kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1713992383846 (resized).jpg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 914 of 943.
#45651 53 days ago

That is a lot of really cool themes.
It will be a fun 2-3 years.

#45652 53 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

Pokemon is a day 1 preorder for me.

It's a clear fit with their IC leveling strategy, and has cross generational appeal from Xennials to Millennials on down. I know a bunch of the olds here (I'm on the cusp!) don't relate to it, but I assure you all that this property speaks to the younger version of the same neurodivergent tendencies that brought us all here. (Collecting, rarity, care, obsessive details) Top it off with the fact that the high end of the pokemon demo definitely has LE money judging by the prices for some of the original cards + carts, this could be a Godzilla-level success for Stern.

#45653 53 days ago

Man Goonies and beetle juice are top my list but Sonic n He-man would be great too.
I’m fixing to pull the trigger on Elvira but maybe I need to wait a little bit and see what happens.

#45654 53 days ago

Evil Dead, Gremlins, Medieval Madness Remake and Pokémon for me.

#45655 53 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah since he didn't have a will I can't even imagine how hard it would be to license his stuff.

Don't worry if someone calls, the prince machine will pick up the phone. Prince is still big business.

#45656 53 days ago

Pokemon please be a thorough thoughtout well designed replayable game…

#45657 53 days ago
Quoted from flippbook:

Pokemon please be a thorough thoughtout well designed replayable game…

“Gotta catch ‘em all!” It’s a no brainer…

#45658 53 days ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

“Gotta catch ‘em all!” It’s a no brainer…

Ah, the irony of that statement…

#45659 53 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Always shocks me how many Shia fans there are out there.

IMG_7472.gifIMG_7472.gif

#45660 53 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

@Gr

Grantman thanks for posting.
I’m interested in Muppets, He-Man and Dracula

BSD is the first machine that I purchased almost 30 years ago. I personally Love it but many people consider it a B list title. Back then it was approx. 1/2 the price of the A list titles. Pretty much the same these days. Unless I’m missing something it would have to be priced substantially lower than other machines on the list in order to sell in decent numbers.

It’s great to have things shift back to how it was “in the good old days.” Don’t purchaseNIB(way too expensive) play the machine on location/ at Shows to determine if it’s worth purchasing and then track down a lightly used machine for substantially less than Retail if it’s deemed worthy of purchase.

I never would have dreamed that we would have the selection of NIB machines available from different Mfg’s. It a great time to be a player / collector but I wouldn’t want to be a Distro. With so many options it seems like lower production numbers would be smart in order to avoid too much stock sitting in warehouses/close out pricing.

#45661 53 days ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

BSD is the first machine that I purchased almost 30 years ago. I personally Love it but many people consider it a B list title. Back then it was approx. 1/2 the price of the A list titles. Pretty much the same these days. Unless I’m missing something it would have to be priced substantially lower than other machines on the list in order to sell in decent numbers.
It’s great to have things shift back to how it was “in the good old days.” Don’t purchaseNIB(way too expensive) play the machine on location/ at Shows to determine if it’s worth purchasing and then track down a lightly used machine for substantially less than Retail if it’s deemed worthy of purchase.
I never would have dreamed that we would have the selection of NIB machines available from different Mfg’s. It a great time to be a player / collector but I wouldn’t want to be a Distro. With so many options it seems like lower production numbers would be smart in order to avoid too much stock sitting in warehouses/close out pricing.

I appreciate your message ultimategameroom and indeed I must say that you’re absolutely right about many opinions that we have nowadays… but personally there’s Classics that I really love to have at home. My space is very limited at home but an example is my Attack from Mars remake in alien green, that’s another of my games that is definitely bolted at home, so a new Bram S. Dracula probably can be in the same level for me to have at home bolted as well

#45662 53 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Indy, easily. I'm afraid they will put in lame songs in Metallica that will grate on me real quick.

Watch it’s only from Dial of Destiny lol

#45663 53 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I mean, if this thread was next JJP, I would say book it!

#45664 53 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder if they do make a new Metallica game if it will feature more of a story line. Some of the last few music pins have trended that way: Foo Fighters, Rush, and Iron Maiden (BKSOR feels like a generic heavy metal music pin with a story). Plus it would help distinguish it more from the other Metallica game which is a bit more scoring feature focused than narrative

Ill say again, Through the Never is tailor made for the next Met pin. Its got a cool storyline, dark imagery and great concert footage. I would 100% be in on that.
In fact, it was a 3d movie, so LE 3D?

dane (resized).jpgdane (resized).jpg
#45665 53 days ago

Stern and Disney have a good relationship. I don't know if Thor alone could be enough to support a game. Personally I think it would. The movies are very cool, good and funny.

#45666 53 days ago

I’m really surprised Stern hasn’t went with D&D Direct with their new insider platform….or maybe they will?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robwieland/2023/03/28/what-happened-during-dd-direct-march-2023/amp/

IMG_8851.gifIMG_8851.gif

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45667 53 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Yeah, now he added Journey, Beastie Boys and Beetlejuice.
[quoted image]

Beastie Boys could be fantastic as a story-driven game, but I don't want a bunch of concert footage and call it a day-type pin.

#45668 53 days ago

Put me down for another Metallica and a Journey LE if these rumors are true! Has to be Steve Perry Journey, though. Going to have to rotate the herd some if these rumors are true. Speaking of Rumors, maybe release a Fleetwood Mac pin to round out the music pins LOL

#45669 53 days ago

Several others have mentioned the depth sound adds to game play. I'd like to see Spike 3 games come with the option to Aux or Bluetooth a pair of headphones or ear buds. It would be nice to have the option to hear the game in a noisier environment. JJP offers this option and I think it was a good move.

#45670 53 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Don't say that too loud! haha

#45671 53 days ago

For the record I am about 3/4 of the way through Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark with a 7 year old, 10 year old, and 12 year old watching it for the first time. Only bedtime stopped them from finishing it. They absolutely love it, its awesome, and its timeless.

#45672 52 days ago

I was thinking about D&D as a theme and how it, if this was still the 90s, it might have been something like Hello From the Magic Tavern. Using local comedians to make up a world, similar to how Medieval Madness was done with Second City improvers.

It is a show hosted by Arnie Niekamp, who fell into a trans-dimensional portal behind a Burger King restaurant in Chicago, and landed in Foon, a magical land in the style of Narnia or Middle-Earth. Although unable to return to Earth, Arnie starts a podcast using equipment that he happened to have with him and a weak Wi-Fi signal from the Burger King through the portal to teach people of Earth about Foon. He is joined each week by co-hosts Usidore the Blue, a wizard, and Chunt, a shapeshifter who is in the form of a badger for most of the podcast, and interview weird fantasy characters.

#45673 52 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

FYI:
[quoted image]

BTTF, Evil Dead, Gremlins, Matrix, Top Gun, Sonic, He-Man in that order for me.

Would have an interest in an IJ remake, but less so with a few of those hitting.

Notice Stern's theme ranking in my list. And I won't be able to get 7 for 7. They need to try harder.

#45674 52 days ago

WildRover A new Tron movie is coming out 2025. Maybe that will be the Vault or new version of Tron pinball you mentioned today at Pinball Party

#45675 52 days ago

I only have room for 4 pins. I only have a dead pool so they have to be dream themes. I would love a Pokemon, Goonies and a music pin The Beastie Boys

#45676 52 days ago

I know Hollywood now simply remakes dogshit films of the past.....but jesus man. Enough.

#45677 52 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I know Hollywood now simply remakes dogshit films of the past.....but jesus man. Enough.

Well maybe one more...

team (resized).jpgteam (resized).jpg
#45678 52 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Well maybe one more...

Thunderbirds would have been SO MUCH BETTER themed as Team America: World Police. The “Puke Multiball” would be glorious - every jackpot, Gary pukes a little more. Or a LOT more, for super jackpots.

#45679 52 days ago
Quoted from MR-808:

Thunderbirds would have been SO MUCH BETTER themed as Team America: World Police. The “Puke Multiball” would be glorious - every jackpot, Gary pukes a little more. Or a LOT more, for super jackpots.

I would buy a Team America pin in a heartbeat.

#45680 52 days ago
Quoted from simbob:

I would buy a Team America pin in a heartbeat.

Fuck yeah!

#45681 52 days ago
Quoted from MR-808:

Thunderbirds would have been SO MUCH BETTER themed as Team America: World Police.

No, no It wouldn't.

#45682 51 days ago

New Mad Max looks cool. Second movie is a good time to think about making a pin...

Chris Hemsworth showed off his cool radial engine chopper in the movie

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45683 51 days ago

Easy Buy:
Pokemon
Metallica

Very interested:
John Wick
X-Men '97 (only if it's Elwin)
Muppets
Harry Potter
MMR
Williams Indy Remake

Only if it looks like a great layout:
Stern Indy
Whitewater 2
Gremlins

Everything else looks like a pass to me.

#45684 51 days ago

Now that Jaws has arrived it’s time to have a pin for the real predator of the ocean.

Free Willy would be a hit no doubt?

#45685 51 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Now that Jaws has arrived it’s time to have a pin for the real predator of the ocean.

Free Willy would be a hit no doubt?

Would it eat the ball though?

#45686 51 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Would it eat the ball though?

The Orca doesn’t eat the ball, it jumps the wall!
DD07E6EC-DE18-4AF9-A58D-271B4EE2AAC5.gifDD07E6EC-DE18-4AF9-A58D-271B4EE2AAC5.gif

#45687 51 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:For the record I am about 3/4 of the way through Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark with a 7 year old, 10 year old, and 12 year old watching it for the first time. Only bedtime stopped them from finishing it. They absolutely love it, its awesome, and its timeless.

If they did proper sound integration like they did with jaws it would be a winner.

#45688 51 days ago

Where am I?

#45689 51 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For the record I am about 3/4 of the way through Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark with a 7 year old, 10 year old, and 12 year old watching it for the first time. Only bedtime stopped them from finishing it. They absolutely love it, its awesome, and its timeless.

Would finish it and extend bedtime. I can’t wait till my little one can enjoy the same movies I did growing up. Goonies, Betelgeuse, Dumb and Dumber, Space Balls, Willy Wonka. Only have one little one right now to enjoy

#45690 51 days ago

What.

The question is what.

#45691 51 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I know Hollywood now simply remakes dogshit films of the past.....but jesus man. Enough

Apologies if I offended. OK I admit, I will watch the remake of Roadhouse.

#45692 51 days ago

How long should they wait to do a theme again? They should take a better run with the WWE theme. Maybe Spike 3?

#45693 51 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Would finish it and extend bedtime. I can’t wait till my little one can enjoy the same movies I did growing up. Goonies, Betelgeuse, Dumb and Dumber, Space Balls, Willy Wonka. Only have one little one right now to enjoy

Dumb and Dumber pin, never considered that but it could be hilarious and perhaps an awesome theme…

#45694 51 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Cornerstone Stern pin due out around 18 May 2024!
Stern announced Jaws (2 January) over a month behind the predicted schedule. This was the longest gap (175 days) between cornerstone pins since switching to Spike 2 excepting their publically announced skip in late 2021/early 2022. Note this only counts Pro/Premium/Le pins. I have no inside information on what the next cornerstone pin will be, but most likely guess as of today (1/4/24) is Pokemon based on rumors. Math below.
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith, the first cornerstone Spike 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
Rush: 1/4/2021 (112 days after Godzilla).
Skipped release (Doesn’t count… publically announced Skip from Stern).
Bond: 9/22/2022 ( 261 days… after Rush… counting as 130 (261/2) due to skip.
Foo Fighters: 2/28/2023 (160 days… after Bond).
Venom: 7/11/2023 (134 days after Foo Fighters).
Jaws: 1/2/2024 (175 days after Venom)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 135 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 18 May 2024
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.
[quoted image]

Monthly reminder, next Stern pin due out on or about 18 May 2024. Math and logic above. No idea what the next pin is, but I would guess Pokemon, John Wick, or Metallica LCD.

#45695 51 days ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

How long should they wait to do a theme again? They should take a better run with the WWE theme. Maybe Spike 3?

There is very little demand for that theme I think

The ones who do want "classic" 80s/90s wrasslin, not the modern stuff.

#45696 51 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

Dumb and Dumber pin, never considered that but it could be hilarious and perhaps an awesome theme…

Would be awesome.

Stern seems stuck in the music - Marvel - blockbuster movie theme cycle. What was the last comedy pin they made? Probably Family Guy.

#45697 51 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There is very little demand for that theme I think
The ones who do want "classic" 80s/90s wrasslin, not the modern stuff.

I feel like that is obviously the play and what they should do. It should just be the Legends of WrestleMania theme for Pro/Pre/LE.

#45698 51 days ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I feel like that is obviously the play and what they should do. It should just be the Legends of WrestleMania theme for Pro/Pre/LE.

Yeah but WWE probably wants to push their current stars. That's why the WWE game ended up the way it did. Current rosters for pros (location play), legends for the LE (hard core collectors)

Also there's the whole issue with likeness rights of wrestlers, because they are all de facto sub contractors and the rights of the WWE on old wrestlers seems to mostly limited to existing footage and photography they own.

#45699 50 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Would be awesome.
Stern seems stuck in the music - Marvel - blockbuster movie theme cycle. What was the last comedy pin they made? Probably Family Guy.

Deadpool, EHOH, Arguably Foo Fighters. Rush if you count the Canadian dad jokes thrown at you every 3 seconds.

#45700 50 days ago
Quoted from Duster72:

X-Men '97 (only if it's Elwin)

It's funny, I actually hope it's either a Danger or Borg game. The only Elwin game I absolutely love is Iron Maiden. None of his games are bad, but that's the only one I find myself coming back to regularly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,277 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 914 of 943.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/914 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.