is more of a broadside whack rather than clipping just the bottom half as it passes underneath. Enough hits like that and the spinner will be bent so it leans backwards and takes more hits on the bottom edge or simply takes a broadside and gets knocked off.

I'll take a look at each of your suggestions. I didn't get too radical when bending it the first couple of times because it felt like the outside arm was far enough in it shouldn't fall out. The spinner definitely rips (I almost made a joke that I'm ripping the spinner too hard), so I don't think it's out of whack and creating any friction.

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nah they all do it. Mine is 100 percent of the time.
The real skill shot is the super skill shot. Hold the left flipper button down when you plunge the ball.

I'm looking forward to some of the other skill shots being added. Really wish they would add a multipliable skill shot with each consecutive loop adding to the multiplier. Love skill shots like this as it really adds to the risk reward.

#3190 1 year ago

Definitely see this game coming together after the recent code update. Starting to get shots dialed in. Definitely don’t see this is a game people are going to walk up to and blow up, and I love that. Unique layout that takes some getting use to, but once you have it it’s so damn good.

1 week later
#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

My Bondis the same way.....all those are falling off

With all the LEs shipping during the cold snap during winter, I bet the adhesive is giving up because of the cold. I just had a similar issue with a shooter rod. They builder told me he has trouble with the adhesive releasing during the winter time.

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:No issues on my le. It’s load good sound.

I’ve notices similar issues on my le. Seems like low quality sound files.

#3478 1 year ago

Why even mess with writing a review at this point? The game is nowhere near complete. It drives me nuts when people play one game on a new game and go review it. Definitely need to put real time on a game before reviewing.

#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

At a minimum right now:
5 skill shots are missing.
4 Q gadgets are missing.
There is no wizard mode right now.
The manually controlled jetpack mode is missing.
Nothing with the Bond women right now (I assume something will be added).
Action button multiplier is missing.
Should be more music added at some point.
Other graphics/videos that are not yet implemented have been found in the code (see earlier in this thread).

Bond women will be a PF multiplier up to 7x when implemented. Play decides when to activate using the action button.

1 week later
#3737 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I have lost 2 games where the ball gets stuck behind the rocket on the led ring. You have to tilt to get it out. Anyway to fix this?

How steep is your game? I’ve had the ball hang up but usually a nudge will cause it to roll off.

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I don’t love foo fighters (the band), but the pin looks great. It’s hard not to notice that its software maturity at launch is better than bond several months post launch.
I really hope stern doesn’t “phone it in” to get bond to 1.0.

No way Gomez let’s that happen

#3841 1 year ago

I'm still having a lot of fun playing the game despite the very incomplete code. About the only thing that drives me nuts is the lack of Q gadgets leading to me listening to the dumbass Q's ring dialogue they've chosen. Lately I've just been focusing on completing modes and playing the SPECTRE weapon modes. The layout on the game is excellent, and I am very happy with my purchase. Also bought a FF because it looks bad ass as well. A great time for pinball.

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

.... and games are selling at a pretty big discount. Two LE's near me are listed for $11,500 (about a $2000 hit). I have mine for sale, and I have had ZERO interest - even with it selling it well below MSRP. With the way the market is turning on this game, people would be nuts to buy a NIB Premium.
In some ways this whole thing reminds me when I bought my Munsters LE. The scary part is that I actually prefer Munsters to Bond.

To each their own, but Bond is so much better than Munsters. I think people are going to reverse their thoughts on Bond once the code is up to snuff. There are just too many similarities to how B66 was a box with blinking lights and now is really widely liked. Definitely can't say the same for Munsters.

#3860 1 year ago

The slow code rollout also strikes me as how things were done in the old days of pinball. A game would be release very incomplete to operators, then code updates would be made based on feedback. It seems to me that Gomez likely falls into that more old school approach vs maybe a newer approach where the designers are hardcore pinball players who know what works and what doesn't. So the later ends up release a more complete code. Either way I see Bond getting to greatness when the code gets there. If you aren't enjoying it, hopefully you can find something else to flip until that happens.

#3866 1 year ago

My prediction...there will be a lot of regret down the line for people dumping Bond out of impatience. I don't think anyone will regret swapping it for FF, as FF looks great as well. I'm pumped for that release and bought one.

#3870 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I sincerely hope your right. I was along for the ride on BM66 and Stranger Things. They were so much further along by this point. Additionally, it was obvious what the big picture was and you could see the unique rules developing. Bond shows none of this. It reminds of the “wood chopping to see a bit more of a clip” that Lonnie shat all over IJ4.
Bond pisses me off so much at this point that I don’t even turn it on. It has no cohesiveness or big picture to it, at least that I can see.

B66 took 2 years to develop...how is that even comparable to Bond at this point?

#3886 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exercise a little patience FFS
The crybaby factor is off the charts.
Greatness takes time. TWD, BM66, EHOH etc etc.
Pitiful
Buy something else. Plenty of options.
If YOU bought one early then that is on YOU
It’s gonna be a great game.
Now I understand that pinball “BE” (Before Elwin) is shit. But come on.

Patience? In 2023? Come on Ice

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

The only thing I'm annoyed with so far are the Q gadgets as well. The gameplay on all of them is more then likely going to be identical... so wtf? why aren't they just all done by now. Get Q, shot glowing ramps/etc, success.... rinse repeat.
--chris

The rarely seen weapons are the cool part of the code to me right now. Unfortunately there is little to direct a player of how to start them. I just played a couple games after dinner and didn’t start one. Definitely need some mystery awards that spot a spectre letter and maybe even combos spot a letter or something. Just doesn’t seem to be enough action off the don’t to hit the switches. Thinking I’ll swap out the rubbers again and put the ultra bouncy polys on there. Maybe it would drive some more action.

#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

When you hold left flipper for skill shot do you use top flipper raised to get it into the car or bottom left flipper? It’s very hard at bottom left.

I live catch on the left flipper and then shoot the scoop. I tried the dead bounce like on MET and it doesn’t work on my machine. I’d say it could be side to side level or pitch affecting that. My machine is dead on side to side and ~7.3 on slope.

#3943 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Dead bounce works for me at perfect side to side level, 6.5 degrees slope, stock flippers and rubber, FWIW.

Seems to me the slope is likely the biggest difference. I also swapped the original rubbers for titans. Hate the stock black stern uses, so swapping rubbers is always one of the first thingsI do.

#4056 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I haven't seen this done, but if you were to make it a five ball game and charge two dollars just maybe you could get away with that. People might be more interested in playing a five ball game.

Why would an operator do this? This makes zero sense. Changing to a 5 ball game is going to at least double the time of a game when you figure in for the extra balls. Operators make money when people keep pumping coin into a game that’s kicking their ass.

#4156 1 year ago

Have you heard anything from Felix or James?

#4199 1 year ago

Played a few games last night and the last one was flowing pretty well. Really love this layout when I get going!

#4205 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you get these shots dialed in its fantastic. The combos, henchmen ramp etc.

Totally agree. It kicks my ass a lot of games, but when everything gets flowing it's so damn fun.

#4216 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Thanks, not sure what kind of preventative things and or maintenance i should be thinking about other than waxing playfield for a first pin. Ive read a bunch of guides and have noticed some small swirl scratches which prompted me to wax for the first time.

Please for the love of god don't add wax to your pf....novus 1 for a light clean and novus 2 in areas with a lot of wear. Adding wax just adds gunk to get on the balls and everywhere. It's not necessary on clear coated games.

#4233 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Hasn't every game made in the past few decades had clearcoat on the playfield? They still get worn. I know there are entire threads about this specific thing but I personally think that I want the pinballs to glide over wax rather than directly against the bare playfield. It's not like any of these Stern games have substantial clearcoat on them to begin with.

It's possible putting wax provides perhaps a very very temporary protection as you suggested with the ball "gliding over wax", but imo it's does more harm than good. It adds a lot of particulate matter to be worn off and spread everywhere throughout the machine. Back in the EM days before pf were clear coated, that protection was much more of a necessity. Clear coated playfields don't need it. Just keep them clean and change the balls more frequently.

#4449 1 year ago

Had a really fun game last night. Beat the femme fatal mode. What struck me is the mode was super easy to beat if you don’t miss a shot. Every made shot feeds to the next. Made a 4 way combo that nearly beat the mode and it was easy to finish from there. I do think the scoring did not feel commiserate with the completion of the mode, but it was still a lot of fun. looking forward to the next tweaks to help with these types of things. Hope they don’t just rely on multipliers as the man way to score.

#4756 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wheel of Fortune - famously incomplete, but awesome post burning Gary's house down from Keefer after he was fired
Indy:Crystal Skull - the namesake wizard mode just wasn't coded - doesn't DO anything
Mustang - Technically complete (I think?), but left for dead after last minute license change to Mustang
Guardians of the Galaxy - also technically complete, but repetitive copy-paste gameplay with little variation
Munsters - DOA. Dwight never was given the chance to make Borg's design sing.
Bond - Not calling it a lost cause until we're in June and there's not a clear game gelling. But it's not looking good.
And, worth mentioning that it took over 3 YEARS for Ghostbusters to even get all the modes ON THE INSTRUCTION CARD. There was essentially nothing done to finish the game for 2.5 years after the pin was mostly complete, then the final update came. In Dwight we trust. Eventually. I cannot say the same for Lonnie. Hoping he surprises me.

Your examples are a bit one-sided. What about stranger things? Aerosmith and Game of Thrones also have solid code. Kiss was terrible for years then the last update made a big difference, and it’s solid code. Star Trek also has solid code. And tron (sure I know Lyman was on this as well, so maybe not fair to include)? Most of your references are mid 2000s games, which was clearly a different time. Just way to early to know on bond. The impatience of the community is justified to some extent, but it’s also a little over the top at this point.

#4759 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own. You're free to have your own.

No need to add a disclaimer. Opinions and assholes, we've all got one. My best guess at this point, Bond code comes in strong about the time demand has fallen off due to the poor roll out and initial hate for the code, then it becomes a sought after game. Good things take time.

#4766 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Big improvement. Can you get rid of Qs ring for me now?

I had radioactive reconnaissance today and then hit the mystery before the Q scoop. Mystery was “light Q branch” and it switched to Q’s ring, I almost just let it drain to not have to play it again. Painful.

#4786 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Qs ring I swear lights up every shot in the playfield I feel like ; almost beat it but never have ;
What’s the award ?
I’m only two steps away from the slammer

I’ve beat it a couple times, but light it 99% of my games. Not a high completion %.

#4881 1 year ago

As with all situations in business, there is information that is not public. Given everything we've seen so far from this rollout, my guess is that MGM is the problem. But it's just that...a guess. It doesn't seem reasonable at all to continually bash Stern and Gomez when we don't know all the facts. Sure make your guesses, but to say Gomez is full of shit isn't fair. It could be completely inaccurate if we knew all the facts.

#4888 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It really is probably a mix of both. A bad combination of factors

Agree on this point. Lonnie is definitely a big part of the problem. I will definitely think twice before buying another game he's the lead on.

#4954 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

I heard the license rep sucks at pinball. Can’t get through the the modes - too many shots required through the right ramps. Also gets distracted taking pictures when his great aunt comes up during the Q ring mode.
Gunna be a while I’m afraid.

That's unbelievable!

#4960 1 year ago

Just a small non-refundable deposit of $59.99 with the remaining $690 due at delivery. Seems reasonable.

#5015 1 year ago

No reason to be upset, even if the latest update sucks. Only 2 weeks to the next update. Definitely some meat to this one, enough to string along my hope. Still think when Bond is finally done it will be a great game.

#5120 1 year ago

Only had time for a few games on the new code, but it’s clearly heading in the right direction. I dig the old bond music, but I like the addition of the Moby tune. It just fits the fast pace of the game. Didn’t make it to the new mini wiz mode, but score were definitely higher. Only hit ~350 mill on the beat of 3, but average will be up after this update. Played jet pack at least 4 times in the 3 games.

#5298 1 year ago

I like the Moby song in the game. Fast pace than the original, which fits the game well. Definitely won't mind seeing more variety in the music an callouts added, but I expect that's in the works.

#5534 1 year ago

Made it to Bond, James Bond last night. Fun mode with great sound effects and really good shaker integration.

#5542 1 year ago

I had Qs ring lit at the scoop last night, but then it changed when I hit the pops (I think). Kind of relieving that I haven't seen it in the 10-15 games I've put on the new code.

#5554 1 year ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Does anyone know if there are a set of rules (eg. modes and how to complete) that have been written for the game? Surely, such rules would provide the roadmap for how the code gets completed - and would help us as beta testers to provide feedback on potential changes.

I just shoot the flashing lights.

#5630 1 year ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

George Gomez mentioned to me in an interaction on the Facebook Deadpool owners group today that anyone at MGC this weekend will get to preview next weeks release, so I doubt we’ll see it tomorrow.
[quoted image]

I think anyone beating against this one doesn't know how much GG cares about it. I've messaged with him several times, and he doesn't know me from adam. Always super responsive and clearly wants nothing more than for Bond to be a hit. I messaged him a few days before the last code release asking for an update and he said very soon. I left it at that not wanting to bug him too much. Shortly after the code released, he messaged me out of the blue asking what I thought about the code update. Bond has already turned a corner and it's nice people are starting to see that.

#5888 1 year ago

Only played 3-4 game last night, but .89 seems like a significant improvement. When the code is done, Bond is going to be a masterpiece! The flow may not be FF level because the shots are tough, but when you get ripping on Bond, it is immensely fun.

#6009 1 year ago

The layout on the Bond cornerstone is a ton of fun to shoot. Tons of flow and a nice mix of hard and easy shots. I feel like I'm starting to get the henchmen ramp dialed in (that's been the toughest to hit consistently for me). Wonder if the cry babies in this thread just need to play better. After the .89 update the game is clearly coming together in a big way. Bond on a wand picking up the ball during Jetpack MB, then releasing it with the tank hit where you want is great.

1 week later
#6329 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Pinwoofer or pinball pro, which one is the best speaker upgrade for bond?

Pinwoofer is a totally different system because of the amp.

#6336 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Agreed, but which is a better overall solution. Which sounds better?

I was really disappointed with pinball pro when I put it on my KISS. Owner was super nice talking to be but basically said Spike 1 games don't have any way to adjust the bass, so it didn't feel like an upgrade at all on that game. I have my first pinwoofer set up ready to go into GZ after I'm done with my busy season. Wish I would have done Pinwoofer for Kiss.

#6398 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

This literally made me laugh out loud. So VERY true!!

That’s pinball. The more I shoot Bond the more I love it. Code still has a long ways to go for greatness, but I still love playing it. I was playing GZ the other night and switched to bond. The speed and nonstop action had me going. I almost was going to get on here and make a post about how I think I like it more than GZ, then I had a 1.4 bill game on GZ and I was torn. What I loved most about bond when comparing the two was that bond was just nonstop action, not a lot of stop and go. Both great games, both a lot of flow, but still very different. I really enjoy both.

#6404 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I think it has the right amount of stop and go. It's not 100 % flow like F F

Another thing I've noticed comparing GZ and Bond is that I end up nudging a lot more with Bond. For me it feels like more of a throwback to solid state type of games. Just brutal a lot of times. Sorry for all the GZ/Bond comparisons. Just my two newest games, so I've been playing them both a lot.

#6433 12 months ago

I’ve started Q’s ring a couple times since the last update. It’s so hilarious how bad it is that now I crack up every time since I’m not seeing it constantly.

#6476 12 months ago

Didn’t they have Elwin add the topper signature after the marketing snafu stating “exclusive topper”?

#6578 12 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Observation: I have had more balls bounce out of the trough and back into play than on any other pin with my Bond Premium. This is without trying to do a "Bang Back".

Must be your set up. I haven't had this happen at all. I have mine set up pretty steep at 7+ degrees.

#6604 12 months ago

Both bonds in one place!

233D1FD2-529C-439D-A8AA-322A283B58D8 (resized).jpeg233D1FD2-529C-439D-A8AA-322A283B58D8 (resized).jpeg
#6651 12 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m taking the different mindset approach on this one because Bond too is a dream theme of mine.
The foundation is there to end up with a GREAT game.
The Gomez layout is fantastic. Much better than BM66 and that turned out great thanks to Lyman.
Been down the code road many times, TWD, BM66, GB, and STH.
Now waiting on CCr big code update.
IF they don’t come through in the end, which I highly doubt, then I’ll be leading the charges myself like William Wallace in Bravehart!
Keep in mind, Gomez wants to sell a Goldfinger LE edition later. That ain’t happening without some complete code

Have to agree with Ice. The layout is killer and the code will get there. Already starting to look like an actual game after the recent update.

#6770 11 months ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Call me crazy but I sold my Godzilla recently and kept Bond. The shots to me have a solid “tight” feel and that jet pack shot feels nice. I loved Godzilla and I have a soft spot for the Bond theme in general but after playing Godzilla I prefer the shots on Bond. The code will get there but as it stands it’s heading in the right direction.

GZ and Bond both very new to my collection and I was feeling more and more drawn to Bond. Mainly because it’s a faster pace. Both have great flow, but the stop and go of GZ really got me. Love both games but kind of depends what mood I’m in what I play.

1 week later
#7000 11 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Ok, my LE says I must connect to insider to get code updates. I had already registered the machine and received updates previously. It also says the machine is offline when I put my QR code on the scanner. Pics following.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Once it’s registered, you can set it to download automatically. It will download in the background when the game is on without opening the menu.

1 month later
#7874 10 months ago
Quoted from Suby:

LE/PRE V0.92.0 - June 1, 2023
=====================
- Added logic to allow "007 Scoring" to start via pressing the the lockdown bar action button.
- Added logic to disable advancing/lighting Bond Women Multipliers while "007 Scoring" is
available.
- Changed the score awards for the Attache Case, DB5, Under Water Power Pack, and Little Nellie
Q Branch modes.
- Changed the score award values for the Villain/Henchmen modes.
- Added 41 new Insider Connected Achievements.
- Fixed a bug where the Bond Women Multiplier threshold award levels were being displayed in the
Pop Bumper, Spinner, and Rocket Countdown display effects while "007 Scoring" was active.
- Added logic to disable "007 Scoring" from starting at the completion of Multiball events
that end and collect balls at the trough before returning back to single ball play.
- Added logic to disable "007 Scoring" from starting if the action button is going to
launch a ball sitting in the shooter lane.
- Changed the DB5 Spinner score awards.
- Changed the DB5 Q Branch mode score awards.
- Changed the Little Nellie Multiball Super Jackpot score award.
- Added new logic to handle the progression of the right orbit lamps.
- Changed the Power Pack Multiball Super Jackpot score award.
- Changed the escrow logic that determines the Hunted by Helicopter Super Jackpot score award.
- Added a new Helicopter Countdown sound FX.
- Added a new Helicopter Countdown video clip.
- Fixed a bug where the DB5, Power Pack, and Helicopter Countdown rules were not giving
the correct threshold awards.
- Fixed a bug where the Pop Bumper, Spinner, and Rocket Countdown threshold
award display effects were not displaying the correct "Power Points" when
"007 Scoring" was active.
- Changed the "Power Points" scores awarded by the DB5, Power Pack, and Helicopter Countdown rules.
- Added a new Hunted by Helicopter Multiball Super Jackpot Lightshow that is synced to music/sound FX.
- Changed the font color of the "Jackpot Increases" text in the DB 5 Q Branch Mode.
- Added logic allowing the Jetpack Ready display effect to be aborted via flipper "blow off".
- Fixed a bug where the DB5, Power Pack, and Helicopter Countdown threshold award display
effects were not displaying the correct "Power Points" when "007 Scoring" was active.
- Added logic to suppress "007 Scoring" timing out speech sound FX while other
modes/multiballs are active.
- Added logic to stop "007 Scoring" at end ball and/or during a tilted ball.
- Added "007 Scoring" timing out speech sound FX.
- Added "007 Scoring" timing out sound FX.
- Removed Bond Women Multiplier collected speech sound FX.
- Added a new "007 Scoring" looping tune.
- Changed the volume of the "007 Scoring" start sound FX.
- Added "007 Scoring" start speech.
- Added a "Propulsion Power Points" sound FX.
- Added a revised "Passing Power Points" sound FX.
- Raised the priority of the "007 Scoring" start display effect to insure it is seen
during multiball events.
- Now The Jetpack Multiball Hurry-Up Jackpot value starts at 3 Million points
and counts down to 1 Million points.
- Added logic to allow the side ramp stand-up target to cycle the available Villain & Hench modes.
- Now the Double Scoring Timer is no longer paused during multiball events.
- Added a new "Passing Power Points" sound FX.
- Added a new "Power Pack Points" sound FX.
- Added a Power Pack Countdown sound FX.
- Added a "007 Scoring" started sound FX.
- Now the DB5, Power Pack, and Helicopter Countdown rules are not available during multiball events.
- Now the Max Super Jackpot for Bird 1 Multiball is 300M.
- Added a "Passing Power Points" video clip to the DB5 Countdown threshold award rule.
- Added a "Power Pack Points" video clip to the Power Pack Countdown threshold
award rule.
- Added a new Power Pack Multiball background looping video that plays after the primary
background video has completed playing.
- Changed the default setting of the "Reset Bond Women Multipliers Each Ball"
adjustment. Default = NO.
- Changed the behavior of how Bond Women Multipliers are reset between balls. A
multiplier is reset if:
1. The "Reset Bond Women Multipliers Each Ball" adjustment is set to YES.
2. The multiplier has been collected (lit solid) but not used.
- Now, the progress of unused (blinking) Bond Women Multipliers are not reset when starting
"007 Scoring".
- Fixed a bug where advancing towards Jetpack Multiball was still advancing the Bond
Women Multiplier (Domino).
- Now only 4 Power Pack Countdown shots are need to light the Bond Women Multiplier
(Domino).
- Now only 4 DB5 Countdown shots are need to light the Bond Women Multiplier
(Pussy Galore).
- Changed the criteria needed to advance towards lighting Bond Women Multipliers.
- Changed the criteria needed to advance towards lighting Q Branch.
- Changed the criteria for when display effects are shown while advancing towards lighting
Q Branch.
- Added a Helicopter Countdown Rule. Shoot the Right Orbit to advance towards lighting Q
Branch (Attache Case), lighting the side loop multiplier, or awarding Propulsion Power
Points.
- Added "Diamonds are Forever" as the "007 Scoring" background music that will
play when modes/multiballs are not active.
- Changed the 7X "007 Scoring" Ball Saver time, Default = 30 seconds.
- Added a new video clip to the "007 Scoring" background display effect along with
rule information displayed in the accompanying banner.
- Made the Bond Women Multiplier text that appears on the Pop Bumper, Spinner, Rocket,
DB5, Power Pack, and Helicopter Countdown display effects more readable.
- Upon starting "007 Scoring" a Ball Saver is awarded if the MAX number of Bond
Women Multipliers have been collected.
- Now the amount of "007 Scoring" time is based upon the number of Bond Women
multipliers collected, i.e. 2X scoring = 20 seconds, 3X scoring = 30 seconds, etc...
- Added logic to pause the "007 Scoring" timer until the start display effect has finished
playing.
- Added a "007 Scoring" timer that appears on any mode/multiball background display
effect.
- Added video clips to the "007 Scoring" start display effect.
- Modified/Replaced the Bond Women Multiplier collected video clips.
- Added an adjustment to the game called "Reset Bond Women Multipliers Each Ball".
- Now, upon draining, progress towards lighting Bond Women multipliers is reset.
- Added logic to make lighting individual Bond Women multipliers more difficult once that
multiplier has been collected and used to start 007 Scoring.
- Now the Rocket Countdown rule tries to advance the Bond Women Multiplier
independent of the threshold awards, i.e. both threshold and multiplier rules are
advanced at the same time.
- Now the Spinner Countdown rule tries to advance the Bond Women Multiplier
independent of the threshold awards, i.e. both threshold and multiplier rules are
- Now the Pop Bumper Countdown rule tries to advance the Bond Women Multiplier
- Added a Power Pack Countdown Rule. Shoot the Left Eject to advance towards lighting Q
Branch (Power Pack), lighting the side loop multiplier, or awarding Power Pack Points.
- Shooting the left orbit no longer advances/lights Q Branch (Power Pack).
- Added logic to the Left Eject to hold the ball for staged display presentations of:
1. Jetpack Ready
2. Mystery
3. Power Pack Countdown rule.
- Added Passing Power Points as a threshold award for the DB5 Countdown Right Eject rule.
- Now the DB5 Countdown rule tries to advance the Bond Women Multiplier
- Fixed a bug in "Bond..James Bond" Multiball where the highest score achieved during this
multiball might not be recorded properly if the player tilts prior to the mode being
completed or timing out.
- Added a "Bond..James Bond" Multiball High Score Champion.
- Added adjustments to support the "Bond...James Bond" Multiball High Score
Champion (default score threshold, type of award to give, # of awards to give).
- Added a "Bond..James Bond" Champion to the attract mode presentation.
- Added a new Little Nellie MB Super Jackpot Lightshow that is synced to music/sound FX.
- Fixed a bug where the Mystery sound FX was too loud when played at the same
time as the "qualifying a Jetpack shot" sound FX.
- Added motion, padding, and a 4 pixel outline to the font used for the DB5 Countdown rule
to make the text more readable.
- Added a new DB5 Multiball background looping video that plays after the primary
background video has completed playing.
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.8.0
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

Guess I should have stayed home sick today.

#7955 10 months ago

Only had time to put two games on the new code last night but it is a phenomenal update. Had a 200 mill Bond James Bond mode and started a 3x right at the start. The scores are definitely about to start getting crazy. Also it’s starting to have a lot of paths to big scores (reminiscent of B66 imo).

A582A7ED-D185-4AE0-94A3-E88E79E4FA31 (resized).jpegA582A7ED-D185-4AE0-94A3-E88E79E4FA31 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#8455 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So the new mode is the boat chase from 'From Russia with Love'. Decent enough mode for big points, but kind of odd choice for a wizard mode, almost feels like a normal villain/hench mode

I was a little surprised to see the description of the wiz mode as a single ball hurry up type mode. Seemed to be more of a Q mode based on the description.

1 week later
#8818 9 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Sadly with them limiting it to 500 they will be all over the market place soon at silly prices and the usual excuses. “I just realized it won’t fit with my low ceilings…my wife said it has to go or I do…etc”

I thought they were limited to 1000

#8831 9 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm assuming the topper doesn't do anything considering the price compared to other toppers?

I have one on the 60th and it looks great. Light show on the 60th is really well integrated. That said, both games play great and I don’t really pay attention to the toppers. To me toppers mainly add for any spectators.

2 weeks later
#9271 9 months ago

Has anyone replaced the upper loop switch with an MRS? Super frustrating to have that not registering sometimes.

#9368 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are the new Bond toppers shipping yet?

Received shipping confirmation from distro, but just shows as label printed. I'm guessing by the end of the week for mine.

#9433 8 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

You can farm huge points from this mode if you time a good playfield x going into it. I think its one of the more forgiving spectre modes timewise. Just get to know the shot sequences as it helps to plan ahead with these.

Can’t see wasting multipliers on this mode. I actually did it with 4x the other night and the points weren’t that great.

#9537 8 months ago

Can never have too many toppers…I guess.

6D4CBEF9-7ED0-4B81-874C-EF1DCCABAAD2 (resized).jpeg6D4CBEF9-7ED0-4B81-874C-EF1DCCABAAD2 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#10231 8 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Worth mentioning that Gottlieb's James Bond technically is a Roger Moore Pin. It Has artworks in it from Moonraker (Jaws behind Bond, Drax with Astronauts), The Spy Who Loved Me (Wet Nellie) and The Man with the Golden Gun (Moore facing Scaramanga). I do believe perhaps in the next 10 years, when the next anniversary comes around, perhaps they will decide to make another Bond Pin, but who knows? At that time, we will already have at least 3 movies with a new Actor playing the part. It would be cool as you mentioned could be Gomez's last design, a really worthy farewell for him.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have never looked closely at the Gottlieb Bond pf until now. It looks like a real dog.

#10376 7 months ago

What's all this talk about the spinner lighting the Q branch modes? Shots to the two scoops light the Q branch. Or am I missing something?

2 weeks later
#10742 7 months ago

I can't see additional bond girls happening at this point. Kind of sucks, but it is what it is.

#10769 7 months ago

Just my bet given there has been little focus through current code. Plus in the world we live in Stern is probably trying to avoid any appearance of objectification of women.

#10776 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Haha you keep brining that up as a reason. They literally have Honey Ryder on the translite.
Not everything boils down to the “Libs ruining everything”.

Didn't realize I ever brought it up. Additionally, I never made it political. I simply made note that objectifying women isn't as widely accepted as it was in the years when the early Bond films came out.

#10778 7 months ago

Personally, I would love to see some Bond girl clips...I just don't see it happening.

#10781 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Sorry, I meant that for Iceman, the person you quoted.

that makes sense!

#10961 7 months ago

Glad to see the update, but Levi is 100% right. The way they have structured the rules just doesn’t flow together and ends up being just a wood chopper. It’s weird to see them not even try to tie villains to henchmen to the Q branch modes. It’s a strange approach to me, but it is what it is. I how love the game shoots and I still have fun playing it. Don’t expect to see wiz modes for a long time given how you basically have to just keep grinding the right ramp. Just does’t fit the great flow the layout has.

#10968 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Being able to double up a Q mode with a villian or henchmen mode would be nice.

Or not be cock blocked out of a mb just because you fall in one of two scoops. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve had two mb ready to go then inadvertently start powerpack. Rarely finish that mode or time it out without draining.

1 week later
#11243 7 months ago

Really thought I was going to have my first massive game on Bond last night. Ball 1 with no eb was at 585 mill. The next too balls were basically house balls and I ended at 600 mill

#11265 6 months ago

Ramps, scoops, multipliers. It’s quite a story.

1 week later
#11437 6 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Well, finally got to see Chaos at Crab Key. Figures the reward for chopping wood is a GD reverse flipper mode.
I really hope they spare the final wizard for a bit and start putting the polish on. I need a reason to give a damn about any of these modes.
Also, if spectre weapons reward perks, I REALLY hope they have the sense to make the multi-shot ones reward partial perks on each shot. There's no way you're getting to fuss with like 8 shots for outer space hijack unless I either get a little something for each shot or two (maybe +5s ball save, bonus multiplier, spot a bond girl, I dunno). If it's finish or nothing it's have to be a dozen extra balls or gold coins spitting back outta the coin slots.

A reverse flipper mode seems much better suited to spectre mode.

#11439 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not a fan of reverse flipper modes myself. Lame novelty.
Doesn't even fit Bond, I don't remember any movies where he went "reverso."
But whatever. Don't have to love everything about a game!

Very true that we don't have to love everything about a game. I don't mind reverse flipper modes when used sparingly. Always get a kick of the one on Houdini.

As far as Bond goes, I'll always love the layout on Bond, but the choices on the rules are just odd to me. Such a great opportunity to tie the mini-wizard/movie modes to completing all of one color/movie. Instead we are chasing starting 6 henchmen/villains/etc. Tons of great modes, but how it's all mapped out doesn't make sense.

1 week later
#11570 6 months ago

It is Bond Day, so it would make sense for a code drop.

#11572 6 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Someone posted on Facebook an IC Badge for playing a game on Bond Day, but I guess it's only for the 60th anniversary pin. Boo!

I was surprised to see that badge is only on the 60th. Oh well, it's just a badge.

#11575 6 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Geez, so Stern says no badge for people slumming it on their cornerstone version?
True it’s not a big deal but still kind of an odd stiff arm to not have it for people on the cornerstone.

Completely different programmers, so I can see it not being on the cornerstone.

#11831 6 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

There needs to be some guardrails on these "smart missiles". The 7x is all ready a cheat button ballsave. A smart missile on the last shot of the Q multiball modes is now also a ballsave. Its now a game with effectively 8 balls on default setting. Its a bit ridiculous. I dont feel like getting to the 4 wizard mode is special anymore. The final wizard mode may change this by being in reach but it really shouldnt be for a player of my skill.
Some suggestions to reel in this smart missile insanity.
1) no smart missile award if you use a smart missile to complete the mode
2) One smart missile per mode
3) Cant use smart missiles on the last shot of mode (or at the very least the 4 Q multiballs)
4) smart missile isnt a complete anachronism but its not the best name. Something to do with ppk would be my preference also. oh well.
pile on the downvotes but this game isnt gonna be a respected classic if everybody and their dog can get to wizard mode on default settings. this is grade inflation only surpassed by the anathema that is getting to "save progress" on Venom. Wizard modes on respected games are like Run to the Hills, Last Man Standing or Escape Nublar. Mortals like me should need a miracle.

Disagree. The .97 update was big improvement in balancing out the difficulty. I'm not a great player by any means, but I wasn't even trying for wiz modes in Bond due to the structure. Smart missiles are great as is. Players can use them as they see fit. Last night I crossed a bill for the first time by being strategic with the missiles and the multipliers. It was a great game, but I was still 2 villains or 3 henchmen away from a wizard mode. If you want your game tougher, set it up tougher.

#11838 6 months ago

Been getting sensor failures more and more often on the Bond Women loop. Wasn't happening until about 20 games ago but now becoming common. Maybe the wire has bent a little over time? I'll inspect when I install the loop fix. Just putting a link here to anyone who might not know about it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1492-the-electric-playground-/09064-bond-girl-upper-loop-fix-aka-bond-loop-lid

I installed the cover to prevent the ball from hopping over. Still considering adding and MRS switch to it. I think that would make it 100%. Even with the cover I notice it missing occasionally, but it's probably 90% for me.

1 week later
#12023 6 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

100 percent agree with this. Do it exactly as CrazyLevi described. Someone on this forum had recommended the following product and I tried it and it works great. I can light Q mode now pretty much every decent game.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BXOGHY
Gord

I use this stuff on all my spinners.

#12078 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So I got the aforementioned “super lube”
You put just a tiny drop on each bracket and that should be good enough right?
I hope I put enough on we’ll see if it makes a difference!
How often do you guys usually re lube the spinner ? Every few months or when you notice it’s not spinning easy and fast?

Correct. One drop on the contact point at the end of each bracket. Wipe away any excess. I only do it when I shop games. Seems to last quite a while.

1 week later
#12215 5 months ago

Agree. Anything they can do to keep the ball out of the pops on Bond is a good move. The ball spending a lot of time in the pops and the two scoops is really the only complaint I have on the layout. Each of those just slows the gameplay down a lot.

1 month later
#12684 4 months ago

Two Rushmores, IMO. The one with the old games and any new that are the greatest. Then the four favs I have now.
All-time Rushmore: Adam’s Family, Twilight Zone, Medieval Madness, Godzilla (stern)
My four favs: Bond, Monster Bash, Godzilla, AIQ

AIQ is so underrated. Love that game. Bond has definitely become one of my all time favorites. Finally hit the super jackpot during Jetpack when you have to control bond on a wand. Pretty challenging but man what a great use of a mech.

1 week later
#13083 4 months ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I know some people are really into insider connected and like to collect virtual badges but I’m wondering if that move to create an event by Stern is because the product is loosing momentum.
I was just browsing and looked into some achievements on today’s date.
At the beginning of the year people who played at least 5 games were 78905 users. October 2023-10-06 only 6249 users had the 2nd anniversary badge.
Maybe i'm reading it wrong but it seems the badge has been out for more than 2 months and they only have 6249 users. That's really not many users.[quoted image][quoted image]

This is an apples an oranges comparison. Users who have played 5 games is very easy. The 2 year badge required playing on the one specific day.

#13102 4 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Rumor on the street***. Next code will have a penalty for the Scuba wire form mod. Supposedly if the left inner lane triggers a second after the scuba VUK, flippers die.
J/K but y’all better hope that doesn’t happen.

This would be hilarious

#13235 3 months ago

Bond women and add a ball...looks like it will in fact be a merry christmas!

2 weeks later
#13641 3 months ago

2024= 60th anniversary of Goldfinger. Based on Gomez latest comments, I would expect a Goldfinger Anniversary edition run in 2024.

#13643 3 months ago

Time will tell. The bond launch was so terrible that it has taken a year for the boarder public to figure out it’s a hell of a game. The biggest hurdle I can think of would be getting cleared by MGM. They seemed to be highly restrictive with the license.

3 weeks later
#14081 78 days ago

Pretty sure Gomez talked about the bounce outs and said they had a larger piece of foam there but it led to the ball spending way too much time in the scoop.

#14108 77 days ago

Yeah. And he has a point. The ball does bounce into that left eject a lot. And it halts game flow with all the animations, etc.
My gripe is that the ball bounces in by accident, but bounces out when you deliberately shoot into it. That’s why I put an extra pad in there.

I typically hold the left flipper up, then drop it as the ball enters that area to help stop the momentum. Really seems to make shots into that area stick. The key though (for me at least) seems to be having a shot dead on the rubber in the upper corner of the area.

1 week later
#14261 70 days ago

I like Elvira a lot. It definitely has great code, excellent level of camp (the b horror movies are hilarious). All that said, I do think bond is a better game. The layout in bond is so good. Definitely clunkier than Elvira, but Elvira’s fan is so smooth it’s often too easy. Drop catch off the orbit. Shoot it up the middle. Over and over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justeverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=justeverett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.