IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 234.
#1901 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are the planes painted or decals?

Painted

#1902 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

My indy when playing seems to be randomly adding players.

Look at the switch at the bottom right of the Path of Adventure. It's probably hit by a ball and shorting out. This is a common problem and causes random adding of extra players.

#1903 6 years ago
Quoted from cybermarco:

Look at the switch at the bottom right of the Path of Adventure. It's probably hit by a ball and shorting out. This is a common problem and causes random adding of extra players.

Good. I was right.

#1904 6 years ago
Quoted from cybermarco:

Is the switch up top behind the glass? Sorry I have no experience fixing stuff. Learning but no experience I have the manual

#1905 6 years ago

Bottom right lane rollover switch on the path of adventure. Problem is, the area you need to get to is on the underside of the mini playfield, which requires disassembly, I think. (It's been 2 years since I had to do this...can't quite remember.)

#1906 6 years ago

Spinny-Vinny here how can I help. I've been hanging around the Metallica section for a while making mods for them.

#1907 6 years ago

This was some IJ stuff I did

#1908 6 years ago

This was some IJ stuff I did

Quoted from pingod:Just got my custom painted planes installed.
Fit in nicely with the painted ruins.
Just waiting on my Black Nickle gun,and idol to come back.
Then need to put on the brass trim,call her done

#1909 6 years ago
Quoted from spinny-vinny:

Spinny-Vinny here how can I help. I've been hanging around the Metallica section for a while making mods for them.

Are you selling those planes you made or do we have to send ours in to you?

#1910 6 years ago

So excited to be part of the IJ club starting today. Picked up a serious diamond in the ruf, was in a climate controlled stirage for the last 23 years, truly an amazing find check out the inside, bad still stapled to the left

IMG_1734 (resized).JPGIMG_1734 (resized).JPG

IMG_1245 (resized).JPGIMG_1245 (resized).JPG

IMG_1237 (resized).JPGIMG_1237 (resized).JPG

IMG_1238 (resized).JPGIMG_1238 (resized).JPG

#1911 6 years ago

Getting my planes ready to have them painted. Need to remove the harness from the fighter plane. I have never done any soldering ( or desoldering for that matter) on any circuit board(s) before.

I really don't want to damage this tiny little guy. Is soldering on boards pretty much the same as soldering wire to wire or wire to lamp socket? Is there a risk of damaging the board? Is there a trick to this? Thanks!

IMG_1328 (resized).PNGIMG_1328 (resized).PNG

#1912 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

So excited to be part of the IJ club starting today. Picked up a serious diamond in the ruf, was in a climate controlled stirage for the last 23 years, truly an amazing find check out the inside, bad still stapled to the left

A quick glimpse of the playfield, looks like this was one of the last run production models.

#1913 6 years ago

THIS is the area where you get in trouble if the ball hits the switch.
Switch matrix then will get in confusion and adds more players during gameplay.

I Just build a small bracket to protect the switch and it works.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#1914 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Getting my planes ready to have them painted. Need to remove the harness from the fighter plane. I have never done any soldering ( or desoldering for that matter) on any circuit board(s) before.
I really don't want to damage this tiny little guy. Is soldering on boards pretty much the same as soldering wire to wire or wire to lamp socket? Is there a risk of damaging the board? Is there a trick to this? Thanks!

Leave it attached,I did on mine.
Vince just tapes the wires out of the way.

#1915 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are you selling those planes you made or do we have to send ours in to you?

Need to send yours,leave the wires attached.

#1916 6 years ago

Really struggling to figure this flasher issue out.

My left and right ramp flashers, idol flasher and special flashers aren't working and it isn't the bulbs.

Any suggestions on what else to look at? Is there a specific fuse or fuses that powers all of these?

#1917 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really struggling to figure this flasher issue out.
My left and right ramp flashers, idol flasher and special flashers aren't working and it isn't the bulbs.
Any suggestions on what else to look at? Is there a specific fuse or fuses that powers all of these?

Got it working, I'm a moron!

#1918 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

THIS is the area where you get in trouble if the ball hits the switch.
Switch matrix then will get in confusion and adds more players during gameplay.
I Just build a small bracket to protect the switch and it works.

Im going to purchase a new switch just in case would you happen to know what's it called or where I could find it. Can't seem to locate it in manual

#1919 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good. I was right.

Ah, missed your comment, sorry

#1920 6 years ago

Take a look at manual page 2-47 on position 78
Switch number is: 12688-1
Take a look in the wiring diagramm page 3-2 in column 6 and 7 and row 2-8 (mini)

#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Take a look at manual page 2-47 on position 78
Switch number is: 12688-1
Take a look in the wiring diagramm page 3-2 in column 6 and 7 and row 2-8 (mini)

Thnx. I had just found it on 2-36 but 2-47 was a lot easier. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-12688-1

Thnxso much for helping me through one last question. Do i need new wires or do i just use the existing wires and attach them to the new switch?

#1922 6 years ago

Got her all cleaned up today, installed color dmd and pinsound.... wow!

New issue surfaced that wasn't there before I started.

When a ball is locked in the center hole, it isn't recognizing it and won't put new ball in shooter lane.

Any idea what may be going on? Worked fine yesterday.

#1923 6 years ago

Use the wiring attached to the old switch!

If balls from the center lock are not recognized, check the 10 Opto Board beneath the playfield if it's powered by 12 volt.
There's a LED that indicates existing voltage.
Often a loosen or damaged plugs are the reason if Indy gets confused during game play.
A quick solution is possible if you enter the service menu when Indy displays a damage report.
In that case the damage report shows errors at POA switches.

#1924 6 years ago

Had an issue with my left flipper going weak yesterday. Couldn't make the right ramp anymore. So started with changing the coil, then the EOS, no improvement. Finally cleaned the opto at the flipperbutton and made sure it was nice and tight again. That did the trick!
Nice strong flipper again. Love this game.

#1925 6 years ago

Finally got this beast in the mancave and installed the color dmd and pinsound.

All I can say is wow!

Did I mention this thing is friggin a heavy SOB!

IMG_3522 (resized).JPGIMG_3522 (resized).JPG

IMG_3523 (resized).JPGIMG_3523 (resized).JPG

#1926 6 years ago

still lighter than any vid, basically.

#1927 6 years ago

I am now also an owner, but a sad owner. Picked it up more than a week ago and just today was able to set it up in the basement but the display does not come up and it continues to kick balls out. It should work because I saw it working before I bought it, is there maybe a trick on how to switch it on?

Short video.

#1928 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

I am now also an owner, but a sad owner. Picked it up more than a week ago and just today was able to set it up in the basement but the display does not come up and it continues to kick balls out. It should work because I saw it working before I bought it, is there maybe a trick on how to switch it on?
Short video.
» YouTube video

Check fuses maybe for the balls ejecting? I seem to recall something similar on a different machine years ago. Not sure about the display unless the ribbon or power cable came loose...

#1929 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Short video.
» YouTube video

Double check all the cables leading to the display panel to make sure one didn't come loose. Same thing for the trough opto boards on the underside. Most likely a connector came loose under there, and the board thinks all the balls are in the trough which is why it's kicking them out. Stuff gets jostled during transport. Don't be upset about it...the fine folks on this site will help you through it!

#1930 6 years ago

Thanks, based on your tips I reseated all the cables to the display and through boards, I did not spot any fuses gone. Flippers also don't work after starting the game, it looks a bit more serious, probably I should open a separate topic for this .

#1931 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Thanks, based on your tips I reseated all the cables to the display and through boards, I did not spot any fuses gone. Flippers also don't work after starting the game, it looks a bit more serious, probably I should open a separate topic for this .

I like this pinscience, psi, like a crime scene.
Did you have to detach head of pin to get in room?
Did you touch any of the boards?
Did it have thump, small bounce loading or unloading..?
Tell me more.

#1932 6 years ago

Check j116 juse on the power driver board. I'd take it out and test for continuity with a multimeter. Could be many things, but check this first.

#1933 6 years ago

If that is a colordmd then it's most likely fuse j116. I believe j116 will also affect Optus and balls will keep ejecting. The original power boards struggle with pinsound and colored together. I finally moved those items onto its own power supply.

#1934 6 years ago

Thanks you all! Indeed F116 was it, replaced it by 3A SB. Now trying to get some first games...
Yes, it is with colorDMD and pinsound, so there should have been a separate power supply for that?

#1935 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Thanks you all! Indeed F116 was it, replaced it by 3A SB. Now trying to get some first games...
Yes, it is with colorDMD and pinsound, so there should have been a separate power supply for that?

Play it for a while and see how it reacts. You may have games resets too and may be best to rebuild uuour power driver. I had a friend help put in additional power supply to move those power hungry mods off the power driver. Enjoy

#1936 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Glad you got it fixed...sorry I couldn't be more help (I'm at Pintastic now). Told you these guys on Pinside are awesome.

#1937 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Finally working on mine again. Not sure I like these. Opinions.

I dont like that at all.

#1938 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Glad you got it fixed...sorry I couldn't be more help (I'm at Pintastic now). Told you these guys on Pinside are awesome.

I am glad too, to get it (partly) fixed. After I entered a high-score it reset and the same fuse blew (coincidence?). Found many little other issues but the one I that really puzzles me is the ball lock, it says ball locked and then it just waits, after a while it does a partial ball search and ejects a ball from the Idol. So it seems I bought a project pin. Have fun at Pintastic, I hope to be able to go there once.

#1939 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

So it seems I bought a project pin.

Dude, you own a TZ according to your game list, so this IJ should be a cake-walk....

#1940 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Congrats. Not everyone who has the ColorDMD/Pinsound combo seems to need a separate PS, but my IJ certainly did. I'm just down the road from you; let me know if you need a hand with anything.

#1941 6 years ago

Hey guys so it did indeed be the right rollover switch. I ordered a new one. I have another issue as. My right flipper isn't going all the way down. At first it wasn't terrible and it went down about 90% but now it's like this and i cant make shots.

IMG_1239 (resized).JPGIMG_1239 (resized).JPG

#1942 6 years ago

Looks like a mechanical issue. Check the gap on the busching, the spring on the pawl, the pawl itself for a mushroomed end and the alignment of the pawl in the coil sleeve. Visually and manually check the movement with the play field up, you'll find the problem.

#1943 6 years ago

What software version are most people running on IJ? Mine is L-5
Should I upgrade to L-7?

Btw I joined the IJ club a few weeks ago. Great game.

IMG_3009 (resized).JPGIMG_3009 (resized).JPG

#1944 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys so it did indeed be the right rollover switch. I ordered a new one.

Are you sure you need a new switch? You should be able to just bend the diode down underneath the switch so it's not shorting. No need to remove the POA to do this.

#1945 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Are you sure you need a new switch? You should be able to just bend the diode down underneath the switch so it's not shorting. No need to remove the POA to do this.

So i havent seen that error anymore so i assume it was the wires touching. But its telling me there is something wrong with my drop targets. But they work fine in game. Ive tried the solonoid test but i have no idea how to figure out if its the switch or the coil

#1946 6 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Looks like a mechanical issue. Check the gap on the busching, the spring on the pawl, the pawl itself for a mushroomed end and the alignment of the pawl in the coil sleeve. Visually and manually check the movement with the play field up, you'll find the problem.

On my LOTR back in the day, a tiny piece of the coil sleeve would come off and cause it to stick.

#1947 6 years ago

I got the same problems with the flippers caused by weak WILLIAMS clamps, so i decided to use STERN clamps... very similar to DATA EAST and much more stable and easier to use without bending the clamps itsself.
A very good improvement that I first tested in my F-14 with great success.

DSCN4298 (resized).JPGDSCN4298 (resized).JPG

DSCN4299 (resized).JPGDSCN4299 (resized).JPG

DSCN4300 (resized).JPGDSCN4300 (resized).JPG

#1948 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the one with different colors in the hat - that's sounds like it to me. He pointed to mine and said look - repro.
What's great is that he's on these boards everyday and see my message. I'll give him until Friday and then it's all out there. And I plan on bumping the topic throughout the year so others know who he is. Unbeliv.

Was this a repro playfield?

#1949 6 years ago

The one with the darker hat and smaller numbers is supposed to be a early production, so basically worth more. The final ones had larger numbers and a darker hat. Also the super jackpot insert is different.

Hope you did not sell that early production one as a repro......but basically still this feels like you got scammed, sorry.

#1950 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the kicker assembly that ejects the ball from Mode?

Mine seems a bit worn, and not exactly kicking it out well, so I figure I'll just put a brand new part in if I can find it.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Wanted
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.