28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1065 5 years ago

Color dots look really cool. I’d like to have one of these some day and also to put your dots in.

2 months later
#1106 5 years ago

Good idea, but it might have a tendency to rotate. If you do a V2, try to link up with the stud holding the plastic on.

4 months later
#1141 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

STI dropped off my AMH, sadly they scrapped the head of the cab. Contacted spooky to see if they have a replacement available

Scrapped, or scraped? They did a number on my AFM about 1.5 years ago, but paid my claim. Get quotes (including labor) on whatever work needs to be done and file a claim.

Hope it all works out and you get things back to factory.

2 weeks later
#1160 5 years ago

I’ve said it before, but I’m going to have an AMH someday. I’d be interested in this as well at that time.

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I don't think you'll find one much cheaper than this. $5k
phoenix.craigslist.org link

I know. I keep staring at it, but don't have the funds. I'm out of space (and not convinced I want a 4th location unless they are really close to home) and might start selling games anyway.

2 months later
#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's that damn hippy lead free solder to blame!

I’m so glad I can imagine your voice and tone as I read this.

1 week later
#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have had my AMH since new in 2014 and have only got to the Demon Battle one time, but it is possible. Usually, i just go for Bumps In The Night on the latest code anymore.

What is Bumps in the Night? I don't have the game, and don't see it referenced in the instruction card I found.

#1239 4 years ago

Thanks Herg. Hoping to see what all it takes to do those things some day soon-ish.

#1243 4 years ago

How many levels of Minions are there? 9? From what I remember, those get pretty hard. What’s the next step up from mini? Might have to call that one a mostly-wizard mode.

6 months later
#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Anyone know what flipper coil stop is used in this game? Just blew one and a stern stop definitely doesn't fit.

Thought they used Bally/Williams stuff from Pinball Life. I know there are different size coil stops though.

4 months later
#1447 4 years ago

How do you get one of these audio mods? I don’t have a game (yet) but have a color DMD so might as well get the fun stuff while it’s available.

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Now that all three cases have been tested, I suppose it's time to share with the masses. I threw together a page on my website with instructions and the necessary files.
http://ledocd.com/amh_external_dac

Cool thanks.

1 week later
#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from taimaster2005:

Nice! I found myself playing a bunch of games on mine as well after doing the audio mod! A few days ago got a 196 million game but my highest is 334 million. Have 2 external subs attached, it's pretty boomy!
Has anybody ever reached Demon Battle? I've owned the game for 3 years now and haven't even got close! My game is set for 3 ball and feel it's impossible to get there.

One of the California guys posted a video a long while ago of Elwin getting to it on their machine. I didn’t watch it as I don’t want the spoiler.

6 months later
#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Or just add and AMH dimension in Rick and Morty. It plays Charlie's rap song and you have to hit enough shots to make it stop.

Charlie’s rap song?

4 months later
#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Does anyone know where I can get a new door printed?
[quoted image]

I didn’t open the zip file because I’m on my phone, but looks like through this link. https://www.benheck.com/amh/

It’s a decent way down.

1 week later
#1639 3 years ago

I bought one even though I didn’t (and still don’t yet) own an AMH. I will at some point and didn’t want to miss the chance when it was there to get one. I wouldn’t wave that info around, but it was asked.

1 month later
#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm excited for ya'll to play my GAME NUMBER 3!

My Cinco de Mayo wasn’t THAT fun, but I’m drawing a blank on game 2.

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

AMH is #2. Bill Paxton pinball (I think it ended up at LTG's?) was the first.

Doh, I even knew that.

1 month later
#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

The AMH “call-outs” and music are outstanding.
Who were those people?

Bryan Kelly
Dennis Nordman
Not-Daphne from the backglass
Ben Heck
Ben Heck’s podcast cohost

People like that.

3 months later
#1778 2 years ago

Wow, I forgot all about that. It was basically Ben’s “fine, I’ll put in a f*cling video mode”. It’s a flappy bird spoof and was mostly a joke IIRC.

1 month later
#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Took me a while to remember why... then I did.
There's a indie film made in Michigan around the same time called, wait for it, America's Most Haunted: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2330458/
So we chatted with them and made sure everything was kosher. I also hired one of their actors to voice the main ghost hunter.
It's a decent movie, worth checking out if you're into ghosts and indie films.
OH! Addendum. Originally the game was called "Ghost Squad" but... ironically JPOP said "Sega will sue you! Change the name!"

Cool info on that indie film. I don’t think I’ve ever read that part, and I’ve been a fan of this game since before it had its first name.

Sort of funny about JPOP’s comment. In my mind I see him walking around tinkering and then just casually throwing that out there and going on as if nothing was said.

3 months later
#1927 2 years ago

Any guesses as to how long til we see the winner of the Deeproot AMH check in on this thread? I was at TPF and had a tab open for the auction, but without knowing why it wasn’t functional I wasn’t quite willing to bid. It wasn’t really the price (plus hammer fee and tax), or the non-functioning status, but that combined with the logistics was just too much.

Somebody is going to have an interesting story to tell with that machine.

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I wonder if it just broke or if somebody tried to back engineer the PCB (like Homepin argh)
I don't know if there's any spares left. Charlie wanted me to find a way to run AMH on the RZ/Jet/Dom boards but I haven't gotten around to it.

Weren’t the files to recreate the board used in AMH available online at one point? Did you take them down after the whole Homepin ordeal?

8 months later
#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

So look likei would have to remove the led strips to get back box clear to remove. I guess i can get them back on pretty easy with a glue or something

Could cut wires and add a connector in between. Might be easier than removing the strips and reattaching them.

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Any idea on good connector to use ?

Maybe something like this? You use connectors on either side like what you connect to the boards in the head. Not sure how many wires you have, but there are a few size options.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5791-12235-10

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.