28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 9 years ago

I ordered in January 2014 before manufacturing started and waited 9 months for delivery. It was totally worth it. I'm excited about the idea of players possibly adding new modes and tweaks down the road.

#48 9 years ago

I wouldn't get too hung up on the numbers. The serial number of my machine was different than the pre-order number I had.

#51 9 years ago

The serial number is in the same spot where it is on B/W machines. Just inside the coin door on the right wall of the cabinet.

3 weeks later
#142 8 years ago

I don't remember getting any ball saves when a ball is added in prison mode. The only time I can add a ball is before the jackpot stage, when completing the ghost shield. Definitely no ball save there, because I immediately lose balls at this stage often. When are you adding balls and getting a ball save in prison mode?

3 weeks later
#207 8 years ago

It's an original theme, but there is coincidentally a movie with the same title. This was covered in a Spooky podcast about a year ago and I'm pretty sure they got one of the actors to do the voice of the team leader in AMH.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from Newstrish:

I am currently waiting on a new power supply, as mine blew a little bit after I put the light mod in.

What light mod did you put in?

1 month later
#317 8 years ago

You'll probably need to bend the ball guide under the hellevator if you get consistent rattle outs on the jump ramp. I had a thread about this a few months ago, but got flack because some people considered it 'cheating' somehow and everyone seems to have a different degree of misalignment on that ramp. You'll have to decide for yourself if it's bad enough to bend the guide.

2 weeks later
#376 8 years ago

It's uncanny this came up, because my luck finally ran out on the servos at around 10 months/1500 plays. My ghost servo just died! I suspect my door servo is going too as I've had two recent incidents with strange door behavior and a slight burning smell coming from that servo. Are these easy to replace?

#397 8 years ago

Once the game gets confused, there's no ending that unlimited ballsaver. I had a similar issue when I first got my machine. Charlie helped me track down the problem switch and I haven't had any issues since.

#442 8 years ago

I dunno... my game is #11 and I hardly ever get stuck balls unless you count resting on the bottom bumper, which the ball search finds. I have never lost a ball under the apron or had a ball fall into the cabinet. I would love to see a modified post for that spot in the pops where every amh seems to get balls stuck, though.

2 weeks later
#517 8 years ago

There are also independent setting in the menus for music volume and sound effect volume, to help you balance things out. It took me a while to find a balance between these settings and the sub to get the game loud and clear without distortion or so much bass that the whole game rattled, but the sound system in this game is killer and worth the effort.

1 month later
#621 8 years ago

I just replaced the servo on my ghost just last week after over 1500 plays. I left the plastic around the ghost slightly loose so it's not putting any more resistance on the ghost than necessary. Maybe it'll help.

#642 8 years ago

I should note that replacing the ghost servo is not that difficult. It took me less than 20 minutes without even knowing exactly what to do going in.

3 weeks later
#713 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm having issues with the kicker to the shooter lane kicking the ball too hard so it bounces back in, and takes like 10 tries to kick-out sometimes, but if I lower the strength of the coil in the settings by 1 it's now too weak to ever kick one out.

I had to bend the metal guide on mine shortly after I got it. It's the one wrapped around the ghost in the above photos. Try bending it back a little as the gap there may be slightly too small, causing the ball to rattle back into the trough.

2 months later
#845 8 years ago

I always just hold in the interlock switch while doing the test. Other than that, you may want to check the fuses on the PinHeck board. There are documented issues with the phantom flip in the doctor ghost mode blowing the 3amp fuse on the board.

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

Looking at the board in the backbox, it's clear one of the fuses blew, just as Betelgeuse suspected (thank you!). See attached pic.

So, my question -- looks like this is a 3 Amp Slo Blo fuse. Can I get a single fuse at a local hardware store such as this one:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bolt-3-Amp-Slo-Blo-GMA-Fuse-72538/203538294
or is it specific to pinball machines? Looking at PinballLife.com, the 3A slo blo fuse is only sold in packs of 100. Sorry if this question is idiotic, I just want to make sure I'm buying the right fuse.

Quoted from Jazman:

Nah, you just missed it. Individually or packs of 5 to get a fuse case. You probably should have spares on hand...

Glad it was a simple fix for you. If you are in a rush to get your game working, I have purchased these fuses in packs of 4 from Radio Shack several times over the past year. I believe the current code has an option to disable the phantom flip in the doctor ghost mode, which will keep the fuse from blowing again. It just seems to happen 1 out of every 50 times as it is, for some reason.

1 month later
#896 8 years ago

I tried a larger rubber ring and made the pops as sensitive as I could. I still get balls stuck in that spot. As for the rattle, there are both software audio volume settings and physical adjustments on the amp in the cabinet. It took some trial and error, but I did finally get the rattle to a minimum without sacrificing much bass. I have also heard of using anti-rattle tape, but it's pricey so I never messed with it.

7 months later
#942 7 years ago

I made it to the Demon Battle for the first (and only) time shortly after v23 dropped. I had been going for Bumps In The Night, but I had a really good game and I was able to continue on to take out all of the ghost bosses. Final score - 355,756,490.

#944 7 years ago

To get to Bumps in the Night, you must accomplish 3 things. Complete all shots in a Ghost Photo Hunt (photo ace), start Hellevator multiball and defeat at least 3 minions (minion master). There are inserts for these by the flippers that light for completing these. Once you get all three, the inserts by the scoop will strobe and you can start Bumps by shooting the scoop.

1 month later
#952 7 years ago

The coin door warning has been historically buggy. You can disable it in the settings and the interlock should still function. I stopped my ball stuck issue by the bottom pop bumper by replacing the post there with a curved piece of a pinbutt. Hasn't happend since.

7 months later
#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I was getting a lot of theater shots bricking off the end of the ramp, so I printed my take on betelgeuse clothes pin.

I'm glad this fix ended up helping someone. It was a total game changer on my machine. The hostile reaction I got on here at the time made me stop posting my fixes. I hope you are able to resolve the other issues you are having. AMH is a great game.

2 months later
#1049 6 years ago

For anyone who would be interested, the Americas Most Haunted movie is now available for free on Amazon prime streaming. This is the same movie that is referenced on the dmd in attract mode. It's worth a watch.

4 weeks later
#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Do I need to tighten the screws holding the plastic to make it more secure or is it a ghost or servo problem? I don't want to tighten too much, as I've read on here about servo burn out.

The ghost should not really be held down by the plastic, but the plastic should line up with the groove in the bottom of the ghost. As you said, if the plastic is rubbing on the ghost too much, it will eventually burn out the servo. If I remember correctly, the ghost just pushes down onto the servo gear and that's all that holds it in place. With the plastic off, you can just pull the ghost straight up and off of the servo gear.

6 months later
#1080 5 years ago

Fyi - I replaced the flat pop bumper cap with a blue B/W type cap. I just scored out the curved part with an exacto knife and broke it off to make the cap fit. I also installed domeless LEDs and the pops look so much better.

9 months later
#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

What do members recommend as far as GI upgrades to brighten up the game? Based on the limitations with the 5v line, I’m assuming I can’t add spotlights to the GI without modification, correct? Thoughts on the pinbulbs Kit?

I added green spotlights by the spooky door and hellevator ramp without any issues. I would also recommend adding (or moving) a color changing LED strip above the back panel of the playfield. That makes the biggest difference and only takes a few minutes to do.

1 week later
#1235 4 years ago

I have had my AMH since new in 2014 and have only got to the Demon Battle one time, but it is possible. Usually, i just go for Bumps In The Night on the latest code anymore.

#1241 4 years ago

I believe Bumps In The Night was only added to the game in the final update as a mini-wizard mode, so its not on the original rule cards.

1 week later
#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

So my left slingshot is acting up a bit. It's firing when the ball even goes by it. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Not that this is AMH specific, but have you checked the gap on the 2 leaf switches for that slingshot? If the gap is too small, vibration will trigger the sling. If the gap is too big, the sling won't fire at all.

3 weeks later
#1322 4 years ago

The only real weak point with AMH is the servo motors. They can easily burn up if a mech gets jammed. I always keep a box of spares and tend to lose at least one every year or so, but fortunately they are cheap.

As for game play, I havent played ACNC yet, but I still consider AMH to be Spooky's best game. It may look hokey, which makes many people dismiss it without hardly flipping it, but it's a solid player with a good rule set. Its the only game Ben Heck designed for Spooky. I have had mine since new. I had a RZ for a while too, but didnt really care for that one myself.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

betelgeuse did it first using an actual clothespin.

Man, I took so much crap on here for that mod back when I first came up with it. Good to see it's now helping people who had the same jump ramp problems I had! I still have that same half-clothespin installed in my machine and it's working great.

#1336 4 years ago

Herg's fix shown above is basically what it is, except I used half of a clothespin in that location instead of a 3D printed part. The concave part of the clothespin hugged that post and kept it in place.

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Do you have a pic, please?

While not the finished product, this shows the placement for the sweet spot on my AMH. The screw (ultimately replaced with a nail) kept the balls coming from the ORB lanes from dribbling through that area. Some people said they found success with the clothespin pushed in further to where the concave part of the clothespin hugged that post. I'm sure it depends on the alignment of these parts on your particular AMH. I did this because the ball guide was throwing the ball into the edge of the 'railing' on the right side of the jump ramp and balls were just rejecting like crazy. After I did this, I have been getting smooth shots from that ramp shot ever since. It may not look too pretty, but it's completely hidden under the ramp. Still, if herg's fix was being made at that time I would have definitely opted for that!

Betelgeuse_jumprampfix (resized).jpgBetelgeuse_jumprampfix (resized).jpg
3 months later
#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Good thing is if I pull the scoop flasher bulb, all the other bulbs work fine-

In case you didn't realize, there are no genuine flashers on AMH. Regular super bright LEDs were originally used in the flasher domes. Maybe try a regular LED and see if it works?

5 months later
#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from taimaster2005:

Has anybody ever reached Demon Battle? I've owned the game for 3 years now and haven't even got close! My game is set for 3 ball and feel it's impossible to get there.

I have had my AMH (#11) since new and have got to the Demon Battle exactly one time. Final score of 355,756,490 with factory settings on v23 code.

3 months later
#1494 3 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

How are people attaching the door to the bracket, then the bracket, to the servo? The screws I was sent are too small to hold everything together. Maybe some pictures or something, I don't know.

Here's some pics from when I changed out my door servo and bushing. The round bushing screws into the base of the door (2 small screws) and then just push the door assembly down over the gear on the servo. The hardest part is actually lining it up correctly on the gear so it's not rubbing when full open or closed, because this will burn out the servo. You can set the range of the servo in the settings to give you some wiggle room if needed.

20180624_094528 (resized).jpg20180624_094528 (resized).jpg20180624_094622 (resized).jpg20180624_094622 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Have not had that happen on our current machine(or the one we had years ago).

Same. I usually go for minion mb during the main mb if I am getting close. I haven't had an unlimited ballsaver situation.

I have seen and heard of cases where a switch is wired incorrectly in the game (from the factory), and triggering it will also trigger other switches in the row/column, which can lead to an unlimited ballsave in mb in general. I'm not sure how this could tie specifically to stacking those mb's, but it could be worth going through the switch test.

1 month later
#1589 3 years ago

I have had my AMH since new and I have had to replace each of the servos exactly one time. I can live with that. The bigger issue is that when the door servo burned up, it was during a party and the game was left on. This somehow bricked the pinheck board and I ultimately had to send the pcb back to Spooky after exhausting every fix they suggested.

1 week later
#1597 3 years ago

Also, when you put the ghost back on, don't tighten the surrounding plastic down completely. You want to leave it slightly loose so the ghost spins freely in the plastic.

1 month later
#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Hoping to reveal the full set in late April if possible. For now, here's a teaser of one piece of the full set I'm working on (prototype shown--some changes have already been made from this version):

It will likely be offered as an all or nothing, numbered, limited set. As all pieces will be cohesive to the "world under glass" vision for AMH, I imagine most (that like mods) would want the full set anyway once seen.

I have seriously thought about a mod just like this for this AMH. I'll be watching for this one!

1 month later
#1663 2 years ago

I got a GB Premium when they first came out. I'm a big fan of the movie, but I sold that game in less than a year. They just didn't capture the things that make GB great... as if it was made by guys that had only seen the trailer for the movie. The modes got repetetive quickly too. I also got AMH when it first came out and I still have that machine! It's massively underrated, imo. Some of the most creative mechs in modern pinball.

2 months later
#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'll hold a spot for you and confirm once details and pricing are revealed (everyone that asked to be on a list are locked in if they still want in at that time).

I'm very interested. Put me down. Looks awesome!

1 month later
#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The game has some minor issues. Loses track of balls easily, power cycle and it plays just fine for 10 or so games... seems to happen around multiballs. Haven't searched yet.

I have seen a handful of cases where a switch somewhere is wired backwards in AMH. This will make that switch trigger multiple switches on the row/column, and if it's causing phantom switch closures in the ball trough, this can cause the game to lose track of balls in play or cause an unlimited ballsaver in multiball. I'd make sure everything is working properly with the trough itself first, but if that checks out I'd go through every switch on the switch test.

#1741 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Warning flag for this game was when the seller had it all shrink wrapped and unable for me to play when I got there. Wanted to be one of 150 so bad I didn't care - not a big deal but being told 100% perfect and then clearly the servo was bad for the ghost and disconnected is not quite 100%. Maybe it is an honest mistake. Maybe the galactic center aligned with the stars and the servo just happened to become disconnected during the 15 minute drive and also happen to burn out.

The good news is that the ghost servo is easy to replace and readily available. One important thing to note - When you put the flat plastic back on around the ghost, don't tighten it down all the way. You want to leave it slightly loose so that the ghost can spin freely. I've had my AMH since new and have had to replace each servo in the game one time. The morgue door is by far the worst.

3 weeks later
#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You keep saying that, but I don't think you really need to qualify it. IMO, AMH is the finest ghost-hunting pinball machine.

Yup, Ghostbusters Premium didn't last a year in my lineup. AMH has been here for 7 years now.

Quoted from dnapac:

As far as AMH…we fell in love with it. We are going all out on this. A blast to play, great toys, but on the easier side, which appeals to our friends and is a great balance for our collection.

Is your game really easy? I find it more on the brutal side, myself. I have only got to the Demon Battle one time, and struggle to even get to Bumps In The Night. That's part of what keeps me coming back to it!

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:I know what plastic piece you mean, when I reinstalled it, I may hav left too much gap… I’ll check. I have version 23 installed.

Thanks!

FWIW - The 2nd ball shouldn't be getting past the door once you have a ball locked behind it. This is the main problem. When the door is closed, ball strikes should only push it back slightly before it immediately goes back to the closed position. It should not let balls past unless it is fully opened. This servo can be more difficult to replace than the others because of the strict threshold for the door's open and closed positions. Make sure the servo isn't still pulling on the door when it's full open/closed or it will burn up again quick.

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When the door is closed and I hit it with the ball. It doesn’t return to the closed position. It moves slightly towards the closed position, but doesn’t return to full closed. It slowly is forced opened with multiple ball hits.

Like herg was getting at, it could be the servo bushing (round gear-like thing) that attaches the servo to the door arm is missing some teeth, or something else is stripped out there? Did you change the bushing out with the servo?

#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Are there any must do adjustments for a new AMH owner?

There's a 'fix' for the jump ramp, but not all machines need it. With some AMH's this shot rattles out a lot, but you can plug in a piece that extends the guide rail leading up to the ramp. Originally, I made the part out of a modified clothes pin, but there was also a 3D printed version available at one time, if I remember correctly. The shot is smooth as butter with the fix.

Also, make sure that the middle lane returns balls cleanly to the left flipper when they exit this way from the pops. On some games the guide needed to be bent slightly to keep balls from feeding sdtm.

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Replacing the scoop with a new one from Pinball Life totally changed my game for the better.

Would you be able to point me to the scoop you picked up? I wouldn't mind updating mine.

Quoted from dnapac:

It’s actually my wife’s favorite shot. Has never failed…butter smooth.

+1. Love the jump ramp!

3 months later
#1846 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Anyone know how to get to the LED strips in the art blade area? They are behind some plastic, and it isn't obvious to me how to get to it.

On mine, the tinted plastics are just pressure fitted into the cutouts in the wood. I have got them off by just pushing somewhere on the plastic to get an edge to pop out slightly.

1 month later
#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Alright, I pulled the trigger on it. I know the med mod is sold out. Anything I should look to add? Does spooky have any armor or anything?

Congrats! AMH needs a little more dialing in than average, but it's a great game once it's been gone over. As for keeping it going, the servos for the door, ghost and hellevator are the weak points. If you notice one of them not working correctly, shut off the game and address it right away. Even if you do have to replace one, they are a cheap and easy fix, and I have only had to replace each one once in 8 years.

Spooky has official armor on their site:

http://shop.spookypinball.com/america-s-most-haunted-ghost-armour-kit-p19.php

#1872 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Do you have a link to servos you bought? I’ll order some now just to have them

I purchased mine directly from Spooky years ago. The make and model of the replacement servos has changed several times as the older ones go out of production. I would reach out to them about purchasing some spares. I'm sure they could also be purchased on Amazon or something, but I don't know much about the specs needed.

1 week later
#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

the ball gets stuck by the pop bumpers and the elevator.

I cut 1/4 slice out of pin footie/pin butt and used it as a subtitute for the post that sits to the left of the bottom pop bumper. I was always getting balls stuck there. It's hidden from view and I have never had a ball get stuck since. I haven't had balls stuck by the Hellevator, but if it's not sitting flush with the ramp, you can adjust the servo limits in the menus.

As for the scoop, you can try changing the coil power in the menus or bending the assembly slightly to see if you can get it to be more consistent. It can be difficult to dial it in and keep it there, for sure.

#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I can’t get mine to the left but I have it coming out lower and softer so it hits the right. I can catch it sometime but it’s slow enough that it will bounce controlled more so no cheap drains yet

My scoop returns it to the center of the right flipper similar to how you described.

#1896 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

I saw a listing that said their AMH had custom songs during certain modes/multiballs. Is this easy to achieve?

Yes, you can swap the sound files on the SD card. You can change any sound or music track. I put some music from Beetlejuice and Pee Wee's Big Adventure in for the Hellevator and Minion multiballs.

#1899 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Woah, is there someone who has done something custom posted like cleland code on stranger things and gotg?

Not that I know of. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the longer lines of dialogue cut down and some more haunted house type sound effects added.

Quoted from icyjones:

That sounds great. Will have to mess with this.

They are .wav files. It's been forever since I last did it, but from what I remember, you can Just copy the SD card content to your pc, then replace the files you want with new files with the same name and sample rate. You may want to keep a backup of the original files, because then you need to reformat (FAT32) the SD card and then copy all the files onto it again. Load it in the game and it should just work.

2 weeks later
#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I am stuck and can't seem to get the double emitter for the optos to work. I posted on this awhile back and finally have the time to fix it. I was getting the "dirty pool" error and was told to replace all the optos. I contacted spooky and they said to use the williams ones from pinball life. I replaced both on the double emitter and one reciever. Nothing. Have voltage on the board and both recievers react to light on a meter. I then bypassed the board on a bench and sen 5v to a set of emitters wired in series and still could not get them to switch the "reciever". I'm fairly certain its the double emitter. Am I using the wrong optos for replacement? Any insight would be great. I had the first Medisinyl mods set and have not even been able to play a game yet. Are replacement double emitter boards available?

'Dirty Pool' is triggered by the optos under the minion ghost. Are these the optos you are replacing? As far as I can see, there is just one single emitter and one receiver under there on my AMH. I had the issue once where 'Dirty Pool' was getting repeated and it was a loose connection on the opto board, but guessing you've already reseated the connectors. You can check to see if your emitter is lighting in the game by looking at it with your cell phone camera, since it will see the IR light.

10 months later
#2003 1 year ago
Quoted from icyjones:

This will be the first one I have seen sold with Medisinyl's mod set. Will be interested to see what you list it for. I can't convince myself to part with it.

There's been a handful of them listed with the set that are in the archives now.

The last one was listed for only $6,750, and this was with a new playfield and color DMD too. It's pretty sad how pricing on this game has essentially not moved since it was in production, not matter how many upgrades are added. The games that I sold to buy AMH initially are easily worth 3x as much today.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/149806

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

We really love this game through and through.

I also love the 10 seconds it takes to boot and start a game compared to a modern spooky or stern.

I'm with you on that. My friends love AMH too and would be disappointed if I ever sold it. I just wish it got the respect that I feel it deserves.

2 weeks later
#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

#129 all done minus some custom apron cards…

"Super Spooky!" Usually I'm not a fan of whacky trim colors, but you did a great job of tying it all together.

1 month later
#2030 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I see after reading some posts in the thread that the sound issue is normal. Will think about doing the sound mod for a fix.

The Flipper Fidelity speakers are factory. Some static is normal with this game, but it shouldn't be overwhelming. I notice it most at the beginning and end of a game too, probably because there is just dialogue playing. You can try reseating the line-out jack where it plugs into the Pinheck board, but some static will always be there unless you mod the pcb.

2 months later
#2042 9 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Prototype backglass
Color DMD (Hergs kit or Pin2DMD)
Medisinyl mod set

There was a Medisinyl set for sale in post 2035 above.

I never saw any of the prototype backglasses available, but copies of the green version were available from Spooky not long ago.

#2045 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Okay, found the culprit for the burning smell: benheck was correct, it was the ghost servo. It simply drops out from under the playfield with 2 screws and unplugging the cable. Now to find a matching servo and the ghost with un-live again!

Be sure to leave the plastic around the ghost a little bit loose when you re-install. Having it tightened down heats up that servo as it's harder for the ghost to turn.

#2047 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Thanks for the heads up! Any idea where I can buy a replacement ghost servo? It looks way different than the others I have in stock.

The availabillity of any specific model seems to change all the time. The last replacement that I used was a FeeTech FS5109M. I have also heard of people using the Tactic TSX45. I'm sure there are others available now that are compatible. If in doubt, you can usually buy them directly from Spooky. Here are the specs from the TSX45 if you know something about servos.

Servo Specs (resized).jpgServo Specs (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2051 9 months ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Hello all.
I joined the "AMH club" roughly a year or so ago and have been having a heck of a time with my two switches that seem to be sharing the same circuit/connection... it's the right sling and the third trough from the kickout into the shooter lane.
For example: a few months back the game wouldn't start up stating that a ball was missing. So when I went into the switch test... it was showing that I was missing a ball in the trough (even though it was there). After replacing the switch and still not fixing my issue - I accidently hit the right sling with my hand and it must have separated the stuck switch (which I think the rubber was too tight across the front) and it started working again and showing that the ball was in the trough. Weird, right?!
Most recently... it is saying that there is a ball missing and no matter how I adjust the switches in the right sling - I can't get either the right sling or my ball trough switch to register.
Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions from someone who has experienced this before with their AMH would greatly be appreciated!!
Thank you in advance,
David

There were some issues with AMH's where some switches were wired backwards in production. This causes some switch hits to trigger other switches, which you will see in the switch test. I have heard of issues between the sling switches and trough switches more than once, so suspect this may be your issue. Check the switch test and see what hitting the sling does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=betelgeuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.