Screenshot_20240614-021723_Gallery (resized).jpg
DSC_2499 (resized).JPG
You_Doodle_2024-06-13T23_49_23Z (resized).jpeg
IMG_8605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8604 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1665 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1658 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,854 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 238.
#11751 37 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

However every solenoid in the solenoid test menu is not firing EXCEPT the idol motor.

First (stupid) thing is to verify that the high voltage interlock switch in the coin door is pushed in (closed either physically by your hand or the actuator attached to the coin door). This is easy to overlook.

Playfield motors are powered by +12VU. Flashers are powered by +20V. Solenoids are powered by +50V. I ass-u-me (these usually make an ass out of me) that the flashers are working since they are a separate test (T.5).

No solenoids? Also confirm no flippers since those are solenoids but not tested as part of T.4. I ass-u-me that the flippers probably are not working.

00_solenoid_voltage_supply.jpg00_solenoid_voltage_supply.jpg

Check for the presence of +50V at the test point. This will read ~70VDC. It is unregulated so a precise value is not guaranteed. Rather it should be within a "tolerance" range. If voltage is absent then it indicates that F112 is probably blown.

Quoted from pinchamp:

So I need to replace this board. Something else fried as well?

The 8-Driver Auxiliary board needs to be repaired. Not necessarily replaced. Repair is almost always cheaper than replace. At least, if you do the repair yourself. If you send the board out for repair, the shipping (both ways) may make the repair cost ineffective.

If you choose to replace this board, make sure you purchase a board that has the pulldown resistor modification on it. That is an important "fix" to prevent floating signals on the data bus. I can recommend some available board manufacturers if you have trouble locating a board.

For the moment, you should look to understanding all your failures before making any purchase, since you may need to make more than one purchase depending on what's wrong.

#11752 37 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Wow DumbAss that is awesome. I put the board from TZ into IJ as you suggested and both the idol and mini playfield start up and test fine.
However every solenoid in the solenoid test menu is not firing EXCEPT the idol motor.
So I need to replace this board. Something else fried as well?

I think I might have a couple of the aux driver boards. If you’re interested I believe they are fine? I am pretty sure DumbAss makes a high quality replacement of any board you need.

#11753 37 days ago

Dumbass is no dumb ass! Nice find!

#11754 37 days ago

Not the hero we deserve but the hero we need

#11755 37 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Not the hero we deserve but the hero we need

Literally watching Batman as I read this

#11756 37 days ago

So funny story. (Not really but kinda). After DumbAss suggestion to try my TZ board in IJ then I just sold and moved my TZ out the door. Decided to put the old board back in so I could test solenoids and when I turned it back on… yup the upper playfield and idol are working.

Then I did end up having to change some fuses. 112, 105 and 901. Those were all connected to different solenoids. I forgot when I swapped driver boards I did not check the fuses on my spare and 112 and 105 were burnt on that board.

So back playing 100%. The only issue is the one that started me down this path. That is the game resets to factory settings every time I turn it off. I’m have new battery holder and new batteries. I was going to try NV Ram and that’s when I messed up and put upside down. Gonna get another NVRam chip and see if that solves the factory reset issue.

I gotta say DumbAss you are an amazing asset to our community. I can’t thank you enough for pushing me in the right direction. This game has been in my collection the longest and it is so nice to have it playing again!

IMG_2167 (resized).jpegIMG_2167 (resized).jpegIMG_4922 (resized).jpegIMG_4922 (resized).jpeg
#11757 36 days ago

Anywhere I can get an Indy topper. Not the 3k one that belongs in a museum.

#11758 36 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

The one you see on my game above shows that Tilt Topper still has them.

HOWEVER. I can currently not recommend them. I paid for a Jurassic park topper back in September 2023 and they still have not shipped to me. Every month I ask and they say “next week” so seems it’s a real Sh*t show over there right now.

Perhaps if you contact them first and see if they actually have them and can ship them. I don’t know. They use to be good and legit but maybe not anymore?

Heed the warning and buy at your own risk:
https://tilttopper.com/shop/ols/products/indiana-jones-pinball-topper

#11759 36 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

$20 from Target

IMG_2817 (resized).jpegIMG_2817 (resized).jpeg
#11760 36 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

HOWEVER. I can currently not recommend them. I paid for a Jurassic park topper back in September 2023 and they still have not shipped to me. Every month I ask and they say “next week” so seems it’s a real Sh*t show over there right now.
Perhaps if you contact them first and see if they actually have them and can ship them. I don’t know. They use to be good and legit but maybe not anymore?

Thx…. The target one looks cool. Just too small

#11761 36 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx…. The target one looks cool. Just too small

Diamond Select Toys has put out a number of things recently with the new movie. I picked up these various vinyl figures at a decent price and they've worked out well for me. I made a mounting plate out of metal that has front and back LED strips, and allows me to attach the idol up there with magnets so it doesn't fall over but I can easily reposition it if I want. I have mounting hardware on the back so I can eventually make a laser cut piece of acrylic with UV printed art on it for a back drop.

Some of these are on sale right now as well so you might want to pick them while they are discounted.
https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Indiana-Raiders/dp/B0C1ZZZ8FN
https://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Golden-Idol-Bank/dp/B0C1ZZCV7X
https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Indiana-Temple/dp/B0C1ZXFXP8
IMG_4825 (resized).jpegIMG_4825 (resized).jpeg

#11762 35 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Diamond Select Toys has put out a number of things recently with the new movie. I picked up these various vinyl figures at a decent price and they've worked out well for me. I made a mounting plate out of metal that has front and back LED strips, and allows me to attach the idol up there with magnets so it doesn't fall over but I can easily reposition it if I want. I have mounting hardware on the back so I can eventually make a laser cut piece of acrylic with UV printed art on it for a back drop.
Some of these are on sale right now as well so you might want to pick them while they are discounted.
https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Indiana-Raiders/dp/B0C1ZZZ8FN
https://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Golden-Idol-Bank/dp/B0C1ZZCV7X
https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Indiana-Temple/dp/B0C1ZXFXP8
[quoted image]

I bought these two statues not for a topper, but to add to my gameroom, and they are really well done.

#11763 35 days ago

Where can I grab one set of security bolts for gun. Mine only had 2. Thx

#11764 35 days ago

Take one of them off, go to a real hardware store, and look at their selection of carriage bolts.

At least, that’s what is on my machine.

#11765 34 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Yes, I'm asking what the name of the board or part number is you replaced out of curiosity. I don't fully know the complete workings of the mini playfield yet as I haven't had the time to dig into my issues. Is this the bridge driver board?

Anyone need A-15946 Bridge Driver Board? I just bought one for $64.95 + $10.95 shipping ($75.90) and found I already have one. I will sell it for $60 shipped in the US.

A-15946 Board (resized).JPGA-15946 Board (resized).JPG
#11766 34 days ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Anyone need A-15946 Bridge Driver Board? I just bought one for $64.95 + $10.95 shipping ($75.90) and found I already have one. I will sell it for $60 shipped in the US.
[quoted image]

I'll buy it. PM me if still available and I'll work out payment.

#11767 32 days ago

Victor - You are a gem. I don't know of many other pinsiders that would go to those lengths to help a brother out like that..

We are so lucky to have you local!

#11768 32 days ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Victor - You are a gem. I don't know of many other pinsiders that would go to those lengths to help a brother out like that..
We are so lucky to have you local!

If you'd like to see how far pinsiders will go to help each other out, take a trip on the insane rollercoaster that is the Shredder Addams Family scratch build:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-scratch-build

Read this, and marvel at the helpfulness and sheer patience of your fellow pinsiders.

#11769 31 days ago

Clearing out some stuff I've purchased over the last year or so. Most of this stuff is new and was opened and I decided I didn't want it for one reason or another.

*SOLD* - Mirrored Backglass - $250 shipped.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/177153
IMG_4928 (resized).jpgIMG_4928 (resized).jpg

*SOLD* - Speaker Panel - $75 shipped.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/177152
IMG_5545 (resized).jpgIMG_5545 (resized).jpg

*SOLD* - Speaker Panel Wood - Free + shipping costs.
IMG_5549 (resized).jpgIMG_5549 (resized).jpg

*SOLD* - DMD No Glare Film For Williams/Bally WPC Era - Free + shipping costs.
IMG_5548 (resized).jpgIMG_5548 (resized).jpg

I also have a number of old speakers out of WPC and Spike 2 games, if there is any interest in those I can dig them out and take pictures, they'd be free + shipping costs.

#11770 31 days ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

If you'd like to see how far pinsiders will go to help each other out, take a trip on the insane rollercoaster that is the Shredder Addams Family scratch build:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-scratch-build
Read this, and marvel at the helpfulness and sheer patience of your fellow pinsiders.

Oh I've been following, looks like he's getting closer but still a long way to go...

#11771 31 days ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Oh I've been following, looks like he's getting closer but still a long way to go...

Right!? I’ve been watching since day 1, cheering him on, I’ve built 4 games from scratch and now on the next since

#11772 28 days ago

Hello everybody !

I need your help to understand what are those 2 followings connectors under the playfield.
I guess that one of them (which one ?) is for the red leds of the green plane (this is missing on my machine).
But what about the second one ?
All seems to be ok, all seems to work fine.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

20240518_122519 (resized).jpg20240518_122519 (resized).jpg20240518_122549 (resized).jpg20240518_122549 (resized).jpg

#11773 27 days ago
Quoted from kryss63:

Hello everybody !
I need your help to understand what are those 2 followings connectors under the playfield.
I guess that one of them (which one ?) is for the red leds of the green plane (this is missing on my machine).
But what about the second one ?
All seems to be ok, all seems to work fine.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
[quoted image][quoted image]

The molex with gray-yellow wire is your plane’s LED flasher

The molex with red-white wire is your right ramp flasher… The pic is a little murky … if it’s got a blue-red wire then it’s the right ramp flasher.

Your game will work fine without them connected. You’ll just be missing out on some lighting effects.

#11774 25 days ago

"The molex with gray-yellow wire is your plane’s LED flasher"
=> Ok, thank you !

"The molex with red-white wire is your right ramp flasher… The pic is a little murky … if it’s got a blue-red wire then it’s the right ramp flasher."
You're right for the colors. But impossible to find a picture of this flasher. I think it's totally missing on my machine so that no idea of what it's supposed to look like and where it's supposed to be...

20240521_154916 (resized).jpg20240521_154916 (resized).jpg
#11775 25 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

They took a while, but was worth the wait for mine.

#11776 25 days ago
Quoted from kryss63:

"The molex with gray-yellow wire is your plane’s LED flasher"
=> Ok, thank you !
"The molex with red-white wire is your right ramp flasher… The pic is a little murky … if it’s got a blue-red wire then it’s the right ramp flasher."
You're right for the colors. But impossible to find a picture of this flasher. I think it's totally missing on my machine so that no idea of what it's supposed to look like and where it's supposed to be...[quoted image]

The flasher should be on the top of your right ramp… it’s green.
You_Doodle_2024-05-22T02_23_55Z (resized).jpegYou_Doodle_2024-05-22T02_23_55Z (resized).jpeg

#11777 24 days ago

Thank you Jjlp these are very nice!

IMG_1498 (resized).jpegIMG_1498 (resized).jpegIMG_1499 (resized).jpegIMG_1499 (resized).jpeg
#11778 24 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

[quoted image]

Ok, great. Really apreciate.
Some parts are missing on mine...

20240522_222228 (resized).jpg20240522_222228 (resized).jpg
#11779 24 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Thank you Jjlp these are very nice!

Are these still available? Did a search and don’t see them.

#11781 24 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are these still available? Did a search and don’t see them.

Yeah, thanks Davi

you could also PM Jjlp (That is what I did) Look through that thread and pick the ones you like and then ask him if they are still available.

#11782 22 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

[quoted image]

In fact, my ramp is totally broken, so that all the flasher assembly and wires have been removed.
I searched in manual but without success.

Could you help me to list the parts I need ?

- ramp : ok
- green flasher plastic with 2 screws : ok

- bracket ?
- connection ?
- bulb ? (#906 I think)

If somebody can remove the green dome and take a picture, it will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance

#11783 22 days ago
Quoted from kryss63:

In fact, my ramp is totally broken, so that all the flasher assembly and wires have been removed.
I searched in manual but without success.
Could you help me to list the parts I need ?
- ramp : ok
- green flasher plastic with 2 screws : ok
- bracket ?
- connection ?
- bulb ? (#906 I think)
If somebody can remove the green dome and take a picture, it will help me a lot.
Thanks in advance

For the flasher assembly, you need:
24-8803: socket large pcb twist
5768-13590-00: pcb single lamp
And of course a 906 type flasher.

For the harness, you need 2 and 3 pin Molex connectors with female pins (062 series), and 22 AWG wires for the switch (green, white) and for the flasher (blue, red/white), ~50 cm/each.

#11784 22 days ago
Quoted from Davi:

For the flasher assembly, you need:
24-8803: socket large pcb twist
5768-13590-00: pcb single lamp
And of course a 906 type flasher.
For the harness, you need 2 and 3 pin Molex connectors with female pins (062 series), and 22 AWG wires for the switch (green, white) and for the flasher (blue, red/white), ~50 cm/each.

Thank you so much ! I'm a little bit afraid, you are speaking about a switch ?
Wow...
I try to find a picture without the green cap

#11785 22 days ago
Quoted from kryss63:

Thank you so much ! I'm a little bit afraid, you are speaking about a switch ?
Wow...
I try to find a picture without the green cap

Yes, there is a switch at the exit of the right plastic ramp. Your ramp is broken, the flasher segment is missing.

20240524_145743 (resized).jpg20240524_145743 (resized).jpg20240524_145754 (resized).jpg20240524_145754 (resized).jpg
#11786 22 days ago
Quoted from Davi:

Yes, there is a switch at the exit of the right plastic ramp. Your ramp is broken, the flasher segment is missing.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, great, I have the switch, it is ok for that.
Just the complet flasher is missing.
For the harness, I need a 3 pin Molex with MALE connector.
(Female is on the playfield harness)

#11787 22 days ago
Quoted from kryss63:

Ok, great, I have the switch, it is ok for that.
Just the complet flasher is missing.
For the harness, I need a 3 pin Molex with MALE connector.
(Female is on the playfield harness)

Right, a male version is required. Most probably you can't find a flasher board in the shops, but I can send you one repro board. Let's continue via PM.

#11788 20 days ago

Congrats to George Lucas!

#11789 20 days ago

Having a bit of an issue with the idol not releasing balls. During multi ball it will release 2 but not the 3rd. I can hear it trying to and it flashes and elephant sounds, but it doesn't release it. Then, after a bit, it will release it.

Thoughts?

#11790 20 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Having a bit of an issue with the idol not releasing balls. During multi ball it will release 2 but not the 3rd. I can hear it trying to and it flashes and elephant sounds, but it doesn't release it. Then, after a bit, it will release it.
Thoughts?

Not 100% sure but I think I had this issue and I had to reseat some connectors. Don’t remember but it was the usual suspects

#11791 19 days ago

Thanks a lot Jjlp for this Ranch OAK version:

IMG-20240527-WA0002 (resized).jpegIMG-20240527-WA0002 (resized).jpeg
#11792 19 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Having a bit of an issue with the idol not releasing balls.

I had that problem, optos. The flasher was "confusing" one. It tested fine, just by chance pulled the flasher and it worked. I had already checked, cleaned optos. Reflowed solder joints and redid connectors. Took a while to find.

It seems there can be a good number of reasons for this. As far as I know you just have to start and work through the list until you find it, but more times than not an opto.

#11793 19 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Thoughts?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indiana-jones-idol-troubleshooting-guide#post-5623060

#11794 17 days ago

Looking for a little tech help here

Added the tilt topper the other day and within 20 or so games played I’ve blown f116 2 times.

Only other items power hunger mods on game are the biplane / fighter and color dmd.

Any suggestions for a fix on this?

Edit - have pin sound as well, figured f116 is maybe over loaded but not sure how to get around this and have everything working.

#11795 17 days ago

Hello adventurers, I made a playfield swap, and now I have a little problem with the mini playfield, when in path of adventure, when I tilt the playfield to the right it works perfectly, but when I turn it to the left it goes very slowly, whit 4 or 5 " micro stops" while turning to the left. But when I go to the test menu, it turns to the left fast and without "microstops".
Can someone tell me what to do?
When the path of the adventure starts the playfield its at the maximum to the right, I no longer remember if the path of the adventure when it started the mini playfield was leveled or tilted to the right. Thanks in advance

IMG_20240530_010100.jpgIMG_20240530_010100.jpg
#11796 17 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looking for a little tech help here
Added the tilt topper the other day and within 20 or so games played I’ve blown f116 2 times.
Only other items power hunger mods on game are the biplane / fighter and color dmd.
Any suggestions for a fix on this?
Edit - have pin sound as well, figured f116 is maybe over loaded but not sure how to get around this and have everything working.

Stop hurting your game

Get this: https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1233-arcade-upkeep/03718-dual-voltage-mod-power-supply-kit

#11797 17 days ago

Not familiar with this product, easy install? I’m assuming you’ve purchased one, any issues at all?
Mentions j118 but I thought J116 is the usual spot on board for power.

#11798 15 days ago

I had a note to post back here when more of these were available, so if I did not get back to you directly - apologies!

I have a couple more of these left:

Pin2DMD Brand New: Licensed, activated, and includes wiring harness. Easy to follow install instructions/video 10 minute (tops!) install.

Summer Special: $250 shipped Priority Mail (US ONLY), elsewhere actual cost.

Please PM if interested, thanks!

ij1 (resized).jpgij1 (resized).jpgij2 (resized).jpgij2 (resized).jpg
#11799 15 days ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

I had a note to post back here when more of these were available, so if I did not get back to you directly - apologies!
I have a couple more of these left:
Pin2DMD Brand New: Licensed, activated, and includes wiring harness. Easy to follow install instructions/video 10 minute (tops!) install.
Summer Special: $250 shipped Priority Mail (US ONLY), elsewhere actual cost.
Please PM if interested, thanks!

Just curious what does this offer that is not in color dmd?

#11800 15 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just curious what does this offer that is not in color dmd?

Almost $200 less than ColorDMD's retail price, community driven, open source, and IMO a superior final product in the case of IJ on Pin2DMD versus ColorDMD.

Not trying to throw shade on ColorDMD, I just find Pin2DMD a better more cost-effective alternative on many titles. YMMV.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Hartford, CT
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Barrie, ON
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,854 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 238.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/236 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.