IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sin13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10142 1 year ago

Been spending the last month putting in a lot of work fixing up my Indy table and now that I’m starting to play it again regularly I’m realizing I really need to address this airball situation. I just about have a heart attack every time it happens and the last thing I need is my hard work getting getting torn up by these guys.

Is anyone still making and selling airball protectors for the drop targets? If not, does anyone have the design files for making my own? I’d greatly appreciate the help in protecting my hard work and reducing the jump scares.

#10146 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

If everything goes well, the new airball protector batch will be ready in February.
This version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/118#post-5621982

Oh nice. I was talking with someone on twitter last night that got one of yours a year ago but I wasn't sure if you were still producing them so I started prototyping a solution on the 3d printer this morning. I'd love to get one of yours when they are ready.

#10160 1 year ago

While we are on the topic of the super ball button, the start and super ball button lamps are the last 2 I haven't replaced with LEDs. I initially made an attempt on the start button not fully knowing how it comes apart and stopped myself for fear of breaking something. Any tips on getting at these bulbs?

#10162 1 year ago
Quoted from EStroh:

It's very easy, except some of the switch / lamp portions of the buttons twist out (counterclockwise) and some just snap in and out. I don't recall which was in my IJ, but I put LED's in both buttons. Not all LED's fit though, the diameter of the bulb hole is fairly small. PBL carries bulbs specifically for this: https://www.pinballlife.com/ablaze-3-led-slim-wedge-body.html

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to give it another go. I just did a big PBL order yesterday so I guess I'll put those on the list for the next order.

#10171 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Restore coming along well. Now just need some parts to finish up from Marco.

I had not seen clear rubbers before, how do they play compared to the other colors? I've only tried black and white so far.

#10174 1 year ago

Making a mention of it here, I've hit some weird issue over the last couple days of my subway release continuously firing and then the machine eventually launching balls on a loop. I made a support thread here if you guys have any ideas:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-subway-release-continuously-firing-mini-pf-amp-idol-errors#post-7376265

#10175 1 year ago

I played some Deadpool tonight at the local pizza place and it was funny to see how it has a similar 3 drop target bank but they had the 30 years of table design knowledge to make sure to extend the playfield plastic out over it to prevent airballs.

#10179 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Both are overpriced!...

I like the design, it fits in well with the cabinet, but yeah at that price I would expect it to be made out of something more robust than 3D printed parts. I'm just not a fan of seeing all those layer lines.

1 week later
#10208 1 year ago

Looking for some advice on 2 issues I've seen with my path of adventure mini playfield after playing a couple games last night. I've seen some other support posts similar to these issues but never could find a clear solution.

Issue 1: Ball will go across the rope bridge, park itself against the post, the post will drop to release it into the mini playfield and about 50% of the time it will just roll on by the drop off and drain out to the left inlane.

Issue 2: When it does drop into the path of adventure and the first target is the first switch on the right, I'll tilt the mini playfield all to the right and when the ball drops down into the mini playfield it doesn't take the right path, it goes left and falls down the first pit.

Both these issues suggest to me that maybe the table is tilted to the left a little too much. I'll need to double check this but I recently just dialed in the table with a leveling app at the bottom of the playfield, 6.5 degree incline with left/right dead center.

Are there rope bridge or mini playfield adjustments I should be doing as well? The metal rope bridge doesn't seem to have a lot of wiggle room to be moved up or down. Another support thread suggested pressing down on it and bending it slightly which doesn't seem great to me.

As far as things brought up in other threads, my post isn't rubbing when it releases. The mini playfield motor set screw is on there tight and the playfield moves smoothly to both left and right extents.

#10212 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Issue 1 - one of these solutions will work:
First ensure the tab past the post is properly adjusted allowing the ball to drop and hit in the center of the mini PF directly behind the first rubber.
If the first option doesn't fix it, you will need to tilt the rope bridge forward slightly. You can use some washers on the top two bolts behind the tabs holding the bridge to the back there. This will most certainly fix your issue.

Ok I'll have to give those a shot. I watched it tonight go through there a couple times and it seems to pass right by the opening and hit the bent corner of the left tab and then it's a 50/50 shot on which direction it will go. I also honestly wonder if my incline isn't steep enough cause even the travel of the ball down to the flippers feels a little slow to me at times.

#10214 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Ok I'll have to give those a shot. I watched it tonight go through there a couple times and it seems to pass right by the opening and hit the bent corner of the left tab and then it's a 50/50 shot on which direction it will go. I also honestly wonder if my incline isn't steep enough cause even the travel of the ball down to the flippers feels a little slow to me at times.

Ok after some leveling adjustments I think I've got the ball to release consistently into the mini playfield. I also found my mini playfield was centering slightly to the left so I got that leveled out.

Something I'm running into now though is if I drop and go right I hug the wall, hit the first switch and rebound directly into the first pit. I don't know if that is intended, if I shouldn't go fully right, but it seems like if I tilt all the way right the mini playfield is designed to allow the ball to hug the wall all the way down to the drain. I can see the leveling of the playfield may have some affect on this but even if I hand place the ball at the first switch the ball doesn't have a lot of momentum and it still tends to bang right into the railing of the first pit.

One thing I'll say, pre and post leveling of the mini playfield I still feel like when I tilt it all the way right it doesn't go as far right as it does left. I wonder if it could be an indication of a placement issue of the right extents opto switch on the opto board. When I look back there it is mounted on the board slightly crooked facing downward which I would think would result a premature detection of the metal arm on the shaft when going right.

Another thing I want to throw out there, I don't know if this is normal, while leveling the machine I was taking readings and I was getting different values as I worked my way up from the flippers to the 3 bank ENT drop target. I go from 6.5 at the flippers, to 6.0 at seize the stones, and then almost 5.5 at the 3 bank ENT drop target. Is there a specific place on the playfield I should be going by on the readings? Is this an indication my playfield might be slightly warped?

#10225 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I noticed classicarcades on Ebay, who I believe is an officially licensed partner with PPS and uses OEM information from Williams to make cabinent decals, has recently begun offering Indiana Jones cabinet decals. I wonder if that means anything?

I don’t know what others experience is with them but I recently got one of their speaker panels for Indy and I was kind of disappointed in the quality and haven’t put it on my machine. Image was not as sharp as the original, the city names across the top were blurry, and areas that were meant to have whiter highlights were tinted blue. I’ll probably end up trying to polish out the scratches on my original instead.

I also got a replacement playfield plastic from them and the quality was much nicer on it but I think it was NOS and not a reproduction. Though the holes on it didn’t line up and I had to bore them out to get it to fit.

1 week later
#10259 1 year ago
Quoted from kba78:

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could help me.
I purchased tilt topper, a while back. Can someone tell me which voltage or voltages it take. It would be installed in a Williams, and I believe has a power tap with it.
Thanks

Try hitting up Habeboo for info.

There is also a thread here that might have some more information on the installation.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-indiana-jones-pinball-topper-by-tilttopper

Would love to see it in action once you have it installed.

#10271 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Cliffy at passion for pinball has a few solutions you may be interested in

FYI, I talked with Cliff on Monday and he let me know he is a bit backed up right now, still processing orders from October, so it may be a bit of a wait if you go directly through him.

#10272 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

If everything goes well, the new airball protector batch will be ready in February.
This version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/118#post-5621982

Hey Davi any update on when these might become available? Thanks again for making these, much appreciated.

#10281 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Just installed mine on tz and wh2o and they were great to work with (ok a more talented person than I did most of the work), but it’s very forgiving and the result is great. Hoping to do my ij next. Took about two hours. Note that you do not need to remove the side rails…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do these apply on top of the existing art then? Probably the worst cosmetic issue on my table is the cabinet art, overall slightly faded, but way worse on one side of the back box. I've avoided addressing it cause it seems like a nightmare to deal with, and being up against other machines I don't notice it that often. It would be nice to address at some point.

#10310 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

I just purchased from him and installed last month. I’m happy with the results- way better than the original faded, beat up decals. Super easy to do. Used a flush cut router bit for a dremel that made cutting the holes a snap:
Amana Tool - MR0105 Carbide Tipped Miniature Flush Trim 3/16 Dia x 7/16 x 1/8" Shank w https://a.co/d/5OpdsWz[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks so nice. Did you do any prep work before applying? I think some suggested sanding down the old decals and painting the cabinet black to prevent any bleed through.

#10313 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

Thanks man

Yeah that’s exactly what I did after reading that on here too. This was my first time using them and installation was super simple.
[quoted image]

That's a lot of work but the payoff looks great. Mine is so faded, maybe some day but not a project I can take on right now. Thanks for sharing.

#10340 1 year ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi All,
It's been a while since i have been on pinside but I have a lot of PM's requesting my airball mod. FYI, I'm going to be making 20 sets that should be ready in two weeks or less. Watch for my ad.

I'd be down for these as well, I've been looking for a solution for airballs. I even think at some point I came across yours and tried designing my own, got as far as 3D printing out some prototypes but then never bothered to send them off to sendcutsend.

#10347 1 year ago

TLDR; Is there a way to safely remove the speaker grills from the speaker panel without damaging them?

Long story here, I've been sitting on a jackpot light mod for like 15 years and I want to get this dang thing installed. I decided I didn't want to mess with doing the cut outs on the original wood panel so I ordered a CNC'd reproduction with the jackpots cut out, first one came came snapped in half but eventually got a second one that was in good shape. Initially tried to transfer all the components over to the new wood, carefully pried the art panel off, got to the speaker grills and wasn't sure how to remove them without damaging them, they appear to be tacked in with some tiny finishing nails.

I stopped in my tracks there, assembled the original speaker panel back together and decided I'll just order all the parts and build a new panel from scratch. Got a color dmd, it's great. Got a reproduction art panel, disappointed in the quality so I'll most likely use the original after polishing out some scratches. Got reproduction speaker grills, twice got poorly painted grills, and I knew going into this but they don't use the original speaker grill pattern so I don't really care for the look of them.

So now I'm back to do I attempt to pry off the original speaker grills, or do I attempt to cut out the jackpots on the original wood panel? I'm also of the mindset that maybe the jackpot lights aren't worth the hassle. I've already talked myself out off installing the lighting board for the lost plastic. I could use some advice here.

#10350 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I haven’t found good repros. I took a chance on modfather ones and i really didn’t like the metal.
I wonder if someone clever could just make a stencil to repaint the originals? I’m not crafty enough to to create the stencil, but I could buy one…

I have an image of the stencil, I considered making the vector paths from it in Photoshop and have my wife cut it out on the Cricut. I'd still have to source the right grill material with the correct hole pattern at the right size, and then go through the process of color matching to the original. At that point I was like I'll just throw money at the issue but the options I've come across aren't as good as I would like. So now I'm back to can I remove the originals and transfer them to a new panel without mangling them. Maybe if I have more free time in the future I'll work on making my own reproduction grills.

#10352 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I bought one for my Fish Tales and I feel it’s a pretty good approximation. If they make them for Indy, you could try that. I bought it to install a speaker box light kit. Classic Arcades was the seller. Not sure if that’s the one people don’t like or not. I feel the FT version is pretty good. [quoted image]

I was specifically talking about the grills in front of the speakers. I have this panel reproduction, it's fine. The print quality is not as sharp and it has a lite blue tint across it, mostly noticeable on the highlights. It would serve fine as a replacement for a completely broken one, my original just has some lite scratches so for now I'm going to try to buff them out.

#10354 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I like the Jackpot boards and think they are worth installing. I don't recall having any problems removing the speaker grills. The jackpot holes do not have to be cut out exactly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe I'll have another go at taking them off. I could have sworn I saw some small nails that have them tacked in place but maybe they are just held with adhesive.

I might also get up the courage to do the cut outs on the original wood. How did you go about making those cuts? I have a couple different Dremel tools that might work but I'm not that experienced with them.

#10358 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I made a stencil file for them that can be cut out with a cricut. Fair warning that they're a huge pain in the ass to apply and then remove after painting because they have so many small "floating" bits. PM me if you want the file.
Also I could not find the grill material with the original hole pattern after much searching; the one I finally ended up using is fairly close.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those turned out really nice. I can see how that all can be tedious to work with. I kind of wondered if there would a local business I could hand them the grills and the stencil file and they could silk screen print it onto them. I'll probably PM you for the file if only for a back up incase I go this route.

#10362 1 year ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

One more thing you might consider...
I put a barrier of foam tape between each hole to prevent light from one treasure spilling over to the one beside it.

Where did you source this at? I had this on my shopping list anyway if I'm going to move the DMD to a new panel. I thought maybe beer seal would work but that stuff doesn't seem thick enough or dense enough. I'm guessing a hardware store might have it in the weather stripping section?

#10371 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

I came to this thread to see if anybody posted about the 2023 Oscars/Academy Awards, especially since "You Cheat Dr. Jones" is in the subject line. I thought it was great that Harrison Ford presented the award for best picture, and then Ke Huy Quan was on stage hugging Ford, and they cut away to Spielberg (whose film The Fabelmans was also a nominee) smiling and clapping.

8167F537-989B-4DD9-9677-9D306B68F7A0 (resized).png8167F537-989B-4DD9-9677-9D306B68F7A0 (resized).png
1 week later
#10410 1 year ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

I have a couple questions about the center drop bank target. Every few months I get the drop bank error message, check switches/coil. It triggers because one of the three targets (usually the middle one) fails to reset after about three attempts. I go into switch test mode, verify all switches register, solenoid tests fine also. I have reseated associated connectors, cleaned optos and inspected targets. Targets don’t look worn, but I believe they are original.
With switch errors, do the credit dots normally clear/resolve after the switch tests as fine in test mode? In my case it does not, I have to play a game after exiting test mode, actuate the drop switches, then it clears.
What should I do to fix this infrequent error? Get new drop targets or a whole new bank assembly? Is it normal to get this behavior where it occasionally takes more than a couple reset attempts before the targets stay up, or is that a clue that parts are worn?

I had a similar issue with my 3 bank drop target a couple months ago, the issues would present themselves as the T target not always registering and sometimes during coil tests the drop target bank would struggle to reset all 3 targets but could reset 2 at a time. I ended up taking it completely apart, cleaned all the parts, replaced the decals while I was at it. I replaced the coil, the compression springs, return springs, and the black rubber grommets in the opto board. I think ultimately my issue was from the grommets being old, at least one was dried out and crumbling which caused the opto switches on the board to be misaligned to the switch tabs on the targets. Cleaning it was a big plus as well since the previous owner had greased the targets. The new coil probably didn't hurt either but I probably could have gotten away with cleaning the old coil sleeve, I got the coil on clearance and it was already apart so I replaced it. I was able to get all these odds and ends through Pinball Life.

#10413 1 year ago

I'm fairly new to having a Color DMD in my machine so I don't know if this is a known quirk or bug in the ROM that hasn't been fixed. I was playing and during the recover the ark mode I started up the raven bar mode, got the extra ball and collected the medallion. When I came back out of that I was back at the recover the ark timer and all the LEDs of the DMD were colored red except for a silhouetted area where the gun was at during the raven bar mode which had the full correct color. After the recover the ark timer ran out full color returned to the entire DMD.

#10428 1 year ago

Just wanted to give a heads up that LEGO will be releasing some new Indiana Jones sets tomorrow. They should go live tonight sometime around midnight eastern, though it may be -1/+1 hour to that I can't remember if daylight savings adjustments affect their system's auto release.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/temple-of-the-golden-idol-77015
ezgif-3-4e6ec7cb90 (resized).pngezgif-3-4e6ec7cb90 (resized).png
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/escape-from-the-lost-tomb-77013
ezgif-3-4e5908657d (resized).pngezgif-3-4e5908657d (resized).png
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/fighter-plane-chase-77012
ezgif-3-e1235f0b19 (resized).pngezgif-3-e1235f0b19 (resized).png

#10430 1 year ago

Picked up one of these Staff of Ra Headpiece toys today thinking there might be some mod potential here, it's constructed a little differently than I expected but it still seems like something could be done with it.

The weighted base holds 2 AA batteries and what looks to be a small capacitor on the positive line, the staff part has a non latching button to put it to sleep along with a LED at the top and I'm guessing the circuit board that controls the pulsing. The LED light is shined up from the top of the staff to the underside of head piece to a translucent orange plastic that shines it throughout the headpiece's script and the gem stone.

Probably a couple different ways you could go about making a mod with this, wiring directly into the bases battery compartment or into the staff to control it, or removing the headpiece all together and design your own lighting component for it.

Going to sit on it for a while though until I can figure out if it would be something I put on the playfield or on top of the backbox.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/indiana-jones-adventure-series-staff-of-ra-headpiece

Pinside_forum_7343862_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7343862_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7343862_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7343862_1 (resized).jpg

#10446 1 year ago

I just did my first flipper rebuild ever on Indiana Jones, where's my cookie?

But seriously it wasn't without its issues. I bought one of these kits from Pinball Life and one problem I ran into was tightening down the flipper bats. I'd get those suckers on there what I thought was tight, but then I had my right flipper move ever so slightly upward on every flip. I got back under there and tightened it just a tiny bit more but that was enough for the washer attached to the end of the bolt with the quarter pie shape cut out of it to pop right off the end of the bolt. Luckily I was able to salvage that piece from the old flipper linkage I took out.

Is that part just poorly designed and prone to breaking like that? Are there any tips on tightening it without over doing it? I really didn't think I went that tight with it. One of my other old flipper assemblies has a bolt going through there with an allen wrench socket on that end instead which seems less likely to break but would require a tool in both hands.

Williams Bally Flipper Rebuild Kit - 08.93 to 10.98 (resized).jpgWilliams Bally Flipper Rebuild Kit - 08.93 to 10.98 (resized).jpg

#10450 1 year ago

A roundup of new Indiana Jones products coming out ahead of the new film’s release.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/04/fortune-and-glory-and-exciting-new-indiana-jones-inspired-products-and-adventures/?CMP=SOC-DPFY23Q2wo0406230021H

29017790-B5C7-4F6D-B319-257341223B69 (resized).jpeg29017790-B5C7-4F6D-B319-257341223B69 (resized).jpeg

E1C0E8AE-B91B-4145-9A32-55F27D797C86 (resized).jpegE1C0E8AE-B91B-4145-9A32-55F27D797C86 (resized).jpeg

#10452 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

They are all children's toys?

No, there are a variety of items detailed in the Disney blog link.

#10454 1 year ago

New items coming from Regal Robot.
https://regalrobot.com/news/indiana-jones-props-decor-replicas-first-look/

F0B6A371-1B61-4B75-9E72-5DF552472074 (resized).jpegF0B6A371-1B61-4B75-9E72-5DF552472074 (resized).jpeg
9D59FC39-EB93-4A06-8DB9-F575AEE07AB2 (resized).jpeg9D59FC39-EB93-4A06-8DB9-F575AEE07AB2 (resized).jpeg
58863228-08DD-4F5C-9EFA-F6D6B70C293E (resized).jpeg58863228-08DD-4F5C-9EFA-F6D6B70C293E (resized).jpeg
95861857-DF13-4978-8AA8-5C327F598E1A (resized).jpeg95861857-DF13-4978-8AA8-5C327F598E1A (resized).jpeg

#10455 1 year ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

This is probably the last time we'll get a flood of new Indy merch like this. I remember last time in 2008 when it was everywhere for Crystal Skull. Better enjoy it while it lasts!
I personally decided to treat myself to the big Lego set:
[quoted image]

Yeah gotta enjoy it while it lasts, was a similar vibe when Tron Legacy came out. I picked up that Lego set as well but haven’t put it together yet.

#10456 1 year ago

Statues and busts from Gentle Giant.
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/indiana-jones
1346137B-D66E-435D-AEBD-E7821A434477 (resized).jpeg1346137B-D66E-435D-AEBD-E7821A434477 (resized).jpeg85CFCE47-0493-402B-B0C2-D37A33C813DB (resized).jpeg85CFCE47-0493-402B-B0C2-D37A33C813DB (resized).jpeg5426BA4E-9F37-4332-9722-53EED7DD281A (resized).jpeg5426BA4E-9F37-4332-9722-53EED7DD281A (resized).jpeg2832FAA4-6498-488C-B524-658CBC03D42F (resized).jpeg2832FAA4-6498-488C-B524-658CBC03D42F (resized).jpeg42A032F1-A7F7-46D5-BD18-A5CB4CEB8C97 (resized).jpeg42A032F1-A7F7-46D5-BD18-A5CB4CEB8C97 (resized).jpegC0E3F61E-5568-4FBA-88E3-0C8490EAD179 (resized).jpegC0E3F61E-5568-4FBA-88E3-0C8490EAD179 (resized).jpeg4C14C30D-C09A-4C73-93E0-2AAE504B0FAB (resized).jpeg4C14C30D-C09A-4C73-93E0-2AAE504B0FAB (resized).jpeg156F5208-9384-4766-B575-C0683A4F998F (resized).jpeg156F5208-9384-4766-B575-C0683A4F998F (resized).jpeg

#10460 1 year ago

Yeah I'd keep an eye out, there are several idol products coming out soon of varying size, quality, and price. Though that one is probably the best one for the price.

#10464 1 year ago

Been meaning to ask this for a while, what is this part circled in red on the right speaker and what is it for? I’m guessing it’s a capacitor on the line used to condition the signal or cut down on line noise or something but I have no idea. The reason I bring it up is that the lead on the left is not soldered to the metal ring screwed into the speaker panel that the black wire is soldered to, it just rests against it. Is that the normal installation or should both ends be soldered to their respective connecting parts?

E99EE92B-BC13-4F07-9881-3975DB914959 (resized).jpegE99EE92B-BC13-4F07-9881-3975DB914959 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10481 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Want to share some pics of my new Indy. After a 3 year hiatus, rejoined the club for awhile with this beauty restored by Chris at High End Pins. It’s one of those early models with the chrome POA rails. My 4-year-old likes it because he can get multiball pretty easily. I traded my first Indy too quickly and never explored the modes or reached the wizard mode. Hope to this time![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a really nice looking machine. Was there no Super Ball button on the early models?

#10485 1 year ago

I’ve been wondering about this for awhile, my lockdown bar on my Indy has 2 carriage bolts in it that hold the metal latches on the backside. I’ve never seen another Indy table with this. Is this a lockdown bar from another machine or did someone modify this one to reinforce the attachment of those parts?

59C71326-67A2-400A-A51A-24B14CC56F4D (resized).jpeg59C71326-67A2-400A-A51A-24B14CC56F4D (resized).jpeg

#10496 1 year ago

My current topper. Did even know she was up there while I was banging away on the machine and she’s like whatever.

BE08F224-2690-4BAA-A2B2-E9EFAF3CADF4 (resized).jpegBE08F224-2690-4BAA-A2B2-E9EFAF3CADF4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10502 11 months ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I am now in the club!
[quoted image]

Congrats. I'm always jealous when I see cabinet art looking that good.

#10520 11 months ago
Quoted from PPA-AG:

ugh - so I didn't realize that i needed to close the door to run the Flasher Lamp testing. When i did that it appears they work.
I'm really happy it wasn't something more serious and really embarrassed on my lack of knowledge on these things.
Thank you both for your help - could not have done it without your guidance.

Don't feel bad, I've done this as well after doing an LED replacement and then it dawned on me what was going on.

#10523 11 months ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Yeah, the video modes count. Imo the video modes in this game are some of the best of the era. All three are fun and completable! The hidden Easter egg in the mine cart is absolutely hilarious!

I've yet to find another game with as many good video modes as Indy. I didn't play a large variety of tables in the mid 90's it was mostly this every day using my lunch money, so I always assumed any DMD era game had similar video modes in it but it's kind of a rarity. I can only think of a handful of other tables that maybe have one interactive video mode in it.

2 weeks later
#10550 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I made this lexan platform for the ark, and added a cobra to the “pit.” Indy has the idol, but not for long.

Is that ark from the build an artifact pieces that come with each of the new Hasbro figures?

2 weeks later
#10575 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I added a Polk audio powered subwoofer under my Indy, and it’s just awesome. That’s the final piece it needed. It added so much bass and depth. The game rumbles now!

Is that pretty straight forward to add to the machine?

#10577 10 months ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

About 3-5 minutes worth of work.

Do you just wire it up in place of the one on the bottom of the cabinet?

#10590 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Mine tilts slightly better to the left than the right. If I try to go right for the drop-in, it goes into the top pit about 50% of the time. If you go left, it’s safe, although occasionally it rolls past the POA and down the return lane. Is that all you need to adjust, a single set screw?

Similar issues here as well. All my remaining issues on my Indy are with that darn POA. Ball half the time doesn't drop into it when the post releases. Full tilt left or right and the ball travels so fast it rebounds off the walls into the pit. When moving left the motor stutters, I think that's an opto issue. Lot of things going on up there and I'm too burned out to deal with it right now. I got some Cliffy stuff on order that will require it's removal so I'll look at it then.

1 month later
#10715 8 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

orlandu81 here is the post for the Mini Playfield tilting issue. It may or may not be the same issue. There is another mini playfield board (the opto board assembly - separate from the one you replaced - the Bridge Driver Board #A-15946-1)
There is also the opto sensor at the back of the playfield - This thread has a video which you can see it in action (it’s the black housing that the mini of lever is going up/down inside
Mini Playfield tilt issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-mini-playfield-not-centering
Mini Playfield opto sensor location video:

Opto board assembly (Marcos Pinball)
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16657
And finally, which I’m sure you checked - double check to be 100% sure the mini pf isn’t being obstructed. I remember several time I has something in the way on the pf that prevented it for tilting properly.
Hopefully this helps

I also have a number of mini playfield problems which I assume has to do with the opto board on the back. What I’m curious about is the bridge driver board you mentioned. What does that board do and what relies on it?

#10718 8 months ago

Depends on what specific mini pf issue you are having. Post some detail

I occasionally get a start up error about it. The symptoms is it moves fine to the right but stutters to the left. Last time I asked around it sounded like it could be the opto board the metal arm rotates back and forth in, or it could be a flipper opto issue. I haven’t had time to diagnose it further. I feel like last time I got it working again was me fiddling with the placement of the opto board in the back, like it’s not lined up well. I had a similar opto issue on the 3 bank drop target and it was from the rubber grommets being dried out and cracked and the board had become misaligned with the targets.

My other mini playfield issues seem to be leveling related. Sometimes the ball doesn’t drop from the bridge into it. Also the ball travels too fast at full left or right tilt and rebounds into the pit.

2 weeks later
#10766 8 months ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Both of my games had that plastic on them ,didn't they come with most games in 1993 ?

I think there is some confusion here in the previous posts if we’re talking about a backbox with a translite, or a custom backboard for the playfield with the lost plastic and a lighting kit.

Either way I like seeing pictures of what’s for sale for my own entertainment.

#10778 7 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Yasssssss! I’m in the club!
Question: The “T” (in ENT) light socket popped out of the large light board and it’s a tight fit trying to pop it back into place. To reinstall it should I remove the screws holding the board in place, disconnect the two harnesses, remove the board, then install?
Will the socket pop back into place on the board or will I need to solder?
I’ve never seen this type of socket before…
Cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, while you are going through the hassle of removing the board to solder it back on go around and check the other lamp sockets of that type and see if any others need to be reflowed, they should be sturdy. I had 3 on mine that needed a little TLC. Also check the pins for the wiring connectors. The 2 in the center on the board of mine both had a pin on the very end where the solder joint was cracked and several lamps would go out and wiggling the connector would fix them a while before they'd go out again. Just a quick visual inspection of the solder joints at the base of the pins, it should be apparent if there is a break.

#10781 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I sold my Indy about about 7 years ago. Ive missed it ever since and yesterday rejoined this club!!! I have a question to anyone who has had their gun powder coated. . . How many pieces does it disassemble to, to turn in for powder coating? 2 sides and a trigger?

Posts like this make rethink getting rid of mine some day.

The gun is the 2 sides, trigger, and 4 carriage bolts. You may want to paint the 3 sets of fasteners yourself that hold the sides together while you have it apart.

#10785 7 months ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Ya don't do it I am on my 3 th IJ and each time it just cost you a lot more too get it back again not really worth it I am keeping this one now I learned the hard way

Yeah stories like this convince me to keep it. I paid $2.5k for it, it's got some cabinet fade on the left and little ghosting on the inserts but other than that it's in really good shape. I don't want to think what it would cost to find one again and one in good condition.

#10789 7 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I use Ninjas in mine.

Same, I recently put Ninja Chromes in all my machines. I got them from Ball Baron but they have currently paused the sale of them for quality control issues. https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

#10807 7 months ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Who makes the best IJ cabinet decals these days, or is it even available? Any recent experience/feedback is appreciated, Thanks!
I was orignally thinking radcals, but have since changed my mind, and want to keep the original look if decent decals can be sourced.

I've been considering rad cals in the future. Is it the glossiness of them that is steering you away from them?

1 week later
#10830 7 months ago
Quoted from adam3071:

Hi folks!
New IJ owner here. Flashers for both playfield and backbox not working. Fuses all have continuity. LEDs indicate power but no 20v out at j107. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry I'm not knowledgeable on diagnosing this issue but just want to confirm the basics that you have the coin door closed or the interlock buttons held in when testing these. Just want to double check, I often miss this and catch myself forgetting that they need to be pressed in for certain circuits to function.

3 weeks later
#10890 6 months ago

Made the journey out here to report the Disneyland Indy is still kicking. It’s seen better days. Got a broken plane wing and must have a switch matrix issue because both flipper buttons are triggering a switch on one of the ramps, plays a plane sound and awards some points. Has leds installed and what looks like a reproduction translite with slightly muted colors.

IMG_4243 (resized).jpegIMG_4243 (resized).jpegIMG_4241 (resized).jpegIMG_4241 (resized).jpegIMG_4242 (resized).jpegIMG_4242 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#10970 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I decided to cut off the post on the orange bowl, better to mod a $25 part rather than a $500 part. Anyway, the post is not used or seen whatsoever, yes it was in the way, the ruins sit perfectly now.
The extra post with the ruins is for the back right of the ruins, it stands just a little taller than the factory post.
Here’s photos of the installed ruins[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from BlueBlood:

I’ll post my progress too!
Scratch build, cabinet 99% done.
[quoted image]

I just got to take a second here and process the fact that both of you casually have a Krull machine hanging out in the back. What are the odds of that.

#10998 5 months ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Is there an aftermarket source for the big light board underneath?

Yeah I was going to ask all the people in here posting their scratch builds what are some of the hardest parts to source?

2 weeks later
#11038 5 months ago
Quoted from pjflyer:

MULTI BALL AND BALL SEARCH ISSUES
Howdy all, new IJ owner. I've had it about a week. It's an early production model and has been enjoyable so far.
I had problems with the POA and fixed that - bad cap on the motor driver board which ate at the trace.
I've noticed now in certain multi ball modes (Well of Souls to start) the game seems to lose track of balls: or at least one gets left in the idol. While there are several balls in play everything seems like it's working. If I make a center shot, the ball will get kicked up to the idol, but not always released from the idol. The problem is most noticeable when all balls in play have drained and there is still a ball in the idol. The game doesn't release the ball and then goes into ball search mode (since now there are no switches being activated) and will eventually release it after it cycles through the other search areas. I've checked and tested all of the optos in the ball trough and the idol trough, and checked switches, everything tests fine. Reseated connectors, inspected wiring - nothing obvious. Idol test is good also.
This problem doesn't seem consistent either. When multi ball is started by locking 3 balls it will release any balls "relocked" with a center shot. It will wait for the timer in double or triple jackpot to expire before it releases the ball from the idol. Now and then the same problem will occur with this mode as well: Keeping a ball locked in the idol until the game does a ball search.
What is the most confusing is this problem being intermittent. Is something loose or bad solder joint? I wouldn't know where I should look to check for these. I was wondering if the game gets overwhelmed when several balls are scoring in different sections?
I've searched for a post looking for someone else who had this, but didn't see any that fit my problem.
Any ideas or someone else who has experienced this? Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are any instances where the game keeps a ball locked in the idol other than locking them for multiball? I too have noticed times where I know there are suppose to be multiple balls in play but when I shoot for the idol lock, the ball stays in there and doesn't release unless I drain the other balls currently in play. I thought it seemed wrong but maybe it was intentional, I don't fully know the rules or proper operation. I feel like when it happens I'm either being asked to hit the back drop target or go up the right ramp. Possibly I have some of these issues as well that I need to look at.

#11054 5 months ago
Quoted from pjflyer:

I then started a game with the glass off to test. Multi ball by locking the balls works fine with no issues. All the balls cycle through the idol properly, holding 1 or 2 balls during the double, triple jackpot until the timer counts down. Once the timer runs down, the idol releases the balls as it should.

Is my understand of well of souls mode correct? All balls should cycle through the idol without being held?

I'd like someone that knows the rules and proper operation of this game better than I to chime in on when the idol should or should not hold onto the balls. It's making it unclear to me if mine is operating correctly as well.

#11069 5 months ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I have an IJ Pachinco machine with a plastic Idol bank I put on top, maybe this will look better.

I got that recent Diamond Select Toys idol bank sitting on my Indy pin right now. Think I'll put a hat and a whip up there too. My Indy pachinko is sadly collecting dust in the basement storage room. Now that I got a fellow Indy pachinko owner here let me ask you 2 things. Is your machine super loud? I need to look into adding a volume control. Also how do you have yours setup? I came across some wall mount and cabinet solutions but could never settle on what to do. Would be nice to have something that can also auto feed the balls back into the machine.

#11085 4 months ago
Quoted from pjflyer:

Update on the idol issue:
I replaced the connectors on the opto board, the 100uf cap on the opto board, the connector to the subway optos, power connector on the driver board without any change. I figured it had to be an opto even though they all test good through the switch matrix and by breaking the plane of the beam. I don't have any optos on hand (they're on order now), so I couldn't just change them.
I did start a game with the glass off and when a ball didn't get cycled through the idol when it should have, I broke the beam of the opto right before the idol on the top side of the playfield. This seem to cycle the ball through. I did another post about whether optos could be intermittent or have degraded operation and a few pinsiders chimed in and indicated that could be the case. I then was curious if the flasher below the idol entrance could be causing an issue. I removed the bulb (incandescent) and tried it again, which it seemed to be working. I later played a few games and was able to get into well of souls mode, as well as other multiball modes. Everything worked as it should. I will find out once I get the new optos if it will work with the flasher in place or not.
I think it might be degraded optos that worked in most cases, but with the flasher going off and multible balls coming through, it would malfunction at times and keep a ball locked. I don't want to consider this solved until I try new optos with the flasher in place, but it's working correctly now.
I'm not sure what the take away on this one is other than to keep trying things until you find the issue. If the opto had just failed completely it would have been easy to find, but the problem being intermittent made it that much harder to find.

Since we are talking opto's, a neat trick you might already know but others may not, on most modern cell phones the front facing camera records the light emitted by the opto's transmitter, so that can be handy to tell if the transmitter side of things is working.

#11095 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Anyone have the retro refurbs side blades? I have read there are some quality concerns with their blades. If you have them, how’s the are they? Would you recommend them? Thx.[quoted image]

Would like to know as well. Out of all the options out there I like the art on these as they best match the lost plastic at the back. Across all these makers of art blades it's hard to tell what the quality of the products are actually like form the item descriptions. Is it going have a heavy duty protective layer like Stern's, be a thin vinyl sticker, or somewhere inbetween.

#11127 4 months ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Yes that appears to be the correct one. It is thin enough to fit between color DMD and backbox panel

Does LED vs LCD make a difference. I went with LED at the time cause it sounded like LCD would overlap this area but I don't know if that is a concern or not.

I have this Pin Gizmos board I bought in the early 2000's that I still need to install. It came with a set of roughly 3/4 inch risers that I'm now wondering if they will cause it to collide with the color dmd.

IMG_4740 (resized).jpegIMG_4740 (resized).jpeg

#11161 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I am trying to test my Marco jackpot speaker panel light board. Marco and others have confirmed the appropriate connectors to use for this board or similar board from another manufacturer are J138 and J135. These are both taken (populated) but the connectors right above these on the board (J137 and J134) are both open.
Can I use these instead? Attached are photos and the lamp grid from the manual. Thank you.

Quoted from gripwhip:

Jackpot board: One should go to J133/J134/J135 (Lamp Rows) and the other to J137/J138 (Lamp Columns.) Doesn't matter which one you choose, they are on the same circuit. Just pick the one that is empty.
J133-J135 is a 0.100 inch connector; J136-J138 is a 0.156 inch connector.
I don't have the lost plastic board, so I cannot help you there.

If you have a LED OCD board with open spots you can connect it there as well.

#11167 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Thanks to GOLGOTHA for providing an awesome guide to create the Jackpot Speaker Panel light mod and to Sin13 for answering my questions about the connectors. I used the Marco light board ~$30 and about 2.5 hours of fairly straightforward work.
I decided to cut the shapes out of the template then trace the shape outlines with sharpie which allowed me to remove the template when Dremmeling.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I've been at a standstill with this mod and I could use some advice and/or words of encouragement.

So basically a history of what I've gone through. I didn't want to cut the original panel so I bought a repro with the cuts already in it. Then it came time to transfer everything from one panel to the other. First I was worried about removing the art plastic so I got a repro of that but I didn't like the quality so I ended up prying off the original anyway. Mine has some scratches on it though that I hope I can buff out with some Novus.

Then it came time to deal with transferring the speaker grills. Got scared there and ordered some repros but those visually don't match and the paint job on them was bad So I'm back to questioning do I try to transfer the speaker grills to the new panel or cut the jackpot holes out on the old one. I would think transferring the speaker grills would be easier but I can't figure out how they are attached and are to be reattached. There seems to be some tiny nails holding them on and I don't know how to take them off without bending them.

Also, I already have a color dmd but I'd like to upgrade the speakers on the panel, so if you got recommendations for speakers that would be helpful as well.

#11171 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

If you could send photos showing speaker grills that would be easier to talk through. I didn’t mess with speaker panels so I can’t really help there. This project was easy and fun. Just need a Dremel that rotates (not oscillates).
You could go with pinsound board and speakers. There is an audio forum which describes in great detail speakers and audio mods which the op has tested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

I'm too lazy to go get pics from mine so I'll use yours. This is where I was stopped in my tracks and got scared. I wanted to move this grill to the other panel without damaging it. I'm not sure if it is glued in there but it does appear to be tacked in with at least these 4 nails. I want to pop it out and install it on the new panel without damaging it. If I could lift the nail heads just a bit and grip them with pliers, maybe a putty knife under the grills and a slight twist. I know people have done this before but I couldn't find how they've done it cleanly.

indy_speaker_grill_nails (resized).pngindy_speaker_grill_nails (resized).png
#11173 4 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I relocated my originals, it was easy. Those grills are more rigid than you think, the nails should come out pretty easily without damaging the grills.

How did you do it though, hands, tools, etc...?

#11182 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I used a putty knife to remove the speaker grill cover, I assume that would be a good start to remove the grills. Even if you damage the speaker grills it won’t matter bc no one will ever see it since most of the speaker grills are covered by the panel art.[quoted image]

But I’ll know and it will become The Tell-Tale Heart for me

#11186 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone get balls stuck here? Happens about 5 percent of the time the coil fires the ball to the trough.
[quoted image]

I have not. Is it magnetized? Coil sleeve may need cleaning or replaced?

#11190 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

It bounces back to that position. Balls are new and not magnetized. Will remove the apron and see what's going on later.

Only time I've seen this happen is when I've raised the playfield with a plastic bag wadded up in the end of the trough so the balls don't fall out and I put it back down and there are 2 balls resting on the plunger.

#11208 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I thought the same when I saw your pic. Then I looked at my JJPs and they were the same as mine. We learn something new every day right?
So after removing those washers and tightening everything up, no more stuck balls. No clue why they put those washers there but those washers were from the apron screws on top. 2 of mine were different from the rest and now I know why. Thank you all for your help with this.

Interesting, my apron has no washers and a missing screw all the way to the left. I need to address that sometime.

#11221 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I can’t compete with Pinstein, but I did receive these Retro Refurbs art blades today from Croatia after a two week journey. It was fun tracking their travels through different countries. Waldo will flatten them this eve then install tomorrow. Quality appears to be top notch. Merry Christmas!
[quoted image][quoted image]

These are the ones I've had my eye on. Like a few others I'm worried about the install. I've installed 2 now on Stern Spike 2 machines by removing the playfield which is really easy since it's like 3 cables. I'm not sure what I will do on Indy. I really don't want to disconnect all that wiring. I'm wondering if I could get a second person to manage the playfield position as I install them. I might also look into that Rapid Tac stuff. There was a post on here a while back where someone installed art blades on top of mirror blades first and then installed the mirror blades. I have a pair of mirror blades sitting here meant for Toy Story but I really don't think there is room on that machine for them so I might try that as well.

1 week later
#11237 3 months ago

Sorry I need to make a celebratory post here. After sitting on it for some 18 years I finally got up the courage to install Pin Gizmos jackpot light mod. Went with Comet 2SMD warm white frosted bulbs, clears seemed to blow out the images. While I was in there I also upgraded to Flipper Fidelity speakers. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me out in answering my questions and giving me the motivation to finally get this done.

indy_jackpot_light_01 (resized).jpgindy_jackpot_light_01 (resized).jpgindy_jackpot_light_02 (resized).jpgindy_jackpot_light_02 (resized).jpg

#11242 3 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I’m about about to change the batteries on the board in the head. Should I turn the game on while I do this or not? Thx.

Yup, have the game on so power is applied to the memory while you do the swap.

#11244 3 months ago

Got my mirrored backglass in today but I guess I need to order some different trim and lift channel for it as the stock ones are too tight. I know at one point people were using System 11 trim. Could someone point me to the recommended product listings on Pinball Life?

#11247 3 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I unvisited the thread, but there is someone making new trim in the thread that's dedicated to the cpr backglass trim here. Try a search and read the last page.

Going to go with some System 11 trim and grip tape and see how it goes.

#11251 3 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Yeah...it absolutely does NOT suck. It's pretty incredible and worth every penny.

From what I've seen of it out of the packaging it looks really nice. Maybe slightly darker than my original translite but I haven't seen it lit yet. I will say I'm much more impressed with the print quality and colors compared to the reproduction speaker panel I got from a different vendor.

#11258 3 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

So I just completed the install of the retro refurb inner blades and I'm super happy. Installation with two people was relatively easy once we decided on the plan of attack. My only issue is the horse is hidden behind this metal bracket (see pics). I'm wondering, perhaps I can remove this metal piece fully? I imagine it is there to prevent balls from hopping off of the wireforms and draining in the outlane but I honestly have never seen the ball hop off of that area ever.
Has anyone removed this piece and noticed any difference? If not, I'll try removing and see if there is any difference.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The only time I’ve ever seen the ball hit that metal was from air balls off the drop targets. With a protector in place now I’ve never hit it since.

#11266 3 months ago

So I finally got the mirrored back glass installed. The System 11 trim worked well on the top and sides, but the bottom lift channel was way too tight. I had to slowly tap it on with a block of wood and a hammer.

So I knew this thing was dark when I got it out of the package and I was hoping when it was lit it would look better. The print quality is pretty good but the overall image is way too dark and saturated even with lights behind it. The aspect ratio of the image also appears to be a bit off as everything from peoples faces to the grail and sankara stone look slightly taller/thinner than they should be. I also thought the mirror affect would be more apparent but it's pretty subtle. When I try to catch the reflections in the mirrored parts it looks pretty cloudy. I'll have to see how to looks in the evening with the lights off in the room.

I'm thinking I'd rather have the original translite back on the game even with the minor bit of damage to the back side of it, it's honestly kind of upsetting with how much this thing costs to arrive at that decision.

My final verdict is, as someone that favors overall image quality more even in light of some minor defects I don't think this good upgrade to the machine for how much it costs. If I was dealing with a machine with a translite or back glass that was too far gone and I couldn't find a cheaper more accurate reproduction then I'd consider it as an option. I just walk past the machine now and the whole thing looks wrong to me and I guess I chalk it up to a lesson learned, a costly one.

Here are some images. It honestly looks better in person than what I'm able to capture here. The details are more visible in person.

Mirrored back glass lit, taken backed away:
IMG_4811 (resized).jpegIMG_4811 (resized).jpeg

Mirrored back glass lit, taken closer:
IMG_4809 (resized).jpegIMG_4809 (resized).jpeg

Original translite unlit:
IMG_4810 (resized).jpegIMG_4810 (resized).jpeg

In context with the rest of the living room lineup:
IMG_4813 (resized).jpegIMG_4813 (resized).jpeg

#11268 3 months ago

I’m still trying to get use to it. Walking by powered off it actually looks really good and the mirrored parts are more apparent and easier to read. When lit though the strong saturation and darkness remains. I don’t know if an adjustment layer added to the source file could be used to counter this or if this is just the unfortunate natural of multiple layers of ink on glass versus a manufactured translite. I guess I’ll see if it grows on me.

IMG_4814 (resized).jpegIMG_4814 (resized).jpeg

#11272 3 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Is the mirror really mirrored? Hard to tell. That may be why it’s muddy.

I couldn't really tell you. It seems much more clear in the reflection when the game is off but it still seems a little cloudy.

#11274 3 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Ok, gotcha. That why I posted that it looks like CPR changed their “mirroring” where it’s not. They just use silver paint. A Taxi I did recently had this. My older one like orlandu81 had too I’m guessing is real mirroring. It’s still nice but they’re not near as nice as the older real mirroring.

I just turned the game on. It's seems to be mirroring. The the rest of the room is so dark the mirrored sections read as black unless I put my hand up and wave it around so I can see the reflection. It's just wild to me how dark it looks. With the machine off in normal daylight it looks great, it would be a piece that would be worth framing and hanging on the wall. When the game is on and being lit from behind it honestly looks way worse. It's so weird how the lighting from behind makes the art look darker and so orange. Earlier with the game off I was like I can live with this. Now with it on I'm like I want to put the translite back in, box up the mirrored back glass and stick it in the storage room and try to forget how much I spent on it.
IMG_4818 (resized).jpegIMG_4818 (resized).jpegIMG_4815 (resized).jpegIMG_4815 (resized).jpegIMG_4817 (resized).jpegIMG_4817 (resized).jpeg

#11280 3 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I have whichever ones were part of the IJ kit from Comet. I assume warm white or sunlight white but honestly am not sure. Definitely not cool white

Same here, whatever is in the Comet kit.

1 week later
#11299 3 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

How do we fix gi flicker ? Without gi-ocd?

There is a standard adjustment in the settings to turn off the power save dimming that occurs when game goes idle after a period of time.

IMG_0356 (resized).jpegIMG_0356 (resized).jpeg
#11307 3 months ago

From the folks that brought you Skyrim, Fallout & Elder Scrolls. Here we go!

To clarify who is making this, it’s developed by MachineGames who made the last 2 Wolfenstein games. Bethesda Softworks is the publisher, Bethesda Game Studios did not work on this outside of Todd Howard being an executive producer.

#11309 3 months ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

That is, without a doubt, the best Harrison Ford soundalike I've ever heard.

Yeah it's pretty good. When I first heard it I was like is that Troy Baker, turns out it is. That's my only worry now is I'll constantly be hearing that 20% of Troy Baker to the voice and hear some of his other roles coming through.

#11338 3 months ago
Quoted from shepP:

For the rollover lanes on IJ I've got 3 bulbs lighting up the red plastic lane guides like everyone else. I would like to add a socket to the 4th lane guide nearest the captive ball. Does anyone know the part number I'm looking for? I checked the manual but couldn’t figure it out.

Miniature Bayonet Base 2-Lead Socket With Short Mounting Bracket
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=A-11905

IMG_4860 (resized).jpegIMG_4860 (resized).jpeg
#11349 3 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I’m not near my machine currently but have some pics of how it looks like from above. If you lift the table it will be obvious where you can install the bulbs, will be open PF holes. I used a red LED for the idol just because I liked how it looks.

Wow I did not know about that one. Good thing I happened to order 2 sockets back when I did the roll over area. Will have to hunt this one down.

#11351 88 days ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Hi All. The yellow flasher on the ruins stopped working. I replaced the bulb with one of the flasher bulbs in the head and still no luck. The wires/solder on the lugs look solid. All other flashers work. Any ideas?
Also, the “light hands fate” insert bulb in the right inlane likes to flicker and go out on me. This is one of the lights on the big board where three “feet” are soldered into the board. If I pinch it tight it illuminates just fine. Seems like it doesn’t have the best connection. Does anyone have ideas how to make a good connection?
Thank you,
Jay

With wedge bulbs I sometimes have to pull them out and then bend the two leads 45 degrees away from the bulb body and reinstall. If the socket is loose reflow the solder on the legs. Might also check the clips inside the socket to make sure that they are getting a good grip on the bulb, might require removing the whole board to do so and at that point might as well give them all a once over. Half those wedge sockets on mine needed the solder reflowed and one had some bits of broken glass in it from an old bulb I had to clean out.

#11354 88 days ago

I think you might try your local hardware store. Marco last time I looked had sold out or discontinued.

For reference:

3x of the following:

6. 02-4547 Fastner, Button Head 1/2"
7. 4702-00014-00B Lockwasher #1/4, Internal Tooth (Black)
8. 4700-00129-00B Flatwasher, 13/64 x 15/32 x 22gauge
9. 4702-00013-00B Lockwasher #10, Internal Tooth (Black)
10. 4010-01097-06B Machine Screw, #10-32 x 3/8 TR-BH Button Head

ij_gun_assembly (resized).pngij_gun_assembly (resized).png
ij_screws (resized).jpgij_screws (resized).jpg

#11359 88 days ago

Another option is https://www.mcmaster.com/ but you’ll have to purchase them by the box and end up spending more and have lots of left overs. I’d use it as a last resort if there is a specific piece you can’t find at the local hardware store.

#11361 88 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

So you guys don't have stores like this?
https://www.bearfast.com.au/
Here they service agricultural industry's, tradies, fitters etc.
All fasteners you can think of, if they haven't got it, it will be here tomorrow. Bearings, pulleys, belts, tools, rope, chain, filters and lubricants etc.
I used to shop here all the time, my grandaughter called it the 'boys shop'.

So much of what is widespread here is geared towards homeowners and less industrial. I guess here something like this would be a mix Farm and Fleet, Rural King, and Harbor Freight. I'm sure there are even more specific stores like this for farmers and mechanics.

For nuts and bolts though I'd just go to my local mom and pop hardware store or Menards and go into the hardware section where there are drawers of full of just about everything. You can buy full boxes or they will sell them piecemeal. It's just a question of if you'll be able to find it or if they'll give you a puzzled look when you tell them what you are looking for. The more specific stuff or tiny sized items they tend to not stock since they are not an everyday item found in the home.

#11373 86 days ago

Finally got my Retro Refurbs art blades today. Took about a month to get to Illinois from Croatia. There was a long period of no update events to the tracking where I was worried I wasn’t going to get them. I will say out of the several other printed pieces of artwork I’ve ordered for Indy in the past this the first one I’ve been really happy with. The quality of the artwork, printing, and material used are excellent. It is what I would expect from one of the big pinball manufactures. Now I want to revisit the site and see what else they have.

#11378 85 days ago

So before I install art blades on my game is there any prep work people recommend for an older game like this that has some visible wear on it. The obsessive side of me wants to at least repaint the edge of wood near the glass channel that will be slightly exposed. Wonder what would be the best way to tape off the glass channel to paint this area. Also I didn't know if maybe I should wood fill and sand any slight scratches and gouges in the wood, I don't think any are too deep and will be covered by the art blades.

IMG_4906 (resized).jpegIMG_4906 (resized).jpegIMG_4907 (resized).jpegIMG_4907 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#11398 64 days ago

Running into an issue today when I turned my machine on that I could use some help with. I've seen something similar like this before that seemed to clear itself up after I ran a ball through the subway.

Basically what happened is I turned the game on and instantly heard some coils firing over and over. It looks like the 3 bank drop target fired it's coil like 3 times, then the vuk for the idol lock started firing repeatedly on a loop. Then the game started launching all the balls out of the trough over and over. I attempted to play a game with the balls launching over and over but once the balls went down in the subway they stayed trapped down there.

I tried going into the test menu. I got an error about the mini playfield. I attempted to run the test for the mini playfield and the idol and neither motors runs and it says they are both bad.

Seems odd to see a number of weird things happening all at once so their must be a root cause to it all. I could use some help trying to figure out what is going on.

#11400 64 days ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

I seem to recall if you plug in the ribbon cable on the 8 driver one row off that can happen. Did you recently remove and replace some
cables?

Haven't done any recent work on this game and it's been playing fine for months.

#11402 64 days ago

If F116 was blown would I have still have coils firing? Sorry I don't know much about what fuses and connectors are connected to what on the game. I wish I knew more about this so if someone wants to school me or point me to a good document/video that overviews that stuff I'd love to learn it.

I did a quick visual inspection of my fuses and nothing looked blown. I thought I'd maybe reseat some connectors on the power driver board one at a time and turn the game on. I started with J116 and turned it on and everything seems to be working again.

I wonder what is going on, I've seen this gremlin pop up before many months ago. The fact that I had random coils firing tells me that most likely a number of the opto's on the game were knocked out causing the game to not know the state of things. So what could be the root cause of opto's going out and the POA and idol motors failing to enter test mode?

#11405 64 days ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Sounds like no optos are registering. Check your 12v power
You CAN NOT “visually inspect” fuses. Bad fuses may look fine.

Outside of a fuse being in good working condition or being blown, can it be in a state where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

#11406 64 days ago

Since we're here talking shop, I'd also really like to get a better understanding of what some of these boards do on the underside of the playfield if someone could give a quick one sentence description for each. I've tried to look these things up before but most of the results I get for them are sites selling replacement boards and nothing that explains what they do. I can sort of infer from the name an idea of what they might do but I'd like to have a clearer understanding.

Motor EMI Board
Bridge Driver PC Board
10-Switch Opto Assembly
Opto Ramp Switch Board

1 week later
#11493 53 days ago
Quoted from marschner:

Can someone please post some pictures where to install extra light under the idol lock?

I haven’t gotten around to installing it yet but I assume people are talking about this unused hole between the idol motor and the subway vuk.

IMG_0380 (resized).jpegIMG_0380 (resized).jpeg
#11504 49 days ago

I bring it up in here because I sold my TZ and they run the same dcs system as IJ.

I'm not sure TZ has DCS. I think Indy was the first and it came out after TZ. I could be wrong but it probably doesn't matter in regards to what is causing the issue. Might try posting this in the TZ owners thread as well but it seems like a generalized issue and not TZ specific. Is it bad that if this happened to me I'd be like oh well time to upgrade to pinsound

2 weeks later
#11548 35 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I hope I understood correctly. If this isn’t what you meant just let me know and I’ll take more.[quoted image][quoted image]

I took it as them wanting the measurement from the cabinet front face top edge and right edge to the top right carriage bolt of the mounting plate, but that’s an assumption on my part.

#11556 35 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone know the size of the sling rubbers?

2-1/2"

1 week later
#11593 26 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

That scoop is too high to fit in the mode scoop location. It will require alterations to fit.

Don’t think that’s what is being asked about here. Was curious about this print as well since Cliffy doesn’t provide a protector for this hole that does start to wear.

#11603 26 days ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I have a finicky socket on the large light board for the “Hands of Fate” inlane LED. A chap recently posted he reflowed the solder on the three spots where the socket was connected to the board and that worked for him. In his case the socket had been completely removed.
In my case the socket is installed, but the light is intermittent, if I put pressure on the socket the LED will illuminate, no pressure and it wont.
I tried reflowing solder on the three connection points where the socket meets the board, by touching the hot soldering iron to the old dried solder areas, but no luck. Does anyone have any other recommendations?
TIA

I've had issues with a couple of these sockets on this board, they were visibly loose and a reflow fixed them.

I've also had intermittent issues with lights on this board that I thought were a diode issue but ultimately turned out to be a cracked solder joint at the base of one of the pins that the wiring harness connects too. Follow the traces from this socket back to the pins that drive it and reflow the solder at the base of the pins. Use a multi meter and run a continuity test from pin to socket for each leg on the socket and be aware of any diodes on the path, it will only test correctly in one direction. I'd also say lightly press on the pins when testing, my first continuity test on the pins came back good but it was because I was pressing on them with enough pressure to flex them and bridge the crack in the solder joint.

Ideally if you have a solder sucker, clear out the old stuff and apply some new solder. Reheating the old stuff should work though too.

Also doesn't hurt to pull the bulb, bend out the wire leads on each side at 45 degrees and reinstall.

2 weeks later
#11672 6 days ago
Quoted from OtherLebowski:

I recently did the AnyPin NVRAM mod to my Indy and I was looking at all those caps on the pcbs. Do people generally do cap kits at this point on their pins as preventative maintenance? I almost always do that with the chassis on my monitors now when I get a cab that hasn't been recapped.

I had a recent discussion with some guys that do repairs about if I should pull the boards and bullet proof them now and their general consensus seemed to be it's better to just what for something on the board to fail and do it then versus pulling a working board and doing all that work on it and accidently breaking a board that was working fine. I think either way you go is logical and up to the owner, and stuff could break either way.

Curious where you send the original boards to in order to get them refreshed?

There are probably a number of guys out there that do this work. The two I'm most aware of here in the midwest are Chris Hibler who does a lot of the WPC boards and Dylan Ramey(Dr Pinball) who currently does a lot of System 3-11 stuff but I think is going to upgrade his bench at some point to do WPC.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/chrishibler
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/dr-pinball

#11682 2 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Finally got under the hood and I think this is the problem (picture attached). Do I need to have this repaired or can I order a replacement board (anybody making them)?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Hard to see the extent of the damage but the repair might not be too bad if it's just common components like the capacitor, diodes, resistors, etc... I don't know how hard it is to source anything else on there. The transistors seem to be fairly cheap and common as well.

Also available at pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/bridge-driver-replacement-board-for-williams-indiana-jones-a-15946.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,419.00
$ 85.00
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sin13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=sin13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.