IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Installed this on mine What do you guys think?

I like it, where did you buy?

1 month later
#1086 7 years ago

Anyone selling a IJ?

7 months later
#1777 6 years ago

Thinking about buying an IJ and am wondering what most prefer, to add pinsound or not?

If pinsound is worth it, how would one get the sound file since it is no longer available for download on the pinsound community?

Thanks for the help

#1791 6 years ago

Anyone know where to get one of them upgraded German fighter planes with the lights in the cowl?

Thanks

#1808 6 years ago

So just to clear this up a bit, is the endprodkt version the one to get?

#1823 6 years ago

Another question is whether to add LED or not?

If yes, what is the most tasteful kit without being over the top crazy looking?

Will finally be joining the club Friday!

#1828 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Dont be in a hurry. This is a pin that rarely leaves collection. Enjoy it incandescent white for a few months and think it out. Slowly start at slings and GI, build from there. Custom to taste always best. Try different things. I found most cool whites or super brites not good for indy.
I feel packages are nice quick and easy, most come with placement map. But often twice the price rather than just order bulk from many good suppliers.
Back to my first sentence. I have the color dmd ready, but knew once thats in, its never coming out. So ive enjoyed the original display while ive been upgrading, fixing, and moding the machine. Just been in the backbox a lot and knew there was no hurry to put the color in.
Im close, been in the club since christmas and adding couple more things then doing it this weekend.</blockquote

yeah, don't think this will ever leave the collection.
I was definitely planning to add the color dmd and likely the pinsound. Just wasn't sure on the led lighting.

#1834 6 years ago

What is the recommended way to see if the POA is adjusted correctly and working as it should?

#1858 6 years ago

Joined the club today, finally!

Anyone able to suggest or provide a link to some nice apron rule cards?

#1866 6 years ago

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having.

Could just be bulbs but not sure yet

My two green lights on ramps don't seem to light nor the yellow at rear of ruins.

Also left and right loop isn't lighting nor are the Outlane specials.

Are these all flashers and could they be tied together or is that unlikely?

All else seems to be working great so far!

Thanks

#1896 6 years ago

Are the planes painted or decals?

#1909 6 years ago
Quoted from spinny-vinny:

Spinny-Vinny here how can I help. I've been hanging around the Metallica section for a while making mods for them.

Are you selling those planes you made or do we have to send ours in to you?

#1916 6 years ago

Really struggling to figure this flasher issue out.

My left and right ramp flashers, idol flasher and special flashers aren't working and it isn't the bulbs.

Any suggestions on what else to look at? Is there a specific fuse or fuses that powers all of these?

#1917 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really struggling to figure this flasher issue out.
My left and right ramp flashers, idol flasher and special flashers aren't working and it isn't the bulbs.
Any suggestions on what else to look at? Is there a specific fuse or fuses that powers all of these?

Got it working, I'm a moron!

#1922 6 years ago

Got her all cleaned up today, installed color dmd and pinsound.... wow!

New issue surfaced that wasn't there before I started.

When a ball is locked in the center hole, it isn't recognizing it and won't put new ball in shooter lane.

Any idea what may be going on? Worked fine yesterday.

#1925 6 years ago

Finally got this beast in the mancave and installed the color dmd and pinsound.

All I can say is wow!

Did I mention this thing is friggin a heavy SOB!

IMG_3522 (resized).JPGIMG_3522 (resized).JPG

IMG_3523 (resized).JPGIMG_3523 (resized).JPG

#1957 6 years ago

Hoping someone can help

Had the machine running great and turn it on this evening and got these error msg's

Gnd short row 1 stuck closed
Check switch 34 gun trigger
Gnd short row 1 wht-brn r1
Gnd short row 4 wht- Ylw r4
Gnd short row 5 wht-grn r5

Any ideas as to what the hell is going on all of a sudden?

1 month later
#2140 6 years ago

Anyone run into an issue where the attract sounds work but attract music doesn't when both are set to on? I get the trumpet type sound every so often with the dcs logo but no theme music periodically. A few days ago it was working. I changed battery with power off but went back into settings and turned on.

Another question, matter of taste I guess but to add blades or not ?

what is the preferred method of back box lighting so you can actually see the lost plastic?

Thanks!

#2143 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Well, I made them and they are available to you. NO MORE AIRBALLS. These are laser cut to perfection and predrilled. Simply bolt on and you will NEVER have an air ball again.
$25 shipped for both pieces.
To order send regular paypal payment to [email protected] (underscore between "r" and "b" "mr_b...."). The link underline hides the underscore. Include your address and a reference ij airballs mod.

These work great!

No more air balls, thank you for making!

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone run into an issue where the attract sounds work but attract music doesn't when both are set to on? I get the trumpet type sound every so often with the dcs logo but no theme music periodically. A few days ago it was working. I changed battery with power off but went back into settings and turned on.
Another question, matter of taste I guess but to add blades or not ?
what is the preferred method of back box lighting so you can actually see the lost plastic?
Thanks!

Nobody has had this happen with attract mode sound/music?

#2175 6 years ago

Do they clean up with wax or novus?

#2184 6 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

hahah thanks man! did you saw my post? im also working on the idol ruins its will be ready in 2 weeks. also mini pf rails. plane. back bridge. lite jackpot and more
BTW this is the orange...

after seeing this picture of the orange, I think this is the best look for the game whether you replace idol ruins or not.

It just blends in with the overall color theme and doesn't look out of place.

The grey is nice but I think it is such a large part that it looks a bit out of place.

Just my opinion of course.

#2190 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Looks really great. Is see you got the airball mod on. Good stuff. I never knew they made those decals.

Airball mod is great! Stopped all air balls 100% since I installed.

Much more enjoyable and nice to not have to worry about damage!

2 months later
#2532 6 years ago

Anyone have the pingraffix side blades installed?

Trying to decide if this enhances the look of the game at all.

#2542 6 years ago

I wish someone would start selling these plane mods, much better looking!

1 month later
#2627 6 years ago

Anyone ever have an issue where the game randomly adds players to the game?

Seems sometimes when playing 1 player it works fine and then a few games later before you know it you have a 4 player game going! lol

Annoying to say the least

#2632 6 years ago

Sticky start button.
Had it happen on a few games.
Pull start burron out and clean that micro switch button, tiny button start hits on white housing. They get build up of dust and stay in... then will register another game after about 5 seconds.
Sound right?

Thanks - I’ll start with this.

I never really noticed when the next games were added to be sure but seems like an easy possible cause.

I’ll let you know

#2635 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

You'll know if you enter a high score and it double up an initial.

True, only problem is I haven't consistently been able to crack into the top scores! I suck, lol,

#2637 6 years ago

So I was finally able to locate what is causing additional players to be added during ball 1. It is the right outlane upper switch, just not sure how it is triggering additional players.

#2639 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

under the POA theres a diode, the one overtop the mode hole. Gets hit pretty often and get knocked around. My game was adding players every ball. Bent the diode back into place and it fixed it. That diode is notorious for causing that issue

Doesn't appear that is the problem. I think....

Only time it does this is when the ball hits the right outlane rollover switch on first ball.

#2668 6 years ago

I took a good look at the right outlane switch and wiring that is causing my additional player issue. Everything appears good.

Switch functions normally after first ball on one player game. As long as there is no right outlane drain then no additional players are added.

Any other suggestions?

#2673 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Looking at the switch matrix (which I'm assuming you have gone through multiple times already), the start button and right outlane switch are both on the Green-Brown wire. Clearly, there is a problem with the path somewhere, most likely a bad diode that is letting the signal through the start button. Check the diodes and for proper function on all the other switches on that path (Single Drop Top, Buy-in Button, Plumb Bob Tilt, Left Outlane, Left Return Lane, Right Return Lane) in addition to the diodes for the start button and right outlane switch. Maybe somebody else knows how to find the problem quicker, so apologies if this is bad advice, but that's where I'd start.
Here's an excerpt from http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/repair-guides/146-switch-matrix-theory-and-troubleshooting#common-problems
Random Switch Indications
Random switch indications occur when one switch is closed and another switch erroneously thinks it has also been closed. For example, A ball hits the left sling and one of the pop bumpers fires. This is typically caused by a reversed diode, a shorted diode, the switch improperly wired or diode lead touching one of the other switch lugs. Any of these issues allows current to flow backwards and take a row low that shouldn't be low at that time.
While this is often a one to one relationship (one switch closes and one switch thinks it's closed when it isn't) there can be multiple one to one relationships.

Thanks - I did look at that.

I think I have it narrowed down to the single drop or the bottom rt Mini PF diode.

The single drop is giving me an error during test mode but seems to function fine. Could be causing the issue.

A few others mentioned same issue and it was the rt lower mini PF opto/diode.

I am obviously trying not to tear everything apart!

#2681 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Looking at the switch matrix (which I'm assuming you have gone through multiple times already), the start button and right outlane switch are both on the Green-Brown wire. Clearly, there is a problem with the path somewhere, most likely a bad diode that is letting the signal through the start button. Check the diodes and for proper function on all the other switches on that path (Single Drop Top, Buy-in Button, Plumb Bob Tilt, Left Outlane, Left Return Lane, Right Return Lane) in addition to the diodes for the start button and right outlane switch. Maybe somebody else knows how to find the problem quicker, so apologies if this is bad advice, but that's where I'd start.
Here's an excerpt from http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/repair-guides/146-switch-matrix-theory-and-troubleshooting#common-problems
Random Switch Indications
Random switch indications occur when one switch is closed and another switch erroneously thinks it has also been closed. For example, A ball hits the left sling and one of the pop bumpers fires. This is typically caused by a reversed diode, a shorted diode, the switch improperly wired or diode lead touching one of the other switch lugs. Any of these issues allows current to flow backwards and take a row low that shouldn't be low at that time.
While this is often a one to one relationship (one switch closes and one switch thinks it's closed when it isn't) there can be multiple one to one relationships.

It was indeed the diode bottom right mini pf. It was ever so slightly bent and touching some other metal. Thanks for the pointers!

Anyone rocking some side art blades on their Indy? I'm considering either pingraffix or tilt. Any thoughts?

#2686 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Are they aware of other pf elements, like ruin, mini pf, and so on? I think the good pinblade follows the pf elements. IJ is assymetrical from this point of view, pingraffix and tilt design is basically a mirrored setup.
3rd version below (I don't know the source). Averell posted another version ~2 months ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/46#post-3988052

I see what your saying.

Talk about muddying the waters!lol

I’m hoping to see some pics of the various installed. Not many sample pics on the web that are actually installed.

#2691 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

No wonder why... Looks nice as standalone graphics... You order it, install it... Hmmm, looks strange... Let me send this back... Wait, I can't

Is that your machine you posted pics of?

I think those look good, are they from Averell or somewhere else?

#2693 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

These are from Averell. I printed mine and they look awesome and blend really well with the lost plastic! Thanks Averell!

Those don’t look like the ones pictured in post 2682.

2 weeks later
#2759 6 years ago

Does anyone know of any vendors that sell the modified speaker panel needed for the jackpot light mod?

#2762 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Sold out everywhere.
Do you have skills and wood router to modify the panel? If the answer is yes, all you need is:
Wood router with small bit
Template about jackpot objects
C clamps
Safety glass
Courage

Thanks for the info... bummer on them being sold out, would think with these light boards being readily available that somebody would have them.

Yes - I have some router skills but probably something I don't feel Like taking the risk on hacking it up! Lol

#2769 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Noted. For stock speakers (left big hole, right small hole), or upgraded version (post 2761)?

The upgraded would be for after market speakers correct?

So we need one more buyer since you would be shipping 3 correct?

#2773 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

The upgraded one is compatible with big speakers - without mounting adapter.
The original design is compatible with stock speakers, or with big speakers with mounting adapter at right side.
No minimum order quantity, I can send 1 or 2, no need to wait until 3 or 4. The point is, shipping cost is same for 1 or 2 or 3.
Just talked to carpenter: he is overloaded like hell, and the leadtime is 3 months. Go or no go (same question to MikeHogue)?

I'm in as well!

#2795 6 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Excellent! Thanks psw757 for taking the initiative.
As stated, I was not trying to "steal" your request, I just wanted to make sure something actually came of it.
I am interested in a panel when available!

No worries, I think we should get as many as we can since these are so hard to come buy. There seems to be quite a bit of interest. I guess we will wait and see when this should all happen.

#2797 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Do we know what an "all-in" price for this would be once we pay for shipping from Europe and 2nd shipping in US? I am thinking of routing my current one, but for the right price would be in for the group buy.

Well I think Davi said he could ship either 3 or 6 for $55. Not sure what other costs are at the moment. Once here in the states there will be another small shipping fee to redistribute to you folks.

Edit - should have added we just need to determine how much to get the 6 or 9 of them to the US. That is the most costly part but with several of us buying the cost shipped will be greatly reduced.

Once here I can’t imagine these costing more than $7-10 via usps to get them to you all.

#2803 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

So what do I need to do to get one or get on the list?

Send Davi a msg

3 months later
#3051 5 years ago

What’s the general consensus on changing over to LEDs?

Anyone regret making the change?

I would want to retain the original color palette as much as possible.

2 weeks later
#3081 5 years ago

Have their ever been any Indy lollipop rails or button guards made for this machine?

#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Update:
Raw panel is ready, however I had no time to work on it. I was far for a while from any pinball project due to family activities, but I will do it in June.

Thanks for the update... no worries on the delay, looking forward to getting it when ready though!

1 week later
#3118 5 years ago

Anyone light up the lost plastic area with a led strip or other additional lighting?

I am aware of the lost plastic led board but don’t really want to do any cutting or drilling.

It’s so dim back there that you can hardly see the plastic.

#3121 5 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

For the lost plastic there was an original bulb assembly available.
You can use it with bulbs and LED either.

Is this bulb assembly factory installed or aftermarket? Where would it be located?

#3125 5 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Only prototypes and early production had that bulb assembly.
It looks similar to the Jackpot light board but of course it's different in size and wiring. It was mounted to the backboard left at a slot where the lost plastic was illuminated thru.
You can buy repro boards with LED and rebuild the backboard... not so difficult.
Because of increasing costs Williams droped the bulbs and later series production had no platic anymore, that's why it's called the lost plastic.
The wiring is simple with a connector in the Backbox without any other effect.
When I lit the backplex, I just connected to the GI and the LED board is placed in the same position as the one at original backboard.
So if you want to use a standard backboard, you just have to cut it out.

Seems like an awful lot of work for such a small area of illumination.

Any other options to throw a little light there so you can actually see the list plastic?

Perhaps an small led strip?

2 weeks later
#3144 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

does your jackpot shot work though or is there no sound when you hit that? Would think that's def in there no?

Pretty sure it works on mine. There are a couple mixes out there but there is really only one that is perfect.

#3152 5 years ago

I think this is likely the issue. Maybe needs upgraded power supply, I had a similar issue with my DEsW with pinsound and this corrected it.
Haven’t had any issues with the standard pinsound with the IJ files.

#3178 5 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

This confirms that my issues are happening to others. Thanks for confirming this.
On the mix you have you will notice the folder numbers are all different too...I tried messing with those and nothing worked. Delt, do you have the sounds for shooting the swordsman after the streets of Cairo mode? Check it out that one is missing too form that website mix.
Ollie’s mix works but ticks like crazy...he is aware of it and so is Nicholas at Pinsound. I have been anxiously awaiting the solution to this. I know they are busy there so I haven’t been emailing them. Everyday I hope to get on the message board and see a resolution....

When do you hear the ticking, At boot up or during the game?

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So you think the mix that works well except for those two sounds works perfect on the original pinsound board?

I have the original pinsound board and have not experienced any of these issues.

1 month later
#3256 5 years ago

I’m amazed that nobody has made siderails with flipper guards, could even have Indy’s leather whip laser cut into it.

I really think these would sell if made.

#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I would say this is correct. Closer inspection of the panels reveals some intricate workmanship -- If I was to attempt the process it would likely have to be with a piece of hardwood. . . I'd have the particle board turned into a pile of sawdust in no time.
For the record, if anyone needs something shipped from Hungary Davi is your guy -- some quality packaging took place on these panels. As you can see they look to have arrived safely.
[quoted image]
I have four of them boxed up and will try to get to the Post Office in the near future. Was planning on getting there today but had a new digital x-ray system installed here at the clinic so my afternoon was tied up in training.

Sweet - those look like my speaker inserts to make the stock speakers work!

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Yes, the speaker adapter is yours. I think this is the only one adapter in the world with a purpose to hold the small stock speaker

Lol! I'm sure at some point I will remove it in favor of new speakers but I still think the originals sound great especially compared to today's new machines!

Thanks again for taking the task of making these for all of us, craftsmanship looks excellent in the pictures!

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’ll be making at least one or two more if anyone is interested

I’m interested!

#3294 5 years ago

Looks great - I’d be interested in one of each, hate the original planes.

#3345 5 years ago

Not cool that people are so non commital and you should definitely take deposits at a minimum for this type of stuff.

#3354 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I've been communicating with KornFreak28 on one possible solution to this. I've the material to make an LED harness, one that is PCB-less. There is really nothing to the circuit (couple of diodes, resistors and LEDs). It can hopefully be built using shrink tubing and it may even be able to be put inside the plane... but we need to prototype it first... dunno how it will all work/fit. In the next couple of days I will put together a prototype and if it looks like it will work, I will donate the completed harnesses to be installed in the model(s) for whomever wants them. Please give me a couple of days... I WILL do this, I think KornFreak28's models are awesome and would like to see them completed.

That’s great,thanks for offering that!

#3364 5 years ago

I’m sure we could find someone that could get these for us and ship them to the US if this is the best option.

Probably don’t ship to US because of cost but if we are getting several it may be worth asking about.

1 week later
#3390 5 years ago

Anyone install their jackpot panel yet? Did you pull the threaded inserts out of original panel to use existing hardware?

#3391 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone install their jackpot panel yet? Did you pull the threaded inserts out of original panel to use existing hardware?

Disregard! I'm a moron, lol

#3392 5 years ago

Davi requested a picture of his light board panel installed and here it is in attract mode... fit perfectly and the jackpot board from Marco fit perfectly with no color washout/bleed through plastic.

DBE96726-40FA-469F-93BB-C4427CE341E2 (resized).jpegDBE96726-40FA-469F-93BB-C4427CE341E2 (resized).jpeg
#3395 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks like this works with color LCD ? So I just need the jackpot board? How hard is it to install the light board

The board from Marco is LED and works with color dmd, think it was 29.95.

4 screws and small plug goes to j134 and larger to j138 lamp drivers. I think those were the two I used.

Pretty nice add on, activates with the flashers during game and attract mode and stay lit when you complete the associated jackpot award.

1 week later
#3455 5 years ago

Fighter looks great! Nice job!

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from DexterH:

Topic ruined with all these plane posts...Drained.

Then post something else relevant to IJ.

It’s been nothing but crickets here for the last couple weeks.

1 month later
#3687 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks Maide! So that means I need to make some sort of adjustment. Hopefully it’s nothing big
Wait..are you talking about the 3 bank targets or the single target?

Pretty sure both banks reset when Ball added after draining.

6 months later
#4160 5 years ago

Anyone else think it’s strange that custom armor was never produced for this game? Laser cut out of Indy’s whip with colorized backing would be pretty sweet!

#4174 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Not sure I want to tackle the cab decals or not. Seems like it’s a huge project. Also what is better for color display led or lcd? I want one for this game, it seems to warrant it.

I’m happy with the led, not a fan of the smoothing option of lcd. While your at it, you really really need to add the pinsound upgrade with the real voices and music. Really an unbelievable addition.

1 month later
#4313 4 years ago

What kind of anti glare hd glass are you all using?

3 weeks later
#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Just got my cpr backglass wow! The mirroring is really awesome, adds some
nice depth. The color saturation is definitely different. It’s a cooler tone and slightly desaturated compared to the original. There is also some subtle differences in the font. But over all I really like it![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Anything you don’t like about it? Is it a major improvement over original?

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I actually like that it’s not overly color graded orange... meaning the colors look more natural, and the mirroring is awesome. Only thing is it will not fit with the lift channel. But I like it a lot!

So what’s the trick to installing if it doesn’t fit the lift trim?

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It doesn’t come with a lift trim?? That’s unfortunate.
I really want these for my IJ and TZ.

I agree, I want the lift trim on it.

6 months later
#4951 4 years ago

Is there a preferred rubber kit for IJ?

3 weeks later
#5044 4 years ago

Just curious, when using the Endprodukt pinsound version what is the callout for extraball when achieved for exceeding as score?
Mine shows the extra ball animation then says shoot again. Should there be a extra ball callout too?

#5047 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Mine does the same
Does anyone with the endprodukt remix get an issue where there is no jackpot callout?

Hmmm...now you have me thinking about the jackpot.
I want to say there is no jackpot call after you get it. Not 100% sure though.

#5052 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Just tested on my machine.
It has both an extra ball callout by Salah and a jackpot call out by Indy.
There are two versions of Endorodukts mix on the pinsound site so that could be the issue.

Any idea what mix you have?

It’s funny that I’ve just noticed this now after several years...lol

So the extra ball callout by Salah is followed by the shoot again animation and callout?

#5053 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Still trying to resolve my issue with the ball eject out of the trough. Can someone send me a photo of the metal angle above the trough? I think mine might be bent incorrectly.[quoted image]

Could be the cliffy? Mine started doing this after I installed the protector.

#5055 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

definitely could be. Did you end up removing yours?

No because on mine it doesn’t happen very frequently but does occasionally happen.

#5061 4 years ago

Mine is from 2016 so guessing the original pinsound board.

#5066 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

For those with missing call outs, do you have pinsound or pinsound+ boards? I am running a pinsound+ with the latest firmware

Quoted from Outlanes:

Pinsound+ I'll have to check firmware.

So what I’ve noticed on mine with original pinsound is of an extra ball is awarded through the pit on POA there is a extra ball callout.

If the extra ball is awarded through a score threshold which I believe is progressive based on high score I don’t get a extraball callout with animation. There is however a shootagain callout once that ball is put in the shooter lane.

As for jackpot callout, I keep bricking that when needed so I’m not sure.
I’m assuming we are taking about the jackpot associated with right ramp or Super jackpot at center hole?

#5067 4 years ago

How many of you have the super ball setting on?

I’ve never even tried it so not sure I understand its use in a free play setting.

#5072 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Thanks. Pretty sure I need to bend that angle slightly to change trajectory.

If it’s hitting that black wood piece I would start with that. It’s held down by 2-3 screws if I recall and needs to be removed to install the cliffy. If it isn’t put back in exactly the way it was it will be struck.

Before you go bending metal parts that are likely not bent and causing issue I would look at everything else.

#5080 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Are you getting the gun blast at the end of the Cairo mode?

Same here, pretty sure I’m getting that sound. I will try it as well.

I have the original version, have had it installed for a while and am running the original sound board as well.

#5090 4 years ago

Anyone able to briefly explain the super ball buy in and if it’s worth doing in a home environment?

#5094 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’m not sure how it works but adding extra balls really depends on you.
The original intent was to keep quarter paying suckers like me around longer by getting an extra quarter to extended a good game. I’m guessing you aren’t charging yourself in your own home so it basically gives you a 4th ball.
For me, i pride my scores on the standard 3 ball plus earned extra balls in game. Others might follow tournament play and not play extra balls. Really depends on your standards of play
So that’s my thoughts, do as you want. It’s your machine

Those were my thoughts, wasn’t sure if the buyin triggered some sort of scoring multiplier.

Makes no sense at home if it’s Just an extra ball.

#5100 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So, did any of you Pinsound peeps get the gunshot sound out of the end of Cairo mode?
Still trying to figure this out

I will take glass off and try later.

#5101 4 years ago

Thinking about buying some anti glare glass, anyone using it?

#5117 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So, did any of you Pinsound peeps get the gunshot sound out of the end of Cairo mode?
Still trying to figure this out

So I just did this for you and when the dmd says pull trigger there is a gun shot sound although not as loud as on ball launch and someone says shit....or it sounds that way.

Edit - correction, dmd says shoot mode start but you can pull trigger and definitely hear gun shot. I’ve tested 4 times now.

#5119 4 years ago

Anyone able to tell me how many of the large 906 flashers behind backglass should be flashing during gameplay?

#5124 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Once you have found Marion (one of the orbits or ramps - note that monkey indicates which to shoot by screaming and jumping up and down), then you need to shoot the start mode for 20M, however if the time for the mode is about the run out then pull the trigger for 2M. I'm not sure if the code uses the same call out for both ways of completing the mode.

Cool, wasn’t sure what the point award was for the mode start.

I was trying to complete the two shots for @wolfemaaan. He wanted to know if anyone had the gunshot sound when pulling trigger. For some reason his is missing.

#5125 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

They follow the flashers for: Right Ramp, Left Ramp, Eternal Life, Jackpot, POA, Left Side and Right Side playfield flashers. There are 12 of them but only 7 drive lines... so most drive more than one led.
I know thats not an exact answer... but you can look at the wiring on the back to see what ones are connected together.

Quoted from PBFan:

The attached picture shows the flasher bulbs that light during the flasher test identified by the test number. Hope that helps.
[quoted image]

Quoted from PBFan:

The attached picture shows the flasher bulbs that light during the flasher test identified by the test number. Hope that helps.
[quoted image]

Thanks for those. I had one out and when doing the bulb test I couldn’t test them all at once and they seem random depending on what’s going on. I did determine the bad bulb.

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Can you DM me a link to get the same copy of the Pinsound file you are using?

Let me see if I have the file on my Mac.

#5128 4 years ago

Anyone still selling Airball mods? I have a crack in one of mine.

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

How can the plastic break... made of Plexi?
Use PET-G and the protector will last forever.

I have an older version from a few years ago and it isn’t the one from @davi.

The captive ball protector is chipped on left corner and the 3 bank protector has some spider web cracks at front right corner.

Can’t really notice it but I took them off yesterday to replace all my runners and obviously got a close up look.

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah I’m gonna keep trouble shooting with Pinsound, hopefully we can figure it out. Curious if anything else if not working I’m not aware of

Check your jackpot and extra ball callouts(8 variations) depending on how they are awarded. I think I’m missing one but not a big deal.

#5152 4 years ago

Thank you for looking into this and troubleshooting for those of us with no time.
I have pinsound+ and have no idea what Im missing.
You get the gunshot at Ball Launch?, right?

It’s a different quieter sounding gunshot for streets of Cairo, almost muted a bit because there is some dialogue associated with it.

On a different note I’ve been noticing g perhaps a color dmd bug. Pre game when cycling through high scores etc... you get to extra ball at say 338,000,000 and it’s colorized.

However as you are approaching it during gameplay it will remind you with the same text however not colorized, anyone else notice or experience this?

2 weeks later
#5199 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, no matter how rigged the Pinside top 100 is, this is the greatest pin ever made. JJP POTC might have an argument, but everything else rated here is not ever close.
Hey let’s hit a castle that’s 2/3 the size of the playfield? Of course you can hit it and do great, it’s 2/3 the playfield. Boom #1 pin, um no Mediocre Madness
Williams Indiana Jones is the GOAT

It’s the best game period. JJP POTC is a great game BUT is missing a few things to put it over the top. Imagine IJ with no theme music or actor audio among other things.

The way Indy uses the modes and video modes totally captures the essence of the first 3 movies.

Pure pinball perfection!

#5200 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm getting into re-assembly of my play field. I've got the Pinbits lost plastic light board that you install behind the back board of the play field. Installation requires a slot to be cut out of the back board for the light to pass through the lost plastic behind the rope bridge plastic.
I'm really wondering if i should do this. I'm like 50/50 on it. Now is the time to make the decision. I've not been able to find any pictures of this mod and how well it lights up the plastic. On the surface it doesn't look like its worth it... but I'd like to see one installed and lit to confirm or deny that.

I’ve been trying to come up with a way to light this area just a little bit myself. Have the lost plastic and it is really not that visible while playing. Don’t want major tear down though to install. Perhaps a led light strip from above along topside of cabinet/glass channel area?

#5208 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

No one needs a lost plastic...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’m a bit confused, what exactly am I looking at here? Light mod for the plastic?

#5210 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So did you print the Lost Plastic image on a 1/4 inch thick plexiglass sheet? Either way, looks cool AF

Agree that is a cool look and I’m amazed nobody has made this mod.

I’d buy one if someone made them.

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It's a 3/4" sheet. If everything goes well, you will see soon this mod in this thread.

Sounds good, count me in!

1 week later
#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

WOW! Finally got Eternal Life Wizard mode! Wholly shit![quoted image]

Nice, I haven’t gotten there yet!

#5266 4 years ago

am I reading this correctly, the greatest game ever built has a dicked up wizard mode?

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Hey all. I just did a flipper rebuild over the weekend and not the airballs from the drop targets is really bad. Is there a fix available. I know someone made a plastic but they are all gone. Is there another solution?

Not that I’m aware of I have the plastic and can use a new one.

Anyone making them?

#5282 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Congrats on Wizard Mode! Since you have eternal life for 30 seconds, i personally have found the best bet is to go for the right ramp and POA during that time ( since it is the toughest shot and you gotta hit it twice). And once there are 6 balls out there, you rarely get many clear shots. So, while you have that 30 seconds of eternal life, let a few balls intentionally drain here and there to keep that shot more clear and keep shooting for that right ramp.

So just out of curiosity what is happening on the dmd while this is going on?

3 months later
#6054 3 years ago

Anyone rockin the comet led kit in their INdy that can post some pics?

#6056 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Comet sunlights everywhere brother... you won't regret it.

Was looking at your matrix again, you didn’t use led for any flashers in the game?

You have a pic of finished look of lighting you did?

#6060 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I used LED flashers for the back box and everything underneath the playfield. Everything on top of the playfield is incandescent flashers.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1nUDQhNMCDqx9Zcf7
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vWCDP2mHtD3iR8CfPyN1i4qBFt_whKb21BIooUhlpP4/edit?usp=sharing
[quoted image]

That looks good, keeps original color palette and brightens it up a bit.

1 week later
#6085 3 years ago

What is proper rubber setup on the post just above the narrow escape post?

I’ve seen both a single rubber installed and two small rubbers.

#6087 3 years ago

I have a single rubber around the two posts but the game seems to play better with a small rubber ring around each post. I wasn’t sure what was original.

I got my game several years ago but when I swapped all the rubbers out it came with a single for that location.

3 months later
#6552 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

The conical shape is key.

You going to be selling these? We’ve needed something like this for a very long time. Nothing I have tried has worked well.

#6554 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

That’s my intent. If I can find a way to make them easily and with consistency of quality (which I’m pretty sure I can) I will.
Once I get the last few tweaks in ... I’ll be ready.

Awesome, surprised nobody has really attempted a more permanent fix like this.

#6587 3 years ago

Another LED dmd user here, I think the large dots are kind of wonky looking and annoying.

I’ve gone to LED on all my machines that have DMD.

#6610 3 years ago

Anyone think that the under pf mod will cause more wear to the hole since ball will sit lower?

I do have a cliffy installed but it doesn’t cover the entire edge/lip.

#6617 3 years ago

I’ll take one as well!

2 weeks later
#6822 3 years ago

When are the mode hole scoops going to be ready?

1 week later
#6896 3 years ago

Anyone have a part number handy for the missing bulb socket to the right of the Y lane?

I’m going to install when I swap over to LED.

#6900 3 years ago

Glad I asked, I was assuming a-16739. For some reason my manual doesn’t depict any of the rollover lane lights.

#6970 3 years ago

Can wait for the mode scoop, I think my make percentage is less than 50% and I’ve tried all kinds of foam, rubber door gasket rubber you name it.

Will take game to another level!

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Almost done ... small adjustments, dialing in and good for another 27 years
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, what are you lighting rope bridge up with?

#7007 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I need a template for that.
Does any one have a scan or a used one i could borrow?
Or a mechanical drawing with measurements?
I have a couple of those boards, one is led. But no template to cut the slot!

Does the slot need to be as big as the oem shown?

#7009 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I thought that initially as well. However I think you want it to be that way... to allow for more light to permeate.
I can make a template with a smaller slot if people feel it’s better.

Trying to decide if it’s worth all the work to remove route and replace.

#7012 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Here is the Pinbits kit... and the templates for reference.
[quoted image]

Yeah, this is a mod that if anyone were to ever make with intent to sell to the community would be worthy of a substantial charge.

Drop in replacement backboard that are pre routed and drilled for plastics wireform etc...

Just swap everything over.

If anyone decides to do this I’ll be your first customer! Name you price, within reason..lol

#7014 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I wonder if Taylor would be willing to do these? I have the same template from Pinbits and would send it to him.

I don’t think there are very machines out there with the cutout and I think if they were available, they would sell big time. So many complain about the lack of lighting in that area.

#7023 3 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

Here is an easy alternative to lighting the rope bridge. I used a warm white LED strip above the rope bridge and tied it into 12v power supply used for idol lock, trough and pinstadium lights.

Any pics of the actual strip? How long is it and where did you get it?

#7031 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I will be making backboards available once I get the deflector in customers hands.
The will come painted with new t-nuts and playfield mounting screws.

Put me on your list..I’ll gladly be your first customer on this!

#7034 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Here you go.

What exactly does this do for gameplay?

#7039 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

... and you will not get awarded Narrow Escape when you are not deserving of it.

You still making them?

If yes, I’ll take one and you can ship with mode scoop.

#7043 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Gotta order from Cliff

Looks great

Didn’t someone say Ricochet made it a few posts back?

#7045 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

He farmed it out to cliff.

Ok

#7066 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

He made the speaker panel with the jackpot cut-outs. CNC cut... very nice.

That’s where I got mine and it was perfect, maybe he can be talked into making some more, lol.

2 weeks later
#7167 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So I was just looking over the picture again ... where are the planes?

Odd looking for sure

1 week later
#7233 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Ok so I changed out the post rubbers and put the proper size on. What a pain to get at. I also swapped to the Davi deflector which has a slightly smaller footprint.
Played a few rounds and I still get Airballs albeit not quite as bad as before. Anything else I can do to minimize them let me know. Thanks![quoted image]

What is the PF pitch?

#7285 3 years ago

If you want a really nice led setup that is about as close to looking incandescent with a warmish look you need to go with @ricochets led matrix he put together. Really fantastic and not weird looking or over the top. Just looks modern with same color palette.

#7288 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Do you have any links or pics?

I’ll get you a photo in a bit

2 months later
#7699 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Sorry for the delay. It’s coming I promise.

This coming soon? Just had 10 rejects in one game, killing me!

#7701 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yeah I had a death in the family ... threw me off kilter for a bit.
I’m truly sorry for the delay. I’m expecting some material this week. I’ve a few in the wild and I’m having some consistency issues. I don’t want to let this go until I can be certain it is perfect. My take on it is that I want everyone to be a wowed by it ... I don’t want any questions of it’s efficacy.
Thanks again for the patience.

No problem, sorry for your loss.

Looking forward to the mod!

#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Thank you ... things are on the move again. Not to mention I’ve to stop using the USPS ... it’s killing my turn around times.

Yeah USPS has been a joke.

Mailed an item that was going about 60 miles from my house and USPS handled Via Galveston, TX. Beyond ridiculous.

#7710 3 years ago

Is there a adjustment for ball trough eject strength? I’d like to turn mine down if possible as I get the occasional high power eject that won’t stay in the lane.

#7741 3 years ago

I’ve never been able to get foam to work, anyone ever give the little round stick on felt pads a try?

#7759 3 years ago

This thread has gotten strange, isn’t there a cat club for this stuff?

#7763 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Ahhh, that’s the one thing I haven’t completed. I’ve also never got the friends jackpot

Friends jackpot? Is that something that happens after collecting all the characters?

#7765 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yup, after you lock in each of the friends it builds up a jackpot. To cash it in (depending how many you locked) you hit the ramp. I’ve never locked in all friends and cashed that in (they are solid not flashing when locked in)

Wow, never knew that. Thanks

2 months later
#7952 2 years ago

When do we get the antidote?

I haven’t been playing mine much lately due to only sticking the shot maybe 3 out of 10 hits. Pisses me off, always when a good game going it mode hole let’s me down!

#7954 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve one anomaly that I new I had going into testing. I wanted to determine if it would happen in the wild.
It does...but... it is NOT a deal breaker. This is the design that I am going with. I’ve a small adjustment I want to get tested to see if I can fix that one issue.
They will be available very soon !!!

Awesome, great news!

2 weeks later
#8031 2 years ago

Thought I would provide some feedback on LAO CHE Antidote provided by Ricochet for testing.

Let’s just say it’s a game changer. On good clean shots from right flipper after 6 games played I made 21/23. On backhands 6/8 on clean shots that didn’t strike a post first.

Prior to the mod I would maybe get 3 or 4 out of 10 to stick.

Best part, still have that nice metal on metal click sound we love when the shot is made.

The wait was worth it, I say give it a go!

3 weeks later
#8189 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Congrats Ricochet on a fantastic product. As you know, I've done well with using the foam-lined mode hole fix. But this sounds to be so well designed and fabricated I might just have to get in on one. You know...to keep as a spare.
Thanks for making a great game even better...it's people like you that make this hobby a joy to be a part of.

Foam doesn’t provide that lovely sound and feel, must scrap that foam and take the antidote!

#8191 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Next fix......Any remedies for preventing the ball from going SDTM from mode scoop once a mode begins?

Haven’t had this issue since antidote installed.

6 months later
#9205 2 years ago

A while back I saw someone making a coin door sticker for the blank spot, any idea where to get one?

9 months later
#9929 1 year ago

Question for anyone with the topper from tilt topper, did you need to add a power connector or is there something already in the cab to plug into? This is for the Williams IJ.

7 months later
#10506 11 months ago

Anyone with a extra elite topper basic model they want to sell?

2 months later
#10644 9 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Wrong. It was great. If you’re a fan, you’ll love it. If you’re a critic, don’t go

Agree, we enjoyed it a lot. Not better than original 3 but far far better than Crystal Skull. Glad we went to see it in theater.

5 months later
#11124 4 months ago

What’s the consensus on Liors Ruin and Idol mods, worth it or better staying stock?

#11137 4 months ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

The ruins look great. I just think they look too realistic when compared with the art style on the playfield.

This was kind of my concern. I do like it on left side dressing up mini PF and covering stainless ramp.

1 month later
#11320 86 days ago

Antidote fix is the best option, I’ve tried all options and now have 95% make rate.

#11331 83 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I wanted to post a few pics of my IJ "Champagne Edition" I recently finished. I really liked the wood grain on the famous disney cabinet and wanted to bring that to the game but with classic graphics. The project also led to new artblades, an apron decal, and a lot of playfield decals including a left ramp decal. I can produce these myself so if anyone is interested pm me.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where is apron magnet from?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 29.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 85.00
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 12.95
$ 1,419.00
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.