IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 309.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

On a related note, I have put in about 100 games now, and have hardly ever finished a mode. I'm guessing the "hit all the shots" ones are placeholders, but the other ones can be kind of rough, even now that I'm getting the shots down, since I still haven't found great ways to setup some of the shots and it makes those timers rough. And inevitably if I'm looking good to complete one, I start a damn multiball and cancel it out - they really need to hurry up and at least code in "no multiball while mode is running" until they work out stacking.
The speed of that roaming shot on Dent feels way too quick to me, but maybe I just suck and need to git good, as they say

I find Blofeld to currently be the easiest to complete. Just keep hitting drops over and over.

#1052 1 year ago

How many of you purchased a Gomez 007 today after waiting for the 60th to drop?

#1053 1 year ago

I had a little FOMO on the SLE but now Im Happy with My LE.Glad I got what I have.Of course There is more subject matter to work with and it should be fun but Im pretty Happy with ole Seannery

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I find Blofeld to currently be the easiest to complete. Just keep hitting drops over and over.

Yeah, it'll be easier once I get my drops to brick less on hard shots. I tried shortening the springs last night, helped a bit but may just need stronger ones.

It's a pretty lame excuse for a mode right now too. I'm guessing they'll dress most of them up on the way to 1.0, but right now most of them seem pretty uninspired. Dent is kinda cool with the roving shot, but like I said, right now it moves crazy fast IMO. Almost finished it for the first time last night, but wasn't paying attention and started Bird one on the second to last shot, lol.

#1055 1 year ago

So, I haven't seen at 60th anniversary in person, but from the videos posted from Stern I am having a hard time understanding how it is NOT a downgrade from the LE version. No car eject seat and no ramps. It looks like play would get boring quickly as the challenging ramps make the game interesting. I also like the art on the LE better. I do like the old style mechanical scoring simulated display and the odd-job hat toy is kind of cool. Not sure about the screen in the playfield. With that said, I usually miss all of the screen displays anyway since I am following the ball. I am pretty sure I made the right choice with the LE.

#1056 1 year ago

Blofeld is the only mode I complete like 50%+ of the time. The others I feel like I time out. I'm sure I can adjust the timing on them in settings, but I'm generally pretty good at finishing modes on modern Stern's but this machine either has a lot more shots or it takes longer to set the ball up if you miss a full 7 shot combo etc.
Thanks for the info on the spectre targets. I'll try that later because in like 30 games it hasnt happened naturally once.
Scoring is kind of funny. I have a few 800M+ games and I feel like 200-300M of those points are from 20M pop bumper bonuses.
Accidentally starting a MB right before completing a mode because that shot is required in the mode has made me not want to play it until the code is updated tho.

Quoted from thekaiser82:

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

How many of you purchased a Gomez 007 today after waiting for the 60th to drop?

I have the Gomez 007 and also picked up a 60th yesterday. I think they’ll both be a lot of fun in different ways. I don’t think I would have wanted the 60th in a smaller collection or a collection that was already heavy on single level or ‘80s machines but with what I have it should fit in. I like fast tough games and I like Elwin’s games so I’m really looking forward to playing it. The multi-ball cancelling modes is a real pain right now on the Gomez 007 along with modes mostly feeling like “shoot every shot” but it’s still fun as is, just need to adjust my upper flipper because that henchman ramp is really tough and is needed so often.

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I have the Gomez 007 and also picked up a 60th yesterday. I think they’ll both be a lot of fun in different ways. I don’t think I would have wanted the 60th in a smaller collection or a collection that was already heavy on single level or ‘80s machines but with what I have it should fit in. I like fast tough games and I like Elwin’s games so I’m really looking forward to playing it. The multi-ball cancelling modes is a real pain right now on the Gomez 007 along with modes mostly feeling like “shoot every shot” but it’s still fun as is, just need to adjust my upper flipper because that henchman ramp is really tough and is needed so often.

Congrats! Elwin game looks like tons of fun.

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

If you like spinners and I do the 60th has 4 I think and the possibilities for Soundtrack are pretty amazing.

#1060 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

the possibilities for Soundtrack are pretty amazing.

I don't mean to crap on the 60th game (it's a nice playfield) but they have not said (or shown) anything about the music in the game. The 60th flyer says nothing about music, audio or video clips in that game. Compare that to the Pro/Pre/LE flyers that say "Film footage and iconic music from the films that built the 007 legend." I think Gomez said there are going to be 10 songs in the cornerstone game. For the 60th, who knows? Strange way to try to sell a game.

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I don't mean to crap on the 60th game (it's a nice playfield) but they have not said (or shown) anything about the music in the game. The 60th flyer says nothing about music, audio or video clips in that game. Compare that to the Pro/Pre/LE flyers that say "Film footage and iconic music from the films that built the 007 legend." I think Gomez said there are going to be 10 songs in the cornerstone game. For the 60th, who knows? Strange way to try to sell a game.

I agree that info is lacking, but I never expected a lot of video clips in this one with only a playfield screen (and I don’t know that I’d want a lot in this kind of game). Music on the other hand would be great but as you said there really hasn’t been any info on that.

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I agree that info is lacking, but I never expected a lot of video clips in this one with only a playfield screen (and I don’t know that I’d want a lot in this kind of game). Music on the other hand would be great but as you said there really hasn’t been any info on that.

If you like it that’s all that matters

#1063 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I'Ve had the LE for about two weeks and just bought the 60Th yesterday. My first pinball purchases. I'm very happy with the LE so far.

Quoted from glasairpilot:

So, I haven't seen at 60th anniversary in person, but from the videos posted from Stern I am having a hard time understanding how it is NOT a downgrade from the LE version. No car eject seat and no ramps. It looks like play would get boring quickly as the challenging ramps make the game interesting. I also like the art on the LE better. I do like the old style mechanical scoring simulated display and the odd-job hat toy is kind of cool. Not sure about the screen in the playfield. With that said, I usually miss all of the screen displays anyway since I am following the ball. I am pretty sure I made the right choice with the LE.

Quoted from zucot:

I think this is a bug in the test only. My jetpack works fine during gameplay

Wait until you have a ball search start. Jetpack figure goes humpin the rocket and won't return to home position. Stern knows about this. Also calibration always says range error fail, or something like that. Works other than that. Just turn the game off and manually put it back in the correct position and restart the game. Or turn off jetpack in the menu until it's fixed in code. I have also noticed if you mash on the flipper buttons while one or more balls are locked and its loading another it will release them prematurely (when less than three total it even releases them). This happens more so in multiplayer games. I have seen it in single player games too though.

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I'd be interested to see the specter version with "start" in orange. Was thinking about that next time I'm ordering.

Hot off the printer, here ya go!

20230104_230157 (resized).jpg20230104_230157 (resized).jpg
#1065 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hot off the printer, here ya go![quoted image]

What does the toggle switch below the start button do?

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Volume control mod

#1067 1 year ago

Just talked to Melissa at CT . James Bond LE is on the way ! Will be alongside the GZ premium and AIQ Pro ! How lucky can a guy be !!!

#1068 1 year ago

James Bond Premium, got too excited there

#1069 1 year ago

My distributor’s shipper is quick. He shipped it this morning. It gets here tomorrow

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Volume control mod

Where did you get that volume control please?

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I'Ve had the LE for about two weeks and just bought the 60Th yesterday. My first pinball purchases. I'm very happy with the LE so far.

Wait until you have a ball search start. Jetpack figure goes humpin the rocket and won't return to home position. Stern knows about this. Also calibration always says range error fail, or something like that. Works other than that. Just turn the game off and manually put it back in the correct position and restart the game. Or turn off jetpack in the menu until it's fixed in code. I have also noticed if you mash on the flipper buttons while one or more balls are locked and its loading another it will release them prematurely (when less than three total it even releases them). This happens more so in multiplayer games. I have seen it in single player games too though.

Comgrats! Welcome to owning Pinball machines.. Lots of fun guatanteed!

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hot off the printer, here ya go![quoted image]

Oh, that is sharp.

GamerRick pretty sure it's this one : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1430-pr-mods/07205-stern-pinball-cabinet-volume-switch-for-spike2-games

Those are my wife's favorite mod. Keeps me in check

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Sorry I was offline for a bit (working on a different mod lol) ... the other folks are correct, that's a volume switch from PR Mods. Bought a couple on Black Friday, as I really liked the idea of not having to open the door to make volume adjustments. Installation was very easy, so I had my kids do one each (with supervision) for good tinkering practice. Definitely recommend! Great communication from @Skeets, simple instructions, and excellent price for a useful product.

#1074 1 year ago

My LE is arriving Friday. A bit disappointing on the number of issues/tweaks required out of the box. Oh well, that’s pinball… I guess.

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

My LE is arriving Friday. A bit disappointing on the number of issues/tweaks required out of the box. Oh well, that’s pinball… I guess.

Meh, as pinball goes this isn't bad other than the lack of code yet. Much better than rush out of the box.

I am definitely getting missed triggers on the bond girl loop though, fast shots only. Not too frequent. MRS will likely fix it, though I worry that could have it's own issues with the jetpack magnet waving around. Will try it out this weekend though. Definitely some other options to fix it based on what worked for that issue on Rush if the MRS turns out problematic.

#1076 1 year ago

My LE is shipping out today. I opted to choose pickup from the terminal so hoping for Monday or Tuesday.

#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Meh, as pinball goes this isn't bad other than the lack of code yet. Much better than rush out of the box.
I am definitely getting missed triggers on the bond girl loop though, fast shots only. Not too frequent. MRS will likely fix it, though I worry that could have it's own issues with the jetpack magnet waving around. Will try it out this weekend though. Definitely some other options to fix it based on what worked for that issue on Rush if the MRS turns out problematic.

I think I was getting missed triggers as well on the Bond girl loop and also the villain ramp.

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

SLE has the Moby remix bond theme, thats the only song I know for sure in that game. More music is coming for Gomez bond although I think he said no Goldfinger song which is a shame.

Don't feel bad if you're not completing modes, I'm a decent player and I've only completed modes a handful of times and I have several games over 500 mil right now. (not an owner btw just play on location a lot)

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

SLE has the Moby remix bond theme, thats the only song I know for sure in that game. More music is coming for Gomez bond although I think he said no Goldfinger song which is a shame.
Don't feel bad if you're not completing modes, I'm a decent player and I've only completed modes a handful of times and I have several games over 500 mil right now. (not an owner btw just play on location a lot)

Do these games have the ability to stream songs from an external source? Sad that Goldfinger won't be in the code, but we could get a little Dame Shirley Bassett jamming on the side.

#1080 1 year ago

I thought GG said Diamonds are forever was also not licensed. There were 2 songs for sure of the 6.

Quoted from Haymaker:

#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I thought GG said Diamonds are forever was also not licensed. There were 2 songs for sure of the 6.

Both from the same artist, so that makes sense. Too bad.

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from serranot:Do these games have the ability to stream songs from an external source? Sad that Goldfinger won't be in the code, but we could get a little Dame Shirley Bassett jamming on the side.

Thunderball by Tom Jones was another that was untouchable. GG did say 10 tracks so I’m guessing lots of John Barry stuff.

#1083 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thunderball by Tom Jones was another that was untouchable. GG did say 10 tracks so I’m guessing lots of John Barry stuff.

Thats a big miss

#1084 1 year ago

Yes I think you're right about that. Which is also a shame because those are the 2 best songs. No Thunderball either? Dang. I wonder if theres something that would stop them from doing covers or instrumentals of those songs?

#1085 1 year ago

Shipping delay on my Bond, it was supposed to be here yesterday. Now no idea when it will be here? I wouldn’t be so bummed but CRST was supposed to deliver another pin to me a month ago and they keep pushing me back. I’m in Freight hell.

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thats a big miss

Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes I think you're right about that. Which is also a shame because those are the 2 best songs. No Thunderball either? Dang. I wonder if theres something that would stop them from doing covers or instrumentals of those songs?

Good news is what GG eluded to in his podcast about these not being in the game.

#1087 1 year ago

I went back to the Stern James Bond release video with Jack Danger and GG said Goldfinger and Thunderball were not licensed because they were too expensive. I misremembered Diamonds are Forever, so is there still a chance for that one albeit from the same artist?. Maybe not.
Guess 3 title songs and some original music mixed in is what we'll get. There was mention of 10 total music tracks.

I thought perhaps they were saving all the music for the SLE but it doesn't appear that's going have much if any music either. Oh well. Licensing is hard.

Quoted from Haymaker:

#1088 1 year ago

I went back to the Stern James Bond release video with Jack Danger and GG said Goldfinger and Thunderball were not licensed because they were too expensive. I misremembered Diamonds are Forever, so is there still a chance for that one albeit from the same artist?. Maybe not.
Guess 3 title songs and some original music mixed in is what we'll get. There was mention of 10 total music tracks.
I thought perhaps they were saving all the music for the SLE but it doesn't appear that's going have much if any music either. Oh well. Licensing is hard.

Did you hear the part where he said he’s sure we will figure a way to get them in? As long as there is a song there for that mode it can happen!

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:I misremembered Diamonds are Forever, so is there still a chance for that one albeit from the same artist?. Maybe not.

Now that you mention this I recall GG saying one of the Shirley Bassey songs was available to use and must be Diamonds as he specifically said Goldfinger was $$$$$.

#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you hear the part where he said he’s sure we will figure a way to get them in? As long as there is a song there for that mode it can happen!

Those 2 songs would have been so nice to have.Its like no Stairway in Zeppelin or worse.

#1091 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Those 2 songs would have been so nice to have.Its like no Stairway in Zeppelin or worse.

Probably worse as they used 10 great Zepp songs and can’t really complain, always want more though.

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The modes are pretty much unfinisheable, between the short times and the multiballs popping up and clock blocking the modes currently.

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I think I was getting missed triggers as well on the Bond girl loop and also the villain ramp.

Yeah, I'd bet a nickel the ball is riding up the loop wall and missing the trigger. That's what was going on with rush. Nearly impossible to test in that location though, since you can't really see that area unless you remove the ramp or something. MRS would fix it, if the jetpack magnet doesn't cause problems. If not, likely someone needs to make a plastic lid to go over the loop and keep the ball settled...worked for Rush.

Haven't seen any issues with the villain ramp, but will keep an eye out. I don't always notice the triggers/call outs unless I'm looking for them.

#1094 1 year ago

My Bond Premium arrived at MI Pinball Refinery for upgrading today!

Bond Premium (resized).jpegBond Premium (resized).jpeg

#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Nice. What are they going to do? Please post photos after.

#1096 1 year ago

Quoted from Grantman:

Nice. What are they going to do? Please post photos after.

They're going to remove the display in the speaker panel and replace it with a set of score reels, then remove some mechs and ramps from the playfield and add a tiny LCD to provide instructions for novice players. It should turn out to be quite collectible.

#1097 1 year ago

[quoted image]

This should be great. Please post some pictures after. Always loved their work.

#1098 1 year ago

Premium arrived this afternoon! Got it set up in the office for now. Definitely pleased with overall package. It’s no LE as far as backglass, but I do dig it. I’m definitely gonna be impatient with the early code, but I know updates are coming and this thing will no doubt be an elite pin down the road. Time to dial this thing in. Cheers!

BDC579DA-4109-4672-8ED8-FBFED2956FF6 (resized).jpegBDC579DA-4109-4672-8ED8-FBFED2956FF6 (resized).jpeg647AA8A9-67C0-4EC5-9E3A-FAF664A2211D (resized).jpeg647AA8A9-67C0-4EC5-9E3A-FAF664A2211D (resized).jpegEA232413-26B7-4182-8DE0-A1A5AC2F90A2 (resized).jpegEA232413-26B7-4182-8DE0-A1A5AC2F90A2 (resized).jpegB5B8FC78-B0F5-4D7C-A525-D29083368351 (resized).jpegB5B8FC78-B0F5-4D7C-A525-D29083368351 (resized).jpeg
#1099 1 year ago

I received notice that they are taking orders for the topper from the 60th to use on any 007. Cost you $1k.

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from tx51210:

I received notice that they are taking orders for the topper from the 60th to use on any 007. Cost you $1k.

That's FlipNOut right? They are offering 60th games for 1k less without the topper. Presumably to sell to other Bond owners. Will that even work?!?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.