SkullGroove_C (resized).jpg
Skull Before Disassembly_C (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240519_093933_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3454(1) (resized).jpg
IMG_3425 (resized).jpg
IMG_3466 (resized).jpg
IMG_3463 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 368.
#18101 37 days ago

Been fighting BRK since I brought home, finally got a new diverter motor. Quite often now, the diverter will either cycle continuously, or stop in the lower position, making it impossible to start a haunt from the front. A back door shot will start. Any ideas? Also will not let gappa advance past first ball. It locks it, then seems to lose it, will not advance after ball search, shaking, etc.

#18102 37 days ago
Quoted from PinFascination:

Nice red insider connect too, I think I might do the same, where did you get that one?

Pinball Life includes a set of colored windows with the IC coindoor kit. I put the kit on my earlier build non-IC JP & DP…and then used my spare windows on other games! Elvira BRK got a red, Rush LE got teal, and Foo LE got purple.

IMG_2879.jpegIMG_2879.jpegIMG_2887.jpegIMG_2887.jpegIMG_2892.jpegIMG_2892.jpegIMG_2890.jpegIMG_2890.jpegIMG_3663.jpegIMG_3663.jpeg
#18103 37 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinball Life includes a set of colored windows with the IC coindoor kit. I put the kit on my earlier build non-IC JP & DP…and then used my spare windows on other games! Elvira BRK got a red, Rush LE got teal, and Foo LE got purple.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is very cool! Is it the hard plastic that's colored and you replace or is it like a colored film you put in front/behind of the plastic. Would love to do something like this on the IC units on the aprons. Seeing if there's a DIY way to do it. Doesn't appear pinball life sells just the colored pieces.

#18104 37 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinball Life includes a set of colored windows with the IC coindoor kit. I put the kit on my earlier build non-IC JP & DP…and then used my spare windows on other games! Elvira BRK got a red, Rush LE got teal, and Foo LE got purple.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those looks really nice.

#18105 37 days ago
Quoted from toaster777:

That is very cool! Is it the hard plastic that's colored and you replace or is it like a colored film you put in front/behind of the plastic. Would love to do something like this on the IC units on the aprons. Seeing if there's a DIY way to do it. Doesn't appear pinball life sells just the colored pieces.

They really should sell the color windows. They’re nice thick pre-drilled replacements. If you have some colored film, that should work, too.

#18106 37 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They really should sell the color windows. They’re nice thick pre-drilled replacements. If you have some colored film, that should work, too.

Did something similar when I got mine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/343#postbox

#18107 37 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did something similar when I got mine:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/343#post-7932201

#18108 36 days ago
Quoted from DrHfuhruhurr:

That is my exact lineup! Except for Bond, but I'm eyeing it hard for my 4th. Nice seeing these pins all together at someone else's house, too!

That makes 3 of us! Same 4 pins just a different order.

#18109 35 days ago

Elvira Premium’s are on the line today I’m getting closer for to come home oh yeah.

#18110 35 days ago

What's your favorite haunt and why?

I think I like "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" the most because it has some pretty great scenes and dialogue. I believe it also has the most shots out of all the haunts, especially during the second chapter. Lyman purposely made this one really long, so enjoy it! (Yes, the video assets have an issue, but that will be fixed).

Dr: "Do I look like a maniac that goes around killing people?"

Elvira: "Yes you do!"

Rob

#18111 34 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think I like "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" the most because it has some pretty great scenes and dialogue. I believe it also has the most shots out of all the haunts, especially during the second chapter. Lyman purposely made this one really long, so enjoy it! (Yes, the video assets have an issue, but that will be fixed).
Rob

This one is great and agreed “yes you do” cracks me up every time! I love the classic -night of the living dead - and it is a favorite! “They’re coming to get you Barbara!” Mastering the skeleton keys, and starting secret rooms is always an added treat too!

#18112 34 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

As a bonus all topper color correction orders including yours will now include the soon-to-be-released black, white and red cover for the seizure warning on the BRK apron. These will be available for $8 separately in a week or so. I couldn't handle the contrast of colors on the apron, so I had to make a seizure cover for this game![quoted image]

Received the topper and your color conversion kit today. I have to say that I am so glad I bought the BRK conversion color kit as it truly makes it blend in so much better with the BRK theme. I also moved the wires over to the Red LED leads so that it now lights up red instead of green.

I have not had a chance to put the seizure cover on yet, but it is of the same quality as the topper covers and highly recommended. It was a nice surprise to find it along with the topper color conversion kit.

IMG_6075 (resized).jpegIMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
#18113 34 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

That “Yes you do” clip is so great.

I love all the modes, and the clips and callouts in them are used so well.

I really like the risk/reward built into both Werewolf and TBTWD. In both modes you can try to keep hitting shots to get a ton more points or choose to move to the next phase of the mode. When pushing your luck in TBTWD you hear the “Oh no not that!!!” clip with each shot as you hit shots for scoring instead of advancing the haunt.

And at the start of TBTWD “This crew tips the creep factor at about a 50… out of 10.”

It’s all so well done in this game.

#18114 34 days ago

Speaking of clips, there is one that plays when "Drive Me Crazy" ends (I think) and it sounds very hillbilly. I have no idea what it is.

Rob

#18115 34 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Speaking of clips, there is one that plays when "Drive Me Crazy" ends (I think) and it sounds very hillbilly. I have no idea what it is.
Rob

I’ve wondered what that clip says too. Haven’t been able to figure it out.

#18116 33 days ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Received the topper and your color conversion kit today. I have to say that I am so glad I bought the BRK conversion color kit as it truly makes it blend in so much better with the BRK theme. I also moved the wires over to the Red LED leads so that it now lights up red instead of green.
I have not had a chance to put the seizure cover on yet, but it is of the same quality as the topper covers and highly recommended. It was a nice surprise to find it along with the topper color conversion kit. [quoted image]

How did you change the color over to red for the LEDs?

#18117 33 days ago

Following...

#18118 33 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I think Manster has the most shots. That haunt feels like it never ends. TBTWD is a fantastic haunt. Eegah is great to and a shame it is so hard to get to. I wish they would have made it the 1 or 2 key secret haunt.

#18119 33 days ago

You need to change the leads on the 2 boards that are located under each gargoyle on the topper. Each board has a red, green and blue solder point. Unsolder the lead from the green (factory) and solder it to the red on each of boards.

You can do this without removing the topper by removing each of the gargoyles. There are a total of 4 screws that will need to be removed from each of the gargoyles. 2 on top and 2 behind. After you have removed the screws you just need to unplug the connector. Once you have removed the gargoyle look under it and you will see some led boards. 2 of these boards have a red, green and blue solder point. You just need to unsolder the leads from the green point and solder it on the red point. Do this for all 4 boards and it will be red

#18120 33 days ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

You need to change the leads on the 2 boards that are located under each gargoyle on the topper. Each board has a red, green and blue solder point. Unsolder the lead from the green (factory) and solder it to the red on each of boards.
You can do this without removing the topper by removing each of the gargoyles. There are a total of 4 screws that will need to be removed from each of the gargoyles. 2 on top and 2 behind. After you have removed the screws you just need to unplug the connector. Once you have removed the gargoyle look under it and you will see some led boards. 2 of these boards have a red, green and blue solder point. You just need to unsolder the leads from the green point and solder it on the red point. Do this for all 4 boards and it will be red

Thank you for the detailed explanation, not sure that I want to go that far to changing it just yet as I’m still very novice, but will be sure to keep these notes for future reference.

One question though if they have the other colors are you sure those colors don’t come on with the code of the game at other points and if you remove this solder green it doesn’t mess it up for the future?

#18121 33 days ago

Thank you for the detailed explanation, not sure that I want to go that far to changing it just yet as I’m still very novice, but will be sure to keep these notes for future reference.
One question though if they have the other colors are you sure those colors don’t come on with the code of the game at other points and if you remove this solder green it doesn’t mess it up for the future?

This color change only takes place on the topper and is completely reversible. You would just move the leads back to the green.

#18122 33 days ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

This color change only takes place on the topper and is completely reversible. You would just move the leads back to the green.

Awesome! Thanks again! I might get ambitious and try, will post if I do!

Another question unrelated but related to the topper. My Scream pops up super fast and does not seem to stay up long enough to view. I saw it stay up once so far in game play and it was showstopper worthy! I thought I read something about a coil to fix this, any thoughts or anyone else have this problem?

#18123 32 days ago

Another question unrelated but related to the topper. My Scream pops up super fast and does not seem to stay up long enough to view. I saw it stay up once so far in game play and it was showstopper worthy! I thought I read something about a coil to fix this, any thoughts or anyone else have this problem?

Great question, as I just put my topper on and have not even seen it pop up yet. There is in fact a coil under the right gargoyle and that is what controls the pop up it seems. I need to go under the settings to see I there are any settings for the topper.....

#18124 32 days ago

Look at the topic index key posts for this thread near the top of each page. Go to the 2nd page in the topic index key posts and there are two posts which deal with the topper issues.

Gord

#18125 32 days ago

Brand new and never installed.

$250

PM
Thx

20240423_202941 (resized).jpg20240423_202941 (resized).jpg
#18126 32 days ago

Has there been any rumors about polishing up the Elvira code to create a more in-depth Wizard Mode? I'd love to add one to my collection, but the lack of a true final wizard mode has me on the fence.

#18127 32 days ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Has there been any rumors about polishing up the Elvira code to create a more in-depth Wizard Mode? I'd love to add one to my collection, but the lack of a true final wizard mode has me on the fence.

I doubt they will add anything like that to the game at this point. I think if we see anything else, it will just be a polish code but rest assured, everything else in the game is great up until that.

#18128 32 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Look at the topic index key posts for this thread near the top of each page. Go to the 2nd page in the topic index key posts and there are two posts which deal with the topper issues.
Gord

I did find some great post in the forum and bookmarked them to try and run those test to see if it works this place is a really great resource and has been very helpful - so thanks to everyone adding such value and being so supportive to us newbies

#18129 32 days ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

The lack of wizard mode does have some draw back but it has so many features that it does not feel lost or missing in the game. The possibility of having the power to add a wizard mode is still at least present, so if enough users ask maybe they will make it in the future, but doesn’t look like it will happen any time soon sadly. Might be better investment to buy now, beforehand, because if they do add it, I would only guess the value would significantly increase!

#18130 32 days ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

If the simple fact that the end of the game isn’t a full mode would truly bother you, then other games are definitely a better pick for you.

I wouldn’t guess any chance above 0% for a final mode to ever be added to it. It’s Lyman’s last full game, the code and rules were really well done as is, and I’d be disappointed if they made a big change to his work by adding a final wizard mode “just because”.

The game is a blast to play and not super easy to get through, and for me those are the most important things for a game.

Yes the final shot is a hurry up that is based on building up its value throughout the game instead of it being a full mode. But that ties it into the theme of the game, which is trying to sell the house for a good price.

You’ve built the value up during the game, and now you have one shot to maximize that potential sale price. So really the entire game can be thought of as one big multi-multi-multi step wizard mode with a final shot to cash out the build up value.

And the game still has a couple of my favorite mini wizard modes in any game with Gappa Angry and They Came From Space.

And Director’s Cut is a pretty good mini wizard mode also, and it’s cleverly done in the way it lets you earn the same points you got in the 4 completed modes. So it creates an element of game strategy for what modes you play, what order you play them, and how much you try to max out points during those modes.

None of those three mini wiz modes are located at the very end of the game, but for me that’s not important.

Bottom line, all I can say is I really like good modes and good wizard modes, and I love this game. It’s outlasted some games I really liked in my lineup and it would still be the last one to go out of the games I currently have.

#18131 32 days ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

They should have a bug fix that corrects some of the sounds from being distorted. Ever since the last update this has been an issue for people.

#18132 32 days ago
Quoted from hAbO:

They should have a bug fix that corrects some of the sounds from being distorting. Ever since the last update this has been an issue for people.

I 100% agree with this! I mean at the very least they should have addressed this within days after the last update IMO.

#18133 32 days ago
Quoted from hAbO:

They should have a bug fix that corrects some of the sounds from being distorting. Ever since the last update this has been an issue for people.

I have not experienced this on my LE, but I don't discount that it is affecting some people. Sometimes the distortion can be attributed to incorrect speaker settings which get flipped during an update (4ohm vs 8ohm).

Rob

#18134 32 days ago

Hi, everyone.

How are you?

I have returned to this thread as an owner. My first game presented so many dialing challenges that I gave up and sold it for a steep loss, but I never lost my interest in the game. So, when a chance came up to try a different example, I stepped up. My current game is behaving a little better but it is certainly in need of various adjustments.

Do any of you have a problem with stutter flips? (I don't know if "stutter" is a truly a pinball term, but I don't know the actual term for a partial flip from a trap for the purpose of a post pass.) My flipper just stays up as I attempt the stutter. I've checked all the usual suspects: EOS switch; flipper button switch; flipper return spring; flipper crank/cam. Everything looks in spec to me. I've owned a fistful of SPIKE2 games and was able to stutter on all of them except this one. Oh, I should mention that I can't micro flip - as I would need to for a tip pass.

#18135 31 days ago

Pin Stadium users: which flasher have you connected to? Scott’s recommendation is a pop bumper. I’m not sure I want *that* much flashing.

#18136 31 days ago

Just added this cool cover mod made by stlkevin02 near the left ramp and it sure beats the flat plastic piece that was there originally. Good price and shipped fast. Great job Kevin and thanks for the constant updates on order preparation.

IMG_0075 (resized).jpegIMG_0075 (resized).jpeg
#18137 30 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just added this cool cover mod made by stlkevin02 near the left ramp and it sure beats the flat plastic piece that was there originally. Good price and shipped fast. Great job Kevin and thanks for the constant updates on order preparation.
[quoted image]

Looks great!! Where did you get the names for the house modes?

#18138 30 days ago

Signed Elvira slot up and running Fun to play just like my Elvira LE

IMG_2528 (resized).jpegIMG_2528 (resized).jpegIMG_2545 (resized).jpegIMG_2545 (resized).jpegIMG_2546 (resized).jpegIMG_2546 (resized).jpeg
#18139 30 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

Signed Elvira slot up and running Fun to play just like my Elvira LE
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous!!

#18140 30 days ago

Man I can’t wait to get mine this week I’ve done bought several things for her oh yeah

#18141 30 days ago

If anyone if thinking about getting my Elvira Video Screen mod that plays the movie trailers, I'm doing pinfest Allentown special.

Orders between now and Allentown show will also include the back door skill shot sign mod with the apron mod. I will also be at Allentown show so you can pick it there to avoid the shipping cost.

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/05012-elvira-super-secret-back-door-neon-sign-mod

#18142 30 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

If anyone if thinking about getting my Elvira Video Screen mod that plays the movie trailers, I'm doing pinfest Allentown special.
Orders between now and Allentown show will also include the back door skill shot sign mod with the apron mod. I will also be at Allentown show so you can pick it there to avoid the shipping cost.
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/05012-elvira-super-secret-back-door-neon-sign-mod

Highly recommend! Love mine!

#18143 30 days ago

Finally got an opp. to install my mod from @stlkevin02, pretty BadAss especially for the price. Thanks dude keep ‘em coming……

24F31352-BC30-4A99-AD17-72D6F4DADD8C (resized).jpeg24F31352-BC30-4A99-AD17-72D6F4DADD8C (resized).jpegC464C7BD-7075-4D43-93D6-33656FCC2B63 (resized).jpegC464C7BD-7075-4D43-93D6-33656FCC2B63 (resized).jpeg
#18144 30 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Finally got an opp. to install my mod from @stlkevin02, pretty BadAss especially for the price. Thanks dude keep ‘em coming……
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that available somewhere? Pretty cool little detail.

#18145 30 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is that available somewhere? Pretty cool little detail.

Message stlkevin02

#18146 29 days ago

Looks great!! Where did you get the names for the house modes?

Thanks! I bought them from a pinsider who made the complete set for all of the windows. He stated he made them to help keep track of where the modes were located, but for the life of me I can’t remember who it was or how many he made.

However, I bet if you searched the thread I’m pretty sure he made a comment about it. Apologies for my bad memory, but they weren’t very expensive and fit great.

#18147 29 days ago

How bent is your Crypt VUK snout?
Mine tosses rainbows. I’m thinking it should point more horizontal. Am I mistaken?

IMG_3404 (resized).jpegIMG_3404 (resized).jpeg
#18148 29 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:How bent is your Crypt VUK snout?
Mine tosses rainbows. I’m thinking it should point more horizontal. Am I mistaken?
[quoted image]

It's fine, don't mess with it.

Rob

#18149 29 days ago
Quoted from toaster777:

I have the ones leftover from my Stranger Things install. I used the red but would never use the others. I can send them to you if I can find them.

CHris

#18150 29 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my Campy Camper mod installed this morning. I highly recommend it. The design is very good and it is easy to install.[quoted image]

Where you get this Mod it looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 65.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

9,250 (OBO)
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
J&K pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 368.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/363 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.