20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freegame450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3572 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Has anyone seen this problem yet? Was trying to search for scoring problems/issues before posting this but could not find anything. All switches test fine. I launch the ball and scoring and VDU go crazy. It will settle down for a while and then go nuts again. Happened after last upgrade. I re-installed the upgrade and no change. Bad node board?

Recently joined the club. I had the same problem as above. Noticed others on this thread talking about issues with the right ramp opto next to the crypt. I removed my right ramp and found the opto to be securely tight in place, but substantially out of alignment with the holes in the ramp that the opto looks through. See pics. I can’t believe that this sort of stuff gets put on new machines. Easiest fix for me was to make the sight holes a little bigger so the opto could do its job. Factory hole size was approx. 3/16” dia. I carefully opened them up to 5/16” dia. Now all is GOOD and LOVING my new toy.

C85E77BB-C3CD-467B-9356-B8E591A20B8C (resized).jpegC85E77BB-C3CD-467B-9356-B8E591A20B8C (resized).jpegCBB199C2-9E69-4334-AEBB-954DEF61C563 (resized).jpegCBB199C2-9E69-4334-AEBB-954DEF61C563 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3673 3 years ago
Quoted from AncasterStan:

We acquired our Elvira pin about a month ago to help break up the Covid monotony of being stuck at home. Downloaded the newest Update a few days ago and I have to say it is one of the best pinball updates I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing...wow! My only glitch that I've experienced with this pin is whacky scoring when starting the "Unhappy Hour" mode. The score goes up to the hundreds of millions within seconds whenever the ball gets bounced around the top bumpers. Curiously, this occurred regularly when we first acquired the pin but since the latest update was installed this only happens about every tenth game or so. Anyone else experience this? Could it be a sensor issue?

Yes, had the same problem. See my post #3572 on this thread for details of my fix.

3 months later
#5518 3 years ago

OMG. The end of the game trailers are unique awesomeness.
Fantastic code update!

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The DJ Mixer feature is friggin awesome!!

Agreed, DJ mixer is friggin awesome. Need to make this a standard feature on every pin

1 month later
#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I am having a major issue with balls getting stuck in the garage. I had the original gate that balls get stuck behind. That was the cause of the problem I thought. I just replaced that Saturday and finally thought my garage would work. I was saddened to find out balls continue to get stuck in the garage. Often two or three balls stay in there instead of releasing and just counting the ball toward multiball. Then they all come out at once when the lost ball search finally runs four times and releases all the locks. The balls definitely are not getting stuck behind the gate anymore and I am certain there is no debris blocking the exit. I’ve tested the garage post and it fires every time I test it. Has anyone else had this problem? So depressing I’ve have my LE for a year and have only been able to play it for a month. It was down for six months while I waited for a new opto for the right ramp while we had the Covid shutdown. I’ve got an email into Pablo at Stern but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if and/or how you fixed it. I’m thinking it’s an issue with the garage post not dropping when it’s supposed to. Thanks.

It sounds like your machine does not know that there are pinballs in the garage. Have you tried going into switch test to see if the ball lock opto switches are working?
Go to diagnostics, enter switch test, glass off and coin door closed. Then feed a ball into the garage by hand. You should be able to hear and see the optos activate on the display, then the lock post solenoid will fire and ball will release automatically.

#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I tested everything. The garage lock post works. The optos work and the gate is fine. It seems that balls stay in the garage until three are inside. I think it is supposed to release the balls after they register and not hold them in the garage. When it holds balls in there, the optos only seem to register the first two. The third ball must be too far back from the opto to register or something but three balls are sitting in there and not coming out and it’s actually even worse than before I replaced the gate. Seems so weird especially if no one else is having this issue.

You stated that the optos only register the first two balls. The third Opto must also register. Otherwise the machine does not know that the third ball is there. I am thinking that it is likely a faulty or misaligned opto set for the third ball.
You may have to disassemble as the previous poster has stated. Could be something as simple as a loose Opto.

For your reference, as per the manual:
Switch 39 is garage lock Opto 1
Switch 40 is garage lock Opto 2
Switch 41 is garage lock Opto 3

2 weeks later
#6221 3 years ago

Sitting here watching “Santa Claus Conquers the Martians” for my very first time.
Let’s just say it is uniquely different !
I found the movie playing for free on Tubi

Merry Christmas Pinsiders

3 weeks later
#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Keep the protector. Impact on game play is a myth (perhaps fueled by the older/thicker protectors).
Change out the coil stops. Stern seems to have a limitless supply of crappy ones.

Fully agree on keeping the PF protector. I have a protector on my machine and it plays great.

Protectors may make other titles play different, but not EHOH in my opinion.

4 months later
#9004 2 years ago

Hi Everyone, new EHoH Premium owner here. Happy to finally be in the club! Mine is NIB and is having two issues right away. Randomly the game is awarding massive jackpots even with the ball cradled, doing nothing. It makes the same sound effect like a swoosh, and shows two zombie arms toasting martinis or something on the screen with each jackpot. Massive jackpots with that animation over and over like in a feedback loop. I’ve updated the code again just to see if it was a bad install from the factory. But the problem still is happening. Maybe some opto repeat triggering related to whatever mode/jackpot that is? Also getting some auto launches randomly with the ball in the shooter lane when the jackpot thing starts happening. Any insight on this and/or what mode or switch is related to that animation with the zombie arms would be greatly appreciated.

Myself and others on this thread had the same problem with “Unhappy Hour” mode starting and awarding crazy points for no reason. On my machine the problem was the right ramp opto. See my post #3572 for more info and potential remedy of your problem.

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Hi Everyone, new EHoH Premium owner here. Happy to finally be in the club! Mine is NIB and is having two issues right away. Randomly the game is awarding massive jackpots even with the ball cradled, doing nothing. It makes the same sound effect like a swoosh, and shows two zombie arms toasting martinis or something on the screen with each jackpot. Massive jackpots with that animation over and over like in a feedback loop. I’ve updated the code again just to see if it was a bad install from the factory. But the problem still is happening. Maybe some opto repeat triggering related to whatever mode/jackpot that is? Also getting some auto launches randomly with the ball in the shooter lane when the jackpot thing starts happening. Any insight on this and/or what mode or switch is related to that animation with the zombie arms would be greatly appreciated.

Thx for the help, folks!
[quoted image]

Myself and others on this thread had the same issue with “UnHappy Hour” mode starting and racking up big points for no reason. On my machine the right ramp opto was causing the problem. See my post number 3572 for more details and potential fix for your EHOH

#9014 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Checked out your post #3572. So, how did you make the hole bigger? Dremel tool or something? I feel a little skittish about drilling holes in my ramps. But seems like a fix Stern should have addressed.

I made the holes larger with a standard drill bit on a cordless drill. You just need to be cautious with regard to speed and pressure on the drill while making sure that you have a FIRM hold of the ramp. It really is easy to do once the ramp is off the machine.

1 month later
#9364 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any idea why this would cause the constant scoring thing while in the Tiki mode? I can understand how what you're saying would cause the multiple triggers on the ramp hit, but not sure why Tiki mode explodes with points and then the constant scoring stops when the mode ends.

See my post #3572. It may help solve your problem.

5 months later
#10424 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Alright HOH crew,
This is what I noticed that’s happening when “Un-happy hour” mode starts on my game.
Every single time I flip the flippers during that mode it registers on the screen as if I made a ramp jackpot shot even if I didn't shoot a ramp shot or even hit the ball.
So the faster I hit the buttons the faster ghost hits register, and points are added to the screen as the glasses keep clinging together. (it's tied to the flipper buttons somehow).
I knew this sounds strange but I'm guessing this is some type of wiring issue.
Any insight regarding this issue will be appreciated
I may try to reinstall the firmware, the game worked fine for months then this started happening a few weeks ago.

See my post number 3572. May help with your problem.
I have had zero un-happy hour issues ever since.

10 months later
#12057 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Looking for some advice on setup. Right now I don’t really like my Elvira because everything seems to drain too easy (bounces off slings, gargoyles, etc. all seem to get pulled like magnets to the outlanes or sdtm. Is this normal? I’m not a great pinball player, but this seems worse than any game I own and I hadn’t really seen anyone mentioning this so I thought maybe the setup on this one is really sensitive to pitch or something else...

It is your machine and you should set it to your liking.
You might consider lowering the slingshot coil power setting and/or moving the outline posts to their lowest position.
I find that making backhand shots whenever possible results in fewer balls bouncing back sdtm.
I love my EHOH and plan to keep it for a long time to come.

10 months later
#15781 6 months ago
Quoted from dany1971:

I can't find where this piece is coming from, have you any idea?

Ramp protector from left side of right ramp entrance.

94E26CD2-29F4-423B-B739-EE908D520401 (resized).jpeg94E26CD2-29F4-423B-B739-EE908D520401 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#16401 4 months ago

Holy mackerel. Number 73 has landed. I am blown away at the beauty of this machine. It is stunning…….and I haven’t even turned it on yet.

IMG_5413 (resized).jpegIMG_5413 (resized).jpegIMG_5415 (resized).jpegIMG_5415 (resized).jpegIMG_5417 (resized).jpegIMG_5417 (resized).jpegIMG_5418 (resized).jpegIMG_5418 (resized).jpegIMG_5419 (resized).jpegIMG_5419 (resized).jpegIMG_5420 (resized).jpegIMG_5420 (resized).jpeg
#16424 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

As for those receiving their BRK edition, I am very curious to hear if Stern has them dialed in a little bit better than the last round of premiums that they ran which had a lot of QC issues.

Still same issues on mine. Ball rejects from clean house shot, house ramp flap catching/hanging on crimped gargoyle pivot pin, erratic VUK. This is my second time around, so I know how to make the fixes…….not a big deal. The cabinet and playfield are PERFECT, and that is what is most important to me.

I took the ugly steel fender washers off the sling shots and replaced with clear. Not using the dagger shooter rod…..put on a nice dark red ball shooter. Will put the topper on next week when I return from out of town.

So happy that I was able to buy the BRK edition, it is friggin gorgeous !

#16447 4 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Do you have Cliff notes on how to dial in the VUK? Or can point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

Aligning subway as CoolCat pointed out is the best thing to do. I also ground a slight dish shape into the end of the plunger tip. Not sure how important that really is, but can’t hurt.

1 week later
#16621 4 months ago

I couldn’t control myself and decided to put a little more red on the upper right play field area of my BRK edition.

35301025-C461-4CBE-877B-4AB410016321 (resized).jpeg35301025-C461-4CBE-877B-4AB410016321 (resized).jpegC75A11EA-6CDC-44F6-84B6-246758D000F6 (resized).jpegC75A11EA-6CDC-44F6-84B6-246758D000F6 (resized).jpeg
#16630 4 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

freegame450 what do you use attach her?

I cut a flat piece of plastic off of an old scrap ramp. Size of flat clear plastic is roughly 3/4” x 2-1/4”. You can see it in this photo.
Rounded 1 end and drilled a hole to mount on top of post above right pop bumper.
Drilled a hole in the other end of clear plastic which overhangs the right orbit about 3/4”. Then drilled a small pilot hole into the base(feet) of the Elvira figure. Used a pan head wood screw to attach her to the clear plastic.
Did not have to touch the existing playfield plastic at all, and is totally reversible if I want to remove her at a later time.

EE26E153-70EE-4BAE-A1F5-D782E7E1ACE0 (resized).jpegEE26E153-70EE-4BAE-A1F5-D782E7E1ACE0 (resized).jpeg
#16642 4 months ago

I believe the correct email address is:

[email protected]

I wish they would make the locked room haunts player selectable using the flipper buttons and lockdown bar button, similar to how you select which monster to battle on Godzilla pinball.

#16661 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

BRK number 87 just landed, just in time for Thanksgiving
[quoted image]

HAPPY Thanksgiving for sure.

#16687 4 months ago

Pinballers is correct. Campy Camper mod is made by Mageek.

#16764 4 months ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Grey and White Elvira crate with green zombies being made up .
Contact me if interested.
[quoted image]

Great mod made by @Vimtoman. I bought one about a year ago for my EHOH Prem. Transferred it to my BRK edition today.
The mod would also look great with red lighting inside the crate……..might have see if I can make the change from green to red.

CD312BEB-7A9D-48A0-8EEA-D68BA670F0CA (resized).jpegCD312BEB-7A9D-48A0-8EEA-D68BA670F0CA (resized).jpegF76B7C39-B86B-4388-9D92-EFEF078931BC (resized).jpegF76B7C39-B86B-4388-9D92-EFEF078931BC (resized).jpeg
#16769 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea I've adjusted it several times and despite how tight I make the screw holding the bracket, strong ball hits over time tend to move it because they changed it to the sliding type of connector.

I put a small piece of this double sided mounting tape in between the guide hold down bracket and the playfield last weekend, and tightened the screw very firmly. Ball guide has stayed in place so far, but need to play more games to be sure.

8B57D9A3-1EF6-4C00-89F5-A461EEC84BBF (resized).jpeg8B57D9A3-1EF6-4C00-89F5-A461EEC84BBF (resized).jpeg
#16777 4 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Green light still suits the BRK edition as the playfield is full of green lights, and red may wash out the contrast/detail of the red zombie tongue (though I'm sure would still look good overall).
And indeed, Andrew's mods are excellent (still loving the crate in my TWD).

You are 100% correct. I tried the red light color and the zombie details were too washed out. Went back to the Green which does accent nicely with the green play field inserts.

#16894 3 months ago
Quoted from PeteLawtPin:Does anyone have the problem where the ball is stuck in the house after being released and then it hast to go through a ball search for it to drop out? Is there an adjustment somewhere I can find? Should change the pitch of the cabinet to help the ball roll out? I appreciate anyone's help or ideas. Cheers

The Ball might be getting hung up in the black plastic house lock subway that is behind the backboard. If you are playing, and a ball gets stuck in the house, then look behind the house on the right side. You should be able to see the small opening where the ball drops onto the playfield from behind the backboard. (use a flashlight if needed) If the ball is hanging up on the end of the lock plunger tip, you will likely be able to see it back there. The lock plunger coil has a little bit of wiggle to it if you loosen up the mounting screws and can usually raise the coil just enough so that the ball clears more easily. Best way to access the subway and lock coil is by having the black of the playfield lifted up on playfield jacks. Make sure that the lock plunger is able to move freely.

#16897 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The one thing I did want to ask others here is with the back door skill shot. On other games I have hit that shot no problem in the past but with mine it is incredibly hard to do, I haven't made it once so far! I have come close several times to doing it but have yet to make that shot once on my machine. I mean maybe it is a pitch issue but how difficult should it be to hit that shot?

The back door skill shot on my BRK is definitely harder to make than my EHOH premium that was built July, 2020.
I raised the left rear corner of the new machine and can now make the shot roughly 1 out 20 attempts. I remember that the skill shot was pretty difficult on my premium when it was new, and it “seemed” to get easier as I put more plays on it. I am hoping that my BRK skill shot just needs a little more time to “break in”.

#16938 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah. I am not sure if it just mine or all of them? Does anyone else have this build date?

My BRK was came off the line on Nov. 2, but my Scared Stiff was built on Oct. 31, 1996. It would have been awesome if they were both built on Halloween.

#16993 3 months ago

My 3 year old EHOH premium and new BRK edition both have good left orbit shots fall into the back door more often than would be expected. I never really looked into it……….not sure what causes it to happen.

1 week later
#17116 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Got mine perfectly level now and it rarely goes in but it plays so much better. I agree the ball just has to trickel in for you to make it. I thought about playing around with a soft velcro tape back there that may slow the ball down slightly? I'm not buying no $35 mod for this problem.

I decided to put your Velcro idea to the test. Added about 1 inch of soft side Velcro to the left end of the skill shot ball guide, and I am happy to report the change is a great success. Now the skill shot on my BRK edition is just like my three year old premium EHOH. The skill shot is certainly not easy, but is now much more likely to be made with the proper ball plunge. The Velcro deadens the ball bounce and speed on the guide just enough to make a difference. Thanks for the idea !

8241F6DA-BBE7-47CA-B4F0-2EE399923A75 (resized).jpeg8241F6DA-BBE7-47CA-B4F0-2EE399923A75 (resized).jpeg
#17117 3 months ago

On another note, I bought some spare flipper bats for my scared stiff nearly 20 years ago, finally got to put them to use on the new BRK. I like them a lot. Before and after pics.

IMG_5521 (resized).jpegIMG_5521 (resized).jpegIMG_5528 (resized).jpegIMG_5528 (resized).jpegIMG_5531 (resized).jpegIMG_5531 (resized).jpeg
#17146 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I noticed last night that when my ramp went up and down that it had the perfect interference from my right Gargoyle, like a little landing pad for the ramp flap. It can also interfere with the left one as well although I've only had it hang up on the right one so far. Has anyone filed a liitle off these or what's the best solution? Maybe a drop of super glue to hold it all the way over in place to where it's not interfering?
Thx
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yup, had that happen on mine. Filed down the end of the crimped pin a little bit. All good now.

#17157 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Kinda figured that was the answer but wanted to ask first. Did you remove them or file them as they sat?
Thanks for your reply and if anyone else has any ideas, please chime in.

I laid a cloth on the playfield and carefully filed the crimped end as it sat.

#17173 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

What did you use to flatten out the ends again, vice grips or something?
Can you post a picture of yours?

I did not need to re-crimp the end.
The right side pin looked like the left side pin prior to filing.

393BBCF5-45E0-4CBF-B869-9CD5143666FA (resized).jpeg393BBCF5-45E0-4CBF-B869-9CD5143666FA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#17306 84 days ago

^^^^ This worked for me. ^^^^
Amazing that some mylar changes the ball path just enough to make it right.

#17333 83 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am keeping the dagger shooter tucked away and am going with this one for daily use on BRK..
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1356-pinball-shark/08615-deep-red-metallic-custom-shooter-rod
[quoted image]

I put the deep red metallic ball shooter, and red start button on mine. Watch the length of that red ball shooter. The one I received was slightly longer than the factory shooter. I needed to use a Leg bolt washer to get the right feel. I will swap out the white washer for a darker color once I get one with my next parts order.

0D3A93BF-43AF-418E-B800-CCA90F71862B (resized).jpeg0D3A93BF-43AF-418E-B800-CCA90F71862B (resized).jpegBC534826-9FAF-43DB-81F7-ACE083B69B68 (resized).jpegBC534826-9FAF-43DB-81F7-ACE083B69B68 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#17565 64 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Honestly though, I'm starting to think shooter lane protection is not needed as long as you put a piece of mylar in the lane and turn your eject power down to the point where it has just enough power to eject the ball correctly. That's what I did on my Foo Fighters and my shooter lane shows zero wear after hundreds of games.

^^^^ Exactly what I have been doing the past few years ^^^^
It is all that needs to be done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
11,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freegame450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=freegame450 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.