Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ha! Fun fact… Back Alley Matt is the guy who molded the toys on Halloween. So, support the guy that made the peek-a-boo Michael!

Matt’s stuff is awesome. I have the turtle slime version of it on my turtles.

8FA7976A-C639-48C0-8B5A-D3B3AB9C4792 (resized).jpeg8FA7976A-C639-48C0-8B5A-D3B3AB9C4792 (resized).jpeg9FC3EC38-07BF-4114-B4AE-70274E6B7D8F (resized).jpeg9FC3EC38-07BF-4114-B4AE-70274E6B7D8F (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I fixed the ball trap on my lower mini playfield (topside). What I did was replace what was there with a Stern style slim post sleeve. It fixed the multiple balls traps and still allows acess to the other ball paths while inhabiting the one it should. I tried several different combinations. This is the only thing that worked. It allowed me to keep the guide wires where they are.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Maybe we will see a fix like this on the line for future HW and UM. Spooky is great at incorporating these kind of tweaks as manufacturing continues.

2 weeks later
5 months later
#6791 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Time to order pDI!

I put voodoo glass in my UM CE. It really makes everything pop. Definitely recommend one of the anti glare glasses out there.

1 week later
#6970 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I dont know why-but when I read this I made a cringe face
What is good is it seems like all of the adjustments or problems are minor. The layout of this game is magical. I had some good games last night and I really am enjoying this game. You can fix minor issues but you can't fix a bad layout. Getting to the third upper is very rewarding and challenging. All of the shots keep you on your toes with risk vs reward. Also Halloween is really a work of art-just stunning. Can anyone tell-I like my Halloween-it's the full package for me

I feel the same way about my UM. My wife asked me the other day if the other machines are sad because I play so much UM these days. As for keeping me on my toes. I am height challenged so I lean forward and am literally on my toes when I am on the upper playfield so I can see the entire flipper to make my shot over the bridge, lol.

1 month later
#7788 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

You don't have to wait much longer for the ball to return than your typical ramp. Just on Halloween, you don't see it.

Agreed. It really isn’t that long of a wait and I got used to it quickly. Also enjoy having a brief moment to look at where my next shots are when I am in a mode.

1 week later
#8043 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea I know but others have mentioned having a different system. As mentioned below someone has a Raspberry Pi like setup instead.

My UM has the smaller board setup rather than the PC. I am guessing with supply chain they go with what they can get.

#8050 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everybody! Just a reminder that we'll be going live on Facebook tomorrow morning at 10AM Central to do a fun Q&A hangout. If you can't make it, feel free to send those questions in to us on Facebook or Pinside! See you there

This sounds amazing, but not amazing enough for me to create a FB account.

1 week later
#8309 1 year ago

I can certainly understand feeling overwhelmed the first time you lift your playfield to try to fix something. I am an electrical engineer so I get excited to work on my machines and tinker but I realize I am weird. When I bought my first machine 4 years ago I was giddy when I popped the playfield! With a few basic tools and troubleshooting tips you would be surprised how much you can do on your own. Add on top of that the spooky team to help walk you through it and you can really work a lot of issues. There will be some issues where that may still not get the machine going but that should be the exception. All that being said I think the customer will always have to do some basic level of troubleshooting and repair on these machines from any manufacturer. I will gladly help anyone I can in the Denver area with troubleshooting and repairs. As others have said, get out there and make friends in the community where you live. People will be helpful.

#8334 1 year ago

lpeters82 started a rule sheet for UM on tilt forums awhile back that could me used as a template for someone to start HWN.

http://tiltforums.com/t/ultraman-wiki-rulesheet/7456

#8336 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve played both but don’t know the answer to this: are the modes / goals largely the same between both games ?

I have only played my UM, but I understand the rule framework is similar.

2 weeks later
#8927 1 year ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

How does one know what code is installed and what's the new one? Finally, what's the skill shot? Thanks, just got mine delivered.

See pic. It’s right when you enter the service menu. This is my UM. I assume HWN is the same. Latest code version is on the website.

9AEA8D0F-5928-4068-AD01-E7A217149CAE (resized).jpeg9AEA8D0F-5928-4068-AD01-E7A217149CAE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9272 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I dreamt of Alien in a home environment, the dark, the immersion, but never scored one(Didnt really look, just dreamt). Then Halloween came along.
I wonder what games are considered the best in a home enviroment? Halloween has to be up their!

Music pins are for sure up there on the list. You can really crank them up at home.

#9373 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The lifter timing is about the same as rail returns or subway / vuk returns. It just feel much longer because you don’t see the ball AND many location players have just become accustomed to Sterns return times which are VERY quick on account of the fact they do not put anything in their games. No subways, vuk to habitrail etc etc. Cost cutting has become the norm and it’s effects are felt in this way. HWN return times do not bother me in the slightest. In fact, The secret to this game is strategizing the servo timing for optimal multiball play. Once players GET IT they blow the f’n game out of the water. Whine about it? Hate it? Complain? You’re sunk. USE IT .

Spot on for multiballs. Love the fact I can bury a ball in the subways to focus on other things. Then working out the timing and not forgetting it is coming back. These are the strategies and nuances that coupled with the unique layout and rules that make these two games challenging and different.

1 week later
#9622 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Thanks all! I'm sold on the house mod.

It’s so good I am half tempted to put it in my UM, lol. Still hoping he comes up with something clever for UM in that same space.

#9867 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I just played my game and noticed a loud buzz when I hold the flippers. I thought it was coming for the speakers but after opening the coin door, the buzz was intense and seems be coming from under the flippers.
If I hold the button when the game is not started yet nothing, but as soon as the flipper goes up, loud buzz. Any idea what should I look for?

My guess would be due to the pulse width modulation of the coils.

#10100 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Where is the powder coat on your shooter rod housing? Is that how it came from
The factory?

That is how all the UM and HWN come from the factory. My OCD didn’t accept this so I bought this: https://www.lanezcustomsteel.com/

#10104 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is Spooky’s powder coater.

That I don’t know, but was happy to be able to get a matched UM shooter housing. Looked great.

2 weeks later
#10595 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The less anyone uses Facebook, the better.
Unfortunately, it’s a necessary evil for most businesses and events these days.
rd

Agreed. There is no news I need to have first that would convince me to use Facebook. I can wait the short time for it to show up here.

1 month later
#11348 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What run was smaller by Stern? Home pin re-skins?

Beatles was capped at 1964 and it isn’t clear if they ever made them all. So it is potentially close to 1750 or less.

#11355 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

When are you going to admit ALL manufacturers have issues. Every. Single. One. I know you don't need me to list 100+ threads from other manufacturers in my reply here to make my point but... Stern, the Stern today, makes more games in 1 week than Spooky does in 1 year... Hell Stern churns out more games in 1 month than Spooky has ever made.
Does that make it "okay" that failures occur? Of course not. Like many have consistently said here, it's not the failure but rather the support. To date, Spooky support remains so far and above anything else I've seen... Stern can take weeks just to acknowledge you exist much less actually help you and replace the defective part and god forbid it's on "backorder" as you may not see it for months. So can we just stop with this BS notion that Stern is some sort of golden child?

Agreed. If anybody thinks stern doesn’t have annoying issues, I have Rush LE that would like to have a word with you, lol. It’s all good. Play, shit breaks, fix, play some more.

#11365 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

WRT 3d printed parts, am I unaware of spooky making all those stl files available? Does Spooky do that? Will Spooky ever do that?
I get that hardware goes through revisions, but again, my point isn't about the revisions themselves, but i'm just gonna let this hardware discussion die. There's two sides to everything, pros and cons and i'm not going to sit here and try and paint spooky with one big broad brush. I bought the game, I'm unhappy with the quality of parts and hardware, unhappy that I and many others are beta testers for an unfinished cost-cutting product that did not and has not met my desires for a john carpenter pin and unhappy that the code still has a really long way to go to make it feel even close to 1.0.
My point is, stop giving Spooky a pass for poor decisions. And give AJ a raise.

I am not sure about all spooky games but I don’t see a lot of 3d printing in my ultraman. Most everything was hand sculpted and cast by Matt at Back Alley creations who has made a lot of great sculpts for many manufacturers.

#11367 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

What's 3D printed besides some/most of the ball lifter parts?
RM

That’s fair. My mind went to sculpts for some reason. Time for more coffee.

1 week later
#11687 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm on a Mac. This is (I think) the issue I'm running into...

I use a Mac for my UM. Need to use the iso when provided and build the iso on the usb. Haven’t checked if they posted an updated iso yet.

#11692 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Thanks! Could you explain that to me like I'm a child? What's the "iso" and how do I "build the iso on the usb?"

I just looked. The iso isn’t available yet. I know for UM, posting of the iso lagged the zip by a week or so. So I just patiently waited. When it’s available PM me and we can hop on FaceTime and I can walk you through what I do on the mac. If you are really desperate you can try to make a friend with someone who owns a windows machine.

#11724 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Google Drive randomly limits downloads if too many people hit the link during a 24 hour period (obviously that happened here)
What Spooky can do to get around this is to create a copy of the .pkg file, put it in another folder and add a second link to the download page. ("download code file here_" | "_Alternate link_" )

It would be cost effective to just serve it up from Amazon S3. SpookyLuke hit me up if you have any questions or want some help with content delivery.

#11726 1 year ago

If someone has a zip and can get it to me I will host it on my personal S3. Then there will be no more download limits.

#11730 1 year ago

https://spooky-pinball.s3.amazonaws.com/hwn/1.09/code_H78.pkg

Should be publicly accessible with unlimited downloads.

#11745 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

That's so cool! Pinside community coming together to make the magic happen. thekaiser82 thank you!
jk2171 thank you for graciously uploading and sharing the code with me!

Happy to help. Spooky has a lot on their plate today. So hopefully this helped a little. I have seen a good number of downloads in the AWS metrics so folks are using it.

#11841 1 year ago

I am still seeing downloads in the S3 hosted copy of the 1.09 code. I will leave it up for the foreseeable future. I threw some billing alerts on that S3 bucket but we aren’t even close to blowing through the monthly egress to internet throughput free limits. Even if we do the cost is negligible. I can host other copies of the code if anyone wants me to.

#12013 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I too would like the 1.08a if anyone is willing to share. Thanks
This will be hosted for everyone to access if you can provide me a download.

https://spooky-pinball.s3.amazonaws.com/hwn/1.08a/code_H78.pkg

2 months later
#12982 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Has anyone updated successfully on a Mac? I tried and it still gives me the error. I deleted all additional files as per the instructions, even though the .trashes one cannot be deleted. My USB drive is 32 gig formatted to MSDOS Fat 32. I'll try another drive to see if thats it, but on Windows, this drive works fine with the updates. I can get rid of my virtualPC if I can get the Mac update to work.

I updated UM successfully last night with my Mac.

#12988 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

After you've deleted that hidden ._code_H78.pkg file, can you take your USB out and put it back in again and see if that file has been automatically put back? If it has, and you want to try and find a solution to help other Mac users, email me at [email protected] and we'll see what we can come up with.
Once you get this update on to your machine, you won't need to do anything special going forward. The new code is what runs future updates and it now knows to ignore those hidden Mac files.

I put the file on the drive. Then in a terminal window removed all the hidden files then ejected. That way they don’t get put back until you plug the drive back in again.

3 months later
#14521 10 months ago

Was Halloween released before UM? I think UM was released in July/August of 2021. I didn’t think any games were that old yet. My UM isn’t that old for sure.

#14523 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I got mine before Halloween 2021. Halloween 2023 will mark the 3rd Halloween I have had my Halloween Machine, lol So I guess coming on 2 years but feels like 3 waiting on the code.
Morgan Emery <[email protected]>
Oct 20, 2021, 5:11 PM
to me
Good afternoon Keith!
Your HW#61 just left via RL Pro#14010108-3.
Thanks!
Morgan Emery
Spooky Pinball LLC
50 Easy Street
Benton,WI 53803
815-541-0054

Ahh. Ok. I have been having a great time with the new UM code. Hope you guys get your code this week.

#14526 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Stuff tends to break when adding new code, it just happens. Stern when adding King of Monsters originally the first code release just broke some code and there was a game breaking lock up introduced.
So I mean yea they were doing both, reworking things and also adding/changing, so stuff will break sometimes. I think though if they just went into polishing and reworking the game and not adding new stuff, there would be a riot here. Folks want new stuff and them to add, it sucks if something breaks. But also we haven't seen the code yet, for all we know it's fine and what happened with UM is just related to that games own code so who knows.

FWIW the issues with the UM code aren’t enough to make me revert versions. The only one that bugs me is the ball saver bug. The fix for that is I just need to suck less.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=thekaiser82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.