New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 124615)

AMH Club - A Spooky Start

By goatdan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,543 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 279 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201013_202011 (resized).jpg
20201005_182046 (resized).jpg
0602191133~2 (resized).jpg
20200920_183124 (resized).jpg
7CB0B53E-C809-46AF-BAB0-3D1A1C9C22CB (resized).jpeg
20200826_134224 (resized).jpg
20180624_094528 (resized).jpg
20180624_094622 (resized).jpg
0505201736a (resized).jpg
AT0.gif
P9A.gif
WGC.gif
Pinheck_Carrier (resized).PNG
AMH_Top (resized).png
0411201842_HDR (resized).jpg
0411201842a_HDR (resized).jpg

There are 1543 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.
#1501 60 days ago

Thanks guys went through the steps herg suggested everything worked said success on the eeprom update screen came back said sfx error and locked up again. I bought a new sd card but tried using it before fixing the eeprom maybe sd is bad from that or maybe still don't have sd code right

#1502 60 days ago

If you turn your game on now, does it say SFX ERROR, or does it still show the green dots of static? If it says SFX ERROR, your EEPROM is confirmed fixed, and your card still has issues.

There's nothing magical about a new card, and I would still format it right out of the package. If your old card is truly dead, then yeah, a new card would be necessary.

I'm starting to wonder if using full card images rather than individual files would be more reliable. It's a higher barrier to entry, but it would prevent getting files in the wrong places. This problem is far too common.

#1503 60 days ago

It still shows static it only show sfx error after i run the Propeller IDE. i run propeller laptop say success the game does a reboot screen goes blank then says sfx error and goes back to static

#1504 59 days ago

Well, I'm just going to have to man up and take my lumps on this one. It was bugging me, so I tried to reproduce what you did, and I ended up finding that I had posted the wrong file for XPin games. Try this one instead. My apologies.

http://ledocd.com/files/AMH_AVKERNEL_PCM5102_DAC_20200827.zip

#1505 56 days ago

I found this bug at the end of my ball during Bumps in the Night, the final score is jumbled on the screen like it’s out of focus. This has happened 3 times to me. Not sure if Ben even wants to look into it, but thought I’d mention it.

Can I say, I don’t know why this game doesn’t rate higher. I did a playfield swap and got everything dialed in and it plays great. The game code is so well designed, in my opinion. Got to Demon Battle for the first time tonight. Love the game.

7CB0B53E-C809-46AF-BAB0-3D1A1C9C22CB (resized).jpeg
#1506 56 days ago
Quoted from spandol:

I found this bug at the end of my ball during Bumps in the Night, the final score is jumbled on the screen like it’s out of focus. This has happened 3 times to me. Not sure if Ben even wants to look into it, but thought I’d mention it.

Do you think it's possible to get a picture or video of this? It might be a bug related to the color display. Occasionally, it does have glitches due to SD card reads failing. I've tweaked that as much as I can, I think. That shouldn't be mode specific though, so if BitN is causing it repeatedly, it might be something else.

#1507 56 days ago
Quoted from herg:

Do you think it's possible to get a picture or video of this? It might be a bug related to the color display. Occasionally, it does have glitches due to SD card reads failing. I've tweaked that as much as I can, I think. That shouldn't be mode specific though, so if BitN is causing it repeatedly, it might be something else.

I was wondering this too. I will get a video of it to post as soon as I am able. Thanks Herg for looking into this.

#1508 56 days ago

Also I forgot to mention, getting the main MB along with minion MB is quite a rush!

2 weeks later
#1509 36 days ago

Finally got to Demon Battle tonight and completed it. What a rush!

20200920_183124 (resized).jpg
#1510 36 days ago

That’s awesome! A lot of fun.

I tried filming the bonus screen, but the problem never occurred, as I mention above. I did see it another time but not after Bumps in the Night.

#1511 35 days ago
Quoted from spandol:

That’s awesome! A lot of fun.
I tried filming the bonus screen, but the problem never occurred, as I mention above. I did see it another time but not after Bumps in the Night.

There is a known issue where an SD card read can fail and cause garbled fonts and/or colors until the next scene caused a reload. Luckily, it is rare. That also seems to line up with what you're talking about. I've tweaked that code so much that I don't think I can really do any better. The Extreme Pro card does it less frequently than the stock card, but the color code is reading the card so much more often than stock code that it does run into issues, even with a fast card.

#1512 29 days ago

If anyone is looking to sell or trade I am interested in obtaining this game. Had one, sold it, and my daughter hasn't forgiven me. I have a BKSOR premium with topper available to trade.

#1513 28 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If anyone is looking to sell or trade I am interested in obtaining this game. Had one, sold it, and my daughter hasn't forgiven me. I have a BKSOR premium with topper available to trade.

Wouldn't give mine up for that title, but good luck.

#1514 28 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have a BKSOR premium with topper available to trade.

Interesting... what do you think the value would be? Straight swap? I haven’t seen many AMH come up for sale recently so I’m out of the loop.

Funny enough, I just played mine for the first time in ages. I got a new AMH backglass with the kiwi Rick and Morty shipment, the colour is so much nicer (deeper blues). Just fitted it and ripped out a good game to celebrate.

Now I need to fit the colour DMD I bought for it over a year ago. Lol

rd

#1515 28 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Interesting... what do you think the value would be? Straight swap? I haven’t seen many AMH come up for sale recently so I’m out of the loop.
Funny enough, I just played mine for the first time in ages. I got a new AMH backglass with the kiwi Rick and Morty shipment, the colour is so much nicer (deeper blues). Just fitted it and ripped out a good game to celebrate.
Now I need to fit the colour DMD I bought for it over a year ago. Lol
rd

If you did it solely off averages per pinside 1200 cash to him plus amh.

BK Prem is falling in value if you look at the last few sales. Newer games tend to do that unless they are out of production and highly sought after. This could change if it got a major code update that radically improved its standings, but otherwise it will continue to go down in value for a bit before leveling out. Right now this seems to be in the low 6's , but with people dumping for Avengers listing it at 62-6400 would probably have it sitting for a bit. (assuming no major mods and huo here).

AMH would depend on what it has. 150 made and if someone is wanting one they will pony up, but it can also end up sitting waiting for a buyer. Pinside values are handy if a game is stable/unchanged, but since they are historical major changes that affect value are not factored in. Major code updates that change perception of the game, major mods, sudden upticks in interest (this used to happen when streamers would feature games, radical is a good example), etc. In AMH's case sales history does not reflect the color display addition or the sound upgrade. Last sale had it but they listed low, even compared to the prior several sales. HUO, fully decked out game would probably hit 6k+ especially heading into the christmas selling season which includes october.

That all said, if I were Crile1 I wouldn't do an even trade for an amh. Would be better off selling it, being patient and waiting for someone to list, although given the rarity if he has to do shipping it could cost more, so its waiting for one within driving distance. As an AMH owner I wouldn't do an even trade unless I really wanted a bk prem. Long term it will go down in value. I don't see amh radically climbing unless it becomes a flavor of the month, but it will hold its value and average prices will probably creep closer to 6k with the current mods available. Just my opinion.

#1516 27 days ago
Quoted from dung:

If you did it solely off averages per pinside 1200 cash to him plus amh.
BK Prem is falling in value if you look at the last few sales. Newer games tend to do that unless they are out of production and highly sought after. This could change if it got a major code update that radically improved its standings, but otherwise it will continue to go down in value for a bit before leveling out. Right now this seems to be in the low 6's , but with people dumping for Avengers listing it at 62-6400 would probably have it sitting for a bit. (assuming no major mods and huo here).
AMH would depend on what it has. 150 made and if someone is wanting one they will pony up, but it can also end up sitting waiting for a buyer. Pinside values are handy if a game is stable/unchanged, but since they are historical major changes that affect value are not factored in. Major code updates that change perception of the game, major mods, sudden upticks in interest (this used to happen when streamers would feature games, radical is a good example), etc. In AMH's case sales history does not reflect the color display addition or the sound upgrade. Last sale had it but they listed low, even compared to the prior several sales. HUO, fully decked out game would probably hit 6k+ especially heading into the christmas selling season which includes october.
That all said, if I were Crile1 I wouldn't do an even trade for an amh. Would be better off selling it, being patient and waiting for someone to list, although given the rarity if he has to do shipping it could cost more, so its waiting for one within driving distance. As an AMH owner I wouldn't do an even trade unless I really wanted a bk prem. Long term it will go down in value. I don't see amh radically climbing unless it becomes a flavor of the month, but it will hold its value and average prices will probably creep closer to 6k with the current mods available. Just my opinion.

An AMH in CO was for sale for 16 weeks and had the price eventually down to $4500 before selling recently for who knows what. I love the game but I think you may have the price a bit off.

#1517 27 days ago

Sold mine a few weeks ago for the equivalent of $5100 USD with topper, color LCD, etc...

#1518 27 days ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

An AMH in CO was for sale for 16 weeks and had the price eventually down to $4500 before selling recently for who knows what. I love the game but I think you may have the price a bit off.

Have also seen a stock huo sell for 6500. It all boils down to if someone is wanting an amh at the time which I said. Look at my collection. Have owned plenty of low production games and I know how selling them goes. I can throw out my jolly park, usa football, or mystery castle. All 3 hard to find and depending on when I do it they can sit for months in which case the price will drop in part because they haven't sold. The longer it sits the lower you have to go to entice someone. On the other hand if someone is looking for it they will sell fast and at the upper end or above the market (depending on condition and mods). Reason being is some people in this hobby have deep enough pockets that they don't care to wait.

Now, I don't care what the game goes for. I am not selling mine. Not unless I found a good deal on an huo with the original sideart and wanted to trade out. I just said why Crile1 most likely wouldn't do a straight swap, and why I don't think its worth taking his bk prem even if he would.

#1519 26 days ago
Quoted from dung:

Now, I don't care what the game goes for. I am not selling mine. Not unless I found a good deal on an huo with the original sideart and wanted to trade out.

What's "original" sideart? The one with the real people on it?

#1520 26 days ago
Quoted from JeffF:

What's "original" sideart? The one with the real people on it?

Yup. It's the green one. I think Charlie told me once they made 10 of them.

I own a green one because that's what Ben wanted it to look like originally.

#1521 26 days ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yup. It's the green one. I think Charlie told me once they made 10 of them.
I own a green one because that's what Ben wanted it to look like originally.

Got it. I got lucky last year and bought prototype #00004 and it has that artwork. I've owned both artwork packages and for overall looks I prefer the green cabinet artwork with the newer blue backglass. The colors all go really well together.

0602191133~2 (resized).jpg
#1522 20 days ago

Hey guys just bought some pingraffix art blades just woundering how people are cutting out for the led lights and whats the best method thanks
20201005_182046 (resized).jpg called them they were just accidently shipped without cutting the slot for the lighting sending me a new set no charge great customer service at pingraffix resolved the issue no hassel thanks again guys

#1523 20 days ago

#1524 20 days ago

Are those sold as AMH art blades? ...and they didn't pre-cut for the LEDs?

#1525 19 days ago

I picked up the same set and they were pre-cut for the side LEDs, but the piece was still there. Maybe look closer to see the cut.

#1526 12 days ago

I'm back, suckas!

20201013_202011 (resized).jpg
#1527 11 days ago

Love my AMH! I’m an original owner as well. Mine survived attempted murder by the shipper. Thankfully, Charlie took it back and got it patched up.

I’ve got the same haunted house topper seen here, the HERG color screen and a completely home brew light splitter / amp made by a friend. My L&R light strip outputs go to the apron, back board and back box for extra lighting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/20#post-3899222

I don’t play it a lot anymore, but I just can’t let it go. It’s a nice big brother to my TNA and it will have to welcome R&M when I am able to get one someday.

#1528 9 days ago

I know we said 150 of the ORIGINAL UNIT... but what if we Vaulted this with new art and better mechs?

#1529 8 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

I know we said 150 of the ORIGINAL UNIT... but what if we Vaulted this with new art and better mechs?

Booooooooo...

#1530 8 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm not sure the machine is well enough thought of to have much demand - much of its appeal is the rarity. (I'm not bashing it, I own one).

Spooky has always stood on its integrity and trustworthiness. It may sow the seed of doubt that any future titles sold as limited aren't really?

#1531 8 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

If Spooky wanted to do something special I would totally buy a Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave!

That is the game that turned me on to Spooky and originally when I put my order in for AMH I assumed Pinball Zombies would be next. Any idea if the original prototype still exists? I've watched the few Youtube videos of the game probably 50 times each. LOL. There's just something I love about that game/theme.

#1532 8 days ago
Quoted from JeffF:

If Spooky wanted to do something special I would totally buy a Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave!

That’s what became Rob Zombie. There’s even an homage to it with one of the callouts: “That ramp’s tighter than a zombie cheerleader’s ass!”

#1533 8 days ago

I would be up for a Rob Zombie re-theme. In regards to AMH Vault. I don't think it would be received well. Everyone is looking for the NEW game from Spooky. Plus, Spooky has always stuck to their limited numbers.. The only repeat I think would be accepted would be another run of TNA, because that has been an option from the beginning.

#1534 8 days ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

That’s what became Rob Zombie. There’s even an homage to it with one of the callouts: “That ramp’s tighter than a zombie cheerleaders ass!”

Didn't realize that. It's cool but there is just something about the original Pinball Zombies artwork that appeals to me.

Maybe they could do something special with Rob Zombie and offer the original art package.

#1535 8 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not seeing it. Love the game but too much needs to change.

Fixed geometry so the 3d print parts are not necessary. Full rgb lighting, including inserts which means updating the pf art. Hi res graphics for the display so it is modern. Updated mechs so it is reliable, but unlesd you are adding some wow factor no one will care.

Why not just make a sequel with the same crew fighting new ghosts? Gives you a lot more freedom to modernize.

#1536 8 days ago
Quoted from dung:

Why not just make a sequel with the same crew fighting new ghosts?

Or just add and AMH dimension in Rick and Morty. It plays Charlie's rap song and you have to hit enough shots to make it stop.

#1537 8 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Or just add and AMH dimension in Rick and Morty. It plays Charlie's rap song and you have to hit enough shots to make it stop.

Charlie’s rap song?

#1538 8 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Charlie’s rap song?

It is one of 3 choices of music to play in multiball in the menu.

#1539 8 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

How about a BM66 style makeover?

Keep the main elements ... hellevator, cool left loop, ghost, smooth up the jump ramp, and get a new licence and cool art.

Everyone knows that new pinball is all about art and light shows these days anyway. Make sure to get 700 LEDs in there and you’ll sell out in hours.

rd

#1540 7 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Leave it be.. I loved the cheesiness of the theme, the jump ramp was awesome, but I got rid of mine for all the issues (ball hangup at the lower elevator exit, the balls getting stuck inside the trough, the ball getting stuck at that one pop bumper), plus no matter how far I turned down the sling coils I would still get cheap side drains. Not to say those things couldn't get fixed, but how much work would you want to put into it (and what would a remake cost today 6 years later with inflation?). I mean I see gently used AMH's selling all the time for under $5500.

#1541 7 days ago

Good points. My next game should get going soon... hopefully! Also I'm building a generic Rampage pin in my basement as a personal project.

#1542 7 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Good points. My next game should get going soon... hopefully! Also I'm building a generic Rampage pin in my basement as a personal project.

You could always test the waters with an AMH upgrade kit with changes you were thinking about. Like the BOP 2.0 kit. If it sells well and is well received, then it could give you insight.

#1543 5 days ago

One day, my AMH will probably go on to make another family happy. It will always have a special place in my pinball heart. It was the perfect combo of campy and unique when it was released.

I’m not sure I would be interested in a re-make. I’d prefer to just keep seeing new ideas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 45.00
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
$ 17.50
$ 6,200.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
There are 1543 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside