17120151735524141486698012299721 (resized).jpg
17120150734303269598694599241305 (resized).jpg
17120147714183511058491698968279 (resized).jpg
17120147133684342295711183751853 (resized).jpg
17120146816654026590663874873131 (resized).jpg
1711971576349821576825836127955.jpg
17119715507093168227299707841971.jpg
20240127_165338 (resized).jpg
There are 5,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 109.
#4951 1 year ago

100 page post? nice...

#4952 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Where did you get the new topper from? Mine isn’t as yellow as the one on the left but certainly not as white as the one on the right.

white spray paint works well on these.

#4953 1 year ago

I was lowering the head and this ground wire popped off somewhere. Could someone please show me where it goes? Thanks

IMG_20230331_092505401 (resized).jpgIMG_20230331_092505401 (resized).jpg
#4954 1 year ago
CDB0CB1B-E658-4E91-A1A5-56646AD4E9CC (resized).jpegCDB0CB1B-E658-4E91-A1A5-56646AD4E9CC (resized).jpeg
#4955 1 year ago

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I'll check it out later today.

#4956 1 year ago

For those looking for the topper, Starship Fantasy has them in stock:

https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Whirlwind-Topper

And save $50 compared to Marco.

Mike

Quoted from scampcamp:

Was a little nervous trying to get the new cloud stickers on the new cloud evenly but I'm happy with it.
[quoted image]

Quoted from scampcamp:

I ordered it from Marco but it looks like it's out of stock.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8374

#4957 1 year ago

Maybe I'm slow but how do I get the yellow plastic off here? There is no screw. What's the trick?

PXL_20230422_051622798 (resized).jpgPXL_20230422_051622798 (resized).jpgPXL_20230422_051653306 (resized).jpgPXL_20230422_051653306 (resized).jpg
#4958 1 year ago

Carefully... CAREFULLY drill out the rivets.

#4959 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Carefully... CAREFULLY rill out the rivets.

Ok I found a video. Thanks.

#4960 1 year ago

I have a really nice Party Zone if anyone wants to trade. Send me a pm, projects okay.

#4961 1 year ago

100 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question, if someone could help. I had to replace the right ramp target for my Whirlwind. The replacement went fine. But as seems to happen I lost a side to a connection I thought I knew where it went. Now when the game is in play and goes through the ball check I get an audio sound through the speakers like an ungrounded connection. I think everything is good but I might have that second target wrong. Any help would be awesome.

20230422_161935 (resized).jpg20230422_161935 (resized).jpg20230422_161943 (resized).jpg20230422_161943 (resized).jpg
#4962 1 year ago

Looks good to me

IMG_0972 (resized).jpgIMG_0972 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4964 11 months ago

well......

#4965 11 months ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Shut up and take my money

Hmmm

Well, I’m excited there’s something new, but that trailer is meh. The characters, ummm, I hope they have a lot of personality.. I really wanna see gameplay

Can we play original whirlwind on this new software as well? Like bop2.0?

#4966 11 months ago

Yes you can play the original and the new version. I ordered mine already yesterday. According to the site. It says it will ship in 2 weeks which I didn't expect if it does actually. Should be fun, but I don't care for the back glass. So hope my original fits still as I have the mirrored glass. I also like my art blades, so leaving those two things off the kit.

#4967 11 months ago
Quoted from Conrad:

Yes you can play the original and the new version. I ordered mine already yesterday. According to the site. It says it will ship in 2 weeks which I didn't expect if it does actually. Should be fun, but I don't care for the back glass. So hope my original fits still as I have the mirrored glass. I also like my art blades, so leaving those two things off the kit.

Post a link please mate?
Edit, all good i found it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-20-kit-announced

Hard to believe that Coyote would downvote a new development that someone went to a lot of trouble to make so pinball would be better for those who choose to add it.

I just don't get people sometimes.

#4968 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Post a link please mate?
Hard to believe that Coyote would downvote a new development that someone went to a lot of trouble to make so pinball would be better for those who choose to add it.

IMHO, it does not follow the game's theme. To me, this is like releasing MMR v3.0 and turning it into a Marvel Avengers pin.
I'm sure a lot of effort went into it, but to my it looks like someone with a short attention span kept getting distracted by themes and wanting to work everything into it at once.

#4969 11 months ago

I don't care if it was developed by Nasa. I think this 2.0 is gonna be a bust. Donuts? Nannies? Where were they going with this? No auto-kickout in the shooter lane makes me question the multiball capabilities as well. Stormblasters looks to be a much better effort imo
*downvote is just voicing disapproval. Don't take them personally!
**at least the translite is done well!

#4970 11 months ago

For a game that has classic music and callouts… that 2.0 kit just feels like a downgrade. I don’t get the donuts and zombies. I’m excited about stormblasters. If I do buy a kit, applejuice will get my money.

#4971 11 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I don't care if it was developed by Nasa. I think this 2.0 is gonna be a bust. Donuts? Nannies? Where were they going with this? No auto-kickout in the shooter lane makes me question the multiball capabilities as well. Stormblasters looks to be a much better effort imo
*downvote is just voicing disapproval. Don't take them personally!
**at least the translite is done well!

It's not a personal thing in this instance, but it should be supported as a move forward and an effort to make pinball better. It's not for everyone, sure, but if one person really digs it (and there is more than one) then it's made pinball better than it was. It has taken nothing away from those of us who don't want it in our games and made someone's game better for them than it was.

Why the fuck would you disapprove of that?

Quoted from Coyote:

IMHO, it does not follow the game's theme. To me, this is like releasing MMR v3.0 and turning it into a Marvel Avengers pin.
I'm sure a lot of effort went into it, but to my it looks like someone with a short attention span kept getting distracted by themes and wanting to work everything into it at once.

I agree, but all the hate for this mod doesn't add up to me.
If you don't want it, don't get it.

It hasn't damaged anything.

I can't mention how stupid i think it is in a machine thread that people cable tie a pink unicorn to their shooter lane because i might hurt their feelings, but people are in the announcement thread for this mod that took many thousand dollars and hundreds of hours of work and putting complete shit on it.

If you don't like it (i don't) fine. Move on. There's no need for downvoting and trashing it.

It's an optional extra pinball game. What's not good about that?

AnotherUnpopularOpinionNoDoubtPunkin

#4972 11 months ago
Quoted from bajm:

For a game that has classic music and callouts… that 2.0 kit just feels like a downgrade. I don’t get the donuts and zombies. I’m excited about stormblasters. If I do buy a kit, applejuice will get my money.

I agree with this, applejuice’s “storm blasters” seems like more of the 2.0 whirlwind. I’m on the fence of converting mine, but would definitely do the storm blaster route.

#4973 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's no need for downvoting and trashing it.

I am, actually, quite honored that my downvote means this much to you and the team that developed this.

#4974 11 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I am, actually, quite honored that my downvote means this much to you and the team that developed this.

Time to be able to up vote down votes?

#4975 11 months ago

WW 2.0 is either going to be amazing or it is going to be a complete mess that just doesn’t work.
I’m hoping for the first and not the later.
I wasn’t able to put my finger on what it was that was bugging me.
Outside of all the random stuff that doesn’t belong together but maybe all these characters got sucked up into the whirlwind and now are all mixed up???????sewie and the Nannies?????
I don’t get it. Did the storm make the sewer overflow?
Why no homage to Wizard of Oz Twister or the movie twister or even the game twister.
It seems kind of like one of those ADD riddled cartoons where it’s got everything in it, bright lights, weird characters and has the ability to use up 20 minutes of our lives and now my post is as chaotic and incoherent as Total Chaos.

#4976 11 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I won't look too closely at that statement.

Manners maketh man.

#4977 11 months ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

WW 2.0 is either going to be amazing or it is going to be a complete mess that just doesn’t work.
I’m hoping for the first and not the later.
I wasn’t able to put my finger on what it was that was bugging me.
Outside of all the random stuff that doesn’t belong together but maybe all these characters got sucked up into the whirlwind and now are all mixed up???????sewie and the Nannies?????
I don’t get it. Did the storm make the sewer overflow?
Why no homage to Wizard of Oz Twister or the movie twister or even the game twister.
It seems kind of like one of those ADD riddled cartoons where it’s got everything in it, bright lights, weird characters and has the ability to use up 20 minutes of our lives and now my post is as chaotic and incoherent as Total Chaos.

If you grow to like this kind of stuff i recommend you buy a P3.

#4978 11 months ago

My brain can’t handle this kind of stuff!

#4979 11 months ago

'Sharknado' would be the ultimate retheme project

#4980 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Post a link please mate?

I find it harder to believe this was released with the expectation that people would like it.

#4981 11 months ago

Well be surprised then, because some people do.

#4982 11 months ago

I am in need of a diverter arm for a Whirlwind if anyone happens to know where to get one.

Thanks!

#4983 11 months ago

I believe most people would support Pedretti if they could come up with an upgrade kit that is both well-integrated with improved rules, sound and lighting effects, while keeping the feel of the original. This effort, much moreso than Funhouse 2.0, seems like a bunch of random ideas for modes thrown against a wall, with little integration at all to the overall theme. That's the complaint: the display I'm sure looks great, the art is fine, but the utter disconnect between the stormchaser storylineof Whirlwind and te nannies and area 51 in Whirlwind 2.0 is jarring.

Plus, what the hell is going on with a seemingly lack of beta testers and market research. I feel overwhelmingly that a lot of effort was put into this, but apparently zero-feedback was sought or listened to from the Pinside community on ideas for the upgrade. Maybe next time, ask for some advise to avoid some questionable choices.

My real complaint that is if they keep dropping the ball, sales will tank, and they will quit making upgrades, and I don't want to see that. I bought Funhouse 2.0 and have no interest at all in buying Whirlwind 2.0. Two weeks ago I was all in.

Mike

Quoted from punkin:

It's not a personal thing in this instance, but it should be supported as a move forward and an effort to make pinball better. It's not for everyone, sure, but if one person really digs it (and there is more than one) then it's made pinball better than it was. It has taken nothing away from those of us who don't want it in our games and made someone's game better for them than it was.
Why the fuck would you disapprove of that?

I agree, but all the hate for this mod doesn't add up to me.
If you don't want it, don't get it.
It hasn't damaged anything.
I can't mention how stupid i think it is in a machine thread that people cable tie a pink unicorn to their shooter lane because i might hurt their feelings, but people are in the announcement thread for this mod that took many thousand dollars and hundreds of hours of work and putting complete shit on it.
If you don't like it (i don't) fine. Move on. There's no need for downvoting and trashing it.
It's an optional extra pinball game. What's not good about that?
AnotherUnpopularOpinionNoDoubtPunkin

#4984 11 months ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

I believe most people would support Pedretti if they could come up with an upgrade kit that is both well-integrated with improved rules, sound and lighting effects, while keeping the feel of the original. This effort, much moreso than Funhouse 2.0, seems like a bunch of random ideas for modes thrown against a wall, with little integration at all to the overall theme. That's the complaint: the display I'm sure looks great, the art is fine, but the utter disconnect between the stormchaser storylineof Whirlwind and te nannies and area 51 in Whirlwind 2.0 is jarring.
Plus, what the hell is going on with a seemingly lack of beta testers and market research. I feel overwhelmingly that a lot of effort was put into this, but apparently zero-feedback was sought or listened to from the Pinside community on ideas for the upgrade. Maybe next time, ask for some advise to avoid some questionable choices.
My real complaint that is if they keep dropping the ball, sales will tank, and they will quit making upgrades, and I don't want to see that. I bought Funhouse 2.0 and have no interest at all in buying Whirlwind 2.0. Two weeks ago I was all in.
Mike

I understand and agree with all of that.

The point remains that today we have more than we had last week. Nothing has been taken away, but something has been added.

In any sane world that is an improvement, even if it's judged a small one.

So my thanks go to the company that backed it, the designers that worked hard on it, the people who decided to put their own money where their mouth was and all the others who helped on the way.

Not for me, but thank you all anyway. You made the world of pinball better.

#4985 11 months ago

I think all the efforts to create a 2.0 are awesome! No need to bash on anyone, if you're not into it, keep your shitty opinions to yourself and don't buy it!
Nobody here cares about anyone else's opinion on something they have never seen, bought or played!!
I'm a hardcore retro guy, There's no 2.0 that I would ever buy, but I still give creative and engineering credit where its damn-well due!!

PS. Upvoted the creator back to 0!

#4986 11 months ago

Great to see there's at least one more person who thinks the world doesn't have to be all about what they want.

#4987 11 months ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I think all the efforts to create a 2.0 are awesome! No need to bash on anyone, if you're not into it, keep your shitty opinions to yourself and don't buy it!
Nobody here cares about anyone else's opinion on something they have never seen, bought or played!!
I'm a hardcore retro guy, There's no 2.0 that I would ever buy, but I still give creative and engineering credit where its damn-well due!!
PS. Upvoted the creator back to 0!

Please explain what made his opinion and shittier that yours...

#4988 11 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Please explain what made his opinion and shittier that yours...

It would be a waste of characters.

If you can't understand yet, there's no way to further explain it.

#4989 11 months ago

If anyone is going to upgrade their WW and they have a mirrored BG they will no longer be using shoot me a PM

#4990 11 months ago
Quoted from DK:

If anyone is going to upgrade their WW and they have a mirrored BG they will no longer be using shoot me a PM

Hahaha there's seizing opportunity. Likewise, after someone sells DK theirs I'll take the next mirrored CPR one from a 2.0 owner.

#4991 11 months ago

Without shitty comments and negative feedback you don't get better. And I'm sure everyone wants better. No participation trophies in pinball.

#4992 11 months ago
Quoted from DK:

I've got one. Heavily discounted. Can ship in small USPS flat rate box. Shipped from Dallas to Tucson prior to TPF. Luckily, it was fully insured. I specifically had the UPS store pack it themselves because I expected it not to survive.
IMG_5091 (resized).JPGIMG_5091 (resized).JPGIMG_5092 (resized).JPGIMG_5092 (resized).JPGIMG_5094 (resized).JPGIMG_5094 (resized).JPGIMG_5095 (resized).JPGIMG_5095 (resized).JPG

#4993 11 months ago
Quoted from zene10:

I've got one. Heavily discounted. Can ship in small USPS flat rate box. Shipped from Dallas to Tucson prior to TPF. Luckily, it was fully insured. I specifically had the UPS store pack it themselves because I expected it not to survive.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ouch

#4994 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Without shitty comments and negative feedback you don't get better. And I'm sure everyone wants better. No participation trophies in pinball.

Yeah.
You are doing these people a favour by being you.

I get it.

You are probably better than someone that's actually having a go, by being the guy who is always ready to dish out shitty comments.
Bet the artists really want to thank you for that.

In fact, i want to thank you for that.
No participation trophies, that's going straight to the pool room.

#4995 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

You can't make everyone on pinside happy. I'm sure the devoted yesmen have invested more time and effort into defending this project than they have actually checking out this product. I doubt this kit sells more than 50 world wide and we don't hear about it again after 6 months. But that's just my opinion!

#4996 11 months ago

It's not devoted yes men. It's people trying to promote good manners.

It's not about the product, it's about being polite and supportive to people who are having a go, even if it isn't something i want.

But people will phrase it however it saves them recognising how unnecessarily rude you are to someone making an effort.

My point is, it's as easy to say 'Not for me, it's too far away from what i already have and i can't use my imagination to conceptualize something new and different'.

I'm only saying there's no need to be rude about it.

I bet your teenage or young adult kids would love it though........

#4997 11 months ago

I'll admit I'm interested in the 2.0 kit. Already dropped way too much pin money recently so I won't be an early adopter and would like to see some gameplay on this one before making a final decision.

#4998 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'll admit I'm interested in the 2.0 kit. Already dropped way too much pin money recently so I won't be an early adopter and would like to see some gameplay on this one before making a final decision.

Your non pinhead visitors will love it i bet.

I'm in the same boat. It hasn't grabbed me, it will be very exe by the time it gets here, there's bits i don't want (any of the art) but still have to pay for and i haven't seen game play yet.

#4999 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Your non pinhead visitors will love it i bet.
I'm in the same boat. It hasn't grabbed me, it will be very exe by the time it gets here, there's bits i don't want (any of the art) but still have to pay for and i haven't seen game play yet.

My personal thing is the idea of being able to play two completely different games on the same pinball machine is a huge draw for me. I like my P3 for that exact reason. As far as I'm concerned it's $2000 for a second game if you already own a whirlwind... something likely equivelant to a 90s DMD game that I already know shoots like butter owning one and having played DE JP. There are only a handful of games that I know do this. Judge Dredd has the option for a Super Game but both games are mediocre at best. I really like the option on Pool Sharks to play 8 ball or 9 ball. I've often thought that having a second game on a playfield would be a great way to extend the life of a game but can see manufacturers not wanting to do this as... they want us to move on to the next pin eventually.

#5000 11 months ago

I agree, having 2 completely diffrent games on 1 machine adds to the longevity of both.

I love bop2.0 but theres no reason to switch back to the original on that, essentially killing the 2 for 1 aspect..

Original whirlwind (funhouse too) are such great games still imo that they dont need to be upgraded so i think going for something completly diffrent is the right way to go..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only/page/100?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.