28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1642 3 years ago

Hoping to reveal the full set in late April if possible. For now, here's a teaser of one piece of the full set I'm working on (prototype shown--some changes have already been made from this version):

It will likely be offered as an all or nothing, numbered, limited set. As all pieces will be cohesive to the "world under glass" vision for AMH, I imagine most (that like mods) would want the full set anyway once seen.

1 week later
#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Hoping to reveal the full set in late April if possible. For now, here's a teaser of one piece of the full set I'm working on (prototype shown--some changes have already been made from this version):
It will likely be offered as an all or nothing, numbered, limited set. As all pieces will be cohesive to the "world under glass" vision for AMH, I imagine most (that like mods) would want the full set anyway once seen.

Below is an earlier prototype than the version currently in my game, but I thought a dimly lit teaser of another piece could be neat to see. Full set will help bring everything together once complete.

Vent flashes green before the ball shoots out the VUK (as if to give the impression the ball travels through the air vent). Will have video once I do the proper reveal. Keeping some mystery for now.

Hard to see in this pic, but green feet similar to those on the right ramp are present in the attic here.

Structure around the door adds a lot IMO, and even enhances the perception of the creaking and slamming audio effects for the door (hard to sense a real door slam with a free floating door ).

Lit sign theater name was a mash up of what that door is used for in the game, and the cult 1980 horror film, "The Gates of Hell" seemed perfect to throw a reference to Ben "Heck," especially with the door factor.

Will show more within a couple weeks hopefully. The widest section has yet to be shown.

20210404_104402 (resized).jpg20210404_104402 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Had a bit of a development hiatus (focusing on order backlogs), but am making progress here again.

For those curious, here's a peek at the progression of the elevator segment that was teased in the video linked in the quote.

Can better see where the breaks were headed in mating up to the factory plastic, and there's also now a piece to raise the factory plastic (with matching boards).

Pic shows a test size prototype (without moulding) that I'm experimenting with finish options on.

Hand painting the grooves with dark stain, then sanding the top. Middle section is bare after sanding, matte on the right, and gloss on the left. Making all the parts as bright as the factory plastic wouldn't look right, so working toward blending it all as well as possible. I'll have a better idea once I finish the portion behind that will have some lighting.

Eventually I'll make a dedicated thread when a full reveal is more imminent.

20210505_154205 (resized).jpg20210505_154205 (resized).jpg

Quoted from benheck:

It is the greatest ghost hunting themed pinball machine not designed by a pedophile in history!

The mechs in AMH are more exciting than anything in GB IMO, and the way certain aspects are coded are far more engaging and creative (for one, fighting the door being held by the ghost has the player genuinely interacting with a world under glass/DMD animation, in a way I rarely see even thought of in other games).

I like both games, but GB would leave first.

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Had a bit of a development hiatus (focusing on order backlogs), but am making progress here again.
For those curious, here's a peek at the progression of the elevator segment that was teased in the video linked in the quote.
Can better see where the breaks were headed in mating up to the factory plastic, and there's also now a piece to raise the factory plastic (with matching boards).
Pic shows a test size prototype (without moulding) that I'm experimenting with finish options on.
Hand painting the grooves with dark stain, then sanding the top. Middle section is bare after sanding, matte on the right, and gloss on the left. Making all the parts as bright as the factory plastic wouldn't look right, so working toward blending it all as well as possible. I'll have a better idea once I finish the portion behind that will have some lighting.
Eventually I'll make a dedicated thread when a full reveal is more imminent.
[quoted image]

The mechs in AMH are more exciting than anything in GB IMO, and the way certain aspects are coded are far more engaging and creative (for one, fighting the door being held by the ghost has the player genuinely interacting with a world under glass/DMD animation, in a way I rarely see even thought of in other games).
I like both games, but GB would leave first.

Last couple teaser photos I'll add to the club thread (not sure if the majority enjoys seeing such projects, or if I'm cluttering the thread). Still need to add the dial, motor, lighting, etc., but getting close to a first build of a production version of the elevator (more to show eventually). There's a few detail enhancements since the quoted prototype image.

For the top, I ultimately went with the gloss clear, then sanding most of the sheen off the top after it cures (that's blending the mod and factory parts well in person now).

Quoted from benheck:

Well it has a decent amount. Like most of the ghosts were done on my old Makerbot (which someone STILL works)
We just didn't have the "printer bandwidth" to do more than we did. Now Spooky have like 15 printers haha.

I do question what game designers think when I mod their games. I'm well aware creativity isn't the bottleneck, and one of the highlights of my life was when Charlie bought my first RZ mod.

AMH is a gem in the world of pinball IMO. The self-aware cheese factor is there, along with brilliant coding. Every time I play, I think to myself, "this couldn't possibly be made today."

20210509_023125 (resized).jpg20210509_023125 (resized).jpg20210509_023156 (resized).jpg20210509_023156 (resized).jpg

#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Looking forward to seeing the whole product, Medisinyl ! Really dig your creations. I thought a bit of taxidermy would fit into the whole aesthetic and when I found this mini Badger mount I knew it was meant to be.
[quoted image]

Ha, reminds me of this photo I took in Vegas some years back (though this one may be better suited toward producing toppers for Thunderbirds).

Glad you're digging the mods

20171221_200945 (resized).jpg20171221_200945 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1677 2 years ago

Okay, one last teaser post. Thread seems too quiet

Backboard panels before installing the flickering sconces (EDIT: added a pic with unlit sconces). Middle light is shown, but it will have a flicker circuit added to it for the haunted lighting effect (looks yellow in person).

This expands beyond the factory backboard, filling out the gaps. Of course it makes more sense once seen installed, but I'll hold that back for a full reveal.

The frame colors mostly correspond with the character's mode color, and this slightly cartoony approach better blended with the playfield, etc. than more realistic options. Theater ghost peers out from a section of broken wall (continuing the broken wood theme from the factory hotel plastic).

20210613_025720 (resized).jpg20210613_025720 (resized).jpg
20210613_044859 (resized).jpg20210613_044859 (resized).jpg

20210613_080639 (resized).jpg20210613_080639 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1695 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Okay, one last teaser post. Thread seems too quiet
Backboard panels before installing the flickering sconces (EDIT: added a pic with unlit sconces). Middle light is shown, but it will have a flicker circuit added to it for the haunted lighting effect (looks yellow in person).
This expands beyond the factory backboard, filling out the gaps. Of course it makes more sense once seen installed, but I'll hold that back for a full reveal.
The frame colors mostly correspond with the character's mode color, and this slightly cartoony approach better blended with the playfield, etc. than more realistic options. Theater ghost peers out from a section of broken wall (continuing the broken wood theme from the factory hotel plastic).
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

The mod set is now essentially complete. There's a few tweaks to get to, but hoping for a reveal by the end of next week.

Here's the left pop bumper cap for now. The brim is shortened near the ramp to prevent a ball trap, but unnoticed once installed.

I know the game art depicts the bottle as brown, but this works better IMO, and still matches the general appearance. It's my first time using PETG, which was a pain to dial in, but it's much stronger than PLA, and the only material I could find to get this dark, transparent green.

The bottle and letters light up with the pop bumper light (will show at reveal). There's also a bar counter that lifts when the ball passes through in either direction, and a couple other pieces to show
20210630_192454 (resized).jpg20210630_192454 (resized).jpg

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it all together.

Quoted from Nevus:

Good news.
Im looking forward to the full reveal.

I appreciate the encouragement

I don't know if it will sell many sets, and it will be limited in some fashion, but I hope it's at least something entertaining for everyone to see.

----------

For those that like seeing the process, here's a few comparison shots of the key box.

[unnecessary details below ]

One shows the finished piece near one that came off the print bed (slightly different as it was a previous prototype).

The others show some stages of the evolution.

First was just for basic measurements.

Second to test new measurements and add basic wood sculpting (slightly slanted at the back to accommodate the new backboard set).

Third added the key box, but it wound up too short in scale to the lobby table (replacement for the blue ORB guides). I also needed to take the picture frames into account.

Fourth has a taller key box, but I wanted more detail on the key # plaques.

Fifth added the simple plaque detail that works well at this scale/distance, and also a bit more detail to the broken wood. This was the only one that got any clear coat (some areas sanded again afterward).

------

Still aiming for a reveal by the end of the week.
20210704_051928 (resized).jpg20210704_051928 (resized).jpg20210704_052338 (resized).jpg20210704_052338 (resized).jpg20210704_052442 (resized).jpg20210704_052442 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the encouragement
I don't know if it will sell many sets, and it will be limited in some fashion, but I hope it's at least something entertaining for everyone to see.
----------
For those that like seeing the process, here's a few comparison shots of the key box.
[unnecessary details below ]
One shows the finished piece near one that came off the print bed (slightly different as it was a previous prototype).
The others show some stages of the evolution.
First was just for basic measurements.
Second to test new measurements and add basic wood sculpting (slightly slanted at the back to accommodate the new backboard set).
Third added the key box, but it wound up too short in scale to the lobby table (replacement for the blue ORB guides). I also needed to take the picture frames into account.
Fourth has a taller key box, but I wanted more detail on the key # plaques.
Fifth added the simple plaque detail that works well at this scale/distance, and also a bit more detail to the broken wood. This was the only one that got any clear coat (some areas sanded again afterward).
------
Still aiming for a reveal by the end of the week.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

EDIT: [added an early shot of the new panels roughly in place--will sit slightly higher when installed. Elevator removed in the photo].

Wiring up the newest version of the back panels (not the final finish shown [gets sanded again after this point]).

Corners simply slide out if the playfield needs to be lifted to the maximum (photo shows an unfinished piece with the corner removed, and playfield at max lift).

A minor hassle on rare occasion, but worth the greater immersion had from widening the backboard and closing the gaps (in my opinion ).

Sconce tops go a couple millimeters above the corner piece line, so the transition isn't noticed.

Reveal with video any day now (certainly meant to be experienced with the lights off and mod lighting on ).

20210711_013009 (resized).jpg20210711_013009 (resized).jpg20210711_074452 (resized).jpg20210711_074452 (resized).jpg

20210711_101602 (resized).jpg20210711_101602 (resized).jpg

#1702 2 years ago

Hoping for a reveal video later today/tonight if possible. I need to prioritize some Elvira, TMNT, and ACNC orders today, but here's a good idea of what it looks like, despite the theater sign being blown out in the pic.

Air vent also lights up green with the back left flasher, so it flickers before the VUK shoots it out, to give the impression the ball goes through the ducting

6 new lights + the bottle lights up with the factory pop bumper light.

Motorized Hellevator dial.

Interactive laundry chute door and bar counter.

---------

My game came with some purple light strip in the back that didn't look good to me, and the back of the game was too dark without it, but the new flickering lights in the back work perfect for my taste, and adds to the haunted atmosphere.

‐---------------
--‐-------------

AMH mod plans/ideas that never came to fruition...some may be revisited one day.

* 3D railings

* Bathroom (with ghostly "mens" image) on the right habitrail with a sprung door that opens with the ball, briefly revealing a toilet inside.

* Bar ghost spread out over the pop bumpers, mouth open upward toward a bottle she's holding...where each time the pop bumper fires, she'd move the bottle...up and down her throat...similar to the GnR drum action (this would have been more of a subjective novelty, and difficult to make with what I have available).

* Pepper's Ghost effect behind the lobby desk (wasn't sure how to integrate it as desired and with the other things I wanted to do).
20210714_085926 (resized).jpg20210714_085926 (resized).jpg

#1707 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

What a difference! Awesome.

I appreciate the positive feedback from everyone thus far (I'm always a bit nervous when revealing new mods, and this more than any as I've put so much time into it, nearly defeated a few times).

Currently going through photos and videos and trying to edit something together (not an area I'm skilled in ).

*A difference indeed--I took a pic I had on hand for a quick before and after to better visualize it (not quite apples to apples environment, but some idea).

I've since swapped that purple bulb in the back left for frosted white.

--------

It will be a limited, hand numbered, all or nothing set. I don't expect to hit anywhere near the hard cap, but it will either be capped at whatever interest I have by the end of August, or a max of 48 sets (+ my set and the one I'll give to Spooky [these will be part of the hand numbered total]). Shipping beginning the first week of Sept.
beforeafteramh (resized).jpgbeforeafteramh (resized).jpg

#1710 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m in. How do I order?

I'll hold a spot for you and confirm once details and pricing are revealed (everyone that asked to be on a list are locked in if they still want in at that time).

I'll make a mod thread for the reveal, and interest can be posted in the thread to help prevent excess PMs (I'll mark those already on the list at the front as pending until I get confirmation for or against).

Payment wouldn't be necessary until I'm near shipping.

I'll likely wait to post until mid-day tomorrow so I can be available once revealed.

#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That is AWESOME!
Is this using the GI code for lighting the active ghost mode for Kingpin Chris' mod? (that I don't think he ever finished?)

And it's awesome to get such feedback from the highest source

That back panel mod lighting came to mind, but I couldn't find enough information about it to figure out how to tap into that. Did seem like it was abandoned.

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dug up the code. V23 (2016) does support Chris' mod which I don't think he finished?
So yes, the secondary GI bank controls the following:
Bit 0 - Prison Ghost
Bit 1 - Hospital
Bit 2 - Bar
Bit 3 - War fort
Bit 4 - Hotel
Bit 5 - Theater
I believe it blinks the GI when mode active, then solid on after it's won.
Oh but there's more!
Bit 6 is for putting a light behind the Crystal Ball the physic woman is holding on the BG art. When Spirit Guide is lit this GI will also be on, so you can make the ball "glow" in the art if you wish.
Have fun!

Thank you for the information. Kingpin's mod would have combined very well.

Perhaps I could consider an add on at some point, as it seems like a shame to not put that code to use, though the current placement of the flickering light above the army ghost/"lobby" would clash a bit, and I do like that lighting effect as well.

I'm still stuck on V22 at the moment (sounded like I may need to borrow a laptop to make the update more practical). Looking forward to getting V23 in there when I can.

#1717 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

In the photo it appeared as if you had controlled which ghost portrait was lit, that's what made me think of the code.
Just saying, it's already in the with v23, so go nuts if you wish! Amazing mod work regardless, wish we hadn't limited this to 150

That's exactly what had come to mind for me before, so the connection made sense immediately

I'll get V23 in soon and experiment

And yeah, for awhile I thought I may have lost my chance at getting one (when they were selling second hand for nearly $10k IIRC [or high for the time, whatever it was]).

#1719 2 years ago

A mod thread with video has been created: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set

Anyone that had expressed early interest here or via PM is accounted for in the "pending" spots (I didn't want to add usernames until confirmed). I'll either message you first, or just let me know if you're still in after checking out the video and pricing (or post in the thread). New interest can post in the thread by copy/pasting the initial list and adding your screen-name.

Thanks again to everyone for the positive feedback thus far (and really support for my mods in general over the last four years--I still can't believe how well received much of what I've done has been, and hope to improve and offer better things as I learn more [learning to code is something I hope to do eventually to bring greater ideas to fruition]).

1 year later
#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Every once in a while I think about getting back in the AMH club....Would want the Medysinal mod. How many did he make? Still avail? Don many games come up for sale with it installed. Thx for any help.

45 total sets, which includes the set that's in my game, and set #2 that was gifted to Spooky (not sure what the fate of that set was).

So 43 out there beyond those.

They were a hand numbered, limited set, and no longer available.

#1976 1 year ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I just got a AMH again and any idea on where to get servos

The "Axial Tactic TSX45" is a metal gear upgrade over the stock servos.

ebay.com link: itm

3 months later
#2029 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I see after reading some posts in the thread that the sound issue is normal. Will think about doing the sound mod for a fix.

Mine does the same thing occasionally, and can perhaps even brick the game--recently had SFX error come up, rendering the game unplayable (glitched screen and game would quickly die if a start was attempted)...unplugging the audio brought the game back to life, and worked fine again with audio once plugged back in...weird. Jack on the board seems very loose fitting.

If you find a fix, please post

8 months later
#2064 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Finally got my AMH shopped out.
Added:
Medisinyl set
Green precision flippers
white star post lights
green footprints on ramp
blue/blue pop ring light (just upper right)
Titan glow rubbers
Laserrific topper
Super happy with the way it turned out!
Still need to add the colordmd and audio dac upgrade.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love the Hellevator alteration for #150. Brilliant!

Would just need to print out the Theater Ghost eyes to fix the line up on the backboard (unfortunately the art positioning isn't consistent from game to game--picture frames have leeway to look right amongst the variance, but the eyes needed to be exact to the positioning of my game to work as designed, so printing out the eyes on paper and applying behind the panel is needed to solve for that).

Link to Theater Ghost eyes: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set/page/7#post-6615982

EDIT: and if questioning, the mounting tape should survive if pulling that panel to fix it, and remount with no issue or reapplication of the tape (had done this with my RZ gas station before with the same mounting tape with no issue).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.