28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 42.
#1751 2 years ago

It’s here! Now to unpack it and set it up.

6A1918B8-6B02-4A91-9690-415BBFE30853 (resized).jpeg6A1918B8-6B02-4A91-9690-415BBFE30853 (resized).jpegA84E185A-D723-4DF7-BD65-91586DCBF791 (resized).jpegA84E185A-D723-4DF7-BD65-91586DCBF791 (resized).jpegDC532775-08A0-4151-AF58-A4E402A572D8 (resized).jpegDC532775-08A0-4151-AF58-A4E402A572D8 (resized).jpeg

13A3753A-B630-4B84-B716-131AB37739C5 (resized).jpeg13A3753A-B630-4B84-B716-131AB37739C5 (resized).jpeg
#1752 2 years ago

White Armour, topper, and ghost shooter rod. Next is Medisinyl mod set and replace the rubbers with glow titans. Playfield is near perfect. I can’t find any major wear.

07F769C0-5CAA-4054-BE2F-89FA3BAA693C (resized).jpeg07F769C0-5CAA-4054-BE2F-89FA3BAA693C (resized).jpeg5832A582-FC71-446C-B022-D94EFC44C68F (resized).jpeg5832A582-FC71-446C-B022-D94EFC44C68F (resized).jpeg9AC3A620-66C7-4E24-89CC-E82EEF13D643 (resized).jpeg9AC3A620-66C7-4E24-89CC-E82EEF13D643 (resized).jpegE1837E3D-420B-4B7A-A97E-130AE2183D0D (resized).jpegE1837E3D-420B-4B7A-A97E-130AE2183D0D (resized).jpeg
#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

White Armour, topper, and ghost shooter rod. Next is Medisinyl mod set and replace the rubbers with glow titans. Playfield is near perfect. I can’t find any major wear.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have that armor on order... will get here whenever our Halloween #68 gets here. Looks sharp!

#1754 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I have that armor on order... will get here whenever our Halloween #68 gets here. Looks sharp!

#68…congratulations…you’ll love Halloween! We have #12 and about 400 plays…so much fun. As far as AMH…we fell in love with it. We are going all out on this. A blast to play, great toys, but on the easier side, which appeals to our friends and is a great balance for our collection. Plus, the call outs are stellar!!

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

#68…congratulations…you’ll love Halloween! We have #12 and about 400 plays…so much fun. As far as AMH…we fell in love with it. We are going all out on this. A blast to play, great toys, but on the easier side, which appeals to our friends and is a great balance for our collection. Plus, the call outs are stellar!!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"64b7f944d298182bd033dcff2eb1ca31b7452aa7-1632967089-1800"};
//]]>

"Like, gag me with a spoon... I plaaaan tooo."

#1756 2 years ago

AMH is the finest ghost-hunting pinball machine NOT designed by a pedophile ever made!

#1757 2 years ago

You keep saying that, but I don't think you really need to qualify it. IMO, AMH is the finest ghost-hunting pinball machine.

#1758 2 years ago

It is the only pin in my house, until Halloween shows up. It has been played a lot by my friends, myself, and my two boys (4 and 6). Everyone loves it. I am just getting my pinball skills up to snuff, so it has been a fun game to learn shots on.

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You keep saying that, but I don't think you really need to qualify it. IMO, AMH is the finest ghost-hunting pinball machine.

Yup, Ghostbusters Premium didn't last a year in my lineup. AMH has been here for 7 years now.

Quoted from dnapac:

As far as AMH…we fell in love with it. We are going all out on this. A blast to play, great toys, but on the easier side, which appeals to our friends and is a great balance for our collection.

Is your game really easy? I find it more on the brutal side, myself. I have only got to the Demon Battle one time, and struggle to even get to Bumps In The Night. That's part of what keeps me coming back to it!

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yup, Ghostbusters Premium didn't last a year in my lineup. AMH has been here for 7 years now.

Is your game really easy? I find it more on the brutal side, myself. I have only got to the Demon Battle one time, and struggle to even get to Bumps In The Night. That's part of what keeps me coming back to it!

When I say “easy” I don’t mean I’ve mastered it, I mean the shots are easier to make compared R&M or ACNC. This game is definitely challenging, and a ton of fun to play. Will be part of our collection for a long time.

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When I say “easy” I don’t mean I’ve mastered it, I mean the shots are easier to make compared R&M or ACNC. This game is definitely challenging, and a ton of fun to play. Will be part of our collection for a long time.

I agree. Even if beating one or two "boss ghosts," it is still a fun play. Also, I can usually call my shots for the most part, but can still get short rounds due to out lanes, or STDM. I think it is fair in general, and definitely gets me in the "just one more" mindset.

#1762 2 years ago

I'm cutting the whitewood for my next game this weekend! (the CGC one)

Glad you all still enjoy AMH!

#1763 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm cutting the whitewood for my next game this weekend! (the CGC one)
Glad you all still enjoy AMH!

Will you give purchase priority on your next game to those that own an AMH?
Thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

#1764 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Will you give purchase priority on your next game to those that own an AMH?
Thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

It's CGC not Spooky so guessing not?

Should be pretty cool Pete has done an amazing job with the mechs and NO SERVOS ALLOWED!

#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's CGC not Spooky so guessing not?
Should be pretty cool Pete has done an amazing job with the mechs and NO SERVOS ALLOWED!

So, I’ll ask the source. My door seems…weak. I blast it open and then the ball gets stuck behind it because it holds the door closed. Is this a servo issue. I’ve tried the servo settings, but eventually it seems to sag and becomes a problem again. Taking the glass off is the only way to free the ball resting against the door. BTW…version 23, and loving the game!!

#1766 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, I’ll ask the source. My door seems…weak. I blast it open and then the ball gets stuck behind it because it holds the door closed. Is this a servo issue. I’ve tried the servo settings, but eventually it seems to sag and becomes a problem again. Taking the glass off is the only way to free the ball resting against the door. BTW…version 23, and loving the game!!

Yank that puppy out of there and slap in a new servo.

See my post about this on what's in stock (from Amazon) and works.

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Yank that puppy out of there and slap in a new servo.
See my post about this on what's in stock (from Amazon) and works.

I shall replace the servo. Easy peasy.

#1768 2 years ago

Does the ball get stuck behind the door? Spooky added a lot of ball trap fixes as the game went through its production.

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Does the ball get stuck behind the door? Spooky added a lot of ball trap fixes as the game went through its production.

One hit and the door opens, but then starts to sag. Another hit and it may go in the gobble hole, which is good, or may go behind the door and then shutting it. The ball rests behind the door and then it seems to not have the power to open until the glass is removed and the ball is cleared.
I’ve tried to tighten the screw in the servo where the door attaches to it…with no change

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

One hit and the door opens, but then starts to sag. Another hit and it may go in the gobble hole, which is good, or may go behind the door and then shutting it. The ball rests behind the door and then it seems to not have the power to open until the glass is removed and the ball is cleared.
I’ve tried to tighten the screw in the servo where the door attaches to it…with no change

Sounds like a dead servo to me.

"I repent my use of servos!"

#1771 2 years ago

Servo replaced! Made the door work much better. Two questions.

1). The ball (2nd ball, 1st is in the gobble hole) occasionally gets the door open enough to get stuck in the gobble hole with the first ball and pinned by the door. Good news is that ball search will clear it now (before the servo was so weak the door couldn’t open to let it clear). Is there a way to prevent this? If not, I can live with it. Like I said, it will clear with ball search.

2). I know Ben has added an adjustment for the servos (like the door). I’ve gone into the service menu and to servos, but it doesn’t let me “adjust” them, just makes them work…kinda like a coil or switch check. Am I missing how to adjust them.

Thanks for you help. Love this game. A ton of fun to play and built like a classic car. Built well, and the owner can easily service them. I kinda like servos (sorry Ben). No soldering to replace them, just a couple screws and a plug.

#1772 2 years ago

There's a plastic piece that was added during production - it goes behind the door and if a ball is stuck there, when the door opens the plastic pushes the ball into the VUK. Is that what you need? (Spooky could help)

What version code? Can't remember when I added it, but later versions of code yes you can tweak the "open and closed" positions of the door, hellavator, etc.

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There's a plastic piece that was added during production - it goes behind the door and if a ball is stuck there, when the door opens the plastic pushes the ball into the VUK. Is that what you need? (Spooky could help)
What version code? Can't remember when I added it, but later versions of code yes you can tweak the "open and closed" positions of the door, hellavator, etc.

I know what plastic piece you mean, when I reinstalled it, I may hav left too much gap… I’ll check. I have version 23 installed.

Thanks!

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:I know what plastic piece you mean, when I reinstalled it, I may hav left too much gap… I’ll check. I have version 23 installed.

Thanks!

FWIW - The 2nd ball shouldn't be getting past the door once you have a ball locked behind it. This is the main problem. When the door is closed, ball strikes should only push it back slightly before it immediately goes back to the closed position. It should not let balls past unless it is fully opened. This servo can be more difficult to replace than the others because of the strict threshold for the door's open and closed positions. Make sure the servo isn't still pulling on the door when it's full open/closed or it will burn up again quick.

#1775 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Servo replaced! Made the door work much better. Two questions.
1). The ball (2nd ball, 1st is in the gobble hole) occasionally gets the door open enough to get stuck in the gobble hole with the first ball and pinned by the door. Good news is that ball search will clear it now (before the servo was so weak the door couldn’t open to let it clear). Is there a way to prevent this? If not, I can live with it. Like I said, it will clear with ball search.
2). I know Ben has added an adjustment for the servos (like the door). I’ve gone into the service menu and to servos, but it doesn’t let me “adjust” them, just makes them work…kinda like a coil or switch check. Am I missing how to adjust them.
Thanks for you help. Love this game. A ton of fun to play and built like a classic car. Built well, and the owner can easily service them. I kinda like servos (sorry Ben). No soldering to replace them, just a couple screws and a plug.

1. If you try to move the door by hand with the game on, does it have play? I'm wondering if the round servo mount that attaches to the door arm (or something else) might be loose and allowing the door to move, even when the servo is trying to hold it closed.

2. There are options for the open and closed positions. I think it's called SERVO DEFAULT, or something like that. There are not power settings, if that's what you're asking.

#1776 2 years ago

V23 is the latest (IIRC) and should have servo "extremity adjustment" ie if the door isn't opening enough or the Hella armor doesn't move far up enough.

My next game has ZERO servos. I really regret getting Spooky addicted to them. I'm an enabler.

#1777 2 years ago

When I brought this game home about a month or so ago, I was playing it initially, without knowing the rules or anything, just having a fun first few games. At some point I triggered a "Flappy Bird" like minigame. Is it well known how to get to this?

#1778 2 years ago

Wow, I forgot all about that. It was basically Ben’s “fine, I’ll put in a f*cling video mode”. It’s a flappy bird spoof and was mostly a joke IIRC.

#1779 2 years ago

I have forgotten how to enable it. Think it's after you earn X Spirit Awards? *shrugs*

#1780 2 years ago

Thanks for all your help! I found the fine tune settings in the service menu, and tightened the door screw to the servo. It’s much better, but I now know the problem. When the door is closed and I hit it with the ball. It doesn’t return to the closed position. It moves slightly towards the closed position, but doesn’t return to full closed. It slowly is forced opened with multiple ball hits. Any ideas. Everything else works great. And I have switched the servo out to a new one.

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When the door is closed and I hit it with the ball. It doesn’t return to the closed position. It moves slightly towards the closed position, but doesn’t return to full closed. It slowly is forced opened with multiple ball hits.

Like herg was getting at, it could be the servo bushing (round gear-like thing) that attaches the servo to the door arm is missing some teeth, or something else is stripped out there? Did you change the bushing out with the servo?

#1782 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Like herg was getting at, it could be the servo bushing (round gear-like thing) that attaches the servo to the door arm is missing some teeth, or something else is stripped out there? Did you change the bushing out with the servo?

Thought about that when I changed the servo…so it’s new. I’ll try reseat it again. Otherwise is opens and closes strong…no problem.

#1783 2 years ago

No worries. This will get sorted. I think I’ll upload a video if it continues. We are loving this pin. It may get figured out when I do the tear down for Medisinyl’s mods…can’t wait for this. I’m in the second batch, so may be late October/early November.

#1784 2 years ago

There really are only a few possibilities I see for the door getting pushed back and not returning.

1. The servo could be broken. You've addressed that by replacing it.
2. The servo to bushing interface could be slipping. You've replaced the bushing, but I'd still check by hand to see if it slips.
3. The door arm could be broken. That should be easy to see.
4. The door could be rubbing something and binding up when trying to return to closed. You would be able to hear the servo buzzing and feel a vibration if this were the case.
5. Some weird software issue that is triggered by a broken opto or something like that. This seems like a longshot because the servo is always driving to a target location, and the only targets I know of are open, closed, and the wiggle when you hit the door. None of these target locations would drift over multiple hits.

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

There really are only a few possibilities I see for the door getting pushed back and not returning.
1. The servo could be broken. You've addressed that by replacing it.
2. The servo to bushing interface could be slipping. You've replaced the bushing, but I'd still check by hand to see if it slips.
3. The door arm could be broken. That should be easy to see.
4. The door could be rubbing something and binding up when trying to return to closed. You would be able to hear the servo buzzing and feel a vibration if this were the case.
5. Some weird software issue that is triggered by a broken opto or something like that. This seems like a longshot because the servo is always driving to a target location, and the only targets I know of are open, closed, and the wiggle when you hit the door. None of these target locations would drift over multiple hits.

Agree with all of this. I think I’ll make a short video tonight and post it. Sometimes fresh eyes can give the answer (and it’s usually something dumb that’s being missed). It works perfect (fast and strong) when it either opens fully or closes fully, but just has trouble returning to closed when hit by the ball and becomes partially open. I’ve got to be missing something easy…I’ll get on that video. Thanks everyone.

#1786 2 years ago

Here’s what I got. Sorry, I shot this by myself and I have a little trouble with aspect and actually pointing it correctly at the servo. It’s nice and clear though. What am I doing wrong? I have to be missing something (probably an easy catch) but I’m stumped.

#1787 2 years ago

That definitely looks to me like the bushing is slipping. It never returns to fully open after that, right? Not even if you turn the game off and on again?

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That definitely looks to me like the bushing is slipping. It never returns to fully open after that, right? Not even if you turn the game off and on again?

Ok. I have a few replacement servos. I’ll replace the bushing again. It actually returns to full open after it clears and opens again. Full open and full close always work.

#1789 2 years ago

If it does return to fully closed, that's likely not the problem. I can't think of what the problem would be, but it's not likely it would just slip back into place. Hmmm...

On second thought, once it decides to open, it might be forcing the door to slip back. Then, when it closes again, it's aligned close to correctly on the servo gear.

#1790 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="

Quoted from herg:

If it does return to fully closed, that's likely not the problem. I can't think of what the problem would be, but it's not likely it would just slip back into place. Hmmm...

Could it be some weird glitch in code? I have a Medisinyl mod set coming and was gonna see if my tear down and replacement fixed it. Replacing code seems kinda cumbersome, but maybe I’m just over thinking it. What ya think. Thanks for all your help.

#1791 2 years ago

I tried to edit, but was too slow.

#1792 2 years ago

I’ll replace the bushing (easiest). Next I’m gonna get a new left flipper coil (has been possibly auto flipping since I bought it (hard to tell if it’s just too sensitive). The original owner noted it and adjusted it, but maybe it needs to be replaced and is causing some weird electrical issue. I have blown the right most coil fuse twice). Next is see if the tear down and rebuild with the new mod set helps. Finally redo the code. Does this seem reasonable? We love this pin and are going all in to make it incredible (a few great mods). It’s in incredible shape and worth it.

#1793 2 years ago

The left flipper auto flipping is a setting, something like "Doctor Ghost Attract" that is intending to let you know to look for a ball coming down the left ramp. It also has a bug in it that will blow the fuse if you hold the left flipper button while it happens. If you disable that feature, you likely get two items fixed easily.

Making sure the bushing is a good fit sounds like the best action. I'm skeptical that it's code related.

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The left flipper auto flipping is a setting, something like "Doctor Ghost Attract" that is intending to let you know to look for a ball coming down the left ramp. It also has a bug in it that will blow the fuse if you hold the left flipper button while it happens. If you disable that feature, you likely get two items fixed easily.
Making sure the bushing is a good fit sounds like the best action. I'm skeptical that it's code related.

Good info! I also suspect the bushing. Everything else is good. I’ll check for that setting and set it correctly. Thanks for all the good info!!

#1795 2 years ago

Are there any must do adjustments for a new AMH owner? herg , didn't you post that your had changed some code to make the flippers more sensitive?

#1796 2 years ago

Not more sensitive, but I did change the code to make the flipper power settings work, along with some other changes. There is not any official build that includes my changes, nor would I recommend anyone who is not comfortable with embedded software and messing with their game to try any of it.

I submitted pull requests with my changes on Ben's github project. If you don't know what that means, I would recommend sticking to the official v23 build.

Must do adjustments? Other than making sure everything works, the thing that I feel affects gameplay the most is the scoop kickout. The scoop weldment changed a bit during the build, and the early ones tend to either kick out too hard, knocking down the right flipper, or the ball rattles around and doesn't get kicked out. Replacing the scoop with a new one from Pinball Life totally changed my game for the better.

#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Are there any must do adjustments for a new AMH owner?

There's a 'fix' for the jump ramp, but not all machines need it. With some AMH's this shot rattles out a lot, but you can plug in a piece that extends the guide rail leading up to the ramp. Originally, I made the part out of a modified clothes pin, but there was also a 3D printed version available at one time, if I remember correctly. The shot is smooth as butter with the fix.

Also, make sure that the middle lane returns balls cleanly to the left flipper when they exit this way from the pops. On some games the guide needed to be bent slightly to keep balls from feeding sdtm.

#1798 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Originally, I made the part out of a modified clothes pin, but there was also a 3D printed version available at one time, if I remember correctly.

I should probably post the 3D pint file on Thingiverse, but it's available here:
http://ledocd.com/files/AMH_Jump_Shim.zip

#1799 2 years ago

That jump ramp was a dumb idea on my part.

#1800 2 years ago

The jump ramp worked perfectly for me but the previous owner may have done some adjustments to get it to work right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.