28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 42.
#1601 3 years ago

Boom! Coloured ghosts!

rd

04CFD68F-37CF-45A9-A57A-D09E9E9C93C2 (resized).jpeg04CFD68F-37CF-45A9-A57A-D09E9E9C93C2 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1602 3 years ago

Installed the kimballs pinball lit speakers. Noticed that i do not get the purple they show. Looking at my playfield led strips one seems off. Should they both be different colors for the playfield or do i have a board issue?

20210214_083448 (resized).jpg20210214_083448 (resized).jpg20210214_083452 (resized).jpg20210214_083452 (resized).jpg20210214_083457 (resized).jpg20210214_083457 (resized).jpg
#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Installed the KIMBALL's PINBALL's lit speakers. Noticed that i do not get the purple they show. Looking at my playfield led strips one seems off. Should they both be different colors for the playfield or do i have a board issue?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The left & right side Pinstadium Style PF LED Strips (Spooky did it FIRST!!) are controlled separately.
They should be different colors MOST of the time depending on the Mode you're in.

#1604 3 years ago

Eh no. They should be the same color except when doing short flashing FX (lightning, score events etc)

It's also weird that some on the end are a different color. They should all be the same color per strip.

#1605 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Eh no. They should be the same color except when doing short flashing FX (lightning, score events etc)
It's also weird that some on the end are a different color. They should all be the same color per strip.

I thonk both strips are bad. The left is always pink and the right jas the three locked on as green. The mod is working correctly tho. Ben anything special about the led strips?

Btw would recommend the mod. It has a clear 3d printed spacer for the speakers. Much much better looking than having then stuck to the inside of the speaker panel.

#1606 3 years ago

Ben,
Quick question, in the V023 Code does the 9-Pin GI_0 Connector now have power for the 8 Ghost Modes?
If yes what voltage is utilized - 3V, 5V or 12V?
Thanks!

#1607 3 years ago

Um yeah the last version code supports the light up ghost back panel.

I think it just runs off the GI port? It's been many years.

1 week later
#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Doesn’t seem to matter if I’m at zero or nine I can’t tell a difference in flipper strength.

My curiosity got the better of me today, and I took a look at this. I found a bug where the flipper pulse length does get shortened, but it then sees a combination of hold coil plus EOS switch open and incorrectly assumes the flipper got knocked back down. Really, the flipper just hasn't finished it's travel yet. It immediately turns on the high power coil again, so it ends full powered until hitting EOS.

I fixed this and tweaked the power control method a bit. Ben, if you ever decide to release a new build, I have a few bug fixes like this.

#1609 3 years ago

Uh, I'm not sure how I missed this, but the code for v23 is on github. It has been there for 4 years. I thought I looked for it, but...

Anyway, I created pull requests including my changes.
https://github.com/benheck/AMH

#1610 3 years ago

Sweet, knocker support. Would love it.

#1611 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Uh, I'm not sure how I missed this, but the code for v23 is on github. It has been there for 4 years. I thought I looked for it, but...
Anyway, I created pull requests including my changes.
https://github.com/benheck/AMH

Thanks for pointing this out! Pretty cool to see the changes you made in the code.

#1612 3 years ago

My amh scoop broke, emailed spooky but didn’t hear back yet.

Anyone know where I can buy a replacement?

#1613 3 years ago

I would recommend this scoop from Pinball Life. The downside is that it comes with optos and the switch does not mount without some modification.
https://www.pinballlife.com/scoop-weldment-assembly-with-open-back.html

Here's a post showing how I mounted the switch. It's not pretty, but it's actually still working great.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/22#post-4367459

#1614 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

My amh scoop broke, emailed spooky but didn’t hear back yet.
Anyone know where I can buy a replacement?

I would wait and see what spooky says before ordering.

#1615 3 years ago

I was just playing AMH and it appears in mid game I lost all my solenoids. I checked the first fuse is blown and it calls for a 3A slow blow. I just checked and I don't have 3A in stock, would it be ok to use a 4A Slow Blow instead? Or would that be asking for bad things to happen.

#1616 3 years ago

No. Use what is calls for.

#1617 3 years ago

extraballingtmc I had the same broken scoop. I emailed Charlie and he got me a special link from Pinballlife with the right scoop. It does come with extras. I'm hoping he can do the same for you. You can always find someone to weld yours back together as a fix.

#1618 3 years ago

I’ll call them on Monday if I don’t hear back.

For right now I have a bit of duct tape on there which is doing the trick lol

#1619 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

No. Use what is calls for.

Noted, and got the right ones now. Back in business.

#1620 3 years ago

Spooky doesn’t offer an replacement amh scoop, they referred me to pinball life.

Pl is making me one but apparently the subway will have to be adjusted to make it fit.

#1621 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a new door printed?

20210306_202324 (resized).jpg20210306_202324 (resized).jpg
#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

[quoted image]

I didn’t open the zip file because I’m on my phone, but looks like through this link. https://www.benheck.com/amh/

It’s a decent way down.

#1623 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

[quoted image]

Spooky will sell you a new armature.

#1624 3 years ago

Go to the above link, download the STL files near the bottom of the page, and find a 3d printer for that door arm.

#1625 3 years ago

If you can't find one, I could print one for you. I have limited colors of filament, so if you want a particular color, it may cost more to cover a spool. Does anyone know what material Spooky used? I use PLA most of the time, but PETG may be preferable for that piece.

#1626 3 years ago

I made my last door out of PLA and it is standing up good.

#1627 3 years ago

Spooky will print and sell you one as well. Mine did that recently and I got a replacement through them. My original door was grey but the new one is black

#1628 3 years ago

Yeah sorry. I should have designed the door better. I was young and dumb... now I'm just dumb

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Spooky will print and sell you one as well. Mine did that recently and I got a replacement through them. My original door was grey but the new one is black

Herg has got me covered!

Interesting. My broken one was black so maybe it was already replaced?

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah sorry. I should have designed the door better. I was young and dumb... now I'm just dumb

Pinball breaks! It's all part of it. I think I can speak for all of us AMH owners that all the servos/toys are part of what makes this game unique and great.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I made my last door out of PLA and it is standing up good.

The readme says ABS, but I don't mess with that stuff. I used PETG and did 100% infill. Shipping to Timfenske11 today.

I printed a couple extra while I had the filament and bed swapped out, so if anyone else is in need, let me know.

#1632 3 years ago

AMH is certainly the best ghost-hunting themed pinball machine not designed by a sick pervert ever made!

#1633 3 years ago

The extra door arms have been claimed. If anyone else needs one, I'm still willing to help, but there are none just laying around now.

#1634 3 years ago

Just wondering if anyone by chance has a colour display upgrade that they are looking to move on?. Please let me know if you do. Thanks!

#1635 3 years ago

If you can't find one of the LCD color kits, check into the PIN2DMD version. The hardware is easier to get your hands on, but it is a bit more DIY.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If you can't find one of the LCD color kits, check into the PIN2DMD version. The hardware is easier to get your hands on, but it is a bit more DIY.

Thanks, I'll try to find a plug and play version first and if not then look in to pin2dmd. Thanks!

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Thanks, I'll try to find a plug and play version first and if not then look in to pin2dmd. Thanks!

Herg

There can't be too many kits still around that are Uninstalled. How many LCD kits did you produce?

Just more curious than anything else

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

How many LCD kits did you produce?

#1639 3 years ago

I bought one even though I didn’t (and still don’t yet) own an AMH. I will at some point and didn’t want to miss the chance when it was there to get one. I wouldn’t wave that info around, but it was asked.

#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I bought one even though I didn’t (and still don’t yet) own an AMH. I will at some point and didn’t want to miss the chance when it was there to get one. I wouldn’t wave that info around, but it was asked.

Everything has a price...make an offer Eagle14

#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

My broken one was black so maybe it was already replaced?

I have no idea but mine was number sixty something and it was the original door. I do prefer the grey door as it's easier to see on location. I brought my AMH out on the sidewalk this weekend and folks had a blast playing it

1 week later
#1642 3 years ago

Hoping to reveal the full set in late April if possible. For now, here's a teaser of one piece of the full set I'm working on (prototype shown--some changes have already been made from this version):

It will likely be offered as an all or nothing, numbered, limited set. As all pieces will be cohesive to the "world under glass" vision for AMH, I imagine most (that like mods) would want the full set anyway once seen.

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Hoping to reveal the full set in late April if possible. For now, here's a teaser of one piece of the full set I'm working on (prototype shown--some changes have already been made from this version):
It will likely be offered as an all or nothing, numbered, limited set. As all pieces will be cohesive to the "world under glass" vision for AMH, I imagine most (that like mods) would want the full set anyway once seen.

Very Nice! Interested to see the rest of it for sure..

#1644 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

PM sent.

#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I have seriously thought about a mod just like this for this AMH. I'll be watching for this one!

#1646 3 years ago

I would definitely be interested.

#1647 3 years ago

Looks good, can't wait to see more.

#1648 3 years ago

Original amh scoop vs the new one pinball life made me for anyone interested. Had to had some spacers and one longer screw. Was about 80$ plus shipping.

FF2BE9C0-26E0-4CAC-8B76-894DEDABF610 (resized).jpegFF2BE9C0-26E0-4CAC-8B76-894DEDABF610 (resized).jpeg
#1649 3 years ago

Your scoop was broken, it appears to be mostly metal, could you not have just got it welded? A couple dabs of mig weld could have done the trick, but the new unit wasn't that bad a price anyways.

#1650 3 years ago

It had already been welded by a previous owner so figured just get a new one. New one looks super strong so will never break again imo. I’m happy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/33?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.