28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 42.
#1 8 years ago

Since it's sold out and shipping, I feel like a thread is in order...

I took home my game from the MGC after they sold out. It's awesome. Played it last year and knew I needed to find a way to get one...

Man this game is amazing for a first time manufacturer. I pointed out to someone that it's MSRP is only slightly above what a Stern Pro is, and it already comes "pre modded" with a crazy Flipper Fidelity audio system, a clear coated cabinet, color changing LEDs in the game and the backbox, and a Xpin DMD. All that stuff would put the cost on a Stern well ahead of this one.

The gameplay rules. I'm learning what I'm doing still in the little bit of time I've actually got to play, but I love it. The speed and brutality of the game is great.

Got anything to add? Let's keep the AMH love going

#2 8 years ago

I ordered my game within the first hours of TPF and I am told to expect in Aug!! I already picked up mirrors, a Topper (pinball life) and a shooter rod. Now the waiting game begins...

#3 8 years ago
#4 8 years ago

Ordered in December was told 4-5 months. Time frame still seems close and regardless games are shipping. Happy spooky is taking time to do things right and happy for them for their success. Looking forward to its arrival.

#5 8 years ago

Though I am anxious 4-5 months is the best preorder time I have EVER experienced. Happy things are going good for Spooky, we need people with a true passion for pinball, not just for making money.

#7 8 years ago

Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. it can arrive anytime after september (end of motorcycle riding season here in WI... maybe). Between handing out water and helping people with The Hobbit and Wizard of Oz, i was only able to play 2 games of pinball total this weekend at MGC. Guess what? they were both on AMH.

#8 8 years ago

Got #34 and love. Will put some mods and lighting on it.

#9 8 years ago

Have #35. Drove up to Benton to pick it up.

Great game. I love the little details, like the pop-bumper-thunder causing all the lights to flicker out for a moment.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Wahnsinniger:

I love the little details, like the pop-bumper-thunder causing all the lights to flicker out for a moment.

The thunder & lightning effects are awesome.

I got mine a couple weeks ago, it was used as the booth game at TPF. Enjoying it, no regrets at all - I look forward to seeing what is next. Just wishing I had more time on it as I've been swamped since I brought it home.

One nice surprise is that I had predicted that the call outs would be instantly old and I'd have to change them - but instead I have found them way more funny when playing the game so they'll stay. I might add some Slayer to the soundtrack though...

One thing I have been doing is poking around on the code (love open source!) and considering what I might want to try. One idea right now is altering the debounce logic on the tilt to allow for one hard move (with a warning). Another is to allow for the flipper button to cycle through the attract mode so I can get to scores faster. I'm no programmer, so it'd be a complete hack.

#11 8 years ago

I ordered my AMH just over five months ago, so I'm expecting to hear from KT soon. This will be my first NIB. I did not play before I ordered, but I got hooked by reading the pinside threads and watching the videos posted here. For mods, I have already picked up the shooter road, topper, target decals, and boney flippers. Looking forward to installing them soon!

#12 8 years ago

Four months into the wait and the excitement is building.... can't wait to set this guy up and start goofing around w\ the open source side of things.

#13 8 years ago

I'm so excited I know mine is very soon. Arranging shipping.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Another is to allow for the flipper button to cycle through the attract mode so I can get to scores faster. I'm no programmer, so it'd be a complete hack.

I am so maybe I will poke around it at some point (I wonder how it compares structurally with the Future Pinball script code, which I did not care for)

And
I want this feature too.

#15 8 years ago

I am so maybe I will poke around it at some point (I wonder how it compares structurally with the Future Pinball script code, which I did not care for)
And
I want this feature too.

FWIW, I've found the code to be organized and well documented - enough so that while I haven't fully got my arms around it I have been successful in following what is happening in general and been able successfully explore.

I'm excited to see what people come up with in the future. Why I don't have any desire to reprogram the game, I think that coming up with bugfixes/slight tweaks without having to harass Ben is a good thing.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just a heads up, I was originally told a 2 month wait from the distributor and 3 months from KT. Ended up being 5-1\2 months for our machine #41. Great game and all but just be prepared for the wait. Towards the end it got to me a bit. Now that we've had it a couple weeks, not-so-much.

Thanks for the heads up Jeff, Im not too worried about it cause I have two problem children (The Shadow, Funhouse) that ive almost got completely working and will occupy my time!!

#17 8 years ago

ordered end of January, supposed to be built May/June timeframe. I'm hoping with the extra person he hired chuck can increase production from 2.5/week to at least 3, and I can possibly get it sooner than later. Feels good to be part of a small club

#18 8 years ago

I like the idea of telling what # you have. It's cool to see where everyone falls in the list. Being only 150 it would be a bit easier to track down most #'s. I was just wondering which pinsiders would own the games built on either side of mine.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I like the idea of telling what # you have. It's cool to see where everyone falls in the list

everyone should register their game:
http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=6161

#20 8 years ago

Ordered late December, last I heard was late April to early May, but from what I'm reading it may take longer. That's okay, I'm in no hurry. It gives them more time to tweak the code as necessary. The only mods i have ordered are the lasserific backbox topper and laseriffic flipper toppers.

#21 8 years ago

My 5 year old son today declared it his second favorite pinball machine, after Airborne and "before those two broken machines and Metallica". Thanks, kid. How could it be better? "More ghosts."

#22 8 years ago

May I recommend anti-rattle tape - or electrical tape - on the edges of the glass. With "all that bass" it really helps calm the rattles.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

May I recommend anti-rattle tape - or electrical tape - on the edges of the glass. With "all that bass" it really helps calm the rattles.

Will have to try that. Been trying to ignore the rattle.

#24 8 years ago

Will have to try that. Been trying to ignore the rattle.

I added it this evening - was huge. I had the volume turned almost all the way down before just to avoid rattle.

#25 8 years ago

I have #33. A great game. Very challenging and a ton of fun. It was worth the wait. I am glad they sold out. Can't wait for the next game.

20150311_070758.jpg20150311_070758.jpg
#26 8 years ago

I ordered mine 1st of Jan 2015 #38. I've heard May delivery.

I purchased Laseriffic Topper too. Not sure what the Laseriffic flipper topper is, as mention above.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

laseriffic flipper toppers.

This?

#29 8 years ago

Dec 2014 order. Waiting patiently. I enjoyed meeting the Emerys and playing the game at TPF!

IMG_6433.JPGIMG_6433.JPG
#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Dec 2014 order. Waiting patiently. I enjoyed meeting the Emerys and playing the game at TPF!

IMG_6433.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I think you left your initials on my game....

#31 8 years ago

My initials were left, even if only for a brief moment haha. Hope you are still enjoying it!

#32 8 years ago

I ordered in January 2014 before manufacturing started and waited 9 months for delivery. It was totally worth it. I'm excited about the idea of players possibly adding new modes and tweaks down the road.

#33 8 years ago

I had not seen these... they are actually really cool looking!

#34 8 years ago

Loving mine....

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 8.53.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-30 at 8.53.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 8.54.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-30 at 8.54.08 PM.png
#35 8 years ago

Here are the AMH FT with a white backing.

dragon FT 001.JPGdragon FT 001.JPG
#36 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Loving mine....
Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 8.53.53 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

Was this the AMH at the TPF last month?

Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here are the AMH FT with a white backing.
dragon FT 001.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I bought your AMH toper (and AC/DC train topper) they're both Awesome! Can you let me know what the AMH flipper bat toppers are?

Thanks Kerry

#37 8 years ago

They go on top of your flippers.. topper for the flippers.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

They go on top of your flippers.. topper for the flippers.

Are priced at? Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Kerry

#39 8 years ago

The game looks very ice with bony flippers also both are nice

#41 8 years ago

I made a few improvements-

1) On the suggestion of 85vett who had come over to help LED, I taped this piece of opaque heavy mylar underneath the ghost cut out on the apron. Now when the game is off the ghost shows up white, but more cool is when the game is on the light under the cut out has something to light up which looks MUCH better. We used a color changing LED on a flex stem so that it sits closer to the apron.20150418_230511.jpg20150418_230511.jpg

2) I got sick of the cheesy machine screw/lock nut way of mounting the Apron and installed size six speed nuts instead and now use wood screws. It's now a simple operation to remove the apron, similar to other games. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-6-32-tpi-Plain-Steel-Type-U-Speed-Nuts-2-Piece-800048/204276061 20150418_230528.jpg20150418_230528.jpg

3) Added a blue start button I had laying around. 20150418_232141.jpg20150418_232141.jpg

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

One nice surprise is that I had predicted that the call outs would be instantly old and I'd have to change them - but instead I have found them way more funny when playing the game so they'll stay.

Sometimes it takes awhile for people to warm up to us, but eventually they do! Glad you're enjoying the game!

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I ordered mine 1st of Jan 2015 #38. I've heard May delivery.
I purchased Laseriffic Topper too. Not sure what the Laseriffic flipper topper is, as mention above.

Do these not ship in numerical order? You have #38 but #41 has already been delivered. I have no clue what number mine is, lol.

Dan

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Do these not ship in numerical order? You have #38 but #41 has already been delivered. I have no clue what number mine is, lol.

Dan

Dan... I don't know. I did mine on a very short payment plan (4 months). Maybe others who came in later, but paid sooner gets their game, before those of us who aren't completely paid.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Dan... I don't know. I did mine on a very short payment plan (4 months). Maybe others who came in later, but paid sooner gets their game, before those of us who aren't completely paid.

The games ship in numerical order. No customer is assigned a serial number and the number you have is just a receipt number that has nothing to do with a serial number. I'm not speaking for Spooky, but was told most of this by Kayte when I put in my order and asked about the receipt number I was given (I think #40) and I was approximately person #70-75 to have placed an order. Hoping mine ships in May as I ordered in Mid December. What's the most recent number that shipped?

#46 8 years ago

will be ghosting this thread...

#47 8 years ago

When I ordered the number is was given on referred to how many away from mine being made. For example, I was recently told I was 11 away.

#48 8 years ago

I wouldn't get too hung up on the numbers. The serial number of my machine was different than the pre-order number I had.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

The games ship in numerical order. No customer is assigned a serial number and the number you have is just a receipt number that has nothing to do with a serial number. I'm not speaking for Spooky, but was told most of this by Kayte when I put in my order and asked about the receipt number I was given (I think #40) and I was approximately person #70-75 to have placed an order. Hoping mine ships in May as I ordered in Mid December. What's the most recent number that shipped?

I don't have a receipt number, just an email confirmation of the order when I sent the money. I ordered last week of December so shouldn't be too far behind you.

Dan

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I wouldn't get too hung up on the numbers. The serial number of my machine was different than the pre-order number I had.

Where is the serial number on the game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
Tools
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 210.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 45.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.