IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 235.
#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have disassembled every assembly of my Indy and I never saw a sticker or something else on a bracket.
Maybe a bigger coil was used and to prevent against short circuit someone put a sticker between?

same here

#1852 6 years ago

Well it's in the manual. Look at number 9 "insulator" on both mechs

IMG_1186 (resized).PNGIMG_1186 (resized).PNG

IMG_1187 (resized).PNGIMG_1187 (resized).PNG

#1853 6 years ago

I don't like you much.

#1854 6 years ago

You're right, and I can see it in the picture in the drawing, but I didn't use it.
Before disassembling there was no sticker and I wonder about of what it's used for?
Maybe to reduce virbrations that damage the opto electronic?
Or just to reduce noise of coil stop?
I use small rubbers to reduce vibration of coil and balls at the card cage.

DSCN4295 (resized).JPGDSCN4295 (resized).JPG

#1855 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You're right, and I can see it in the picture in the drawing, but I didn't use it.
Before disassembling there was no sticker and I wonder about of what it's used for?
Maybe to reduce virbrations that damage the opto electronic?
Or just to reduce noise of coil stop?
I use small rubbers to reduce vibration of coil and balls at the card cage.

I wish I knew. I guess they are not really necessary? I'll put some mylar just to be on the safe side

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't like you much.

Janice does, that's all that matters.

And then again Brett does too!

#1857 6 years ago

Had a great game today. 2.2bil. Got to elmb and this time got half the poa lights. Then never got it up there again. My key this time was to get the first ball up there asap. While eternal life was on and before the other balls were blocking my shot. Someday...

This is another reason this game will never leave my collection.

#1858 6 years ago

Joined the club today, finally!

Anyone able to suggest or provide a link to some nice apron rule cards?

#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Joined the club today, finally!
Anyone able to suggest or provide a link to some nice apron rule cards?

here you go, scroll down to a few...
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/card/cardg.htm

#1860 6 years ago

hey guys quick question . I was looking closely at the playfield and it looks like the indy jones large pic has mylar over it ? or is it an overlay? its not over the little heads that surround it.. let me know if that's factory?

#1861 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

hey guys quick question . I was looking closely at the playfield and it looks like the indy jones large pic has mylar over it ? or is it an overlay? its not over the little heads that surround it.. let me know if that's factory?

Probably an overlay. That area is often worn and faded. Does not come with factory Mylar on Indy's face.

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Probably an overlay. That area is often worn and faded. Does not come with factory Mylar on Indy's face.

Thanks. I wasn't sure the area cuts thrugh all the little heads and matches perfectly. I didn't think an overlay would look that good.

#1863 6 years ago

If you take a closer look you will see small lines that mark the edge of a mylar protector.
Most Indys don't have a mylar in that area, but of course there are some specimen in the field.

#1865 6 years ago

Finally joining the club. So far highest score is 400,000

#1866 6 years ago

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having.

Could just be bulbs but not sure yet

My two green lights on ramps don't seem to light nor the yellow at rear of ruins.

Also left and right loop isn't lighting nor are the Outlane specials.

Are these all flashers and could they be tied together or is that unlikely?

All else seems to be working great so far!

Thanks

#1867 6 years ago

Guys - I need your opinion on something. I was just told reproduction PFs do not exist for IJ. Would like to confirm - see below.

I recently sold my really nice IJ to a pinsider here. During the sale he insisted the PF was not original. He even had a webpage where it's circled (repro vs prod). He showed me on the left hand apron (used his phone's flashlight) that there were numbers printed in a line and I saw that one had purple around it. He said that those numbers were not on the original (talked about slightly diff colors). To me it looked great and I had no idea that a repro even existed. Ultimately, I ended up reducing price b/c of it (450). Not huge amount and he drove 4 hrs so wanted to be a good seller since he seemed disappointed by it.

Now I could have stayed with the same price and said forget it but if that story was all BS, I would like to know. I have checked other PFs during that day and didn't see these numbers either so now I'm really curious what's going on. I'm not mentioning any names as I'm not accusing anyone of anything yet - just want to get the facts straight. I know that the machine was upgraded by previous seller (found out nice decals were on, chrome everything, etc).

Edit - no longer happy with price now that I know this. wow.

Thoughts?

#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - I need your opinion on something. I was just told reproduction PFs do not exist for IJ. Would like to confirm - see below.
I recently sold my really nice IJ to a pinsider here. During the sale he insisted the PF was not original. He even had a webpage where it's circled (repro vs prod). He showed me on the left hand apron (used his phone's flashlight) that there were numbers printed in a line and I saw that one had purple around it. He said that those numbers were not on the original (talked about slightly diff colors). To me it looked great and I had no idea that a repro even existed. Ultimately, I ended up reducing price b/c of it (450). Not huge amount and he drove 4 hrs so wanted to be a good seller since he seemed disappointed by it.
Now I could have stayed with the same price and said forget it but if that story was all BS, I would like to know. I'm still happy with price but now I'm curious. I have checked other PFs during that day and didn't see these numbers either so now I'm really curious what's going on. I'm not mentioning any names as I'm not accusing anyone of anything yet - just want to get the facts straight. I know that the machine was upgraded by previous seller (found out nice decals were on, chrome everything, etc).
Thoughts?

I'm almost sure repro playfields were never done for IJ. You probably had a different playfield put in your machine with a serial number that didn't match the game. Who cares? HEP put in a NOS playfield in my machine during the resto. He asked me first because he said some people care about the matching numbers. To me that's ridiculous. I care about having an amazing game.

I could be wrong, but my opinion is that the buyer hosed you for 450. If he didn't like the mismatched numbers it wasn't the machine for him. Top 5 games restored with Mirco playfields don't lose value because of the playfield...they gain value because they look brand new.

#1869 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to turn off the knocker? And is it hard to find a nos or a nicer quality replacement playfield. My playfield is nowhere near bad but im planning on doing a full restore at some point

#1870 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone know how to turn off the knocker? And is it hard to find a nos or a nicer quality replacement playfield. My playfield is nowhere near bad but im planning on doing a full restore at some point

Unplug the knocker in the backbox. Not sure why you'd want to do that, though...IJ has one of the coolest replay effects when the cracking whip animation is synced with the knocker.

NOS playfields are almost impossible to come by, and the one I got installed cost me more than many machines. But I have problems, obviously.

#1871 6 years ago

Flash!!
Some new members to club.
There has never ever been a reproduction playfield! Flat out, never!
The licencing along would start this playfield at $2000 plus if they did.
It would involve 4 major studies at this point.
8 cast members , both living and dead.
PPS authorized Williams Bally rights holder.
So we all can dream, but it would be time wasted.
Ive dealt a with licencing now for 2 of my businesses first hand. The time involved is very daunting just for a playfield part with no characters images involved.

#1872 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Unplug the knocker in the backbox. Not sure why you'd want to do that, though...IJ has one of the coolest replay effects when the cracking whip animation is synced with the knocker.
NOS playfields are almost impossible to come by, and the one I got installed cost me more than many machines. But I have problems, obviously.

Ive had the knocker turned off in every pinball ive had.

#1873 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Ive had the knocker turned off in every pinball ive had.

Sucks to be you...I live for knockers.

Gotta be in the menu somewhere, then. Now you're going to go make me look....

Okay...looked in the manual and in the menu. There's nothing there. That's because they want you to experience the brilliance of there programming when the knocker fires. It's just a little bit of awesome.

#1874 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Flash!!
Some new members to club.
There has never ever been a reproduction playfield! Flat out, never!
The licencing along would start this playfield at $2000 plus if they did.
It would involve 4 major studies at this point.
8 cast members , both living and dead.
PPS authorized Williams Bally rights holder.
So we all can dream, but it would be time wasted.
Ive dealt a with licencing now for 2 of my businesses first hand. The time involved is very daunting just for a playfield part with no characters images involved.

Ok well good to new. This guy def said it was a repro. Wow.

#1875 6 years ago

Official there are no playfield reproductions for IJ, but you can get very good playfield from a guy in Hungary.
Sometimes these playfields are offered on Ebay!
I saw this playfield more than once and it's really very very good work in silk screen printing!
A typical attitude to identify these playfields are the repetitive serial number that is often the same.

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I recently sold my really nice IJ to a pinsider here.

In the clubs for only 3 months, that was quick.

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

In the clubs for only 3 months, that was quick.

Thought it was a little longer but I always mix things up (have two pins). Got the WOZ bug!

#1878 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thought it was a little longer but I always mix things up (have two pins). Got the WOZ bug!

I've heard that doesn't last much longer than the flu.

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I've heard that doesn't last much longer than the flu.

well second time around as I had the itch. That game really is impressive. Will prob stick around longer than first time

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm almost sure repro playfields were never done for IJ. You probably had a different playfield put in your machine with a serial number that didn't match the game. Who cares? HEP put in a NOS playfield in my machine during the resto. He asked me first because he said some people care about the matching numbers. To me that's ridiculous. I care about having an amazing game.
I could be wrong, but my opinion is that the buyer hosed you for 450. If he didn't like the mismatched numbers it wasn't the machine for him. Top 5 games restored with Mirco playfields don't lose value because of the playfield...they gain value because they look brand new.

Agreed...I think you got hosed for $450. In fact if they had made a repo playfield it would only increase the value. Not too many pins out there with repo playfields installed that are worth much less than similar condition originals.

So...now that we know they didn't make repo playfields for IJ are you going to get you money back? If not can you PM me who you dealt with so I know who to be wary of?

#1881 6 years ago

I'm really glad you mentioned that. I have every intention on exposing this person on this website by making a topic so others are not taken advantage of like me (he went so far as to say that I should have been more upfront on my ad about this and shook his head). However I also understand we all make mistakes so I've reached out via text and PM to allow him to make up for it and pay me additional cash. Rethinking the math I went down 575. I've asked him give me 400.

If he doesn't correct this, I will happily inform everyone else as no one else should go through this BS. I just want to give him a second chance. He has until end of week.

#1882 6 years ago

He had a site that showed it. Any idea which website that was?

#1883 6 years ago

I thought he mentioned planetary pinball or something like that. He just quick showed me the pics. Didn't realize it was a play.....

#1884 6 years ago

He cheated Dr. jones.......I could only find a comparison of playfields on Ukvac.com which showed the differences between an early prototype and the final version. There seems to be three versions of the playfield. The proto with Sulla and Dad, the one with different colors in the had and the final one most of us have.

#1885 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

He cheated Dr. jones.......I could only find a comparison of playfields on Ukvac.com which showed the differences between an early prototype and the final version. There seems to be three versions of the playfield. The proto with Sulla and Dad, the one with different colors in the had and the final one most of us have.

the one with different colors in the hat - that's sounds like it to me. He pointed to mine and said look - repro.

What's great is that he's on these boards everyday and see my message. I'll give him until Friday and then it's all out there. And I plan on bumping the topic throughout the year so others know who he is. Unbeliv.

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the one with different colors in the hat - that's sounds like it to me. He pointed to mine and said look - repro.
What's great is that he's on these boards everyday and see my message. I'll give him until Friday and then it's all out there. And I plan on bumping the topic throughout the year so others know who he is. Unbeliv.

and for.... $450.

#1887 6 years ago

Just got my custom painted planes installed.
Fit in nicely with the painted ruins.
Just waiting on my Black Nickle gun,and idol to come back.
Then need to put on the brass trim,call her done

IMG_3008 (resized).JPGIMG_3008 (resized).JPG

IMG_3009 (resized).JPGIMG_3009 (resized).JPG

IMG_3011 (resized).JPGIMG_3011 (resized).JPG

#1888 6 years ago

Im joining the club at the end of july when I should be getting delivery of my fully restored game. Super excited. I had one before that I let go way too soon. I plan on holding on to this beauty excellent game. Thanks to Stephen for his awesome restoration

e1c8e3f5aa70fbfbfad5ef0189ccf5b7a0e4ed5d (resized).jpge1c8e3f5aa70fbfbfad5ef0189ccf5b7a0e4ed5d (resized).jpg

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Im joining the club at the end of july when I should be getting delivery of my fully restored game. Super excited. I had one before that I let go way too soon. I plan on holding on to this beauty excellent game. Thanks to Stephen for his awesome restoration

glad to hear you're joining the club again and sold your LOTR!

Those pics above this post look awesome btw (custom paint job). Damn...nice look.

#1890 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Just got my custom painted planes installed.
Fit in nicely with the painted ruins.
Just waiting on my Black Nickle gun,and idol to come back.
Then need to put on the brass trim,call her done

Dude!!! That looks sick!!! Who painted them? How did you incorporate Dr. Jones?

#1891 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Dude!!! That looks sick!!! Who painted them? How did you incorporate Dr. Jones?

spinny-vinny on here painted them up for me,he found the figure for the plane as well.
He does custom painting or shooter rods,custom made pinball parts.

#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

spinny-vinny on here painted them up for me,he found the figure for the plane as well.

I want to do the same to my planes. Is that just like the movie?

#1893 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I want to do the same to my planes. Is that just like the movie?

As close as he could get,minor changes I think.
Way better then the original planes for sure.

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

As close as he could get,minor changes I think.
Way better then the original planes for sure.

That's for sure!

#1895 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Can someone scan that figure for 3d printing?

#1896 6 years ago

Are the planes painted or decals?

#1897 6 years ago

Well I have been patiently waiting for a solid IJ to come up near me and one finally did going to pick it up today! Really excited I'm a huge Indy fan and it's such a great theme

#1898 6 years ago

I have 2 quick questions. My indy when playing seems to be randomly adding players. Example i play 2 person a lot and when player 2 finishes a 3rd and 4th player seem to have been added. 2nd we were playing one game and found that game had basically restarted(ball 1 0 scores) . Are we pressing something we shouldnt or is there something wrong with the machine?

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I have 2 quick questions. My indy when playing seems to be randomly adding players. Example i play 2 person a lot and when player 2 finishes a 3rd and 4th player seem to have been added. 2nd we were playing one game and found that game had basically restarted(ball 1 0 scores) . Are we pressing something we shouldnt or is there something wrong with the machine?

You would think it's a flaky start switch that's adding players; it's probably not, though.

When I had this problem, it was a crunched diode on a switch on the path of adventure...bottom right switch, I think it was. It sits right above the mode hole and gets squashed against the switch, creating a short that creates the problems you're describing.

See if you can take a look under there to see if that's the problem. If so, you just have to straighten all that stuff out and you should be good to go.

Otherwise...yeah - it's a flaky start button.

#1900 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Can someone scan that figure for 3d printing?

Not sure,he painted the guy to look like him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/38?hl=fremen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.