IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1416 7 years ago

I'm planning on joining the club in a couple of months or so. How hard is it to repair problems on this game as i have very little experience working on pinballs

#1419 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Indy was the first game I bought and I knew nothing about pinball repair. I made sure to buy a good machine because I wanted to play it not tinker with it. If you buy a good one you shouldn't have to do any major work on it and any small problems could be solved by googling or asking on Pinside.
Also it's been a fun journey going from a total pinball repair novice to doing my own board repairs and other complicated fixes! I highly recommend jumping into the deep end with a big game like Indy. Just make sure you can test it thoroughly before buying.

Ahh ok thnx im starting to save up. I'm thinking my two pins this year will be Road show/Indiana Jones. Planning on buying a nice one and adding a shaker motor and colordmd

#1433 7 years ago

Is there any way to acquire a shaker motor? Pinbits always sold out

1 week later
#1453 7 years ago

Anyone got an led kit to recommend? I was looking at either pinball bulbs or cointaker

#1455 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

My IJ will be for sale but will be a few months while I have playfield restored. New cabinet and decals. Essentially brand new machine. High end with everything brass plated. Will have the original and decent playfield for sale as well once I've swapped it.

How much are you looking for it. I'll be looking to buy one in about 2 months or so

1 month later
#1544 7 years ago

So with pinsound. Does the board come with the indy reorchestrated built in or do i download it somewhere else. Im confused on how pinsound works

3 weeks later
#1619 6 years ago

Is it possible to even find shaker motors for Indiana Jones? Been looking for a while now. Pinbits forever sold out

#1623 6 years ago

So im in the final process of getting ready to purchase an Indy. What are some things to look for when inspecting one. I plan to look for one of good to execllent quality so im guessing 6-8k ballpark?

I'd like a shaker motor but i think they are impossible to find at this point

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You have to look for:
• being complete, no missing parts
• damaged mainboard with burned plugs and burst capacitors
• last software update L-7
• broken plastics
• burned translite
• damaged coin door and coin controls
• complete and right coin box (WPC)
• bended, rusty legs
• damaged cabinet and back box and bleached artwork
• damaged motors for POA and Idol, gears also
• working opto- and switch boards
• broken plastic ramp right side
• missing jackpot circuit (proto)
• lost plastic
• backpanel plain or proto with lights
• wear and tear on playfield (Lost Treasure, Indy, Willie, Marion)
• damaged playfield area behind drop targets and holes
• Speakerpanel plain or proto (Grail, Stone, Ark)
• working DMD without flickering

Gotcha appreciate it

ColorDMD wise what do people recommend for the brightest Dots?

1 week later
#1681 6 years ago

opinions on mirror blades? I was thinking of gold to match the rest of the upgrades i was planning but im thinking gold mirror blades might be gold overkill at that point

#1682 6 years ago

If anyone is looking at leaving the club im looking for a good to collector quality machine within 5 hours of Richmond,Virginia to purchase

#1687 6 years ago
Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Hello all, Pinbits is still running. I just bought a shaker motor for my IJ (sorry last one) and they have the STTNG and AFM shakers in. Not sure how many so if you need one for the other two, go grab it.

Nothing makes me saltier than trying to find a shaker motor that 1 out of a 1000 people are able to buy.

#1693 6 years ago

officially upgraded my ad to a featured one. Cant wait till im able to find one for sale

1 week later
#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Question for you guys. I've only ever played my IJ, so I have nothing to compare by except YouTube videos, but the game feels super bouncy. It's impossible to live catch a ball, and even trapping take some luck.
I shot a quick video to show. Don't mind my crappy gameplay. I'm literally humping a tripod haha.
Feedback would be appreciated.
» YouTube video

I literally am having the same problem. Theres a indy on route and its near impossible to get the ball into the mode hole. Keeps bouncing out. I didnt know if it was me or the game. Now this one on route is definetly worn down

#1736 6 years ago

If anyone is looking at leaving the club im still looking to purchase an Indiana jones. I dont mind if the cabinet is faded

1 week later
#1767 6 years ago

Does anyone have any pictures of a cointaker light kit. I'm looking to get one for an indy and i cant seem to find any examples. Pinballbulbs kit looks great though

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So you already have an Indy?

I got one in the works. All goes well ill be picking it up friday

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Awesome news man! Congrats!

Thnx im hoping it works out. Been looking for months and nothing. This is the first decent pin ive found for a good price.

#1800 6 years ago

Does anyone know if pinball decals incorporated is still in business? Was looking to order a set of gold mirror blades from them

#1865 6 years ago

Finally joining the club. So far highest score is 400,000

#1869 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to turn off the knocker? And is it hard to find a nos or a nicer quality replacement playfield. My playfield is nowhere near bad but im planning on doing a full restore at some point

#1872 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Unplug the knocker in the backbox. Not sure why you'd want to do that, though...IJ has one of the coolest replay effects when the cracking whip animation is synced with the knocker.
NOS playfields are almost impossible to come by, and the one I got installed cost me more than many machines. But I have problems, obviously.

Ive had the knocker turned off in every pinball ive had.

#1898 6 years ago

I have 2 quick questions. My indy when playing seems to be randomly adding players. Example i play 2 person a lot and when player 2 finishes a 3rd and 4th player seem to have been added. 2nd we were playing one game and found that game had basically restarted(ball 1 0 scores) . Are we pressing something we shouldnt or is there something wrong with the machine?

#1904 6 years ago
Quoted from cybermarco:

Look at the switch at the bottom right of the Path of Adventure. It's probably hit by a ball and shorting out. This is a common problem and causes random adding of extra players.

Is the switch up top behind the glass? Sorry I have no experience fixing stuff. Learning but no experience I have the manual

#1918 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

THIS is the area where you get in trouble if the ball hits the switch.
Switch matrix then will get in confusion and adds more players during gameplay.
I Just build a small bracket to protect the switch and it works.

Im going to purchase a new switch just in case would you happen to know what's it called or where I could find it. Can't seem to locate it in manual

#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Take a look at manual page 2-47 on position 78
Switch number is: 12688-1
Take a look in the wiring diagramm page 3-2 in column 6 and 7 and row 2-8 (mini)

Thnx. I had just found it on 2-36 but 2-47 was a lot easier. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-12688-1

Thnxso much for helping me through one last question. Do i need new wires or do i just use the existing wires and attach them to the new switch?

#1941 6 years ago

Hey guys so it did indeed be the right rollover switch. I ordered a new one. I have another issue as. My right flipper isn't going all the way down. At first it wasn't terrible and it went down about 90% but now it's like this and i cant make shots.

IMG_1239 (resized).JPGIMG_1239 (resized).JPG

#1945 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Are you sure you need a new switch? You should be able to just bend the diode down underneath the switch so it's not shorting. No need to remove the POA to do this.

So i havent seen that error anymore so i assume it was the wires touching. But its telling me there is something wrong with my drop targets. But they work fine in game. Ive tried the solonoid test but i have no idea how to figure out if its the switch or the coil

#1958 6 years ago

Hey guys looking to buy a shaker motor for my Indy. If anyone has one they don't want/use. I'd be happy to buy it off you.

#1962 6 years ago

Quick question. I lost my coin door key. I was planning on buying a keyless lock. Indy's lock size is a 7/8 if I'm not mistaken?

1 month later
#2173 6 years ago

Hey guys can anyone tell me what's going on with the black lines on my playfield.

IMG_1543 (resized).JPGIMG_1543 (resized).JPG

IMG_1542 (resized).JPGIMG_1542 (resized).JPG

#2176 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Do they clean up with wax or novus?

Haven't tried wax. Novus 2 doesnt work

1 month later
#2375 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Part 3.
During touch up, fine corrections.
This pf has new inserts, except the big yellow arrows.

Oh snap are you going to sell those?

3 weeks later
#2477 6 years ago

Hey everyone i fixed my right flipper on my indy and because of it i can actually consistently hit my shots. Only issue is i cant hit the mode hole at all as it keeps bouncing out. Whats the best solution to fixing this?

1 month later
#2638 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone ever have an issue where the game randomly adds players to the game?
Seems sometimes when playing 1 player it works fine and then a few games later before you know it you have a 4 player game going! lol
Annoying to say the least

under the POA theres a diode, the one overtop the mode hole. Gets hit pretty often and get knocked around. My game was adding players every ball. Bent the diode back into place and it fixed it. That diode is notorious for causing that issue

#2641 6 years ago

Hey guys my path is having trouble tilting left. Tilts right just fine and motors and switches good as well. I'm going to be taking my game apart this month and putting new rubbers on and whatnot. How do i go about fixing my path and what should be looking for?

#2654 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

This is the board you need. Before I bought this board, I cleaned the optos with alcohol as well as the flipper button boards and that did NOT fix my problem! Once I replaced this board, the issues with my POA went away! That is how I fixed my POA. You can go any route you want, this is only my recommendation.
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/ij_poa.html

Appreciate it, been looking for it for a while. Gonna order one soon enough. One question for anyone that would like to answer. I'm about to rerubber the game, air ball protectors and add drop dead foam to the mode hole. What cool things do you recommend be added. I currently have upgraded subwoofers and lit up speakers. Lit up buttons(not installed yet), Color Dmd(LCD set to hi res dots), and Mirror Blades.

3 weeks later
#2824 6 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

The fade doesn’t bother me. I’m just glad I finally have the game.

I'm in the same boat My indy is nicer than most but its a bit faded. If i re-decaled i could fetch a pretty penny for it. But i rather use the money from fixing it towards another pin

1 week later
#2847 6 years ago

Will this include the path as well or just the main playfield?

#2881 6 years ago

Anyone know if there are any left of the airball protectors to purchase?

1 week later
#2926 6 years ago

Hey guys i have a couple of questions. First is about a month or so i had issues with my path not tilting all the way left but perfectly fine right. I was told to replace it with the great lakes board. Well its currently working and ive found if i let it sit enough it seems to fix itself. Haven't had any problems with it again. Still a good idea to swap the boards out?

Second I plan to swap my rubbers out with Titan rubbers is this kit accurate- https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/628 or if not does anyone have an accurate list of rubbers i need.

Third is there a list of the different star posts needed for the game. i saw this http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PK1382 but im looking for only one color.

Lastly. I am putting new rubbers, star posts, drop dead foam, lighted flipper buttons(to match speaker lights)and tweaking my path. Anything else i should be doing why the game is disassembled like this?

7 months later
#3708 5 years ago

I'll buy a set

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.