pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-17 212908 (resized).png
Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg
PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3592 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 340.
#14701 10 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Ahh ok, I need to play some more as Im sure I have locked the ball, dropped the targets and gone into the scoop and chosen first kill without releasing the ball.
Maybe I have been drinking too much as well though
Will check this out, thanks.

If you got enough tombstones, the mode is unlocked. Playing the Judith MB just unlocks it immediately early.

#14702 10 months ago

is the song Mr. Sandman by the Chordettes anywhere in the game?
THANKS Spooky for a FUN game

#14703 10 months ago
Quoted from sirisles:

is the song Mr. Sandman by the Chordettes anywhere in the game?
THANKS Spooky for a FUN game

It's not, but that was from Halloween 2. This is supposed to be just on the original 78 movie.

#14704 10 months ago

In future code if they were to add an attract mode it be cool to be the the opening credits of the movie with the pumpkin and the the theme song playing.

#14705 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

If you got enough tombstones, the mode is unlocked. Playing the Judith MB just unlocks it immediately early.

Just been playing and paying attention, you are correct. Thanks for the info and makes sense as there can’t really be a ball locked in the tombstone to play first kill anyway

This really is a great game now!

#14706 10 months ago

Happy Father's day to all the spooky dad's out there including Matt and Charlie.

Hint: Three of the orange hurry-ups qualify First Kill, but collecting more before starting the mode will increase your scoring potential during the mode.

#14707 10 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hint: Three of the orange hurry-ups qualify First Kill, but collecting more before starting the mode will increase your scoring potential during the mode.

So you can have the ball locked in the tombstone and start first kill?

#14708 10 months ago

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads on this forum and spooky crew. Absolutely loving how HW is coming along. This last update is truly amazing. Can’t wait for scooby to arrive this fall.

#14709 10 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

So you can have the ball locked in the tombstone and start first kill?

No. The expert modes can only be started in single ball play. You can however collect additional orange shots prior to starting to boost your scores in First Kill. Two shots are spawned per hit to the tombstone.

#14710 10 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

No. The expert modes can only be started in single ball play. You can however collect additional orange shots prior to starting to boost your scores in First Kill. Two shots are spawned per hit to the tombstone.

Think I need to take the glass off and play around, so if you have a ball locked in the tombstone and hit 3 orange knife handle hurry ups it will not qualify first kill but if you hit 3 orange knife handles with no ball locked in tombstone it will qualify. I’m on brandy now

#14711 10 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads on this forum and spooky crew. Absolutely loving how HW is coming along. This last update is truly amazing. Can’t wait for scooby to arrive this fall.

Same to you and you will love Scooby. My family and I love it.

#14712 10 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

In future code if they were to add an attract mode it be cool to be the the opening credits of the movie with the pumpkin and the the theme song playing.

Agree 110%. I thought the same thing. SpookyLuke

#14713 10 months ago

Audio improvements were included in the recent UM update, so you might get one thing on your wish list.

why is my update taking so long. Screen says updating/ please wait. It’s been 45mins…?

#14714 10 months ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

why is my update taking so long. Screen says updating/ please wait. It’s been 45mins…?

Take a look at your file name. I bet it's incorrect. When I downloaded the new code it added a 1 in the file name and I had to remove it.

#14715 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Take a look at your file name. I bet it's incorrect. When I downloaded the new code it added a 1 in the file name and I had to remove it.

Thanks bud

#14716 10 months ago

Once you update, delete the old files off your PC. The change in name is because you already had a file with the same name in the default save directory your using so it's going to keep happening till you get rid of the old updates

#14717 10 months ago

New update is amazing. Only bug I encountered was the red/white speaker,topper lights and the blood store cost issue. Other then that money!! Keep ‘em coming!

#14718 10 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Think I need to take the glass off and play around, so if you have a ball locked in the tombstone and hit 3 orange knife handle hurry ups it will not qualify first kill but if you hit 3 orange knife handles with no ball locked in tombstone it will qualify. I’m on brandy now

What does she think of the update?

#14719 10 months ago

This update is an example of why you don't bail on a game for pennies on the dollar before it's potential is realized. Glad mine is velcro'd to the floor (nothing is permanent

The theme alone, when code is fully realized, will propel this pin into the upper echelon of our hobby.

#14720 10 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

What does she think of the update?

She? Edit - on brandy lol

Me great, especially now I understand what is going on with the orange knife handles! That’s drinking water for you.

Just had a great game and it all made sense mostly, didn’t even take the glass off.
I did tick off B&L.
48CECAEE-DB4C-4501-B35D-C0CE6542BCF3 (resized).jpeg48CECAEE-DB4C-4501-B35D-C0CE6542BCF3 (resized).jpegEF45309F-1EAC-454B-A420-48E254FA13D5 (resized).jpegEF45309F-1EAC-454B-A420-48E254FA13D5 (resized).jpeg

#14721 10 months ago

Yes- I was able to get a CE with butter a few months ago for a real good $$$ - The best value in pinball- the latest code is a HUGE step up and i am really really loving this game

#14722 10 months ago

Excited to try the new code!

#14723 10 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

She? Edit on blandly lol
Me great, especially now I understand what is going on with the orange knife handles! That’s drinking water for you.
Just had a great game and it all made sense mostly, didn’t even take the glass off.
I did tick off B&L.[quoted image][quoted image]

#14724 10 months ago

That roaming hedge shot in First Kill keeps alluding me and stopping me from finishing it lol. But still it's a good mode to do just for the points you can earn even if you fail to complete it.

#14725 10 months ago

Guys my bob and lynda mode is a lot shorter and is missing THE most important move clip since the update
Is there some setting Im missing?
Thanks

#14726 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys my bob and lynda mode is a lot shorter and is missing THE most important move clip since the update
Is there some setting Im missing?
Thanks

You can complete Bob and Lynda now without the balcony shot. If adult mode is on, you can still go and make the shot to the balcony for a bonus and you get the boobies scene. But it's no longer required part of the mode

#14727 10 months ago

You can complete Bob and Lynda now without the balcony shot. If adult mode is on, you can still go and make the shot to the balcony for a bonus and you get the boobies scene. But it's no longer required part of the mode

Hmm. my adult setting is on, maybe I need to switch it off and on again !

#14728 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Did you finish the mode with the left ramp or the balcony shot?

#14729 10 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Did you finish the mode with the left ramp or the balcony shot?

i cant remember excactly.. but I think neither, I think it ends now with the drop targets near the ramps.

#14730 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

i cant remember excactly.. but I think neither, I think it ends now with the drop targets near the ramps.

Well, just as in real life you now have to work for them boobies.

#14731 10 months ago

New code is great, but one question. I noticed that the Don't fear the reaper music is not as as loud anymore during multiball. Is there a setting for this volume? Thx

#14732 10 months ago

Yes Sir. Under multiball sound effects. I set it to 15

Quoted from gameroompinball:

New code is great, but one question. I noticed that the Don't fear the reaper music is not as as loud anymore during multiball. Is there a setting for this volume? Thx

#14733 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You might have accidentally finished it with a ramp shot, its now a shorter mode as before I know some said it was too long and too many shots for what is supposed to be an easy mode. You can instead go to the house and do the optional boobie shot now but if you hit the final ramp shot then that ends the mode early

#14734 10 months ago

So house to balcony BEFORE the final ramp shot to finish the mode.

You might have accidentally finished it with a ramp shot, its now a shorter mode as before I know some said it was too long and too many shots for what is supposed to be an easy mode. You can instead go to the house and do the optional boobie shot now but if you hit the final ramp shot then that ends the mode early

#14735 10 months ago

I'm not a fan of the skill shot. If you make it the voice says you were doing very well last night.......

Making the skill shot to me should have been something with a clip in the movie.

#14736 10 months ago

Sadly my auto fire is acting up after the update. I have been toying with it in settings and the switches work but it’s really weak or doesn’t even fire if I set the number too high or low.

#14737 10 months ago

A few people have had some trough and plunger issues, here's some symptoms and things you can check:

- auto plunger weak:
take off the glass and check the metal autoplunger forks aren't hitting the rubber tip of the manual plunger. The playfield can move left or right a bit to help clear it. I move mine over as far left as I can when I put the playfield back down. You can also loosen the screws that hold the manual plunger to the cabinet and can adjust and re-tighten as well, which is an even better solution.

- ball locked in Judith Tombstone is released when new ball is being auto-plunged:
check all your trough switches carefully. When the new ball is being ejected it can cause the others to jiggle around. The code allows for this for a short time, but if any of your trough switches are sticking, it may seem like an extra ball is in the trough (i.e. what happens when you drain) and so it releases the ball. Make sure you test the switches with balls as well as just finger tests, also try moving the balls over the switches at different speeds. Don't forget that when a ball is locked, and the next one is ejected, there are only 5 balls in the trough at this stage, so test with this many balls as well as other configurations.

- ball locked in Judith Tombstone, new ball auto-plunged and drains, locked ball not released:
check your trough, switches 6 and 7 especially. These are what tell the machine that you've drained and it should release the ball to continue play. Use the ball trough test and look through the coin door at the switches from underneath. If any of them are sticking (even just sometimes) they will cause this behaviour

- when a ball is ejected to the shooter lane, it bounces back in:
reduce the TROUGH coil strength (just one level at a time and re-test) in the menu settings. This should never happen and will cause an extra ball to sit in the "trough jam" state above the first ball in the trough. This can then cause more problems when the next ball is ejected as it will be trying to eject two at once (only one makes it out - the other one goes back into the jam location and the cycle continues)

- at ball start it doesn't successfully eject a ball until try 2 or 3:
use the TROUGH TEST to make sure there isn't a ball in TROUGH JAM (clear it if there is), increase the TROUGH coil strength (just one level at a time and re-test) so it is ejecting correctly

- extra balls being ejected into the shooter lane:
** There is an issue in 1.11 where the code isn't waiting long enough for the ball to get to the shooter switch, so if the ball rattles a bit or takes slightly too long to get there, it is sending another one. That has been addressed and will be fixed in the next update **
But under normal circumstances this is likely an issue with your shooter lane switch. Again, use the TROUGH TEST and check the switch with your finger as well as with a ball and make sure it is always activated when a ball is ejected.

#14738 10 months ago

Did the ball search time get lowered on recent update? I caught the ball after launch and made 3 or so unsuccessful attempts at the Judith skill shot, hitting the left post of judith. Then shatzed up the right inlane during a try which rainbowed over to the left inlane to another unsuccessful Judith attempt lol. Ball Search went off at that point. Maybe the time should be lengthened during skill shot until it is qualified, or unqualified as it may be, since the ball hitting the judith post and falling back to the flippers without hitting anything, repeatedly, seems like a potential norm.

Only other problem I had was a multiball starting shortly after launching a ball once randomly.

Really lookin good Matt, love this game.

#14739 10 months ago

Morgoth00 ha ha! I hear you on those attempts at the lock. Sometimes it seems like you can't miss it, but others, oh boy, it just seems to bounce off every. single. other. thing. It gets risky after that ball save goes off though.

We'll take a look at increasing that initial search timeout.

#14740 10 months ago

When could we expect an update that addresses these bugs? Will there be a "bug fix" update or will we have to wait until ver 1.12?

#14741 10 months ago

So…Can anyone help? All my servos have lost power. Any clues?

#14742 10 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

When could we expect an update that addresses these bugs?

Working on this now, v1.12 will be a bug fix release.

#14743 10 months ago

Don't know if this one has been reported yet.

I had a ball locked at the gravestone and started house multiball. I got 4-5 supers, then hit the gravestone target which released the locked ball and that started Judith multiball and I didn't get credit for completing house.

#14744 10 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So…Can anyone help? All my servos have lost power. Any clues?

Had the same happen a while back and just fixed recently. Servo fuse has probably blown (3A fast-blow). A failed servo most likely caused it though so get a bunch to use while troubleshooting.

#14745 10 months ago

Thanks. I found the fuse but like you said it’s probably just the start of this journey

Quoted from mstang01:

Had the same happen a while back and just fixed recently. Servo fuse has probably blown (3A fast-blow). A failed servo most likely caused it though so get a bunch to use while troubleshooting.

#14746 10 months ago

I ordered the correct fuse.

I had to manually crank the subway mech up to release the ball on both sides so I know they will be “out of wack” when I put in the new fuse.

Anyone know how to make sure I have them in the correct position before I fire her back up with the new fuse?

#14747 10 months ago

I had the same no settings seemed to matter. I adjusted the forks themselves by bending them and got it in the right position. Just lift up of and rest it on cab when you manually engage it make sure it’s straight.

I will say I hav zero issues with this prior to update. I do wonder if the power of the coil was affected somehow.

Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Sadly my auto fire is acting up after the update. I have been toying with it in settings and the switches work but it’s really weak or doesn’t even fire if I set the number too high or low.

#14748 10 months ago

I have not played my game in a few months waiting for the code to be released. Has "Stalker Mode" always been that silent when first activated? It seems the music is no longer there or it never was. The light animations do imply something should be heard. Just wondering if this is just me or what!

#14749 10 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I ordered the correct fuse.
I had to manually crank the subway mech up to release the ball on both sides so I know they will be “out of wack” when I put in the new fuse.
Anyone know how to make sure I have them in the correct position before I fire her back up with the new fuse?

Lol, fought that too mine fell out into the cabinet. Had to use trial and error but you can only move them when powered off. I gauged by the position when the gears first engaged when rotating. I think I ended up about 5 or six notches below the bottom of the unit.

#14750 10 months ago

To reposition the lifter arm you can unplug the servo instead of shutting off the machine. When the arm is in the down position you want the top of the arm as close to the height of the base o the subway as possible, without going above the bottom of the subway (ball trap).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 49.99
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 16,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/295?hl=georgeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.