IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider morgoth00.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 2 years ago

#88, counting the minutes

FB_IMG_1630726187533 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1630726187533 (resized).jpg
#91 2 years ago

Are there plans to fix the 'multiba' or are the playfields dry and delivered?

FB_IMG_1631917430992 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1631917430992 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#134 2 years ago

Code is looking great!

Here are some ideas from a suggestion email I sent Spooky. Maybe my list will spawn some more from some of you!

From movie intro Loomis with nurse - "Go on, move!" (used when no plunge for 10 seconds?)

-From movie- Laurie's Dad - "Don't forget to drop the key off at the myers place!" (When plunger is released)

-Use the noise effect when Laurie drops key at mat and Michael's head is shown inside (used wherever)
On same note- maybe a mode involving myers house key?

-Loud mask breathing! Haven't noticed this yet, this is a must have, should be used alot!

Sanitarium-
-1st special movie noise effect when Michael jumps onto car viewed through back window
(Use when entering sanitarium?)
-2nd special movie noise effect when Michael grabs nurses hair.
(Use when flipped out of sanitarium?)

From movie - "He's gonna get you! He's gonna get you! The Boogey man! The Boogey man! " (Children chanting at schoolyard, any group of kids could be used, local Benton kids? No assets required.)

From movie - Loomis- "Lonnie! get your ass away from there!"
(Used when hitting a bad red shot?)

-This pin needs more movie kids/trick or treat stuff in it. From movie "Trick or treat trick or treat, gimme something good to eat!" Benton kids.
(Use when completing a mode?)

-Haddonfield cheerleaders chanting their cheer from movie "We're from Haddonfield, couldn't be prouder, can't hear us now? We'll yell a little louder!". Get the local Benton high-school cheerleaders to do it for you for a clean track no assets required.
(Use when completing a school related mode?)

-Use the movie clip or do animation of it, of the clown mask being donned with the eye holes and heavy breathing as the screen moves.

All of these are iconic small tidbits from the movie true fans will appreciate

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No offense, but most of these callout ideas wouldn’t have anything to do with the modes in the game. The Michael breathing part is cool though.

8 of the 11 suggestions were in no way mode related and could be used as sound byte/effects where I specified, and other places.
We also have no idea what modes are in store for us.
Keep it up Spooky! love the blood drop thing!

1 week later
#292 2 years ago

It's bombing on rottentomatoes right now, critics are below 50%. But what do they know, they gave Boondock Saints 28%! That is laughable. Waiting for the weekend reviews to come in.

#298 2 years ago

Looks like time between initial emails until the invoice, are running about 6-8 days based on others. Haven't received my initial yet, but there is still time to get my #88 by Halloween at current rate if I get the email by Friday, go team Spooky

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

They only work 4 days a week. I don't think they work on Fridays. Hopefully Monday for you though!

True, but at least 8 initials that we know of went out oct1st Friday. So there's hope

#329 2 years ago

Saw the armor powder coating failure on HWN. Was wondering if anyone knew if that would be a failure due to gold color, or a powdercoat brand failure? I wanted to get some rails powder coated on something else, should there be anything to steer clear of? I always thought powdercoat meant nearly indestructible. Or should it just always be clear coated and that is always the solution?

I wonder how long that set back will delay machines (if at all?)

1 week later
#482 2 years ago

About to play #10 on location in tourney at Electric Bat

20211023_120416 (resized).jpg20211023_120416 (resized).jpg
#488 2 years ago

I hope spooky fixes the mode menu going off when the ball is in play, sooner than later. Watching people jamming on the flippers without looking up to realize the mode screen is going nuts between the selections and the shots they keep making really dampens the beauty of this machine. It is like that on ultraman as well, I reported it.

Having played both (and I own ultraman), I 100% like Halloween better! They are pulling off the broody moody theme well with the light show and the clips, so far. And they have just begun! One lady said "I never know where the ball is coming from".. I told her, yup, just like Michael! She got super into it then. Another was amazed that Spooky actually made him stressed out playing a pinball game like he was watching a scary movie. Everyone was liking it alot. Well done spooky crew!

#494 2 years ago

Someone posted an early CE on Facebook for 15k. Has it begun?

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I mean, I certainly don't expect as much bassy type stuff as R&M and TNA, so I'm not seeing it being as major of an issue as it is on R&M, but it's ALWAYS needed. That's just basic acoustics. That air gets displaced and has to move somewhere and if it's not directed it's going to move things you don't want it to move.

Is that the purpose of this factory hole/tube in my Checkpoint? Makes sense, although the tiny woofer doesn't seem like it would need it

Screenshot_20211025-134613_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211025-134613_YouTube (resized).jpg
#570 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Adding a picture of where I keep getting ball stuck.
[quoted image]

Hmm well the rubber was broken on my UM in that spot when it arrived. I only had a clear Titan band laying around which was the next size smaller that I stretched onto the posts. Might try that as it might allow a little clearance.

20211015_151152 (resized).jpg20211015_151152 (resized).jpg
#595 2 years ago

#88 received Invoice

(500 shipping charge to AZ)

#597 2 years ago

If you decide to change the one post out I would do both outer posts, or the new angle would change the dynamics of the bounce back and drain easier off the PF.

#630 2 years ago

People thought the UM code was farther along, but HWN was the first to get the store and modes update

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Scrub the usb stick load the code again in it, insert it, restart the game?
When do I remove the card?

When it says update complete, shut it down and then remove the card.

#658 2 years ago

2 different cards.
Stuck here and shows this screen constantly.
Looks like constantly resetting itself.
[quoted image]

That screen loop means it bricked, sorry. Have to get Fawzma to re-image your pin. Same thing happened on Ultraman to some users.
You need to call, not email
Did you download the file to a Mac originally?

#660 2 years ago

No idea what that is.
Has this process been explained here?
I am trying to help a friend get it sorted out. It will be a weekend project it seems.
If anybody can steer me to the directions on how to re image the game, please do.

David Fawzma is the coder, works for Spooky. No the process has not been laid out here. Check your PM

#701 2 years ago

Update just bricked on our local machine

#711 2 years ago

Reimaged multiple times and redid code multiple times. Keeps bricking after update.

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hedge multiball and new speech.

'He's gonna get you!' So cool!

#759 2 years ago

The bricking is a user error. *snip*

This is completely wrong. You have no idea what you are talking about to make such a statement. There may be those out there who made a mistake during update, but to claim it is solely user error is a wrong assumption.

#762 2 years ago

Then how are some updating with no problems?

Not sure. I have updated Ultraman with no issue. But then had problems with Halloween doing the identical steps. Just reimaged Halloween 5 times last night trying to get the code update to work, just would not stick. Many others who are very well versed with updates went through the same.

Fawzma said he will have another image file today with the update. He could not solve it for some, including me. Others were able to solve it.

#766 2 years ago

I updated mine with no problems.

Also of importance- the Ultraman update was literally pulled down from the site for a week due to a bunch of machines bricking, even though my Ultraman and others, did not. So it is hit and miss for some reason.

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Could it have been a corrupted download…from the server or from your computer to the USB thumb drive? Have you tried a different thumb drive? Just trying to help and through out ideas. I had no problem with mine as well.

Yah we tried different usb sticks, even different links (website vs fawzma email link)
Thanks for the suggestions

#789 2 years ago

The bricking is a user error. Too many others updated successfully.
I'm liking the adjustments/additions to the rules in yesterday's update. There's a lot more going on with callouts and movie clips.

Hey look Rebelguitars, file taken down. Huh, that's weird.

Screenshot_20211101-153037_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211101-153037_Chrome (resized).jpg

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Backglass…for both. R&M was just a backglass, but Halloween is a backglass plus…not mirrored, but has a fine sparkle…really cool.

UM has the sparkle as well. Nice look

#988 2 years ago

#88 ready to go on truck today!

#995 2 years ago

I have been helping Brerspidur keep the list updated-
Tracking sheet
https://tinyurl.com/Halloween-tracking

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

How can you tell the code version? I’m running whatever version it shipped with, and I was going to update with the next code drop.

No blood store- v1.0
Has Blood store v1.01
Blood store plus knives on bottom of display v1.02

#1168 2 years ago

We are at a week since the Halloween code was taken down after bricking games, still down. Ultraman code was taken down for 10 days for the same thing, so maybe the wait is a little longer for hwn. Spooky- do you think the code will be put back up this week (1.02/ 1.03) ? My HWN will be here Wednesday so I will be super stoked to get the update! Just wondering the code ETA

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

What are the invoices up to at this point - every time I hear a number being shipped I feel like it’s lower than I thought it would be

#108 is the highest I have heard of so far.
List is current-
https://tinyurl.com/Halloween-tracking

#1198 2 years ago

The Shape has arrived!

Once again scheduled delivery for the afternoon and RL showed up at 9am lol. But I was ready this time...

20211110_093740 (resized).jpg20211110_093740 (resized).jpg
#1213 2 years ago

New clean ramp design now shipping with game, versus old design. Nice work spooky!

20211110_124139 (resized).jpg20211110_124139 (resized).jpg20211110_124218 (resized).jpg20211110_124218 (resized).jpg

#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's right. I guess I need to see it in person to "get it". That sure is a lot of money

Butter looks awesome, but honestly the decals are so glossy, I don't regret not getting it. You can see your hand in the decal reflection! So unless you want the bragging rights....

20211110_131017 (resized).jpg20211110_131017 (resized).jpg

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Received #83 yesterday for location. Kudos to team Spooky on another title, the butter cabinet is absolutely phenomenal (as always). The powder coating reminds me of JJP Smaug. I have to say though this was probably the most difficult NIB setup I have had so far (and really wasn't terrible, just frustrating).
All of the leg bolts had to be ratcheted out the whole way as they would always get hard to turn by hand, not sure if the brackets or the screws were not good. Upon putting the legs on I had one bolt that refused to go in, had to take the leg off and put the bolt in several time to kinda re-thread it. Obviously beyond Spooky's control.
Removing the foam from the pumpkin, the green wire had broken off the flasher bulb, so I had to trim the insulation and re-solder it back to the lug. This area really needs to have some protection from air balls, being exposed like that seems to be a recipe for disaster.
The lock down bar was actually locked on top of the glass on the left side. Super glad it didn't break in transit. I inspected the glass channels, sides and back. But the left side of the glass always hung an 1/8 of an inch lower than the right, keeping the lockdown bar from fitting correctly. Maybe the cabinet is not square? Or maybe the glass is odd. Took a sheet of glass off a Stern and put it in and it worked fine. Also, the glass from HW fit fine in the Stern as it goes up further away from the lockdown bar. That's a first.
The QC testers left a ball installed in the game. Caught me by surprise when raising the playfield.
And putting the playfield down is super difficult , feels like something is binding somewhere, hell if I could tell where though. Hate forcing it into place, but that what we had to do (having the casters on the back of the playfield is strange).
Really hope good things are planned for the code as there are a few very noticeable bugs and seems to have a long way to go... and will have to look into the modified ramp (it was not installed on our machine, fair amount of rejected shots). We shipped with 1.03 code. Can you guys ask Scott to make a techno Halloween song for the game to get it pumped up?
Overall, it's a good looker and a fun shooter.

The PF binding when lowering is probably due to the coinbox alignment rails being installed wrong so the service rail hits on top of the coinbox. I have talked with multiple owners with the same issue. Spooky told me I would have to remove the coinbox rail and slide to the right and rescrew it to be next to the blue box, so the coinbox can slide over to the right and clear the left service rail. My Hwn left service rail is tight against the coinbox, but clears. My UM was not so fortunate.

20211015_153010 (resized).jpg20211015_153010 (resized).jpg20211110_141551 (resized).jpg20211110_141551 (resized).jpg
#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Removing the foam from the pumpkin, the green wire had broken off the flasher bulb, so I had to trim the insulation and re-solder it back to the lug. This area really needs to have some protection from air balls, being exposed like that seems to be a recipe for disaster.

Yep, me too..

Both harness wires were snapped off mine as well.

#1223 2 years ago

Anyone else figure out how to remove the pumpkin? Doesn't seem to want to come off. I want to see if I can rotate the socket wires to the backside so they don't get smashed from scoop shots. Seems like it was assembled backwards

20211110_135702 (resized).jpg20211110_135702 (resized).jpg
#1232 2 years ago

I posted this in the IPS thread, but thought some of you might want to see. You've seen true level, well here is true black. I just finished my IPS monitor swap. Before and after pic.

Halloween is now my second favorite game, threatening LOTR for top spot, and if you know me, that is saying alot! I love this theme so much.

Playing it at home, in the quiet darkness, alone, is WAY better than playing it on location.

20211110_145855 (resized).jpg20211110_145855 (resized).jpg20211110_193027 (resized).jpg20211110_193027 (resized).jpg

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What are you settings on the original? Not saying the replacement doesn’t look better, just want to compare apples to apples.

Settings on original are factory/spooky settings.

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just a photo from my library of my settings.
[quoted image]

Another thing to note is I am taking my pictures from identical spots on identical screen images, *from up high*, in my post. Your image is from down low level with the monitor. If I got down low on the stock one it looks better. But us tall guys gotta rock the IPS to avoid the wash
(I'm 6'2")

Step into the player position, hit the start button, put the camera up to your eye, wait for the graphic lightning not to flash, and snap the pic. I am curious

#1248 2 years ago

I moved Halloween over by its brother

20211110_193804 (resized).jpg20211110_193804 (resized).jpg
#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have a serious problem with this…

Haha which is what?

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That you have BOTH Halloween AND Ultraman, and I had to pick only one, which is not ready from the factory. Serious problem!!

Well to be fair, I won UM in a raffle with an early spot. And then I traded my late HWN spot for an early HWN spot. So no favoritism goin on over here The only problem is choosing which one to play

20211110_151112 (resized).jpg20211110_151112 (resized).jpg
#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

If you could only keep one, which one would it be?

As it stands, a million percent Halloween.

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Are you a fan of both themes, or do you only have UM because you backed into one through the raffle?
I'm a fan of both themes and actually bought both, because I didn't know which I'd rather have. I thought they might pull a R&M and I didn't want to pay a premium after launch if I picked the "wrong" one for me. Little did I know I could pick up either/both for steep discounts.
Anyway, do you/did you have plans to keep both, or are you just riding them out to see which one you like better after they mature? Do you like HWN so much more because you're a fan of it and not UM, or are the games in that different of a place right now?
I know I won't be keeping both, but I figure I can play them both and see which one grabs me after they develop a bit. In the meantime, hopefully they'll rebound in price before I have to unload one.

The code seems pretty close although HWN is a little ahead of UM, implementation wise.

I am a huge movie HWN fan, and I had never even heard the name Ultraman before it was announced. Both cabs layout/artwork are stunning and perfect.
UM being super bright/campy/cheesy, not really my thing.
HWN theme/music/sounds being exactly my thing- and a dream theme.
I am waiting to see how UM code progresses.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Rules flowchart is up. Code is still 1.02. Maybe tomorrow…
https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

Lol@multiba
Great flowchart spooky!

#1289 2 years ago

That balcony drop target is so powerful! It has blasted the ball off the upper deck three times now down onto the main playfield, when it tries to immediately pop back up underneath the ball when the stairway ramp isn't qualified. It's like the movie's balcony fall re-creation

Also the slings on this are intense sometimes, it will ricochet back and forth between slings so many times and then come flying straight up at your face and smack the glass. You can't help but flinch. Talk about jump scares! Lol

#1298 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211112-112721_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211112-112721_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1300 2 years ago

Make sure you have a .050 Allen in your kit in case the topper arm is loose during shipping. Alot of Allen kits don't have that size.

20211110_114005 (resized).jpg20211110_114005 (resized).jpg
#1332 2 years ago
20211113_101533 (resized).jpg20211113_101533 (resized).jpg
#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

89 (standard cabinet) officially in the house and having a blast so far. Game really is a stunner in person. Initial issues out of box:
1. Topper - Motor sound when the hand is moving is so loud it practically drowns out the sound of the game. Is there an easy fix?
2. Middle Ramp- Way too many rejects, ball struggles to hit the top. Is game pitch too steep @ 7? Is there an option to increase flipper power on Spooky games?
3. Judith Myers ghost insert- Weird. Is this how it is on all games?
[quoted image]

Congrats on your arrival!

My Topper does not make this noise

Center ramp is fine on mine with a good shot from left flipper. Right is harder. I am at 6.5

Yes ghost insert is like that on all so far.

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I have just enough room to play with a friend!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great setup!

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Is there a setting for flipper power?

I dont think it's coded yet, didn't see it in 1.03 when I looked.

#1556 2 years ago

First HWN mod?

20211121_234722 (resized).jpg20211121_234722 (resized).jpg
#1559 2 years ago

HWN made it to the top100 this week, Debut at #49.
I am suprised at the artwork averaging 8.3, unless people knocked it down for the multiba.

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

I want that. Looks sick

Thanks! Problem is that it blocks shots for modes, would be impossible to finish certain modes if you don't know what to aim for. Would be alot of blind faith aim going on behind the sheets, and crazy balls flying out of nowhere lol. The ground would definitely need to be see through or half the width shown, and have shorter length sheets. or incorporate lights on the path hooked to the GI to identify shots.

#1586 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:I would normally agree, but 1.03 has been shipping on the new machines.

Spooky mentioned in one of these threads that both were about to have an update release.

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anyone know the exact dimensions of spooky's shipping box? Is it the same as stern (31x31x60)?

It is hard to get an accurate measurement, but I am seeing 32 5/8 x 30 1/2 ?

#1619 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1637130370064 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1637130370064 (resized).jpg
#1629 2 years ago

Added a nice color matched accessory from pinball life

20211129_222418 (resized).jpg20211129_222418 (resized).jpg20211129_222627 (resized).jpg20211129_222627 (resized).jpg
#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just had an airball near the scoop that took out a key piece of plastic which holds the fencing and pumpkin along the bottom and left side of the sanitarium. Sadly my game is unplayable until I can get a replacement piece. Emailed Spooky so I’m hoping they can ship out a replacement piece next week.
[quoted image]

I would desolder the pumpkin wires and tape em off, tuck the harness, and keep flippin till the parts show up. Loomis will be sure to let you know when it's lit

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Bug and I have been trying to figure out what is going on with my machine since day 1 of ownership: 2 balls are entering the trough on a regular basis now...
I am getting multiballs every single time after I drain my first ball. I centered the switch in the trough and did a trough switch test (it is registering properly) and and it is still happening. It used to only happen after I drain my first ball and yesterday it happened right when I start a new game as well. Quite frustrating - anyone have any other suggestions I should try? SpookyLuke

Any chance there was an extra rogue ball left in there during testing? Ball overage always causes multiball. Remove one and see if the issue continues, or if the ball search fires up.

#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I’ll take a look again. Thank you - Could of sworn last time I lifted the playfield I took out 7.

At the very least you can confirm the trough is working correctly if the ball search kicks on.

#1741 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

<snip>
I also had a ball locked on the secret skillshot and it didn't release after I drained. Ball search doesn't drop the target.<snip>.

Tilt to ensure the drop target releases properly on it's own and that it's not mechanical. Mine has been doing the same thing, it's a code bug as far as I can see.

#1743 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

The paper included with the game said 6.5 but I might push it to 7 as well. Seems like I would get that hang up less.

I am at 6.5 and do still occasionally require a slight shake for hangups in pumpkin and ball trough. Never had an issue up top, but I am usually nudging to bounce a slow roll off the post before it gets to the flipper drain.

#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yeah, I was trying to force myself into loving this one as it is a dream theme, but I just can’t get past the gameplay. Never really felt in danger with this game as almost all shots feed directly back to the flippers. My initial excitement has worn off and I’m moving on. Hoping my 78 can go to someone who will appreciate it more than I do. If i had unlimited funds and more room id keep it as it is a beautiful machine and the ultimate Halloween collectors item, but that’s not the case. Love and respect Spooky’s communication and passion and hoping they may have a game that fits my style down the road.

You wanna feel in danger? Restrict yourself to clearing the drops only using the right flipper. And only use the inverted ramp to get to sanitarium. That will wake you up real quick lol.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just got home from nyc - where is the code link download? don't see it on the website.

I see it there...?

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:I streamed the update today for close to 3 hours. They ironed out a lot of the bugs. There's some stuff here and there. I sent a detail report of the issues to bug. You'll hear me call them out on the vod too if yall want to watch it. It'll be up for 2 weeks. I made a recording as well. If there's interest I'm sure I could post it on Youtube or something.
Here's the link https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1225281504

Good job! How come you never set your skillshot?

#1812 2 years ago

Finally got mad that center ramp rejects kept happening on good shots, I pulled my playfield for a closer look. A good chunk of the playfield is not clearanced out to the proper hole size. I wonder how much of that accounts for rejects? Considering opening it up or at least taking down that sharp edge on the right. Is everyone else's golden?
I can see the wear marks on the right vertical side edge on the black paint so it must be trying to go over there. I have felt that the "left edge of the ramp" seemed to be more successful as well, but thought it was my imagination.
20211205_233651 (resized).jpg20211205_233651 (resized).jpg

#1841 2 years ago

SpookyLuke thoughts on ramp rejects due to the PF entrance being offset to the side?

20211205_233651 (resized).jpg20211205_233651 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211206-174551_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211206-174551_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yup. The targets are lit but they are pretty faint. Not sure if they can be brightened up or if that's just how they are, but it would be nice if they were much brighter.

Mine don't light anymore either. They used to.

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I can't find the flipper power settings for this game. I have other companies games and know my way around all my games. But am I missing something in the menu?

Not coded currently

#2028 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Got a game play question. If I shoot the center ramp it is very easy to make with both the right and left flippers when the diverter is set to the left ball path. When the diverter flips to the right (the house) the shot becomes far more difficult. I can only make that easily with the left flipper. Making that shot with the right flipper is almost impossible. Is this what the rest of you are experiencing?

With your diverter pointing to house, have you noticed that the shot usually makes it when it stays to the left side of the center ramp vs rejecting when it rolls up the right side of it?

1 week later
#2139 2 years ago

Got my new shooter plate and my blood. Almost a perfect match. Only one thing left to get bfore I install it...soon I hope?

Taking this picture, I noticed the clear coat is already worn off on the left side of the lockdown bar and has begun to dull on the right

20211223_221816 (resized).jpg20211223_221816 (resized).jpg20211223_221905 (resized).jpg20211223_221905 (resized).jpg20211223_222010 (resized).jpg20211223_222010 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2375 2 years ago

lpeters82 you mentioned the upper playfield slope- Would you say the upper play field should be parallel from left to right with the main playfield? Or how many degrees difference? What about front to back vs the main playfield? What is the design intention? That should help when setting proper ball movement.

#2376 2 years ago

I didn't get a chance to tear into yet but the RGB strip went out on the lowest strip behind the tombstone. Anyone locate the fuse for that yet?

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My lower is out right now. Why is the lower one going out?

I wonder if it has to do with the supply wire going around a sharp corner of plastic, and/or the joint bulging out towards the ramp shot? I see some scuffing on my black wire

20220109_092224 (resized).jpg20220109_092224 (resized).jpg20220109_092322 (resized).jpg20220109_092322 (resized).jpg

#2430 2 years ago

They told me my shooter(s) would ship two Mondays ago but I have not received it yet (#88)

#2446 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

No idea what number 1 at customer service means. If you build a good product you don’t need customer service. And every stern game I have bought came complete. Every time I had an issue with a stern in 1 day I had a replacement part sent by them. Never had stern send me an le and tell me it’s missing parts and will ship to me later but to get them later I should reach out and have patience because they have other customers.
You can sit here and say how great spooky is yes they are nice and yes they are responsive. That’s a minimum to be a decent company. Doing that doesn’t make them amazing it means they are doing their part …. You paid them for a product and for them to stand behind it. They do and so do plenty of other companies. If they didn’t they would be jjp….

I bought a NIB stranger things from a top distributor and it had a stripped out flipper. Stern never did send me another one per the dist request. The distributor told me they are very slow at sending stuff out. The dist finally sent me one from them, not Stern. Stern took 1 year to send me the UV kit to complete my game. 6 months to send the topper . So let's not make claims about complete games from other manufacturers. But I do agree that an email updating me regarding my "backorder CE shooterS" would give me warm and fuzzies. Same goes for stern who never updated me on anything. I have just given up on expecting that communication style from anyone, anywhere, long ago.

Why is everyone attacking llushka85? I didn't read anything unreasonable, he just said he thought he should not have to email, they should be emailing him updates instead on his backorder. That's his opinion on how to operate. Spooky has always encouraged feedback/duscussion. What's the big deal?

2 weeks later
#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:LOL, I'll wind up putting together a complete set at some point.
Need to get me a AMH and a TNA still.
Theres a local collector with a really nice HUO AMH I may offer to trade.
TNA I'll wind up with on a long enough timeline, but meanwhile I get to play it at Electric Bat whenever I go down there.
Was kind of holding off on TNA to see if you guys ever do another run of them.
I bid on the Jetsons in the Banning auction, but it went for a little more than I wanted to spend.

TNA not at EB anymore they moved it up to Flagstaff

#2978 2 years ago

I wonder how many rejects that "1-way" tongue hanging down causes. Been considering a different mech style to try out. Maybe a swing gate would be better as it would have no resistance? Or maybe adjust it outwards a little

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So the song don’t fear the reaper is coming to Halloween? I like the song but not sure how it fits in the game. Maybe in the new mode? Interesting.

It seemed to fit when Michael was driving behind them while they were listening to it

#3129 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Are they just standard flipper size? Trying to see if I can find out what size all the rubbers are to replace them to titan

2 standards and 2 minis. List from Spooky website-

hwn_um_rubbers (resized).pnghwn_um_rubbers (resized).png
#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceFury:

Has anyone with the early build numbers receive their knife shooter rod yet? I'm #108 and have not received it yet.

Yes, #88

#3197 2 years ago

If you don't want to go the bracket route you can turn the socket 180 and reinstall the pumpkin so it faces the player. You have to bend the ground tab up a little so it clears and rests against the main bracket when turning the socket around. Gives a clean look at the front.
20220206_002415 (resized).jpg20220206_002415 (resized).jpg20220206_002606 (resized).jpg20220206_002606 (resized).jpg20220206_002700 (resized).jpg20220206_002700 (resized).jpg

#3211 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anyone put the IPS screen upgrade in this game yet?
Just added to my R&M and major difference!!!
My game arrives tomorrow and wondering if the difference is that noticeable on this one?...thx

I did it due to all the darkness and being tall. Well worth it IMO. Original is shown with stock settings, could be made better by tweaking settings as shown by Dnapac's adjustments.

Original stock with factory settings:20211110_145855 (resized).jpg20211110_145855 (resized).jpg
dnapac stock with altered settings:
ed7df8a758321789e233e946fa4c3aa3d5a969d4 (resized).jpged7df8a758321789e233e946fa4c3aa3d5a969d4 (resized).jpg
My IPS with factory IPS settings:20211110_193027 (resized).jpg20211110_193027 (resized).jpg

#3213 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

How hard are these to install. I'm a noob lol

See the IPS thread, I did some write up info. Not hard, but the ribbon cables can be finnicky

#3225 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Where can I find dnapac stock with altered settings? Thanks

He is the op of this thread. He had said to drop the Brightness and increase the contrast to 100%.

#3345 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Mine had footprints on the inside of the black back cabinet when I lifted the play field for maintenance. Someone walked on the inside of mine hahaha, must have been a spooky ghost.

You may have got Michael's muddy footprints in yours, but I got his black sharpie heart to match his eyes. Crafted with spooky love
20220209_221209 (resized).jpg20220209_221209 (resized).jpg

#3352 2 years ago

Since I didnt see this double code rev talk posted in the HWN thread, posting here-

"1.06 and 1.07 definitely both have major features y'all have been asking for. Some for HWN, some for UM. For UM, I personally think 1.07 will be the more exciting of the two, but I'm sure everybody will have their own opinions. Sorry for the tease :p "

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Games are tested in the factory at 6.5 degrees, but I recorded a video this morning that provides a tour of the subway system. The one thing I failed to mention in the video is your left to right slope. If your game isn't level that could have a major effect on the gameplay, especially that right subway.

Great vid

#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Strategy wise: Is anyone loading that ball at the Judith grave at the start of every single ball? I feel like you could very easily maximize scoring and game time by basically turning into a six ball game with only three well placed shots. Or am I missing something? I havnt received my game yet so apologies if I’m not understanding this feature correctly.

Well everyone TRIES to load it there at least. You only get one chance as any scoring before locking it, turns the immediate lock off.

#3430 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ahhhh I see, so you have to nail it as skill shot. Now, does it cancel out if the ball hits the slings? And how hard is it to trap up from launch and then nail the shot?

If you have mastered drop catch, then cool. But if it touches those slings it's going somewhere you don't want it to, which equals points. I don't recall the slings counting as points.

1 week later
#3624 2 years ago

If staging was gonna be forced, then maybe staging for left hedge side. But not needed for right side as you have to pause to read the screen anyway. And pause when there is a roving shot to see where it is for a second.

#3627 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm not sure if I've EVER made the scoop on a direct shot. The only way it goes into the scoop is rebounding off something else, so I'm ALWAYS shooting for middle playfield to get to the scoop. It sucks, but this is the worst scoop I've ever seen.

I hit direct scoop shot from left alot. But much more reliable to backhand from trap on right.

#3646 2 years ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Ok! It's arrived, it's in the house, and I'm following the setup instructions. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to release the lockdown bar. It feels like the two tabs inside should be a release for it but they won't budge. What am I missing?

Pull up on each clip end.

#3720 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Silly question, what secures the topper on the base unit? It slides on the rod but I think I'm missing something to secure it.
[quoted image]

.050 setscrew in this hole

Screenshot_20220226-194843_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220226-194843_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3724 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Isn't the new music that was unveiled in 1.06 part of rob zombies halloween?

Peep the radio music. It was also on Rob Zombie's Halloween soundtrack

#3748 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

There's one about 20 minutes away. I'll check that out! Thanks

It's probably a 4-40 grub setscrew as those typically use a .050 Allen bit. Did you measure the diameter?

#3818 2 years ago

For owners still waiting- I didn't see this review posted yet that I just came across done by Steve-O. Probably my favorite so far and features 1.05 code and has the multiba light fix.

#3876 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Same thing for me after it said the update was successful.

That's how it is after brick. Update successful and then gets stuck in loop when rebooting.

Fawzma has a 1.05 image file link he will send you and unlike spooky, he NEVER sleeps or takes a day off! A beast.

#3884 2 years ago

Start a game and get into the modes list, you will forget all about the header typo in the menu
*Edit* bummer they sent the wrong link. Should be fixed soon

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

What damn size is this I've bought like 2 sets for wrenches and nothing fit lol what does everyone else use lol
[quoted image]

I would remove the rubber oring and use a 1/4" deep socket. Will have to move the ramp a little to do the left side.

#3908 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It appears that the code says 1.05 but is 1.06 unless I just haven't seen or reached these modes before. The Sanitarium mode shows the patients walking around in the yard and I see the pumpkin mode as an option but is 'Not Ready'. Is this not 1.06?

I believe you need to play a few modes before the pumpkin mode is "ready"

#3912 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I have successfully downloaded the update that is supposed to be version 1.06. I'm assuming I have the correct file as it is 563mb in size.
Update was applied successfully but menu system still indicates version 1.05.
And the Michael Creep issue HAS NOT been fixed. I am really not happy.

I believe this is a hardware related issue not a code issue. I have never had the issue on HWN and have played all code updates since the first one. On my Ultraman I recently noticed the middle "Michael" has turned into Too Much Coffee Man and is super glitchy in place, especially when you smack the cabinet, it wakes him up and he glitches in
place. Haven't resolved it yet.

#3940 2 years ago

Dropping this here for reference
V1.06 06/MAR/2022

ADDITION Jack-O-Lantern MB *complete death in driver seat to start, all incidentals will need to be completed in release version
ADDITION replay system now in place
ADDITION extraball lights when 2nd selectable mode is completed
ADDITION highscores can be reset through the utilities menu, hold start for 4 seconds while on the option
UPDATE starting with updates greater than 1.06 will no longer go into a boot loop if update did not go accordingly
UPDATE stalker mode scores for other players needed to be removed
UPDATE hedge mike reveal chant was playing even when he wasn’t being revealed
UPDATE mode progress lights were not being displayed properly
UPDATE asylum mb looping animation changed
UPDATE house mb drops ball first then launches the remaining balls
UPDATE asylum show the score awarded with mb starts
UPDATE mid playfield drop target if reset for some reason while in MB, the drop target would not stay down
UPDATE mid playfield drop target/scoop handled better when ball search kicks off
UPDATE subway ejects now using 2 gi flashers on lower playfield
UPDATE orbit resets for side modes took to many shots to reset
UPDATE removed installed balls option from menu system
UPDATE removed extra ballsave check from trough as it wasn’t required
UPDATE captive ball drop target knockdown added to ball start routine if it was up for some reason
UPDATE Hedge super/jackpot values multiplied by number of balls in play
UPDATE Asylum light shows no longer block lit shot lights
UPDATE Bob & Lynda you can skip the nail filing scene with both flippers
UPDATE Escape The Kitchen mode ending was causing a problem with removing a graphic that was already removed
UPDATE mode selecting will phantom flip the lower right flipper before ejecting. Once per player per game.
UPDATE extraball purchase from blood store moved to right scoop
UPDATE mode select is available while Smiths Grove is started but mb is still not ready
UPDATE when Smiths Grove is waiting on MB start, spinners added to ignore list
UPDATE selectable modes no longer auto start while in MB, you must have one started before a modes MB starts
UPDATE removed 0 from player/ball value
UPDATE bob and lynda mode internal error when mode would end
UPDATE ball save could double trigger sfx
UPDATE House center ramp would stay lit when it shouldn’t be
UPDATE mode select lights would overlap other modes if a mode was not selectable
UPDATE draining all balls in a MB and no ball saves would run drain logic but ignored the one ball remaining logic
UPDATE search was allowing points to be scored
UPDATE right lifter fixes

#3973 2 years ago

jeffro01 A few codes back I could not get the update code to take despite reimaging multiple times and trying over and over. This was all out of the blue with the same process/hardware. On the 3rd attempt I reimaged, but this time I ran the update, left the USB installed and rebooted and ran the update again, then shutdown and removed the USB. It worked. It was something I found in the R&M update Readme file. Try it and see if it works for you

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

That may be. But it seems like it's too early

Code Readme said- UPDATE mode selecting will phantom flip the lower right flipper before ejecting.

#4162 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220311-134731_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220311-134731_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4222 2 years ago

#414 options email went out on 3/9.

#4224 2 years ago

340 to 345 all received their pins in the last week or so

#4314 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

#359 received the butter email yesterday. Chose to move back in-line while working on gameroom remodel. Spooky was very accommodating.

You should trade with an anxious later number

#4319 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Going to play one on location tonight. What are some basics I should know for mode starts/mb....?

Hit the 3 drops and head to the pumpkin scoop for modes.

Easiest MB is all 3 hedge shots or the middle playfield shot etc.

#4380 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Good morning!
Frequent readers here may recall my posts about the Michael "creep" issue I've been dealing with. Although the latest code revision addresses this issue somewhat (by resetting the Michael servo when the associated blood target is hit), I was still having problems with the servos receiving longer signal pulses resulting in them jumping out quite a bit and not resetting. In fact, my Michaels were being driven into the hedges so much, earlier this week I had a servo fail and stop working completely.
Well, I believe I have fixed the issue, at least on my machine. At my own expense, I replaced all three of the Michael servos with alternate versions (amazon.com link »). These new servos have similar specs to the originals but have metal gearing instead of the nylon gears found in the original servos. The new servos no longer jump out like the previous ones did. I still see a lot of the code corrections kicking in when I hit one of the blood targets below a servo, but the servos are no longer jumping out and eventually being driven into the hedges.
As an aside, these servos are dark in color, not the blue of the original servos. So I took the extra time of enclosing the servo wiring in split loom to make them less noticeable. I definitely like the darker colors along the left side of the machine now. And it looks much better.
[quoted image]

Good job, should change it to dark green split loom maybe?
https://www.amazon.com/Colored-Split-Wire-Loom-Diameter/dp/B079TGL36M/ref=mp_s_a_1_7_sspa

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Spooky just notified the 350-400 group i believe, I believe anything else is distros and has nothing to do with Spooky
?

He is with spooky, he has my old original number.

#4494 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

More like unknown amount of time to wait; thats the biggest thing.

Sounds like they haven't stopped invoicing, already up to #500. Probably subbing it all up for a massive shipment when the missing items show up.

#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm slowly reducing the rejects on my ramp. I'm probably around 60% right now. I've lowered the pitch. I've adjusted the diverter. I found that there were two wires hanging down near the top of the ramp and were sometimes obstructing the ball. I feel like I need to lower the drops a very small amount. However; the wing nut is super tight. Is this something I shouldn't be messing with?
Also, if I make the picture of the game too low it actually seems to reject more. I guess it's bouncing around too much?
I really enjoy this game. But I need to fix the ramp. The rejects make it frustrating. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I was looking at the angle of the tops of the drops the other day, not being parallel to the pf. Seems like a possible speed bump

20211207_233146 (resized).jpg20211207_233146 (resized).jpg
#4544 2 years ago

Can't believe Halloween didn't win for best art at least
But best topper hell yah!

#4574 2 years ago

Oh that is the IJ scoop p/n behind the center drop targets

1 week later
#4819 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Still waiting for Nitro to send me my invoice for 481

481 was purchased through Spooky, by me originally. Nitro has nothing to do with it unless it was sold back to them eventually? Check your spam folder for a morgan/spooky email

#4915 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

OK, just figured out the issue I am having with "Death in the Drivers Seat."
There are two switches in that outer orbit, one on the right side under the sanitarium playfield (SW37), and one on the left under the left ramp (SW48). In order for a right orbit shot to register during Death in the Drivers Seat, SW37 has to trigger followed by a trigger of SW48. And vice versa, for a left orbit short to register, SW48 has to fire followed by SW37.
In my case, its the left orbit switch (SW48) that is failing to register intermittently. I was able to confirm this during switch testing. If the ball is moving fast enough through that orbit, it hugs the outside guide wall all the way around and bypasses the left orbit switch completely.
Looking at the switch, it appears it is too close to the inside guide wall, resulting in that switch getting missed during those high-speed orbits. Worse, I don't see any way to make any adjustments to that switch or that guide wall in order to force the ball to actuate the switch every time it flies past.
What can I do?
[quoted image]

I have the same problem, gotta be that left switch when the ball comes in hot from the right orbit. Was considering MRS.
Judging from the replacement PF pics, many other people have the same problem and haven't noticed yet. And it's a hard shot to make
Screenshot_20220318-071529_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220318-071529_Chrome (resized).jpg

#4935 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Almost done. All painted, LEDs added and wired up. Here is a dry run with it just taped on the lane cover. I will likely re-create the 'trick or treat' sticker in 3D, either on my CNC out of wood or on my resin printer. Still some design work to do there.
I was going to try a flashing LED approach but the ball isn't typically in the lane long enough to see the flashing so here we are with just an on/off approach.
I am not sure how a shared video link works with Google and Pinside but I will try it here. If there is a recommended way to upload this let me know.
Hope you like it!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gDQ3X368ecnZM6s18[quoted image]

I want one of these, I spend lots of time in the shooter lane!

#5016 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Complete mode 2. Bob and Linda

Since the left ramp shot ends the mode, you will be starring down at the left flipper trying not to miss the ball return when "it" happens. My suggestion was to make the ending be the balcony when the ball stops and you look up. The left ramp hits can happen instead before you proceed to the balcony or not even include the left ramp shot anyway- The balcony can be hard enough sometimes.

#5103 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:Interesting. Sounds like some earlier owners are faring well on the powdercoat.

#88 here, I can see the clear is gone under direct light that I centered over the palm print, dull at the corners where flat palm rest. Might be a smidge darker now. Low plays.
Screenshot_20220418-190432_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220418-190432_Gallery (resized).jpg

#5115 2 years ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Trying to diagnose my topper motor not working (lights are good), can someone with a working topper please post a pic of their power distribution board in the right rear of the cab? Checking to see if mine is punched correctly, thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

Also check the connection at the back where the topper connects to the harness.

Just to confirm, you turned the topper on in the menu and nothing happens?

Screenshot_20220419-113054_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220419-113054_Gallery (resized).jpg

#5202 2 years ago

I am at a freaking loss right now. My hand with knife for the topper fell off. I have used 1/16”, 5/24”, 3/32”, 1.5mm, and 2mm Allen wrenches to tighten the two screws down that hold it in place.
None work and can’t tighten the damn thing down. Outside of using some obscure size, I am at a loss.
[quoted image]

It's. 050 and only 1 setscrew holds it to the shaft.

20211110_114005 (resized).jpg20211110_114005 (resized).jpg
#5208 2 years ago

Well found the problem with my knife and probably why it came off. The knife is getting hitting the mounting plate. The chrome on the knife is rubbed off.
No matter how I adjust it it still hits it. Is the knife supposed to be loose? The nut that goes onto the screw that goes through the hand that was on it was loose and I couldn’t tighten it down.
Here is a video of the problem. Sorry quality sucks but YouTube makes short videos low res apparently.

The nut is loose on the bolt that goes through the hand so it can freely hang as the motor turns. Yes the chrome rubs off as the knife drags on the opening as it goes past bottom stroke.

#5296 2 years ago

Because Michael owns a monkey named bubbles, everyone knows that.

#5305 2 years ago

I have not seen the movies and and my daughters boyfriend loves Halloween and did not know that. Could do without the smart ass comment btw. Not everyone knows that btw.

Lol, wow so defensive! I wasn't being a smart-ass, I was being facetious and playing with the name Michael (Jackson), who owned a famous monkey named bubbles in the 80's.

#5415 1 year ago

My R&M standard is showing the same wear on the armor, barely has 700 plays. So it's not just the gold p/c. Right where my thumb rests so I can attack the anti-gravity button

20220426_103309 (resized).jpg20220426_103309 (resized).jpg

#5431 1 year ago

Our local location did great, big earnings, used it in the tourney weekly and it worked perfect. But a node burnt out and nobody has any in stock

#5439 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Can someone please answer
My middle playfield flipper is always flipping along with lower left. Never off.
Upper playfield flipper comes on certain modes using right flipper.
Correct?

Correct. Can't answer your second question as I haven't had any flap trouble on either of mine

#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Has this clear coat issue been seen at all on Ultraman? I lurk in here because its much more active but have not seen any reports of similar on Ultraman games.

Ultraman is not the vein powdercoat though. My Um is fine being the smooth blue. I am guessing that is why 99% of the RM are fine as they are all the smooth purple.

#5527 1 year ago

Well I posted a poll asking if anyone is having issues or not with the gold powder coat. Looks like it’s been deleted. Guess some moderator is a big fan boy and can’t point out anything negative.
What a bunch of crap. I love the game but the gold vein powder coat is a big issue and I wanted to get an idea how widespread it is or not. I didn’t bash spooky at all in that poll. Thanks for the censorship because you didn’t like the truth.

It's still there in the Manufacturer/Spooky forum. Now you have to apologize to the mods
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gold-powder-coat-issues-with-halloween-ce

#5647 1 year ago
Quoted from Mkvgti:

Are we going to glaze over this fire hazard? Or is it a rare instance most owners currently haven't experienced?

I had a Stern emit smoke when a pop coil locked on solid and then fried itself. Not a Spooky only thing and so far haven't experienced it with any of my 3 Spooky's.

#5784 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Enjoy some less-TMI cards! DropBox folder link attached.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pu34poo2xf58p35/AAC9ZxHHXom8Dgc2ox5Nm9oKa?dl=0
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are all sweet, but my feedback is that none of them should have the title "Halloween" on them, especially not on both, as it is overkill and the word Halloween is already in between the cards as well on the apron in big letters

#5788 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Anybody have the air ball protector break on them? I’m not sure if that’s the official name but it’s the clear plastic above the three center drop targets. On the right side mine cracked off at both bolt spots.
[quoted image]

Yes, see this
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/93#post-6861024

1 week later
#5929 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Can anyone tell me the rules of the Judith Meyers drop-down target and when it should reset?
On my machine, it never seems to reset. I can use the coil tests all day long to drop and reset the target manually but it never seems to reset during game play.

Should take 5 hits before it raises to lock it. It only instantly locks on the first hit during skillshot. Pull the glass and check it.

#5950 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everybody! 1.07 is live for both games. I got a tutorial on youtube for everyone who wants to see.
The primary focus of this update was the wizard mode. So we decided to put an option in the game menu to select the wizard mode so every can play it! Just go to standard settings - wizard play - boogeyman. And you'll be playing it on the very next game you start! Enjoy.

Wizard mode starts just after 27:00
Great addition spooky!

#6047 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Done plenty of updates so not sure why I'm confused lol. Is the file with the .pkg extension what I'm using or does that still need to be extracted? If so what are you using to extract that .pkg file
Thanks

The file you downloaded is ready to go, nothing to extract. Make sure the file name of the .pkg file remains the same once placed on the USB, when you go to hit 'eject' on your USB stick.

#6130 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I rated it pretty honestly and it gave a 7.6. I figured that would be too 100 worthy, but Yikes! I didn't realize how inflated the pinside ratings have become. It looks like the Top 100 are all 7.8 and above.

With all the latest releases in the last few years I think the time has come for additional top100SS and top100new-age spin off tabs. Similar to the top100EM tab pinside already has. 3 different eras that can't really be compared to each other rating wise IMO.

#6134 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m surprised I haven’t seen a mod for this yet so now I’m just going to ask for it as I’m not creative at all.
This house “art” doesn’t tie in at all with the game. It’s straight out of a children’s book. I mean giant candle sticks? I’m waiting for Amelia Bedelia to walk in.
Any thoughts on mods? Take my money haha
[quoted image]

Actually it's eerily similar.....
I was considering changing my led lights in that area to warm white as it seems more fitting than cool white for that era/scene

Screenshot_20220521-143052_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-143052_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201518_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201518_YouTube (resized).jpg
#6144 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

What am I looking at in these pics? What are you Saying bc it isn’t Halloween 78 and if not what’s the point? Sorry not following

What I was saying was, it is Halloween 78. It's the Doyle residence, where the couch attack happened- in front of the massive candelabra. You should watch the movie again
Screenshot_20220521-201014_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201014_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201518_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201518_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-202942_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-202942_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-202021_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-202021_Chrome (resized).jpg

#6184 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Can someone tell me how to properly secure this topper blade or post a photo so I can see it? I have these attachments but I'm not sure of the proper placement. (Tried to look it up but couldn't find the directions).
Much appreciated.
[quoted image]

Slide knife into slot in top of backbox and slide the black disc onto the topper shaft and tighten to the flat spot on the topper shaft using a .050 Allen wrench. The other parts shown are just backups for playfield items.

1 week later
#6353 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Ok I just spent about 4 hours investigating the smoked coil. Can someone flip up their pf and check the molex male to male z connector (located in between the 3-drop target assembly and the upper PFs) shown in my picture? Coming from the driver board (top of the a connector in my pic) yellow/green wire is 4th from right, and yellow/black is 5th from right. On the bottom of the z connector (going to coils) my machine it looks like the two wires are flipped (yellow/green is now 5th from right, and yellow/black is 4th). It looks like the hold line was crossed with the power line. If someone could check theirs to confirm (or disprove). Thanks!!! lpeters82 [quoted image]

Looks like all the colors line up on mine

20220530_231910 (resized).jpg20220530_231910 (resized).jpg
#6411 1 year ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

I probably missed it, but does anyone know the size of the allen key to secure the topper to the shaft?

1 week later
#6688 1 year ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

Completely agree within everything you are saying...
I actually ordered Ultraman way back when it was first announced because, while I thematically prefer Halloween, I was not convinced Spooky would be able to do the movie justice. To try "Horror" with pinball is nearly impossible and I commend Spooky for trying to give it a shot.
I recently decided to buy Halloween after playing the "Aliens" table on Pinball FX3.
If you want to experience the best "Horror" pinball experience, I suggest giving it a shot.
(Although, it is virtual pin, everything that makes it exceptional could be translated to a real pin. And yes, it is more Sci-fi than horror, but it has an element of suspense that I have yet to experience on any other pin.)
Horror is an extremely difficult genre to successfully translate into any "game" format.
Horror story telling almost HAS to be linear in delivery because every time an element in horror storytelling is repeated it diminishes the experience, (because you know what will happen). This is a huge disadvantage when trying to develop a horror movie into a pinball where elements are continuously repeated.
It means those elements MUST BE FLAWLESS IN DELIVERY to maximize the impact.
Horror (or fear) is also a very basic emotional/ instinctual response, so if an element is conveyed without any emotional attachment (in the case of the "UnPleaseance" voice) it completely kills the perception of fear. If you watch the Halloween films, you will notice that, regardless of the words he is saying, there is almost always a "desperation" in Donald Pleasence's voice. He is always trying to convince (or save) people but is unfortunately always one step behind. There is absolutely no "desperation" or "fear" in the "UnPleaseance" voice in the pinball machine, which translates to the player's subconsciousness that there is no element of fear present. Roger Ebert said this of the film; "a visceral experience—we aren't seeing the movie, we're having it happen to us.
Because the dominant audio element in the game is the "UnPleaseance" voice, it is constantly reminding the player that there is nothing to fear, even though the music, art and video display are doing everything possible to convey the opposite. This critical flaw in the game completely destroys the entire experience, because the experience is "supposed" to be fear. Although I guess one could argue that it is a pinball, so it is just supposed to be fun...but then why use a Horror movie as the subject matter?
In terms of subject matter, Halloween is a 100% serious horror film. There are no one liners, no comedic relief elements, nothing "unbelievable" (monsters, aliens etc.), nothing purposely cheesy. Any "bad" elements are due to budget, acting ability, amateur filmmaking skills etc. However, there was NEVER any intention other than to make a very serious horror film. And it did that exceptionally well for the time. I could be wrong, but I believe it was the most successful independent (and most profitable) film made at the time. I really think Spooky set out to translate that seriousness into a pinball machine and they ALMOST did it.
I implore Spooky to release an alternative code update that removes the "UnPleaseance", (or all) voices. It should take hardly any work to remove the audio. Or give the players the option to turn them off. Let players try it with just the sounds and music. It is a quiet film, why not make it a quiet game? This game deserves to be the best that it can be.
As a former Horror movie buff that has seen literally thousands of 60's-90's horror films and as a former professional audio engineer, sound designer and musician of 14 years, this is a perfect case for; "Less is more".

This post is interesting to me as I feel like everyone has been screaming for callouts from day one and now you are requesting the exact opposite to the extreme. I like the pleasance callouts and trust that the amounts and timing on these will flesh out in the end by the people who have pulled more plunger on HWN than everyone here combined. If anyone is tired of any aspects on this game, I think it would be them at this point. On a related note, I have been requesting lots of simple Michael breathing, which did make it into the game for just a few seconds, but should be more IMO, even if randomly.

I wouldn't mind trying a non call out menu option, but seems like it would be rather bland.

#6701 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s something that’s unbelievable (and silly) about Halloween. How does Michael know how to drive a car if he’s been in an asylum since he was 6 years old?

I've been "driving" cars and etc since I was 4. Bigwheels, bicycles, little motorized vehicles. He may be lacking the rules of the road knowledge, but I think knowing how to start and step on the gas would have easily been gleaned from the Dad or watching Mom, as well as movies/tv. I know all my boys knew of such things as of 5 or 6yrs old.

3 weeks later
#7139 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Getting this when I try and unzip files:
“code_H78.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Suggestions

Nothing to unzip. Just download the file and drag it on the USB drive. Check the file name when done.

2 weeks later
#7482 1 year ago

My entire middle playfield GI is still out. Since the wiring diagram has not been released and the lights are in a series, I'll start it off-
Lower LED strip, then sanitarium wheels, then sanitarium drop target light. What is upstream of that, the right side sanitarium exit light? Anything after that? The wiring goes into the outer orbit at that point and I can't really trace anymore easily without tearing out the middle playfield.

#7600 1 year ago
Quoted from DougB42:

Same observation here with the start button not working sometimes after going into the menu.

I reported this back in 1.03 code, happened during store menu.

2 weeks later
#8078 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Any big news from this? Will it be posted anywhere other than fb?

As for halloween- still being on track to finish them up by end of year.
-New expert mode coming regarding young Michael and the tombstone area

*Edited per post-video spooky statement posted after my post*----Eric may or may not pitch in to help with Hwn code, including but not limited to, any of the other coding team, whether considered "new" or "old" members of said coding team, in the future or present time, but Eric is working on coding a new game as we speak for sure.
--fawzma continuing full time on HWN

Other spooky statements/info regarding other spooky stuff which may or may not be inferred or disputed-
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/all-the-spooky-pinball-news-that-s-fit-to-print

#8080 1 year ago

I didn’t hear them say Eric was working on HWN code.

Watch it again. 3:00. Talked about new coders helping with hwn and then said some of them are 'old programmers'. Then bug said "speaking of which, Eric just got here and is in the other building coding on a new game" etc.

2 weeks later
#8596 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

No idea….no feedback from owners or Spooky. I thought in past posts buried that POSSIBLY Fawzma sent them a password or instructions to reboot.

Fawzma sends a re-image full install link, instead of just a code update.

1 month later
#9673 1 year ago

Bug alert- Two hwn pins I have seen now where the magnet activates at upper left to grab ball but then doesn't release the ball from that hold until the ball search kicks in.

#9902 1 year ago

I spotted Gottlieb's grandson playing Halloween in the tournament today. Nice to see everyone enjoying it at yet another new hwn location/tourney. Good times Spooky!

20221008_144456 (resized).jpg20221008_144456 (resized).jpg

#9908 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im in Mesa, where was that tourney?

Starfighters monthly weekend tournament in East Mesa. Almost 80 players this time.
https://facebook.com/events/s/starfighters-arcade-monthly-pi/1561278150956945/

1 week later
#10351 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interesting, why would a player attempt that skill shot or shoot the lock 5 times to lock in a multiplayer game if they could not benefit from it when their ball drains? Hardly seems worth the bother. Detrimental even.

Maybe that would be the point. During middle of play, accidental ball in the grave= dead ball and you just accidentally helped the next player. Although skill shot for it would have to grab then unlock, or give back at the end of your ball since you did it on purpose in that scenario.

1 week later
#10691 1 year ago

Happy Halloween guys!

-When you have everything ready except a code drop

Screenshot_20221031_062833 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221031_062833 (resized).jpg
#10830 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

B+
You think the A+ cabinet art really matches that of anything on the playfield/plastics?

Curious if you have rated any other pin art overall with an A?

#10971 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Cross post from UM thread, maybe you'll have an answer:
It happened again . I'm having a blast with UM but every day or so a ball goes up the center ramp and disappears completely. Every time I can pull PF to service position and it's inside the cutouts for the uppers. I have to be missing a gap back there but can't find any info on this or HW threads.
Below is a pick with the ball still trapped in there. Please if anyone has any ideas I'd be game to try it our. I'll reach out to Spooky next week, but this seems like a minor adjustment to me.
[quoted image]

There were some posts in here regarding people missing the guard on the sides of their ramps. I did a search but couldn't find a good pic. Saw this one of the escape route

Screenshot_20221106_150442 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221106_150442 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#11826 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

And here I sit, with the update loaded on my laptop, but for a lack of a USB drive I can't load it. Do I brave the holiday crowds to buy one? Ugh the struggle is real as I still play 1.08, not even 1.08a!

I bought one at Walgreens before, no holiday crowd there

#11834 1 year ago

Some thoughts on 1.09

-Counting Bodies mode- "hit the green!" Except the entire upper half of main playfield turns green and it's hard to notice the matching green blood drops blinking green on each side of left ramp. Almost invisible.

-When Loomis shouts "the sanitarium is lit!" ....why not have the led strip only above where the sanitarium is... be lit? All white - flickering like lightning to replicate the rainy scene. Turn off the rest of the strip and the lower strip. Plus that would draw the players attention back to that area in case they miss and drain, they would want to go back up there. Flickering also adds a little more difficulty to that shot and gives it a little chaos like the movie scene. Could even have the rest of the led strip and the lower led keep going in the various light colors/modes etc but keep the sanitarium area in lightning mode while sanitarium is active or at least while it's "lit".

- pleeeeease change it to read on the screen "hit the flipper to begin" after selecting a mode before it immediately chucks the ball out of the subway. I select the mode, but then no time to even look back up and read the small letter new instructions or look at anything on the screen or catch my wits to figure out what I am supposed to do before the ball is sailing down to the drain. Maybe 'Hit the flipper to begin' with a 10 second default subway launch time or something would be awesome IMO. Don't want to mindlessly start flipping and then try to figure out what I am supposed to do afterwards. Hit flipper prompt would only be right after mode selection.

-Multiball started for no reason once.

Really like the music on the mode selection, and the different sounds from left to right flipper when scrolling! Love all the details going into it spooky

#11980 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I can lose 3 balls on Cactus Canyon before Halloween finishes booting. Thats turning all the machines at the same time.

It is bad enough that my partner came to tell me there was something wrong with Halloween after she turned it on. I went to investigate but nope, just still loading.

#11994 1 year ago

When Jack O Lantern Multiball/dont fear the reaper is going, judith myers murder audio should not get activated when balls fly into the lock area. Really wrecks that moment

#12024 1 year ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Would someone be kind enough to maybe upload some video of the new code update or PM me some videos? I'm on the fence on installing it since it seems like a new update might be just around the corner to fix some of the items in the new update.

Here's some from a FB live video
https://fb.watch/hpQx1ncl3m/?mibextid=RUbZ1f

#12104 1 year ago

How does Stalker mode determine where you are physically located if you release the locked ball after starting Stalker and start playing with 2? Maybe you should disable the drop down from allowing locked ball drop when Stalker starts

#12218 1 year ago

That is how it is designed. The speaker panel basically locks the backglass in place.

Mine is reverse, can't get the speaker panel open without somehow lifting the glass first. Same thing when closing the speaker panel. My Ultraman works perfect.

1 week later
#12295 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

My drop targets are doing the same thing. Where and what springs did you specifically order as replacements? Thanks

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-drop-target-spring.html

#12324 1 year ago

Both my ultraman and halloween have gotten to the point where they will barely shoot the ball around the orbit. Worked fine out of the box initially. Haven't sorted it out yet, hopefully mess with it this week, drives me crazy.

3 weeks later
#12577 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230201_133326_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_133326_Chrome (resized).jpg
#12668 1 year ago

<snip>but the larger problem is the shorter rod. A 1/4" in length makes all the difference. Hopefully it was corrected later on. I was an early recipient of the knife shooter. Mine is also hollow. Not sure it the later ones were.

What's this? A 1/4" shorter you say? I was one of the first to get both my Halloween and ultraman custom shooters and both have a super weak shot now, that has gotten worse over time. I wonder if those springs 'broke in', the rubber tip flattened out, combined with a shorter rod to make it worse. I have shots that dribble back down the right orbit. I have slid the playfields back and forth to every position imagineable and while I noticed a slight difference depending on what I chose, none of them solved the issues I am having.

I noticed on my LOTR the rod tip sticks out past the auto launch a good 1/4". Hwn/um looks to be flush at this point and when pushing it in and compressing the external spring, it still barely protrudes past the bracket. I should throw the originals back on and see.

lotr:
Screenshot_20230205_191338_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230205_191338_Messenger (resized).jpg
Hwn:
Screenshot_20230205_191408_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230205_191408_Messenger (resized).jpg

1 week later
#12711 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What were the differences between the standard and ce?

Pinside_forum_6373736_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6373736_0 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12843 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Right now one of the two planned wizard modes is in the game. Boogieman is a seven ball wizard mode for completing a super jackpot in each of the three multiballs. That's in the game now. There is also what some might consider a mini-wizard mode in Don't Fear The Reaper Multiball; which is don't by starting modes (pending on your setting). There will also be another wizard mode added for completing the eyes (2), nose (1), and mouth (3) of the jack-o-lantern inserts, 6-modes total.
Others have already given you great advise about the center ramp. It's likely the drop target being set to high or two low or the diverter not being in great position. The previous update added some fine tuning options for the diverter in the menu. I suppose it's possible the ramp is damaged, or bent incorrectly, but that seems much less likely. Feel free to give [email protected] an email if you require any assistance.

Is it Boogeyman or Boogieman? All the movies seem to have the 'Y' spelling.
'Boogie' always felt like a spelling related to dancing

boogie-skelly (resized).pngboogie-skelly (resized).png
1 week later
#12950 1 year ago

Got a few games in on 1.10

-Started bob/linda. Was playing and 5 seconds later another ball was auto launched for no reason.
-When draining and Loomis end speech starts, if you double flipper button to skip to the new ball, the new Loomis speech starts which overlaps on top of the previous speech.
-Pumpkin carving noise kept playing when draining and Loomis end speech starts on top of it.
-The loomis speech "Michael Myers is in hell!" is super lower than the rest of his callouts which seems like it should be the opposite?
-Hit dirty pool standup and then ricochet, but then shot back up through dirty pool shot hole and then a new ball launched for no reason.
-Was in Laurie Slashes Back mode and hit left standup at left ramp and heard knocker fire once with a weak hit. Not sure what replay default was, I was still below 30mil

Wishlist-
-allow freeplay to stay enabled through code updates
-Was diverter adjustment removed?
-Still requesting a skippable ball hold after pumpkin menu selection, until mode instructions appear on screen and mission rules are established by player.
-When shooting the pumpkin to panic restart a multiball, there are no balls on the field and a new ball launches normally which you are watching fire around the orbit screaming half way down the playfield, as the one you left in the pumpkin slips quietly away into the drain out of sight, ending your newly restarted multiball that you haven't even touched yet. ~5 second ball save for that scenario please?

I love this pin!

#12952 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hmm. Updated code and seemed fine but i cant start a game and Start button is no longer lit?
Thoughts?

Freeplay is now disabled! Have to turn it back on

1 month later
#13717 1 year ago

They forgot to install the blind nut, I had one like that. Hit them up and they will send it out

#13738 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I heard that has some tight shots, I need to buy one

Yes you do need to buy one and yes the shots are tight, but its worth the fight! Love mine. It's one of pinballs best kept secrets and the price still reflects it (for now)

1 month later
#14069 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Haven’t played my Halloween in months so updated it and played a game . Good news is my ghost skill shot missed is gone. Bad news ball got stuck again! I don’t even know where that black thing came from . Something always wrong and also my pumpkin doesn’t light up too
[quoted image]
does anyone know what that black thing is from?

Maybe it is a piece of foam from your outlane which was attached to the apron to keep the ball from getting stuck on the tab. I don't think all machines had this

Screenshot_20230515_124128_Message+ (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230515_124128_Message+ (resized).jpg

#14074 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Not all the way up there on the upper PF, it's most likely off the side of the balcony ramp. There is foam on it, I know for sure towards the back of side of the ramp as mine has come loose once before but not sure if it's also on the front side. Either way, it's likely not stand up target foam or the foam from the apron.

When you ship a pin, the apron is at the top and things fall, that is where it would end up to reappear later. I had a white stamp sized square cloth pad show up mysteriously on my UM upper playfield once *shrug*. Anyway, you got a few things to check out now.

#14102 11 months ago

Spooky did say there was an Easter egg nobody had mentioned yet...

#14158 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

Hi,
Could somebody do me a huge favour and take a picture of their power supply, so I can make sure mine is wired correctly?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Screenshot_20230524_134628_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230524_134628_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230524_134719_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230524_134719_Gallery (resized).jpg
1 week later
#14264 10 months ago

Here is a strange question. It looks like my coin mechanisms should be secured by a screw of some sort. Mine are missing. I am guessing a thumb screw. Anyone got a photo they can share? Bonus points if you can identify the size I need (thread pattern).

Don't have my thread checker with me but it is .153 OD. Would guess it is this
https://www.pinballlife.com/thumb-screw-for-coin-mech-holder.html

20230531_105842 (resized).jpg20230531_105842 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#14738 10 months ago

Did the ball search time get lowered on recent update? I caught the ball after launch and made 3 or so unsuccessful attempts at the Judith skill shot, hitting the left post of judith. Then shatzed up the right inlane during a try which rainbowed over to the left inlane to another unsuccessful Judith attempt lol. Ball Search went off at that point. Maybe the time should be lengthened during skill shot until it is qualified, or unqualified as it may be, since the ball hitting the judith post and falling back to the flippers without hitting anything, repeatedly, seems like a potential norm.

Only other problem I had was a multiball starting shortly after launching a ball once randomly.

Really lookin good Matt, love this game.

2 weeks later
#15019 9 months ago

Maybe try a deflector wedge stuck to the left side of the shooter lane ramp wall right before the ramp ends, If they don't turn the switch off with code and you don't want to go MRS. Convince it to stay to the right side. I would go MRS anyway as it can miss the switch during a fast orbit shot anyway.

Screenshot_20230707_095058_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230707_095058_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15211 9 months ago

Devon Grahm! So great! Make sure you go for the sanitarium shot during hedge multi.

Email comin your way Matt

1 month later
#15639 7 months ago
Quoted from TILT44:

None of the lights work on middle playfield (Where Sanitarium is), even the light strip around it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it might be or what I should check first? I want to try to see if it's a simple fix before I pay our local tech to come over. I've ran the light test and also the switch test, all the switches on that area are working, it's just the lights that are not. Thanks for any help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The chain ends at Lower LED strip, then up to sanitarium wheels, then sanitarium drop target light, then right orbit exit light.
The right orbit exit light can get hit when launching the ball which takes the whole string out. You can either pull the middle playfield to get to it, or try and reach in with tools from the side with slenderman fingers to remove the bolts. Here's some photos someone posted once regarding the trouble board location. If you pull the playfield you can relocate the orbit board to help prevent future issues.

Screenshot_20230903_094838_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230903_094838_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15683 7 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ew. Luckily the actress was 24

And in Playboy 4 years before that.

1 month later
#16005 6 months ago

10 days to go till the big code drops!

Waiting like-
Screenshot_20231021_180257_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231021_180257_YouTube (resized).jpg

1 week later
#16092 5 months ago

He is coming home. Beware of stowaway's
20231029_155007 (resized).jpg20231029_155007 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#16283 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:Has anybody with Halloween gotten the above IPS screen replacement? If so, was it worth it? PM me if you want.. Thanks!

If bending your knees to make you shorter gives you a true black image on "The Blackest Eyes" match screen, then it is worth it. Try the adjustments mentioned first, and if that's not good enough at your full height, get the IPS.

3 weeks later
#16424 4 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

My Halloween has developed a problem.
Starting a game operates as normally with one ball ejecting into the shooter lane.
At the end of the first ball, and every ball thereafter, the trough will eject balls into the shooter lane continously one right after the other about a second apart. It will eject four balls but fail on the fifth one.
The machine is doing this consistently, 100% of the time making it unplayable.
Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?
UPDATE: The problem I was having with the game seems indirectly tied to the bottom Michael servo, which I didn't notice had failed today (it was working last night).
From what I've been able to surmise, if the computer (or pinotaur board) has issues communicating with a stuck or failed servo, that's when unexpected issues happen, such as my continuous trough auto-fire.
Since I did not have a spare servo to replace the bad one, I decided to just unplug all three Michael servos from the pinotaur board. Since doing so, normal.operation of the trough eject has resumed, no more problems.
Any thoughts on this? Can Spooky please chime in on this?

Strange. My michael #2 is dead and stuck out, game plays fine. I don't experience the issues you describe.

2 months later
#16644 75 days ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I got my new to me Halloween at home and set up. What a fun game to shoot! For now I have the pitch set at 6.5 degrees. What do most of you have yours set at? The shooter rod seems to barely get the ball all the way around at that setting.

Put on a new plunger tip and/or put a washer or nut inside of the tip. The custom shooter rods are a bit shorter and once the tip starts to flatten it looses shooting strength.

2 weeks later
#16692 59 days ago

Maybe this intro will help

#16775 53 days ago

Halloween on route. Even the protectors won't save you

20240302_130056 (resized).jpg20240302_130056 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider morgoth00.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.