IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 340.
#9201 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, this is what I’ve been up to that last couple days. Colors bold, but red in some light and has more of an orange hue in others. Pics never do this stuff justice. One in the sun just to show depth.

The red is a nice touch.

#9202 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s MUCH better than Halloween Kills, which was kind of made up on the spot. David and Danny turned it into a nice tribute to Halloween II which was pretty cool, but overall, not a necessary movie. Ends was the plan the whole time. Some nice Carpenter nods at the beginning, and then it’s a well paced, modern (not a copy, mind you) version of the original

Halloween Kills should have been called

“(Hey, Jerk): Speed Kills”

#9203 1 year ago

I moved my BSE into the lineup and I have been up late playing every night since I got it. I have almost 200 plays on it already with my best score being 74 million. I have to say, I'm sorry I doubted this game, because it really is a lot of fun and it also ties into the movie beautifully. I have become a believer. So, THANK YOU Spooky team for doing a classic horror movie justice!

Amazingly, I also have yet to need to raise the playfield. I don't think I've ever made it this far before with any new game. The playfield surface still looks incredibly nice too, which is really something these days.

I do have some thoughts on the code, but I know a big update is around the corner, so will see what that brings to the game.

20220922_001925 (resized).jpg20220922_001925 (resized).jpg
#9204 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I moved my BSE into the lineup and I have been up late playing every night since I got it. I have almost 200 plays on it already with my best score being 74 million. I have to say, I'm sorry I doubted this game, because it really is a lot of fun and it also ties into the movie beautifully. I have become a believer. So, THANK YOU Spooky team for doing a classic horror movie justice!
Amazingly, I also have yet to need to raise the playfield. I don't think I've ever made it this far before with any new game. The playfield surface still looks incredibly nice too, which is really something these days.
I do have some thoughts on the code, but I know a big update is around the corner, so will see what that brings to the game. [quoted image]

ya, people who threw away their deposits before playing it at home environment really lost out on a good game.

#9205 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Lol, magic!
I actually purchased the BSE back glass separately, as the topper wont clear in my current basement config. Also never hurts to have a backup.

Nice, what do those go for, I have the same situation.

#9206 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I look at it as the silver of the knife…just me…but that’s
What I wanted. Wire form is done though…go big or go home!

Didn't notice the wire form at first. Very nice.

#9207 1 year ago

He’s coming home today…….

#9209 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What brand speaker does spooky use for the CE?

I'm not sure, but it's the same sound system in all three editions.

#9210 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s MUCH better than Halloween Kills, which was kind of made up on the spot. David and Danny turned it into a nice tribute to Halloween II which was pretty cool, but overall, not a necessary movie. Ends was the plan the whole time. Some nice Carpenter nods at the beginning, and then it’s a well paced, modern (not a copy, mind you) version of the original

Did you see an early screening? I’m pumped

#9211 1 year ago

Can any one chip in about removing and replacing the armor on a butter cab? Just want to make sure there isn't anything I should know about it before going for it. Would had to ruin that sweet sweet finish.

#9212 1 year ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Can any one chip in about removing and replacing the armor on a butter cab? Just want to make sure there isn't anything I should know about it before going for it. Would had to ruin that sweet sweet finish.

It’s very easy…just move slow and don’t force anything. The only part that was “scary” was the rails are held on by a strip of masking tape near the flipper buttons. It doesn’t hurt anything, and I think was used to place it correctly when first being put on. Just know that after you remove all the screws on the rail, there may be a slight tug here. Again, won’t hurt anything, just good to know.

#9213 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I like how you think...will hope for the best....

#9214 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Halloween Kills should have been called
“(Hey, Jerk): Speed Kills”

LOL. I think that maaaaay have been the joke that Danny was referencing

#9215 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I like how you think...will hope for the best....

You’re safe

I’m not saying it’s on par with the original - it’s still in the style of Halloween 18, a little more aggressive/modern, less suspense IMO. But a big step up from Kills, and maybe a tad too long but I liked it a LOT more

#9216 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did you see an early screening? I’m pumped

Nope

#9217 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I do have some thoughts on the code, but I know a big update is around the corner, so will see what that brings to the game. [quoted image]

The new code I think will be what possibly finally brings it all together. There is warts in the presentation and think some gameplay tweaks would be great, so seeing what they do with the update is going to be exciting as it could really make this feel finally complete. It's really fun and come a long way, it just needs a little bit more to really shine and feel "done"

#9218 1 year ago

#1125 is home. Unfortunately I have to wait a week to unbox.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9219 1 year ago

Nice! 1125 is the highest number Ive seen so far!

#9220 1 year ago

So they are about to finish the line before Halloween or they got international stuff on backburner still?

#9221 1 year ago

Ya never want to see this right off the bat.

298327B2-7199-47B6-A6B2-AE91EE49C154 (resized).jpeg298327B2-7199-47B6-A6B2-AE91EE49C154 (resized).jpeg
#9222 1 year ago

All good though. Spooky does a phenomenal job protecting the buddah! Can’t wait to open him up after work.

09CC9F00-2387-45EA-A591-2A8AC2721251 (resized).jpeg09CC9F00-2387-45EA-A591-2A8AC2721251 (resized).jpeg179F25FB-C553-451B-B7A9-36EA7269443D (resized).jpeg179F25FB-C553-451B-B7A9-36EA7269443D (resized).jpeg
#9223 1 year ago

Does anyone know where this rubber could have come from? It must have broke overnight and was laying on the upper most playfield near the staircase. I can't seem to find where it belongs.

I included a picture of the upper playfield in hopes that someone will spot where it belongs. Thanks in advance.

42231A93-0C26-407F-9B82-F9E645632DAF (resized).jpeg42231A93-0C26-407F-9B82-F9E645632DAF (resized).jpegED5685E2-F349-4B12-8B97-7D28328752FA (resized).jpegED5685E2-F349-4B12-8B97-7D28328752FA (resized).jpeg
#9224 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

All good though. Spooky does a phenomenal job protecting the buddah! Can’t wait to open him up after work.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, but ugh! You are 955, im 920 and no solid shipping info yet.

#9225 1 year ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

Does anyone know where this rubber could have come from? It must have broke overnight and was laying on the upper most playfield near the staircase. I can't seem to find where it belongs.
I included a picture of the upper playfield in hopes that someone will spot where it belongs. Thanks in advance.

Looks like possibly to the right of the Michael spinner. The post has an indention where I assume the ring goes

#9226 1 year ago

This should help.

Screenshot_20220922-101703_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220922-101703_Gallery (resized).jpg
#9227 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That’s weird. Mine came R&L shippers. I’m in New York State. I was notified Monday and today it came.

#9228 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The new code I think will be what possibly finally brings it all together. There is warts in the presentation and think some gameplay tweaks would be great, so seeing what they do with the update is going to be exciting as it could really make this feel finally complete. It's really fun and come a long way, it just needs a little bit more to really shine and feel "done"

Agreed. There's a lot to like and the potential is there. It's mostly just a little rough around the edges with the content on the display, the timing of some events, and some of the callouts. The only significant thing that I think needs to be worked out is how the House mode dominates the display when it's active. It's pretty easy to keep starting House mode and I find myself deliberately avoiding it sometimes so that I can see the UI and animations/clips from the pumkin mode I'm in. Sanitarium mode kind of has the same issue, but I get that less often and it usually doesn't last as long.

#9229 1 year ago

This is for all the people who list their pins acting like it’s some accomplishment to be selling a game with 25 plays on it.

4E6D0032-B774-4784-8F97-1032FF47F0EA (resized).jpeg4E6D0032-B774-4784-8F97-1032FF47F0EA (resized).jpeg
#9230 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Agreed. There's a lot to like and the potential is there. It's mostly just a little rough around the edges with the content on the display, the timing of some events, and some of the callouts. The only significant thing that I think needs to be worked out is how the House mode dominates the display when it's active. It's pretty easy to keep starting House mode and I find myself deliberately avoiding it sometimes so that I can see the UI and animations/clips from the pumkin mode I'm in. Sanitarium mode kind of has the same issue, but I get that less often and it usually doesn't last as long.

See I get that with the Sanitarium and hate the music and the animation that plays. Also Sanitarium feels like it locks out alot of play till it's over so I hate that mode and seem to have harder time ending it than House Mode which I find more intriguing and fun

#9231 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

See I get that with the Sanitarium and hate the music and the animation that plays. Also Sanitarium feels like it locks out alot of play till it's over so I hate that mode and seem to have harder time ending it than House Mode which I find more intriguing and fun

Yeah, they both have the same issue. It's hard to tell what else is actually being locked out or just isn't showing up on the display. And agreed, that sanitarium animation is probably the worst one in the entire game and it overrides everything else. I do like the music though

#9232 1 year ago

Maybe a Picture in Picture type of approach to the display during these modes. Like sanatorium stuff goes to the corner after the initial clips.

Excited to see what the update brings.

#9233 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Maybe a Picture in Picture type of approach to the display during these modes. Like sanatorium stuff goes to the corner after the initial clips.
Excited to see what the update brings.

I wouldn't mind a timer on Sanatorium mode really. House attack can end if your not engaging it and keeping Laurie's health up, Sanatarium should have a timer really or some other end condition other than completion or losing your ball. Have gotten many games in where I was essentially locked into that mode for long time cause I wasn't able to complete it and still find it actually one of the more annoying ones to finish.

#9234 1 year ago

That'd be the right spinner rubber on the House upper playfield! If you email [email protected] we can send that out right away.

#9235 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have been following your comments along the way! I'm really happy to see this! I don't think we are going to let you down on code. Spooky Bug and the other Luke have some very impressive stuff up their sleeve.

#9236 1 year ago

I just received a weird email from UPS stating I have a Spooky delivery scheduled for Friday. It was shipped next day air at a weight of 1.0 pounds. The funny thing is, I didn’t order anything and Spooky doesn’t owe me any parts. Anybody else get a strange shipping notice?

#9237 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I just received a weird email from UPS stating I have a Spooky delivery scheduled for Friday. It was shipped next day air at a weight of .10 pounds. The funny thing is, I didn’t order anything and Spooky doesn’t owe me any parts. Anybody else get a strange shipping notice?

Fang club kit?

#9238 1 year ago

I didn’t renew unless it is set for auto-renew.

#9239 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I didn’t renew unless it is set for auto-renew.

It is. I had to cancel it.

#9240 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

That’s weird. Mine came R&L shippers. I’m in New York State. I was notified Monday and today it came.

Maybe Spooky kept mine longer for inspection, since ive been bitching about QA once in awhile lol

#9241 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This is for all the people who list their pins acting like it’s some accomplishment to be selling a game with 25 plays on it.[quoted image]

Funny you should post this - I was just thinking the same (but about my RAM and ACNC). I've got over a thousand plays on each and after getting them dialed in, it's just essential that I play these games daily. Rather than bragging about having a dozen or two games played on a machine, I'd think it more meaningful to have a HUO game played a lot, shows the game was loved, fun and served its purpose well. Of course, there are those who may just want to look at their game but not me, want to light 'r up and get lost in the game.

#9242 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This is for all the people who list their pins acting like it’s some accomplishment to be selling a game with 25 plays on it.[quoted image]

Never understand the point of buying a pinball machine and not playing the hell out of it. Unless you're not into theme, then trade for one you're into

#9243 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Never understand the point of buying a pinball machine and not playing the hell out of it. Unless you're not into theme, then trade for one you're into

I bought a 2012 Avengers Pro in Los Angeles last year … it had 98 plays on it. (Still on original code, never updated)

I think some people just like buying new shit to show off to their buddies.

rd

#9244 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

It is. I had to cancel it.

Nothing was charged to my card but that is a great guess. Maybe it is one of those mythical BSE plaques. That would be hysterical since I own a CE.

#9245 1 year ago

That stuff is ridiculous. Only 10 plays crap. It’s a way to say your a buthole without saying it. < 500 plays = buthole

Quoted from Colsond3:

#9246 1 year ago

Holy cow this game is really fucking good

#9247 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Holy cow this game is really fucking good

Come October it will be even better.

#9248 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Come October it will be even better.

OOOORLY?

#9249 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

908 here. Sept 26th…ish.

#9250 1 year ago

So…I sold a game today at my location and the guy goes “I see you have a Halloween there, you like it? I’ve heard a lot of thiiings about it online”. I say “we’ll play a few games after we load your game”. I beat the game on the second go around and he saw nearly everything in code including ‘jackolantern’ and the six bangs of the Boogeyman wiz mode. I look over and go “what do you think?” He says “This game is blowing my fucking mind right now. What don’t people like about this thing!?” I say “beats me…it’s one of the best new games in the past 20 years and the code isn’t even finished yet”

Also, new owners: go review the game! Leave a review on each model. This game deserves at LEAST top 20 status. AT LEAST!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.