IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1219 7 years ago

Has anyone added the pinsound board to there Indy yet? Reviews, comments, suggestions.
Thanks...
T minus 8 days till my grail gets here. Anxious to officially join the club Next Week. Colordmd here and waiting.
It was my overpriced Christmas gift to myself!

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Adventureland to get your IJ fix until then.

Right up the street from me and I work there sometimes. I worked on the opening of Indy way back when. The ride still holds up. Why in those days I didn't think to get some props that were extra's?

#1232 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

indypinhead. I bought his full lit drop target kit for my indy and they look great.

I want these too!
Just PM indypinhead?

Quoted from Djshakes:Where can I find this kit?

I was just searching, he doesn't have any in marketplace.

#1273 7 years ago

OK, now with all this discussion...
Can someone show me a picture of the cliffy? Does cliffy go in the hole or around it?
Thanks new owner...Just learning a new machine.

#1275 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

But doesn't the cliffy need the strike plate to be held in place?

Thanks for pic of cliffy! Im no expert but it looks like you need the strike plate to hold it.

#1310 7 years ago

Did the same thing last night. Started replacing a few rubbers, next thing you know, machine half torn down replacing posts and bulbs.
1am had to call it done for night.

#1318 7 years ago

I've been working on a T shirt for this pinball problem we have.
You know you have a pinball problem when....
There's a pin in the kitchen.
More than 2 projects in garage folded up.
You have to many and forget all your title's.
You have a MOD older than a year now not installed.
Machines are in four rooms at your houae
One room dedicated to parts.
You bought a ramp for a machine and your current ramp is perfect.
You like your leg bolts to be perfect.
Only you know how clean your lower cabinet is.
You stay up late working on them.
You wake up every morning and read pinside with first cup of coffee.
You immediately find a part you have to have, now.
The list grows.

#1343 7 years ago

Proud Papa and New owner of an Indy!!!
Been a long hunt, looked during all of 2016, passed on several, missed a few others.
But finally found a gem.

IMAG0317 (resized).jpgIMAG0317 (resized).jpg

IMAG0316 (resized).jpgIMAG0316 (resized).jpg

#1344 7 years ago

Now the work begins and moding!
Pinsound, ColorDMD, upgrade speakers, all I will be adding in month ahead.
What Mods does everyone like the most?
I have lighted rope bridge, lost plastic, and idol lights on speaker panel. Those I was already going to get just to find out there already in there.

#1345 7 years ago

First of many questions gang.
Switch 45 in subway under playfield. It's two opto's. My only non working switch.
I ran the line and wires all the way to CPU. Wiring is good. I think there just dead. At least the transimitter side is dead. Is this common, I have lots a pins and done this for awhile, never really seen a dead opto?
What am I missing here, would like this one credit dot to go away.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

#1347 7 years ago

I'm sure, also flasher underneath was blown, the post of flasher was touching the receiver side.
Thanks.

#1351 7 years ago

Ut ohh....having a few problems with one week old Indy.
It's a refurbed reimport. Should I swap out the 5amp slow blow for an 8amp at the inline power box?
If someone could answer that, then I'll go into how it blew 6 fuses last night.
Bummed, I need to start from scratch at power box and work my way up to the boards.
It has been on a lot since purchase. Was eating dinner last night looking at it, and it just went black and tried to RE boot, all is dark now.

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Only if you want to destroy a board.

I didn't include all info.
That was replace the 5amp slow blow with the manual stated 8amp fast blow/normal blow?
This is for the fuse at inline power box.

1 week later
#1370 7 years ago

What toppers are available for Indy?
Been looking around for couple months haven't even seen one good one available.
What has the group come up with?
Would love to see pics of toppers!!!!

1 week later
#1382 7 years ago
Quoted from gvac:

Does anyone know where I can purchase an IJ rotor lock door, part number 03-8844?

Great part to re-run! Needs to happen, been out of stock for long time.

#1383 7 years ago

I've been having random switch error on #45, center subway optos, under playfield in metal subway. Sometimes no error, but now back for several days. Taking a business card and waving by optos in switch test I'm getting nothing now.
Ideas, just replace optos?
Thanks

#1388 7 years ago

I betting an Indy playfield long gone. I've only seen one for sale in 5 years.

#1390 7 years ago

I was having problems with my 3 bank drop target. Ordered new coil sleeve kit for Indy.
Spent yesterday watching game and working on Indy. Turns out my coil stop screw posts, one is broken off and the other is going to break off. 3 bank target bracket sold out everywhere. The screws are welded on. No fixing this one.
Anyone have a extra 3 bank bracket they want to sell?
Please pm me.

#1391 7 years ago

Also looking for the 3 bank drop target cliffy!
Anyone, cliffy and 3-bank bracket?

Added over 7 years ago: Found- Fellow pinsider helped me out!

2 weeks later
#1399 7 years ago

Agree with smiley above. Reflow the connector on the 3 bank. If that doesn't work you have a loose wire in head on boards somewhere.

#1405 7 years ago

Went to install colordmd and never thought about my jackpot light board. Can anyone tell me what generation this is, I assume the first given its basic design,..(prototype maybe)??

IMAG0452 (resized).jpgIMAG0452 (resized).jpg

IMAG0456 (resized).jpgIMAG0456 (resized).jpg

IMAG0455 (resized).jpgIMAG0455 (resized).jpg

#1411 7 years ago

I can unsrew it, I have once. I'll get a better picture with it off to get some opinions. The colordmd was placed back in box. I'll wait, I ordered the flat led one from Marco. I'll keep this as a souvenir, or perhaps add it to custom topper later, I'll splice it in, two sets of jackpots so to speak. The speaker panel is cut in half moon for the Ark, and 2 squares for the cup and idol.

#1423 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

good luck on that pinnbits is continuously out on the shaker motor.

Stop the Press's, hold the train...
What? What?
I can add a shaker motor to my Indy pinball Adventure?????

#1430 7 years ago

Sounds like they could sell 3 this week...
If they where in stock!
By the way, thank you both!
I did not know about this till yesterday, then went and looked it up.

#1434 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is there any way to acquire a shaker motor? Pinbits always sold out

Get in line...
Apparently we are all waiting.

2 weeks later
#1470 7 years ago

looks like mom in law is starting a pinside store.

4 weeks later
#1553 7 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Modified Game ROM with permanent Frog Mode

What is Frog mod rom?
Been looking for shaker motor for awhile now, anyone? Ideas?
Pinbits out of stock.

2 weeks later
#1591 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Still can't believe that I was able to join the club today. Completely restored IJ. Doug Huse cabinet, CC playfield, Mike Chestnut brass everywhere. You name it and this has it. Tried to pry it from the guy's hands months ago. Didn't want to sell. Then I got the call Wed night. Picked it up today.

Congratulations!!
Thats a beauty for sure.
Not even going to ask price....

#1604 6 years ago

Been looking forever for the shaker motor kit.
Never seen it for sale. Out of stock for years.
Want one really bad.

1 week later
#1663 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone point me to a guide for removing the POA, so I can access the backplate for the Mode saucer. While I'm under there, I'll likely change all bulbs to LED.

Do you have the manual?
Its in there.

2 weeks later
#1705 6 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Hi there. i was hoping to get some suggestions.

Not an easy shot for one.
Sounds like you did basics.
I kept thinking i need to rebuild my flippers, i was right. Helped a lot cleaning out sludge, new coil sleeve really helped, new eos switch, springs and finished with new flipper rubber. No coil needed.
I make the shot almost when i want to...when i get the chance.

1 week later
#1750 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You. Don't. Need. It.
He says the ball sticks with all that stuff 8 of 10 times. Mine sticks all the time with just the foam backing and no strike plate...and I have it set to 7.5 degrees (if not a touch more).

Its a game of chance Bezel!
Ive been reading this fix for years wondering why everyone wants to make the shot easier.
Its a game.
Mine, when i can make shot sticks 70% of the time, its not supposed to be 100%.
My 2 cents, dont hate me.
But this mod and fix is frustrating to read.
Enjoy the game as designed.

#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Actual conversation with me and my wife last night:
Me: IJ is still my favorite game. And it should be my coffin, too.
Wife: Why waste the game? How about we put your ashes inside the game and the kids can keep playing it? Better yet, get an Ark of the Covenant mod and you can put your ashes IN the game while people still enjoy it.
Friggin' brilliant.
So keep you're eye out for an IJ, fully modded with Boob's ashes. The only question is, does that increase the value or decrease it?

You, well, your family, could take the ashes and form them with clay and make a Grail.
That would give you some internal life!

1 week later
#1810 6 years ago

What's this about shaker support, is this on the pinsound board, and where do you get the shaker???

Quoted from Averell:In my opinion this Mix is the only one if you want to have shaker support, because the most preliminary work is done.
And the quality is another dimension without doubt.

#1814 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Board supports Shaker via 5 Volt switchable circuit.
You need PinSound-Studio and custom built Shaker.

Who will be providing the shaker, or making it?
And is the pinsound studio already providing programming for shaker?
Thanks, looking at buying pinsound board soon.

#1827 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Another question is whether to add LED or not?
If yes, what is the most tasteful kit without being over the top crazy looking?
Will finally be joining the club Friday!

Dont be in a hurry. This is a pin that rarely leaves collection. Enjoy it incandescent white for a few months and think it out. Slowly start at slings and GI, build from there. Custom to taste always best. Try different things. I found most cool whites or super brites not good for indy.
I feel packages are nice quick and easy, most come with placement map. But often twice the price rather than just order bulk from many good suppliers.
Back to my first sentence. I have the color dmd ready, but knew once thats in, its never coming out. So ive enjoyed the original display while ive been upgrading, fixing, and moding the machine. Just been in the backbox a lot and knew there was no hurry to put the color in.
Im close, been in the club since christmas and adding couple more things then doing it this weekend.

#1839 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Who sells the best IJ cabinet decals? How can I be sure I'm getting originals and the best quality decals available? Thanks!

PPS, if out. Give Rick a call. Best authorized,quality from him. I know because thats whats on my machine.

#1845 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Probably not originals, but I hear good things about them. Friend of mine has some for Mousin around, they look great! There is a thread about these, it also includes the owner of the firm so you can address any questions to him directly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decals-from-retro-refurbs

No offense tp Retrorefurbs and his decals...
Ive had 3 sets from across pond now and not exactly thrilled with what i received. Bttf was the wrong dark blue and fuzzy printing. Mousin around was the wrong xolor blue to, and edges were not clean. Gilligans island was also not top notch quality, more of a vinyl sticker than a true cabinet decal. He provides a nitch for titles that are hard to find, but hes off the grid and not authorized maket of these.
Only wayne in Austrlia who has some, and Planetary Pinball supply in sparks neveda are the official Bally williams distributor. On an A list machine that commands top dollar, i wouldnt buy from retro in england.
Just my opinion.

#1871 6 years ago

Flash!!
Some new members to club.
There has never ever been a reproduction playfield! Flat out, never!
The licencing along would start this playfield at $2000 plus if they did.
It would involve 4 major studies at this point.
8 cast members , both living and dead.
PPS authorized Williams Bally rights holder.
So we all can dream, but it would be time wasted.
Ive dealt a with licencing now for 2 of my businesses first hand. The time involved is very daunting just for a playfield part with no characters images involved.

#1931 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Thanks, based on your tips I reseated all the cables to the display and through boards, I did not spot any fuses gone. Flippers also don't work after starting the game, it looks a bit more serious, probably I should open a separate topic for this .

I like this pinscience, psi, like a crime scene.
Did you have to detach head of pin to get in room?
Did you touch any of the boards?
Did it have thump, small bounce loading or unloading..?
Tell me more.

#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the kicker assembly that ejects the ball from Mode?
Mine seems a bit worn, and not exactly kicking it out well, so I figure I'll just put a brand new part in if I can find it.
Thanks

Try a coil sleeve first. And i have a brand new manual if interested.
Added over 7 years ago: Manual Sold.

Added over 7 years ago: Manual Sold.

2 weeks later
#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I make/sell the lit drop targets

And there awesome!

1 week later
#2025 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Feeling lazy. Have a friends Indy and the idol motor is acting up. Thinking Optos. Link to correct Optos? Thx

Subway, right where it falls in the center and rolls to the vuk. There in mid metal subway ramp. Alignment or dirt.

#2027 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So you think it's those Optos instead of the ones up in the idol? I'll check those Thx

Sounds like problem i had, idol was confused because balls hadnt been detected there first.

#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

when I nailed the left ramp, the ball jump off the beginning of the wire form when it transition from the ramp turn... I checked the installation of the wire form into the ramps and it look fine... is there some trick for the ball to stay in there?

Picture of problem area would help.

Quoted from hisokajp:-The center drop target from the lock bank doesn't always drop down, it's a bit annoying to get a brick on that target. I look at the assembly and I can't quite figure out what's different for the middle one?

This sounds familiar to. Washers , did you put them all back in after rebuilding the unit? The posts that hold the opto board on and alugn it to not cause binding. Your binding somehow or spring is also binding or on wrong side.

#2052 6 years ago

Area code isnt CA or NY.
He has his phone number up. Call if interested. Beyond fair price.
720 is area code for Denver, Lakewood, Littleton, Boulder, Longmont, Aurora, Castle Rock and most of the Front Range. (GOOGLE)

#2064 6 years ago

Apper

Quoted from msj2222:If you look at the pics...he doesn't even have the mods listed in the machine. I hope he doesn't report me!

Appears the add is gone now.

1 week later
#2089 6 years ago

Need the ball gate "Narrow escape" , lower right outlane from ball lock. Mine has always been a patch, gate from another game. Would sure love this part if someone has a spare please.
Thanks Eric

2 weeks later
#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The switch protector is great. But the deflector needs to be taken out. I'd add more along the left side...I think I put it out until about an inch from the front, but I need to check my machine to see.

Its pinball, game supposed to be hard.
Leave deflector in, add small piece of dead foam to it. Or leave it factory. Game at 6 1/2 deg youll make that shot plenty of times.

#2179 6 years ago

Bump for cosmo buying a house!
Great seller!

1 month later
#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Past and present. First proto.

Thinking if this could be made in a dark brown to match Lior's idol ruins coming soon?

#2387 6 years ago

Really need a "Narrow Escape" wire gate that goes to right flipper from idol lock. Mine has always been wrong, not the right one.
Please PM me if you have a spare your willing to sell.
Marcos has been out for over a year, probably 2.

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Please share a picture about this part.

This gate is to small and you can see doesnt even go to screw. Just doesnt work right, not a one way gate.

20171009_065554 (resized).jpg20171009_065554 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2442 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Both legs are on the lower two holes...

Whats the percentages %? Of the ball going down PoA? Verses going down the left ramp?

#2466 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Good news? Isn't this backstop the root of all our problems?

Only if you dont practice.

1 week later
#2478 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey everyone i fixed my right flipper on my indy and because of it i can actually consistently hit my shots. Only issue is i cant hit the mode hole at all as it keeps bouncing out. Whats the best solution to fixing this?

Practice, practice, practice.
Stand by for 20 posts telling you to remove the back plate at hole.

2 weeks later
#2539 6 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Love to see more detailed pics Great work

Theres a for sale thread for it.
$3250, and you can take it home....plus the work of putting it in.

#2543 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wish someone would start selling these plane mods, much better looking!

Lior, you watching?
Speaking of Lior. You all would be crazy not to get his Ruins mod and Ramp cover while you can. Only happening once this lifetime, so, now's your chance!

1 week later
#2550 6 years ago

Tis the season. Mine's torn up to. No note worthy pics yet.

#2552 6 years ago

Wow, eat lunch in that thing. Cleaner than my car.

3 weeks later
#2585 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

No problem
How is your idol base look like?

Quoted from Cserold:

Who sells them? Sorry, not following.

This guy, 9 posts up.

1 week later
#2618 6 years ago

Having problems with my idol alingment. Took it off and now when back on its like a quarter inch off and doesnt release balls with lock, timing off. Theres that damn little set screw on post. Any suggestions? Theres only one flat side for set screw to post. In test theres 6 positions, should the idol match that animation on screen?

#2620 6 years ago

Should rear divertor to path of adventure ramp have a spring on plunger going into coil. Mines acting up and manual shows no spring, but there was one on it?
Also getting random " you cheat dr jones" and second ball into shooter lane. Just having bad day with this machine.
That little set screw is killing me on idol, so hard to get to.

#2628 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone ever have an issue where the game randomly adds players to the game?
Seems sometimes when playing 1 player it works fine and then a few games later before you know it you have a 4 player game going! lol
Annoying to say the least

Sticky start button.
Had it happen on a few games.
Pull start burron out and clean that micro switch button, tiny button start hits on white housing. They get build up of dust and stay in... then will register another game after about 5 seconds.
Sound right?

#2629 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Finally got an Indy!!!

Now you should look into Lior's ramp cover and ruins mod. Congrats on game!

#2630 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Very excited to finally be part of the club! Noob question- my translite didn't have a diffuser with it so the LEDs are way too intense. Any suggestions on what I should get?

Translite on back should be all white. If yours is clear, perhaps a remake from england couple years back. Roscoe lighting gels sells a white diffusuon for ahout 30 bucks. Comes in a roll, cut to size and tape on. I have a mix of led and incondesent on my translite. The incondesent feel, warmth, just looks best on Indy.

#2631 6 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Going from memory, but I think the random "you cheat doctor jones" is related to an Opto switch, maybe #45? I reflowed the solder joints and problem solved.
I might have some details wrong.

Turned out to be a washer from restore and popped down there during restore. Lifting playfield up a few times heard it sliding around.

#2653 6 years ago
Quoted from Bskinner46:

Has anybody installed Pinstadium lights on a Indiana Jones and how do they look. I am concern about the Mini Playfield, Idol Assembly and the wire guide on the lower left on the playfield blocking the light.

Maybe its my game. But its very bright. This is one title i wouldnt think of pinstadium on. You would always have to move it, remove, if you ever lift up playfield.

1 week later
#2709 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Finally! Finally a member of the club!

Congrats, welcome.

#2741 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just to close the loop on my issues, my USB drive was bad, once I switched it out no audio issues. My DMD issues were from a bad ribbon cable. Thanks for everyone's input!

Thanks for the update. Been reading details since i have pinsound coming.

#2743 6 years ago

Installed the Led light board for the lost plastic yesterday. Easy enough, well built. However, it looks awkward. Its so bright it makes a solid light that fills the gap on the back of the lost plastic creating a long white brick of light.
Does anyone know if those lights ever blink, cycle, strobe? The 3 incondesent bulbs were so dim i never noticed them do anything. Thinking of adding a gel diffuser to maybe spread light, dim it a little.
Has anyone else installed this board? Opinions and solutions, or have you modified it?

#2745 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep that’s how it works - there is no micro controller that flashes it or whatever. It wouldn’t be hard to tie into GI or inserts if you wanted

Thanks, much appreciated. Ill keep it in for now. But considering swapping it back out ro see what led bulbs look like in old light board. Maybe tie this one into a topper light.

#2747 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Pics please!

Pics of lightboard, lost plastic.
Doesnt even throw light onto bridge plastic.
Lit drop targets and Lior's ramp cover bonus.

20180113_103427 (resized).jpg20180113_103427 (resized).jpg

20180113_103804 (resized).jpg20180113_103804 (resized).jpg

20180113_103827 (resized).jpg20180113_103827 (resized).jpg

20180113_103944 (resized).jpg20180113_103944 (resized).jpg

20180113_103921 (resized).jpg20180113_103921 (resized).jpg

#2749 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks. I agree, this is strange. Small board with 3 lights source can't lit the whole plastic.

3rd picture down you can see that it provides no light to bridge plastic.
Lior!! Wheres' this Bridge plastic mod?

2 weeks later
#2846 6 years ago

This is going to cost me money!! Thanks for the heads up.

1 week later
#2889 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

No wonder, I don't know the exact number. My estimation is, if we can reach 10 pcs, piece price will be around $50 plus shipping.
If the interest is too low, makes no sense to put a lot of effort into this.

Davi- Please add me to list.
What is upgraded? Im using comordmd with led jackpot board and adding upgraded speaker system...for future pinsound.

#2892 6 years ago
Quoted from Konajack:

Davi, please add me to the list if you have any spots left.
Thanks,
Steve

Pm Davi- He got right back to me.
I think you and I make 10.

#2907 6 years ago

I dont discuss points often. Just got 792 mil, one extra ball, 3 ball game. A little proud of myself. New grand champ score on my pin. Best damn game in long time. We dont discuss points because we all have are games set up differently. Im a pretty high pitch on factory settings.

1 month later
#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello Guys,
**** This is the confirmed list about Jackpot Board, thanks for quick and prompt feedback ***
Psw757 - original
TractorDoc - upgraded
MikeHogue - upgraded
Tonycip - upgraded
jamesmc - original
Konajack - upgraded
Ericpinballfan - upgraded
Not confirmed (earlier intested, but no confirmation via PM):
Pinballinreno
Grumpy712
Rdoyle1978
Matt-Man
Jake35
Mix_arcade
I will wait for 2 more days, PM me if your are really interested, then I'll look for raw panels based on confirmed list (not more, not less).

Curious as well. Any updates Davi?

#3003 6 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Can anyone tell me what hitting the 'Special' in the outlanes awards you? I understand that it is lit after 6 hits on the captive ball during the Quick 2 Ball Multiball.

You have to have the game on quarters. I just open coin door and have game set to 25 credits. Now you have to have knocker turned on. You get animation Special and knocker goes off.
You just Won a Free Game!

1 month later
#3069 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

My Indiana Jones right flipper was working intermittently, but now it doesn’t work at all. I’m pretty new in the hobby. I tried cleaning the optos, but that didn’t do anything. Any idea what could be wrong?

No signs of life in switch test? Is your flipper button ring tight. Inside cabinet the ring that tightens the flipper to cabinet. They can get a little loose and be mm or 2 away from interrupting the opto.

2 weeks later
#3111 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Guys, need your advise: assembly with or without playfield protector (and why)?

No playfield protector. You want to cover that beautifully clearcoated playfield?
The playfield protector over time gets these long scratch lines. Thin lines that look like branches of trees. The lines aren't really visible right away, but a year or 2 down the road you will be, Why did I put this on?

1 month later
#3218 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Rock&Roll!!!
End of restoration.

Congrats on Resoration completa!
Now take it out of backyard arcade, although I hope you played a few games in backyard first.

1 week later
#3231 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

100% done, ready to send.

Thats purty Davi!
Big shout out and Thank You for TractorDoc handling US end of this journey.
And to Peter Wow, super stand up guy for making this effort happen!!!

1 week later
#3259 5 years ago

Thats a Big box!, from Hungry....
How much did that weigh Dave?
Thank you again for helping 8?, pinsiders out.

2 weeks later
#3404 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Fremen’s fighter plane is ready for take off! Fitted with higher rated resistor and light board. Now I must figure out how to safely ship this plane. Many hours of work went into this!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing!
Ive been gone long time and catching up.
Top notch, looks great. If i wasn't 15 mods behind....well...id make it 16 and 17!

#3440 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Nah, this operation isn’t big enough for a new thread. I’ll probably just cut down a bit

There's just a ton of information on pinside and general nonsense threads.
Please post anything about Indy here.
Sometimes good ideas get lost and forgotten.
Your planes are worth sharing,
My scroll finger also does not have a callus yet.

#3442 5 years ago

In other Mod or upgrade News.
Big shout out and Thank You to Davi and TractorDoc for the upgraded speaker panel!!!
Davi it looks great and top notch work!!!
TractorDoc for handeling the US shipping end and helping all of us out!!!
Now to find the speaker plastic i bought over a year ago and where did I put that brass trim???

#3458 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

On my end, there's about 2 or 3 of you who have cut off communication as of late. If I don't hear from you in the next couple of days, I will assume you are no longer

I just dont get that. Its one thing to hear a price and say, Im out. Another to just not respond to a mod maker.
Ive had it happen as well with my Houdini mods.
Korn....are these the planes Lior pointed us to 10 months back from china? I bought one of those and it sits in box still.

#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Guys I'm taking my shit over to a new Thread...I’ll me create it right now. I'll post the link.....

To bad. Post new link here. Cant find it.

#3479 5 years ago

Found the new thread.

All right, what do we talk about Now.

#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

POA issues.
Pinsound issues.
Decal sources.
Jackpot panel. Oh wait, this is a mod, forget it (same about idol lock and base).
Airballs.
Mirco repro playfield speculations.
That's it in nutshell, a quick summary of 2018.
Anything else?

#3490 5 years ago

well here it is:
ebay.com link » Vintage Williams Indiana Jones Pinball Replacement Tiki Idol Head A 16708

Ouch...$500 bucks?
Says 2 available.

1 week later
#3531 5 years ago
Quoted from Staf:

color lcd is in , holy sh#t what a difference . now i want one for all my pins .
[quoted image]

Im up to 8 ColorDmd's. There addicting.

#3550 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Swapped the boards already with no change, also played around with the connectors. I would understand this approach if they just stopped working, but not if they gradually lost power over a few games.

Check the fliptronics board in backbox. Mine slowly died out. It was an original. I got a new rottendog and all better since.

#3553 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Same thing happened with my game too. Left flipper was feeling really weak for the past several years. I tried rebuilding the flippers and new flipper coils. Then I got a new Rottendog Flitornics baord and a new Power Drive board and what a difference. Now I have freakishly strong flippers.
QSS

1993 was a long time ago. Boards need rebuilding or all new. I did go with all new board set except sound board. Still plan on going pinsound for that one.

#3562 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Brass plated wireform doesn’t slide in. Should I gring it down or drill bigger holes on the platform (or whatever it’s called)
How about the spacer that hold the left ramp? Did you any of you guys have to make “adjustments” to it to align with the hole? Just making sure I keep going. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

I had similar problems after i plated mine. Wouldnt slide into my new plastic ramp either.
I went with a dremel and gently, Slowly made holes bigger.

#3563 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Brass plated wireform doesn’t slide in. Should I gring it down or drill bigger holes on the platform (or whatever it’s called)
How about the spacer that hold the left ramp? Did you any of you guys have to make “adjustments” to it to align with the hole? Just making sure I keep going. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

The rear of your metal ramp needs to be snug. Put a spacer under the metal to close the gap.

#3567 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

What's involved in rebuilding? Swapping out caps? Anything else?

Its not hard, but its the traces on the back of the boards. Those are old to. Its not for everyone, its always best to send to a pro. As an at home DYI, I dont reccomend it.
Also, its just me, but i went with all new. For the money ive put in machine, another $500 to bulletproof was worth it.

#3569 5 years ago

DAVI posted his picture to.
I see a washer in that pic.
I get what your saying and answer is ....yes. A delicate balance posts, wire form, ramp, angles....
Best form and technique, leave everything loose , not snug, then once all installed go back and tighten it all up. Do the wire form at slings last.

1 week later
#3606 5 years ago

Just checking in. Everyone beat me to it.
Yup dead DMD power.

3 weeks later
#3753 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I think the colored rings look awesome! Check out mine
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That works really well Korn.
Did you paint or dye those POA side rail plastics? Looks awesome!.

2 weeks later
#3789 5 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Question: In my machine, when the Dogfight challenge is running and i hit it, approximately 1 in 10 times it does not award you and continues to count down. it has always been this way but i had never looked into it. Is this just my machine or a known bug? thanx

Ball is rolling past opto in subway to fast and not triggering it, clean opto.

1 week later
#3836 5 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Mirco is in a position to reproduce the mini playfield for IJ and is looking to gauge interest. The artwork has been ready for quite a long time. The main playfield is waiting for licence approval as most are probably aware. The mini pf doesn't have copyright restrictions like the main playfield does and he can actually start producing them as soon as next week. Is anyone interested?

Not sure what the hurry would be, Won't this be sold as a set when finished? Yes, I want one, and I see light at the end of the tunnel for the main playfield. Then when main playfield is done will I end up with a second POA?

#3844 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottoKong:

Hey All
I'm going to commit to joining the club.
Got a lead on a potential machine that I'm told had parts taken from it to keep another alive.
Just wondering what parts if any are hard to replace/find?
Any Motors or Mechanisms?
Cosmetic stuff like plastics, speaker panels, translates seem readily available??
Scotto

Parts are out there, all you mentioned.

3 weeks later
#3866 5 years ago

Ive got an odd one.
Moved indy to opposite side of living room to make room room for xmas tree.
Seems I lost audio loudness. Has been on 9 for 2 years, now to get same volume I have to pump it up to 18.....?
Checked all ribbon cables and speaker connections...
Its almost if game knows my pinsound showed up earlier this week.

#3874 5 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

Looking to change out to a color DMD. Where is best place (most reasonable and reliable) to purchase? Would prefer to purchase one without having to change power supply - looking for plug and play.
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure

Colordmd.com....strait from the source!
Go LCD for Indy.
Easy install, no need to worry about power supply.

4 weeks later
#3898 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any help would be appreciated

Not much help, but.
In your picture your short cpu to driver ribbon cable looks wonky. Game off, remove and check pins, then put it back on.

1 month later
#4050 5 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

Just joined the club
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice coin door, congrats on score!

#4055 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Brass cleaning? autosol? nevr dull?

No,No,No....you will kill them.
Brass wire forms or brass plated, not solid brass!!!
Clean, dry fiber cloths.
If they appear dirty, could be you've lost some plating.

2 weeks later
#4080 5 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Was IJ originally built with white or yellow flippers?

Yellow.

Quoted from rx3:

I cringe at mods using alligator clips for a connection. IMO, alligator clips should only be used for testing purposes.

100% dead on!!! Always clip those alligator clips off and solder mods in place. Unless it is another style mod that uses a connector.

Added over 5 years ago:

Correction, White Flippers!

3 weeks later
#4154 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hey Everyone, a quick update on the bumper caps: I have the printed transparent versions I wanted to test with. The results are interesting (see attached, alongside painted versions for the comparison). The material is quite sparkly which gives a nice effect, but the quality isn't what I would consider particularly good (but once in the machine would probably be fine). It lights up quite well though (haven't been able to put in my machine yet as have been dealing with unsound and 5V issues). I'd be interested to get any thoughts. I have another idea on how to get a coloured transparent version which I'll try too.
Cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I never put in a vote.
I like the darker set. These will look great with the other Indy modes being created.

#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

just a sculpt without paint...
[quoted image]
still in progress will be ready until next weekend
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-indiana-jones-apron-design
*my own patent pending for most of the games with license*

That is looking awesome Lior!

#4182 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Where can I see the differences in the displays, I couldn’t get them off color dmd site. I watched the pinsound video and it’s amazing but am I seeing it right that it’s around $400

Even more when you add in some nice new speakers and add an external powered sub.
Very easy to start a spending spree on indy.
Mods, pinsound, colordmd, Lior, korns planes, brass, speaker panel stuff, lost plastic, topper, there is many more.
Ive made mine a very expensive long term keeper.

#4187 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Lior,Korns planes, lost plastic? What are these? Sorry new to Indy

I didnt come back to pinside last night.
Glad you poked around and found mods.

Quoted from Ricochet:

Has anyone on here tried this particular mod...
ebay.com link » Indiana Jones Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod
Personally I think its perfectly matched to the machine. I favor enhancements that are more of a style that fits with the overall cartoon-ish look of the playfield and this one is very good in that regard. I'm Interested ... but not sure if I want that much sticker on my machine.

Ive seen these stickers for awhile now. I hate on that ebay listing that they only have one picture. Would love to see more detailed pics of these installed.

#4190 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Love these discussions... LCD all day over here Animations look way better IMO

Agreed, another LCD fan. The mine video mode in smoothing, its a live cartoon, best video mode in pinball!

1 week later
#4208 5 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

FYI..
Came across this new 3bank target assembly on Pinball Life for IJ. Wish I saw this about 8 mos. ago when I rebuilt mine that was broken. I used the Bugs Bunny bracket which is exactly the same, and purchased all other parts separately for a similar total cost, but this would have saved a ton of time.
[quoted image]

When did this pop into there store?
Damnit

#4211 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I wouldn't expect so many people to want/need a replacement, does it get really beat up being right there in the middle of the playfield, or is it mostly just that the game is 25-26 years old?
I'm wondering if I should buy a bank, and throw it in the coinbox for whenever I need one

There's a bad design on it. The coil mounts to two screws. These screws are tap welded to plate. I had one break off a year ago. Kinda made game unplayable. At the time I talked to Marco and no new plans to make plate soon. I was lucky and a guy at pin a go go had a plate on a table. When you have a broken part , you recognize one instantly.

#4216 5 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Had to brag about my epic game this morning. Sadly it involved use of the superball so is not an official score. Got the 1 billion eternal life bonus twice and missed it on a third chance.
[quoted image]

Amazing! Great game. Super ball counts.
How many extra balls? And, how many of the modes complete?

#4224 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Holy cow, yes! Take it out! Where is beelzeboob to take control of this convo? Changed my life...

Miss #beelzeboob, good guy.
Been silent for awhile.
Come back beez!

#4236 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I like the superball... and have it enabled.

I have superball enabled so gun trigger makes it start.

1 week later
#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Damn! See those look good, that’s the combo right there

I have stock white flippers and Green bands.
The Red/ Black looks great. With all of Lior's mods coming these flipper bats will need a shake up.

#4311 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

It's a great game, and mine plays way better than most I've played. It's so funny, for years I didn't like this game at all...because I never played one that was working PROPERLY! Once I did, I was totally hooked!

Your the OP, you can't leave the club!

1 week later
#4334 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I'm guessing this is one of those unused connectors as everything seems to be working fine? Am I right?[quoted image]

Do you have a colordmd installed?
If so, that looks like the power connector to old display.

2 weeks later
#4383 4 years ago

The lamp board screws into the back of the speaker panel. Just make sure the lights on the board are centered on each cutout and screw it down. Once connector goes to 133 and the other to 138.[quoted image]

This same board from marco burnt up on me within 6 months of use. Just turned it on way day and smokey smoked.
Those cool bulbs burn hot to, dont think diffusion or gels would last long.

Added over 5 years ago:

Im completely wrong.
My board is different.
Sorry Marco.

#4386 4 years ago

Did they offer you a replacement?

It was 6 months, I didnt ask. Im not that guy who hauls stuff back to costco either.
I have a prototype board machine came with. I reworked it and added led's to it. I still have it. Ill find it and post a pic.
At least you are aware of issue now and can watch for it.

#4397 4 years ago

Did they offer you a replacement?

I was completely wrong.
This is my fried bridge plastic board.

20190603_191613 (resized).jpg20190603_191613 (resized).jpg20190603_191623 (resized).jpg20190603_191623 (resized).jpg20190603_191652 (resized).jpg20190603_191652 (resized).jpg
#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

No but many including myself put one in.

Quoted from Soulrider911:

I installed one as well, kinda odd it comes this way from the factory

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Does it make a big difference once installed? I’d love to see some before/after pix.

One of the first things I added. Easy if you have a spare socket lying around. Couple wires solder in.
It ads just a little light to corner but worth it.

#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i finally made it!!!!!
for more info and photos check my thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-indiana-jones-mini-pf-ruin-my-first-prototype#post-4817214
ORDERS ARE OPEN!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Perfect Match! Those look great and compliment the ramp cover!

#4443 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’d rather see sweet sweet steel than stickers. That said tho, I have seen at least a picture of the POA bypass lane with the decals, and have to admit it didn’t look bad. At $35 they’re probably worth a try, I just wonder how they wear.

With all of Lior's inbound I passed on the stickers. Game with his mods installed will block most of those decals.

1 week later
#4463 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Guys, price check:
What is the reasonable price of a set if IJ wire ramps? Very nice repro, brass plated, perfect copy.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's the shipping from Budapest is the Killer.
Interested, when you say repro, did you make them?

1 week later
#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from DexterH:

That's some BS. The seller knows what he's doing and clearly avoided the damage in his pictures with no regard for people that will travel far to buy the machine. He's probably hoping for someone to just buy it after travelling so far. What a chump. I flagged his ad on Craigslist. Everybody, feel free to flag it.
sfbay.craigslist.org link

How do you flag an ad?

#4518 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, here is my original board in case somebody with a hawk eye can spot any issues[quoted image][quoted image]

That board looks pretty good to me.
But, isnt it 25 years old?
I have a new one and it works great.

#4521 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yup, 25. I’m going to get it checks out by some local pros regardless.
So I’m assuming you mean you got a Rottendog and it works great? Did you get it because you had poor flipping hold and it fixed it?

I did it because one by one I upgraded all the boards over several years.
A good fix for me was new flipper opto boards for the buttons. Then reflowing cold solder on flipper coils.

2 weeks later
#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Where do these drop target mods come from?

Pinside member Indypinhead. Just pm him. Great guy and product. Does the WOZ winky too.

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Is this a known issue? I've never had a bad ColorDMD before, I will give it a go though.

Its not the colordmd and you found F116 12v. Try new fuse. Doesnt matter which display but the colordmd is also 12v.
If fuse is new and you still have issues check back.

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Yup, just saw that J116 is the 12v for coin door (where the colorDMD taps into) so that makes sense why it won't boot the ColorDMD.
Yeah, trying to find another fuse in my stash, otherwise it's BR5 or C30 causing the issue on the 12v circuit.

Before you go there its all about fresh fuses.

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Looks like i bought 5 3a slo-blo's back in March, just need to find them.... don't think i used them all...

Oh god,been there. Where the F*** did i put those fuses. If you saw my parts room....yes, i have a whole room of pinball parts.

#4599 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

New fuse, same issue, so BR or cap i would guess at this point.

No----Take your power box apart inside coin door/service box/ power switch box.
UNPLUG GAME FROM WALL FIRST!

#4600 4 years ago

Inside this box are the 2 things almost no one replaces or checks first. All power to boards comes from here. Poor ignored power box on so many restorations ive seen. Start fresh with a new Varistor and Thermistor. both available on most pin parts sites. Marco's etc..
Replace these 2 components, most all are original and worn and old and are failing. This can cause issues for the 12v/optos and displays.

800px-WPCPowerBoxInside (resized).jpg800px-WPCPowerBoxInside (resized).jpg
#4601 4 years ago

Pic of power box is an Addams. Dont let that throw you off. Same box different layout for indy.

#4603 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Great, added those my cart from pinball life...

The new ones look a little different. MOV, metal oxide varistor is covered in black rubber now. Thermistor also new design

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Awesome, Thanks! It’s not written anywhere I could find

Ya, pretty hard to lite them outlanes up.

2 months later
#4851 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I think that I need to replace the Opto 45 (center enter). I tried cleaning them off awhile back but didnt seem to change anything. Thoughts? Thanx!

Tried just testing that opto by hand? If I remember , I had to bend a coat hanger and wave it by the opto.
But yes, clean and replace can cure a gremlin.

1 week later
#4874 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So I contacted CPR the other day about releasing an Indiana Jones Williams playfield and the response was interesting.
"Sorry, we currently do not have digitized artwork available for this playfield."
I was expecting the response to be licensing issues. So I made me start thinking, well - somebody might have the digitized artwork for this playfield or how do we get this? I for sure would buy an Indy PF as this machine is bolted to the floor.
So anybody interested in pursuing this?

Mirco Playfields has stated in a few threads that they are making them. Its been at least a year since announcement, and there was a working on it still few months back.

#4887 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Where did you order this from?

That ad is from pinball life.

#4892 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It's not - but very similar.

Quoted from Energyspike:

Yes, I snapped a pic from this link...

I stand corrected. Im glad these are available. I got mine from pinballlife.
Its always something!

You might swap out the motor controller board too for durability.
They seem to go bad in pairs for me.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#4970 4 years ago

Another Vote for CPR Backglass!
I have it on my Addams and Indy(combined shipping, why not?).
Awesome upgrade to my over modded Indy.
Im almost complete especially after Korn's planes.
Its the side blades Im on the fence about. After all this time Im not sure about the colors of the blades available.

2 weeks later
#5031 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Any suggestions for powdercoating or trim? A friend reccomended brass for legs and trim with black nickel gun. Any photos for ideas would be great thank you

Thats the way to go. All brass trim, BN shooter. No powdercoat, just doesnt look right in any color.

#5034 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Check out my restoration ... I originally was gonna go brass. I like brass... but I went with a metallized gold flake in black.

100% Agree, that Black and Gold Flake is awesome! I remember those pics. So...if not doing brass, go with this. Lol

#5098 4 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

They designed the game with the extra button there so I’m using it! And it flashes super bright to get your attention.

I use the add a ball often, it's my extra ball when I haven't earned one. I'm set to 3 ball, factory setting for extra balls. And I still haven't broken a billion!
Another reason it's a keeper.

1 week later
#5151 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’m discussing both issues with Nicholas at Pinsound. Hopefully he can figure it out.
Seems like a Pinsound + vs Pinsound 1 conversion issue.

Thank you for looking into this and troubleshooting for those of us with no time.
I have pinsound+ and have no idea what Im missing.
You get the gunshot at Ball Launch?, right?

1 month later
#5329 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Hey folks, got her in. She's dirty and has been in storage for years but is complete and works. Any suggestions for a first time shopper? Planning on taking it down to the posts, cleaning and waxing the pf and cleaning all the parts. Anything to look for? Suggestions on what to use?[quoted image]

Congrats! Take lots of pics.
Add colordmd when done.

8 months later
#7047 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yeah ... it’s smack dab in his wheelhouse and isn’t anything unique really. This was before I decided to tackle the scoop. Now I’m in a better position to make this stuff but I’m glad he’s making them and they are now on his website.

Please put me on your list for the Mod Hole mod fix and right outlane guide plate. Pretty Please. Way late to the party and just caught up on 15 pages.
Need to email Cliffy next for Poa diode protector. Pm Sent

#7064 3 years ago

Curious- What's the Davi back panel he made and produced last year?

3 weeks later
#7202 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

In the owners manual the ribbon cable that attaches to the sound board says it's a 14 inch ribbon cable, however looking at the panel it should be 23.5 inches with multiple connections?
Error in manual? The cable I'm having the issue with is #19
[quoted image]

Yes, error. These 90's manuals are full of them.
This particular ribbon cable can get old.

#7204 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

To test the the sound board was going to swap boards with my No Fear ... seems I have lost sound to the DMD panel speakers on the Indy

Try swapping the No Fear ribbon cable first.

1 year later
#9404 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Test mode uses the diag switches to instruct the POA left/right movement, whereas in game mode this is done by the flipper buttons - so I'd think you're on the right path. Swapping out the flipper opto boards (or using normal leaf switches or jumpering the header pins at the fliptronics board) would be a way of verifying if the flipper boards are causing the issue.
I'd certainly try this before looking elsewhere - keep us informed as to how you get on

Honestly, I think sometimes everyone over thinks things and I don't mean it as an insult.

Quoted from paynemic:

Ok all, I’m a little frustrated. I had two problems with my indy. One was that it kept blowing fuses on the fliptronics board. I swapped that out and haven’t had a problem yet.
The other is much harder. The poa moves perfectly when in test mode. But in game it moves very slowly and maybe stutters slightly. I did a lot of homework and the consensus was definitely on the poa opto board. I replaced it with brand new and no luck! Exactly the same symptoms. I’m in desperate need of ideas. Someone mentioned the flipper opto boards and I’ll try that tomorrow (I cleaned the optos and that didn’t help). Anybody feeling brilliant?

Sounds all to familiar....
At the end of the poa closest to player is the hinge that holds the poa on a angle.
This catch can bind up over time the more the poa has gone back and forth.
Make sure there is an air gap and use a little lube on that end to loosen it up. There is a set screw that can get loose and the poa slides downhill a little.
Take a look there.

3 weeks later
#9508 2 years ago

The frosted ones are really nice!
You can backlight them etc.
Im thinking of doing that on my upcoming IJ resto.

I did, looks so much better than black. Brings some light to the area too.
Indypinhead sells them.

#9522 2 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

When I restored my Indy about a year ago my speaker grills were in need of a refresh. I searched everywhere and found nothing. I work in the autobody industry so I decided to strip and restencil mine and they turned out great. Ever since have contemplated offering this service for Indy owners. Any feedback would be great.
[quoted image]

That looks great.

3 months later
#9754 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I recently completed RadCal installation on my IJ and thought I would make some comments on the installation process. I have previously installed regular decals on my FT & BR. I chose to do the same prep work on IJ as I had done on the other pins. I stripped the old decals using a heat gun, patched the cabinet with Bondo, and painted the cabinet black. I counter sunk the screws used on the sides of the head so they could be covered by the RadCal. When I painted the head, I masked off the warning info so it remains.
The actual RadCal application is much easier than standard decals because it is not possible to wrinkle them. After positioning the RadCal I used clamps to hold it in place on one end prior to removing 25 – 35% of the backing from the other end. I always have someone help because it is easier that way. The front decal goes on first and it is slightly wider than the cabinet so it covers the edges of the side decals. The side decals fit below the side rails and were 1/8” shorter in length than the cabinet so no trimming was required (black paint covered the back corners). I was worried about cutting the holes but it was easier than I thought it would be. I drilled from the inside into a block of wood on the outside. On the large holes (flipper buttons, start & extra ball buttons) I used a utility knife to cut the mylar into segments and then a Dremel with a fairly large wheel to grind it away. I found the holes for the carriage bolts harder than the big holes. A smaller wheel or a conical wheel would have made grinding the squares for these bolts easier.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice Job. Play and enjoy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 29.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.