20240720_142127 (resized).jpg
20240720_142119 (resized).jpg
20240720_142107 (resized).jpg
IMG_3660.gif
IMG_3656.gif
IMG_3632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3625.gif
IMG_3617.gif
There are 11,958 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 240.
#11801 53 days ago

Prefer the LCD's with smoothing myself on most titles.

#11802 53 days ago

I prefer ColorDMD as well, because the LCD gives you more options, but it's nice having a lower cost alternative. Competition is great, and the PinDMD seems like a great deal for those that like LED displays.

#11803 53 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I prefer ColorDMD as well, because the LCD gives you more options, but it's nice having a lower cost alternative. Competition is great, and the PinDMD seems like a great deal for those that like LED displays.

Correct, i have some games that came with pin2dmd's and wouldn't consider swapping them out, but i did swap a colordmd out on whitewater too a pin2dmd as i have it set to white only and i could use the lcd elsewhere.

ww4 (resized).jpgww4 (resized).jpg

#11804 53 days ago
Quoted from Days:

Hello adventurers, I made a playfield swap, and now I have a little problem with the mini playfield, when in path of adventure, when I tilt the playfield to the right it works perfectly, but when I turn it to the left it goes very slowly, whit 4 or 5 " micro stops" while turning to the left. But when I go to the test menu, it turns to the left fast and without "microstops".
Can someone tell me what to do?
When the path of the adventure starts the playfield its at the maximum to the right, I no longer remember if the path of the adventure when it started the mini playfield was leveled or tilted to the right. Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

Update here when you fix it. I too have done a playfield swap and get the same problem, with Test Mode working fine then stuttering during actual gameplay. I think it's a bad-fitting connector in the backbox. I think i fiddled with the connectors in the backbox that power the POA and it got better.

#11805 53 days ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

with Test Mode working fine then stuttering during actual gameplay

I had this same issue and after way too much fiddling and troubleshooting, it ended up being dirty flipper optos, so make sure those are all shined up

#11806 53 days ago

Still the greatest game ever made in my book, my happy hour declaration!

#11807 53 days ago
Quoted from Days:

Hello adventurers, I made a playfield swap, and now I have a little problem with the mini playfield, when in path of adventure, when I tilt the playfield to the right it works perfectly, but when I turn it to the left it goes very slowly, whit 4 or 5 " micro stops" while turning to the left. But when I go to the test menu, it turns to the left fast and without "microstops".
Can someone tell me what to do?
When the path of the adventure starts the playfield its at the maximum to the right, I no longer remember if the path of the adventure when it started the mini playfield was leveled or tilted to the right. Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

It should be level at start. Check connections to driver board. Did u replace any boards?

#11808 53 days ago

Hello everybody,

I discover that EOS switchs have been removed, and also the associated wires...
For black/blue and black/green wires, it's ok, I know what I have to do (directly from the fliptronic board, J906)
But where come from the orange wire connected to EOS ? Also directly from the Fliptronic board or from a connector somewhere ?

Thank you for your help.

EDIT : SOLVED, I have found the 3 cut wires in the wiring loom. I don't why it has been cut in the past... but I will repair that !
17172006203859187676498234315517 (resized).jpg17172006203859187676498234315517 (resized).jpg

#11809 53 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anywhere I can get an Indy topper. Not the 3k one that belongs in a museum.

I’m considering this one from modfatherpinball for mine, currently listed on their site for $468

Anyone have this one and can comment?

IMG_4750 (resized).jpegIMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
#11810 53 days ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Almost $200 less than ColorDMD's retail price, community driven, open source, and IMO a superior final product in the case of IJ on Pin2DMD versus ColorDMD.
Not trying to throw shade on ColorDMD, I just find Pin2DMD a better more cost-effective alternative on many titles. YMMV.

I’ve recently come across the XL pin2dmd, I like the larger display, seems like an improvement over other display options just due to size

#11811 53 days ago

Anyone have the Tilttopper that can educate me on hooking it up? It only has a stern hookup, do I need this in J117?

https://www.pinballlife.com/power-tap-board-for-williamsbally-wpc-era-machines.html

#11812 53 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone have the Tilttopper that can educate me on hooking it up? It only has a stern hookup, do I need this in J117?
https://www.pinballlife.com/power-tap-board-for-williamsbally-wpc-era-machines.html

Yes that will work however if you are running other mods like color dmd, planes with spinning propellers etc… you will blow fuse.

I had this happen last week when my tilt topper arrived. Waiting for dual voltage power supply to arrive from arcade upkeep.

#11813 52 days ago

Update here when you fix it. I too have done a playfield swap and get the same problem, with Test Mode working fine then stuttering during actual gameplay. I think it's a bad-fitting connector in the backbox. I think i fiddled with the connectors in the backbox that power the POA and it got better.

I will check the backbox to see if i detect something strange.
thanks

Quoted from Initiative:

I had this same issue and after way too much fiddling and troubleshooting, it ended up being dirty flipper optos, so make sure those are all shined up

i will check also the optos then.

Quoted from Trogdor:

It should be level at start. Check connections to driver board. Did u replace any boards?

thanks for confirming what i suspected, that it should be level at start.
I didn't replaced any boards. I will check the connections to the driver board too.

Thanks to all of you, i will try to see if i find what's the error, i will update here if i find the problem

#11814 46 days ago
Quoted from colocole:

I’m considering this one from modfatherpinball for mine, currently listed on their site for $468

Anyone have this one and can comment?

I'm interested too!

#11815 46 days ago

Took him 8 weeks to get it to me. It needed a little TLC when it arrived so that was also a tad annoying. However, I really like it.

IMG_1658 (resized).jpegIMG_1658 (resized).jpegIMG_1663 (resized).jpegIMG_1663 (resized).jpegIMG_1665 (resized).jpegIMG_1665 (resized).jpeg
#11816 45 days ago

A while back I posted about my idol mech not releasing balls properly. Y'all gave a ton of good info on what to look for.

However, upon quick tests and inspection the culprit was a dirty coil and post that was getting stuck when the ball release door lowered. That was causing all kinds of havoc during multiball.

Took the coil out, cleaned it nicely and made sure the post was free of debris. Viola!

So, if you idol is not releasing balls properly easy thing to check first is the release door and coil

#11817 44 days ago

Xbox Showcase Reveal

#11818 44 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

dirty coil and post that was getting stuck

Glad you figured it out and good to know. It seems there can be many causes that give issues. Just have to start somewhere and keep trying until you find it.

#11819 44 days ago

Can someone send me a pdf of the manual? thoughts on OG Lights vs LED? what do y'all think look nicer?

#11820 44 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

Can someone send me a pdf of the manual? thoughts on OG Lights vs LED? what do y'all think look nicer?

Planetary Pinball manuals online. https://online.fliphtml5.com/vrtyz/tnwp/#p=1

#11821 44 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

pdf of the manual

Manuals can be found on IPMD. Leds are nice (less heat), configuration and color are subjective.

#11822 44 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

I don't know about what looks nicer but I'm always going to go LED at this point on these 30+ year old machines, draws less power and produces less heat.

#11823 44 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vWCDP2mHtD3iR8CfPyN1i4qBFt_whKb21BIooUhlpP4/edit

#11824 43 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

I just did a complete swap of the bulbs. It's so much better with LEDs. Less power, less heat (which causes discoloring) and better brightness, which in turn shows of the games beauty. Sunlight white is what I went with in 99% of the game and it's fabulous. There are A LOT of bulbs. It's not small undertaking and you'll need to do pretty much a complete teardown. But it is 100% worth it!

#11825 43 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I just did a complete swap of the bulbs. It's so much better with LEDs. Less power, less heat (which causes discoloring) and better brightness, which in turn shows of the games beauty. Sunlight white is what I went with in 99% of the game and it's fabulous. There are A LOT of bulbs. It's not small undertaking and you'll need to do pretty much a complete teardown. But it is 100% worth it!

Thanks for the info. do you happen to have the list of lights you need? Gi and flasher etc. I will start with the back of the playing field. and work my way to the top.

#11826 43 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

Thanks for the info. do you happen to have the list of lights you need? Gi and flasher etc. I will start with the back of the playing field. and work my way to the top.

Can you open the link I posted ? It has a complete inventory of all the bulbs you need.

#11827 40 days ago

Does anyone know what game this part goes to or what part number it is? It’s not A-16225, and I don’t believe it even belongs to Indy, but could be wrong:

MarcoMarco

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16225

PSPA at least did a disclaimer:

PSPAPSPA

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/indiana-jones/a-16225.html

Not sure why they’d charge 80+ for a part they don’t know what it’s for

#11828 40 days ago

Not sure who is wrong … but I can tell you that part pictured is not an Indy part.

Here is the A-16225 part according to the manual …

You_Doodle_2024-06-13T23_49_23Z (resized).jpegYou_Doodle_2024-06-13T23_49_23Z (resized).jpeg
#11829 40 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Does anyone know what game this part goes to or what part number it is? It’s not A-16225, and I don’t believe it even belongs to Indy, but could be wrong:
[quoted image]
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16225
PSPA at least did a disclaimer:
[quoted image]
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/indiana-jones/a-16225.html
Not sure why they’d charge 80+ for a part they don’t know what it’s for

It's a Judge Dredd part, a holder for the big plastic ramp.
Here is my teardown picture for reference.

DSC_2499 (resized).JPGDSC_2499 (resized).JPG
#11830 40 days ago

And this is how it looks after full assembly.

Screenshot_20240614-021723_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240614-021723_Gallery (resized).jpg
#11831 40 days ago

Davi you’re a legend! I spent a hour trying to whittle away and find the part number to no avail. Will advise Marco and PSPA so the part stops hitting my Indy searches

Thank you again!

#11832 40 days ago

Did anyone installed a Mirco pf in their indy ? Are you happy with the results?

Seems like the only way to have a nice Mirco is to have it clearcoated.

Thanks!

#11833 40 days ago
Quoted from marcd:

Thanks!

Yes it does need a reclear for sure which u spend for the PF it self plus the re clear and if u want too do it right cost cost starts to add up but if u do that u will be good to go ,has anyone installed a IJ PF as is ?

#11834 40 days ago
Quoted from marcd:

Thanks!

I have the sparkly one, I like it, no problems with mine so far, it’s only been 7 months since the first play, fingers crossed. I did not do extra clear coat

#11835 40 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Took him 8 weeks to get it to me. It needed a little TLC when it arrived so that was also a tad annoying. However, I really like it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. How is it powered?

#11836 40 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Very cool. How is it powered?

There are two plugs (standard outlet looking plugs) that come out the back. One for the LeD’s and one for the torch looking lights. I have the machine, an external sub, and the two topper plugs all into a power strip.

#11837 40 days ago

Does anyone have an extra # A-16733 opto interrupter bushing for sale?

A-16733A-16733

Or # A-16918 gate assembly?

A-16918A-16918

Or # A-16225 opto interrupt plate?

A-16225A-16225

Or # 01-11066 trigger (would love to create less work for Davi )

01-1106601-11066

Or # A-16302 shaft ball guide assembly

A-16302A-16302

Thank you for looking

#11838 40 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great thanks for sharing. Another Pinsider sold me a used one. I like the look of it. A few of the parts broke and need to be glued back on (little balls along top edge) and the wiring is not going to work (wire nuts to a wall plug), but can be fixed fairly easily.

#11839 40 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Does anyone have an extra # A-16733 opto interrupter bushing for sale?
[quoted image]
Or # A-16918 gate assembly?
[quoted image]
Or # A-16225 opto interrupt plate?
[quoted image]
Or # 01-11066 trigger (would love to create less work for Davi )
[quoted image]
Or # A-16302 shaft ball guide assembly
[quoted image]
Thank you for looking

Dr Jones Sr. Keeps the locations to these parts in his Grail diary. Good luck in your search.

IMG_1790 (resized).jpegIMG_1790 (resized).jpeg
#11840 40 days ago

Dr Jones Sr. Keeps the locations to these parts in his Grail diary. Good luck in your search.
[quoted image]

Haha, well done!

Indiana Jones and the Last Ball Guide

"I can get it. I can almost reach it..."

#11841 39 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

I do not have a list. I kind of just pieced it together.

#11842 39 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Haha, well done!
Indiana Jones and the Last Ball Guide
"I can get it. I can almost reach it..."

IMG_3284.gifIMG_3284.gif
#11843 39 days ago

I have a question about the LED board in the Fighter Plane, is it really necessary? I'm working on my version of the Plane mod and was wondering if I can just connect the wires that are attached to the board to the LEDs that I have in the Plane I'm planning to use, bypassing the board?

#11844 39 days ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I have a question about the LED board in the Fighter Plane, is it really necessary? I'm working on my version of the Plane mod and was wondering if I can just connect the wires that are attached to the board to the LEDs that I have in the Plane I'm planning to use, bypassing the board?

You don't need it in most cases. I used the following 5-12volt DC mini LEDs in mine and they work fine direct connected:
https://evandesigns.com/products/chip-nano-pico-leds?syclid=38f2ba26-61c1-47b8-9735-020418798a63&variant=39985935712304

#11845 39 days ago

Using Evan design LEDs as well. I was wondering why there is a need for the 3 diodes on the board? I also noticed there is no schematic of this board anywhere.

#11846 39 days ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Using Evan design LEDs as well. I was wondering why there is a need for the 3 diodes on the board? I also noticed there is no schematic of this board anywhere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EN64htU47dyKmMCbUiBQRvpwd08a8qN6/view?usp=sharing

The diode is used to block switch circuit current from pushing back on the 12V power to the LEDs. It will work without … but I would not recommend that. Putting a diode in there is trivial. It’s the standard switching circuit approach.

#11847 39 days ago

Thank you, diodes will be installed.

#11848 39 days ago
Quoted from marcd:

Thanks!

The two I've seen installed both had issues with the clear coat. They looked great initially, but after a few months, the clear coat started pooling. I have one as well, but I never installed it and probably never will. It's now wall art.

#11849 39 days ago

Did the early sample machines have an extra GI lamp near the I-N-D-Y rollovers that caused resets, that was later removed for normal production machines?

#11850 38 days ago

Did the early sample machines have an extra GI lamp near the I-N-D-Y rollovers that caused resets, that was later removed for normal production machines?

I would not think a GI bulb would cause resets. GI is powered by a completely different winding on the transformer. It may have been one too many for the GI circuit load… or they quite simply omitted it in error on the final assembly drawings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Wells, ME
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
There are 11,958 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.