Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg
PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3592 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 340.
#9251 1 year ago

Can you stream your gameplay?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…I sold a game today at my location and the guy goes “I see you have a Halloween there, you like it? I’ve heard a lot of thiiings about it online”. I say “we’ll play a few games after we load your game”. I beat the game on the second go around and he saw nearly everything in code including ‘jackolantern’ and the six bangs of the Boogeyman wiz mode. I look over and go “what do you think?” He says “This game is blowing my fucking mind right now. What don’t people like about this thing!?” I say “beats me…it’s one of the best new games in the past 20 years and the code isn’t even finished yet”
Also, new owners: go review the game! Leave a review on each model. This game deserves at LEAST top 20 status. AT LEAST!

#9252 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…I sold a game today at my location and the guy goes “I see you have a Halloween there, you like it? I’ve heard a lot of thiiings about it online”. I say “we’ll play a few games after we load your game”. I beat the game on the second go around and he saw nearly everything in code including ‘jackolantern’ and the six bangs of the Boogeyman wiz mode. I look over and go “what do you think?” He says “This game is blowing my fucking mind right now. What don’t people like about this thing!?” I say “beats me…it’s one of the best new games in the past 20 years and the code isn’t even finished yet”
Also, new owners: go review the game! Leave a review on each model. This game deserves at LEAST top 20 status. AT LEAST!

#9253 1 year ago

The thought of being on camera makes me queasy. It’s really not hard to get to ‘Boogeyman’ just focus on the getting the SJ’s for each playfields multi. I can frequently get to Boogey on ball one if I want to show it to someone. Just don’t distract yourself with the film modes basically. I can’t wait till the final wiz comes out. I’m assuming that the qualifiers will be SJ from hedge sani house Jack o lantern and Boogeyman with all modes completed. THAT will be hard. There should also be a super duper wiz mode where they add successfully shooting each hurry up on top of the previously mentioned qualifiers. I like having something that’s nearly impossible to shoot for in a pin.

Quoted from SLRage:

Can you stream your gameplay?

#9254 1 year ago

I've had similar experiences at every show we've been to. People will come up to us and say, "I was told this game wasn't good, but I just got done playing it and it was great." That said, we're still adding to this thing every single day. I'm sure we'll stream it again after the new code drop. Full disclosure, it took us three games to reach the first wizard mode on stream.

#9255 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I've had similar experiences at every show we've been to. People will come up to us and say, "I was told this game wasn't good, but I just got done playing it and it was great." In terms of streaming, I'm sure we'll stream it again after the new code drop. Full disclosure, it took us three games to reach the first wizard mode on stream.

It’s just so different, and campy. I love taking my time. I feel like I’m flipping to stay alive on my TMNT. I’ve had zero regrets buying Halloween. It’s our first Spooky pin. Definitely not our last.

#9256 1 year ago

I love that ‘Boogeyman’ is a direction you can take in the game instead of something you HAVE to shoot for. On games that I don’t get there it’s mainly because I’m focused on playing the film modes for fun. This game will REALLY come together when the final objective comes into play. If it goes where it I think it’s going with the qualifiers I’ve described this game will be an absolute showstopping monster.

Quoted from lpeters82:

I've had similar experiences at every show we've been to. People will come up to us and say, "I was told this game wasn't good, but I just got done playing it and it was great." That said, we're still adding to this thing every single day. I'm sure we'll stream it again after the new code drop. Full disclosure, it took us three games to reach the first wizard mode on stream.

#9257 1 year ago

I just got done playing 4 games and I can't do shit. I must really suck cause I can barely get a jackpot let alone a super jackpot! Bonus is that the game is so fun anyway. I am just confused how I ended up in suckville after playing pins my whole life!

#9258 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I have been following your comments along the way! I'm really happy to see this! I don't think we are going to let you down on code. Spooky Bug and the other Luke have some very impressive stuff up their sleeve.

The fact you guys listen is amazing. Hit up support one night this week for something minor and had a reply by morning lol. Like what?!? Awesome. I haven't lifted playfield yet either just pulled out for house mod install. Code is fine and can not wait for new animations (and new game announcement).

#9259 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I just got done playing 4 games and I can't do shit. I must really suck cause I can barely get a jackpot let alone a super jackpot! Bonus is that the game is so fun anyway. I am just confused how I ended up in suckville after playing pins my whole life!

Concentrate on the Supers from Hedge and the Upper PF (Sanitarium? I am an UM owner). They are the easiest to get.

I find the key is learning to use the lifter pause to concentrate your attention on the Jackpot Shots.

#9260 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

User's here probably can share some tips and tricks that help them reach further in the game. For example, I have to think about the upper playfield crossover shot as a Shatz to make it across or I much prefer to backhand the left orbit.

#9261 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I always start with Laurie slashes back. It’s a hard mode but it’s the easiest to me and you can score decent with it. Try that. It’s helped me. My best is only 90 million though haha.

#9262 1 year ago

My problem with getting Hedge SJ is not getting enough right flipper shots. I can backhand some hedge shots with the left flipper but mostly luck!

Quoted from guitarded:

Concentrate on the Supers from Hedge and the Upper PF (Sanitarium? I am an UM owner). They are the easiest to get.
I find the key is learning to use the lifter pause to concentrate your attention on the Jackpot Shots.

#9263 1 year ago

There was a Halloween CE at saratoga silverball this past weekend. I think it was the most popular game there. I put about 25 plays on it alone.
Its definitely on the list of fame my wife and I will have at some point

20220918_124801 (resized).jpg20220918_124801 (resized).jpg20220918_124806 (resized).jpg20220918_124806 (resized).jpg20220918_124835 (resized).jpg20220918_124835 (resized).jpg
#9264 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

My problem with getting Hedge SJ is not getting enough right flipper shots. I can backhand some hedge shots with the left flipper but mostly luck!

On most setups, I'm able to shoot any of the shots that feed the left inlane. I can then just hold up the flipper and there is often enough speed that I don't even need to do a tap pass. The ball will just jump over.

PS: Hedge is the Super Jackpot that I have to cheat the most often while clearing games. That upper scoop is probably the most difficult shot for me to shoot. I think there might be some strategy off the right sling, but I haven't perfected it yet. I just know that when I have side to side motion, it will often end up in the top scoop.

#9265 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I play a lot of bank shots off the posts / rubbers around the Single Standup / Lock Target. I can't get a real good jump feed off the left flipper, so I go for the slop and try and get control on the right.
Or, and this is best when hunting Supers for me, every left feed goes to the middle PF and I use the delay to take targeted shots with the other balls and then the sweet return / lifter feed on the right.

As far as bumping up scoring, that Dirty Pool / Double Scoring shot combined with the higher scoring modes is key.

#9266 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

There was a Halloween CE at saratoga silverball this past weekend. I think it was the most popular game there. I put about 25 plays on it alone.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]</blockquote

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

glad you enjoyed playing it... i loved sharing it with the group at saratoga silverball... i will rate halloween when the new code comes out

#9267 1 year ago

Any chance of improving the quality of some of the movie clips or updating them in the near future?

#9268 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Come October it will be even better.

Man I can’t wait this thing is bolted to the floor

Really,really blown away by the game

I’m hooked

Moon is out tonight? Let’s play Halloween
Rainy fall like day? Let’s play Halloween
This game has a great great vibe it all just kinda works well to us

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9269 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The lifter pause is great during multi ball I love it I use that to try to collect supers you are right on on that

I love the multitasking on this game

#9270 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Man I can’t wait this thing is bolted to the floor
Really,really blown away by the game
I’m hooked
Moon is out tonight? Let’s play Halloween
Rainy fall like day? Let’s play Halloween
This game has a great great vibe it all just kinda works well to us [quoted image]

I dreamt of Alien in a home environment, the dark, the immersion, but never scored one(Didnt really look, just dreamt). Then Halloween came along.

I wonder what games are considered the best in a home enviroment? Halloween has to be up their!

#9271 1 year ago

Gotta say, with the lights off and the volume cranked up, Alien is absolutely brilliant! If this is anywhere near as good (and I'm pretty sure it will be) I'm gonna be one happy dude.

#9272 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I dreamt of Alien in a home environment, the dark, the immersion, but never scored one(Didnt really look, just dreamt). Then Halloween came along.
I wonder what games are considered the best in a home enviroment? Halloween has to be up their!

Music pins are for sure up there on the list. You can really crank them up at home.

#9273 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I have been following your comments along the way! I'm really happy to see this! I don't think we are going to let you down on code. Spooky Bug and the other Luke have some very impressive stuff up their sleeve.

Wow, thanks SpookyLuke. I know I am often a critic, but I appreciate that you still respond to feedback and aren't afraid to wade into these shark infested waters. You guys absolutely nailed this theme and I can't wait to see what's next.

#9274 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Gotta say, with the lights off and the volume cranked up, Alien is absolutely brilliant! If this is anywhere near as good (and I'm pretty sure it will be) I'm gonna be one happy dude.

I’ve owned them both, and I agree Alien is highly immersive with a creepy, intense atmosphere. I feel Halloween is easily as immersive, with near perfect theme integration. And the gameplay is better on Halloween, imho.

#9275 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’ve owned them both, and I agree Alien is highly immersive with a creepy, intense atmosphere. I feel Halloween is easily as immersive, with near perfect theme integration. And the gameplay is better on Halloween, imho.

I like hearing that. Ive never seen a Alien and have played Halloween only a habdful of times since I have one incoming. Great hearing it at least matches, if not surpasses Alien in most areas!

#9276 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

As a sci-fi kinda guy, Alien is my personal favorite example of good atmosphere in a game (we have one here in the shop!)

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Any chance of improving the quality of some of the movie clips or updating them in the near future?

There is definitely a chance! I'd even go so far as to say a fairly decent one!

#9278 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

As a sci-fi kinda guy, Alien is my personal favorite example of good atmosphere in a game (we have one here in the shop!)

You are such a flick tease.

#9279 1 year ago

I've been a Pinside member for years, staying in the shadows forever, until now. I grabbed a Blackout machine for cheap when I was about 19. It never worked properly, and I had no idea what I was doing. I sold it for what I paid a year or two later.

Fast forward 22 years, and I just picked up a Halloween BSE (#1107) from Spooky on Wednesday. Wanted to go ahead and make a first post so that when I'm no doubt in over my head on a repair at some point, that post won't be my first.

So far, I'm super impressed with the game. The very first game was a bit buggy (ball save when there was no drain for example), and two or three times now, there's been a really long pause after the ball enters the pumpkin scoop, but the game works through it. No other issues at all, and I really like the gameplay.

#9280 1 year ago

Halloween is so well lit, it plays great in the dark. Nothing is really hidden cause of all the lighting effects.

It's funny as I was emailing a distro to put in a deposit on Alien, when I found an available Halloween at a distro and switched to that instead. I still want an Alien for home, it's another top fave franchise, but I'm a bit tapped out for room now.

Quoted from spooky_dj:

PRAISE BE!

#9281 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I bought a Pinball Brothers Alien SV with plans of buying the LV when they were available but then Spooky announced Halloween which made it a must have so I didn'thet the lv and got Halloween instead, 2 dream themes. So I have an Alien SV and Halloween. Love them both!

#9282 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I bought a Pinball Brothers Alien SV with plans of buying the LV when they were available but then Spooky announced Halloween which made it a must have so I didn'thet the lv and got Halloween instead, 2 dream themes. So I have an Alien SV and Halloween. Love them both!

I've got Alien LV on order #833 to match my Halloween CE pin. Currently it has left port and is in route. Maybe I'll get it by Halloween of this year. Will look great next to Halloween and Elvira HOH 40th. I should be done for a while UNLESS someone releases 'The Thing' pin.

#9283 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I've got Alien LV on order #833 to match my Halloween CE pin. Currently it has left port and is in route. Maybe I'll get it by Halloween of this year. Will look great next to Halloween and Elvira HOH 40th. I should be done for a while UNLESS someone releases 'The Thing' pin.

Did you order the Alien Custom apron?
I installed mine a month ago and it's a game changer.

#9284 1 year ago

The Thing
They Live
Halloween II: Season of the Witch

I'd have to sell organs then.

#9285 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

The Thing
They Live

I’d love a Nightmare on Elm st 3 Dream Warriors. I can already hear Dokken during multiball.

#9286 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’d love a Nightmare on Elm st 3 Dream Warriors. I can already hear Dokken during multiball.

Welcome to Prime Time Bitch Bonus Multiplier

#9287 1 year ago

I already got the Freddy pin of old (does have dream warriors MB), so selfish me wants a theme not done before.

Evil Dead

#9288 1 year ago

I should be done for a while UNLESS someone releases 'The Thing' pin.

Same!

#9289 1 year ago

I already got the Freddy pin of old (does have dream warriors MB), so selfish me wants a theme not done before.
Evil Dead

PinSound?

#9290 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

The Thing
They Live

They Live would be freaking awesome. "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass..... and I'm all out of bubblegum"

#9291 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

They Live would be freaking awesome. "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass..... and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Who really goes somewhere to chew bubblegum?

#9292 1 year ago

I got to admit, They Live does sound like a cool pin.

#9293 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

The Thing
They Live

John Carpenter Rules!

Season of the Witch (resized).jpgSeason of the Witch (resized).jpgThey Live and The Fog (resized).jpgThey Live and The Fog (resized).jpgthing_display (resized).jpgthing_display (resized).jpg
#9294 1 year ago

Favorite movie of all time by my favorite director of all time

#9295 1 year ago

CE 920 Comes home Sept 28th!!! So pumped!!

Are initial delivery estimates fairly accurate?

#9296 1 year ago

On location in Denver area 1up arcade..getting a lot of play.

received_495970445872903 (resized).jpegreceived_495970445872903 (resized).jpeg
#9297 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

CE 920 Comes home Sept 28th!!! So pumped!!
Are initial delivery estimates fairly accurate?

Really depends on the freight company itself, and their drivers lol

Mine took an extra week with the pin sitting in some distro hub for the freight company in another nearby city the entire time. Like it's only two hours away, someone bring it to me!!!

#9298 1 year ago

Really depends on the freight company itself, and their drivers lol
Mine took an extra week with the pin sitting in some distro hub for the freight company in another nearby city the entire time. Like it's only two hours away, someone bring it to me!!!

Gotcha thanks. Well im refreshing the website every 4.2 seconds and have it setup where i get an email with updates lol

#9299 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I got to admit, They Live does sound like a cool pin.

I'd be in for an Escape from New York too.

#9300 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Favorite movie of all time by my favorite director of all time

Alien? Or HWN?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/186?hl=rascal-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.