28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 42.
#2051 9 months ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Hello all.
I joined the "AMH club" roughly a year or so ago and have been having a heck of a time with my two switches that seem to be sharing the same circuit/connection... it's the right sling and the third trough from the kickout into the shooter lane.
For example: a few months back the game wouldn't start up stating that a ball was missing. So when I went into the switch test... it was showing that I was missing a ball in the trough (even though it was there). After replacing the switch and still not fixing my issue - I accidently hit the right sling with my hand and it must have separated the stuck switch (which I think the rubber was too tight across the front) and it started working again and showing that the ball was in the trough. Weird, right?!
Most recently... it is saying that there is a ball missing and no matter how I adjust the switches in the right sling - I can't get either the right sling or my ball trough switch to register.
Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions from someone who has experienced this before with their AMH would greatly be appreciated!!
Thank you in advance,
David

There were some issues with AMH's where some switches were wired backwards in production. This causes some switch hits to trigger other switches, which you will see in the switch test. I have heard of issues between the sling switches and trough switches more than once, so suspect this may be your issue. Check the switch test and see what hitting the sling does.

#2052 9 months ago

Hi Guys - I have AMH side rails that are NOS. One small imperfection in the finish from the factory, but otherwise excellent. I'd like these to go to an AMH in need, so if anyone needs side rails, you can have them for free, just pay for shipping. PM me.

PS - I miss the game!

#2053 9 months ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Hi Guys - I have AMH side rails that are NOS. One small imperfection in the finish from the factory, but otherwise excellent. I'd like these to go to an AMH in need, so if anyone needs side rails, you can have them for free, just pay for shipping. PM me.
PS - I miss the game!

Good Seller!
That AMH is still a big hit in my house and at a local show.

#2054 9 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There were some issues with AMH's where some switches were wired backwards in production. This causes some switch hits to trigger other switches, which you will see in the switch test. I have heard of issues between the sling switches and trough switches more than once, so suspect this may be your issue. Check the switch test and see what hitting the sling does.

Hello and thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, It doesn't do anything. It won't show either the right sling OR the trough being activated.

#2055 9 months ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Hello and thank you for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, It doesn't do anything. It won't show either the right sling OR the trough being activated.

Maybe the switches are bad, or not making contact. You could connect a continuity meter (with the game off) and try closing them by hand. The sling firing could have vibrated enough to unstick the trough switch, but now, it's truly dead... maybe.

#2056 9 months ago
Quoted from herg:

Maybe the switches are bad, or not making contact. You could connect a continuity meter (with the game off) and try closing them by hand. The sling firing could have vibrated enough to unstick the trough switch, but now, it's truly dead... maybe.

I’ll double check that when I head back to the arcade this afternoon. Thank you

1 week later
#2057 9 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

This one is sold and returned to the states to be put in a AMH!

That kit is fantastic and super-rare. Really brings the theme to life.

2 weeks later
#2058 8 months ago

Had one of those games where everything came together, my best score before this was like 70K. Got to battle the demon three times with the extra balls and didn't even know about the "Bumps in the Night" mode. The beginning of the demon mode is legitimately creepy.

20230814_143303 (resized).jpg20230814_143303 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2059 7 months ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Hello all.
I joined the "AMH club" roughly a year or so ago and have been having a heck of a time with my two switches that seem to be sharing the same circuit/connection... it's the right sling and the third trough from the kickout into the shooter lane.
For example: a few months back the game wouldn't start up stating that a ball was missing. So when I went into the switch test... it was showing that I was missing a ball in the trough (even though it was there). After replacing the switch and still not fixing my issue - I accidently hit the right sling with my hand and it must have separated the stuck switch (which I think the rubber was too tight across the front) and it started working again and showing that the ball was in the trough. Weird, right?!
Most recently... it is saying that there is a ball missing and no matter how I adjust the switches in the right sling - I can't get either the right sling or my ball trough switch to register.
Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions from someone who has experienced this before with their AMH would greatly be appreciated!!
Thank you in advance,
David

Just a quick follow up to anyone wanting to know what happened and/or may have the same issue somewhere down the road...

I literally took each color wire and followed it from the "troubled location" to the backbox. The White and Blue wire is connected to the second trough switch, also to the right slingshot and then is connected to the left target bank (associated to the right ramp). The wire had come off of the left target bank but was lying so close to the switch that it was intermittently making contact, making me second guess everything that I was doing and/or looking for to fix. lol

Needless to say... I resoldered the wire to the switch and viola!

Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions.

3 weeks later
#2060 6 months ago

ANy updated videos or gameplay/tutorial....May try and rejoin the club....

Mike

#2061 6 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

ANy updated videos or gameplay/tutorial....May try and rejoin the club....
Mike

If did one recently…

2 months later
#2062 4 months ago

Finally got my AMH shopped out.

Added:
Medisinyl set
Green precision flippers
white star post lights
green footprints on ramp
blue/blue pop ring light (just upper right)
Titan glow rubbers
Laserrific topper

Super happy with the way it turned out!

Still need to add the colordmd and audio dac upgrade.

IMG_2210 (resized).jpegIMG_2210 (resized).jpeg

IMG_2211 (resized).jpegIMG_2211 (resized).jpeg

#2063 4 months ago

What’s the audio dac upgrade?

#2064 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Added:
Medisinyl set
Green precision flippers
white star post lights
green footprints on ramp
Titan glow rubbers
Laserrific topper
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love the Hellevator alteration for #150. Brilliant!

Would just need to print out the Theater Ghost eyes to fix the line up on the backboard (unfortunately the art positioning isn't consistent from game to game--picture frames have leeway to look right amongst the variance, but the eyes needed to be exact to the positioning of my game to work as designed, so printing out the eyes on paper and applying behind the panel is needed to solve for that).

Link to Theater Ghost eyes: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set/page/7#post-6615982

EDIT: and if questioning, the mounting tape should survive if pulling that panel to fix it, and remount with no issue or reapplication of the tape (had done this with my RZ gas station before with the same mounting tape with no issue).

#2065 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Added:
Medisinyl set
Green precision flippers
white star post lights
green footprints on ramp
Titan glow rubbers
Laserrific topper
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great! Love that kit. Someday Ill add this back. A friend just sold one. The only complaint I hear is you need to add some beefier servos and it would be nice if it could be coded to be a little easier.

#2066 4 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

What’s the audio dac upgrade?

A higher quality digital to audio converter (DAC) can be added to the Pinheck board to improve the quality of the callouts. Search this thread for "DAC" and you'll see all the threads.

herg posted a great guide on his website as well:

http://ledocd.com/amh_external_dac

#2067 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looks great! Love that kit. Someday Ill add this back. A friend just sold one. The only complaint I hear is you need to add some beefier servos and it would be nice if it could be coded to be a little easier.

Still need to get that kit installed... just not enough hours in the week...

3 weeks later
#2068 3 months ago

Hey Club!

While playing a game yesterday I noticed I have lost all switches in Column 3. None of them register. All other switches work - it's just the three switches in column 3 on the Green-Yellow wire.

I swapped IC3 and IC4 and the problem remained so it's not the buffer chip.

Switches themselves are ok (checked with meter).

Wondering if a shorted diode on one of the switches would cause this behavior.

Looking for suggestions before I start desolderong stuff.

Thanks!

#2069 3 months ago

Solved. Broken wire from Pinheck to the first switch in the chain. Didn't catch it right away because there isn't any extra wire in the loom and it looked like it was still connected.

Had to bend the lug on the switch to get it to reach the wire after stripping and fortunately that was close enough to let me resolder.

3 months later
#2070 4 days ago

Proud new owner of a loaded up AMH! Couple questions.

1. Is there an option for the chroma lcd color upgrade to adjust the backlight brightness, contrast, settings, etc?

2. Is there a list of all the 3D printable add ons to help the flow of the game and fix ball hangups. just want to make sure I have them all.

3. any option for a shaker?

4. anyone have an extra main board for sale? Thanks in advance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.