IMG_2890.jpeg
IMG_2892.jpeg
IMG_2887.jpeg
IMG_2879.jpeg
20240420_085948 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 363.
#17301 3 months ago

Mylar is easier, unless you enjoy tinkering with PITA ramps. But The adjustment under the ramp may be more 'permanent'.

#17302 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Question on the orbit. When the ball comes from the shooter lane around the house and down the left orbit - does it hit the sling or go to the flipper? Mine hits the sling or sometimes hits the post up at the end of the ball guide and goes SDTM. I think I need to adjust that ball guide...or is this normal

Can you make the back door shot? Make sure that is doable before messing with other things. Raising the left corner a little changes the game play considerably.

#17303 3 months ago

lol, always flub the game once I get Gappa. YAY GAPPA! ....DRAIN....

#17304 3 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Mylar is easier, unless you enjoy tinkering with PITA ramps. But The adjustment under the ramp may be more 'permanent'.

Ramp adjustment is super easy , loosen 2 nuts from the bottom and pull ramp inwards and tighten. on the original run of le and early premiums, the ramp was not adjustable. So mylar is the only option that worked for me.

#17305 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Question on the orbit. When the ball comes from the shooter lane around the house and down the left orbit - does it hit the sling or go to the flipper? Mine hits the sling or sometimes hits the post up at the end of the ball guide and goes SDTM. I think I need to adjust that ball guide...or is this normal

Couple pieces of Mylar at the end of the guide is all it takes. 5 minutes

#17306 3 months ago

^^^^ This worked for me. ^^^^
Amazing that some mylar changes the ball path just enough to make it right.

#17307 3 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Just received and assembled EHoH barstool today, purchased from Stern's website. Pricey at $153.99 including tax.
[quoted image]

Disappointed did you get the Big Red Torrin garage stool box?

#17308 3 months ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

-Speaking of glass, the anti-reflective application has been done wrong on my glass. There are what looks like water spots all over it. I cannot clean it off. So clearly the spray application was done incorrectly. I’ll need new glass here.

I’m curious if your distributor got back with you on this issue, I also have a BRK and I cannot get the glass clean, it’s almost like some kind of weird water spotting that causes distortion when the light shines through it. I used a microfiber cloth and the recommended glass cleaner that Stern says to use many times, and it does not come off. Its like I can almost feel a roughness in the glass when I clean it. The game that is sitting beside BRK has invisa glass on it, and it is crystal clear.

#17309 3 months ago

Does anyone have a BRK who also has or had a Premium or LE?

If so, do you prefer the BRK playfield over the original color one?

I have an LE and thinking about changing to a BRK but haven’t seen one in person and trying to decide if the lack of color would bother me

#17310 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have an LE and thinking about changing to a BRK but haven’t seen one in person and trying to decide if the lack of color would bother me

I’ve had both and I love the Black, white and Red sparkle playfield, it is unique and beautiful and so is the backglass. One other thing is that when the game is turned on the colored inserts give a nice blend of color the the playfield, and when the game is off it just looks bad ass!
The game as a whole package is stunning with the embossed chrome decals, the hands on the side and front of the cabinet look like chromed metal.. you have to see it!

By the way got my Medisynil mod BRK casket & Gonks house yesterday.. see pics

IMG_0639 (resized).jpegIMG_0639 (resized).jpegIMG_0640 (resized).jpegIMG_0640 (resized).jpeg

#17311 3 months ago

I feel like this would be a wicked way to light up the back door sign. Does anyone know how to wire it to the game? There's a 5-12 V option.
https://evandesigns.com/products/lightning-create-a-realistic-storm-in-your-miniature-land?variant=39715105308720

#17312 3 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m curious if your distributor got back with you on this issue, I also have a BRK and I cannot get the glass clean, it’s almost like some kind of weird water spotting that causes distortion when the light shines through it. I used a microfiber cloth and the recommended glass cleaner that Stern says to use many times, and it does not come off. Its like I can almost feel a roughness in the glass when I clean it. The game that is sitting beside BRK has invisa glass on it, and it is crystal clear.

I have Stern HD, Invisa and Voodoo glass; the Stern glass is the lowest quality of the 3. I can tell the difference but no water spotting (so to speak) on mine. I did have the screws scratch the glass on shipment and Stern did send me a new sheet.

#17313 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have Stern HD, Invisa and Voodoo glass; the Stern glass is the lowest quality of the 3. I can tell the difference but no water spotting (so to speak) on mine. I did have the screws scratch the glass on shipment and Stern did send me a new sheet.

Yeah, mine looks almost like the build up you would get on a glass shower door if you had hard water/minerals in your water. Did you contact Stern directly or go through your distributor?

#17314 3 months ago

Yeah, mine looks almost like the build up you would get on a glass shower door if you had hard water/minerals in your water. Did you contact Stern directly or go through your distributor?

Directly

#17315 3 months ago

Alright.

Fun problem:

Was in House Party multiball, went down to 1 ball and was still in house party multiball. Ball ends... Still in house party multiball. Ball search, no balls found. Power off the game.

Remove glass, check that all 6 balls are in the trough, they are. Power back the game on, try and start a game, ball search......

Changed the 6 balls for new balls, same thing, try and start a game, ball search...

Maybe the through is not registering? Check the switches and can see the 6 trough switch.

Any idea/help would be appreciated.

Not sure why it started doing that all of the sudden.

#17316 3 months ago

I’ve had a couple random ball searches too on power up with everything in the trough eventually starts a game. Connections seem fine too.

No house party problems though.

#17317 3 months ago

Update, reseated all the trough connectors and restarted the game, started working... tested and got House party again and Gappa and all acted normally.

#17318 3 months ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Mylar or you can try this route:

Thanks very much!

#17319 3 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Can you make the back door shot? Make sure that is doable before messing with other things. Raising the left corner a little changes the game play considerably.

Thanks - I have messed with the levelers a bunch but can't get a smooth orbit. I think the fix in the video is the approach... move the guide out a little and add some rubber to the post. I'll start there.

I have made the back door skill shot a few times and I can make it from the left orbit when it's lit. Upward shots are not a problem. it's when it's coming back down the left side that it's super risky.

#17320 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ramp adjustment is super easy , loosen 2 nuts from the bottom and pull ramp inwards and tighten. on the original run of le and early premiums, the ramp was not adjustable. So mylar is the only option that worked for me.

I haven't seen the problems with the ramp return. I can make both ramps smoothly. Just that pesky left orbit return that is a hassle.

#17321 3 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Couple pieces of Mylar at the end of the guide is all it takes. 5 minutes

that makes sense. fatten it up a bit. I'm going to try moving the ball guide and adding some rubber to the post but if it's not enough I'll add the mylar. Smart!

#17322 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I just got BKR. It's a beauty. Invisa-glass or whatever they call it is included. The cab is unbelievable. Never seen a NIB have the cab wrapped in plastic like that. Even WOZ wasn't wrapped like that. My boys (18 +21) love the artwork Wife note so much but whatever... You got to see the cab in person to really appreciate it. The shooter is ok. Mine isn't great with it's precision but looks cool.

The playfield has the same bling effect as the cab. You really got to see it. I've never seen that 2-tone metal shiny effect in a pinball before. I'm super happy - and it's hard! If you own it and play it everyday... you don't want it too be easy. I love it. I traded in a Wonka LE + cash for it and I don't have a regret.

My only complaint is the topper should be included for the price. Or at least a 50% off coupon. 1K for a topper??? c'mon. I mean I want it but for 1k NFW.

Happy to facetime or whatever to take you through the game if you don't have access to a floor model. Just PM me

#17323 3 months ago

I’ve had both and I love the Black, white and Red sparkle playfield, it is unique and beautiful and so is the backglass. One other thing is that when the game is turned on the colored inserts give a nice blend of color the the playfield, and when the game is off it just looks bad ass!
The game as a whole package is stunning with the embossed chrome decals, the hands on the side and front of the cabinet look like chromed metal.. you have to see it!
By the way got my Medisynil mod BRK casket & Gonks house yesterday.. see pics
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look they belong. Where did you get those mods? Very tasteful.

#17324 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I haven't seen the problems with the ramp return. I can make both ramps smoothly. Just that pesky left orbit return that is a hassle.

Shoot, meant guide, won't let me edit now. But this is fix for left guide rail.

#17325 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I had a similar problem. I used very tight nit microfiber rags and windex vinegar. It took a lot of pressure. I mean a lot! Make sure the last rag is clean and dry and push like a SOB. Mine came clean but be careful not to scratch with that amount of pressure. No foreign objects in the rag. Shake / Whip it out with every stroke.

https://www.amazon.com/Rag-Company-Waffle-Weave-Microfiber-Detailing/dp/B074LXZYF7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#17326 3 months ago

BTW: I think this is the coolest owners club I've seen so far. Just reading the backlog of posts... I'm glad to be in "the club"

O O
>
\___/

#17327 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

BTW: I think this is the coolest owners club I've seen so far. Just reading the backlog of posts... I'm glad to be in "the club"
O O
>
\___/

Agree, not any sniping going on here. Good people!

#17328 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

that makes sense. fatten it up a bit. I'm going to try moving the ball guide and adding some rubber to the post but if it's not enough I'll add the mylar. Smart!

I messed a lot with the ball guide and rubber but it kept moving back. Highly recommend just adding one small strip of mylar to the end of the ramp guide (or in my case duct tape as I didn't have any mylar). Works perfectly and done in seconds!

#17329 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Those look they belong. Where did you get those mods? Very tasteful.

I appreciate your interest.

With ~550 on waitlists between Elvira and STh, know it will be a very long wait, but a thread post in the mod thread gets you on the requested list (note color or BRK).

BRK list closes on Jan. 9th. No overflow list will be made for that one, so that date will be the last chance. Standard color set has an overflow list.

No commitment to be on a list (can be removed at any time, and no funds taken until close to shipping).

More information in the mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/32#post-7953973

#17330 3 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I messed a lot with the ball guide and rubber but it kept moving back. Highly recommend just adding one small strip of mylar to the end of the ramp guide (or in my case duct tape as I didn't have any mylar). Works perfectly and done in seconds!

Quoted from JayLar:

I’ve been thinking about this for the last hour and I think you are right. It’s quick and easy and permanent. It probably also helps with the lock release. This is my new plan.

Thanks! Saved me a ton!

#17331 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

You got to see the cab in person to really appreciate it. The shooter is ok. Mine isn't great with it's precision but looks cool.

I am keeping the dagger shooter tucked away and am going with this one for daily use on BRK..

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1356-pinball-shark/08615-deep-red-metallic-custom-shooter-rod

IMG_0738 (resized).jpegIMG_0738 (resized).jpeg
#17332 3 months ago

That red ball looks nice. I dislike shaped shooters, makes skill plunging harder than it needs to be.

#17333 3 months ago

I am keeping the dagger shooter tucked away and am going with this one for daily use on BRK..
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1356-pinball-shark/08615-deep-red-metallic-custom-shooter-rod
[quoted image]

I put the deep red metallic ball shooter, and red start button on mine. Watch the length of that red ball shooter. The one I received was slightly longer than the factory shooter. I needed to use a Leg bolt washer to get the right feel. I will swap out the white washer for a darker color once I get one with my next parts order.

0D3A93BF-43AF-418E-B800-CCA90F71862B (resized).jpeg0D3A93BF-43AF-418E-B800-CCA90F71862B (resized).jpegBC534826-9FAF-43DB-81F7-ACE083B69B68 (resized).jpegBC534826-9FAF-43DB-81F7-ACE083B69B68 (resized).jpeg
#17334 3 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I feel like this would be a wicked way to light up the back door sign. Does anyone know how to wire it to the game? There's a 5-12 V option.
https://evandesigns.com/products/lightning-create-a-realistic-storm-in-your-miniature-land?variant=39715105308720

I really like this and ordered one. Can someone help us out how to connect it to the game? I guess it would work to connect it to the GI which is 5 volts?

#17335 3 months ago

He's getting back to me. I'll keep ya'll updated as (if) things progress to solution.

#17336 3 months ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

He's getting back to me. I'll keep ya'll updated as (if) things progress to solution.

Mine was like this too. It will come clean it takes some elbow power.

#17337 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I had a similar problem. I used very tight nit microfiber rags and windex vinegar. It took a lot of pressure. I mean a lot! Make sure the last rag is clean and dry and push like a SOB. Mine came clean but be careful not to scratch with that amount of pressure. No foreign objects in the rag. Shake / Whip it out with every stroke.
https://www.amazon.com/Rag-Company-Waffle-Weave-Microfiber-Detailing/dp/B074LXZYF7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

I tried to clean mine before Stern sent out a replacement and it would not come clean. I was told the glass has a special coating on it so I was afraid to scrub too vigorously as I did not want to remove that coating.

#17338 3 months ago

Has anyone else ordered the Elvira dust cover? I received mine and I’m curious if others see something similar. Unlike the other sets dare stern dust covers, which fit the machines perfectly on the glass between the channels, Elvira is larger and is not aligned with the glass. I can’t fathom why stern would have changed the dimension, unless they enlarged their cab design slightly? Does anyone else have one of these and does yours fit?

#17339 3 months ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Has anyone else ordered the Elvira dust cover? I received mine and I’m curious if others see something similar. Unlike the other sets dare stern dust covers, which fit the machines perfectly on the glass between the channels, Elvira is larger and is not aligned with the glass. I can’t fathom why stern would have changed the dimension, unless they enlarged their cab design slightly? Does anyone else have one of these and does yours fit?

Nope, mine is a little too large. The back is a lot grippier than the other Stern covers too...

Sucks that it's an official Stern accessory and it's a little off.

#17340 3 months ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Nope, mine is a little too large. The back is a lot grippier than the other Stern covers too...
Sucks that it's an official Stern accessory and it's a little off.

Ya bummer. I’m not even sure I will use this cover now. Why would they change the size so that it doesn’t fit within the space? Bizarre.

#17341 3 months ago

Elvira HOH cellar kickout, so works good with 1 ball to cellar kickout however during multiball it doesnt like 2 balls in cellar at same time keeps hanging up. So is there something causing that to happen or is it just the 2 balls in cellar causing the problem? Im an amateur at repair, ive watched video on removing the house... Havent done that just yet to see if theres an issue inside but wanted to ask before I just start disassembling things.

#17342 3 months ago

I change the led in the trunk from white to red. I like it.

#17343 3 months ago

Those dust covers seem like a bad idea IMO. If you get something under them and they rub against the glass, it could scratch it. Just my opinion but maybe they work well.

#17344 3 months ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Ya bummer. I’m not even sure I will use this cover now. Why would they change the size so that it doesn’t fit within the space? Bizarre.

I showed my son and he said it's probably larger cause they had to fit her boobs on there.

I raised him well. Critical thinking skills AND appreciation of boobies!

#17345 3 months ago

Hi Guys:

I'm pretty new to this game and have a question.

When does the cellar ramp go up and for how long??

I'm not too familiar with the rules, so when wildly bashing the ball around, the cellar ramp will sometimes lift up but only stays up for 3 or 4 seconds. Is this normal?

Thank you for your help.

Roger

#17346 3 months ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
I'm pretty new to this game and have a question.
When does the cellar ramp go up and for how long??
I'm not too familiar with the rules, so when wildly bashing the ball around, the cellar ramp will sometimes lift up but only stays up for 3 or 4 seconds. Is this normal?
Thank you for your help.
Roger

Im not exactly sure on time but it is just a few seconds, however theres time for it to spit ball out, and if you hit it right goes right back in, during multiball doesnt seem to take much to get 2 in there before it goes back down.

#17347 3 months ago

Anyone know who sells this black and white camper?

IMG_0772 (resized).jpegIMG_0772 (resized).jpeg
#17348 3 months ago

[quoted image]

DM Mageek

#17349 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I had this same problem with mine right out of the box, it is the sensor above the trunk not aligned with the bottom one. Easy fix usually. I can send you the instructions Greg bone sent me if you pm me.

Hi

Can you tell me more about the trunk kicker problem?
Mine kicks repeatedly up to 30 secs

V/r
Sven

#17350 3 months ago

[quoted image]

He’s got a couple versions and they’re fantastic. Mine had the glitter red! It’s sparkles super back there.
Order now!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.