IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#193 9 years ago

May try and rejoin the Club Looking for one in MD/PA/VA

#195 9 years ago

yep.....Ill find one

1 week later
#197 9 years ago

Anyone selling Bi-Plane Mod? May pick up an IJ in the next few weeks.

#199 9 years ago

great info. thanks!

4 weeks later
#221 9 years ago

trying to join this club....have several pins to trade.

2 weeks later
#238 9 years ago

hoping to join the club. Anyone wanting to exit club send me a PM

#240 9 years ago

Honestly...I think with all the pin prices going crazy I have seen IJ stay about the same. About 5 years ago a nice Ij was close to 5k and TZ was 3k. IJ can still be found for 5k and others have doubled.

#242 9 years ago

Have a beautiful TOM with. Lots of upgrades and gold powder coating for a nice IJ. Would need some cash back. If your looking to trade your IJ shoot me a message

3 weeks later
#298 9 years ago

Air balls are very common in ij. Nothing worse then losing a ball when it flies over the left wire form and drains. Although I swear a couple times I thought it launched a new ball like the code knew it was an air ball

5 months later
#514 9 years ago

I'll post pics but I just picked up an IJ. It has 2 speaker panel mod boards are in a shipping tube. I think these are from Europe. Anyone identify the smaller board or have instructions ? Also looking for an inexpensive ark mod.

Thanks !

ij boards.JPGij boards.JPG

#516 9 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

The larger board is the Jackpot board for the back box display panel. The smaller board is the lost plastic light board.

Thanks. Do I need instructions? Where to plug in jackpot connectors ? Placement of lost plastic board?

#520 9 years ago

Thanks looks like a lot of work. Any IJ owners instsll lost plastic? Pain level ?

1 week later
#544 8 years ago

Can someone verify when the large arrow insert should Be on in front of right ramp. I picked up the ark mod from rierman and am very impressed. Easy install. Pics up soon.

5 months later
#741 8 years ago

I just picked up an IJ slot topper for my Stern Indy. Even though I know this is the "other" IJ pin I thought I remember a few pics on pinside how someone mounted it on their pin. Anyone have a IJ slot tipper they mounted. Gonna add LED lights to light it up.

#745 8 years ago

mine is just the plastic from the slot machine. I need to build a holder.

5 months later
#902 7 years ago

Working on a friends IJ with none of the optos working that are controlled by the 10 opto switch board....LED is on and I get lots of optos to register when I wiggle the main connector on left. Did not have time to go into any more testing. Thinking cold solder joints so I will try that first. But I noticed no one has this board in stock. Is it avail anywhere if needed?

1 week later
#913 7 years ago

Anybody want out of the club in MD/VA/PA area...looking to join.

1 week later
#916 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

LOVE it. Black looks awesome!

Looks great!

1 year later
#1701 6 years ago

Anyone have a source for a mine cart? Seems the mod is just the hasbro mine cart toy...Like to add one to my indy...thx

2 months later
#2024 6 years ago

Feeling lazy. Have a friends Indy and the idol motor is acting up. Thinking Optos. Link to correct Optos? Thx

#2026 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Subway, right where it falls in the center and rolls to the vuk. There in mid metal subway ramp. Alignment or dirt.

So you think it's those Optos instead of the ones up in the idol? I'll check those Thx

#2028 6 years ago

Thx. At game start up the idol keeps searching. No error messages though. I checked ball trough with him over the phone and he said all registered in test mode. Subway and idol ill check next

2 months later
#2453 6 years ago

Any cool lighting ideas? pics? I'm adding amber led strips under the idol lock and it looks nice...maybe some strips along the back to light it up better?

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Do something for the POA?
Borders and Holes only switch on if POA is active... Borders begin flashing if right ramp is activated.
If Mission fails all lamps shut off immediately.

Cool. Your idea? For sale ?

#2460 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Take a look here - during gameplay the Flasher is more quickly with much better effect.
» YouTube video

how did you light your mode start hole? thx

2 weeks later
#2509 6 years ago

Just got my boards serviced. Game works perfect now except my POA motor. the red led light is on the little board under the pf in the back but I get nothing form my POA from my POA. Any basics to check first?

#2511 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just got my boards serviced. Game works perfect now except my POA motor. the red led light is on the little board under the pf in the back but I get nothing form my POA from my POA. Any basics to check first?

looks like some flashers out on same circuit. will start with checking some fuses.

#2512 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

looks like some flashers out on same circuit. will start with checking some fuses.

update...no led5 lit so no 20v

#2524 6 years ago

Anyone running there game with a rottendog mpu? I can't get poa to work. Or the opto board for poa to work. I get continuity from conn under mini of Back to boards in head. But can't get Optos to work. Can't tell if my opto board is original or after Market

1 week later
#2537 6 years ago

Poa is dead. Does not move on start up. Also fails poa test. I know it works in conjunction with sw 94 and 95. I have a replacement rottendog due to extensive acid damage

Opto board is couple years old
I can ground wires from driver board and it will turn left and right no problem
Tested new CPU in friends Indy works perfect
There is some corrosion on CPU Connectors and they are all being replaced when parts arrive

Just need a plan of Attack to narrow down what's failing I get correct voltages and ground. I'm missing something simple as it worked before

Good gift card to person who solves it

3 weeks later
#2574 6 years ago

Fixing a friends Indy. Im getting 2 error messages on start up. chk drops coil/switch for both the 3 ban and single drop. They both work perfect and switches all register every time. What is causing this message? thx

#2579 6 years ago

finishing up a shop job for my friend. When I hit the left ramp alot of times the ball flies off about 4-5 inches after it does the 180 and heading back. Anyone else have airballs off the left ramp? Def seems to be too much speed..I added super bands to flippers so I guess I need to check that.

#2582 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Sure that the right coils are installed?
Check number on coil wrappers... often 11630 (red) and 11629 (blue) were used either-way.

Thx. Coils are correct. It's just fast and smooth around that left loop it falls off just under the place. I'll have to double check ramp allignment

1 year later
#4168 5 years ago

anyone leaving the club in MD/PA/VA area shoot me a PM.. Thx.

#4176 5 years ago

Looking to join the club...Have a few pins I could trade...AFM LE may get listed soon...

2 weeks later
#4279 4 years ago

Hopefully joining the club this weekend. Has color DMD and pinsound. Ill prob get some of the lori mods ruins for each side. Are there 2-3 popular upgrades for Indy without going overboard. Can you add a shaker? I have seen some people add a more realistic planes or the prop mod.

thx.

#4281 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

There was a shaker kit made by pinbits for this game. It attaches to the ruins flasher. I got one years ago and I would say its just "ok" since the game was never designed for one, not sure its worth hunting for one.
You've got two of the most important mods for the game... color DMD and pinsound. I've got a set of KornFreak's planes (I'm tangentially involved in that project... so I'm a bit prejudiced here) and they look great, and with the spinning props... just awesome! I'm not much into all the other stuff because it significantly changes the look of the game and I generally don't care for that... and that's just my personal preference.
Enjoy! It's definitely my favorite machine of all time... largely because of the theme, and I believe it to be one of the best theme integrations ever.

Thx!

#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

don't forget davi 's anti air ball plastic . I think they're a worthwhile investment also . here is mine I've just finished with color led dmd , sideblades from retro refurbs , left ramp cover from lior (leds added) , mini p/f rail decals & backboard plastic ,backbox idol lamp board from marco, plane update from kornfreak , anti air ball(also one on single drop target) from davi , top notch (and they are!) target shields , comet bumper rings (adjustable if you don't like so bright) , matched LEDs and supabands .auto 2pac clearcoat , new legs, bolts protectors ,cab decals also .has finished very nice ,faultless and great to play .the planes make me smile when they spin ,and I dig the action supabands and clearcoat provide. and thanks to beelzeboob for helping me with mode hole rejects. stop removed , 10 mm foam at rear , 5 of 6 in hole , before 5 of 6 rejects hope . you enjoy yours same
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image] and

Thx for info

Who sells the nicest cab art? The Indy I’m looking at is pretty faded

#4286 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Hard to get right now.
Next gen OEM are the best.
The other fake ones are ok but not correct.

thx...who sells Next Gen?

2 weeks later
#4329 4 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Some additions from Lior and Davi. Love this idol, so much better than the original.
[quoted image]

How does the idol look with the stock ruins? out of place or like it came from factory It does look cool.

1 month later
#4469 4 years ago

I have a used set of trough boards. $30 shipped. Position 3 stopped registering so I just bought a new set from pinball life. If your good at troubleshooting should be easy fix.

#4481 4 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Just finishing the restore on mine. What do you guys think? Still waiting on some parts to finish it[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I have inside cab art too. Best way to put it on?

2 months later
#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from stricht:

Before and after[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I have the artwork but I am afraid to try it

1 month later
#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

To do it “right” is a massive job. I did a quick workaround and it looks amazing. Did the whole thing in a few hours on a couple different days. I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between my job and a fully restored cab. That being said, my cabinet wasn’t a wreck to begin with.
I patched some dings in the wood.
Took it outside and took the rails and hardware off the front (it was on a jack) and masked off the Playfield and backbox insides.
Painted the edges black with spray paint
Wait to dry.
Brought back in. Sitting on the ground with no legs, I set the head back and rolled the pin to one side. Support the Playfield (don’t remember what i used) and remove those bolts and apply side decal (wet method iirc)
Put bots back in that side. Roll to other side and repeat.
Put back up on a jack to do front decal
Head decals are simple. Pull out bolts one side at a time and apply.
I really left it mostly intact the whole time.
I’ll probably get some ire from perfectionists on here. I do have two tiny bubbles (2mm) but I don’t think that was prep related. That just was hard to prevent. I watched a few YouTube videos and one showing the final method I used (one-man job) I watched a few times.
Good luck. It was worth it. Indy is a forever pin for me.
It was relatively painless and I can’t believe I got it nearly perfect on my one and only try. That being said, I have another Ij with fade and I haven’t gotten the courage to try again.
Oh, while you’re at it, do yourself a favor and buy brass coated hardware and rails. I think it really makes it pop.

I may try mine as a winter project I thought you had to sand or paint cab black or old art could be seen through new decals.

#4798 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to a good video on applying cab decals?

#4818 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That looks great. Your playfield looks perfect!
I'm having another issue I just discovered, my Path of Adventure only tips to the right or left just barely off center. Almost 100% of the time, the ball simply rolls into the first pit. I can't get enough pitch left or right to affect the ball much.
Is this adjustable? Or a Path of Adventure motor or opto board issue?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

When you turn game on it does a self test. Back and forth. Does it pass ?

3 months later
#5300 4 years ago

Going to add the air ball protector to the captive ball drop. Looks like I def have to move the ramp out of the way to access the lock nuts. The diverter is staring at me in the ramp. Easy to move out of the way for access or a PIA?

Thx

#5302 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Need to remove the plastic cover that is on top of the ramp and loosen the grub screw underneath the playfield, after which the diverter will slide out. It's a little bit work but not that bad to do.

thx. actually got a mini socket and was able to get nuts off and plastic is now on...

3 years later
#10261 1 year ago

Been a while since Ive posted on thread so not sure what has changed in a few years....If anyone can post a reply that would be great. Looking at an indy with rough faded cab. Is anyone make new cabs with art applied? Is POA motor and opto board still avail? Is there still a new mod shot bracket which helps with kick outs? Thx in advance

1 week later
#10315 1 year ago

Trying to rejoin club. Owned this title 3 times back when they were 5k all day long... Never expected this. Prices are just too high. Patiently waiting for a motivated seller

1 week later
#10381 1 year ago

Still looking to join the club. Looking for a motivated seller . As rare as finding the lost ark

3 weeks later
#10470 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Rad cals shipped yesterday. Can’t wait.
If you're outside of the us or eu, ordering here on pinside will get you free shipping anywhere. On micro’s website, price is the same, but you have to add reeealllly expensive shipping which makes it prohibitive in many cases.

Is there a good video on applying rad Cals. Looking at an Indy with rough cab and bad fade

3 weeks later
#10528 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Oh boy, we’re in for some work on this one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]</blockquote

I made a topper for my IJ. I used Comet matrix lighting to light the Stone, Arc and Grail.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Leave room for dial of destiny prop

1 month later
#10603 9 months ago

looking to join club. Close to MD/PA/VA. Cab can be rough/faded but nice pf.

1 week later
#10635 9 months ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I enjoyed it, not the best but enjoyable and a fitting end

I actually loved it. Nothing can compare to the 1st What can you expect? It has all the things you like to see. Great final movie. Now lets have a new pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
$ 1,419.00
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=billsfanmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.