Topic Stats

• 4,835 posts
  • 398 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Energyspike
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,599 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

917ECE83-3109-4225-AEE9-84C480CB0C08 (resized).jpeg
46914232-1815-40BB-9333-951DCCC48D73 (resized).jpeg
90CEF4CF-B0BE-4D53-81DE-CC077AE98A52 (resized).jpeg
A267B015-A397-473C-972F-F5BC78F15A05 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4928 (resized).JPG
DSCN4924 (resized).JPG
F31487F9-02AD-4737-B2A3-AB998BA7D075 (resized).jpeg
53A4A204-328D-46E2-B5D5-AA7C42AAC962 (resized).jpeg
CCCAA565-3D31-4435-A8E5-995C2FDEF470 (resized).jpeg
E84F67CD-4DB5-49C8-9E0B-2070B4E339A1 (resized).jpeg
40CB038B-2C28-40D1-B42B-33F8E983F435 (resized).jpeg
821AD53A-1D2B-4FB1-8EC6-3BD538802C40 (resized).jpeg
3AEC8BA3-3787-4F03-A4EE-5A774FC4E4C1 (resized).jpeg
9930169A-8F2B-4C8F-9BEF-79EF26A4A991 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4778 (resized).JPG
DSCN4780 (resized).JPG

There are 4835 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 97.
#2051 2 years ago

Don't know what to make of this but it says NY but the map shows CA. Wording in the ad is completely suspect, urgency is requested, new to Pinside, willing to ship, text only and no forum discussion. All scam categories checked, no?

[Ad embed: this ad was deleted]

#2052 2 years ago

Area code isnt CA or NY.
He has his phone number up. Call if interested. Beyond fair price.
720 is area code for Denver, Lakewood, Littleton, Boulder, Longmont, Aurora, Castle Rock and most of the Front Range. (GOOGLE)

#2053 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Don't know what to make of this but it says NY but the map shows CA. Wording in the ad is completely suspect, urgency is requested, new to Pinside, willing to ship, text only and no forum discussion. All scam categories checked, no?

Machine - For Sale
Indiana Jones: Williams Indiana Jones PinballNew!Home Used Only (HUO) “Williams Indiana Jones Pinball in great condition. LED kit, runaway mine cart mod, interactive topper.I am a new member to this site and I have listed all the three machines I have...”
3 hours ago New York, NY 4,500 (OBO)
jaemzsantiago

text him you can pick it up right away and can pay cash on pick up . and see what he says..

#2054 2 years ago

Is it possible to have Color DMD and the Jackpot light board at the same time? Care to show some pics? I'm in the middle of my restoration and would love to add this mod to my machine. Thanks!

#2055 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is it possible to have Color DMD and the Jackpot light board at the same time? Care to show some pics? I'm in the middle of my restoration and would love to add this mod to my machine. Thanks!

Maybe this helps:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-indy-jones-jackpot-lights-board

#2057 2 years ago

You're welcome. So you need a flat version, available here:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

You're welcome. So you need a flat version, available here:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824

Do you have any idea if I need a special speaker panel with cut outs or something? Thanks!

#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do you have any idea if I need a special speaker panel with cut outs or something? Thanks!

Exactly, you need a speaker panel with cutouts:
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=64&products_id=502

Out of stock... But normally you don't need this odd shape cut. Rounded rectangle cut will be also fine by local CNC shop.
Proto IJ has also rectangle shapes:

IJ jackpot (resized).jpg

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Machine - For Sale
Indiana Jones: Williams Indiana Jones PinballNew!Home Used Only (HUO) “Williams Indiana Jones Pinball in great condition. LED kit, runaway mine cart mod, interactive topper.I am a new member to this site and I have listed all the three machines I have...”
9 hours ago New York, NY 4,500 (OBO)
jaemzsantiago

He has used my exact words from my ad describing the installed mods!

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

He has used my exact words from my ad describing the installed mods!

No-no, Cliffy is not there

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/49430
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/52898

#2062 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Exactly, you need a speaker panel with cutouts:
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=64&products_id=502
Out of stock... But normally you don't need this odd shape cut. Rounded rectangle cut will be also fine by local CNC shop.
Proto IJ has also rectangle shapes:

Perfect! Thanks!!!

#2063 2 years ago

If you look at the pics...he doesn't even have the mods listed in the machine. I hope he doesn't report me!

#2064 2 years ago

Apper

Quoted from msj2222:If you look at the pics...he doesn't even have the mods listed in the machine. I hope he doesn't report me!

Appears the add is gone now.

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Perfect! Thanks!!!

I did the jackpot board myself. Just drew the three pictures on the wood. I took a pendulumsaw and took out the figures myself. The Colordmd Led version fits perfect.

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I did the jackpot board myself. Just drew the three pictures on the wood. I took a pendulumsaw and took out the figures myself. The Colordmd Led version fits perfect.

I got the regular LCD version. Hope I don't run into any problems. Where does the Jackpot light board connect to btw? I got 2 mods running (Color DMD, Ruins light mod) and taking up space on the driver board already. Thanks!

#2067 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I got the regular LCD version. Hope I don't run into any problems. Where does the Jackpot light board connect to btw? I got 2 mods running (Color DMD, Ruins light mod) and taking up space on the driver board already. Thanks!

you can look here in the middle of the page you have all the info.

http://www.pinballark.com/especial.html

and here is about the connection

http://www.pinballark.com/epanel.html

#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

you can look here in the middle of the page you have all the info.
http://www.pinballark.com/especial.html
and here is about the connection
http://www.pinballark.com/epanel.html

Thanks!!!

#2069 2 years ago

I got pinsound, colordmd and jackpot board running without problems.

#2070 2 years ago

Well, I made them and they are available to you. NO MORE AIRBALLS. These are laser cut to perfection and predrilled. Simply bolt on and you will NEVER have an air ball again.

$25 shipped for both pieces.

To order send regular paypal payment to mr_brandt@hotmail.com (underscore between "r" and "b" "mr_b...."). The link underline hides the underscore. Include your address and a reference ij airballs mod.

20170813_200603 (resized).jpg

20170813_200612 (resized).jpg

#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Well, I made them and they are available to you. NO MORE AIRBALLS. These are laser cut to perfection and predrilled. Simply bolt on and you will NEVER have an air ball again.
To order send regular paypal payment to mr_brandt@hotmail.com (underscore between "r" and "b" "mr_b...."). The link underline hides the underscore. Include your address and a reference ij airballs mod.

Are these in the marketplace?

#2072 2 years ago

Swastikas offend me.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Swastikas offend me.

They offend everyone!

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Are these in the marketplace?

Yes

#2075 2 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

They offend everyone!

So do airballs! Stop them!

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Howdy all. i purchased this airball mod from DJ about a month ago and it TOTALLY changed my game. i had rebuilt my flippers and could finally hit the right ramp but all of a sudden the violent airballs off the 3 bank and single target were there. It took me about 10 minutes to put in the 2 pieces and you really do not even notice they are there. I have easily played 100 games in the past month without a single airball.

#2077 2 years ago

djshakes this is amazing!! Just sent $$

#2078 2 years ago

All orders will ship the next day.

#2079 2 years ago

Hey guys, Where can I get those amazing illuminated drop targets!! Those are awesome

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey guys, Where can I get those amazing illuminated drop targets!! Those are awesome

TKDalumni makes them.

#2081 2 years ago

soulrider911, looking at your posts I wonder somethings. You bought, I think, almost an excellent IJ that has been in a time machine. The first thing you do is change almost all? I would say you change the rubbers, balls and give the playfield some TLC but for the rest, that machine looked brand new and would be far more worth in the state as it is without all the extra's and changes. I think you would be better of with a cheaper version of IJ that needed all these replacements.....but maybe I see it wrong....

#2082 2 years ago

peterg your right, I think the tendency is to go into "mod mode" as I think we can all fall victim to. Yes this Indy is amazing, and i want to keep it as original as possible.

When I purchased my INDY all I intended to do was the following

• Clear playfield and deep clean.. ✔DONE
• Add leds, ✔DONE
• New Balls and Rubbers, ✔DONE
• Add a brass kit, which I have..., ✔DONE <-Should I NOT install this? Really all it needs is new legs

Thanks for putting me in check, I think the airball protector is the one necessity, and exception.

#2083 2 years ago

peterg your right, I think the tendency is to go into "mod mode" as I think we can all fall victim to. Yes this Indy is amazing, and i want to keep it as original as possible.
When I purchased my INDY all I intended to do was the following
• Clear playfield and deep clean.. ✔DONE
• Add leds, ✔DONE
• New Balls and Rubbers, ✔DONE
• Add a brass kit, which I have..., ✔DONE <-Should I NOT install this? Really all it needs is new legs
Thanks for putting me in check, I think the airball protector is the one necessity, and exception.

Obviously I am biased because I sell them. However, this "MOD" isn't a toy. It serves a purpose. Airballs are a common issue with IJ. Game plays sucks with them and they can cause damage. Broken plastics, etc. For $25 you get to preserve the game and improve game play. No brainer. I would have sold my IJ by now if I didn't fix the mode hole and airballs. They practically ruin the game. It really is a must have compared to other mods.

In reference to the custom drop targets, it's a bolt on. You keep the OG stuff. It isn't going to hurt the value. When you sell it you have all the original stuff and you can put back to OG if you feel it should be marketed to a purist.

#2084 2 years ago

djshakes 100% agree, what did you find worked best for the mode hole? I ordered some dead drop foam and was going to modify the ball guide deflector>

#2085 2 years ago

djshakes 100% agree, what did you find worked best for the mode hole? I ordered some dead drop foam and was going to modify the ball guide deflector>

I tried modifying the deflector. I elongated the holes and bent it up. Worthless. Remove it completely. I then install the thick blue rubber bumper used on ramps directly behind the hole on the rail guide (see link). I installed regular foam on the rails on the side of the mode hole. It is recessed deep enough where you don't see the foam. After removing that stupid deflector and applying foam I can stick the hole 85-90% of the time.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=689

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I tried modifying the deflector. I elongated the holes and bent it up. Worthless. Remove it completely. I then install the thick blue rubber bumper used on ramps directly behind the hole on the rail guide (see link). I installed regular foam on the rails on the side of the mode hole. It is recessed deep enough where you don't see the foam. After removing that stupid deflector and applying foam I can stick the hole 85-90% of the time.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=689

Or use dead drop foam from Pinbits, which is what I've been telling people here for 2 years now...

#2087 2 years ago

The airballs are indeed something to protect your game against. I have not that much problems on my game. The one i get is the one that has been corrected in the code, the ones straight from the drop down target to the outlane, you get a ball save on that one. But play it first to see what is flying around. My GBLE has an air all protector too ensure nothing gets ruined.
The mode hole is a discussion. Some say it is a fault, others say it should not be 100%. I agree that it can be frustrated to shoot and it just comes out. Now I have a standard setup for that and I get about 85% hits. I would try the dead foam first if that would be an unsatisfying hit rate.
For the rest, it is your game but the IJ is such a beautiful machine already, it does not need that much glitter and glamour. Especially in a near mint condition as yours.

#2088 2 years ago

A majority of you should have or will be receiving your mod today. Let me know your thoughts.

#2089 2 years ago

Need the ball gate "Narrow escape" , lower right outlane from ball lock. Mine has always been a patch, gate from another game. Would sure love this part if someone has a spare please.
Thanks Eric

#2090 2 years ago

Does anyone have an extra mode hole plastic? My machine didn't have one. PM me.

#2091 2 years ago

FYI regarding airball mod. I was told that if you have the lost plastic it pushes pieces around the single drop target forward making installation difficult. If you have a lost plastic on your back board please specify and I will modify the single drop piece to accommodate.

$25 both pieces. mr_brandt@hotmail.com

20170813_200602_001 (resized).jpg
20170813_200553 (resized).jpg

#2092 2 years ago

djshakes shoot I just got mine, and yes I have the lost plastic, can I just sand it a bit? ALso thank you so much, question... I have not tried to install yet, but the plastic is super thick, do I need new hardware to attach?

#2093 2 years ago

djshakes shoot I just got mine, and yes I have the lost plastic, can I just sand it a bit? ALso thank you so much, question... I have not tried to install yet, but the plastic is super thick, do I need new hardware to attach?

No hardware necessary. The plastic isn't much thicker than stock pinball plastic. Here is what I would recommend if you have the lost plastic. See picture. Do you have a dremel tool? Just notch the screw holes. This way you don't have to take the nuts completely off either. You could also drill a hole in the center on the rear edge between the two holes to accommodate the wire ramp. You can see in the pic that a customer with the lost plastic sent me the wire ramp is just a tad too forward to allow the piece to drop on. You should be able to modify easily. Let me know if you can't do this or screw it up. I'll send you another that will work.

Post pics when you get it on.

I will ask any new buyers if they have the lost plastic and send one that will accommodate.

Again, all this is necessary only if you have the lost plastic backboard.

20170819_074716 (resized).jpg

Lost plastic (resized).jpg

#2094 2 years ago

Anybody here have Indy in a million pieces right now? I'm assembling mine and need help/have questions about one piece. PM me please. I'll rather not drag the thread with this particular issue. Thanks

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Anybody here have Indy in a million pieces right now? I'm assembling mine and need help/have questions about one piece. PM me please. I'll rather not drag the thread with this particular issue. Thanks

yes contact me i have over 2000 photos. just restore mine before few months

#2096 2 years ago

The mod is a good idea, but faulty in the area of the hidden ramp thru the lost treasure lane.
If a ball gets airborne it has so much energy that the plastic on the left and right will be damaged very soon.
You should modify the clear plastic on both sides, so the the ball couldn't reach the plastic!

#2097 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The mod is a good idea, but faulty in the area of the hidden ramp thru the lost treasure lane.
If a ball gets airborne it has so much energy that the plastic on the left and right will be damaged very soon.
You should modify the clear plastic on both sides, so the the ball couldn't reach the plastic!

"If a ball gets airbone"?? This mod will stop all airballs guaranteed. There is no if. I have used this mod (my prototype) for almost a year. No issues. If by some stroke of pure coincidence your mod breaks I will replace. It won't happen though.

No offense, but I put a lot of effort into getting these made and you throwing around the term "faulty" without using or owning is strong terminology that could taint potential buyers. So far, all that have purchased have been extremely happy. I stand by my product.

#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I disagree. i have played at least 150 games now with this mod and it is legit. I can honestly say that i do not think it will ever break. The plastic piece sits just above the drop targets so the ball really does not travel far before being knocked back down. it happens so fast that you really do not even notice that the ball even tried to get airborne.

#2099 2 years ago

Ok, I had the same idea last year when I started testing Indy in play.
I think I will think about it again in Winter... Indy needs some maintenance and then it's one job.
Hopefully this modification will work... good job.

#2100 2 years ago

Does anybody know why some ball guides on Indy have this super short riveted screws (or whatever they are called) vs some with longer ones? The short ones don't go all the way through the playfield making it impossible to secure them with a nut. Thanks!

IMG_2117 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 4835 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 97.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside