Topic Stats

• 1,490 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by 2Kaulitz
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 271 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0505201736a (resized).jpg
AT0.gif
P9A.gif
WGC.gif
Pinheck_Carrier (resized).PNG
AMH_Top (resized).png
0411201842_HDR (resized).jpg
0411201842a_HDR (resized).jpg
20200402_163139 (resized).jpg
20200402_161905 (resized).jpg
20200402_155944 (resized).jpg
0329201345b (resized).jpg
0325201103_HDR (resized).jpg
dc2e4a26e901665e0b4698b6b3a535f8 (resized).png
e2f1f154227b9dbc5113657cd6224e32 (resized).png
20200319_183507 (resized).jpg

There are 1490 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.
#1451 3 months ago

If anyone knows anyone looking for a very nice AMH pin refinery with color dmd/armor/topper. Close to the Md/Va/Pa area. Looking to trade for a late stern like TWD, GoT, IJ4, etc.

#1452 87 days ago

Played the hell out of our AMH today and managed a 162 million game. Such a great looking(and now sounding) machine!

0411201842_HDR (resized).jpg0411201842a_HDR (resized).jpg
#1453 87 days ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Played the hell out of our AMH today and managed a 162 million game. Such a great looking(and now sounding) machine!

Nice! I found myself playing a bunch of games on mine as well after doing the audio mod! A few days ago got a 196 million game but my highest is 334 million. Have 2 external subs attached, it's pretty boomy!

Has anybody ever reached Demon Battle? I've owned the game for 3 years now and haven't even got close! My game is set for 3 ball and feel it's impossible to get there.

#1454 87 days ago
Quoted from taimaster2005:

Nice! I found myself playing a bunch of games on mine as well after doing the audio mod! A few days ago got a 196 million game but my highest is 334 million. Have 2 external subs attached, it's pretty boomy!
Has anybody ever reached Demon Battle? I've owned the game for 3 years now and haven't even got close! My game is set for 3 ball and feel it's impossible to get there.

One of the California guys posted a video a long while ago of Elwin getting to it on their machine. I didn’t watch it as I don’t want the spoiler.

#1455 87 days ago

How hard is the audio mod? I looked at instructions briefly and was too intimidated

#1456 87 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How hard is the audio mod? I looked at instructions briefly and was too intimidated

I would say you would need to be fairly proficient in soldering and have a somewhat small iron tip to be able to solder to the small pads. For me it was pretty easy. There are 5 wires to solder.

#1457 86 days ago

I would say you would need to be fairly proficient in soldering and have a somewhat small iron tip to be able to solder to the small pads. For me it was pretty easy. There are 5 wires to solder.

Yeah, you should be decent at soldering IMO. It's not *that* difficult but you don't want to be practicing on one of these PCBs(are replacement even available?).

If you have a local friend who is comfortable soldering that's always an option.

#1458 86 days ago

Wow, nice! I've been close to 200 million a few times and thought that was a battle. I couldn't imagine what it feels like after a 300 million game. (Needless to say, I haven't experienced Demon Battle yet...)

And again, wow... two subs? LOL. I have one Polk and it's boomy enough for me.

#1459 85 days ago
Quoted from JeffF:

these PCBs(are replacement even available?)

Not readily available, as far as I know, but I do at least have the files to remake them. It wouldn't be cheap, but it would be better than a dead game.

#1460 85 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Have you considering making a PCB with castillated edges?

I just couldn't get this idea out of my head, so here it is. It's untested, so use at your own risk.

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/GgMSjTo4

AMH_Top (resized).png
#1461 85 days ago
Quoted from herg:

I just couldn't get this idea out of my head, so here it is.

Why did I just order this? LOL. It reminds me of the good old Wii hacking days I guess so I couldn't pass it up. That and it really seems like a slick solution!

Thanks herg!

#1462 85 days ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Why did I just order this? LOL. It reminds me of the good old Wii hacking days I guess so I couldn't pass it up. That and it really seems like a slick solution!
Thanks herg!

Must be the same compulsion that made me design it, even though I can't use it.

#1463 85 days ago

Has anybody ever reached Demon Battle? I've owned the game for 3 years now and haven't even got close.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/25#post-5006721

rd

#1464 85 days ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Thanks herg!

What are we looking at. I’d live to improve my sound but just too nervous to attempt this

#1465 85 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

What are we looking at. I’d live to improve my sound but just too nervous to sternly this

+1

I have no idea what’s going on right now.

#1466 84 days ago

The new board is just a slightly easier way to install the DAC. You would have to solder this board directly to the main board, rather than wires. If you're nervous about it, don't do it. This is not a case where you want to be unsure of your abilities because the PinHeck board is not easily replaceable.

Pinheck_Carrier (resized).PNG
#1467 84 days ago

Nice touch with the shield tabs BTW. Should be very solid.

#1468 84 days ago

Gotcha, looks great - much cleaner install. I'll order one for sure. Thx.

#1469 84 days ago

OK so now why not put the DAC on the board with the castellated edges?

#1470 84 days ago

It would look nicer with an integrated board. Why I decided to stick with an interposer board rather than putting the ICs on it:

-The design would have taken a little more time.
-Assembly would have been more complex. I can hand solder TSSOP parts, but most people would not be able to.
-Using someone like Macrofab for assembly would make it more expensive. You'd also want to gang all of them into a single order for quantity discounts.
-The DAC board is available for less already assembled than I can get the DAC IC for.
-No matter how it's designed, it will still require soldering directly to the Pinheck board.

Doing it this way means that anyone who is capable of installing it is also capable of assembling it, the cost isn't increased unnecessarily, and I don't have to get involved in buying and reselling anything for others.

#1471 84 days ago

All good points!

#1472 84 days ago

I have had my AMH (#11) since new and have got to the Demon Battle exactly one time. Final score of 355,756,490 with factory settings on v23 code.

#1473 83 days ago

Quick question about audits....I have some people interested in my game and I am sending them some of the audits...507 total games and 1025 minutes. However the earnings say $65,000+ . What am I missing? Game is HUO as far as I know and even if someone charged $100 a game that still would not add up

#1474 83 days ago

I recently sold my HUO AMH as well. It too read earnings of $65,000 and only had total plays of ~400. We (me & the Buyer) found that strange. It didn't squelch the sale, as my game only had 400 plays since I bought in NIB.

#1475 83 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

However the earnings say $65,000+

I think I’ll get mine out on location ASAP!!!

rd

#1476 82 days ago

Sounds like a code bug. Sorry.

#1477 79 days ago

Using the files that Ben sent, I added some color to the War Fort videos. I still hope that someone better at coloring than I am will be able to finish the other modes and improve on what I've done, but at least these are something.

Update files for owners with color displays are here:
http://ledocd.com/amh_color/

WGC.gif
#1478 78 days ago

I started pokin around the files, but this pandemic shit has me putting in a ton of hours at work

#1479 74 days ago

There's certainly nothing all that impressive here, but in trying to make the most of my Adobe trial (ends tomorrow), I sprinkled color on Prison mode as well.

New files are posted on the website.
P9A.gif

...and just one more. The main attract video was bugging me. If you downloaded last night, you have the option of getting it again.

AT0.gif
#1480 72 days ago
Quoted from herg:

I just couldn't get this idea out of my head, so here it is. It's untested, so use at your own risk.
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/GgMSjTo4[quoted image]

Ordered. Thanks Herg!

#1481 72 days ago

Finally had a chance to update the files... lookin' good herg!

#1482 72 days ago
Quoted from herg:

There's certainly nothing all that impressive here, but in trying to make the most of my Adobe trial (ends tomorrow), I sprinkled color on Prison mode as well.
New files are posted on the website.
[quoted image]
...and just one more. The main attract video was bugging me. If you downloaded last night, you have the option of getting it again.[quoted image]

Thanks!

1 week later
#1483 63 days ago

Received my boards this week... hoping to get one installed this weekend. I went with the dark PCB option.

0505201736a (resized).jpg

#1484 63 days ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Received my boards this week... hoping to get one installed this weekend.

Nice! Mine are on their way. I will hopefully have them this weekend as well.

1 month later
#1485 28 days ago

If anyone wants the pcb to solder to their amh mobo let me know. I have extras due to minimum requirements. I have 2, willing to ship em out on my dime so first come first serve.

Welp, did the update. I used the .88 for the lcd files as I upgraded. The update ran. Then sat at rebooting, but never did. Turned it off after awhile, no display, no sound, game runs in attract mode and will start a game, but not enough juice to kick out a ball. Need to figure out how to force a reinstall. Tried reformatting the card again, but its not detecting a new version.

So far no dice. I have tried using the recovery method herg lists for the chroma lcd install, but no change. Pulled the dac off, two traces came with it, woo fucking who. Still dead. Walking away from this for now, fucking tired of pinball for the day.

#1486 28 days ago

Sigh. It really seems like updates fail way more often than they should.

After emailing you, I downloaded the files from my website (didn't use the local ones on my PC), purposefully corrupted the AV firmware on my game, and used the recovery program with a newly built SD card. All the files from the website, including the recovery program are confirmed working.

I wish you hadn't jumped into removing the board, since it's very unlikely that would be the cause of any problems. It attempted to update, so it was still able to read the card on the first pass.

#1487 28 days ago

Already emailed herg back, but after getting a new sd card and having to push a few times, it works. I reinstalled the new dac. One of the traces pulled is not needed, so no loss. The other was pulling away from the board but a drop of super glue is holding it down.

Sound quality is massive. My machine had a horrible hum in attract mode, gone. The audio is crystal clear in game. Very big improvement and very pleased.

1 week later
#1488 21 days ago

Just ordered this board for the sound mod its the correct one ? amazon.com link »

#1489 21 days ago

Yes, that is the correct board. It says it arrives in August, though.

#1490 21 days ago
Quoted from herg:

Yes, that is the correct board. It says it arrives in August, though.

Thx yeah i know most i found were the same for shipping times. But no rush i can wait if i find one that is faster i can grab it too its pretty cheap. I'm also get that adapter board and i have friend that can solder it for me. He is all ways doing stuff like this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
Machine - For Sale
Randolph, MA
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 17.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6,200.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
There are 1490 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside