IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From where? That isn’t the case with current code and would be a departure from past titles where playfield features are the same.

Hardware is the same isn't it? I thought the only differences between the Premium and LE were cosmetic and speakers? I've heard they might give some extra code to the SLE buyers, but have wondered how they would keep people from just adding it to the other versions if they are all really the same in boards and playfield.

BTW, joining the club on Sunday, picking up a used premium. Any game specific issues I should check for?

#1759 4 years ago

Has anyone used the Retro Refurbs art blades? Got any pictures? How about the purple Stern ones?

#1814 4 years ago

Second day owning this machine and we already love it way more than we did our Alice Cooper. The code no doubt will come a long way while we waited 8 months for an update on Alice and it never came. As an MST3K fan I love all the old movie clips and my wife likes bad puns and innuendos so she's liking the humor.

#1826 4 years ago

Ordered a shaker, volume button, Medisinyl crypt and gargoyle, Retro Refurb side blades, cabinet flipper mylar.

She's going to be a beaut!

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Premium? Neil, I’m disappointed.
But, hey, at least you’re in the club ...

Other than the armor, I usually prefer premium in Stern myself. I like picking my side art. Saves quite a bit of dough for the same experience. I have a LE BK and I don't see much difference between it and my premiums.

I ordered the movie posters one. Grew up watching TNT monster nights and MST3K so the movies are my favorite part of the machine. Can't wait to see them all coded in.

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I made a modification the the VUK plunger and now it hits the trunk targets then ricochets and hits the hands of fate targets on every kick out.

That sounds like it's hitting really strong.

#1862 4 years ago

The turret on my house is slightly crooked. How do I adjust it?

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have issues where I now get rejects in the house ramp, seems as though the back diverter isn't rising like it used to.
Only happened a couple of times, not sure if hey made any changes to it, but I've never had rejects before like that. Anyone else experience this?

I had this twice yesterday also. It was a solid shot and kicked back out.

#1920 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I’d wager the missing call outs for backdoor skill shot is a bug and will get fixed.

Never underestimate Gary Stern's aversion to anything a really old man can even remotely consider obscene.

#2002 4 years ago

Loving the constant updates on my first Lyman game.

#2056 4 years ago

Before this last code update this never happened to me, but now it's happening quite often. I'll get it into the house to start a mode and the ball bounces back out. The mode starts, but when we stop to watch the scene, the ball pops out early and drains. Very annoying

1 week later
#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my premium all set up today. Adding some mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I'd love to know where you got those ramp mods and coffin mod. The flipper bats too. Those are sweet.

#2132 4 years ago

Are they just pieces from the original game?

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my premium all set up today. Adding some mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if it would be too much to do the Bony Beast mod and the Medisinyl crypt with the gargoyle too.

#2151 4 years ago

Link is broken now. They took them down. :/
Anywhere else to get them?

#2182 4 years ago

Stoked for more code, but really wish he'd fixed the issue with the front door rejecting shots. Did not happen to me until the last code and seems to be the same with several people.

#2210 4 years ago

Got to play it last night with a buddy, more movie clips and call outs! More light show. So nice. Still having too many rejections out of the front door.

#2212 4 years ago

I feel like a terrible player, I still haven't seen Gappa yet.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Kick it up to 5 balls per game for a little bit and reward yourself.
No one is watching!

But I'll know!

1 week later
#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

After I replaced the skill shot fix brackets and bent the spring steel on the one-way gate in the Garage, my rejects (like this) went down. I'm not sure which of the two changes made the difference.

Mine has only done it since two code updates ago, when others started to complain of the same.

#2393 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Recently joined the club with a premium and my build date is 12/27. I'm not sure if I have a "ball guide" issue or not. When I try the back door skill shot, I am able to drop it in the hole behind the house/garage and it comes out the cellar, but nothing registers that the skill shot was made. Any ideas?
Thanks

I read that if you were built after late October you are fine.

#2416 4 years ago

I can make it, just not with any consistency. I've ordered the part so I can at least compare and see if I've already got it or not.

2 weeks later
#2558 4 years ago

I like that the haunts are being drawn out. I feel like I'm getting a movie a month even if I never see some of them.

On a side note, I had a friend come over a couple of weeks ago and get to attic multiball twice in two games. No music or sound effects coded for it yet.

Also, Make Out Multiball is hilarious.

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Great to see Elvira receive the TWIPY award for best pinball callouts. Totally agree

I think she should have gotten theme integration too. JP won, but not having the proper Jurassic Park licenses killed the integration IMO.

#2583 4 years ago

I've heard rumor of 26 titles planned for the game. If true, I'll never sell this machine.

I want to put a clear MST3K logo over the moon in the back (turning it into the logo, but not obstructing the light.

Anyone know how I could accomplish this?

#2586 4 years ago

One of my lights is out and I'm about to make a Comet order. Is this going to be a regular 1SMD #44 bayonet? Shooter lane gi.

20200330_152221 (resized).jpg20200330_152221 (resized).jpg
#2588 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

2SMD #44 frosted cool white

Awesome, thank you sir!

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:I would check the connections first. Maybe the bulb is not seated correctly?

I'll check it, but won't hurt to throw in another bulb or two since I'm making a huge order from them today anyway. Thanks

1 week later
#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from Watacaractr:

Love this game! Decided to build my own topper![quoted image][quoted image]

You should probably make these and sell them.

#2638 4 years ago

I've heard rumors all over the place, I DM'd Mr. Sheets but he didn't respond.

How many movies are going to be in the game? I've heard 26 movies (the ones that are in the movie posters of that set of side blades) and I've heard just what's set aside in the menus. What has anyone else heard?

#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from Watacaractr:

Hey everyone. I finally made a video of my topper. I apologize in advance for the shaky camera work.

[quoted image]

You should definitely market that.

3 weeks later
#2892 3 years ago

How do I get to the "Secret Room" to see the new mode?

#2902 3 years ago

Ok, so Gila Monster is 1 key, Santa is 2 keys. Is the new mode 3 keys? Is it random? I wish secret rooms keys would all be random so we can see those movies more often.

#2908 3 years ago

If there were an easy mode that just made all the movies random I'd turn it on. I'm not good enough to have seen Santa once since it was made more difficult.

1 month later
#3694 3 years ago

My search fu is failing me if this has been covered. The crypt VUK is shooting to the left of the targets across the field. I tried loosening the screws that hold it to try and aim it better, but the mech won't budge with loosened screws. Is there an easier solution than completely removing it and possible having to make the screw holes wider? Here's a picture of mine. Does it look out of alignment from below? 20200619_143640 (resized).jpg20200619_143640 (resized).jpg

#3696 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

This is the official Stern fix. It doesn't work for everybody.
Post #2518 VUK fix Posted by Pozzest01 (3 months ago)

Damnit, I REALLY don't want to have to screw new holes into the wood.

#3697 3 years ago

NM, fixed it. Got some pliers and made a slight twist to the top of it and it's working just fine. Phew!

1 month later
#4515 3 years ago

My gargoyles are stiff and don't leap very high. Someone said to grease them. I have white lithium grease and chainsaw oil. Are either of these ok for this?

#4517 3 years ago

I used a tiny bit of the lithium grease and it worked. If it starts binding again I'll loosen the screws. Thanks

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

You can I use playfield wax on them. Anything wet will only cause you problems down the road when it gums up. Make sure your shafts are nice and straight. Stern cabled tried foam to them for shipping and bent the shafts in the process. Easy fix. By the way, you did take the foam off on the underside didn't you? I have to ask. You wouldn't be the first one on here that missed that step when setting it up.

Yeah, they are straight and foam off. The little bit of grease worked for now. Both the front ones hit the glass and the back ones almost make it every time.

#4638 3 years ago

Ok, so everyone with premiums are upgrading their speakers to LE equivalents. I'd like to upgrade, but I like the foam look of the premiums because I like the speaker light kit for it. If I'm wanting to upgrade quality but not the look of my premium speakers, which ones should I buy? $100 max hopefully.

#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If I'm reading it right you want to upgrade the speakers and have lights but with solid look to it. If that's the case you can buy a pair of these along with the 5.25" adapter plates and still have lights without seeing the speaker itself.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Plastic-Canvas-Use.html

Ok, I was thinking I'd be able to upgrade the speakers without changing the size. So I need to buy the 5.25" speakers, get the mounting plate, add the diffuser. Got it.

1 week later
#4750 3 years ago

I got the 5.25" speakers in the mail. The speakers came with wires that clip on but don't have the plastic connector. Do I just desolder the wires off the 4" speakers and just solder them on the new speakers?

#4754 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Yes. Be sure to change the impedance in your audio settings to match.

Good thing you pointed this out. What do they need to be switched to?

#4756 3 years ago

If you bought 4ohm speakers switch it 4ohm and hear the difference. If you leave it at 8ohms the speakers will sound a bit louder then the 4ohm setting but 4ohm should sound crisper. FYI you can use 4ohm speakers at 4 or 8 ohm settings.

4 ohms. Found it on the box.

Is there an ohm setting for the cabinet sub also? Bought that too.

If you can't tell I never went through the usual speaker fetish during my younger years.

#4780 3 years ago

So I'm setting up my new speakers and light kit and I got a serious snag. Whoever installed this screw tightened it so hard they completely stripped it out. Normally I'd go buy a stripped screw bit, but the screw is so small and there's no clearance for a drill. There's also no clearance for a Dremel tool to cut it. Any ideas?

Tried the rubber band method.

20200901_155522 (resized).jpg20200901_155522 (resized).jpg

#4784 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Could you use a cutting wheel on a dremel to cut a slot in the screw head then use a flat blade screw driver in that slot to unscrew it.

Space is too small. Going to try buying a screw extractor and a drill bit extender. Maybe that will work. Will be a bit at an angle though.

#4830 3 years ago

It's just one shop and they aren't even available. Might just be a placeholder.

#4921 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Not sure if you had any tress left, but I sent a PM yesterday. I totally understand where you are coming from though. We're doing online learning this semester and yeah, my days are very busy right now helping my daughter with her school stuff. We're doing okay, but it's a lot different than if she was going to regular in-person school.
So no worries. I get it!

Tell me about it, I'm the teacher!

#4922 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Recieved our package from tilt graphics today. Great products!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOVE that apron decal.

3 weeks later
#5204 3 years ago

Getting itchy for another code update. I'm already spoiled.

3 weeks later
#5667 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Has anyone upgraded their Prem backbox speakers to the larger LE type? Does it really make a huge difference? My speakers sound a bit muddy so I would probably change them if the difference were night and day.

It's a toss up for me. Much more bass in the 4ohm speakers but you have to crank it up to 40+ and the treble doesn't balance out completely. The upgraded subwoofer is a must though.

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not so much concerned with bass as I am with overall clarity.

The premium speakers are fine then. Would still get the sub. It's super cheap and adds so much like feeling the lightning strikes in the game.

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I havnt...I honestly didn’t even know you could do that. Music and effects sound nice but Elviras intros / outros sound muddy to me. Maybe it’s just the way it was recorded.

The 4 ohm speakers make her more 'muddy' in my opinion. They make all the other effects better though.

#5737 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Pinstadiums would ruin the lighting effects in EHOH in my opinion.
Rob

I have them in there set at 15% strength and UV flashers hooked to the shaker. Just enough to see the artwork better during game play and a little more light show with the shaker flashers, but mostly unnecessary with this game.

#5741 3 years ago

Last night playing it had us walking the Torgo walk.

#5743 3 years ago

No question, they hit it out of the ball park with this title and to be honest in the beginning I was like good lord another Elvira title. Well I have been eating crow since June 2020 when I purchased mine.

Between the early code and thinking "another Elvira game", I couldn't get over the how empty the game is. I mean, it sits between X-Men LE and Dialed In and with the lights on it IS honestly missing a lot comparably. Sheets showed his love of the old movies and came through on code though so much that I never even notice the boring layout when I play it. The light show is great and it shoots smooth.

2 weeks later
#5936 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Tell me more! What did he get?

The guy was loaded and renovating his house. Just needed them out quickly.

2 months later
#6706 3 years ago

We can't figure it out. What movie is Add a Zombie Multiball?

#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I decided to add a some bling to my Elvira House of Horrors apron. It now continuously plays all 26 trailers from the 2010 Elvira Movie Macabre season. These are the 26 movies that are used for the game assets. The OLED display looks much better in person than it does in the videos. The scanlines in the video arent there when you see it live.
Would people be interested in this mod?

I tried to stick with the design of the orignal plastic but with a live OLED display in place of the static artwork.
Original plastics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
New plastics with built in display:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I'm interested depending on price. It looks amazing!

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I believe it's from I Eat Your Skin...
Phoebe

That's it! Never heard of it. Thanks

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Tim -
I can't wait to add this to my LE! I will send photos - this will be awesome!
Ryan

I like the premium side art, but of course the LE armor is better. I wouldn't pay the difference for it though.

#6800 3 years ago

I'm having an intermittent issue. Sometimes when I lock a ball in the garage, it doesn't register. Upon ball search, it kicks out all of the locked balls. It's happened 3 times in maybe 15 games. I thought it might be an issue with the latest code, but no one else is complaining so it must just be mine. What should I look for?

#6828 3 years ago

Stern's balls suck. I replace them even before shooting on any of their games.

Your first set of balls only last a couple of weeks while they beat down some of the sharper edges of a new machine anyway. I use them for that, then chuck them.

Where is everyone getting their balls right now? I got a bunch from Ball Baron last time that I wasn't happy about. Some of them even had that honey combed golf ball look after a while.

Also, no one has any ideas about the garage ball lock issue I posted about 2 days ago?

#6831 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Go into tests(garage opto)and use something that can trigger each opto (it has 3) to make sure they are registering. The screws on the opto boards could be loose and maybe not aligned properly. That’s where I would start.

Cool, will do, thanks

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've been using bc precision balls from Amazon for 3 years, no issues. I do replace all of them once a year. If you buy 100 I think its .75 each,super shiny and still look great when I replace. Free shipping with prime too[quoted image]

The Amazon reviews on those are scary though.

#6849 3 years ago

I'm just hoping he gets the rest of the movies in there.

#6957 3 years ago

A guy listed this on Facebook. I like the UV back panel look. How can I do this with mine?

Screenshot_20210209-223839_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210209-223839_Facebook (resized).jpg
#6974 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

This is a known issue. The left orbit guide needs to be adjusted slightly. Here is a great video guide:

Please note that there are new and improved fixes for the VUK that came out after this video.

Nice, I need to adjust my left orbit guide too then. We've just been giving it a nudge coming out of it all this time.

1 month later
#7445 3 years ago

Are there any third party toppers for this machine? Not spending a grand on the Stern one but still want a decent one.

#7593 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

amazon.com link »

I'm glad you posted this. I also bought the LE speakers and haven't been happy with them. I'll give these a go since you say it sounds way better.

#7595 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyway... who has any good suggestions for getting the ball not to go SDTM rolling out of the pops! Besides jolting the machine hard mine is very consistent for doing this!

I replaced the rubber under the pops with the next highest up size. It made it a bit round coming out of the pops and while you still get some SDTMs, it's not quite as often. Be careful putting it on though, there's a metal guide there that likes to slice the rubber as you are putting it on.

#7599 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup i changed settings back and forth. The difference between them in weight of magnet is huge. Much better sound than the Kenwoods. Buy em on prime , free return if you don't like

Indeed, the Kenwood ones just don't sound right. Muffled and the songs aren't as clear. Changed the impedance, equalizer, everything. Just don't like it. These are in sale for $22 and free returns, so I'm only risking labor to try it.

#7602 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Exactly and it's about 5 minutes labor. Do you have speaker lights? They look amazing, the way the blue speaker plays off the lights.

I went ahead and went with the premium style deluxe lights. I like the way the colors swirl on the padding.

#7603 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What setting is third and where can I find it?

Change 8 ohm to 4 ohm if you upgraded your speakers. It's in Utilities I think.

#7605 3 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Alright I got my Ehoh premium on the way in the next batch!! So what mods do I need? I already picked up the Pyle speakers just posted here. And I’ll get some speaker lights.
Shaker motor? Pinstadiums? Any must haves? Let me know!
I’m so stoked!

Shaker motor, Medisynyl casket and gargoyle mod (dog house is take it or leave it), blood drop plastic protectors, deluxe speaker light kit.
Pinstadiums only if you can control yourself and turn them down to 15-20%, otherwise they remove the creepy factor. No fusions needed, but the UV flasher adds a cool effect when hooked to the shaker.
HD glass.

And always...Pingulp

#7609 3 years ago

Definitely switch it to the shaker motor.

Also, how can we forget the mod that's going to win mod of the year for the TWIPY's next year? The movie trailer screens that Doc made.

#7624 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've finally got caught up on all of my preorders of the apron video display mod so I've now added it to my pinside shop.
Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod

And a damned fine mod it is too! I hope you win best mod for this next year.

2 weeks later
#7759 3 years ago

I installed the Pyle speakers and they are SO much better than the Kenwoods. Only $22 too!

4 weeks later
#8119 2 years ago

When are some more movies going to be added? Eagerly waiting for Eegah, Giant Leeches, and Killer Shrews.

#8146 2 years ago

+1
Especially with Dwight doing the code.

This. Dwight on code makes me pause and say "I'd better flip it first". Munsters, GoT, SW, TMNT....all games that fail on code IMO. Subjective of course. Ghostbusters is good, but only after he fixed it what? 6 years later? Give me a Keith Johnson, Lyman Sheets, Joe Katz, or Bowen Kerins all day over Dwight.

2 months later
#9380 2 years ago

According to Pinball News, Lyman left at the end of last year. No wonder we haven't gotten any updates in so long.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/08/02/steve-ritchie-joins-jjp/

#9383 2 years ago

I mean, there's at least 5 movies on the back glass not represented, even the center figure Eegah.

#9386 2 years ago

It blows my mind that no one on this forum can contact him personally and just ask what the plans for Elvira code are.

#9390 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Ya, I was really hoping for a wasp woman mode. Love that movie

Eegah, man that movie is great and he's front and center on the back glass. "Watch out for snakes!"
Attack of the Giant Leeches is there too and so classic!

#9391 2 years ago

If he doesn't work for Stern anymore, maybe we can do a GoFundMe for donations for his time.

#9394 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As awesome as that idea is, if he doesn’t work for Stern any more I don’t see how he could release any code updates without their blessing.
Whatever the case, I wish him well. Lyman has brought much joy to at least two generations of pinball fans. My first NIB game (Medieval Madness 1977) and last (Elvira 2019), bought 22 years apart, bookend my collection. And then there is my holy grail theme, Batman 66, bought in the box of lights days because Lyman was doing the code.

There's no way Stern would turn down free code updates for a game. Especially since they were planning on having it and paid for the actress' footage already.

1 month later
#9606 2 years ago

Does anyone else get flipper fade with this game? As party nights go on for the 5th-6th hour you can't backhand the left ramp anymore.

#9637 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've been getting several messages asking about the out of stock status of my Elvira video trailers apron mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod
Unfortunately all of the usual suppliers of the screen I use for the mod are currently out of stock. I reached out to the manufacturer of the screen and they said due to Covid related parts shortages they probably won't be getting anymore manufactured until April 2022 at the earliest.
I'm currently ordering and testing some possible alternate screens to use. None of them have the exact same mounting dimensions, so a screen change would also require a redesign of the window plastic and the art around it. So bottom line is I still plan to make these as long as there is demand but it might be a little while until I have them in stock again.

Love mine my man. I always get complements on my game for them.

#9640 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I just read that article myself. I think that makes her even hotter LOL. She looks pretty darn good for 70 on my screen

True, however, she's proof that modern makeup is like magic. She very much looks her age without a quarter inch of makeup.

#9672 2 years ago

I doubt this would happen now that Lyman is gone. It seems like the slow burn of Elvira HoH becoming a must have pin made Stern not prioritize it in any way. I don’t think they would pay anyone more to go back and add code at this point. But I would gladly throw money at Lyman to make it happen.

I mean, the two movies centered on the translite aren't coded. Movies in the playfield art aren't coded. They NEED to continue this code.

Pinball isn't that big of a field. It seems like SOMEONE would know Lyman personally and would be able to ask him what's going on. No one in pinball knows this man?

#9677 2 years ago

I’m not sure the plan was to ever code all of the movies. The only reason there are so many movies is because they were on the last run of her show and are in the public domain. Maybe someone can ask Cassandra if she even did video intros/outros at Stern for those other movies.

I think 3 of them are even in the settings menu. Lyman had previously stated that this was his dream theme and he would be coding it for years, that they had hours of footage from Elvira they haven't used yet but planned on using it all. Yes, I'd think the original plan was to code them all.

#9680 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I did, when we were in Salem, Mass a few years ago and she did an appearance. They filmed new stuff for all of the movies (even wasp woman and Eeegah!) and she did extra callouts for them. The movies in the game were from her 2011 revival of Movie Macabre, which she self-financed and is on Amazon now. There are more movies in that season than the game includes. This was an all-in game and she went way out of her way to make sure it was awesome

If all of that gets abandoned...it's just damned painful.

#9681 2 years ago

There's actually so much content available that I believe the original intent of the turret was to change the entire lineup of movies.

#9685 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

He hasn't been on this site since chuckwurt viciously ran him off and made fun of his code

I hope that's being facetious.

1 week later
#9755 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Crazy how fast it happens. I assumed people were full of it when I first heard about balls becoming magnetized. I assumed it was a real thing, but would take thousands of plays for this to happen. Less than 100 plays or so on Metallica, oops.

I actually didn't know this would happen in games without magnets. Might explain some of the random problems I've had when there's nothing wrong.

#9805 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Really psyched to install the docquest apron mod
Today! Looks great

Much better than a QR code reader for sure.

1 week later
#9840 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

So I just noticed this weekend that Amazon prime video has the 2010 collection of "Elvira's Movie Macabre" on this year! All 9 movies with the high score table and like 5 others that are in the settings audits that weren't added "yet" and more! It's really making me appreciate this machine even more. The theme integration is off the charts but you knew that already, just letting everyone know they're available check them out!

All of that was added before Lyman left. We haven't heard anything since then. I love this game for the potential it has to be, not for what it is now. I really hope they assign someone to finish this game.

#9842 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The game is awesome even how it is now - but yeah, I bought in expecting there would be more movies too. If Lyman's really gone, would you want someone to step in and just half-ass the remaining movies? I'm not sure that would make the game better.

I'd like them to at least try, yes. If everyone hates it, just go back to an older version of the code. I'm sure they could at least ask him about his framework plans. There are so many movies that are supposed to be coded, I'm really thinking the turret was meant to change entire sets of movies.

#9848 2 years ago

My fear is that Elvira will be their experiment into adding more movies as DLC on a subscription. It's rife with unreleased content. I'd pay for permanent DLC for the game, but not with any yearly subscription fees.

1 month later
#10205 2 years ago

Voting for DocQuest's Apron Mod for TWIPY.

2 weeks later
#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from Rocket82:

Hey man, did you come up with a fix for the SDTM drains on the bumpers for EHOH. Mine is doing the same thing and ruined some potentially high score games and it's beating me up real bad. Can't find any info on this topic
Rocky

I put a larger size rubber ring where the ball feeds out of the pops. Helps 80% of the time and higher if you give it a slight bump when it's slowly crawling out of there.

1 month later
#10501 2 years ago

An awesome dude bought his game first run, didn't like it, then sold it to me for $6300. I used to buy used LE games for $2K less than retail 5 months after release. THOSE were the days and that was only like 3 years ago.

#10508 2 years ago

They at least need to code EEgah. He's center to the translite. Killer Shrew is right under him. Attack of the Giant Leeches is on the playfield. Much less all of the other uncoded movies in the translite. The house turret's entire function couldn't have been meant to just dance during multiball. Damnit, why did Lyman leave?

7 months later
#11549 1 year ago

So I'm getting balls stuck in the garage. It's not every time, but it's often enough that it's really annoying. 3rd ball search kicks them all out.
What do I need to check or adjust?

Thanks

2 weeks later
#11651 1 year ago

Having trouble figuring out how to remove the left ramp so I can fix my opto. Can anyone give some quick instruction? Getting balls stuck in the garage.

#11652 1 year ago

Took off the back plastic, removed the screws I can see on the top of the ramp and the back board, but I can't figure out what's holding the front of it. The metal part of the ramp.

#11654 1 year ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Think there are 2 little bolts on the side.

I had to leave it for bed. I feel like i looked everywhere on it. I hope there's not something on the bottom of the playfield as I've also laid the house forward to have better angles.

#11656 1 year ago

Ok, I'll check that. I need to see if it's aligned too though. I'll try to figure out the ramp some more this weekend. Hopefully someone who has done it will pop on.

#11659 1 year ago

Put everything back together, rechecked all of the connections, still not registering the third ball lock in the garage. Going to make a new thread in the tech section.

#11703 1 year ago

They keep promoting a game that they aren't making and (worse) aren't finishing the code for.

#11712 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

javagrind888 I don't know if you managed to do this in the end, but I had to remove the left ramp too, as my 3 garage optos were permanently locked on. There are two nuts underneath the playfield (pretty much under the ramp entrance flap) holding the front down, and 2 screws behind the backboard holding the back of the ramp in place. I also had to remove the little plastic to the left of the ramp entrance as it wouldn't quite fit past it when lifting the ramp out.
Also, once I had done it, I found all my optos were aligned ok and nothing blocking... So went back to the under-playfield wiring and eventually found one little connector slightly pulled out, I assume it was for the receiver board - but it was just really hard to spot as the connection is hidden up inside one of the bulb inserts (basically looked like it was plugged in ok because the connector was held in place by the cut out).

Thanks, I got it figured out over the weekend with the help of another Pinside member over pm. Rocking and rolling now!

Quoted from docquest:

I think the code is pretty complete.

I'm sorry, but the code is nowhere complete as long as the movies on the backglass and playfield (including the main character centered, Eegah) are in the game. Two of them even had menu options. Elvira stated that she's done the call outs for not only all of her original movies, but was called back to do all of her new ones too. Other than the missing translite and playfield movies, rest would just be butter really, but I'm into this game for the movies theme wise.

Also, I haven't seen any rules or coding for "Beast Booster" and no one can tell me that the entire house turret mech was for simply to dance during multiballs. There are even light up inserts on each side. My theory is that they were meant to change the movie lineup of the windows, a new set of movies for each turret side. That probably would have been code at 200% maybe, but I'm betting that was the intention of it.

3 weeks later
#11909 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, Elvira has been dethroned.
EHOH is no longer the most expensive topper at $999 MSRP. Mandalorian announced at $1999 MSRP.

And I refuse to get an Elvira topper at $1K. I think I'll keep letting my cats be my toppers.

20220719_005102 (resized).jpg20220719_005102 (resized).jpg20220923_232349 (resized).jpg20220923_232349 (resized).jpg20221014_222150 (resized).jpg20221014_222150 (resized).jpg
#11912 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

What LED's are you using for the eyes

Just the standard consumed spirits of the house.

1 month later
#12067 1 year ago

My ball keeps getting stuck right behind the gate here. Thing is, it's not actually touching the gate itself. I thought it might be lean or pitch, but that's not it. What do I need to adjust?

Edit: there's a round hole in the playfield there like it's supposed to have an up post, but I don't see the back for one under the playfield....

20221119_133415 (resized).jpg20221119_133415 (resized).jpg

#12068 1 year ago

There seems to be some stiff wires hanging down in there...

2 weeks later
#12160 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Stern better release some EHOH news and pricing...... Scooby is gonna take that cash.

With the number of people still waiting, plus the added speculators, I doubt Scooby would impact Elvira sales.

1 week later
#12302 1 year ago

Got mine almost unplayed for $6300 when it first came out. So glad I snagged it then!

#12329 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Great question. I was told that the new EHOH run will not have the old triangular cutouts on both sides of the apron, that the 2019 run had. Just the left side, so my guess is docquest's mod won't fit on the right side with the square cutout. I hope I'm wrong. I want it for both sides. Insider Connected is not desired by everyone.

Insider Connected also fits in the coin door.

1 month later
#12873 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like you can buy the Elvira House of Horrors Neca box of collectibles at the Stern store now. Same price as it was at target, $50. XL shirt size version only though.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/neca-elvira-crate

Those things have been sitting in the shelf at my local Target for a year.

#12874 1 year ago

For those that have powder coated your premiums red, did you do the speaker/lcd panel? Have a pic? Trying to decide if it's worth the extra hassle.

#12878 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I didn't do speaker panel or coin door. Wiz mods on both

Does anyone have a pic with those on too?

#12880 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

After collecting the 'Skeleton Key' and launching trunk multi-ball the game qualifies the player to open up an additional haunt that is not one of the six standard haunts (Teenagers from Outer Space, The Brain that Wouldn't Die, The Manster, The Werewolf of Washington, Manos: The Hands of Fate, The Night of the Living Dead). So far I have seen the following additional non-standard haunts during a game when I have collected the 'Skeleton Key' and launched trunk multi-ball.
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
The Satanic Rites of Dracula
Attack of the Giant Leeches
Are there any other secret haunts that I could see if I have the 'Skeleton Key' and launch trunk multi-ball?
Gord

Gila Monster

#12885 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

.[quoted image]

Thanks! Comparing, I think I'll go ahead and powder coat the coin door as I have the volume and headphone jack on it. I have the square speaker light kit on the back panel, I think I'll just leave it.

#12896 1 year ago
Quoted from Megeant:

I did just the blood. [quoted image]

I was starting to lean toward coating the speaker panel, but this looks good too....

#12914 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not a fan of putting eyes in the SKULL (let alone lighting them up), but other than that, the Boney Beast ramp with skull looks pretty great there.

To each their own. The eyes are what sold me on the mod!

#12915 1 year ago

My turret isn't turning. It's wiggling a couple of millimeters like it wants to. I'm going to open it up this evening and see what's going on. Anything I should be looking for?

1 week later
#12962 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Illusion Cherry powder…haven’t attached the new legs yet, and the speaker/lcd panel will be done too. But it’s a really nice color on this game I think. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! I just sent mine off to be coated today!

#12968 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Can I ask who is doing it, and how much they charge? Just curious.

Michigan Pinball Refinery. Elvira HoH Pre - Cherry LE color. Purchasing lollipop rails; painting lockdown bar, hinges, coin door, shooter plate, and chrome coin bezels $480.00. If you were just painting your rails instead of upgrading to the lollipops, knock about $80 off.

Cost me a bunch in shipping too though, but he's bringing it to TPF so I won't have to pay return shipping.

#12995 1 year ago

I used to listen to that guy, but other than having a couple of distributors giving him info, he just throws a thousand things at the wall and hopes one sticks.

#13010 1 year ago

I still like the square Type 12 light kits with the foam. I have to put them on every game (except the ones that need flames of course.)

#13029 1 year ago

Cost me $150 just to mail my parts to be powder coated.

#13167 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If someone were to make a triangular card with some artwork to go around the IC scanner, I bet they could sell quite a few. Even if it were just the red and black ring pattern like the left side apron art.

Get the apron screens.

#13292 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Apparently mine needs all the fixes as well. I'll look at garage up post tonight. My left orbit always hits the sling so I'll need to adjust the guide as well. The canon, or whatever its called on the right always shoots the balls too high. I'll have to see if anything else is off as well. Glad we have these threads to help out on new games.

Both of those are really easy (or they were for me). Just loosen the screw under the plastic, pull the guide out all the way, then tighten it. For the scoop I just had to bend it down a bit with some heavy duty plyers.

#13295 1 year ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

So why can't they do it in the factory? They should know about this in the meantime.

Every pin I've ever owned needed tweaks. I practically had to rebuild JJP Pirates.

#13299 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Or just reduce the kickout power?
Rob

Tried that, it was an issue others had too and the fix was the same. It worked, all's good.

1 week later
#13492 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Why wait? I got one for sale right now!

Wait, weren't you going on about how excited you were and couldn't wait for several pages?

#13494 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Looks like he’s all in on Godfather now.

Ah, pinball ADHD. I get it.

1 week later
#13898 1 year ago

Has anyone had an issue with their turret not turning? Mine tries but just wiggles a bit.

1 week later
#14187 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I now have parts in place to start making more of the Elvira apron video mods. I switched to a different screen from the same manufacturer since the previous screen is still on back order. I've been testing the new screen for a few weeks and it's working great.
Send me a PM if interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was one of your first run. Have there been any changes or upgrades other than a new screen manufacturer?

1 week later
#14362 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimumsam:

Do the premium come with red trim red legs?

I thought the same thing. Also I've never seen that color red before on an Elvira. He must have had them standing by.

#14373 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Final mod installed. I might match the bones to the skull but for now it works for me. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm really wanting to do this Bony Beast mod, but I don't want to take away from the Medisinyl mod. Is there any reason this won't fit on the left ramp instead of the right?

#14376 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Did you paint the boney beast pieces? If not, where did you get them from? I've seen several places selling them and Marco has different options...if they came that way I'm curious which ones you purchased. It looks good!
Thanks!

I've been eyeing this site for the parts. It's still expensive, but cheaper than Marco. Separately the moving eyes mod is also about $200 to the US.
https://www.buthamburg.de/en/plasticparts/dedicated-plastics-parts

#14384 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

30 ribs for 60 euro is a good price. I think I paid almost $5 each for my ribs and I bought out the remaining stock.

$5 each is a good price too. Marco wants $8 a rib and the only place I see the glow in the dark set wants $300.

#14391 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The slings/outlanes are tough on mine too. It offsets the relatively easy shots in the game and keeps this from being too long of a player. I even wrote this in my rating. I have not adjusted the power or the outlane posts. This just seems like a real all-or-nothing game. I have a lot of <20mil games, but my best scores are up around 1 Billion. I am not a competitive player, but I have just under 400 games in so far and have got to Gappa many times. Got to Attic Attack, Phone-A-Fiend and Dance Fever only one time each, though.

I want to make the game a little easier for myself, but one of my competitive buddies would be on there all night.

1 week later
#14664 12 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel like the playfield is kind of dark on this game. It's a shame because the artwork is kind of cool.
Has anyone added spotlights or done anything else to help? I'm apprehensive to try Pinstadiums as they seem super expensive.

I have an old set (not Neo) and set them to about 15% power. It's just enough to see the artwork perfectly and not interfere with the spooky house feel of the game.

#14705 11 months ago

Trying to troubleshoot my non working turret. It tries to turn in test, but doesn't budge. I took it apart partially, took pictures and a video. Any ideas what I need to do next?

EDIT: I found the problem, but have no idea how I would fix this. I can't find it in the manual. There are gears that are slipping.

20230426_120500 (resized).jpg20230426_120500 (resized).jpg20230426_120537 (resized).jpg20230426_120537 (resized).jpg20230426_121409 (resized).jpg20230426_121409 (resized).jpg
#14708 11 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Pinsider joetechbob had what seems to be a similar issue some time back and his solution may prove helpful to you. See the following URL's for how he resolved his issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/15#post-6718815
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/15#post-6721987
When reviewing the second URL shown above keep scrolling down as there are several photos showing how joetechbob resolved his issue.
Gord

His wasn't aligning correctly though, mine doesn't move at all and I think it has to do with the gears not working. Take a look at my second video at larger size.

1 week later
#14900 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hey guys, new owner of a new elvira here. Question:
Does anyone here have a VUK that is 100% consistent on hitting the three targets? Be honest with me. I can't get this thing consistent to save my life.
And while we are on the subject, what does it want me to hit when I defeat a dead head? I see the light cycle and am unsure what it wishes me to do. If it thinks I'm gonna hit one of those lights with my inconsistent VUK, it's got another thing comming.

Mine was consistently shooting UNDER the targets. I increased the power and took a sturdy pair of plyers and bent the top of the scoop a tad and it now 100% shoots the top target. First run.

1 week later
#14983 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Stern got their flippers right, for sure.
I’m curious how Steve Ritchie is going to manage his speed and flow style on JJP’s platform.

They are basically B/W flippers and he was the king of flow long before Stern.

1 month later
#15217 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

What am I doing wrong or what is my game doing wrong? I've owned this game about 3 months and have never seen the turret turn during a game or light up except when a game is started and reset. So it does work but never got to anything it does? Waste of mechs and money for something rarely used in my opinion. It must be when you rack over 200 million it comes into play and lights up?

I'd heard it was supposed to turn and light up a whole new set of movies/windows per side. Sad that it won't happen.
Wish it would change the game state per side like Rick and Morty dimensions.

#15233 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Works great! I got the one one that works with the headphone kit.[quoted image]

There's a 3D print file on thingiverse for it that I use and it works great. Just make sure you disconnect it before raising the playfield. I almost forget every time.

#15235 9 months ago

Alt backglass achieved. Love it, colors pop so well.

20230624_104158 (resized).jpg20230624_104158 (resized).jpg20230624_104204 (resized).jpg20230624_104204 (resized).jpg
#15237 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow! I really like that; where did you get it?

A guy with a shop on Discord. PM for a Discord link.

2 weeks later
#15312 9 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

That's a Marco airbrush job - some of his work really is fantastic. I'd actually really like to get his Maiden Premium kit, but daaaamn it's pricey.

Is that the guy out of Germany? I haven't seen any airbrush guys here in the states.

1 week later
#15375 9 months ago

Sometimes when making the front door shot it counts the shot also as a back door sneak in. Is this a hardware or software issue?

#15377 9 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

What are the conditions? Should the ball be going to the left orbit? If so, sometimes the ball may not have enough momentum, or may hit the diverter weird, and instead of rolling around the orbit, it will fall into the back door. I've even had the ball go into the house, hit the diverter, then fall into the garage lock. Stuff happens.

Ok, so basically it could be rattling into weird spots. I'll watch it closer and see if I can tell which direction it should be going.

1 month later
#15654 7 months ago
Quoted from Bmarion0913:

Hey everyone - I’ve seen some people mention random resets in the game, I’m dealing with that issue as well. I’ve reflashed the SD card recently and replaced it to try and solve the problem and no change. Does anyone know why this title in particular seems to reset more than others? Is it a specific mode that causes the issues?

It's been happening to me since the last code update, only occasionally. Happened once during our 3 hour stream on friday.

1 month later
#15940 6 months ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Does the new Blood Red edition include HD glass??

No HD glass, no shaker. It's like a 40th and premium hybrid on features.

#15941 6 months ago

Whelp, after buying Labyrinth I'm not in a position to upgrade my premium. Hopefully prices hold stable or drop in the future.

#15944 6 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Interesting where did you hear that?

Read the advertisement. Stern doesn't include features without advertising them. If they did, it would be a first.

#15983 6 months ago

I hope these don't appreciate too much, I'd like to upgrade my premium but can't right now with Labyrinth on order.

#16041 5 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

For those that want to add my apron trailer video screen mod, I'll be making a version with art that matches the new black and white with red sparkle accent style. I'll post some pics of the new style when it's done.
However as seen in the pic below, Stern is using the latest metal apron style with a smaller cutout for the Insider Connected scanner on the right side. So I'll just be making the left side single screen version for the Blood Red Kiss Edition.
If interested PM me so I can get an idea of how many to prepare.
[quoted image]

Not going to lie, my original slanted, double screen of your mod is one of the few things keeping me back from getting this edition.

#16046 5 months ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
I'm thinking of buying a EHOH.
Can someone briefly explain if the revolving turret on the house is used a lot or a little?
I'm not the best player, so hoping the revolving turret is used a lot, without having to get to wizard modes.
Thanks.
Roger

It's my theory that it was supposed to eventually switch to new entire sets of movies. Now it just spins back and forth during multiballs.

1 week later
1 month later
#16945 4 months ago

Has anyone put the Sparky TV mod in their Elvira? If you have, can you take pictures or video? It's on my list but I haven't seen a single user. Thanks

#16947 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My wife and I were playing last night and she got some type of Christmas haunt, Elvira came on and then Christmas music started playing. I was trying to figure out what was going on and then she drained the ball, It was super cool!

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. It's one of the secret movies on the right window.

#17018 4 months ago

Every time someone in my party tonight activated the skeleton key mode, it was Giant Gila Monster. Were we really unlucky or is that always the first secret movie?

3 weeks later
#17311 3 months ago

I feel like this would be a wicked way to light up the back door sign. Does anyone know how to wire it to the game? There's a 5-12 V option.
https://evandesigns.com/products/lightning-create-a-realistic-storm-in-your-miniature-land?variant=39715105308720

#17384 3 months ago

Does turret position tell which movie is lit for the secret room?

#17386 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes, it does now. Didn't before but in the new code that's the way they've done it. Now each key you get rotates the turret. The "Read Me" file with the code release notes explained it.

I wish they'd make it so you need one just hit the key target again to rotate the turret. I've seen Gila Monster about fifty times and the other ones maybe once or twice each since the update.

#17393 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, this is the HUGE downside with how they implemented it when they added the Eegagh mode. If you haven’t already, send a bug report to Stern asking them to change how they’ve done it so all 4 modes in the locked room will be playable more equally.

I did this a while back. I suggested that they bring back the random movie, but realizing that it aligns with the turret, a shot to rotate it would be better. (in case they are reading here).

1 week later
#17515 3 months ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Anyone here get EHOH BRK game #161? If so, shoot me a PM please.

You might want to give a bit more info. If I had it I don't think I'd respond on that post alone.

#17527 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yup! Those are the ones and they fit perfect! My personal opinion is to stay away from colored plastic protectors because they change the lighting of the game to whatever color the plastic protectors are. I made this mistake when I had a Iron Maiden and bought orange ones. From there out, all light that was illuminated under those protectors became an orange tint. I would imagine the same could be said about red or any other color but maybe people like this...

I like this dripping blood one because it leaves the center of the plastic open so that it doesn't change the colors.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1259-silverball-designs/03755-slingshot-amp-return-lane-set-for-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-

#17574 86 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Why would you put the QR reader on the coin door?

So I can keep my double tv screen apron mod.

#17592 86 days ago

How can you get more than one key if the other items are lit after the first one? Is it hit all 3 several times before you collect the key? Seems like you're basically ignoring any progression in the game to try to get 4 keys if that's the case.

#17617 85 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think it is cool too when this happens but I think only the one on the left side of my crypt hits the glass to my knowledge. The others don't seem to bounce as high I guess??

Same here. I've tried lubing the others and making sure they are straight, but that one is the only one that hits for me too.

#17619 85 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you loosen the lock nut under the playfield on the guide it really frees them up. Maybe a 1/4 turn looser .

I'll try that, thanks!

2 weeks later
#17735 65 days ago

Put the Sparky TV mod in and love it. The two apron screens play the movie trailers and now I have Elvira herself playing on the back TV. I think this is the perfect spot for it too. I had to make a small adjustment to the light on the house for glare. Super happy with the result. TV is supposed to have antenna on it, but they fell out and I lost them. They were just flat head sewing pins, I'll have to find some more.

20240213_235201 (resized).jpg20240213_235201 (resized).jpg20240213_235205 (resized).jpg20240213_235205 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#17850 45 days ago

I just wish the secret room was back to random.

#17854 45 days ago

The problem with needing more keys is that the next key won't always light if you've already collected one (I still don't understand that one) and 80% of the keyed rooms played are Gila Monster in a party setting. At least give me the option to make it random in the menu.

#17859 44 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Last Stern game. His last game was CCr.

Which still hasn't been released yet. I'm wondering how much of it will actually be his code.

#17866 44 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Collecting keys/junk:
Hit any trunk target when key insert is flashing. This will lock in the skeleton key.
Complete trunk targets = collect one skeleton key and light trunk lock on left ramp.
Option one: continue to complete trunk targets. Each completion = one additional key.
Option two: lock ball by shooting left ramp. Ball lock = one additional key. (It is important to remember that locking the ball collects another piece of junk.)
During trunk multiball:
The two pieces of junk collected to start the multiball can continue to be collected during the multiball.
Shoot any trunk target to add the flashing piece of junk to the super jackpot and light the super jackpot on the left ramp.
You can add up to three pieces of junk to the super jackpot prior to collecting the super.
Shoot the left ramp to collect the super jackpot and the junk you added.
Repeat for the other piece of junk.
Locked room:
1 Skeleton Key = Eyeball facing you = Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
2 Skeleton Keys = Spider facing you = The Giant Gila Monster
3 Skeleton Keys = Bat facing you = The Satanic Rites of Dracula
4 Skeleton Keys = Elvira facing you = Eegah!
Examples:
a.) Lock in skeleton key. Complete targets (Collect 1 key). Lock ball (Collect 1 key). If you start the locked room haunt at this point (two keys collected), you will start TGGM.
b.) Lock in skeleton key. Complete targets (Collect 1 key). Complete targets again (Collect 1 key). Lock ball (Collect 1 key). If you start the locked room at this point (3 keys collected, you will start TSROD.
c.) Lock in skeleton key. Complete targets (Collect 1 key). Lock ball (Collect 1 key). Start trunk multiball. Hit trunk target when skeleton key is flashing. Hit trunk target again. Collect super jackpot on left ramp. Drain out of multiball. If you start the locked room haunt at this point (4 keys collected), you will start Eegah!
Don't forget the trunk in the upper left corner of the UI shows how many pieces of each junk you have collected.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. Also, check out my most recent Elvira videos on YouTube where I attempt to start and complete Eegah!

Thanks for this. I had no clue that locking the ball was another key. I'm going to play with it a bit with the glass off to commit this to memory.

As much as I like these movies, it is a waste of opportunity for the Eye not to be The Crawling Eye and the Spider be Tarantula or Kingdom of the Spiders. I know the Crawling Eye is public domain, I think the other two are also public domain. Better yet, Earth vs the Spider.

2 weeks later
#17946 29 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Like many have said they are very cool, but waaaaayyyyyy over priced

They are about $200 more than I'd expect to pay.

1 week later
#17975 22 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Feel free to disagree with me, but get some Pinstadium Neo Atoms, and be done with it. They look amazing and sync with the GI perfectly. They go dark and dim when they're supposed to and illuminate the playfield well. Just set the color on white, brightness on 100% and you're good to go. Screw all the color settings, just put em on white/clear. It's worth it. Let the hate posts begin.....

I have an older set and even then only set them to around 20% brightness. Just enough to see the artwork more clearly but doesn't cut out the spooky factor of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,900 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.